Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Opposites Attract [PRPG]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
Characters

DIMITRI | EVE
ICARUS | ELI / MITCH
HAN | SPARKY

There are four worlds that exist both in corollation and in seperation of one another. Earth is home to the mortals who live their lives, oblivious to the other three remaining communities. They live and die, They're young and then they're old, their breaths are measurable unlike their counterparts. The Angels, Demons, and Archangels make up the remaining three worlds, each a seperate model than the other. The angels stand for what is good and just. They seek to right the wrongs and prevent destruction towards the human world. They preform 'miricales' that the human eye is not able to see and process, thus forming the concept of miricales. The Demons are the Angels' counterpart. This species is driven towards destrucion, pain, anger, and sorrow. They hurt others because it's fun and pain hardly fazes them due tot heir mind set. They are rules over by Satan and his small council. Demons tend to think and act irrationally. Only a few have the ability to control themselves to a certain degree, making them more deadly than a simple rampaging creature. The Archangels fall inbetween the three other worlds. They are neither human, angel, nor demon. Some consider them a mixture of all three. Many view them as a mixture of angel and demon. To this day they remain the outcasts, too evil andunloving to be an angel but also not cruel enough to be with the demons. This leaves them to wander aimlessly, finding pleasure in odd hobbies. They are usually alone but ocassional a small group of them will travel together.

Our story begins with a relationship doomed from the first promise. Two young angels made a promise to one another that they would someday marry the other if they hadn't already found someone by a certain age. Although they were young and naive then these words were shared the boy took the promise to heart. Now that both of them are older and approaching the promised age, he's tended his affention for the girl over the years. This affection has it's dark roots though. To prevent this girl from ever being able to settle down he's taken it upon himself to ensure that she never has a serious relationship.

She remembers the promise they had made. But they had been children when those words had been spoken. They're still friends, she supposed. She knew of his affections for her but had expressed to him on multipe ocassions that the promise had only been child's play. Not able to return his affections she continues to live her life. Ocassionaly retreating to Earth to mingle among the humans. No matter who she finds, human or angel, nothing ever lasts. She has no reason to suspect her childhood friend and current admirer. One day she meets a man and for the first time in a while she's able to enjoy herself. Their meeting had been accidental, but that's a story for another time.

If you're interested in reading this fantasy romance we invite you in. Just remember to start at the begining. . .
Characters

DIMITRI | EVE
ICARUS | ELI / MITCH
HAN | SPARKY

There are four worlds that exist both in corollation and in seperation of one another. Earth is home to the mortals who live their lives, oblivious to the other three remaining communities. They live and die, They're young and then they're old, their breaths are measurable unlike their counterparts. The Angels, Demons, and Archangels make up the remaining three worlds, each a seperate model than the other. The angels stand for what is good and just. They seek to right the wrongs and prevent destruction towards the human world. They preform 'miricales' that the human eye is not able to see and process, thus forming the concept of miricales. The Demons are the Angels' counterpart. This species is driven towards destrucion, pain, anger, and sorrow. They hurt others because it's fun and pain hardly fazes them due tot heir mind set. They are rules over by Satan and his small council. Demons tend to think and act irrationally. Only a few have the ability to control themselves to a certain degree, making them more deadly than a simple rampaging creature. The Archangels fall inbetween the three other worlds. They are neither human, angel, nor demon. Some consider them a mixture of all three. Many view them as a mixture of angel and demon. To this day they remain the outcasts, too evil andunloving to be an angel but also not cruel enough to be with the demons. This leaves them to wander aimlessly, finding pleasure in odd hobbies. They are usually alone but ocassional a small group of them will travel together.

Our story begins with a relationship doomed from the first promise. Two young angels made a promise to one another that they would someday marry the other if they hadn't already found someone by a certain age. Although they were young and naive then these words were shared the boy took the promise to heart. Now that both of them are older and approaching the promised age, he's tended his affention for the girl over the years. This affection has it's dark roots though. To prevent this girl from ever being able to settle down he's taken it upon himself to ensure that she never has a serious relationship.

She remembers the promise they had made. But they had been children when those words had been spoken. They're still friends, she supposed. She knew of his affections for her but had expressed to him on multipe ocassions that the promise had only been child's play. Not able to return his affections she continues to live her life. Ocassionaly retreating to Earth to mingle among the humans. No matter who she finds, human or angel, nothing ever lasts. She has no reason to suspect her childhood friend and current admirer. One day she meets a man and for the first time in a while she's able to enjoy herself. Their meeting had been accidental, but that's a story for another time.

If you're interested in reading this fantasy romance we invite you in. Just remember to start at the begining. . .
8d7o509.png
@ShadowFlamel

Well, hi there! I've been poking through these forums for a bit, trying to see if there was anything I could get into, and I must admit the last two ideas you have listed (especially the one about sabotaging relationships) sound rather entertaining. I'll fess up to the fact I've been somewhat out of RPing for a while, but I do have an example I could dig up of the last RP i took part in on here if that's something you'd like to see. I'm also fine with playing either gender, depending on what ideas we have and what's needed for a certain situation, and I typically respond at least with a paragraph unless the characters are in a situation where quick dialogue back and forth seems more fitting.

I'm also a full-time college student, so there may be days where I don't answer as frequently. BUT I promise I am on here every day, multiple times xD
@ShadowFlamel

Well, hi there! I've been poking through these forums for a bit, trying to see if there was anything I could get into, and I must admit the last two ideas you have listed (especially the one about sabotaging relationships) sound rather entertaining. I'll fess up to the fact I've been somewhat out of RPing for a while, but I do have an example I could dig up of the last RP i took part in on here if that's something you'd like to see. I'm also fine with playing either gender, depending on what ideas we have and what's needed for a certain situation, and I typically respond at least with a paragraph unless the characters are in a situation where quick dialogue back and forth seems more fitting.

I'm also a full-time college student, so there may be days where I don't answer as frequently. BUT I promise I am on here every day, multiple times xD
aaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa49763919121_34ac4bea71_m.jpg
@Cuddleh

Sounds good. I just realized that I forgot to link the RPG I had talked about XD My bad. I'll do tat real quick. The two RPGs that i'm in are a little.... slow. Now that I've gotten back into rping I want to keep doing it. So it's perfectly fine that you've been out for a while. It'll come back to you. And I understand the time issue ^.^ I'm a full-time college student as well. Trust me, school comes before this site. Quick responses are always a pleasure but by no means expected.

And I seriously don't care about the plot. Whatever you want to do.
@Cuddleh

Sounds good. I just realized that I forgot to link the RPG I had talked about XD My bad. I'll do tat real quick. The two RPGs that i'm in are a little.... slow. Now that I've gotten back into rping I want to keep doing it. So it's perfectly fine that you've been out for a while. It'll come back to you. And I understand the time issue ^.^ I'm a full-time college student as well. Trust me, school comes before this site. Quick responses are always a pleasure but by no means expected.

And I seriously don't care about the plot. Whatever you want to do.
8d7o509.png
@ShadowFlamel

Oh I didn't even notice! lol And aaah, that happened with the last/only RP I was in on here, it just slowly died off and I never looked for another until now. I get that way about writing too, and I've realized that I rarely write anything anymore; I'm rather hoping getting into an RP will get me back into my writing spirit. I miss it. And phew, okay, you understand my pain in that case! Just wanted to get that out there off the bat, in case you'd rather someone with additional time.

Dear me, don't give me that kind of power XD Most of what I write (alone or with others) always involves some sort of supernatural aspect (if there's anything in that realm you're into at all), though I do want to try either or both of those last two ideas (I feel like we could easily mix them into one, as the one you linked to could be the opening to one of the relationships that gets sabotaged). If we go with the sabotaging one, how would we want to swing that? Because to be completely honest, I want him to fail sabotaging one of the relationships, which ends up being the one the girl stays in, and he ends up with like...his partner in crime or the girl's best friend. Just because it'd be waaay too predictable for the sabotager to get the girl he wanted lol
@ShadowFlamel

Oh I didn't even notice! lol And aaah, that happened with the last/only RP I was in on here, it just slowly died off and I never looked for another until now. I get that way about writing too, and I've realized that I rarely write anything anymore; I'm rather hoping getting into an RP will get me back into my writing spirit. I miss it. And phew, okay, you understand my pain in that case! Just wanted to get that out there off the bat, in case you'd rather someone with additional time.

Dear me, don't give me that kind of power XD Most of what I write (alone or with others) always involves some sort of supernatural aspect (if there's anything in that realm you're into at all), though I do want to try either or both of those last two ideas (I feel like we could easily mix them into one, as the one you linked to could be the opening to one of the relationships that gets sabotaged). If we go with the sabotaging one, how would we want to swing that? Because to be completely honest, I want him to fail sabotaging one of the relationships, which ends up being the one the girl stays in, and he ends up with like...his partner in crime or the girl's best friend. Just because it'd be waaay too predictable for the sabotager to get the girl he wanted lol
@Cuddleh

Lo, yeah, well I just started the RPG so we're still getting out feet under us. Everyone has different scehdules and such. One of the players is sick so that has slowed it down a bit. But it'l all work out. ^.^ Yes. I love fantasy plots. Characters with powers or the ability to shift into an animal are always fun. But sometimes a regular RPG with simple humans is a nice change. But. Oh! I just. I dunno. I've also been wanting to do a RPG with angels. I seriously don't know why T.T BUT I'm totally cool if we just keep it to simple humans.

But what if there's two angelic worlds. One of light and one of dark. AKA good angels and 'devil' angels. White versus black. Maybe on occassion the angels and 'demons' visit the human world, either to cause trouble, help where they can and also to just escape the usual life of being an angel. Maybe two angels are the ones who promised to get married if they weren't yet by 35. The girl could maybe visit earth and finds the humans more charming and adorable, never able to have a serious relationship due to all the sabotaging. Perhaps at the restuarant the guy who joins her is a dark angel. Because the angels have to glamour their apperances while among humans she doesn't realize he's a dark angel until later on. It could really make things interesting. It's an unspoken rule that she can't be with him, but he's also the only genuine guy she's met and been able to talk to.

We could each play a male and female. One light and one dark. Or just, stick with humans ^.^
@Cuddleh

Lo, yeah, well I just started the RPG so we're still getting out feet under us. Everyone has different scehdules and such. One of the players is sick so that has slowed it down a bit. But it'l all work out. ^.^ Yes. I love fantasy plots. Characters with powers or the ability to shift into an animal are always fun. But sometimes a regular RPG with simple humans is a nice change. But. Oh! I just. I dunno. I've also been wanting to do a RPG with angels. I seriously don't know why T.T BUT I'm totally cool if we just keep it to simple humans.

But what if there's two angelic worlds. One of light and one of dark. AKA good angels and 'devil' angels. White versus black. Maybe on occassion the angels and 'demons' visit the human world, either to cause trouble, help where they can and also to just escape the usual life of being an angel. Maybe two angels are the ones who promised to get married if they weren't yet by 35. The girl could maybe visit earth and finds the humans more charming and adorable, never able to have a serious relationship due to all the sabotaging. Perhaps at the restuarant the guy who joins her is a dark angel. Because the angels have to glamour their apperances while among humans she doesn't realize he's a dark angel until later on. It could really make things interesting. It's an unspoken rule that she can't be with him, but he's also the only genuine guy she's met and been able to talk to.

We could each play a male and female. One light and one dark. Or just, stick with humans ^.^
8d7o509.png
@ShadowFlamel

Ah okay! Hopefully that picks up then; things are always slow initially. AND YESSSSSS. Another fantasy fan :3 Writing with humans is always a nice variance, but I'm always drawn to the out-of-the-ordinary. Ooh, I haven't written anything about angels lately, that'd be a nice change :D

I'm on board with this! (Though, I'm wondering if there should be actual demons, angels, and then angels who have done something wrong/fallen angels. Which I feel like would be even more spurned than demons themselves.) I feel so bad for her already, being subjected to all of that sabotaging. That would be a twist :D

My first instinct was to play the "dark" girl because Sparky hasn't been out to play lately and she's rearing to go (I'll probably change her name tho, she's named that because fire powers), but that would mean I would play the light boy, in that case? But that would leave you to be the light girl and dark boy, which wouldn't work O.o Do you have any preferences on who you play as (like was there a character you automatically wanted to be, like I instantly wanted to have the "dark" girl)?
@ShadowFlamel

Ah okay! Hopefully that picks up then; things are always slow initially. AND YESSSSSS. Another fantasy fan :3 Writing with humans is always a nice variance, but I'm always drawn to the out-of-the-ordinary. Ooh, I haven't written anything about angels lately, that'd be a nice change :D

I'm on board with this! (Though, I'm wondering if there should be actual demons, angels, and then angels who have done something wrong/fallen angels. Which I feel like would be even more spurned than demons themselves.) I feel so bad for her already, being subjected to all of that sabotaging. That would be a twist :D

My first instinct was to play the "dark" girl because Sparky hasn't been out to play lately and she's rearing to go (I'll probably change her name tho, she's named that because fire powers), but that would mean I would play the light boy, in that case? But that would leave you to be the light girl and dark boy, which wouldn't work O.o Do you have any preferences on who you play as (like was there a character you automatically wanted to be, like I instantly wanted to have the "dark" girl)?
@Cuddleh

Sparky XD Oh by. I love it. Fire powers ehh??? YESSS My girl Shadow is always weilding those flames Heh.

Yeah, fantasy is more enjoyable to write than anything else. And I'm perfectly fine with doing the demon, archangel/fallen angels, and angels thing. That'll work. THe archangels could be somewhere inbetween, not a demon but not welcomed into the angel community either.

Ahem. Well. I have two characters who could work well. I was thinking maybe I play the archangel (the guy who joins her for the unexpected date) and I can also play an angel, her friend, the girl whom her sabbotoger will eventually fall for instead. I'm terriable with 'evil' characters. Just throwing that out there. I can do hardheaded, stubborn, and all that but I don't yet have the talen to figure out how to play an 'evil' character. I constantly feel like I'm overstepping boundraies lol.

If we did that that'd leav me with one arch angel and one angel. And you with two angels.....But you can totaly make another archangel to be my boy's friend, lol. Else he'll be all bored and loney XD

I really don't care. My brain just automatically went that route I suppose because of my charas. Ahem. Like I said, I don't care. I'm not too picky, and I can work with whatever.
@Cuddleh

Sparky XD Oh by. I love it. Fire powers ehh??? YESSS My girl Shadow is always weilding those flames Heh.

Yeah, fantasy is more enjoyable to write than anything else. And I'm perfectly fine with doing the demon, archangel/fallen angels, and angels thing. That'll work. THe archangels could be somewhere inbetween, not a demon but not welcomed into the angel community either.

Ahem. Well. I have two characters who could work well. I was thinking maybe I play the archangel (the guy who joins her for the unexpected date) and I can also play an angel, her friend, the girl whom her sabbotoger will eventually fall for instead. I'm terriable with 'evil' characters. Just throwing that out there. I can do hardheaded, stubborn, and all that but I don't yet have the talen to figure out how to play an 'evil' character. I constantly feel like I'm overstepping boundraies lol.

If we did that that'd leav me with one arch angel and one angel. And you with two angels.....But you can totaly make another archangel to be my boy's friend, lol. Else he'll be all bored and loney XD

I really don't care. My brain just automatically went that route I suppose because of my charas. Ahem. Like I said, I don't care. I'm not too picky, and I can work with whatever.
8d7o509.png
@ShadowFlamel

She's quite the handful. You'll see if I use her, but with a different moniker. Maybe. Hard to change her name now lol

Okay, so that'd leave me with the main girl/angel (I have a girl I could pretty easily put here) and her sabotager (is there even a correct SPELLING for that word? lol). Which would be fine, I actually have a pair that'd work well; my one boy has an almost obsessive love for the girl I was thinking I could use as the angel, which she does and doesn't reciprocate. They are the definition of complicated.

And, as a freebie, I can totally use the angel girl's sister as a fallen angel to pow around with your boy. That way I still get to play Sparky and unleash her on unsuspecting people, but she also works with the overall plot too. Already gives one reason the main girl would overlook your boy being "dark": her sister is.
@ShadowFlamel

She's quite the handful. You'll see if I use her, but with a different moniker. Maybe. Hard to change her name now lol

Okay, so that'd leave me with the main girl/angel (I have a girl I could pretty easily put here) and her sabotager (is there even a correct SPELLING for that word? lol). Which would be fine, I actually have a pair that'd work well; my one boy has an almost obsessive love for the girl I was thinking I could use as the angel, which she does and doesn't reciprocate. They are the definition of complicated.

And, as a freebie, I can totally use the angel girl's sister as a fallen angel to pow around with your boy. That way I still get to play Sparky and unleash her on unsuspecting people, but she also works with the overall plot too. Already gives one reason the main girl would overlook your boy being "dark": her sister is.
@Cuddleh

XD Sweet. I think we're set then. We'll just RP here if you're cool with that. I'll write up a plot/background story to post at the top if you want me to...? ANd you can post your characters whenever. I'll link to them on the top post.

And if you want me to make a love interest for your girl (Sparky) I can always either drag my boy's brother in or make a brand new character. Human, angel, archangel, whatever you want.

PS: I'm subbed to the thread.
@Cuddleh

XD Sweet. I think we're set then. We'll just RP here if you're cool with that. I'll write up a plot/background story to post at the top if you want me to...? ANd you can post your characters whenever. I'll link to them on the top post.

And if you want me to make a love interest for your girl (Sparky) I can always either drag my boy's brother in or make a brand new character. Human, angel, archangel, whatever you want.

PS: I'm subbed to the thread.
8d7o509.png
If you'd like to, you can! :3 I'll try to track down their character sheets; otherwise, I'll just throw them together. They'll be basic if I do that, though, mainly because I like giving more details through the actual writing xD

Ohh, that would be rather interesting to see how that would go. If we do go with that, I'd choose either human or another archangel, just so all of the matchups end up different. I have a thing for different.

Got it! I am now too :D
If you'd like to, you can! :3 I'll try to track down their character sheets; otherwise, I'll just throw them together. They'll be basic if I do that, though, mainly because I like giving more details through the actual writing xD

Ohh, that would be rather interesting to see how that would go. If we do go with that, I'd choose either human or another archangel, just so all of the matchups end up different. I have a thing for different.

Got it! I am now too :D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13