Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Opposites Attract [PRPG]
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13
( No worries! I figured you'd pop back up eventually ^-^ )
( No worries! I figured you'd pop back up eventually ^-^ )
aaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa49763919121_34ac4bea71_m.jpg
Dimitri allowed his gaze to briefly roam around them, taking in the people seated at the surrounding tables and the movement of the servers as they balanced trays of food to be delivered. His attention returned to the table he was sitting at just as Eve finished ordering. He offered a friendly grin to the waiter before placing his own order. "I'd like to try tonight's special. Medium-rare on the steak please. For the two sides, I'd like to have the baked potato and the Ceaser salad. And just a glass of water to drink." he said, watching the pen scribble down his request alongside Eve's. After giving the menus to the waiter he relaxed once again, gaze shifting to the lady sitting across from him. "Have you been here before?" he asked, simply out of curiosity. Maybe he could get some recommendations on the dishes for when he came back another time. While waiting for a response he took the napkin with the silverware and unfolded the decoration, laying out the eating utensils and spreading the napkin on his lap.
Dimitri allowed his gaze to briefly roam around them, taking in the people seated at the surrounding tables and the movement of the servers as they balanced trays of food to be delivered. His attention returned to the table he was sitting at just as Eve finished ordering. He offered a friendly grin to the waiter before placing his own order. "I'd like to try tonight's special. Medium-rare on the steak please. For the two sides, I'd like to have the baked potato and the Ceaser salad. And just a glass of water to drink." he said, watching the pen scribble down his request alongside Eve's. After giving the menus to the waiter he relaxed once again, gaze shifting to the lady sitting across from him. "Have you been here before?" he asked, simply out of curiosity. Maybe he could get some recommendations on the dishes for when he came back another time. While waiting for a response he took the napkin with the silverware and unfolded the decoration, laying out the eating utensils and spreading the napkin on his lap.
8d7o509.png
Eve automatically reached to push her bangs back out of her face despite the fact they hadn't moved since she'd sat down; she'd stolen some of Sparky's hairspray, which cemented her hair in place in a way she was entirely not used to. She then proceeded to flush slightly pink, realizing she'd already been about to do her typical nervous tic, but attempted to meet his eyes without being completely...weird.
The whole situation was weird.
"I haven't," she admitted, with a slight shake of her head. "I'm not actually from around here, I'm...from a bit up north." The tongue-in-cheek joke about being an angel caused one corner of her mouth to quirk up; at least she found herself amusing. "But my sister lives here, so I come through every now and then. This place wasn't here last time but I saw it on the way to her apartment a few days ago." Her, of course, meaning her sister's. "So when Nathan-"
Her voice unintentionally cuts out after the name, pausing at the familiar sting of rejection. She quickly covered it with an awkward cough before sweeping on: "I mentioned that I wanted to try it. So here I am. Have you been here before?" she asked, turning the question back on him.
Eve automatically reached to push her bangs back out of her face despite the fact they hadn't moved since she'd sat down; she'd stolen some of Sparky's hairspray, which cemented her hair in place in a way she was entirely not used to. She then proceeded to flush slightly pink, realizing she'd already been about to do her typical nervous tic, but attempted to meet his eyes without being completely...weird.
The whole situation was weird.
"I haven't," she admitted, with a slight shake of her head. "I'm not actually from around here, I'm...from a bit up north." The tongue-in-cheek joke about being an angel caused one corner of her mouth to quirk up; at least she found herself amusing. "But my sister lives here, so I come through every now and then. This place wasn't here last time but I saw it on the way to her apartment a few days ago." Her, of course, meaning her sister's. "So when Nathan-"
Her voice unintentionally cuts out after the name, pausing at the familiar sting of rejection. She quickly covered it with an awkward cough before sweeping on: "I mentioned that I wanted to try it. So here I am. Have you been here before?" she asked, turning the question back on him.
Dimitri patiently listened, keeping his position relaxed while she talked. To him personally, her story didn't add up. If she lived up north and occasionally visited her sister, why was she dating anyone down here? The only logical reason behind that was that perhaps her sister was trying to set her up on some dates to find 'the perfect man'. Humans. He almost rolled his eyes at the thought but quickly refrained. "Nope. First time as well. Just got back into town to be honest. I was just looking to try someplace new and this looked like a swell place. I don't know how long you plan on visiting but I'd recommend trying Ace's Coffee Shop. It's a little place, easy to miss, but they have the best coffee in town. Besides mine." he said, the last sentence teasing but in all seriousness it was true. But she'd never know; he doubted they would ever cross paths after this dinner. "Have you tried that coffee shop on the corner of main?" he asked, thinking about trying there next time he felt like it.
Dimitri patiently listened, keeping his position relaxed while she talked. To him personally, her story didn't add up. If she lived up north and occasionally visited her sister, why was she dating anyone down here? The only logical reason behind that was that perhaps her sister was trying to set her up on some dates to find 'the perfect man'. Humans. He almost rolled his eyes at the thought but quickly refrained. "Nope. First time as well. Just got back into town to be honest. I was just looking to try someplace new and this looked like a swell place. I don't know how long you plan on visiting but I'd recommend trying Ace's Coffee Shop. It's a little place, easy to miss, but they have the best coffee in town. Besides mine." he said, the last sentence teasing but in all seriousness it was true. But she'd never know; he doubted they would ever cross paths after this dinner. "Have you tried that coffee shop on the corner of main?" he asked, thinking about trying there next time he felt like it.
8d7o509.png
( Oh Dimitri, BECAUSE SHE COMES THROUGH ALL THE TIME AND ANGELS SUCK lol )

"So you're from here, though," Eve said in response to his saying he'd just gotten back. She almost wanted to ask what he'd been out of town doing or what he even did here in town, but something rather warned her off of the question. Which was odd, because overall he gave her the impression of someone she could easily talk to.
"I'm actually planning to stay for at least a few weeks this time; my parents and I had quite the spat, so I came down here to...well, hide." She shrugged. Yes she'd admitted to still living at home. But that wasn't all that uncommon among angels. And no need to explain why she and her parents had gotten into it- "My sister is something of the wild child, so they've saddled me with all of their hopes and dreams for a normal family. Meaning they've been trying to push me toward one of my best friends. Use your imagination, it'll be spot on." Does that term even suit Eli anymore?
"They don't particularly approve of my spending time with my sister either, they say she's a bad influence"-well, she DID fall -"but I always say she's the only one I can actually be myself around rather than this golden pedestal child they like to proclaim me to be." She paused, realizing that had gone wildly off track. What had even made her say those things? Things she hadn't even told Sparky?
"Sorry about that," she mumbled awkwardly, shifting in a way that usually allowed her to hide behind her hair. Which didn't work, as her hair was up. She gave a smile in reference to the coffee place he mentioned. "My sister swears by Ace's coffee. Makes me go at least once every time I'm here, despite me not being much for coffee. If that was you trying to impress me with your coffee prowess, a-plus for effort, but wrong person." She laughed at the end of that, to make sure he would know she was gently teasing him.
"Maine Street Cafe is actually the one I prefer," Eve answered, more than a little surprised he'd mentioned it. "It's quieter, and they offer a lot of other drinks besides coffee. This will sound weird, but they'll make me strawberry milkshakes even though they're not on the menu. And they're the best ones I've ever had. Maybe, if that's your kind of thing, mention that the weird milkshake girl sent you and they'll let you try one."

EDIT: ( And holy cheese this got longer than I expected!!! I had an Eve moment, where I just started talking and didn't know where it was going until it was over XD )
( Oh Dimitri, BECAUSE SHE COMES THROUGH ALL THE TIME AND ANGELS SUCK lol )

"So you're from here, though," Eve said in response to his saying he'd just gotten back. She almost wanted to ask what he'd been out of town doing or what he even did here in town, but something rather warned her off of the question. Which was odd, because overall he gave her the impression of someone she could easily talk to.
"I'm actually planning to stay for at least a few weeks this time; my parents and I had quite the spat, so I came down here to...well, hide." She shrugged. Yes she'd admitted to still living at home. But that wasn't all that uncommon among angels. And no need to explain why she and her parents had gotten into it- "My sister is something of the wild child, so they've saddled me with all of their hopes and dreams for a normal family. Meaning they've been trying to push me toward one of my best friends. Use your imagination, it'll be spot on." Does that term even suit Eli anymore?
"They don't particularly approve of my spending time with my sister either, they say she's a bad influence"-well, she DID fall -"but I always say she's the only one I can actually be myself around rather than this golden pedestal child they like to proclaim me to be." She paused, realizing that had gone wildly off track. What had even made her say those things? Things she hadn't even told Sparky?
"Sorry about that," she mumbled awkwardly, shifting in a way that usually allowed her to hide behind her hair. Which didn't work, as her hair was up. She gave a smile in reference to the coffee place he mentioned. "My sister swears by Ace's coffee. Makes me go at least once every time I'm here, despite me not being much for coffee. If that was you trying to impress me with your coffee prowess, a-plus for effort, but wrong person." She laughed at the end of that, to make sure he would know she was gently teasing him.
"Maine Street Cafe is actually the one I prefer," Eve answered, more than a little surprised he'd mentioned it. "It's quieter, and they offer a lot of other drinks besides coffee. This will sound weird, but they'll make me strawberry milkshakes even though they're not on the menu. And they're the best ones I've ever had. Maybe, if that's your kind of thing, mention that the weird milkshake girl sent you and they'll let you try one."

EDIT: ( And holy cheese this got longer than I expected!!! I had an Eve moment, where I just started talking and didn't know where it was going until it was over XD )
Grave shrugged at her assumption. "Ehh. My homeland is Russia. I own various places in certain locations. One of those places happens to be here. Traveling personal trainer. I've got client all around, makes for interesting travel. I got for about a week or two to help them train, give them a schedule to stick to and head on to the next one. Occasionally I'll take up an odd job or two if I'm bored or need a little extra cash." he explained, the occupation was a simple one. But he gave him the leisure to travel and have the excuse to be wherever he was at the time. Mainly he just couldn't stay in one place for long. He got restless easily, plus the fact that if you stayed anywhere for too long you were liable to be found out sooner. People started to remember you, you made friends, friends talked. He didn't need any angels knocking on his door wanting to continue the lesson that was ruling his life. And he really did train a few private customers. He gave him the reason to talk and interact, and also helped him to stay in shape, even though he had a personal setup in every place he owned. "Ah, parents. They're always pointing out your good deeds or throwing your mistakes in your face. Hopefully time away does help for you then." he said, lightly discussing the subject. It wasn't his personal business; everyone had some sort of problem and he couldn't fix them all. He quietly listened as she explained that Ace's wasn't for her and gave the shop on Main a higher regard. It was understandable, not everyone liked the same things. "I'll have to try this shake then." he said before giving a sly smirk, "And I'll definitely be sure to tell them that the weird milkshake girl sent me."
Grave shrugged at her assumption. "Ehh. My homeland is Russia. I own various places in certain locations. One of those places happens to be here. Traveling personal trainer. I've got client all around, makes for interesting travel. I got for about a week or two to help them train, give them a schedule to stick to and head on to the next one. Occasionally I'll take up an odd job or two if I'm bored or need a little extra cash." he explained, the occupation was a simple one. But he gave him the leisure to travel and have the excuse to be wherever he was at the time. Mainly he just couldn't stay in one place for long. He got restless easily, plus the fact that if you stayed anywhere for too long you were liable to be found out sooner. People started to remember you, you made friends, friends talked. He didn't need any angels knocking on his door wanting to continue the lesson that was ruling his life. And he really did train a few private customers. He gave him the reason to talk and interact, and also helped him to stay in shape, even though he had a personal setup in every place he owned. "Ah, parents. They're always pointing out your good deeds or throwing your mistakes in your face. Hopefully time away does help for you then." he said, lightly discussing the subject. It wasn't his personal business; everyone had some sort of problem and he couldn't fix them all. He quietly listened as she explained that Ace's wasn't for her and gave the shop on Main a higher regard. It was understandable, not everyone liked the same things. "I'll have to try this shake then." he said before giving a sly smirk, "And I'll definitely be sure to tell them that the weird milkshake girl sent me."
8d7o509.png
Russia. Russia? She guessed she should have guessed, between his name and the slight accent she could hear in some of his pronounciations. She somewhat looked on as he answered the questions she hadn't asked, explaining what he did and how often he moved around. She both could and couldn't believe he was a personal trainer; it wasn't that common of a profession, but he did seem to be in good shape so it would suit him physically.
Whether it suited him mentally or personality-wise, she couldn't say.
It was his open honesty that got her. Something in the way he talked...she could tell he was telling the truth. That was an unfamiliar sensation, almost being able to feel the truth in his words.
Funny, you'd think an angel would be a lot more used to honesty.
"Traveling is nice," Eve conceded, when he paused long enough for her to comment. Really, what she meant was being amongst people who didn't treat you with a holier-than-thou attitude, not that there weren't humans who had that attitude. There were, and she knew how to generally spot those people and avoid them. And there were just some beautiful places to visit down here. She shrugged off the comment in regards to her parents, not much wanting to think about it.
Eve offered a partial smile at his statement about trying the shake, which widened in response to his smirk. That same smirk that had surfaced when she'd called him by that pet name. "I hope my reputation precedes me and they know who you mean," she said. "And maybe I'll have to actually give in and try a coffee at Ace's, even though I now know it's second-best to yours."

( EDIT: I messed up sentence order in a part aha )
Russia. Russia? She guessed she should have guessed, between his name and the slight accent she could hear in some of his pronounciations. She somewhat looked on as he answered the questions she hadn't asked, explaining what he did and how often he moved around. She both could and couldn't believe he was a personal trainer; it wasn't that common of a profession, but he did seem to be in good shape so it would suit him physically.
Whether it suited him mentally or personality-wise, she couldn't say.
It was his open honesty that got her. Something in the way he talked...she could tell he was telling the truth. That was an unfamiliar sensation, almost being able to feel the truth in his words.
Funny, you'd think an angel would be a lot more used to honesty.
"Traveling is nice," Eve conceded, when he paused long enough for her to comment. Really, what she meant was being amongst people who didn't treat you with a holier-than-thou attitude, not that there weren't humans who had that attitude. There were, and she knew how to generally spot those people and avoid them. And there were just some beautiful places to visit down here. She shrugged off the comment in regards to her parents, not much wanting to think about it.
Eve offered a partial smile at his statement about trying the shake, which widened in response to his smirk. That same smirk that had surfaced when she'd called him by that pet name. "I hope my reputation precedes me and they know who you mean," she said. "And maybe I'll have to actually give in and try a coffee at Ace's, even though I now know it's second-best to yours."

( EDIT: I messed up sentence order in a part aha )
( Darn it I did it again >.< )

Dimitri could see the brief signs of a response to is words. Yes, Russia. People usually guess because of his name. Dimitri Viktor Bolshevik. It was all Russian. And of course, it was his mother tongue. He knew various other languages of course, and occasionally he got them mixed up, but that rarely happened. The traveling was the only thing he seemed to enjoy now-a-day. Occasionally there was an exception but having the chance to visit different countries and learn about the various foods and traditions. It was his personal educational career, never having attended school for himself. He learned from traveling and reading books and meeting the native people wherever he went.

He gave a chuckle at her words. Yes, he'd said his coffee was better, it probably was a little bit of bragging but he'd yet to meet anyone who said otherwise. Granted she'd probably never get the chance to try it so what use was it to mention it? "If you like shakes you should ask for their Frozen Hot Chocolate. With whip cream." he suggested. She had obviously been to the shop but hopefully she hadn't yet tried the item. Or perhaps if she had he was just out of luck. "I'll be sure to specifically mention you when I go in." he said, a sly grin matching his words and slight teasing. He seriously planning on it though. Whenever he got the urge to try a strawberry milkshake he'd head over and give them a chance.
( Darn it I did it again >.< )

Dimitri could see the brief signs of a response to is words. Yes, Russia. People usually guess because of his name. Dimitri Viktor Bolshevik. It was all Russian. And of course, it was his mother tongue. He knew various other languages of course, and occasionally he got them mixed up, but that rarely happened. The traveling was the only thing he seemed to enjoy now-a-day. Occasionally there was an exception but having the chance to visit different countries and learn about the various foods and traditions. It was his personal educational career, never having attended school for himself. He learned from traveling and reading books and meeting the native people wherever he went.

He gave a chuckle at her words. Yes, he'd said his coffee was better, it probably was a little bit of bragging but he'd yet to meet anyone who said otherwise. Granted she'd probably never get the chance to try it so what use was it to mention it? "If you like shakes you should ask for their Frozen Hot Chocolate. With whip cream." he suggested. She had obviously been to the shop but hopefully she hadn't yet tried the item. Or perhaps if she had he was just out of luck. "I'll be sure to specifically mention you when I go in." he said, a sly grin matching his words and slight teasing. He seriously planning on it though. Whenever he got the urge to try a strawberry milkshake he'd head over and give them a chance.
8d7o509.png
( That's okay, this next post will probs be awful because I really don't know what to have her say! lol )
( That's okay, this next post will probs be awful because I really don't know what to have her say! lol )
Eve was a bit caught off-guard at the sound of his chuckle; he didn't much look the type to laugh, and yet... She visibly brightened at the mention of hot chocolate, which was one of her favorite drinks for when the weather cooled down. Sparky may have headed straight for the hot (spiked) apple cider and coffee, but she usually huddled up with hot cocoa. "Frozen hot chocolate?" she repeated, a bit surprised by the flip on her old standby. "Any chance of getting like...chocolate shavings on top of the whipped cream? I mean, there's no such thing as too much chocolate."
She left the conversation hanging for a few moments as the waiter returned with their order perched rather precariously atop a tray; in his other hand, the waiter had two pitchers, undoubtedly one of water and one of some sort of soda. He offered a rushed apology as he set the pitchers on the table across the aisle from them before setting both hers and Dimitri's dinners in front of their respective owners, quickly sliding the accompanying drinks onto the table beside the plates.
Her response to the rest of what he'd said would have to wait a bit; she'd opened her mouth to question his words, but the waiter inadvertently cut over her: "Do you need anything else?" Eve shook her head in response, looking to Dimitri as she didn't know if there was anything he may have also wanted.
Eve was a bit caught off-guard at the sound of his chuckle; he didn't much look the type to laugh, and yet... She visibly brightened at the mention of hot chocolate, which was one of her favorite drinks for when the weather cooled down. Sparky may have headed straight for the hot (spiked) apple cider and coffee, but she usually huddled up with hot cocoa. "Frozen hot chocolate?" she repeated, a bit surprised by the flip on her old standby. "Any chance of getting like...chocolate shavings on top of the whipped cream? I mean, there's no such thing as too much chocolate."
She left the conversation hanging for a few moments as the waiter returned with their order perched rather precariously atop a tray; in his other hand, the waiter had two pitchers, undoubtedly one of water and one of some sort of soda. He offered a rushed apology as he set the pitchers on the table across the aisle from them before setting both hers and Dimitri's dinners in front of their respective owners, quickly sliding the accompanying drinks onto the table beside the plates.
Her response to the rest of what he'd said would have to wait a bit; she'd opened her mouth to question his words, but the waiter inadvertently cut over her: "Do you need anything else?" Eve shook her head in response, looking to Dimitri as she didn't know if there was anything he may have also wanted.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13