Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Camp Half-Blood (Private)
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
Owen paused for a moment, making sure to word his answers carefully.

"You could say that, yes," he replied, his lips slowly spreading into a lop-sided grin as he confirmed this once more with a curt nod.

"Of course he's a camper you stupid son of a bi-," Chrys began to hiss, poking her head out from behind Owen in mild irritation before being shut up by a pinch to the stomach. She recoiled slightly, slapping away the half-blood's fingers as she went to rub the tiny bruise, moving bits of fine blonde hair away from her face in frustration. "Sheesh no need for violence," the nymph muttered through pursed lips, turning her back on the conversation as she decided her input was not needed (or wanted at this point).

Watching as the woman bowed her head to sulk silently behind a large curtain of bangs, Owen glanced back to find the boy's gaze directly trained on his face. Normally, he wouldn't mind others staring as he knew he had unique looks and an odd pair of eyes to boot. And yet this kid somehow made him feel just the slighest amount of discomfort from his unwavering stare - almost as if he were judging his every move.

"Erm...do you happen to know where Aphrodite's cabin is?" he continued, wanting to break the tension that had accumulated between them. That, however, became the least of his worries as Chrys's head snapped up immediatly at the goddesses name, her eyes hardening in displeasure. Owen even swore he heard the distinct sound of cracking knuckles, no doubt Chrys's way of saying they should have a "chat" later.

Owen paused for a moment, making sure to word his answers carefully.

"You could say that, yes," he replied, his lips slowly spreading into a lop-sided grin as he confirmed this once more with a curt nod.

"Of course he's a camper you stupid son of a bi-," Chrys began to hiss, poking her head out from behind Owen in mild irritation before being shut up by a pinch to the stomach. She recoiled slightly, slapping away the half-blood's fingers as she went to rub the tiny bruise, moving bits of fine blonde hair away from her face in frustration. "Sheesh no need for violence," the nymph muttered through pursed lips, turning her back on the conversation as she decided her input was not needed (or wanted at this point).

Watching as the woman bowed her head to sulk silently behind a large curtain of bangs, Owen glanced back to find the boy's gaze directly trained on his face. Normally, he wouldn't mind others staring as he knew he had unique looks and an odd pair of eyes to boot. And yet this kid somehow made him feel just the slighest amount of discomfort from his unwavering stare - almost as if he were judging his every move.

"Erm...do you happen to know where Aphrodite's cabin is?" he continued, wanting to break the tension that had accumulated between them. That, however, became the least of his worries as Chrys's head snapped up immediatly at the goddesses name, her eyes hardening in displeasure. Owen even swore he heard the distinct sound of cracking knuckles, no doubt Chrys's way of saying they should have a "chat" later.

online | offline | busy | hiatus

vernon | 22 | libra | any pronouns

+ 3 FR Time | when I'm not crying over college work I like to draw things and rp
''No cussing in camp,'' Dei preached as he approached the group, flashing a look at the nymph, ''especially animal cusses; the ''a'' word is extremely offensive.''
That aside, he looked at the new camper, hoping he had seen a centaur before. ''Welcome to camp.''
''No cussing in camp,'' Dei preached as he approached the group, flashing a look at the nymph, ''especially animal cusses; the ''a'' word is extremely offensive.''
That aside, he looked at the new camper, hoping he had seen a centaur before. ''Welcome to camp.''
Tess watched absentmindedly as people milled about towards the entrance, though she couldn't pick out any faces she recignized. Sipping her coffee leisurely, she watched as the cabin supervisors brought kids in for the tours and such, their cheery personalities souring her mood even further. Of course the kids would be excited to find out they're more than just humans - she was too, when she first discovered her heritage.

And then, she found out that her talent wasn't for cool things like making people fall in love with you or shooting lightning bolts or something, but fixing machinery. In a hot, stuffy workshop. All day. And worst of all, she even enjoyed doing it. Something most people found tediously boring or uninteresting, she thought was absolutely fascinating. She found herself keeping to herself and avoiding the company of other humans, if she could help it. Truly her father's daughter, she supposed.

Her thoughts were quite rudely interrupted by the sound of profanities, and she lifted her head to find the source of the commotion. Draining the last of her coffee, she stood and made her way over to the people tangled up on the ground, quickly picking themselves up. She could make out the figures of a short kid, who she was almost certain was the head of the Athena cabin (though she wasn't positive - faces tended to get muddled up in her memory, and she couldn't remember his name for the life of her), as well as some tall guy and someone she presumed was a nymph.

Had she gotten there a little earlier, she might have offered assistance, but she feared she was too late to be of any help. She heard the tall one ask for directions, and she jumped at the chance for something to do.

"Excuse me, I think I might be able to show you around, if you're interested." She said, turning her head to look at the short one. "If you weren't doing that already, of course. Though, being shown the ground is no way to start a tour."

@kellkatt @tsukii ((sorry for the awkward interruption! haha tess isn't very good at formalities. or jokes, for that matter))
Tess watched absentmindedly as people milled about towards the entrance, though she couldn't pick out any faces she recignized. Sipping her coffee leisurely, she watched as the cabin supervisors brought kids in for the tours and such, their cheery personalities souring her mood even further. Of course the kids would be excited to find out they're more than just humans - she was too, when she first discovered her heritage.

And then, she found out that her talent wasn't for cool things like making people fall in love with you or shooting lightning bolts or something, but fixing machinery. In a hot, stuffy workshop. All day. And worst of all, she even enjoyed doing it. Something most people found tediously boring or uninteresting, she thought was absolutely fascinating. She found herself keeping to herself and avoiding the company of other humans, if she could help it. Truly her father's daughter, she supposed.

Her thoughts were quite rudely interrupted by the sound of profanities, and she lifted her head to find the source of the commotion. Draining the last of her coffee, she stood and made her way over to the people tangled up on the ground, quickly picking themselves up. She could make out the figures of a short kid, who she was almost certain was the head of the Athena cabin (though she wasn't positive - faces tended to get muddled up in her memory, and she couldn't remember his name for the life of her), as well as some tall guy and someone she presumed was a nymph.

Had she gotten there a little earlier, she might have offered assistance, but she feared she was too late to be of any help. She heard the tall one ask for directions, and she jumped at the chance for something to do.

"Excuse me, I think I might be able to show you around, if you're interested." She said, turning her head to look at the short one. "If you weren't doing that already, of course. Though, being shown the ground is no way to start a tour."

@kellkatt @tsukii ((sorry for the awkward interruption! haha tess isn't very good at formalities. or jokes, for that matter))
QgoWm3b.png cat
she/her
fr +3
art shop
hatchery
sleeping coatl
@catalysts
((np! it worked just fine! i was worried for a moment i had posted my second response too quickly for you to jump in ;v;
@catalysts
((np! it worked just fine! i was worried for a moment i had posted my second response too quickly for you to jump in ;v;

+ 3 FR Time | when I'm not crying over college work I like to draw things and rp
@Tsukii

((no worries! It probably worked better with your second post anyways ouo
@Tsukii

((no worries! It probably worked better with your second post anyways ouo
QgoWm3b.png cat
she/her
fr +3
art shop
hatchery
sleeping coatl
Deigo frowned slightly, pocketed his hands, and looked away from the tall male, then to the Nymph, Dei, then to Tess.

"I had asked, if he was a new camper, so I could direct him." He said in a flat, yet some how hostile tone.

"I'm assuming by your question, then, that you've already been claimed. Aphrodite is cabin number 10, by the way. I can show you the way, unless you'd prefer Tess. I'm sure she's much better with formalities and conversations than me." He said, crossing his arms and avoiding their gazes.

He almost hoped Owen would pick Tess. He tried talking once and was insulted with hostility, so honestly, he just wanted to return to his cabin, and read. Or maybe - work on the chariot for the Athena cabin.
Deigo frowned slightly, pocketed his hands, and looked away from the tall male, then to the Nymph, Dei, then to Tess.

"I had asked, if he was a new camper, so I could direct him." He said in a flat, yet some how hostile tone.

"I'm assuming by your question, then, that you've already been claimed. Aphrodite is cabin number 10, by the way. I can show you the way, unless you'd prefer Tess. I'm sure she's much better with formalities and conversations than me." He said, crossing his arms and avoiding their gazes.

He almost hoped Owen would pick Tess. He tried talking once and was insulted with hostility, so honestly, he just wanted to return to his cabin, and read. Or maybe - work on the chariot for the Athena cabin.
"Well, as long as I'm around you're gonna hear it - get used to it pony boy," she growled, sizing him up before coming to the conclusion that he wasn't worth her time. "I'm not here to appeal to the kiddies. I've got enough to deal with when it comes to this idiot of a demigod." Chrys glared up at Owen, elbowing him in the ribs as revenge for his pinch from earlier.

Gripping his side and wincing just slightly, Owen glanced between the two people unsure what to do with the situation. He honestly couldn't care less about who showed him around - he was only here on his mother's orders and nothing more. He had already planned on getting back to his apartment within the next couple of weeks should things carry through smoothly.

Basically, he had no intention of hanging around longer than was needed.

"How about you both show me? It'd be easier than me getting caught in the middle of whatever this is and having to choose between two people I've just met. So let's just agree to disagree and carry forward, no?" His smile wavered slightly as he said this, indicating that his kindess had only been for show and was not part of his true nature. He could also feel Chrys growing impatient, her grip on his arm getting stronger by the minute as she watched the others with a bit of skepticism.

"Well, as long as I'm around you're gonna hear it - get used to it pony boy," she growled, sizing him up before coming to the conclusion that he wasn't worth her time. "I'm not here to appeal to the kiddies. I've got enough to deal with when it comes to this idiot of a demigod." Chrys glared up at Owen, elbowing him in the ribs as revenge for his pinch from earlier.

Gripping his side and wincing just slightly, Owen glanced between the two people unsure what to do with the situation. He honestly couldn't care less about who showed him around - he was only here on his mother's orders and nothing more. He had already planned on getting back to his apartment within the next couple of weeks should things carry through smoothly.

Basically, he had no intention of hanging around longer than was needed.

"How about you both show me? It'd be easier than me getting caught in the middle of whatever this is and having to choose between two people I've just met. So let's just agree to disagree and carry forward, no?" His smile wavered slightly as he said this, indicating that his kindess had only been for show and was not part of his true nature. He could also feel Chrys growing impatient, her grip on his arm getting stronger by the minute as she watched the others with a bit of skepticism.

Tess shifted her weight uncomfortably at the short one's words. She hadn't meant to make him upset - perhaps she should have thought about her words longer before speaking. People were terribly confusing sometimes. "Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude." She said quietly, shoving her hands in her pockets. She found a few gears in one and pulled them out to idly fiddle, hiding her nervousness as best as she could.

"A dual tour might be best, if that's all right with..." There she went again. Her eyes widened slightly as she realized her mistake - the short one's name completely slipped her mind. "Uuh... I'm Tess, daughter of Hephaestus. And you're one of Aphrodite's children, you said?" She asked the tall one, trying to make conversation and draw attention from the tiny name fiasco. The gears clicked in her hands as she examined the surroundings. The nymph seemed to be having an argument with a nearby centaur about cursing. Maybe she would get along well with that one - she certainly had trouble restraining herself around the younger campers.

((I'm on mobile for today and tomorrow, sorry for the late reply!!
Tess shifted her weight uncomfortably at the short one's words. She hadn't meant to make him upset - perhaps she should have thought about her words longer before speaking. People were terribly confusing sometimes. "Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude." She said quietly, shoving her hands in her pockets. She found a few gears in one and pulled them out to idly fiddle, hiding her nervousness as best as she could.

"A dual tour might be best, if that's all right with..." There she went again. Her eyes widened slightly as she realized her mistake - the short one's name completely slipped her mind. "Uuh... I'm Tess, daughter of Hephaestus. And you're one of Aphrodite's children, you said?" She asked the tall one, trying to make conversation and draw attention from the tiny name fiasco. The gears clicked in her hands as she examined the surroundings. The nymph seemed to be having an argument with a nearby centaur about cursing. Maybe she would get along well with that one - she certainly had trouble restraining herself around the younger campers.

((I'm on mobile for today and tomorrow, sorry for the late reply!!
QgoWm3b.png cat
she/her
fr +3
art shop
hatchery
sleeping coatl
Dei narrowed his eyes at the demigod, ''Selfish, no good little primate...''
He suddenly cupped his hands over his mouth, swishing his tail in alarm. ''Uh, sorry, um I didn't mean it.''
Dei narrowed his eyes at the demigod, ''Selfish, no good little primate...''
He suddenly cupped his hands over his mouth, swishing his tail in alarm. ''Uh, sorry, um I didn't mean it.''
"I.. Uh. No Tess, Go ahead.. I'm just going to go aquaint the other campers." He said quickly and hurried off to the entancd again. Gods, he hated talking to people.

He rubbed his face and absent mindedly began greeting and directing new campers to their new life. Most campers looked amazed, some looked scared.

(Same, I'm on mobile )
"I.. Uh. No Tess, Go ahead.. I'm just going to go aquaint the other campers." He said quickly and hurried off to the entancd again. Gods, he hated talking to people.

He rubbed his face and absent mindedly began greeting and directing new campers to their new life. Most campers looked amazed, some looked scared.

(Same, I'm on mobile )
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20