Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Opposites Attract [PRPG]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13
Dimitri adjusted his position slightly once the waiter returned, this time with their food. About time. He was hungry and the evening was slowly progressing. As the waiter arranged their dinner and drinks he took that moment to check his steak, to ensure it got cooked to his request. Cutting far enough in to check the meat he found that they had at least cooked it correctly. He always hated sending steak back to be fixed. He glanced back up, taking Eve's silence as a no, before offering his own words. "I think we're okay. Thank you." he said, ready to chow down after the long day of traveling.

He waited for the waiter to collect his things before stealing a bite of his salad. He was working on that single bite before he realized the possibility of her being religious. Hoping he hadn't scared off her ritual or whatever she did.... if she even was religious. Personally he...wasn't. It was a complicated thing though. He knew that a higher being existed but he also refused to turn to him for any reason. After all, he was the reason he was currently in his present state. But he couldn't just ignore the supreme being either. Therefore he understood his existence but refused to talk to him.
Dimitri adjusted his position slightly once the waiter returned, this time with their food. About time. He was hungry and the evening was slowly progressing. As the waiter arranged their dinner and drinks he took that moment to check his steak, to ensure it got cooked to his request. Cutting far enough in to check the meat he found that they had at least cooked it correctly. He always hated sending steak back to be fixed. He glanced back up, taking Eve's silence as a no, before offering his own words. "I think we're okay. Thank you." he said, ready to chow down after the long day of traveling.

He waited for the waiter to collect his things before stealing a bite of his salad. He was working on that single bite before he realized the possibility of her being religious. Hoping he hadn't scared off her ritual or whatever she did.... if she even was religious. Personally he...wasn't. It was a complicated thing though. He knew that a higher being existed but he also refused to turn to him for any reason. After all, he was the reason he was currently in his present state. But he couldn't just ignore the supreme being either. Therefore he understood his existence but refused to talk to him.
8d7o509.png
Eve didn't quite have to check her food the way that he did; she hadn't ordered anything that had to be cooked a certain way. She did, however, ensure the soup was hot enough (and boy, did she like her soup hot) before proceeding to begin to pull apart the small piece of bread that had been cut out of the round loaf to make it into a bowl. Okay, so maybe eating something this messy in front of anyone was a bad idea, but it was her favorite. If he wanted to judge her for making a mess, that was his business.
Eli, actually, often somewhat poked fun at her eating habits when it came to the soup bowls, the way she tore up the removed piece before eating it and ate the bowl from the top down so strategically. His mocking of little habits like that was part of the reason she couldn't be in love with him.
She noticed his slight pause after he took a bite of his salad, his chewing noticeably slowing for a few moments. What-oh. Did he expect her to do some kind of grace thing? Angel or not, she actually wasn't much about that, which she supposed was a bad thing; her parents were often annoyed that she wouldn't do it unless prompted. She let that moment pass without a comment, instead asking, "How exactly do you intend to specifically mention me if you don't know my name?"

Sparky, meanwhile, had known full well that cheating these men out of their money had been a bad idea. Tricking one or two at a time was child's play, she could do it in her sleep, but a group...? Her intentions were soon clear, and they weren't too amused by the fact this pretty slip of a woman had been both able and willing to steal their money.
"Wait, wait." Sparky said, her back pressed to the cold brick of the backside of the bar. They'd less-than-nicely dragged her out of the building, though no one had batted an eye; she'd...actually preferred it that way. "Isn't this a little extreme over a hundred bucks, guys? It's not my fault you all are so terrible at the game-"
"We've had enough of that mouth," the brunet one snapped, before making the worst mistake he could have. He smacked Sparky clean across her face, her head whipping to the left in recoil; her eyes notably darkened and sparked. She might have been willing to had the money back over, but not after that.
"You shouldn't have done that." They were alone in the back alley, this idiot and his three closest friends, which meant-
She dropped her glamour, her wings becoming visible; slamming her elbows into the center of the chest of the man that'd hit her to get some room, she unfurled them and thrust them forward, creating a strong enough breeze to knock every one of them on their backs away from her. If they thought terrorizing women in dark alleys was a good idea, she was about to show them that was entirely the wrong idea.

( YES. Sparky gets super mad when anyone hurts her. She'll beat some sense into this lot and twist their memories to make sure they can't remember what happened. I feel like this is actually something angels would do, but opposite; twist people's memories away from the bad/blurring the bad and emphasizing the good. She'd do something like that, but make them think they'd gotten into some drunk fight or another.

Also, Eli is at Sparky's apartment, waiting for Eve to get back. Because that's not creepy at all lol )
Eve didn't quite have to check her food the way that he did; she hadn't ordered anything that had to be cooked a certain way. She did, however, ensure the soup was hot enough (and boy, did she like her soup hot) before proceeding to begin to pull apart the small piece of bread that had been cut out of the round loaf to make it into a bowl. Okay, so maybe eating something this messy in front of anyone was a bad idea, but it was her favorite. If he wanted to judge her for making a mess, that was his business.
Eli, actually, often somewhat poked fun at her eating habits when it came to the soup bowls, the way she tore up the removed piece before eating it and ate the bowl from the top down so strategically. His mocking of little habits like that was part of the reason she couldn't be in love with him.
She noticed his slight pause after he took a bite of his salad, his chewing noticeably slowing for a few moments. What-oh. Did he expect her to do some kind of grace thing? Angel or not, she actually wasn't much about that, which she supposed was a bad thing; her parents were often annoyed that she wouldn't do it unless prompted. She let that moment pass without a comment, instead asking, "How exactly do you intend to specifically mention me if you don't know my name?"

Sparky, meanwhile, had known full well that cheating these men out of their money had been a bad idea. Tricking one or two at a time was child's play, she could do it in her sleep, but a group...? Her intentions were soon clear, and they weren't too amused by the fact this pretty slip of a woman had been both able and willing to steal their money.
"Wait, wait." Sparky said, her back pressed to the cold brick of the backside of the bar. They'd less-than-nicely dragged her out of the building, though no one had batted an eye; she'd...actually preferred it that way. "Isn't this a little extreme over a hundred bucks, guys? It's not my fault you all are so terrible at the game-"
"We've had enough of that mouth," the brunet one snapped, before making the worst mistake he could have. He smacked Sparky clean across her face, her head whipping to the left in recoil; her eyes notably darkened and sparked. She might have been willing to had the money back over, but not after that.
"You shouldn't have done that." They were alone in the back alley, this idiot and his three closest friends, which meant-
She dropped her glamour, her wings becoming visible; slamming her elbows into the center of the chest of the man that'd hit her to get some room, she unfurled them and thrust them forward, creating a strong enough breeze to knock every one of them on their backs away from her. If they thought terrorizing women in dark alleys was a good idea, she was about to show them that was entirely the wrong idea.

( YES. Sparky gets super mad when anyone hurts her. She'll beat some sense into this lot and twist their memories to make sure they can't remember what happened. I feel like this is actually something angels would do, but opposite; twist people's memories away from the bad/blurring the bad and emphasizing the good. She'd do something like that, but make them think they'd gotten into some drunk fight or another.

Also, Eli is at Sparky's apartment, waiting for Eve to get back. Because that's not creepy at all lol )
aaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa49763919121_34ac4bea71_m.jpg
( I'm so sorry for my silence. School is winding down so I'm sure you're busy too. But I have time to respond so I'll try to give you something for once. I'll be available more often once next week is over. Also, should Han maybe happen upon Sparky beating his men's senseless? XD )
( I'm so sorry for my silence. School is winding down so I'm sure you're busy too. But I have time to respond so I'll try to give you something for once. I'll be available more often once next week is over. Also, should Han maybe happen upon Sparky beating his men's senseless? XD )
8d7o509.png
Dimitri finished his bite of salad, their gazes meeting briefly and he could tell in that second that even if she had wanted to say grace or whatever he'd already chased it away. He was so accustomed to being alone that he forgot about the weird habits that humans did. Thankfully she decided to not comment about, switching th topic back to something related to their interrupted conversation. "Well... if the shake isn't on their menu I'm sure there's only a handful of poeple who know about its existance. Unless you're like, in some secret Strawberry milkshake club. I'll just explain that the weird milkshake lady sent me. And that I would, in fact, like to have a Strawberry milkshake. Because the milkshake lady sent me." he said, his tone sounding serious but still with a hint of teasing humor. "I'm sure they'll understand." he said, confident in his words. There were multiple ways to describe a person, but he regradless he'd be trying a strawberry milkshake at some point before he left again. While he spoke he also watched her process of eating since it looked odd at first. She didn't have to continue for long until he figured out where she was going with using the bread as an edible bowl. It was a genious idea, honestly. He prefered to just dip his bread in the soup but it all tasted the same regardless. He continued to work on his salad, making sure not to eat and talk at the same time. He knew his manners despite his smaller social circle.
Dimitri finished his bite of salad, their gazes meeting briefly and he could tell in that second that even if she had wanted to say grace or whatever he'd already chased it away. He was so accustomed to being alone that he forgot about the weird habits that humans did. Thankfully she decided to not comment about, switching th topic back to something related to their interrupted conversation. "Well... if the shake isn't on their menu I'm sure there's only a handful of poeple who know about its existance. Unless you're like, in some secret Strawberry milkshake club. I'll just explain that the weird milkshake lady sent me. And that I would, in fact, like to have a Strawberry milkshake. Because the milkshake lady sent me." he said, his tone sounding serious but still with a hint of teasing humor. "I'm sure they'll understand." he said, confident in his words. There were multiple ways to describe a person, but he regradless he'd be trying a strawberry milkshake at some point before he left again. While he spoke he also watched her process of eating since it looked odd at first. She didn't have to continue for long until he figured out where she was going with using the bread as an edible bowl. It was a genious idea, honestly. He prefered to just dip his bread in the soup but it all tasted the same regardless. He continued to work on his salad, making sure not to eat and talk at the same time. He knew his manners despite his smaller social circle.
8d7o509.png
( It's okay! I should be a lot more focused on my homework, but I'm currently exhausted and avoiding responsibility by being on here xD That's completely fine! I figured you'd let me know if you'd changed your mind on writing this, so since I hadn't heard anything, I assumed you were busy :3 Oh were those his men? Oops lol I'm fine with them being his men, I just hadn't thought about if they were. He can show up if you'd like :D )

One corner of Eve's mouth tilted up in a partial smile at the thought of a secret strawberry milkshake club, in addition to the slight hint of teasing to his voice. In a weird way, it felt familiar. Comfortable. Something like what she and Eli had had before that promise and all of the strains it'd put on their relationship, something like she'd had with her own sister before she'd fallen.
It felt safe, which seemed like such an odd concept to apply to someone who somewhat looked like he was the exact opposite.
"Well, maybe I am part of a secret strawberry milkshake club, though that seems rather exclusionary to other milkshake flavors. We're more of a secret milkshake society, complete with a handshake and everything." At that point she couldn't help it, pausing in her dismantling and eating of her bread bowl to instead laugh. What an odd feeling it was to laugh like that, to find something genuinely entertaining enough that it pulled one of her dimple-inducing smiles out of her.
She noted the careful way he made sure not to talk and eat at the same time, which wasn't always something humans excelled at. Her own sister rather failed at that on occasion. Goodness knew the person she'd intended to meet here must not have been much in the manner department, as he'd left her hanging without a single word or explanation.
"Can I ask you something?" Eve finally said, her eyes on her soup bowl as she methodically pulled off a strip of sourdough along the upper edge.

Over the course of the next five minutes, Sparky baited the men into attempting to strike her and used her superior reflexes to dodge so they hit each other instead. They were at least smart enough to realize that, perhaps, tag-teaming her might work, though they were a touch too drunk to really coordinate her attacks and take advantage of their numbers they had on her. Four on one? Men on a woman? Come on, Sparky couldn't have given them better odds if she'd tried!
But alas, the brunet one dropped to his knees; his three friends were scattered around him in varying states of pain and disarray, while he himself was glaring up at Sparky. Surprisingly, her having wings plastered to her back hadn't been a deterrent, a sign that maybe they shouldn't mess with whoever this girl happened to be. He didn't look afraid, as much as he looked supremely furious.
His awful spitting sound echoed down the alleyway as he spit out blood. His tall blonde friend had socked him square in the mouth previously when aiming for Sparky. "What are you?" he then muttered, the growing moonlight glinting off of his dark-stained teeth.
"...the girl who just took your money and kicked your guys'-well, you know." Sparky gave an angelic smile, effortlessly re-glamouring her wings to once again hide them from sight. She crouched down to be eye-level with him, the one who had started the entire fight. He continued to angrily glare at her, and she could already tell what he was about to do; she stood back upright just as he went to spit again, so the half-blood substance instead landed on her jeans.
"Excuse you!" she snapped, bringing her knee back and thrusting it forward into his nose, the only real strike she'd taken the entire fight. He dropped backward, splaying out on the sidewalk in a position remarkably similar to his useless friends. "I paid a lot of money for these jeans, show some respect." Nevermind kneeing him straight to the nose had undoubtedly gotten even more bodily fluids on them. She then poked the toe of her black stiletto into his side, rousing him just to snarl, "Bring more men next time," down at him.
( It's okay! I should be a lot more focused on my homework, but I'm currently exhausted and avoiding responsibility by being on here xD That's completely fine! I figured you'd let me know if you'd changed your mind on writing this, so since I hadn't heard anything, I assumed you were busy :3 Oh were those his men? Oops lol I'm fine with them being his men, I just hadn't thought about if they were. He can show up if you'd like :D )

One corner of Eve's mouth tilted up in a partial smile at the thought of a secret strawberry milkshake club, in addition to the slight hint of teasing to his voice. In a weird way, it felt familiar. Comfortable. Something like what she and Eli had had before that promise and all of the strains it'd put on their relationship, something like she'd had with her own sister before she'd fallen.
It felt safe, which seemed like such an odd concept to apply to someone who somewhat looked like he was the exact opposite.
"Well, maybe I am part of a secret strawberry milkshake club, though that seems rather exclusionary to other milkshake flavors. We're more of a secret milkshake society, complete with a handshake and everything." At that point she couldn't help it, pausing in her dismantling and eating of her bread bowl to instead laugh. What an odd feeling it was to laugh like that, to find something genuinely entertaining enough that it pulled one of her dimple-inducing smiles out of her.
She noted the careful way he made sure not to talk and eat at the same time, which wasn't always something humans excelled at. Her own sister rather failed at that on occasion. Goodness knew the person she'd intended to meet here must not have been much in the manner department, as he'd left her hanging without a single word or explanation.
"Can I ask you something?" Eve finally said, her eyes on her soup bowl as she methodically pulled off a strip of sourdough along the upper edge.

Over the course of the next five minutes, Sparky baited the men into attempting to strike her and used her superior reflexes to dodge so they hit each other instead. They were at least smart enough to realize that, perhaps, tag-teaming her might work, though they were a touch too drunk to really coordinate her attacks and take advantage of their numbers they had on her. Four on one? Men on a woman? Come on, Sparky couldn't have given them better odds if she'd tried!
But alas, the brunet one dropped to his knees; his three friends were scattered around him in varying states of pain and disarray, while he himself was glaring up at Sparky. Surprisingly, her having wings plastered to her back hadn't been a deterrent, a sign that maybe they shouldn't mess with whoever this girl happened to be. He didn't look afraid, as much as he looked supremely furious.
His awful spitting sound echoed down the alleyway as he spit out blood. His tall blonde friend had socked him square in the mouth previously when aiming for Sparky. "What are you?" he then muttered, the growing moonlight glinting off of his dark-stained teeth.
"...the girl who just took your money and kicked your guys'-well, you know." Sparky gave an angelic smile, effortlessly re-glamouring her wings to once again hide them from sight. She crouched down to be eye-level with him, the one who had started the entire fight. He continued to angrily glare at her, and she could already tell what he was about to do; she stood back upright just as he went to spit again, so the half-blood substance instead landed on her jeans.
"Excuse you!" she snapped, bringing her knee back and thrusting it forward into his nose, the only real strike she'd taken the entire fight. He dropped backward, splaying out on the sidewalk in a position remarkably similar to his useless friends. "I paid a lot of money for these jeans, show some respect." Nevermind kneeing him straight to the nose had undoubtedly gotten even more bodily fluids on them. She then poked the toe of her black stiletto into his side, rousing him just to snarl, "Bring more men next time," down at him.
( Super bored in class right now. Got ahead of the lecture and finished reading the chapter. I might be able to post but I might only be able to handle a response for Dimitri. It's annoying enough to type on the phone as is. But I'll definitely respond with Han when I get home and have my laptop )
( Super bored in class right now. Got ahead of the lecture and finished reading the chapter. I might be able to post but I might only be able to handle a response for Dimitri. It's annoying enough to type on the phone as is. But I'll definitely respond with Han when I get home and have my laptop )
8d7o509.png
( It's totally okay! If it's too much, don't worry about waiting until you get home ^-^ I'm patient ;3 I hope class goes well though! )
( It's totally okay! If it's too much, don't worry about waiting until you get home ^-^ I'm patient ;3 I hope class goes well though! )
Dimitri smirked at the laugh he was able to coax out of her. It hadn't been his intentions since he didn't consider himself funny, but in rare cases he was able to make someone laugh and those were the best to hear. An eyebrow arched at her confession to a milkshake club, as if surprised that that a thing existed. "Well then Mrs. President. What are the requirements to become a member?" He asked with the same serious but teasing manner. "Are there milkshake drinking contests every month or something?" He continued, playing with the idea a while longer. He managed to finish off his salad in between the talking. The day had spent solely flying from his last client to here. The distance he had to travel had become something his wings and stamina had become accustomed to but he was always drained afterwards. Food is what he needed and a little bit of chatter wouldn't slow him down. When she asked about asking a question he allowed his gaze to flicker up from the now empty salad bowl. "You just did." He said with the straightest face. He knew she meant a different question and was trying to be polite but he had the opportunity and he took it. Taking a drink of his water he let his features once again settle back into a teasing manner, showing that it was a joke. "Shoot." He said, not sure what kind of question she had but it was probably something harmless and something he could easily answer.
Dimitri smirked at the laugh he was able to coax out of her. It hadn't been his intentions since he didn't consider himself funny, but in rare cases he was able to make someone laugh and those were the best to hear. An eyebrow arched at her confession to a milkshake club, as if surprised that that a thing existed. "Well then Mrs. President. What are the requirements to become a member?" He asked with the same serious but teasing manner. "Are there milkshake drinking contests every month or something?" He continued, playing with the idea a while longer. He managed to finish off his salad in between the talking. The day had spent solely flying from his last client to here. The distance he had to travel had become something his wings and stamina had become accustomed to but he was always drained afterwards. Food is what he needed and a little bit of chatter wouldn't slow him down. When she asked about asking a question he allowed his gaze to flicker up from the now empty salad bowl. "You just did." He said with the straightest face. He knew she meant a different question and was trying to be polite but he had the opportunity and he took it. Taking a drink of his water he let his features once again settle back into a teasing manner, showing that it was a joke. "Shoot." He said, not sure what kind of question she had but it was probably something harmless and something he could easily answer.
8d7o509.png
( WAIT DID WE DECIDE. Do Dimitri and Sparky already know one another?? I'm also wondering what kind of job Eve would have/where she's actually from o.o I mean, she's an angel, right? But what does that really entail for her lol )
( WAIT DID WE DECIDE. Do Dimitri and Sparky already know one another?? I'm also wondering what kind of job Eve would have/where she's actually from o.o I mean, she's an angel, right? But what does that really entail for her lol )
( Let's have Dimitri and Sparky know each other. He knows her as Sparky and she knows him as Grave. She knows his real name but they hardly ever use it that she's either forgotten it or doesn't care about it maybe. Han doesn't know Sparky but he knows Dimitri/Grave. And I dunno what eve should do. I'm considering having Icarus run a flower shop, so that's an option but idk. Whatever works best for her personality )
( Let's have Dimitri and Sparky know each other. He knows her as Sparky and she knows him as Grave. She knows his real name but they hardly ever use it that she's either forgotten it or doesn't care about it maybe. Han doesn't know Sparky but he knows Dimitri/Grave. And I dunno what eve should do. I'm considering having Icarus run a flower shop, so that's an option but idk. Whatever works best for her personality )
8d7o509.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13