Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Camp Half-Blood (Private)
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 19 20
( sure! You'll have to have Murphy come to Dei, however. )
( sure! You'll have to have Murphy come to Dei, however. )
((Since my character is just sitting in the infirmary, and can't really do much, I decided to add my second character. He is going to be the son of Hephaestus and has been in the camp for several years. I'm currently very busy and will post his character info in a few hours.
((Since my character is just sitting in the infirmary, and can't really do much, I decided to add my second character. He is going to be the son of Hephaestus and has been in the camp for several years. I'm currently very busy and will post his character info in a few hours.
zXYoEU2.png
Name: Brayden Shaw
Race: American, 1/4ths Chinese
Sexuality: Straight

Appearance:
Height: 5’9”
Hair Style: Cafe brown short hair. Always brushed with the front gel’ed up. There is a small bald spot is the back bottom right of his head.
Eye Color: Brown eyes with a near black iris.
Physique: He counts as pretty tall. He has a strong upper body filled with muscles, especially his biceps due to metal working daily. His right arm is slightly larger than his left.

Personality:
He is a very focused person when working on one of his projects but when he is not, he can be quite nice and calm. A more negative characteristic is that he gets angry very easily and tends to get an outburst of anger that can lose his self-control. Over the years, he has been getting better at controlling his rage but he still needs help.

Mother: Karina Shaw (Deceased, Farmer)
Father: Hephaestus (God of Fire, and Crafts)

Background:
Brayden has the gift of fire ((like Leo Valdez in hero of Olympus)) but he doesn’t know how to control it. He spent his childhood on his mother’s family farm. He was 5 when he discovered his power. One day he got so out of control and angry that he burned down the entire farm, along with his grandparents, his non-halfblood brother, and his mother. His stepdad was at work that day, and when he found out that Brayden caused this arson, he sent Brayden straight to the military where he spent 9 years. He couldn’t take having to live with the guilt of burning down his family, so he ran away from the military academy and attempted suicide in a nearby lake, trying to drown himself. Luckily, Chiron found him and brought him to Camp-Halfblood where he now resides. There as soon as he walked into camp, a fiery hammer shown above his head, and was claimed as Hephaestus’s son.
Name: Brayden Shaw
Race: American, 1/4ths Chinese
Sexuality: Straight

Appearance:
Height: 5’9”
Hair Style: Cafe brown short hair. Always brushed with the front gel’ed up. There is a small bald spot is the back bottom right of his head.
Eye Color: Brown eyes with a near black iris.
Physique: He counts as pretty tall. He has a strong upper body filled with muscles, especially his biceps due to metal working daily. His right arm is slightly larger than his left.

Personality:
He is a very focused person when working on one of his projects but when he is not, he can be quite nice and calm. A more negative characteristic is that he gets angry very easily and tends to get an outburst of anger that can lose his self-control. Over the years, he has been getting better at controlling his rage but he still needs help.

Mother: Karina Shaw (Deceased, Farmer)
Father: Hephaestus (God of Fire, and Crafts)

Background:
Brayden has the gift of fire ((like Leo Valdez in hero of Olympus)) but he doesn’t know how to control it. He spent his childhood on his mother’s family farm. He was 5 when he discovered his power. One day he got so out of control and angry that he burned down the entire farm, along with his grandparents, his non-halfblood brother, and his mother. His stepdad was at work that day, and when he found out that Brayden caused this arson, he sent Brayden straight to the military where he spent 9 years. He couldn’t take having to live with the guilt of burning down his family, so he ran away from the military academy and attempted suicide in a nearby lake, trying to drown himself. Luckily, Chiron found him and brought him to Camp-Halfblood where he now resides. There as soon as he walked into camp, a fiery hammer shown above his head, and was claimed as Hephaestus’s son.
zXYoEU2.png
Murphy swore up and down that their bags were not this heavy. He spotted a centaur and called out to them. “HELLO, can I get some help here? And preferably some dry clothes?” Not a inch of him was dry, and he really hated wet clothes. It reminded him of that one job with Alec where they had to wade up to their chest in the bayous. They were threatened many times with the wildlife, large gators bumping into them. Nothing a well-placed arrow couldn’t fix. It wasn’t till they were sucked under water by the large catfish-looking monster, that they had a problem. Like what he did then, he took off his flannel and t-shirt, before wringing it. Alec usually would make a joke about how he never has his shirt on.
Alec woke up on the back of the white deer, and got off. The creature stared at him evilly; as he wasn’t carrying a tip for it’s hard work. His lower back hurt, and he walked up towards what he supposed was the med tent. He could feel the deer slowly seething and walking away. Why Murphy summoned that one he had no idea, it’s got a bad attitude. Caught mid thought, he accidentally almost stumbled over a shorter male with black hair. “Ah, sorry, wasn’t watching where I was going” he apologized before walking over to one of the empty beds, and falling on top of it. He was content with staring at the ceiling, and waiting for someone to come to him. It wasn’t until he remembered Mochi’s berating that he bolted up, she would not be pleased if he didn’t introduce himself. “Uh, hello? Should I get checked out here, or in my cabin? Does Hypnos even have a cabin?” the last part he kind of wondered to himself.
Murphy swore up and down that their bags were not this heavy. He spotted a centaur and called out to them. “HELLO, can I get some help here? And preferably some dry clothes?” Not a inch of him was dry, and he really hated wet clothes. It reminded him of that one job with Alec where they had to wade up to their chest in the bayous. They were threatened many times with the wildlife, large gators bumping into them. Nothing a well-placed arrow couldn’t fix. It wasn’t till they were sucked under water by the large catfish-looking monster, that they had a problem. Like what he did then, he took off his flannel and t-shirt, before wringing it. Alec usually would make a joke about how he never has his shirt on.
Alec woke up on the back of the white deer, and got off. The creature stared at him evilly; as he wasn’t carrying a tip for it’s hard work. His lower back hurt, and he walked up towards what he supposed was the med tent. He could feel the deer slowly seething and walking away. Why Murphy summoned that one he had no idea, it’s got a bad attitude. Caught mid thought, he accidentally almost stumbled over a shorter male with black hair. “Ah, sorry, wasn’t watching where I was going” he apologized before walking over to one of the empty beds, and falling on top of it. He was content with staring at the ceiling, and waiting for someone to come to him. It wasn’t until he remembered Mochi’s berating that he bolted up, she would not be pleased if he didn’t introduce himself. “Uh, hello? Should I get checked out here, or in my cabin? Does Hypnos even have a cabin?” the last part he kind of wondered to himself.
It had been a few hours after the everyone had arrived. He had heard the news of the fainting girl and the crash into the lake but decided to stay focused on this project. He was working on a small mechanical dog. All he could hear was the smashing of hammers on anvil, the trickling of gears, and the soft yet fierce hum of burning fire. He looked around at his half-sisters and brothers. They were all equally focused on their own little projects. Brayden usually isn’t this unfocused. He guess that it was the rumbling of his stomach that killed his concentration. It was almost lunch however he decided to leave and get lunch early. Jumping over trinkets and abandoned projects, he head straight for the mess hall. Along the way he passed the infirmary. Curious about the current state of the girl, he went in. There on one bed lay a girl. By the looks of it, she was around 16. The girl was awake and she looked very confused, so he went up to her to get to know her a little bit. This wasn’t himself as he is definitely NOT a social person, but he might as well since he not being himself today anyway.
“How are feeling?” He asked her
“I’m fine” the girl muttered. “What is this place? My mother told me it was just some regular summer camp. At first I thought I was hallucinating but did I really see those odd creatures?”
Brayden laughed a bit. Surely the saytrs would kick her she called them ‘odd’. “Yes, yes you did see centaurs and saytrs. This is Camp Half-Blood! A camp where mortal children with blood of the gods stay.”
Wide-eyed, the girl said “No! This can’t be, I’m just a normal teenager. I probably just went the wrong way”
“You walked right through the gates as if there were no problem. Theres a barrier protecting the camp, and humans cannot pass through them, yet you did. You are special—wait, whats your name? I’m Brayden, son of the God of fire and crafts, Hephaestus.”
“My name is Haley. Ugh, this is all so hard to take in!”
“Well, Haley, it’s almost lunch time. If you feel like it, I could take you to the mess hall and then give you a tour of the camp.” Brayden suggested.
Haley nodded and got off of her bed. Together, they chatted and strolled to the mess hall.

It had been a few hours after the everyone had arrived. He had heard the news of the fainting girl and the crash into the lake but decided to stay focused on this project. He was working on a small mechanical dog. All he could hear was the smashing of hammers on anvil, the trickling of gears, and the soft yet fierce hum of burning fire. He looked around at his half-sisters and brothers. They were all equally focused on their own little projects. Brayden usually isn’t this unfocused. He guess that it was the rumbling of his stomach that killed his concentration. It was almost lunch however he decided to leave and get lunch early. Jumping over trinkets and abandoned projects, he head straight for the mess hall. Along the way he passed the infirmary. Curious about the current state of the girl, he went in. There on one bed lay a girl. By the looks of it, she was around 16. The girl was awake and she looked very confused, so he went up to her to get to know her a little bit. This wasn’t himself as he is definitely NOT a social person, but he might as well since he not being himself today anyway.
“How are feeling?” He asked her
“I’m fine” the girl muttered. “What is this place? My mother told me it was just some regular summer camp. At first I thought I was hallucinating but did I really see those odd creatures?”
Brayden laughed a bit. Surely the saytrs would kick her she called them ‘odd’. “Yes, yes you did see centaurs and saytrs. This is Camp Half-Blood! A camp where mortal children with blood of the gods stay.”
Wide-eyed, the girl said “No! This can’t be, I’m just a normal teenager. I probably just went the wrong way”
“You walked right through the gates as if there were no problem. Theres a barrier protecting the camp, and humans cannot pass through them, yet you did. You are special—wait, whats your name? I’m Brayden, son of the God of fire and crafts, Hephaestus.”
“My name is Haley. Ugh, this is all so hard to take in!”
“Well, Haley, it’s almost lunch time. If you feel like it, I could take you to the mess hall and then give you a tour of the camp.” Brayden suggested.
Haley nodded and got off of her bed. Together, they chatted and strolled to the mess hall.

zXYoEU2.png
Dei whipped his head around to see a boy calling out to him. He walked up to him and held out his arms.
''What can I carry?'' He asked, ''I can also get some clean clothes later today. I know one of the weavers in my herd pretty well, so I get 50% off.''
He took some stuff and they began walking towards the cabins. Dei felt a little bit like a pack-animal, but at least he was doing something helpful.
''So who's your parent?'' Dei asks the boy, stopping as they reached the greenscape.
Dei whipped his head around to see a boy calling out to him. He walked up to him and held out his arms.
''What can I carry?'' He asked, ''I can also get some clean clothes later today. I know one of the weavers in my herd pretty well, so I get 50% off.''
He took some stuff and they began walking towards the cabins. Dei felt a little bit like a pack-animal, but at least he was doing something helpful.
''So who's your parent?'' Dei asks the boy, stopping as they reached the greenscape.
He stared at the camp for a while, the wind whipping his hair around. Another year, where he'd be alone. The son of Poseidon, and the empty cabin.
He sighed and sat down on the steps of the cabin. He craved attention, but as the same time he hated it. He guessed he just wanted someone to himself-- not necessarily romantic. Sure, he had his "best friend" (more like his mom) the water nymph, but she was currently out he assumed. He wondered if he should visit the girl from earlier.
He sat there, in thought, before he decided: No.
What more intrigued him was that demigod, tall and quiet. There was something, appealing about him-- something alluring that he couldn't figure out.
And by the gods, he could probably never forget those eyes. He just wished he knew the name if him.
He stared at the camp for a while, the wind whipping his hair around. Another year, where he'd be alone. The son of Poseidon, and the empty cabin.
He sighed and sat down on the steps of the cabin. He craved attention, but as the same time he hated it. He guessed he just wanted someone to himself-- not necessarily romantic. Sure, he had his "best friend" (more like his mom) the water nymph, but she was currently out he assumed. He wondered if he should visit the girl from earlier.
He sat there, in thought, before he decided: No.
What more intrigued him was that demigod, tall and quiet. There was something, appealing about him-- something alluring that he couldn't figure out.
And by the gods, he could probably never forget those eyes. He just wished he knew the name if him.
(Hey can anyone spare, one, single, sand dollar? I'm one short away from the new vista and I'd love to have it lol I'll trade 5 diamonds for it )
(Hey can anyone spare, one, single, sand dollar? I'm one short away from the new vista and I'd love to have it lol I'll trade 5 diamonds for it )
((@kellkatt
Just curious, who is Diego referring to when he says 'that demigod'

edit:*** I sent you a CR for it :D
((@kellkatt
Just curious, who is Diego referring to when he says 'that demigod'

edit:*** I sent you a CR for it :D

online | offline | busy | hiatus

vernon | 22 | libra | any pronouns

+ 3 FR Time | when I'm not crying over college work I like to draw things and rp
Mochi paused for a moment, glancing over at murphy before he was too far out of sight. She didn't want to lose the guys on their first day in camp, they were all she had for the time being, and wasn't ready to let them go just yet. She knew it seemed a bit childish the way she enjoyed clinging to them but they were her first friends after all. A saving grace of sorts, she would think at times.

"Chrys, maybe we can save his introduction for later, I have to catch up with that one." she said, nodding her head in Murphy's general direction."It was great to meet you, I hope to see you again soon!" Her words were filled with sincerity, she wanted the nymph to know that she held a high respect for her already. Ayume ranked respect as one of the most valuable things a person can receive, and all that she had left to give in that moment.

She turned away from the pair, her steps light as she slowly jogged to catch up to Murphy. A small gasped escaped her lips when she saw him remove his shirt."Oh. My. Gods." she whispered, a large grin began to spread across her face as her pace sped up. "What do we have here?" She called out, her way of warning him of his impending fate.

She leaned forward, using the momentum she built up to spring herself off the ground, landing on Murphy's back. "Public indecency!" she shouted, holding on to him tightly. "Shame upon you! You womanizer! You offender! You exhibitionist! How dare you expose yourself! In front of the entire camp at that! Have you no shame? A modern day hussy! No respect for the eyes of the others!" She could barely hold in her laughter, her voice ringing out loud. It was a small ritual of hers, whenever she saw Murphy remove his shirt in public, something that happened a bit too frequently.

She never had to worry about Alec stripping in public as he normally kept himself covered up. Murphy on the other hand, had to be reminded that shirts weren't a necessity, but it was always nice to have on on you. The speech was one she derived from a play she read back in her middle school days. It had to deal with the Salem Witch Trials, where in one of the scenes a woman of the town was accused before the eyes of God, except this time with clothing rather than religion. At first she found it comical, thinking of how extreme the ideals were but soon realized that her mother was denounced as a myth to many.

"You know the bare chest policy!" She was so caught up in her merriment that she had neglected to notice Dei who was now accompany Murphy. "Oh! Uhm, excuse me." her laughter still managing to spill through. "I didn't know you had someone with you, hi there!" she called to him, waving from her place on Murphy's back.
Mochi paused for a moment, glancing over at murphy before he was too far out of sight. She didn't want to lose the guys on their first day in camp, they were all she had for the time being, and wasn't ready to let them go just yet. She knew it seemed a bit childish the way she enjoyed clinging to them but they were her first friends after all. A saving grace of sorts, she would think at times.

"Chrys, maybe we can save his introduction for later, I have to catch up with that one." she said, nodding her head in Murphy's general direction."It was great to meet you, I hope to see you again soon!" Her words were filled with sincerity, she wanted the nymph to know that she held a high respect for her already. Ayume ranked respect as one of the most valuable things a person can receive, and all that she had left to give in that moment.

She turned away from the pair, her steps light as she slowly jogged to catch up to Murphy. A small gasped escaped her lips when she saw him remove his shirt."Oh. My. Gods." she whispered, a large grin began to spread across her face as her pace sped up. "What do we have here?" She called out, her way of warning him of his impending fate.

She leaned forward, using the momentum she built up to spring herself off the ground, landing on Murphy's back. "Public indecency!" she shouted, holding on to him tightly. "Shame upon you! You womanizer! You offender! You exhibitionist! How dare you expose yourself! In front of the entire camp at that! Have you no shame? A modern day hussy! No respect for the eyes of the others!" She could barely hold in her laughter, her voice ringing out loud. It was a small ritual of hers, whenever she saw Murphy remove his shirt in public, something that happened a bit too frequently.

She never had to worry about Alec stripping in public as he normally kept himself covered up. Murphy on the other hand, had to be reminded that shirts weren't a necessity, but it was always nice to have on on you. The speech was one she derived from a play she read back in her middle school days. It had to deal with the Salem Witch Trials, where in one of the scenes a woman of the town was accused before the eyes of God, except this time with clothing rather than religion. At first she found it comical, thinking of how extreme the ideals were but soon realized that her mother was denounced as a myth to many.

"You know the bare chest policy!" She was so caught up in her merriment that she had neglected to notice Dei who was now accompany Murphy. "Oh! Uhm, excuse me." her laughter still managing to spill through. "I didn't know you had someone with you, hi there!" she called to him, waving from her place on Murphy's back.
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 19 20