Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Opposites Attract [PRPG]
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Dimitri frowned as her words completely totaled his. Bread bowls were a thing? The look she was giving him made him feel like he'd just crawled out from under a rock. He supposed that the major companies had indeed thought of and had already implemented the idea but he tended to avoid brand names foods. He gave an apologetic shrug. "I've heard of, seen, and tried bread stuffed with meat, veggies and other fillings but never soup. And I typically don't shop at the big name stores. The local markets are better and they usually don't carry the fancy new food inventions." he explained, now feeling a little foolish. He almost made another suggestion but bit that one back this time. A brow arched when she challenged his credentials as a cook. "I may cook but that doesn't mean I know all the recipes or ideas out there." he said simply, leaving it at that. Bread bowls were a thing. You learn something new every day and this clearly proved it. Bread wasn't in his meals all the time, nor was soup. His clients' locations didn't require the warmth or fullness of soup at this time of year. Plus he enjoyed cooking foods from different countries as opposed to the typical meals found in where he currently was. He decided to let the subject drop, unless she brought it up again. He resumed eating, still feeling a bit foolish but he supposed he should have guessed that.

Han took in the cuts and growing bruises on his boys as he approached. Their words were a mess of pain, confusion, and anger. He let them pick themselves up off the ground, hoping to get the story of whatever happened out of them. It seemed that someone had misplaced $100 and each of them thought that another had done it. Hence the fighting. Between the four, confusing, contradicting, and drunken stories he only gathered a few things in common. $100 had either gone missing, was stolen, or had been cheated. And the girl wasn't in any of their stories. Granted they did vaguely mention a lady in their games but nothing about the woman here in the alley. After letting them cool off and get themselves together he ordered them back to the safehouse. He didn't need more fights or any more trouble. It was best if they forgot about the money and went to bed. Everyone was going to be a hammered mess in the morning, and he wasn't sure yet if he'd be joining them. After spending a god 20 to 30 minutes dragging the stories out of their foggy minds and sending them on their way he returned to the bar, the scene not much different than before he'd left.
Dimitri frowned as her words completely totaled his. Bread bowls were a thing? The look she was giving him made him feel like he'd just crawled out from under a rock. He supposed that the major companies had indeed thought of and had already implemented the idea but he tended to avoid brand names foods. He gave an apologetic shrug. "I've heard of, seen, and tried bread stuffed with meat, veggies and other fillings but never soup. And I typically don't shop at the big name stores. The local markets are better and they usually don't carry the fancy new food inventions." he explained, now feeling a little foolish. He almost made another suggestion but bit that one back this time. A brow arched when she challenged his credentials as a cook. "I may cook but that doesn't mean I know all the recipes or ideas out there." he said simply, leaving it at that. Bread bowls were a thing. You learn something new every day and this clearly proved it. Bread wasn't in his meals all the time, nor was soup. His clients' locations didn't require the warmth or fullness of soup at this time of year. Plus he enjoyed cooking foods from different countries as opposed to the typical meals found in where he currently was. He decided to let the subject drop, unless she brought it up again. He resumed eating, still feeling a bit foolish but he supposed he should have guessed that.

Han took in the cuts and growing bruises on his boys as he approached. Their words were a mess of pain, confusion, and anger. He let them pick themselves up off the ground, hoping to get the story of whatever happened out of them. It seemed that someone had misplaced $100 and each of them thought that another had done it. Hence the fighting. Between the four, confusing, contradicting, and drunken stories he only gathered a few things in common. $100 had either gone missing, was stolen, or had been cheated. And the girl wasn't in any of their stories. Granted they did vaguely mention a lady in their games but nothing about the woman here in the alley. After letting them cool off and get themselves together he ordered them back to the safehouse. He didn't need more fights or any more trouble. It was best if they forgot about the money and went to bed. Everyone was going to be a hammered mess in the morning, and he wasn't sure yet if he'd be joining them. After spending a god 20 to 30 minutes dragging the stories out of their foggy minds and sending them on their way he returned to the bar, the scene not much different than before he'd left.
8d7o509.png
( Awww cue Eve feeling bad and awkward for making Dimitri feel awkward about not knowing about bread bowls x3 )
( Awww cue Eve feeling bad and awkward for making Dimitri feel awkward about not knowing about bread bowls x3 )
aaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa49763919121_34ac4bea71_m.jpg
"I-" Eve began, realizing that he'd been sincere in his suggestion. She'd rather thought he was kidding, making fun of her the way that many people often did but in a way that made it seem genuine. She should have guessed, given the rest of the conversation, that he'd been being honest. He hadn't been anything else, not yet anyway.
As soon as that frown flashed across his face, Eve looked crushed. Her forehead scrunched as she wordlessly stared at her bread bowl pieces, unable to explain the sudden knot in the pit of her stomach. There she'd gone, thinking he'd been making a joke, and...well. This was why she rather left the humor to her sister.
The last thing she'd wanted to do was make him frown, especially when he'd been doing her a favor by helping her save face in front of everyone in the restaurant.
"I'm sorry," she instead said softly, her forehead still crinkled in dismay. "I...thought you were poking fun at the messy way I eat these, it's almost like playing with your food. It shouldn't have surprised me that you didn't really know about these, since you're not from here and travel to...well, a lot of places that don't have them. And given what you do, these aren't particularly good for you so of course you wouldn't really have much to do with them-" She cut off, hearing the familiar pitch-shift to her voice, the one that appeared when she was upset. She hadn't meant to make him feel silly, or to upset him at all with her joke about his cooking.
Would it be too much to ask the seat to swallow whole?

Sparky, by this time, had happily numbed her system with...probably an unhealthy amount of alcohol. Well, if she was going to get buzzed, it took quite a bit to get her there, and she'd been happy to oblige. After the ruining of not only her favorite jeans but also her favorite pair of heels, she'd felt the need to send them off in style.
Which led to too many drinks and something of a loss of her inhibitions.
And since she didn't have shoes at this point, she (in theory) wouldn't get in too much trouble for dancing on the pool table. It was certainly a different approach, but undoubtedly one that would earn her a little cash as well-
That was enough to make the idea appealing enough for her to go with it. Finishing off the drink she'd had (was that six? Seven? Was she counting?), Sparky hopped down from the bar stool she'd been perched on and slid her way into the crowd around one of the tables. It wasn't until the guy nearest the jukebox changed it to something decidedly less country and a lot more rock that anything happened, though. But once those opening strands of Bad Girlfriend kicked off...
...maybe she'd needed less to drink.

( Eve is going to have a seriously hung over Sparky to deal with whenever Sparky manages to get home. Since someone messed up her shoes and she walked! lol )
"I-" Eve began, realizing that he'd been sincere in his suggestion. She'd rather thought he was kidding, making fun of her the way that many people often did but in a way that made it seem genuine. She should have guessed, given the rest of the conversation, that he'd been being honest. He hadn't been anything else, not yet anyway.
As soon as that frown flashed across his face, Eve looked crushed. Her forehead scrunched as she wordlessly stared at her bread bowl pieces, unable to explain the sudden knot in the pit of her stomach. There she'd gone, thinking he'd been making a joke, and...well. This was why she rather left the humor to her sister.
The last thing she'd wanted to do was make him frown, especially when he'd been doing her a favor by helping her save face in front of everyone in the restaurant.
"I'm sorry," she instead said softly, her forehead still crinkled in dismay. "I...thought you were poking fun at the messy way I eat these, it's almost like playing with your food. It shouldn't have surprised me that you didn't really know about these, since you're not from here and travel to...well, a lot of places that don't have them. And given what you do, these aren't particularly good for you so of course you wouldn't really have much to do with them-" She cut off, hearing the familiar pitch-shift to her voice, the one that appeared when she was upset. She hadn't meant to make him feel silly, or to upset him at all with her joke about his cooking.
Would it be too much to ask the seat to swallow whole?

Sparky, by this time, had happily numbed her system with...probably an unhealthy amount of alcohol. Well, if she was going to get buzzed, it took quite a bit to get her there, and she'd been happy to oblige. After the ruining of not only her favorite jeans but also her favorite pair of heels, she'd felt the need to send them off in style.
Which led to too many drinks and something of a loss of her inhibitions.
And since she didn't have shoes at this point, she (in theory) wouldn't get in too much trouble for dancing on the pool table. It was certainly a different approach, but undoubtedly one that would earn her a little cash as well-
That was enough to make the idea appealing enough for her to go with it. Finishing off the drink she'd had (was that six? Seven? Was she counting?), Sparky hopped down from the bar stool she'd been perched on and slid her way into the crowd around one of the tables. It wasn't until the guy nearest the jukebox changed it to something decidedly less country and a lot more rock that anything happened, though. But once those opening strands of Bad Girlfriend kicked off...
...maybe she'd needed less to drink.

( Eve is going to have a seriously hung over Sparky to deal with whenever Sparky manages to get home. Since someone messed up her shoes and she walked! lol )
( And in regards to your PM, a text message or whatever to Dimitri would be perfect in fact. )

Dimitri shrugged at her apology, the movement rather a silent apology itself. He hadn't meant to put her in the position she was in now, the tall tell signs apparent in her expressions and tone. His own forehead wrinkled, brows shifting as one arched up and the other moved downward. "Well you seem like a pro at them so it doesn't look messy like I'm sure I'd end up doing." he said, hoping that at least a compliment and a jab at himself would help alleviate the mood. He hated making women upset, and although he'd never been on a date he didn't want to upset the girl further. "In fact. I dare you to, one of these days, compete against someone. You, eat the bread bowl soup thing and they, eat soup with a spoon and see who wins." a smirk slowly grew while he spoke, the dare slightly to change the subject but it was a genuine dare if she was willing to try it. He'd probably never see her again to learn the results but he'd be genuinely curious as to who the winner would be.

Han settled himself back among his crowd. His group was split between the pool tables and the bar and at the moment he needed a buzz to deal with the drama earlier. The angel, most likely, or the fallen angel, possible, was still on his radar. He had to be careful of their presence. If an angel caught a whiff of him they'd want to tear his wings from their sockets, seeking their duty as deliverers of justice. His falling and loss of grace was enough justice for his deeds. He didn't need more angel crap. As for fellow fallen angels, he only trusted a handful. They were just as dangerous and although he knew they'd be the most understanding to his ideas it wasn't a guarantee. Why surveying the crowd he continued with his chain of orders while occasionally stealing a drink from some of his boys. A few got drunk faster than others and for him it took more of everything for him to feel the effect.
( And in regards to your PM, a text message or whatever to Dimitri would be perfect in fact. )

Dimitri shrugged at her apology, the movement rather a silent apology itself. He hadn't meant to put her in the position she was in now, the tall tell signs apparent in her expressions and tone. His own forehead wrinkled, brows shifting as one arched up and the other moved downward. "Well you seem like a pro at them so it doesn't look messy like I'm sure I'd end up doing." he said, hoping that at least a compliment and a jab at himself would help alleviate the mood. He hated making women upset, and although he'd never been on a date he didn't want to upset the girl further. "In fact. I dare you to, one of these days, compete against someone. You, eat the bread bowl soup thing and they, eat soup with a spoon and see who wins." a smirk slowly grew while he spoke, the dare slightly to change the subject but it was a genuine dare if she was willing to try it. He'd probably never see her again to learn the results but he'd be genuinely curious as to who the winner would be.

Han settled himself back among his crowd. His group was split between the pool tables and the bar and at the moment he needed a buzz to deal with the drama earlier. The angel, most likely, or the fallen angel, possible, was still on his radar. He had to be careful of their presence. If an angel caught a whiff of him they'd want to tear his wings from their sockets, seeking their duty as deliverers of justice. His falling and loss of grace was enough justice for his deeds. He didn't need more angel crap. As for fellow fallen angels, he only trusted a handful. They were just as dangerous and although he knew they'd be the most understanding to his ideas it wasn't a guarantee. Why surveying the crowd he continued with his chain of orders while occasionally stealing a drink from some of his boys. A few got drunk faster than others and for him it took more of everything for him to feel the effect.
8d7o509.png
( We shall get to that, in that case! )

Eve forced herself to take a breath, closing her eyes for a moment; the wrinkling to her forehead relaxed, as her shoulders shifted back and down. She partially grinned at his own eyebrow shift, once again noting the interesting changes that emotions caused on the faces of humans. They were always somehow more intriguing than the limited ranges that most angels showed, though she had to admit her sister had quite the impressive library of slightly-different annoyed expression from mildly bothered to full-on, fists-flying furious.
The latter was truly something both terrifying and astonishing to see.
"I doubt you'd be all that bad at it." A somewhat confused look settled over her features at the mention of a dare; she generally knew what the word meant, but she'd never done one before. "What would be the condition of winning? Whoever is neater at the end?"
A soft flush of color dusted her cheeks as Dimitri smirked, as she considered the thought of a dare. As an angel, dares (considered as something of an offshoot of a bet, which is under the umbrella of gambling) were not something she happened to be all that familiar with. This natural order of things generally kept angels from doing anything in the realm of betting of any sort, but Eve had to admit...she felt an odd kind of need to indulge in the dare.
"...who would be my competition?"

As soon as the song ended, Sparky dropped to sitting on the edge of the table; she accepted the few proffered drinks awaiting her return to floor level, most of which were thankfully shots. Without much thought to the after effects, she had downed one shot from each hand before approaching the bar. If she was at all aware of having Han's attention, she sure didn't act like it. (Though, really, she's not aware)
It was all she could do to remember to take her shoes with her to the bar in her search for water.
Good news, she'd managed to get enough drinks to pretty effectively erase the memory of dealing with James. Bad news, she was still fully aware of her favorite heels being broken and now was fully aware that rather negatively influenced her ability to get home. As she shifted herself up to perch on one of the barstools and asked for a water, she slid her phone up onto the bar.
Eve's disapproving voice was already ringing through her head as she tried to focus her eyes on the phone screen; Sparky knew, full well, the parental speech that would follow if she did indeed call her sister. "Why did you walk? Do you know how irresponsible that is? How did you break your heel? How many-"
"Ugh, Eve, I don't want to hear it," she muttered, despite the fact Eve hadn't said a thing...as Eve hadn't been contacted. She swirled the glass the bartender set in front of her, clinking her ice cubes against the glass, as she irately flipped her phone over onto its screen.

EDIT: And, actually, just because I can.

Eli, meanwhile, had wandered his way to the park a few streets down from the restaurant. He couldn't believe that he'd sabotaged yet another of Eve's dates; guilt flickered at the edges of his thoughts but it wasn't fully formed. He took their promise seriously, whether Eve viewed it the same way he had: promises carried weight to angels, so it had to be worth something to them both.
But if that were true, why in the world was she attempting to find someone not him?
He slipped his phone out of his pocket as he sunk down onto one of the park benches, eyeing the phone number currently on his screen. After a few moments' consideration, he decided to send a short text, wondering if a certain someone happened to know anything about what was going on with her friend.
Icarus? Do you happen to have any idea what Eve is up to tonight? He realized it was unlikely that the girl would know anything about what was currently occurring in the restaurant with some guy who was entirely not supposed to be there, but maybe Eve had decided to update her fellow girl on the happenings of the night. And, whether he should be or not, he was both jealous and concerned.
( We shall get to that, in that case! )

Eve forced herself to take a breath, closing her eyes for a moment; the wrinkling to her forehead relaxed, as her shoulders shifted back and down. She partially grinned at his own eyebrow shift, once again noting the interesting changes that emotions caused on the faces of humans. They were always somehow more intriguing than the limited ranges that most angels showed, though she had to admit her sister had quite the impressive library of slightly-different annoyed expression from mildly bothered to full-on, fists-flying furious.
The latter was truly something both terrifying and astonishing to see.
"I doubt you'd be all that bad at it." A somewhat confused look settled over her features at the mention of a dare; she generally knew what the word meant, but she'd never done one before. "What would be the condition of winning? Whoever is neater at the end?"
A soft flush of color dusted her cheeks as Dimitri smirked, as she considered the thought of a dare. As an angel, dares (considered as something of an offshoot of a bet, which is under the umbrella of gambling) were not something she happened to be all that familiar with. This natural order of things generally kept angels from doing anything in the realm of betting of any sort, but Eve had to admit...she felt an odd kind of need to indulge in the dare.
"...who would be my competition?"

As soon as the song ended, Sparky dropped to sitting on the edge of the table; she accepted the few proffered drinks awaiting her return to floor level, most of which were thankfully shots. Without much thought to the after effects, she had downed one shot from each hand before approaching the bar. If she was at all aware of having Han's attention, she sure didn't act like it. (Though, really, she's not aware)
It was all she could do to remember to take her shoes with her to the bar in her search for water.
Good news, she'd managed to get enough drinks to pretty effectively erase the memory of dealing with James. Bad news, she was still fully aware of her favorite heels being broken and now was fully aware that rather negatively influenced her ability to get home. As she shifted herself up to perch on one of the barstools and asked for a water, she slid her phone up onto the bar.
Eve's disapproving voice was already ringing through her head as she tried to focus her eyes on the phone screen; Sparky knew, full well, the parental speech that would follow if she did indeed call her sister. "Why did you walk? Do you know how irresponsible that is? How did you break your heel? How many-"
"Ugh, Eve, I don't want to hear it," she muttered, despite the fact Eve hadn't said a thing...as Eve hadn't been contacted. She swirled the glass the bartender set in front of her, clinking her ice cubes against the glass, as she irately flipped her phone over onto its screen.

EDIT: And, actually, just because I can.

Eli, meanwhile, had wandered his way to the park a few streets down from the restaurant. He couldn't believe that he'd sabotaged yet another of Eve's dates; guilt flickered at the edges of his thoughts but it wasn't fully formed. He took their promise seriously, whether Eve viewed it the same way he had: promises carried weight to angels, so it had to be worth something to them both.
But if that were true, why in the world was she attempting to find someone not him?
He slipped his phone out of his pocket as he sunk down onto one of the park benches, eyeing the phone number currently on his screen. After a few moments' consideration, he decided to send a short text, wondering if a certain someone happened to know anything about what was going on with her friend.
Icarus? Do you happen to have any idea what Eve is up to tonight? He realized it was unlikely that the girl would know anything about what was currently occurring in the restaurant with some guy who was entirely not supposed to be there, but maybe Eve had decided to update her fellow girl on the happenings of the night. And, whether he should be or not, he was both jealous and concerned.
"Says the master." Dimitri muttered under his breath as she countered his claim, trying to give him hope that he wouldn;t be as bad at eating a bread bowl as he thought. "The condition of winning would be.... whoever can finish first. Neatness can be another bet." he said with the same smirk. Heck he'd be willing to watch the bet just to see who would win. "You would have your bread bowl of soup. And the other person would have the same amount of soup and a piece of bread. Equal amounts, just eaten differently. Who's the fastest?" he explained. "Competition... Hmm... your call. A friend perhaps?" he suggested knowing that he'd probably never be around to know the results. He had to be brutally honest with himself, tonight was probably the first and last time he'd see this girl.

Icarus was well aware of her friend's date tonight. She was well aware of the multiple crash and burns that had been left in the wake recently, none of which had been Eve's fault. Icarus had been there for the before and the aftermath. Boosting Eve's self-confidence and trying to comfort her wake of failed love. Tonight was another first date in a little while. She'd suggested a small break from dating, to try and give Eve time to collect herself and not feel desperate for something to go right. But tonight she was going to be there when Eve was through with the planned date. Whether the night held celebration and stories or more crying and questions she wasn't sure. Tonight did feel different though, and she had hopes that the date would be turn out differently than the previous ones. Right now she was killing time in some stores while also thinking up of things to try and do in case the date went bad. Her attention from a cute little dress hanging on a mannequin was broken by the familiar chime of her phone. Pulling the little contraption out she grinned as a text showed up on the screen. Someone wanted to talk to her! After reading the text she hoped that Eli didn't have any ideas for night activities, Eve was already booked with someone else. [Hi Eli! Eve is out with a date tonight! I have a feeling that it's going to be different this time but I'm heading over to check on her when she's done. I've got time to kill so are you available to meet up? ] she responded. Shopping was entertaining but she enjoyed being with friends instead. Eve, Eli, even Sparky. Thay were her friends. She quickly snapped a photo of the dress she's momentarily been eying deciding to use her window shopping photos as a distraction in case tonight was full of tears.
"Says the master." Dimitri muttered under his breath as she countered his claim, trying to give him hope that he wouldn;t be as bad at eating a bread bowl as he thought. "The condition of winning would be.... whoever can finish first. Neatness can be another bet." he said with the same smirk. Heck he'd be willing to watch the bet just to see who would win. "You would have your bread bowl of soup. And the other person would have the same amount of soup and a piece of bread. Equal amounts, just eaten differently. Who's the fastest?" he explained. "Competition... Hmm... your call. A friend perhaps?" he suggested knowing that he'd probably never be around to know the results. He had to be brutally honest with himself, tonight was probably the first and last time he'd see this girl.

Icarus was well aware of her friend's date tonight. She was well aware of the multiple crash and burns that had been left in the wake recently, none of which had been Eve's fault. Icarus had been there for the before and the aftermath. Boosting Eve's self-confidence and trying to comfort her wake of failed love. Tonight was another first date in a little while. She'd suggested a small break from dating, to try and give Eve time to collect herself and not feel desperate for something to go right. But tonight she was going to be there when Eve was through with the planned date. Whether the night held celebration and stories or more crying and questions she wasn't sure. Tonight did feel different though, and she had hopes that the date would be turn out differently than the previous ones. Right now she was killing time in some stores while also thinking up of things to try and do in case the date went bad. Her attention from a cute little dress hanging on a mannequin was broken by the familiar chime of her phone. Pulling the little contraption out she grinned as a text showed up on the screen. Someone wanted to talk to her! After reading the text she hoped that Eli didn't have any ideas for night activities, Eve was already booked with someone else. [Hi Eli! Eve is out with a date tonight! I have a feeling that it's going to be different this time but I'm heading over to check on her when she's done. I've got time to kill so are you available to meet up? ] she responded. Shopping was entertaining but she enjoyed being with friends instead. Eve, Eli, even Sparky. Thay were her friends. She quickly snapped a photo of the dress she's momentarily been eying deciding to use her window shopping photos as a distraction in case tonight was full of tears.
8d7o509.png
Stupid computer was having issues. I'm happy it at least posted. I didn;t want to have to retype Dimitri's part. T.T Though I'm not sure what I should have Han do. He's basically just sitting there drinking and chilling.

Wait. Your edit. I never saw it. Lemme add to mine.
Stupid computer was having issues. I'm happy it at least posted. I didn;t want to have to retype Dimitri's part. T.T Though I'm not sure what I should have Han do. He's basically just sitting there drinking and chilling.

Wait. Your edit. I never saw it. Lemme add to mine.
8d7o509.png
( That's okay xD I'm glad it at least got through whatever you wanted. I figured Sparky is going to remember she can ask Dimitri for help in her next post, which will kind of round out the "date"; Han doesn't much need to do anything, actually, as Sparky isn't going to interact with him right now. I figure we'll figure out a time skip of some sort after Eve/Sparky get home

And no worries, go for it! )
( That's okay xD I'm glad it at least got through whatever you wanted. I figured Sparky is going to remember she can ask Dimitri for help in her next post, which will kind of round out the "date"; Han doesn't much need to do anything, actually, as Sparky isn't going to interact with him right now. I figure we'll figure out a time skip of some sort after Eve/Sparky get home

And no worries, go for it! )
His muttered comment wasn't loud enough for Eve to hear over the combined sound of silverware clinking against plates and chattering from the tables around them. She quirked an eyebrow at his delineation that the winner would be whoever finished first, rather than whoever finished neater, still rather disarmed by his easy smirk. An echoing smile unfolded across her lips, something she wasn't fully aware of until a few moments later.
The smile hadn't quite faded from her expression as she responded, "And I don't suppose you'd be brave enough to be the competition." She was fully aware that this entire occurrence had been a complete work of chance, and something told her she wouldn't be seeing him again.
Which was...disappointing. He seemed...she couldn't quite put it into words, but he seemed different than others she had gone out with.
Her expression darkened slightly, the smile lessening at the corners, before she admitted, "Well, I may have a few friends I could ask but..." She trailed off, remembering how awkward things tended to be when Eli was involved; when had their friendship gotten so strained? "...one of those isn't the greatest to be around at the moment. The other...uh, doesn't believe in anything remotely gambling. Religious reasons."
That brought the grin back to her face, this time in appreciation of the irony of her statement.

Eli had sprawled out on the park bench by the time his phone chimed, though it seemed the other angel had responded rather quickly. As his eyes scanned the text, he tried not to scoff; of course he knew of the date (he had gone to ruin it as usual but it had somehow not worked, for once?), he was trying to subtly tell if Eve had updated the girl who appeared to be her best friend on the changed situation of the date.
Judging by what Icarus had said, she didn't know anything beyond what Eli did. Actually, Eli knew more, because he knew Eve was on a date with someone not who she was supposed to be out with.
Hasn't she gone through enough failed dates lately? She doesn't listen to us, does she. I'm available, yeah! Where are you, we can meet up? was the message he sent in response before leaning back slightly.

( Aww, even Sparky is a friend? :3 Icarus is so preciously clueless regarding Sparky xD I'm also going to wait a bit to have her text Dimitri, to give Eli and Icarus a chance to meet up )
His muttered comment wasn't loud enough for Eve to hear over the combined sound of silverware clinking against plates and chattering from the tables around them. She quirked an eyebrow at his delineation that the winner would be whoever finished first, rather than whoever finished neater, still rather disarmed by his easy smirk. An echoing smile unfolded across her lips, something she wasn't fully aware of until a few moments later.
The smile hadn't quite faded from her expression as she responded, "And I don't suppose you'd be brave enough to be the competition." She was fully aware that this entire occurrence had been a complete work of chance, and something told her she wouldn't be seeing him again.
Which was...disappointing. He seemed...she couldn't quite put it into words, but he seemed different than others she had gone out with.
Her expression darkened slightly, the smile lessening at the corners, before she admitted, "Well, I may have a few friends I could ask but..." She trailed off, remembering how awkward things tended to be when Eli was involved; when had their friendship gotten so strained? "...one of those isn't the greatest to be around at the moment. The other...uh, doesn't believe in anything remotely gambling. Religious reasons."
That brought the grin back to her face, this time in appreciation of the irony of her statement.

Eli had sprawled out on the park bench by the time his phone chimed, though it seemed the other angel had responded rather quickly. As his eyes scanned the text, he tried not to scoff; of course he knew of the date (he had gone to ruin it as usual but it had somehow not worked, for once?), he was trying to subtly tell if Eve had updated the girl who appeared to be her best friend on the changed situation of the date.
Judging by what Icarus had said, she didn't know anything beyond what Eli did. Actually, Eli knew more, because he knew Eve was on a date with someone not who she was supposed to be out with.
Hasn't she gone through enough failed dates lately? She doesn't listen to us, does she. I'm available, yeah! Where are you, we can meet up? was the message he sent in response before leaning back slightly.

( Aww, even Sparky is a friend? :3 Icarus is so preciously clueless regarding Sparky xD I'm also going to wait a bit to have her text Dimitri, to give Eli and Icarus a chance to meet up )
Dimitri noticed the smile that snuck its way on her lips, glad that he'd been able to cheer her up. Her challenging words was enough to throw him for a loop, the words enough of a reason to see her again. He didn;t notice the feeling that came with the realization. She was actually enjoyable to be around, granted that could change depending on the setting. But perhaps it was time that he started making a new friend or two. They wouldn't be around for long thanks to him being fallen but it would give him enough of an excuse to try out a normal life for once. His surprise never showed though, but his easy smirk casually switched into a sly grin. "State the time and place and I'll be there." he said teasingly. As she went on to explain her friends he couldn't help but wonder why people like that existed. No gambling? C'mon. Your whole life was a gamble. "Loser pays for milkshakes." he added momentarily.

Icarus kept her phone out and in hand since he was the first to text she figured he'd be quick to respond and thankfully she was right. [ Failure is just one step closer to success. Besides she has hope and there's no reason to try and take that away from her. ] she typed, always wanting to see her friends in good moods. Yes, life threw curve balls from time to time, and for Eve this just seemed like a dark tunnel that would eventually have an end. Having hope is better than no hope at all, that was what Icarus believed. [ I'm downtown, window shopping. If you're nearby we could meet somewhere in the middle. ] she suggested before sending the text.
Dimitri noticed the smile that snuck its way on her lips, glad that he'd been able to cheer her up. Her challenging words was enough to throw him for a loop, the words enough of a reason to see her again. He didn;t notice the feeling that came with the realization. She was actually enjoyable to be around, granted that could change depending on the setting. But perhaps it was time that he started making a new friend or two. They wouldn't be around for long thanks to him being fallen but it would give him enough of an excuse to try out a normal life for once. His surprise never showed though, but his easy smirk casually switched into a sly grin. "State the time and place and I'll be there." he said teasingly. As she went on to explain her friends he couldn't help but wonder why people like that existed. No gambling? C'mon. Your whole life was a gamble. "Loser pays for milkshakes." he added momentarily.

Icarus kept her phone out and in hand since he was the first to text she figured he'd be quick to respond and thankfully she was right. [ Failure is just one step closer to success. Besides she has hope and there's no reason to try and take that away from her. ] she typed, always wanting to see her friends in good moods. Yes, life threw curve balls from time to time, and for Eve this just seemed like a dark tunnel that would eventually have an end. Having hope is better than no hope at all, that was what Icarus believed. [ I'm downtown, window shopping. If you're nearby we could meet somewhere in the middle. ] she suggested before sending the text.
8d7o509.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13