Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Into the Heart of the Swarm [Private]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
((Got it.))

Sans nodded. "I am." He said with a slight bow. "I am Sans Shadeslayer, Patriarch of the Delta Rune. You must excuse my warriors. I have left my clan slightly...vunerable. and, given recent events, I would rather not take any chances." He looked back at undyne, "can she fly?" He asked, nodding to diana.

Undyne glanced over at her apprentice, who nodded. "We'll be fine." She said.

"Then go. And tell amy I may be out late."

Without another word, the pair of warriors departed through the hole in the ceiling(? I mean it didnt close, did it?).

After the pair dissapeared, sans turned back tothe mirror. "Where were we...oh yes. Introductions. I am sans, this is my brother, papyrus, and tech, one of my advisors." He motioned to his to companions as he said their nwmes, and they nodded in greeting. "Now, I return your question. Are you the 'queen' of this 'cluster'?"
((Got it.))

Sans nodded. "I am." He said with a slight bow. "I am Sans Shadeslayer, Patriarch of the Delta Rune. You must excuse my warriors. I have left my clan slightly...vunerable. and, given recent events, I would rather not take any chances." He looked back at undyne, "can she fly?" He asked, nodding to diana.

Undyne glanced over at her apprentice, who nodded. "We'll be fine." She said.

"Then go. And tell amy I may be out late."

Without another word, the pair of warriors departed through the hole in the ceiling(? I mean it didnt close, did it?).

After the pair dissapeared, sans turned back tothe mirror. "Where were we...oh yes. Introductions. I am sans, this is my brother, papyrus, and tech, one of my advisors." He motioned to his to companions as he said their nwmes, and they nodded in greeting. "Now, I return your question. Are you the 'queen' of this 'cluster'?"
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
((Yeah, it didn't, haha.))

Ah, so he was the patriarch of this clan. The air of authority he exuded and the confidence with which he commanded the massive Imperial (who immediately obeyed, along with her slightly smaller companion) were proof enough to the Mirror, who then decided to relax her already tensed muscles and shift to a slightly more relaxed and respectful demeanor. Warriors were to be met with the same intent to maim or slay that they themselves displayed, under the banner of combat; leaders who did not display this kind of resolve were therefore not to be treated like fighters, but with civility and less violent conduct. Head held high, the blood-red feathers of her headdress flaring outward in all directions, she answered, "Indeed. I am Kerrigan, the Harbinger of Pestilence; Queen of the Swarm; Handmaid of the Plaguebringer."

When his Queen's brief, dramatic introduction was over- she never introduced anybody but herself or the Swarm, really- the little Fae spoke up, his voice far louder than his body would allow without magic. "Leviathan, Director of the Horde, at your service. This is Kakkab, our Architect and one of our foremost Harbingers- or, rather, warriors." Easily the largest dragon present now that the Imperial had departed, the Ridgeback bowed his head in respect. Gesturing toward the Bogsneak, Levi continued. "The Keeper of the Horde- one of our Lair Guardians, that is- is the Bogsneak you met, Antigo- oh, she's disappeared, it seems." Sure enough, the dragon in question was no longer present; it appeared that she had snuck off at some point, perhaps having lost interest or gathered sufficient information to sate her curiosity.

Undeterred, and wishing to construct a bigger picture of what was happening, the Fae spoke again. "It appears that the signs Kakkab had constructed to mark our lair's presence and location had somehow been destroyed or pilfered while our attention was divided from the surface up above. To ensure that another skirmish and misunderstanding like this does not happen again, we will take care to construct more permanent markers." The Ridgeback, who loomed so large due to his stature, seemed to shrink a little bit in self-consciousness, when Levi mentioned it. "Your warriors appear to have come from a long journey, as they had opted to rest in this part of the Scarred Wasteland. If it would not be intrusive, might I ask what business they had in the area? It is not so often that we encounter powerful dragons in such small numbers from outside of the Filthy One's domain."
((Yeah, it didn't, haha.))

Ah, so he was the patriarch of this clan. The air of authority he exuded and the confidence with which he commanded the massive Imperial (who immediately obeyed, along with her slightly smaller companion) were proof enough to the Mirror, who then decided to relax her already tensed muscles and shift to a slightly more relaxed and respectful demeanor. Warriors were to be met with the same intent to maim or slay that they themselves displayed, under the banner of combat; leaders who did not display this kind of resolve were therefore not to be treated like fighters, but with civility and less violent conduct. Head held high, the blood-red feathers of her headdress flaring outward in all directions, she answered, "Indeed. I am Kerrigan, the Harbinger of Pestilence; Queen of the Swarm; Handmaid of the Plaguebringer."

When his Queen's brief, dramatic introduction was over- she never introduced anybody but herself or the Swarm, really- the little Fae spoke up, his voice far louder than his body would allow without magic. "Leviathan, Director of the Horde, at your service. This is Kakkab, our Architect and one of our foremost Harbingers- or, rather, warriors." Easily the largest dragon present now that the Imperial had departed, the Ridgeback bowed his head in respect. Gesturing toward the Bogsneak, Levi continued. "The Keeper of the Horde- one of our Lair Guardians, that is- is the Bogsneak you met, Antigo- oh, she's disappeared, it seems." Sure enough, the dragon in question was no longer present; it appeared that she had snuck off at some point, perhaps having lost interest or gathered sufficient information to sate her curiosity.

Undeterred, and wishing to construct a bigger picture of what was happening, the Fae spoke again. "It appears that the signs Kakkab had constructed to mark our lair's presence and location had somehow been destroyed or pilfered while our attention was divided from the surface up above. To ensure that another skirmish and misunderstanding like this does not happen again, we will take care to construct more permanent markers." The Ridgeback, who loomed so large due to his stature, seemed to shrink a little bit in self-consciousness, when Levi mentioned it. "Your warriors appear to have come from a long journey, as they had opted to rest in this part of the Scarred Wasteland. If it would not be intrusive, might I ask what business they had in the area? It is not so often that we encounter powerful dragons in such small numbers from outside of the Filthy One's domain."
FR+16/GMT+8
tumblr_omqed5Uw7v1r6j4feo1_100.png
CtM8cLF.png
i like free things
Od6mP8b.png
"Well." sans said before he could stop himself. "When you are powerful you don't really need to travel in large groups."

Papyrus grumbled under his breath, which brought a smile to sans's face. "Anyway. With a lair such as this, you may be able to get by without any markers." Sans said, "Unless your welcome party was there to greet us, we never would've found it."

"As for the business they had..." Sans paused for a moment, collecting his thoughts. Undyne had left in quite a hurry, and had practically dragged Diana out the door. "I believe a friend of hers, who lives in a nearby clan, has recently passed. They had gone to pay their respects."
"Well." sans said before he could stop himself. "When you are powerful you don't really need to travel in large groups."

Papyrus grumbled under his breath, which brought a smile to sans's face. "Anyway. With a lair such as this, you may be able to get by without any markers." Sans said, "Unless your welcome party was there to greet us, we never would've found it."

"As for the business they had..." Sans paused for a moment, collecting his thoughts. Undyne had left in quite a hurry, and had practically dragged Diana out the door. "I believe a friend of hers, who lives in a nearby clan, has recently passed. They had gone to pay their respects."
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
Both males either nodded or chuckled in agreement at Sans' words; only Kerrigan thought to protest. "It is more sensible to have a pack of dragons that can slay ten others rather than to only have two that can do so, is it not?" Was that not the advantage of being in a swarm, surrounded by equally powerful comrades?

Before she could be answered, though, the Skydancer answered Levi's question. "No wonder they were so feisty," Kakkab murmured. Incidentally, he wanted to say that really, the only reason that the others made such a fuss of placing markers was because the boss didn't just want outsiders to not see the lair, but wanted them away from it. "Ah... our condolences. It was not very evident from her demeanor." It's true, though. Having been in the Brain, he'd seen the Imp's rather fierce and straightforward personality. Perhaps she was not the type to easily share her deeper emotions, or coped through sublimation.
Both males either nodded or chuckled in agreement at Sans' words; only Kerrigan thought to protest. "It is more sensible to have a pack of dragons that can slay ten others rather than to only have two that can do so, is it not?" Was that not the advantage of being in a swarm, surrounded by equally powerful comrades?

Before she could be answered, though, the Skydancer answered Levi's question. "No wonder they were so feisty," Kakkab murmured. Incidentally, he wanted to say that really, the only reason that the others made such a fuss of placing markers was because the boss didn't just want outsiders to not see the lair, but wanted them away from it. "Ah... our condolences. It was not very evident from her demeanor." It's true, though. Having been in the Brain, he'd seen the Imp's rather fierce and straightforward personality. Perhaps she was not the type to easily share her deeper emotions, or coped through sublimation.
FR+16/GMT+8
CtM8cLF.png
i like free things
Od6mP8b.png
(May be a little spotty for a bit with finals and whatnot.))

Sans simply shrugged at the mirror's answer. He had not come to debate battle tactics, and everyone had the right to their own opinion. "Thank you," he said to the fae. "But i did not know this friend of theirs. My mate, Amelia, knew them better then I. But, from what i have been able to gather, They were a mercenary who fell in the line of fire. Nonetheless, it is not my place to discuss the private matters of others."

Sans took a discreet glance back at the coatl who stood behind him before moving his gaze back to the fae. "Not many can claim that they have bested my general in open combat. How did you accomplish it?" he asked.
(May be a little spotty for a bit with finals and whatnot.))

Sans simply shrugged at the mirror's answer. He had not come to debate battle tactics, and everyone had the right to their own opinion. "Thank you," he said to the fae. "But i did not know this friend of theirs. My mate, Amelia, knew them better then I. But, from what i have been able to gather, They were a mercenary who fell in the line of fire. Nonetheless, it is not my place to discuss the private matters of others."

Sans took a discreet glance back at the coatl who stood behind him before moving his gaze back to the fae. "Not many can claim that they have bested my general in open combat. How did you accomplish it?" he asked.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
((no prob! I should actually spend way less time on here as well cause I too have finals))

The Mirror shifted uncomfortably, the rather humiliating game of chase where she was prey still fresh in her mind. Levi turned and nodded at the Ridgeback, so large the Fae almost seemed like a fly compared to the giant. "Had to take the smaller one down, first. Didn't actually know it'd work; my comrade was at a disadvantage fighting that Guardian alone." Kakkab grimaced. "She's like a one-dragon army, that Imperial. Can't beat her in direct combat, not unless you were as big and tough as her. It was only when we'd subdued her companion that she raised the white flag."
((no prob! I should actually spend way less time on here as well cause I too have finals))

The Mirror shifted uncomfortably, the rather humiliating game of chase where she was prey still fresh in her mind. Levi turned and nodded at the Ridgeback, so large the Fae almost seemed like a fly compared to the giant. "Had to take the smaller one down, first. Didn't actually know it'd work; my comrade was at a disadvantage fighting that Guardian alone." Kakkab grimaced. "She's like a one-dragon army, that Imperial. Can't beat her in direct combat, not unless you were as big and tough as her. It was only when we'd subdued her companion that she raised the white flag."
FR+16/GMT+8
CtM8cLF.png
i like free things
Od6mP8b.png
Two of the three dragons had a look of surprise, the third, sans, had a look of glint in his eye. "That would explain it." he said. "Though, we will gladly help repair any damage that was done."

"You'd be surprised how often things like this happen." The coatl chimed in until sans gave them a very disturbing smile. The coatl shivered slightly, but silenced themselves afterward.

"Anyway," Sans continued. "I'm sure we can turn this around. Despite any initial impressions my warriors may have made, The Creed is a peaceful group. You are a new clan, no? We have plentiful supplies. Something i know is scarce around these parts."
Two of the three dragons had a look of surprise, the third, sans, had a look of glint in his eye. "That would explain it." he said. "Though, we will gladly help repair any damage that was done."

"You'd be surprised how often things like this happen." The coatl chimed in until sans gave them a very disturbing smile. The coatl shivered slightly, but silenced themselves afterward.

"Anyway," Sans continued. "I'm sure we can turn this around. Despite any initial impressions my warriors may have made, The Creed is a peaceful group. You are a new clan, no? We have plentiful supplies. Something i know is scarce around these parts."
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
((I actually checked out Undyne's and Diana's bio, and found that Diana's father happened to also be one of Undyne's offspring... so technically, that means Diana is, like, Undyne's granddaughter, right? Does this hold true as well in lore or is it just in the meta?))

((also, before I continue, do you feel squeamish about face wounds and the like? might I ask how detailed I can be in describing such things?))
((I actually checked out Undyne's and Diana's bio, and found that Diana's father happened to also be one of Undyne's offspring... so technically, that means Diana is, like, Undyne's granddaughter, right? Does this hold true as well in lore or is it just in the meta?))

((also, before I continue, do you feel squeamish about face wounds and the like? might I ask how detailed I can be in describing such things?))
FR+16/GMT+8
CtM8cLF.png
i like free things
Od6mP8b.png
((No canon there. Long story short, I ship junior off to a friend because they made lretty babisz, and diana was the result. Undye's 'son' doesnt technically exisit.)

(Go nuts. I've never had a problem with gore or blood, probably never will.
((No canon there. Long story short, I ship junior off to a friend because they made lretty babisz, and diana was the result. Undye's 'son' doesnt technically exisit.)

(Go nuts. I've never had a problem with gore or blood, probably never will.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
((Ooh, okay. By any chance, though, is it Diana's biological mother who passed away, that the two went to see?))

Kakkab looked at the Coatl behind the Skydancer, with visibly piqued curiosity. At the same time, the Fae glanced at his matriarch before responding. As much as Leviathan handled much of the diplomatic affairs and often ended up looking like the one who was really in charge of the clan, Kerrigan still held the highest authority and therefore was to be deferred to when it came to making important decisions for the Swarm.

After a few moments of silent deliberation, the pair turned to Sans; it was the Mirror who spoke, after sizing the leader of this Creed he spoke of, and his two companions. "Supplies, we have access to; an alliance with capable warriors, not often." Four red eyes gleamed under the birdskull before its wearer lifted it off, revealing a gruesome sight: a festering abrasion that made up most of the Mirror's face, as though half of her face have been carved off, riddled with yellowish ooze and pus. Through cracks and spaces between the mucoid discharge, one could-- if they peered close enough-- see moist tissue in the seemingly interminable process of healing. Behind her, the Ridgeback permitted himself a smirk. What would their visitors think of the matriarch's show of confidence and trust? Kerrigan continued, "To have an ally whom we may combine our strengths with would be a greater boon."

This time, the Fae said nothing. In the first place, he was not quite sure if the Skydancer merely meant to ask for the permission to show an act of goodwill, or if he wished to become allies. It was, frankly, the latter that he knew Kerrigan, and he himself, hoped for. It was true that obtaining sustenance was difficult in the Plaguebringer's domain, but Kakkab's knowledge of the land as well as his construction of a tunnel to the Sea of a Thousand Currents had thus sustained the clan so far. The chance to form a solid alliance with another powerful clan, even from across Sornieth, came only once in an age.
((Ooh, okay. By any chance, though, is it Diana's biological mother who passed away, that the two went to see?))

Kakkab looked at the Coatl behind the Skydancer, with visibly piqued curiosity. At the same time, the Fae glanced at his matriarch before responding. As much as Leviathan handled much of the diplomatic affairs and often ended up looking like the one who was really in charge of the clan, Kerrigan still held the highest authority and therefore was to be deferred to when it came to making important decisions for the Swarm.

After a few moments of silent deliberation, the pair turned to Sans; it was the Mirror who spoke, after sizing the leader of this Creed he spoke of, and his two companions. "Supplies, we have access to; an alliance with capable warriors, not often." Four red eyes gleamed under the birdskull before its wearer lifted it off, revealing a gruesome sight: a festering abrasion that made up most of the Mirror's face, as though half of her face have been carved off, riddled with yellowish ooze and pus. Through cracks and spaces between the mucoid discharge, one could-- if they peered close enough-- see moist tissue in the seemingly interminable process of healing. Behind her, the Ridgeback permitted himself a smirk. What would their visitors think of the matriarch's show of confidence and trust? Kerrigan continued, "To have an ally whom we may combine our strengths with would be a greater boon."

This time, the Fae said nothing. In the first place, he was not quite sure if the Skydancer merely meant to ask for the permission to show an act of goodwill, or if he wished to become allies. It was, frankly, the latter that he knew Kerrigan, and he himself, hoped for. It was true that obtaining sustenance was difficult in the Plaguebringer's domain, but Kakkab's knowledge of the land as well as his construction of a tunnel to the Sea of a Thousand Currents had thus sustained the clan so far. The chance to form a solid alliance with another powerful clan, even from across Sornieth, came only once in an age.
FR+16/GMT+8
CtM8cLF.png
i like free things
Od6mP8b.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10