Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Begin Anew [ FR RP - Closed ]
1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 75 76
The guardian sighed, the night (Afternoon?) wasn't really going too well for her, she felt tired, even if her hunger was now sated. She jumped with Myrrylen's sudden outburst, eyes snapping open. Her mouth opened in a hearty chuckle at the mention of the gladekeeper's "Hairy bush" though, the simple fact that the imperial's usual persona was completely shattered like that amused her, causing the guardian's mind to drift away for a bit. Maybe she WAS thinking and worrying too much, the group seemed to handle itself alright.

The guardian's thoughts were interrupted as her eyes drifted to the small puddle of water that Poam expelled with his wake. Hera was worried, eyes stuck on him as he seemed to be alright. The only way that he would get enough water to make him cough like that would be when he dove inside the cavern lake, and that made her frown. She didn't know if that would be the end of his problems. Maybe Archimedes already hurt someone after all, even if it was probably not on purpose.

Speaking of the dragon, the ridgeback arrived shortly after that. He definitely was an enormous dragon, his sheer size let the guardian hear his wings easily as the male approached. Hera already felt tense again, Archimedes carrying an tired Forsythia with him. Upon quick inspection, the guardian didn't see any new wound at the snapper's body and that filled her with relief. Archimedes was back, and even though she didn't like it, It would be cruel to try to convince him to leave. Hera couldn't hold her slightly annoyed look though. The female's eyes tried drifting once more until she got an idea. Her claws got a few pieces of meat as she got up. "I'll be watching you all from over there, if you need anything, just call me" The guardian spread her wings, immediately taking flight to avoid any conflict. She didn't think that she would be able to have a comfortable conversation with him there, at least, not now.

The female decided to fly through the lake. She saw Tigress flying in this direction alone before, and that worried her a bit. As she approached, the female heard the other... Singing? It was soothing, and it actually calmed the guardian's nerves. She was high in the air, but pure curiosity made her approach the wildclaw and her pet cautiously, eyes closing for a single moment to simply listen. Hera quietly landed, not entirely sure if Tigress noticed her yet. "I didn't know you could sing, What a pleasant surprise" The arcane dragon approached her, already feeling a lot better than before. "I hope you don't mind some company, I brought some snacks for you and Rowan"

She sat besides the wildclaw, taking a look at the lake before them. Her eyes gleamed, and it was an actual beautiful sight. The campfire was only a simple source of light, and the dragons around it would be perfect for a painting. She would probably call it something cheesy, and that brought another soft smile to the guardian. "You should really be sleeping though" Hera spoke as she handed the meat that she got from the campfire to Tigress, eyes still stuck on the landscape. "It will end biting you in the future if you're not careful"

As if she was some kind of example about that...
The guardian sighed, the night (Afternoon?) wasn't really going too well for her, she felt tired, even if her hunger was now sated. She jumped with Myrrylen's sudden outburst, eyes snapping open. Her mouth opened in a hearty chuckle at the mention of the gladekeeper's "Hairy bush" though, the simple fact that the imperial's usual persona was completely shattered like that amused her, causing the guardian's mind to drift away for a bit. Maybe she WAS thinking and worrying too much, the group seemed to handle itself alright.

The guardian's thoughts were interrupted as her eyes drifted to the small puddle of water that Poam expelled with his wake. Hera was worried, eyes stuck on him as he seemed to be alright. The only way that he would get enough water to make him cough like that would be when he dove inside the cavern lake, and that made her frown. She didn't know if that would be the end of his problems. Maybe Archimedes already hurt someone after all, even if it was probably not on purpose.

Speaking of the dragon, the ridgeback arrived shortly after that. He definitely was an enormous dragon, his sheer size let the guardian hear his wings easily as the male approached. Hera already felt tense again, Archimedes carrying an tired Forsythia with him. Upon quick inspection, the guardian didn't see any new wound at the snapper's body and that filled her with relief. Archimedes was back, and even though she didn't like it, It would be cruel to try to convince him to leave. Hera couldn't hold her slightly annoyed look though. The female's eyes tried drifting once more until she got an idea. Her claws got a few pieces of meat as she got up. "I'll be watching you all from over there, if you need anything, just call me" The guardian spread her wings, immediately taking flight to avoid any conflict. She didn't think that she would be able to have a comfortable conversation with him there, at least, not now.

The female decided to fly through the lake. She saw Tigress flying in this direction alone before, and that worried her a bit. As she approached, the female heard the other... Singing? It was soothing, and it actually calmed the guardian's nerves. She was high in the air, but pure curiosity made her approach the wildclaw and her pet cautiously, eyes closing for a single moment to simply listen. Hera quietly landed, not entirely sure if Tigress noticed her yet. "I didn't know you could sing, What a pleasant surprise" The arcane dragon approached her, already feeling a lot better than before. "I hope you don't mind some company, I brought some snacks for you and Rowan"

She sat besides the wildclaw, taking a look at the lake before them. Her eyes gleamed, and it was an actual beautiful sight. The campfire was only a simple source of light, and the dragons around it would be perfect for a painting. She would probably call it something cheesy, and that brought another soft smile to the guardian. "You should really be sleeping though" Hera spoke as she handed the meat that she got from the campfire to Tigress, eyes still stuck on the landscape. "It will end biting you in the future if you're not careful"

As if she was some kind of example about that...
(( Just here to say that I wrote Archi's element as arcane (instead of light) on my previous post for some reason and I just fixed it~ Sorry to chrys for the confusion ^^' And thanks a lot, jimmy, for pointing it out for me *hugs* ))
(( Just here to say that I wrote Archi's element as arcane (instead of light) on my previous post for some reason and I just fixed it~ Sorry to chrys for the confusion ^^' And thanks a lot, jimmy, for pointing it out for me *hugs* ))
mini.png
> Meias <
she | her

The old Anchorage
A Water & Wind Clan
100.png
Franklin limped his way into the expanse, wincing with each painful step. "Cowards", he grunted, trying to swing his fat neck around to see how bad the wound was on his hind left leg. All he could make out was the dried blood that caked it. He was in such a bad condition when he was chased out that they believed they would be giving him mercy by killing him. However, none of them could bring themselves to go through with it, so they left the horrid cut on his leg and left him to bleed out on his own, where they wouldn't have to watch his death. "All of them are cowards." It was miraculous that he made it so far in his current condition, especially since he had no idea how to treat it, let alone be able to reach it or even see it with his new body type. "You can't keep a good Tundra down," he said to himself, since right now he was the only company he had. He was the only company he needed anymore. He was branded an outcast now, all because of the blasted mutagen that turned him into this hideous creature. As the trees thinned out, he breathed an audible sigh of relief as he noticed the entrance to a cave a small distance away. Finally, a place to rest! He could scent other dragons, many of them. It was probably another clan, then. Well, never mind them. Right now, he just needed the cave, a place to recuperate his strength. He would defend the spot with whatever life he had left. With a wave of newfound determination, he began to painfully make his way over to the cave entrance.

(Franklin is officially in XD))
Franklin limped his way into the expanse, wincing with each painful step. "Cowards", he grunted, trying to swing his fat neck around to see how bad the wound was on his hind left leg. All he could make out was the dried blood that caked it. He was in such a bad condition when he was chased out that they believed they would be giving him mercy by killing him. However, none of them could bring themselves to go through with it, so they left the horrid cut on his leg and left him to bleed out on his own, where they wouldn't have to watch his death. "All of them are cowards." It was miraculous that he made it so far in his current condition, especially since he had no idea how to treat it, let alone be able to reach it or even see it with his new body type. "You can't keep a good Tundra down," he said to himself, since right now he was the only company he had. He was the only company he needed anymore. He was branded an outcast now, all because of the blasted mutagen that turned him into this hideous creature. As the trees thinned out, he breathed an audible sigh of relief as he noticed the entrance to a cave a small distance away. Finally, a place to rest! He could scent other dragons, many of them. It was probably another clan, then. Well, never mind them. Right now, he just needed the cave, a place to recuperate his strength. He would defend the spot with whatever life he had left. With a wave of newfound determination, he began to painfully make his way over to the cave entrance.

(Franklin is officially in XD))
_com__vermiculus_by_lostumbreon-dceio9o.png
Archimedes looked at the nocturne with concern. He barely heard the question, much more worried about the friendly dragon sputtering water. "I came back be... are you alright, Poam?" A sinking feeling overcame Archimedes. This was his fault. The fire dragon had jumped into the deep cavern pool after his lost glasses. And why? Because of a distaste over getting wet?
"Did you take in water earlier?" He had been under water for a while. Archimedes felt heavy guilt. If something were to happen to this dragon, he'd never feel right again. "You... You need warmth. Get that water out of your lungs. I recommend you sit-" in the crook of my wings "-by the fire. Or, if you're one of the dragons who can, sit directly on the coals."
Archimedes looked at the nocturne with concern. He barely heard the question, much more worried about the friendly dragon sputtering water. "I came back be... are you alright, Poam?" A sinking feeling overcame Archimedes. This was his fault. The fire dragon had jumped into the deep cavern pool after his lost glasses. And why? Because of a distaste over getting wet?
"Did you take in water earlier?" He had been under water for a while. Archimedes felt heavy guilt. If something were to happen to this dragon, he'd never feel right again. "You... You need warmth. Get that water out of your lungs. I recommend you sit-" in the crook of my wings "-by the fire. Or, if you're one of the dragons who can, sit directly on the coals."

Halss had been watching everyone shift and disperse, an almost weary look taking hold of her face. Was this really the group for her? There was a lot of tenseness, a lot of whining. She didn't know if she clicked well enough with these dragons. Perhaps she had fooled herself into thinking she was ready for a more social setting. Maybe she wasn't as ready as she wanted to admit.

She had been watching Poam with slight curiosity. She didn't know what was going on, but that certainly didn't seem healthy for a fire dragon. She looked away briefly, only to have her eye caught by a lumbering shape limping toward the cave. That didn't look like the Snapper.

Halss's thinking appearance quickly shifted, her feathers pricked as she spun around, eyes intently focused on the dragon. Was there anyone in the cave? The dragon looked almost sickly - perhaps he was infected.

"Hey!" the badly scarred Wildclaw barked concisely, more as a warning than a greeting. She took a few steps toward the entrance, tail swaying and eyes flashing with caution.

Halss had been watching everyone shift and disperse, an almost weary look taking hold of her face. Was this really the group for her? There was a lot of tenseness, a lot of whining. She didn't know if she clicked well enough with these dragons. Perhaps she had fooled herself into thinking she was ready for a more social setting. Maybe she wasn't as ready as she wanted to admit.

She had been watching Poam with slight curiosity. She didn't know what was going on, but that certainly didn't seem healthy for a fire dragon. She looked away briefly, only to have her eye caught by a lumbering shape limping toward the cave. That didn't look like the Snapper.

Halss's thinking appearance quickly shifted, her feathers pricked as she spun around, eyes intently focused on the dragon. Was there anyone in the cave? The dragon looked almost sickly - perhaps he was infected.

"Hey!" the badly scarred Wildclaw barked concisely, more as a warning than a greeting. She took a few steps toward the entrance, tail swaying and eyes flashing with caution.
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhIHd9PNx.gif
pop-up art shop

she/her
FR +3
Instinctively, the Bogsneak's headfans spread out, mainly as a form of intimidation. He hissed at the Wildclaw, and sunk his belly down to the foliage so as to protect it. His pale, dried out skin rippled painfully as he shifted his muscles, and through his tough demeanor, he let a wince escape his throat. If they were going to battle, they both knew who was going to win it. However, the Bogsneak could not back down. The Wildclaw could easily run at least five times faster than him, and that was if he was uninjured. If he did retreat, and this dragon did follow him and chased him out, he would sustain even more wounds, and there was little chance he would survive it. If he fought this dragon, however, his death would be quicker, and much more honorable. He did not trust the Wildclaw to let him go freely, either, so his only option was to stay and fight. "C-c'mon, then," he grunted, his voice failing him a bit. "If w-we're gonna fight, let's f-fight." He shut his eyes tightly against the pain as he adjusted himself into a position where he could attack the other dragon.
Instinctively, the Bogsneak's headfans spread out, mainly as a form of intimidation. He hissed at the Wildclaw, and sunk his belly down to the foliage so as to protect it. His pale, dried out skin rippled painfully as he shifted his muscles, and through his tough demeanor, he let a wince escape his throat. If they were going to battle, they both knew who was going to win it. However, the Bogsneak could not back down. The Wildclaw could easily run at least five times faster than him, and that was if he was uninjured. If he did retreat, and this dragon did follow him and chased him out, he would sustain even more wounds, and there was little chance he would survive it. If he fought this dragon, however, his death would be quicker, and much more honorable. He did not trust the Wildclaw to let him go freely, either, so his only option was to stay and fight. "C-c'mon, then," he grunted, his voice failing him a bit. "If w-we're gonna fight, let's f-fight." He shut his eyes tightly against the pain as he adjusted himself into a position where he could attack the other dragon.
_com__vermiculus_by_lostumbreon-dceio9o.png
Meri hungrily drank the substance, and some of his senses came back to him. "I don't know what I was thinking," he groaned. Flying out of the forest, Meri went into the cave - it was the most secure place in this area.

Or not.

Halss was faced off, aggressively, against a wounded Bogsneak. Another newcomer. On one hand, the Bogsneak was very aggressive. On the other, however, Halss wasn't the type to hurt a dragon, and the new dragon was quite badly wounded. I'll just take care of this then go to sleep, Meri promised himself. He walked over to the duo, making sure they knew he was there. "What in the name of the Weaver is going on here? I need my sleep."
Meri hungrily drank the substance, and some of his senses came back to him. "I don't know what I was thinking," he groaned. Flying out of the forest, Meri went into the cave - it was the most secure place in this area.

Or not.

Halss was faced off, aggressively, against a wounded Bogsneak. Another newcomer. On one hand, the Bogsneak was very aggressive. On the other, however, Halss wasn't the type to hurt a dragon, and the new dragon was quite badly wounded. I'll just take care of this then go to sleep, Meri promised himself. He walked over to the duo, making sure they knew he was there. "What in the name of the Weaver is going on here? I need my sleep."
05qhES2.png
Myrrylen stood, slightly frozen, by the sudden disappearance of her patient. Not quit sure what to make of it, she rubbed the leaf back into the ground. A disappointed frown graced her features, but she supposed that was it. Meri wasn't one to linger, nor did he care for her, she knew. Regaining composure, she walked around in a little circle, before disappearing deeper into the forest. She would find her way back come morning. Myrrylen had a lot on her mind, and she didn't feel like sleeping anymore. Might as well be the silent sentinel for all of the sleeping darlings in her clan.. Wait, clan? Her's? The dragoness laughed, her deep rumbling echoing through the endless sea of trees.
Myrrylen stood, slightly frozen, by the sudden disappearance of her patient. Not quit sure what to make of it, she rubbed the leaf back into the ground. A disappointed frown graced her features, but she supposed that was it. Meri wasn't one to linger, nor did he care for her, she knew. Regaining composure, she walked around in a little circle, before disappearing deeper into the forest. She would find her way back come morning. Myrrylen had a lot on her mind, and she didn't feel like sleeping anymore. Might as well be the silent sentinel for all of the sleeping darlings in her clan.. Wait, clan? Her's? The dragoness laughed, her deep rumbling echoing through the endless sea of trees.
"I'm perfectly fine!" The nocturne spat, frustration filling his words. "And don't start with pity, I want my question answered!" He came closer, neck stretching so he could approach the ridgeback. But as expected, their size difference was too clear to be ignored. He glared upwards, trying to find some sort of suspicious message on the ridgeback, but he didn't find one. Still, he was still disappointed about what the other had done with the clan, but it was difficult to comprehend or even explain what he was feeling.

The nocturne decide not to think much about it, and simply let the words flow as they appeared on his mind. "You just-" Coughing interrupted his speech, water coming out of his mouth again as he forced himself to talk. "left out for no reason- cough - A-And I thought that you'd want to stay- cough - We asked you to stay and you didn't even care!" He snarled, the scales on his tail straightening up. "And now you- cough Get back as nothing happened?! What you want me to think?!" He argued, his lungs complaining for air as he talked too fast. Though, he forced the need away, shooking his head for a moment, before continuing.

For a second, his glance fell to the ground, a sorrowful frown between his eyes as the words he had just said replayed on his mind. A few memories also flooded his thought, and gave them different and unrequited extra meanings. It didn't last long, about a second before he stomped a paw on the ground, returning his full attention to the dragon in front of him. "I want to know why you came back." He said his tone stronger than before, challengingly. "And if it's a meaningless reason, I won't let you stay." Spark came out of his mouth as his tongue clicked, his glare and voice deadly serious.
"I'm perfectly fine!" The nocturne spat, frustration filling his words. "And don't start with pity, I want my question answered!" He came closer, neck stretching so he could approach the ridgeback. But as expected, their size difference was too clear to be ignored. He glared upwards, trying to find some sort of suspicious message on the ridgeback, but he didn't find one. Still, he was still disappointed about what the other had done with the clan, but it was difficult to comprehend or even explain what he was feeling.

The nocturne decide not to think much about it, and simply let the words flow as they appeared on his mind. "You just-" Coughing interrupted his speech, water coming out of his mouth again as he forced himself to talk. "left out for no reason- cough - A-And I thought that you'd want to stay- cough - We asked you to stay and you didn't even care!" He snarled, the scales on his tail straightening up. "And now you- cough Get back as nothing happened?! What you want me to think?!" He argued, his lungs complaining for air as he talked too fast. Though, he forced the need away, shooking his head for a moment, before continuing.

For a second, his glance fell to the ground, a sorrowful frown between his eyes as the words he had just said replayed on his mind. A few memories also flooded his thought, and gave them different and unrequited extra meanings. It didn't last long, about a second before he stomped a paw on the ground, returning his full attention to the dragon in front of him. "I want to know why you came back." He said his tone stronger than before, challengingly. "And if it's a meaningless reason, I won't let you stay." Spark came out of his mouth as his tongue clicked, his glare and voice deadly serious.
mini.png
> Meias <
she | her

The old Anchorage
A Water & Wind Clan
100.png

Halss straightened herself a bit as the Bogsneak turned to her. Ugh, she had been hoping the bloke would just hustle away. The last thing she wanted to do was try to take down a blubbery mess.

"Don't push it then, dope," Halss croaked, her feathers laying back. She certainly didn't want a diseased dragon among them. She peered at the dragon for a few long moments. She got an...uneasy vibe. It took her a moment to realize it was actually familiarity. Why?

The Wildclaw was incredibly thankful when the Imperial landed beside her. She relaxed a bit, looking up to the Imperial expectantly. He probably knew more about this than she did. She didn't know why, but the dragon was making her awfully uncomfortable.

Halss straightened herself a bit as the Bogsneak turned to her. Ugh, she had been hoping the bloke would just hustle away. The last thing she wanted to do was try to take down a blubbery mess.

"Don't push it then, dope," Halss croaked, her feathers laying back. She certainly didn't want a diseased dragon among them. She peered at the dragon for a few long moments. She got an...uneasy vibe. It took her a moment to realize it was actually familiarity. Why?

The Wildclaw was incredibly thankful when the Imperial landed beside her. She relaxed a bit, looking up to the Imperial expectantly. He probably knew more about this than she did. She didn't know why, but the dragon was making her awfully uncomfortable.
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhIHd9PNx.gif
pop-up art shop

she/her
FR +3
1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 75 76