Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Into the Heart of the Swarm [Private]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26550796] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/265508/26550796_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30451440] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/304515/30451440_350.png[/img] [/url] The two females were flying low, and fast. They were returning home from a routine delivery to an ally in the abiding boneyard, and it had ended up being a big depressing ordeal. Undyne looked up at the setting sun, slowing her pace and motioning for her guardian compianion to do the same as they slowly came to a stop in the red...something. She couldn't figure out what the red surface beneath their claws was, and frankly, she hoped she never did. "We'll rest here for the night." Undyne said, pulling out a map and looking it over. As far as she knew, this area was unclaimed, so they should be safe, save for the beasts. But they were easily handled. "We'll set up camp and wait out the night, then leave at first light." --- @ZephTheCatLady I am subbed, also, maybe you could 'capture' the pair, prompting them to escape, and chaos insues. We could still go with the original plan, of course, just an idea that popped in my head.

26550796_350.png

30451440_350.png

The two females were flying low, and fast. They were returning home from a routine delivery to an ally in the abiding boneyard, and it had ended up being a big depressing ordeal. Undyne looked up at the setting sun, slowing her pace and motioning for her guardian compianion to do the same as they slowly came to a stop in the red...something. She couldn't figure out what the red surface beneath their claws was, and frankly, she hoped she never did.

"We'll rest here for the night." Undyne said, pulling out a map and looking it over. As far as she knew, this area was unclaimed, so they should be safe, save for the beasts. But they were easily handled. "We'll set up camp and wait out the night, then leave at first light."
---
@ZephTheCatLady I am subbed, also, maybe you could 'capture' the pair, prompting them to escape, and chaos insues. We could still go with the original plan, of course, just an idea that popped in my head.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31470771] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/314708/31470771_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31470770] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/314708/31470770_350.png[/img] [/url] Deep below the epidermic layers of the Wandering Contagion was a small network of chambers much like an ant's nest- none less disgusting to the unaccustomed dragon, of course, thanks to the faintly throbbing, pinkish-mauve (or mauve-pink?) walls riddled with what looked like veins and pustules. At what served as the current heart of the lair, where most of the tendrils coming from the surface were bundled up, lay a Fae; his frills twitched and fluttered, a sign that he was tapped into the energy of the immediate world around him. Due to his frail build, he preferred to remain in the safety of his quarters, like the nucleus of a cell. Leviathan's little den reminded the other dragons of a brain- which suit him fine, since his primary duty was to gather information. So long as it crawled upon the festering skin of the Contagion or tread upon one of the "nerves" that sprawled along the walls and floors, Levi could tell its form, and whether it was food, friend, or foe. "... Dragons," he muttered, deep in concentration. In the corners of the room where the light of the luminescent bacteria, thriving in pustules either on the wall or hanging from the ceiling, could not reach, a Mirror dragon lurked. "Two of them... Unfamiliar. But-" "Send Ignition and Kakkab to the north and west burrows respectively. We're engaging them." "Kerrigan, they might not be-" But the Mirror was gone. Levi inwardly shrugged; that's how she was, whatever the disturbance was. Perhaps she figured it would be either predator or prey; after all, there were no friends in the Plaguebringer's domain for a newly-established clan. ----- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31453720] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/314538/31453720_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31374188] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/313742/31374188_350.png[/img] [/url] Whatever dangled from the skeletal form of a tree exploded in an imploding cloud of Shadow-imbued magic. A Coatl, wrapped in an equally-magical (if not [i]more[/i] magical) Woodsdrake Cape, hovered over the shriveled ground about three meters away. "Hah! This is getting easier every time." With an expression of triumph on his face, he looked at his Bogsneak clanmate. Antigone stared at him blankly. The Somber Spirit that had accompanied her journey since she emerged from a tiny, cosmic sphere of energy likewise stared at the Coatl, as it floated by its charge. "Oh, come on! You [i]can[/i] tell I've gotten better at this, right?" Moses' wings fluttered in agitation the way they always did when he was exasperated. The Bogsneak, stoic and frugal with her words, merely pointed her snout towards the setting sun. Soon, it would be time for the den to awaken and go about their chores. "Bah. They haven't been able to figure out what we-" Antigone looked at him with the tiniest hint of disdain. "-okay, I've been up to this far, thanks to my magic. Not even the brain could tell two grown dragons- two!- have been entering and leaving the lair! I'm almost done, anyway. You don't have to be so nervous." But any happening bystander, even the maggots that crawled upon the decaying ground, could tell that [i]he[/i] was the more anxious between the both of them, really. ----- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31137373] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/311374/31137373_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31146065] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/311461/31146065_350.png[/img] [/url] "Is... Is the chief serious about this? Those dragons look... well... y'know, a little out of our league," said the Nocturne, frowning through the Birdskull helmet. After a quick peep through the one of the little seeing-holes, hidden underneath an unassuming muck-covered boulder, Ignition decided that although she could probably tangle with the Guardian- [i]probably[/i]-, she would not want to mess with the Imperial. The Guardian alone seemed like a formidable enough foe on its own, like a Greatshell. The Imperial, on the other hand... she wasn't sure if even Kakkab, the Ridgeback whom she now addressed, could tackle it and come out without a broken wing or two. "Just imagine we're dealing with a couple of Shattered Serpents. Really big prey." Kakkab stared up at the pulsing ceiling above them (if one looked closely enough, it really seemed to be [i]slithering[/i] more than anything else), as though he could envision the intruders. The Fae had relayed Kerrigan's instructions to them: take a triangular formation surrounding the Imperial and the Guardian and, upon the Mirror's signal, leap upon and drag them into the lair. "You should get back to your position; any moment now, she's going to give the green light to attack." Reluctantly, Ignition nodded and crept along the corridor to stand underneath her designated burrow. "I could never really get that "green light" metaphor... What's a 'stoplight', anyway?" she murmured to nobody in particular. Ten seconds later, audible (albeit muffled) even from where the resting Imperial and Guardian pair lay, a Mirror shrieked. The next moment, a Mirror and a Nocturne, both donning the skulls of huge birds and covered with the red goop from the earth, leapt at them; a Ridgeback similarly emerged from the slime-covered terrain and, spreading his wings, charged at the duo. ----- @Comic1Sans I like that idea, actually! An attempt to capture it is. Also, apologies for the really long text... felt like adding a bit more introductory dialogue .w.;;

31470771_350.png

31470770_350.png

Deep below the epidermic layers of the Wandering Contagion was a small network of chambers much like an ant's nest- none less disgusting to the unaccustomed dragon, of course, thanks to the faintly throbbing, pinkish-mauve (or mauve-pink?) walls riddled with what looked like veins and pustules.

At what served as the current heart of the lair, where most of the tendrils coming from the surface were bundled up, lay a Fae; his frills twitched and fluttered, a sign that he was tapped into the energy of the immediate world around him. Due to his frail build, he preferred to remain in the safety of his quarters, like the nucleus of a cell. Leviathan's little den reminded the other dragons of a brain- which suit him fine, since his primary duty was to gather information. So long as it crawled upon the festering skin of the Contagion or tread upon one of the "nerves" that sprawled along the walls and floors, Levi could tell its form, and whether it was food, friend, or foe.

"... Dragons," he muttered, deep in concentration. In the corners of the room where the light of the luminescent bacteria, thriving in pustules either on the wall or hanging from the ceiling, could not reach, a Mirror dragon lurked. "Two of them... Unfamiliar. But-"

"Send Ignition and Kakkab to the north and west burrows respectively. We're engaging them."

"Kerrigan, they might not be-" But the Mirror was gone. Levi inwardly shrugged; that's how she was, whatever the disturbance was. Perhaps she figured it would be either predator or prey; after all, there were no friends in the Plaguebringer's domain for a newly-established clan.

31453720_350.png

31374188_350.png

Whatever dangled from the skeletal form of a tree exploded in an imploding cloud of Shadow-imbued magic.

A Coatl, wrapped in an equally-magical (if not more magical) Woodsdrake Cape, hovered over the shriveled ground about three meters away. "Hah! This is getting easier every time." With an expression of triumph on his face, he looked at his Bogsneak clanmate.

Antigone stared at him blankly. The Somber Spirit that had accompanied her journey since she emerged from a tiny, cosmic sphere of energy likewise stared at the Coatl, as it floated by its charge.

"Oh, come on! You can tell I've gotten better at this, right?" Moses' wings fluttered in agitation the way they always did when he was exasperated. The Bogsneak, stoic and frugal with her words, merely pointed her snout towards the setting sun. Soon, it would be time for the den to awaken and go about their chores. "Bah. They haven't been able to figure out what we-" Antigone looked at him with the tiniest hint of disdain. "-okay, I've been up to this far, thanks to my magic. Not even the brain could tell two grown dragons- two!- have been entering and leaving the lair! I'm almost done, anyway. You don't have to be so nervous." But any happening bystander, even the maggots that crawled upon the decaying ground, could tell that he was the more anxious between the both of them, really.

31137373_350.png

31146065_350.png

"Is... Is the chief serious about this? Those dragons look... well... y'know, a little out of our league," said the Nocturne, frowning through the Birdskull helmet. After a quick peep through the one of the little seeing-holes, hidden underneath an unassuming muck-covered boulder, Ignition decided that although she could probably tangle with the Guardian- probably-, she would not want to mess with the Imperial. The Guardian alone seemed like a formidable enough foe on its own, like a Greatshell. The Imperial, on the other hand... she wasn't sure if even Kakkab, the Ridgeback whom she now addressed, could tackle it and come out without a broken wing or two.

"Just imagine we're dealing with a couple of Shattered Serpents. Really big prey." Kakkab stared up at the pulsing ceiling above them (if one looked closely enough, it really seemed to be slithering more than anything else), as though he could envision the intruders. The Fae had relayed Kerrigan's instructions to them: take a triangular formation surrounding the Imperial and the Guardian and, upon the Mirror's signal, leap upon and drag them into the lair. "You should get back to your position; any moment now, she's going to give the green light to attack." Reluctantly, Ignition nodded and crept along the corridor to stand underneath her designated burrow. "I could never really get that "green light" metaphor... What's a 'stoplight', anyway?" she murmured to nobody in particular.

Ten seconds later, audible (albeit muffled) even from where the resting Imperial and Guardian pair lay, a Mirror shrieked. The next moment, a Mirror and a Nocturne, both donning the skulls of huge birds and covered with the red goop from the earth, leapt at them; a Ridgeback similarly emerged from the slime-covered terrain and, spreading his wings, charged at the duo.

@Comic1Sans I like that idea, actually! An attempt to capture it is. Also, apologies for the really long text... felt like adding a bit more introductory dialogue .w.;;
FR+16/GMT+8
tumblr_omqed5Uw7v1r6j4feo1_100.png
CtM8cLF.png
i like free things
Od6mP8b.png
((You're good. I like to read. Ill do the best I can to match it.))

Something was off. That acute warrior sense that only came from having made it through countless ambushes told her that something was not quite right. And, one top of that, there was a feeling of being watched. No sooner had the blue imp finished her thought, then a trio of dragons sprung from the ground beneath them and charged from three different directions, trapping then in.

For Undyne, time seemed to slow to a standstill as she quickly examined the situation. 3 dragons. A mirror to the right, a nocturne to the left,and what looked to be a ridgeback behind her. All advancing, all hostile. The ridgy was the most dangerous threat at first glance. She locked eyes with her guardian companion, and, in that split second gaze, she passed on the orders.

Without a word, she rounded on the ridgeback, leaving the two smaller dragons to the guardian. She braced herself and began to charge a bolt. Her open maw glowed bright blue and she waited until she was sure she wouldn't miss before she unleashed a volley of lightning towards the advancing ridgeback.

The guardian, however, took a different approach. She leaped in the air, her armored fins collapsing to form a second layer of armor as she dove back down towards the fast approaching mirror. Her claws glowed red as she swiped at the smaller dragon with a swing of her sharp talons, aiming to knock the mirror to the ground.

@ZephTheCatLady
((You're good. I like to read. Ill do the best I can to match it.))

Something was off. That acute warrior sense that only came from having made it through countless ambushes told her that something was not quite right. And, one top of that, there was a feeling of being watched. No sooner had the blue imp finished her thought, then a trio of dragons sprung from the ground beneath them and charged from three different directions, trapping then in.

For Undyne, time seemed to slow to a standstill as she quickly examined the situation. 3 dragons. A mirror to the right, a nocturne to the left,and what looked to be a ridgeback behind her. All advancing, all hostile. The ridgy was the most dangerous threat at first glance. She locked eyes with her guardian companion, and, in that split second gaze, she passed on the orders.

Without a word, she rounded on the ridgeback, leaving the two smaller dragons to the guardian. She braced herself and began to charge a bolt. Her open maw glowed bright blue and she waited until she was sure she wouldn't miss before she unleashed a volley of lightning towards the advancing ridgeback.

The guardian, however, took a different approach. She leaped in the air, her armored fins collapsing to form a second layer of armor as she dove back down towards the fast approaching mirror. Her claws glowed red as she swiped at the smaller dragon with a swing of her sharp talons, aiming to knock the mirror to the ground.

@ZephTheCatLady
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
The lightning hit hard and hit fast. Kakkab had only a fraction of a second to brace himself with his wings, but no dragon could take a bolt of electricity head-on unscathed... Especially with little endurance against magic. Maw open in a silent howl of pain, the Ridgeback lost control of himself and tumbled toward the Imperial like a violently writhing dragon boulder. The only cohesive thought he had was "Cerena's going to kill me for agreeing to this" as he dipped in and out of consciousness.

Kerrigan, however, was quicker and lighter on her limbs. Thank the Plaguebringer for blessing Mirrors with limber bodies. And unlike Kakkab, she knew better than to go for an aerial attack; once you flung yourself into the wind, you were helpless to counterattacks unless you could pull your wings out fast enough. So much for occupying the Imp. With ease, she sidestepped the incoming reptilian meteor and dove for the Imperial, claws beginning to glow a nauseating blend of red and greenish-brown. The Foul One bringeth the swarm, she recited mentally, confidently. I am merely the harbinger. Imbued with the essence of pestilence, brought down her claws toward the Imperial's neck.

Not far away, Ignition rose above the attacking Guardian. "Hey, you! Don't mess with our turf!" Yeah, that sounds intimidating enough, Ignition thought, mentally patting herself on the wing. Resisting terribly the urge to divebomb her opponent, she instead, much like the Imperial, let her jaw slack and charged a bolt. Air molecules began to gather and crystalllize into a pale bluish-white sphere of energy until the Nocturne loosed it in a concentrated blast of frigid wind.

Something far away exploded, and this time, it wasn't clumps of fungus. Or Shadow energy-induced.

"That came from the base," Moses said, confounded. Antigone merely nodded and crept in its direction, leaving the bewildered Coatl to follow her, flustered and sputtering Wait and I don't think we should come any closer repeatedly.
The lightning hit hard and hit fast. Kakkab had only a fraction of a second to brace himself with his wings, but no dragon could take a bolt of electricity head-on unscathed... Especially with little endurance against magic. Maw open in a silent howl of pain, the Ridgeback lost control of himself and tumbled toward the Imperial like a violently writhing dragon boulder. The only cohesive thought he had was "Cerena's going to kill me for agreeing to this" as he dipped in and out of consciousness.

Kerrigan, however, was quicker and lighter on her limbs. Thank the Plaguebringer for blessing Mirrors with limber bodies. And unlike Kakkab, she knew better than to go for an aerial attack; once you flung yourself into the wind, you were helpless to counterattacks unless you could pull your wings out fast enough. So much for occupying the Imp. With ease, she sidestepped the incoming reptilian meteor and dove for the Imperial, claws beginning to glow a nauseating blend of red and greenish-brown. The Foul One bringeth the swarm, she recited mentally, confidently. I am merely the harbinger. Imbued with the essence of pestilence, brought down her claws toward the Imperial's neck.

Not far away, Ignition rose above the attacking Guardian. "Hey, you! Don't mess with our turf!" Yeah, that sounds intimidating enough, Ignition thought, mentally patting herself on the wing. Resisting terribly the urge to divebomb her opponent, she instead, much like the Imperial, let her jaw slack and charged a bolt. Air molecules began to gather and crystalllize into a pale bluish-white sphere of energy until the Nocturne loosed it in a concentrated blast of frigid wind.

Something far away exploded, and this time, it wasn't clumps of fungus. Or Shadow energy-induced.

"That came from the base," Moses said, confounded. Antigone merely nodded and crept in its direction, leaving the bewildered Coatl to follow her, flustered and sputtering Wait and I don't think we should come any closer repeatedly.
FR+16/GMT+8
CtM8cLF.png
i like free things
Od6mP8b.png
The guardian grunted as she made contact with empty air and nearly lost her balance. The nocturne's words barely registered as she turned to face them. She raised her arm in front of her as a sort of child from the bolt of blistering cold and the ground beneath her sprang to life and formed a barrier that froze once the bolt made contact.

She had spent half her childhood surviving in this harsh and unforgiving wilderness, and had learned to bend the diseased terrain to her will. "The ice has no place here, small fry." She snarled as she dug her claws into thr ground and scooped up a chuck of red earth before sending it flying towards the noc and following quickly after. Her claws glowed red as she pounced at the smaller dragon, aiming to pin them beneath her larger frame.

The imp saw the mirror out of the coner of her eye, and sidestepped at the last moment so instead of crashing into her, the mirror slammed into the rolling ridgeback. "You're gonna have to try a little harder then that!" She said with a laugh. She hadn't had a proper fight in ages, and she had forgotten how intoxicating it was. "Bring it, punk!" She snarled at the mirror, readying herself.
The guardian grunted as she made contact with empty air and nearly lost her balance. The nocturne's words barely registered as she turned to face them. She raised her arm in front of her as a sort of child from the bolt of blistering cold and the ground beneath her sprang to life and formed a barrier that froze once the bolt made contact.

She had spent half her childhood surviving in this harsh and unforgiving wilderness, and had learned to bend the diseased terrain to her will. "The ice has no place here, small fry." She snarled as she dug her claws into thr ground and scooped up a chuck of red earth before sending it flying towards the noc and following quickly after. Her claws glowed red as she pounced at the smaller dragon, aiming to pin them beneath her larger frame.

The imp saw the mirror out of the coner of her eye, and sidestepped at the last moment so instead of crashing into her, the mirror slammed into the rolling ridgeback. "You're gonna have to try a little harder then that!" She said with a laugh. She hadn't had a proper fight in ages, and she had forgotten how intoxicating it was. "Bring it, punk!" She snarled at the mirror, readying herself.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
Down below, Levi felt the pulse of the battle. It had been a while since Kerrigan and her so-called Warriors (a funny, somewhat pretentious-sounding name to the Fae, given that the Warriors really only were two other dragons) had come across strong opponents, and he was certain that this time the Mirror bit off more than she could chew. The way the Imperial and the Guardian on the surface moved showed that they were battle-hardened veterans, not mere nomadic hostile dragons, or skirmishing beasts. If the fight worsened, there was nobody else to send up, save for the Spiral and his and Kerrigan's offspring. Certainly he could not intervene, not with his weak offensive capabilities.

He sighed and shook his head. Why did the Plaguebringer send him to such a foolhardy dragon to get involved with?

Vigorously, Kerrigan shook her whole body like a disgruntled wolf shaking water out of its fur. Crawling out from under the twitching body of a Ridgeback was not part of her battle plan, and neither was encountering a mouthy Imperial. "At last, a challenge," she hissed through clenched fangs. A small, more rational part of her knew that she was severely outmatched by the Imp that had, after all, taken out her stronger, bulkier fighter with ease. The dominant part also knew that she was not going to back out of battle, not when she had been directly addressed and her territory at risk. Besides, every true warrior knew that the most polite and honorable thing to do when encountering another combatant was to engage with tooth, nail, and fang 'til the very end. So rather than creeping back and calling off the attack- which, she figured, was what Leviathan might have been trying to tell her to do, through the way the ground writhed- the Mirror circled her opponent as though she were prey.

Now was a good idea to mimic that divebombing maneuver. With ease, the Nocturne somersaulted backward in the air, folded her wings, and dove toward the ground at a diagonal angle only to pull up a space behind the Guardian and her (so Ignition assumed by their voice and the lack of a beard) projectile. Expertly mimicking the larger dragon's voice, Ignition cried and cackled, "Small fry, small fry! Look at me, I can throw myself headfirst into things, whee!" before firing another bolt of ice at the dragon in flight. Direct combat, she realized, would not win against this one... or the one the chief was facing, for that matter.
Down below, Levi felt the pulse of the battle. It had been a while since Kerrigan and her so-called Warriors (a funny, somewhat pretentious-sounding name to the Fae, given that the Warriors really only were two other dragons) had come across strong opponents, and he was certain that this time the Mirror bit off more than she could chew. The way the Imperial and the Guardian on the surface moved showed that they were battle-hardened veterans, not mere nomadic hostile dragons, or skirmishing beasts. If the fight worsened, there was nobody else to send up, save for the Spiral and his and Kerrigan's offspring. Certainly he could not intervene, not with his weak offensive capabilities.

He sighed and shook his head. Why did the Plaguebringer send him to such a foolhardy dragon to get involved with?

Vigorously, Kerrigan shook her whole body like a disgruntled wolf shaking water out of its fur. Crawling out from under the twitching body of a Ridgeback was not part of her battle plan, and neither was encountering a mouthy Imperial. "At last, a challenge," she hissed through clenched fangs. A small, more rational part of her knew that she was severely outmatched by the Imp that had, after all, taken out her stronger, bulkier fighter with ease. The dominant part also knew that she was not going to back out of battle, not when she had been directly addressed and her territory at risk. Besides, every true warrior knew that the most polite and honorable thing to do when encountering another combatant was to engage with tooth, nail, and fang 'til the very end. So rather than creeping back and calling off the attack- which, she figured, was what Leviathan might have been trying to tell her to do, through the way the ground writhed- the Mirror circled her opponent as though she were prey.

Now was a good idea to mimic that divebombing maneuver. With ease, the Nocturne somersaulted backward in the air, folded her wings, and dove toward the ground at a diagonal angle only to pull up a space behind the Guardian and her (so Ignition assumed by their voice and the lack of a beard) projectile. Expertly mimicking the larger dragon's voice, Ignition cried and cackled, "Small fry, small fry! Look at me, I can throw myself headfirst into things, whee!" before firing another bolt of ice at the dragon in flight. Direct combat, she realized, would not win against this one... or the one the chief was facing, for that matter.
FR+16/GMT+8
CtM8cLF.png
i like free things
Od6mP8b.png
The ridgeback appeared to be out cold, or so she hoped, so Undyne turned her attention to the rather brave mirror that slowly circled her. "You are stubborn, little mirror, I'll give you that" she said, turning so that she was faceing the mirror head on as they moved around her. "But stubborness gets good warriors killed on a daily basis. Last chance, back off, or go home as shish-ka-bob."

No sooner had undyne finished her words then a bronze sheild flew off her back, accompanied by a bolt of lightning that slowly took form into a bipedial spearmen that was armed with a shield eblasend with the mark of the stormcatcher. The Lightning Lancer landed beside her, weapon ready and shield up.

The guardian growled in annoyance at the smaller dragon's taunting. "Zip it, fun size." She said, rolling as she hit the ground and the bolt missed by inches as she turned to face the nocturne. She had beaten nocturnes before, but she had always been alone, where they were more prone to copy her and not the general. She waited, standing ready as she watched the airborne noc to see what they would do.
The ridgeback appeared to be out cold, or so she hoped, so Undyne turned her attention to the rather brave mirror that slowly circled her. "You are stubborn, little mirror, I'll give you that" she said, turning so that she was faceing the mirror head on as they moved around her. "But stubborness gets good warriors killed on a daily basis. Last chance, back off, or go home as shish-ka-bob."

No sooner had undyne finished her words then a bronze sheild flew off her back, accompanied by a bolt of lightning that slowly took form into a bipedial spearmen that was armed with a shield eblasend with the mark of the stormcatcher. The Lightning Lancer landed beside her, weapon ready and shield up.

The guardian growled in annoyance at the smaller dragon's taunting. "Zip it, fun size." She said, rolling as she hit the ground and the bolt missed by inches as she turned to face the nocturne. She had beaten nocturnes before, but she had always been alone, where they were more prone to copy her and not the general. She waited, standing ready as she watched the airborne noc to see what they would do.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
"Why in the frosty plagues are you even loitering on another clan's turf, huh?" Speaking normally, the Nocturne seemed to have a high-pitched voice much like a bat might have if it could speak. Her voice sounded more curious than furious, the latter being what she tried hard to sound like. Flapping her wings rapidly, as though to keep natural instinct from taking over and making her plant herself on the ground, she kept herself out of the reach of the cursed turf. For all she knew, the Guardian- whom she failed to realize, at first, was of Plague descent- could cause the tendrils that covered her new home and lair to turn against her.

The Mirror ignored the sentient form of lightning and said nothing, true to her kind's philosophy. What use was there for words? Let the individual bare their intent through honest action. This one was a little too talkative for her liking. As though to spur the Imperial into attacking, she swiped at the bleeding earth, sending a spatter of filth all over their coat, and snarled viciously. In the distance, something howled and wailed as though heralding death itself.
"Why in the frosty plagues are you even loitering on another clan's turf, huh?" Speaking normally, the Nocturne seemed to have a high-pitched voice much like a bat might have if it could speak. Her voice sounded more curious than furious, the latter being what she tried hard to sound like. Flapping her wings rapidly, as though to keep natural instinct from taking over and making her plant herself on the ground, she kept herself out of the reach of the cursed turf. For all she knew, the Guardian- whom she failed to realize, at first, was of Plague descent- could cause the tendrils that covered her new home and lair to turn against her.

The Mirror ignored the sentient form of lightning and said nothing, true to her kind's philosophy. What use was there for words? Let the individual bare their intent through honest action. This one was a little too talkative for her liking. As though to spur the Imperial into attacking, she swiped at the bleeding earth, sending a spatter of filth all over their coat, and snarled viciously. In the distance, something howled and wailed as though heralding death itself.
FR+16/GMT+8
CtM8cLF.png
i like free things
Od6mP8b.png
The guardian gave the nocturne a annoyed look. "Try resting, ya little pipsqueak." She snarled. She crouched low to the ground, as if about to jump after the noc, but, instead of her moving, the ground around her began to shift as she prepped for an attack. It happend slowly at first, then with increasing speed the diseased landscape swirled around her. This one was fast, so she would have to outsmart them. They were still a noc, and no nocturne she knew had the will to withstand their instincts for long.

Undyne saw the cheap attack coming, and folded her wing over her face to protect it as the red goo splattered across her mane. She laughed, then let out a shrill whistle. The Lancer sprung into action instantly, charging the mirror and changing shape midstride so that a spear crafted from the will of stormcatcher himself zoomed toward the mirror with deadly speed.

((I would like to know how you plan to bring down an opponent more then three times your size...))
The guardian gave the nocturne a annoyed look. "Try resting, ya little pipsqueak." She snarled. She crouched low to the ground, as if about to jump after the noc, but, instead of her moving, the ground around her began to shift as she prepped for an attack. It happend slowly at first, then with increasing speed the diseased landscape swirled around her. This one was fast, so she would have to outsmart them. They were still a noc, and no nocturne she knew had the will to withstand their instincts for long.

Undyne saw the cheap attack coming, and folded her wing over her face to protect it as the red goo splattered across her mane. She laughed, then let out a shrill whistle. The Lancer sprung into action instantly, charging the mirror and changing shape midstride so that a spear crafted from the will of stormcatcher himself zoomed toward the mirror with deadly speed.

((I would like to know how you plan to bring down an opponent more then three times your size...))
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
((realistically speaking, Kerrigan can't take down an Imperial at all, at least not on her own. Mirrors don't really have much capability outside of a pack imo... so, i've got another way to intervene with the battle, if that's all right. Moses and Antigone are on their way back to the den, so i could perhaps either use them somehow to negotiate a ceasefire, or get Kerrigan to surrender to protect them.))

Kerrigan had two options: fling more mud at the incoming lightning spear, or rely and bet on her reflexes to dodge it. She chose the latter- more like her body moved on its own- and leapt to the left, hitting the ground running. Was that blasted Familiar capable of following her in-flight? Inwardly, she cursed. Kakkab hadn't stirred; even with his help, any chance of taking this mammoth of a dragon down was fleeting. The Wandering Contagion beneath her feet seemed to scream louder and louder: Retreat! This one can kill you!

Indeed, Ignition struggled to crouch upon the ground, belly down, the way her opponent did so. It was difficult to maintain focus; besides, the Imperial was also set on the ground. No, you mustn't land! Picture another Nocturne flying, another Nocturne flying, another-- "You're the one crouching in the ground like an ant, pipsqueak!" cried the Nocturne, a little less singsong, a little less Guardian-like in pitch. With all her willpower, she sailed over the swirling mass of filth, and rained down bolts of ice. If she didn't put the Guardian out of commission soon, she would surely falter and fall for their trap.
((realistically speaking, Kerrigan can't take down an Imperial at all, at least not on her own. Mirrors don't really have much capability outside of a pack imo... so, i've got another way to intervene with the battle, if that's all right. Moses and Antigone are on their way back to the den, so i could perhaps either use them somehow to negotiate a ceasefire, or get Kerrigan to surrender to protect them.))

Kerrigan had two options: fling more mud at the incoming lightning spear, or rely and bet on her reflexes to dodge it. She chose the latter- more like her body moved on its own- and leapt to the left, hitting the ground running. Was that blasted Familiar capable of following her in-flight? Inwardly, she cursed. Kakkab hadn't stirred; even with his help, any chance of taking this mammoth of a dragon down was fleeting. The Wandering Contagion beneath her feet seemed to scream louder and louder: Retreat! This one can kill you!

Indeed, Ignition struggled to crouch upon the ground, belly down, the way her opponent did so. It was difficult to maintain focus; besides, the Imperial was also set on the ground. No, you mustn't land! Picture another Nocturne flying, another Nocturne flying, another-- "You're the one crouching in the ground like an ant, pipsqueak!" cried the Nocturne, a little less singsong, a little less Guardian-like in pitch. With all her willpower, she sailed over the swirling mass of filth, and rained down bolts of ice. If she didn't put the Guardian out of commission soon, she would surely falter and fall for their trap.
FR+16/GMT+8
CtM8cLF.png
i like free things
Od6mP8b.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10