Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Opposites Attract [PRPG]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
Dimitri only gave a faint grin at her observation. He already felt like he'd given enough advice, plus like everyone she didn't seem thrilled with hearing the words. The disinterested reaction easily rolled off of him, he recieved it all the time. He did make an effort to not letting his 'teaching' side show anymore. It always seemed to an unnoticable shift, even to himself sometimes. Many wouldn't call him a teacher but on ocaasions he was. He has the patience for it, which many lacked, and he throughly enjoyed helping someone discover things that they'd previously thought was impossible to do. "You're right." he said merely, offering a faint grin with the two words. He droped the sujcet from then on, knowing that being reminded of the failed date would probably ruin the rest of her night. The words were the truth though. He wasn't just saying them to shut her up, simply pointed out that she was in fact correct with the statement. Advice was always something that people presumed to be out of reach. Humans had countless abilities within their grasp. The brain was an amazing thing, but the most interesting thing was that it could trick itself into believing that it wasn't capable of doing something. That was until you took a leap of faith and tried whatever it was for the first time. His gaze breifly dropped back to the menu, scanning over the selections before her next words distracted him. It took a second for him to process the words but a moment later a slow smirk crept its way on his face. His teeth tried to peek through a small gap in the process. HE wasn't a smiler though. At least he'd never had any reason to smile in his life. His shoulders shook with a small chuckle. "Give me a minute to decide then dear." he teased, still clueless as to what her name was. He wasn't going to ask though. He was just some random stranger in her eyes, best to keep it that way. Relaxing back into the booth he acted upon his words, eyes skimming the presented options. It was going to take various trips back before he'd tried everything on the menu. It didn't take long for him to decide on something and a moment later he flagged down a waiter's attention. It took a minute longer until the waiter finished with the table they were serving before coming over to their table. "I do believe that we're ready to order. You can start with whatever she would like first." he explain, briefly motioning towards Eve, ladies first.
Dimitri only gave a faint grin at her observation. He already felt like he'd given enough advice, plus like everyone she didn't seem thrilled with hearing the words. The disinterested reaction easily rolled off of him, he recieved it all the time. He did make an effort to not letting his 'teaching' side show anymore. It always seemed to an unnoticable shift, even to himself sometimes. Many wouldn't call him a teacher but on ocaasions he was. He has the patience for it, which many lacked, and he throughly enjoyed helping someone discover things that they'd previously thought was impossible to do. "You're right." he said merely, offering a faint grin with the two words. He droped the sujcet from then on, knowing that being reminded of the failed date would probably ruin the rest of her night. The words were the truth though. He wasn't just saying them to shut her up, simply pointed out that she was in fact correct with the statement. Advice was always something that people presumed to be out of reach. Humans had countless abilities within their grasp. The brain was an amazing thing, but the most interesting thing was that it could trick itself into believing that it wasn't capable of doing something. That was until you took a leap of faith and tried whatever it was for the first time. His gaze breifly dropped back to the menu, scanning over the selections before her next words distracted him. It took a second for him to process the words but a moment later a slow smirk crept its way on his face. His teeth tried to peek through a small gap in the process. HE wasn't a smiler though. At least he'd never had any reason to smile in his life. His shoulders shook with a small chuckle. "Give me a minute to decide then dear." he teased, still clueless as to what her name was. He wasn't going to ask though. He was just some random stranger in her eyes, best to keep it that way. Relaxing back into the booth he acted upon his words, eyes skimming the presented options. It was going to take various trips back before he'd tried everything on the menu. It didn't take long for him to decide on something and a moment later he flagged down a waiter's attention. It took a minute longer until the waiter finished with the table they were serving before coming over to their table. "I do believe that we're ready to order. You can start with whatever she would like first." he explain, briefly motioning towards Eve, ladies first.
8d7o509.png
( I'm not going to have her give him her name until they're leaving and going separate ways, just because her holding it out on him amuses me for some reason. And I do hope everything yesterday and today went well? :3 Eli also rather concerns me, he's a lot darker than he usually is! lol )

Eve's eyes narrowed just a touch at his faint grin; she did hope he had somehow understood that it wasn't his advice that had made her take that tone of voice, rather it was being stood up and having no reasonable explanation why. Again. She mentally chastised herself as he quietly agreed with her statement and backed away from the subject, figuring he had misread her intentions. They would've been all too clear if she'd made eye contact while saying it, and she wasn't ready to let anyone but Sparky see that.
And even then...
Now that they'd somewhat moved past the awkward situation that had brought them to be at the same table, she had no problem looking at him. Well, only a slight problem: she could, all too well, hear the awful things Sparky would be saying about him. Not awful as in mean or hurtful, awful as in...tasteless and rather disturbing. But, in all actuality-a quick glance down to his jacket and a thought back to his boots-he looked exactly like someone Sparky was undoubtedly twining herself around this very moment.
Ew, why, Sparky?
Eve watched as her comment sunk in, her use of the same pet name he'd dropped on her bringing an...almost-smile onto his face, almost being the operative word in that sentence. She bobbed her head in a nod at his words, brushing off dear; she hadn't given him her name and she, at least for the time being, had no intentions of giving it to him. Sure, typically when a person supplied their name, the other replied in kind with theirs, but...somehow, keeping hers to herself felt right for now. Besides, there was a nearly-negative chance of them meeting again and how was she to know if the name he'd given was actually his name?
She shook her head to herself at that thought. Despite his appearance landing him solidly in Sparky territory, he seemed trustworthy. He'd taken a seat at a random table with a random girl to save what was apparently a ruined date night. That had to say something for his character.
"I came in here because I've heard, from various people, that you have an outstanding clam chowder bread bowl here?" Eve asked of the waiter without a pause. She'd known before arriving what she'd wanted, something familiar and safe (albeit she'd never had the one here before). The waiter nodded in response to her, so she continued on: "Wonderful, I'd like to try one of those. And do you happen to have lemonade? Particularly that of the strawberry variety? Yes? Okay, that too then." She moved her eyes back to Dimitri, as it was his turn; she nearly made another comment involving another pet name but realized she didn't currently have the nerves to do it a second time.

Eli was pacing furiously in front of the bench now, the indignant anger in his system rendering him incapable of sitting still. He tried to focus on the sound of his sneakers on the sidewalk, a calming mechanism that he'd learned from Eve- He looked back to the window to observe what was happening now; a waiter was at the table, surely she wasn't considering having dinner with a random stranger off the street? That was something her sister would do, Eve was usually smarter than that.
He'd known he should've gone in there and sat down across from her, which had been a concept he'd been kicking around. But he had noticed, especially recently, how differently Eve had been treating him, keeping him at a greater distance, doing everything she could not to encourage or invite his attention. Which, of course, accomplished the exact opposite. He had meant that promise he'd given her nearly ten years ago, that he would marry her when she was twenty-five if no one else had entered the picture by then. Eve had tried to squash that, take back her agreement to it, more than once, but he knew she was just nervous about ending up with someone like him.
Intelligent. Driven. Kind. Given.
Obsessive.
Rather than continue to stand there and watch the atrocious scene occurring, Eli grabbed his coat from the back of the bench and strode into the night. He would have a word with Eve about "stranger danger" when she arrived back at Sparky's after the makeshift date.
Just the word date in reference to Eve sent a jealous scowl crawling across his face.
( I'm not going to have her give him her name until they're leaving and going separate ways, just because her holding it out on him amuses me for some reason. And I do hope everything yesterday and today went well? :3 Eli also rather concerns me, he's a lot darker than he usually is! lol )

Eve's eyes narrowed just a touch at his faint grin; she did hope he had somehow understood that it wasn't his advice that had made her take that tone of voice, rather it was being stood up and having no reasonable explanation why. Again. She mentally chastised herself as he quietly agreed with her statement and backed away from the subject, figuring he had misread her intentions. They would've been all too clear if she'd made eye contact while saying it, and she wasn't ready to let anyone but Sparky see that.
And even then...
Now that they'd somewhat moved past the awkward situation that had brought them to be at the same table, she had no problem looking at him. Well, only a slight problem: she could, all too well, hear the awful things Sparky would be saying about him. Not awful as in mean or hurtful, awful as in...tasteless and rather disturbing. But, in all actuality-a quick glance down to his jacket and a thought back to his boots-he looked exactly like someone Sparky was undoubtedly twining herself around this very moment.
Ew, why, Sparky?
Eve watched as her comment sunk in, her use of the same pet name he'd dropped on her bringing an...almost-smile onto his face, almost being the operative word in that sentence. She bobbed her head in a nod at his words, brushing off dear; she hadn't given him her name and she, at least for the time being, had no intentions of giving it to him. Sure, typically when a person supplied their name, the other replied in kind with theirs, but...somehow, keeping hers to herself felt right for now. Besides, there was a nearly-negative chance of them meeting again and how was she to know if the name he'd given was actually his name?
She shook her head to herself at that thought. Despite his appearance landing him solidly in Sparky territory, he seemed trustworthy. He'd taken a seat at a random table with a random girl to save what was apparently a ruined date night. That had to say something for his character.
"I came in here because I've heard, from various people, that you have an outstanding clam chowder bread bowl here?" Eve asked of the waiter without a pause. She'd known before arriving what she'd wanted, something familiar and safe (albeit she'd never had the one here before). The waiter nodded in response to her, so she continued on: "Wonderful, I'd like to try one of those. And do you happen to have lemonade? Particularly that of the strawberry variety? Yes? Okay, that too then." She moved her eyes back to Dimitri, as it was his turn; she nearly made another comment involving another pet name but realized she didn't currently have the nerves to do it a second time.

Eli was pacing furiously in front of the bench now, the indignant anger in his system rendering him incapable of sitting still. He tried to focus on the sound of his sneakers on the sidewalk, a calming mechanism that he'd learned from Eve- He looked back to the window to observe what was happening now; a waiter was at the table, surely she wasn't considering having dinner with a random stranger off the street? That was something her sister would do, Eve was usually smarter than that.
He'd known he should've gone in there and sat down across from her, which had been a concept he'd been kicking around. But he had noticed, especially recently, how differently Eve had been treating him, keeping him at a greater distance, doing everything she could not to encourage or invite his attention. Which, of course, accomplished the exact opposite. He had meant that promise he'd given her nearly ten years ago, that he would marry her when she was twenty-five if no one else had entered the picture by then. Eve had tried to squash that, take back her agreement to it, more than once, but he knew she was just nervous about ending up with someone like him.
Intelligent. Driven. Kind. Given.
Obsessive.
Rather than continue to stand there and watch the atrocious scene occurring, Eli grabbed his coat from the back of the bench and strode into the night. He would have a word with Eve about "stranger danger" when she arrived back at Sparky's after the makeshift date.
Just the word date in reference to Eve sent a jealous scowl crawling across his face.
aaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa49763919121_34ac4bea71_m.jpg
( Yes, everything worked out. Somehow XD. Crammed a lot of stuff in, still not sure how I pulled it off lol. A stress is gone but it's only momentarily, heh. I've got a test on Monday, and than another test/exam on Thursday. I have some papers I need to read and a one I need to write XP. Really the exam is the big thing on the list. I've got some other assignments due along the way but at least all my presentations are over ^.^

I think I'm going to have to crash now though. It's late here and I haven't been getting lots of sleep these past couple of days. I'm sorry it was just one post. I'll hopefully have time tomorrow to write more.

Oh. Question. Do Sparky and Dimitri know each other already..? Or if Dimitri ends up taking Eve home they meet then...? I also plan on having Han and Dimitri already know each other, Han is the one where Dimitri gets his contracts from. )

I might have enough juice left to write one more post though....
( Yes, everything worked out. Somehow XD. Crammed a lot of stuff in, still not sure how I pulled it off lol. A stress is gone but it's only momentarily, heh. I've got a test on Monday, and than another test/exam on Thursday. I have some papers I need to read and a one I need to write XP. Really the exam is the big thing on the list. I've got some other assignments due along the way but at least all my presentations are over ^.^

I think I'm going to have to crash now though. It's late here and I haven't been getting lots of sleep these past couple of days. I'm sorry it was just one post. I'll hopefully have time tomorrow to write more.

Oh. Question. Do Sparky and Dimitri know each other already..? Or if Dimitri ends up taking Eve home they meet then...? I also plan on having Han and Dimitri already know each other, Han is the one where Dimitri gets his contracts from. )

I might have enough juice left to write one more post though....
8d7o509.png
( That's good, I'm glad to hear that! ^-^ And gah you sound like me sometimes! That was what I said the week before my spring break; I had two tests and a paper and a report and online homework and and and xD It was ridiculous. Good luck on your exams and studying! :D Ah, presentations...mine is in a few weeks, I'm not even moderately ready for it >.<

That's okay, I totally get it :) Get some sleep, rest up, and feel better. No need to apologize, I know we'll write more when we both have more time. Ahh, don't tease me :P

I actually don't know! I've been toying with the concept that they know each other and the concept they don't, but I haven't quite decided which would be better. I feel like it'd make more sense for them to already know one another, which gives me an opportunity to have Sparky lose it on him because THAT'S MY LITTLE SISTER but I doubt Sparky would have told Dimitri about her little sister before. I would die laughing if Dimitri makes sure she gets back home okay, Sparky opens the door, and just. Well. I'm sure that'd go really well ;3

And hey, if you've got the juice, you go right ahead! If not, I totally understand ^-^ )
( That's good, I'm glad to hear that! ^-^ And gah you sound like me sometimes! That was what I said the week before my spring break; I had two tests and a paper and a report and online homework and and and xD It was ridiculous. Good luck on your exams and studying! :D Ah, presentations...mine is in a few weeks, I'm not even moderately ready for it >.<

That's okay, I totally get it :) Get some sleep, rest up, and feel better. No need to apologize, I know we'll write more when we both have more time. Ahh, don't tease me :P

I actually don't know! I've been toying with the concept that they know each other and the concept they don't, but I haven't quite decided which would be better. I feel like it'd make more sense for them to already know one another, which gives me an opportunity to have Sparky lose it on him because THAT'S MY LITTLE SISTER but I doubt Sparky would have told Dimitri about her little sister before. I would die laughing if Dimitri makes sure she gets back home okay, Sparky opens the door, and just. Well. I'm sure that'd go really well ;3

And hey, if you've got the juice, you go right ahead! If not, I totally understand ^-^ )
( Jeez man my brain is jumping way ahead at so, so, so many possibilties. I was just imagining Eli's jelously going a little overboard. And I've been toying with a few things about Dimitri in my head. Haven't decided on them yet though.....

But, about Sparky. Yeah. I've been considering both routes. If they already know one another I can tell she won't ever let him live it down that he'd accidently had diiner with her sister. XD But. What if he never meets Sparky at the apartment. Perhaps they know each other but it a while before he ever meets both of them in person at the same time. He can introduce Sparky to Eve, and Eve to Sparky. They can decide to have a little fun and pretend to not know one another and later break it to him that they are in fact, sisters..... If he already knows Sparky should he also know that she's an archangel like him... or should their relationship only be one between two similar trouble makers..? Plus if they know one another already, Eve won't feel like she has to 'compete' with her sister. And, just imgaine all the little sotried Dimitri could share with Sparky about this nameless girl. Sparky won't learn that the girl is in fact Eve until later on but.... ah. Oh. What of Sparky knows him by his code name/ street name, Grave. Sure she knows his real name but she's also aware that he's sometimes out of town and doesn't yet know that he's back again. Idk. Just thoughts.... )
( Jeez man my brain is jumping way ahead at so, so, so many possibilties. I was just imagining Eli's jelously going a little overboard. And I've been toying with a few things about Dimitri in my head. Haven't decided on them yet though.....

But, about Sparky. Yeah. I've been considering both routes. If they already know one another I can tell she won't ever let him live it down that he'd accidently had diiner with her sister. XD But. What if he never meets Sparky at the apartment. Perhaps they know each other but it a while before he ever meets both of them in person at the same time. He can introduce Sparky to Eve, and Eve to Sparky. They can decide to have a little fun and pretend to not know one another and later break it to him that they are in fact, sisters..... If he already knows Sparky should he also know that she's an archangel like him... or should their relationship only be one between two similar trouble makers..? Plus if they know one another already, Eve won't feel like she has to 'compete' with her sister. And, just imgaine all the little sotried Dimitri could share with Sparky about this nameless girl. Sparky won't learn that the girl is in fact Eve until later on but.... ah. Oh. What of Sparky knows him by his code name/ street name, Grave. Sure she knows his real name but she's also aware that he's sometimes out of town and doesn't yet know that he's back again. Idk. Just thoughts.... )
8d7o509.png
( Oh, no, I've already had his jealousy go overboard in my head. It's going to happen, and it's not going to be pretty, and he's going to have to earn back Eve's trust xD Toying with a few things such aaaas? :o

Now that I think about it, I rather like the thought that they've known one another for however long. And if they're similar trouble-makers, I'm assuming they've gotten into some tight spots, I could see a bond there forming strong enough for them both to admit what they are. BUT we don't have to go that way. And making it so Eve doesn't feel like she has to compete would be nice for her, but it's also nice to have that hanging there as a drama source/strain on their relationship. Can you imagine how lowkey jealous Eve would get over how much time they spend together? lol But him sharing stories of this random girl sounds precious xD Sparky's standing there like "...dude, what's wrong with you? Are you sick? Running a fever? You're acting like you've never been interested in a girl-don't scoff at me like that, you're so into her! Look at your face, ah, it's so obvious!" That last one seems like a good idea! )
( Oh, no, I've already had his jealousy go overboard in my head. It's going to happen, and it's not going to be pretty, and he's going to have to earn back Eve's trust xD Toying with a few things such aaaas? :o

Now that I think about it, I rather like the thought that they've known one another for however long. And if they're similar trouble-makers, I'm assuming they've gotten into some tight spots, I could see a bond there forming strong enough for them both to admit what they are. BUT we don't have to go that way. And making it so Eve doesn't feel like she has to compete would be nice for her, but it's also nice to have that hanging there as a drama source/strain on their relationship. Can you imagine how lowkey jealous Eve would get over how much time they spend together? lol But him sharing stories of this random girl sounds precious xD Sparky's standing there like "...dude, what's wrong with you? Are you sick? Running a fever? You're acting like you've never been interested in a girl-don't scoff at me like that, you're so into her! Look at your face, ah, it's so obvious!" That last one seems like a good idea! )
( bwahahahaha. Yes! I think having them know each other would be a good idea. Close friends but nothing more than that. But we could go for a while where Dimitri and Sparky are never near each other with Eve around. So Sparky thinks there's this random guy that's caught Eve's attention or whatever. Dimitri won't let on about the accidental dinner for a while... Maybe after he takes Eve home or whatever he goes and meets Han at the club/bar. He and Sparky could play a game of pool after she's finished earning her paycheck XD

Ah. Ideas. I dunno if they're accurate plus I'm still trying to sort it out in my head. Like reasons of why it would happen, if it even could happen, etc. If I get a good enough idea about it and can explain it I will. Right now it's just kinda new.

Jeez, I keep misspealling stuff >.< I must be more tired than I thought. The brainstorming is helping though. But I've only killed more time to make it later XD Go me. So.... Do we want him and Sparky to know one another, by the names Sparky and Grave..? And he doesn't know that Eve is her sister. And... idc about if they know what each other is. It could make things interesting but we can also do without it.

I just thought of funny way for Eve and Sparky to 'meet' one another XD Just for giggles;

So I'm considering having Dimitri at some point inviting Eve to come try a coffee shop with him. While they're there Sparky texts him asking where he is. He explains he's at a coffee shop, but because he typically talks about how he can cook and make things better than the resturants she assumes he's at his place. "No genuis. Not my place." he mutters, taking a quick picture of what he sees in front of him, leaving it to her to figure out where he is if she's smart enough. Eve is left wondering who might be headed to his place. Eventually Sparky shows up and the sisters, 'meet' and we go form there XD Eve can still be a little jelous or whatever and can feel like she has to compete against Sparky. XD I dunno, it sounds better in my head.... )
( bwahahahaha. Yes! I think having them know each other would be a good idea. Close friends but nothing more than that. But we could go for a while where Dimitri and Sparky are never near each other with Eve around. So Sparky thinks there's this random guy that's caught Eve's attention or whatever. Dimitri won't let on about the accidental dinner for a while... Maybe after he takes Eve home or whatever he goes and meets Han at the club/bar. He and Sparky could play a game of pool after she's finished earning her paycheck XD

Ah. Ideas. I dunno if they're accurate plus I'm still trying to sort it out in my head. Like reasons of why it would happen, if it even could happen, etc. If I get a good enough idea about it and can explain it I will. Right now it's just kinda new.

Jeez, I keep misspealling stuff >.< I must be more tired than I thought. The brainstorming is helping though. But I've only killed more time to make it later XD Go me. So.... Do we want him and Sparky to know one another, by the names Sparky and Grave..? And he doesn't know that Eve is her sister. And... idc about if they know what each other is. It could make things interesting but we can also do without it.

I just thought of funny way for Eve and Sparky to 'meet' one another XD Just for giggles;

So I'm considering having Dimitri at some point inviting Eve to come try a coffee shop with him. While they're there Sparky texts him asking where he is. He explains he's at a coffee shop, but because he typically talks about how he can cook and make things better than the resturants she assumes he's at his place. "No genuis. Not my place." he mutters, taking a quick picture of what he sees in front of him, leaving it to her to figure out where he is if she's smart enough. Eve is left wondering who might be headed to his place. Eventually Sparky shows up and the sisters, 'meet' and we go form there XD Eve can still be a little jelous or whatever and can feel like she has to compete against Sparky. XD I dunno, it sounds better in my head.... )
8d7o509.png
( It just opens up a lot of fun pathways if they do :3 And yes, that. I think Sparky would kind of think of him as an older brother and, despite what Eve thinks, I don't think Dimitri is her type. Looks like he'd be, sure. But really? Nah. And okay, I'm cool with that! :D

No worries, just let me know when you work whatever out ^-^ I'm happy to throw ideas back and forth of course

Must be! And that's good, I'm glad it's helping! And hm...knowing Sparky, she wouldn't have volunteered her actual name; I think Eve is the only one who knows it, I'm not even sure Eli does. But, if they're close friends, she might have told him. I'm fine with it either way, as with knowing what the other is, meaning I don't have any ideas for if they do or don't know xD

Aha Sparky would get to break out her sleuthing skills! :D I'm on board with that too, but we'll probably come up with like five other ideas before we settle on one of them finding out about one another xD )
( It just opens up a lot of fun pathways if they do :3 And yes, that. I think Sparky would kind of think of him as an older brother and, despite what Eve thinks, I don't think Dimitri is her type. Looks like he'd be, sure. But really? Nah. And okay, I'm cool with that! :D

No worries, just let me know when you work whatever out ^-^ I'm happy to throw ideas back and forth of course

Must be! And that's good, I'm glad it's helping! And hm...knowing Sparky, she wouldn't have volunteered her actual name; I think Eve is the only one who knows it, I'm not even sure Eli does. But, if they're close friends, she might have told him. I'm fine with it either way, as with knowing what the other is, meaning I don't have any ideas for if they do or don't know xD

Aha Sparky would get to break out her sleuthing skills! :D I'm on board with that too, but we'll probably come up with like five other ideas before we settle on one of them finding out about one another xD )
( I also just thought of something that would happen if Sparky knew he was an archangel like she is: she'd use that as something to like lowkey try to warn Eve off of him but she wouldn't tell Eve because it's not Sparky's secret to tell. And Eve could quite possibly think that Sparky is warning her off because she's interested in Dimitri, and I'd just love to see Sparky's scoffing about that lol

Anyway! I hope your day went well ^-^ )
( I also just thought of something that would happen if Sparky knew he was an archangel like she is: she'd use that as something to like lowkey try to warn Eve off of him but she wouldn't tell Eve because it's not Sparky's secret to tell. And Eve could quite possibly think that Sparky is warning her off because she's interested in Dimitri, and I'd just love to see Sparky's scoffing about that lol

Anyway! I hope your day went well ^-^ )
( I had half of a post written the other day, and then things got busy. MY internet went wonky. Ugh. I' sorry for keeping you waiting. I'm working on my response now. )
( I had half of a post written the other day, and then things got busy. MY internet went wonky. Ugh. I' sorry for keeping you waiting. I'm working on my response now. )
8d7o509.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13