Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | So you want to catch a mage [Closed]
1 2
(( @Comic1Sans I'm so so sorry I took so long to write up this starter, life has been busy and I haven't had the chance to sit down in front of my PC and do this ))

Two dragons met in the dark on the outskirts of Starfall Isles, one a large and looming Imperial and the other a nimble and small Wildclaw. They spoke softly to one another, as if someone could overhear their secretive conversation.

"It must be done quickly..."

"Are you sure this will work?"

"I'm positive, trust me."

The Imperial made a face at the Wildclaw, trust was something no one should do when dealing with the fire mage known as Ignus. He knew this very well. Yet time was money and the sellsword had no time to complain to the specific instructions he had been left. He turned away from the mage, a bitter taste in his mouth as he began his trek to the Shifting Expanse, having a long journey ahead of him.
The imperial glanced down to his map, the area where he was supposed to follow his end of the deal was circled in charcoal. He had been told to wait for a pearlcatcher, Ignus apparently having set up where the two would meet. He sent a letter to the dragon, containing instructions to send him to Marvolo's location for an urgent meeting from Interstellar. He was given instruction to transport him to Ignus, alive and unconscious. Nothing was said about being unscathed though.

When said dragon came into his sight, the imperial Marvolo stood and cleared his throat, the sword at his hip tapping his thigh. He inspected him quickly, verifying that this was the dragon he was looking for.

"Pardon me, I'm traveling through the Shifitng Expanse on business and I'm a bit lost," He paused as he ran his tongue over his dry lips, stepping up to the dragon.

"I'm on my way to the Ashfall Waste but I should have been in the fire territory by now, could you perhaps bring me in the right direction?" He frowned as he handed the dragon his map, his eyes peering down at the map before looking to the dragon, finding the pearl which he was given specific instruction to remove from him.

Marvolo moved quickly, a flash of brown as he easily overpowered the pearlcatcher and tore the pearl away, tossing it aside as his forehead collided with the others. The impact emitted a loud thud as he watched him fall to the ground, unconscious for what he hoped would be a few hours. The imperial sighed as he heaved the limp dragon onto his back, wrapping the pearl carefully before setting it inside a bag at his hip.

"Sorry friend, you're going to have one hell of a headache."

A messenger was sent from Interstellar with urgency, carrying a heavy bag as his wings flapped and carried him above numerous regions. He was told to travel as fast as he could, needing to get to the Shifting Expanse and deliver the letter and parcel sealed with the clans sigil. When he landed in the region, his breathing was labored as he paused, resting a moment as his legs trembled. He moved onward to The Creed of the Delta Rune, a newly formed alliance of Interstellar.

When he approached the clan, his legs nearly gave out, his mouth dry as he clung to the bag strapped around his shoulder. The wildclaw licked his lips as he looked around, hoping his welcome was still kind during tense times.

"I-I have a message! From Interstellar!" He called out as he paused, his voice breaking as he turned to see who would take the message.
(( @Comic1Sans I'm so so sorry I took so long to write up this starter, life has been busy and I haven't had the chance to sit down in front of my PC and do this ))

Two dragons met in the dark on the outskirts of Starfall Isles, one a large and looming Imperial and the other a nimble and small Wildclaw. They spoke softly to one another, as if someone could overhear their secretive conversation.

"It must be done quickly..."

"Are you sure this will work?"

"I'm positive, trust me."

The Imperial made a face at the Wildclaw, trust was something no one should do when dealing with the fire mage known as Ignus. He knew this very well. Yet time was money and the sellsword had no time to complain to the specific instructions he had been left. He turned away from the mage, a bitter taste in his mouth as he began his trek to the Shifting Expanse, having a long journey ahead of him.
The imperial glanced down to his map, the area where he was supposed to follow his end of the deal was circled in charcoal. He had been told to wait for a pearlcatcher, Ignus apparently having set up where the two would meet. He sent a letter to the dragon, containing instructions to send him to Marvolo's location for an urgent meeting from Interstellar. He was given instruction to transport him to Ignus, alive and unconscious. Nothing was said about being unscathed though.

When said dragon came into his sight, the imperial Marvolo stood and cleared his throat, the sword at his hip tapping his thigh. He inspected him quickly, verifying that this was the dragon he was looking for.

"Pardon me, I'm traveling through the Shifitng Expanse on business and I'm a bit lost," He paused as he ran his tongue over his dry lips, stepping up to the dragon.

"I'm on my way to the Ashfall Waste but I should have been in the fire territory by now, could you perhaps bring me in the right direction?" He frowned as he handed the dragon his map, his eyes peering down at the map before looking to the dragon, finding the pearl which he was given specific instruction to remove from him.

Marvolo moved quickly, a flash of brown as he easily overpowered the pearlcatcher and tore the pearl away, tossing it aside as his forehead collided with the others. The impact emitted a loud thud as he watched him fall to the ground, unconscious for what he hoped would be a few hours. The imperial sighed as he heaved the limp dragon onto his back, wrapping the pearl carefully before setting it inside a bag at his hip.

"Sorry friend, you're going to have one hell of a headache."

A messenger was sent from Interstellar with urgency, carrying a heavy bag as his wings flapped and carried him above numerous regions. He was told to travel as fast as he could, needing to get to the Shifting Expanse and deliver the letter and parcel sealed with the clans sigil. When he landed in the region, his breathing was labored as he paused, resting a moment as his legs trembled. He moved onward to The Creed of the Delta Rune, a newly formed alliance of Interstellar.

When he approached the clan, his legs nearly gave out, his mouth dry as he clung to the bag strapped around his shoulder. The wildclaw licked his lips as he looked around, hoping his welcome was still kind during tense times.

"I-I have a message! From Interstellar!" He called out as he paused, his voice breaking as he turned to see who would take the message.
FCGpVbU.png
tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o4_75sq.gifytkEBod.pngmjtJ868.pngq9EEy5M.pngtumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o3_75sq.gif
WIy57Zy.png
((You're good. I didnt expect you to make a new thread. @noxi99 to make sure you are subbed and to tell you I am subbed.))

A mirror was the one to answer the messanger's call. They stepped out of the cave that acted as the lair to the Creed, greeting the wildclaw with a curt nod as he took the package and the note attached. They broke the seal on the parchment and began to read, their eyes growing wider as they did so. "Brother!" He called over his shoulder, not taking his eyes off the note in his claws.

"Its for you." The mirror said, handing the note to the guardian that stepped out. After a moment, the guardian clenched his fist around the paper and it burned to ashes from the lightning that arced between his talons. "Tell your leader." The guardian said, barely contained rage in his voice as he took the pearl from the parcel. "That I will be paying them a visit."
((You're good. I didnt expect you to make a new thread. @noxi99 to make sure you are subbed and to tell you I am subbed.))

A mirror was the one to answer the messanger's call. They stepped out of the cave that acted as the lair to the Creed, greeting the wildclaw with a curt nod as he took the package and the note attached. They broke the seal on the parchment and began to read, their eyes growing wider as they did so. "Brother!" He called over his shoulder, not taking his eyes off the note in his claws.

"Its for you." The mirror said, handing the note to the guardian that stepped out. After a moment, the guardian clenched his fist around the paper and it burned to ashes from the lightning that arced between his talons. "Tell your leader." The guardian said, barely contained rage in his voice as he took the pearl from the parcel. "That I will be paying them a visit."
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
(( Alright I'm also subbed to the page so no need for pings ))

The wildclaw nodded then immediately took his leave, the guardian making it clear he wasn't currently welcome in the Shifting Expanse. He hurried from the clan, flying over the storming region and back to the Starfall Isles with very important news.

He crashed back into Interstellar, exhausted and dehydrated as he laid on the ground owned by Interstellar. The healer Ayaka rushed to him, helping him from the ground and bringing him to Saranus to deliver his very important news.

"They're coming... here soon," his voice was strained as his legs wobbled barely able to support himself with the help of the stout and strong snapper. Saranus nodded and dismissed him, taking this time to think over what to do next very carefully. Interstellar was still in a time of rejuvenation and if things turned sour, the clan would not be able to withstand the force of the Creed.

The Ridgeback moved quickly and scrawled a note on a piece of parchment, being sure to get his situation across but make it brief. He signed it then closed the rolled up paper with dark purple wax stamped with the clans sigil. He sent it by raven, the clan messenger not able to deliver another message with such urgency.

"Arcanist save us."

((The letter written was sent to Charis at Plague-Fang containing Saranus' worries about what would happen, he was basically asking for help in case something happened and they needed another clans opinion. ))

(( Alright I'm also subbed to the page so no need for pings ))

The wildclaw nodded then immediately took his leave, the guardian making it clear he wasn't currently welcome in the Shifting Expanse. He hurried from the clan, flying over the storming region and back to the Starfall Isles with very important news.

He crashed back into Interstellar, exhausted and dehydrated as he laid on the ground owned by Interstellar. The healer Ayaka rushed to him, helping him from the ground and bringing him to Saranus to deliver his very important news.

"They're coming... here soon," his voice was strained as his legs wobbled barely able to support himself with the help of the stout and strong snapper. Saranus nodded and dismissed him, taking this time to think over what to do next very carefully. Interstellar was still in a time of rejuvenation and if things turned sour, the clan would not be able to withstand the force of the Creed.

The Ridgeback moved quickly and scrawled a note on a piece of parchment, being sure to get his situation across but make it brief. He signed it then closed the rolled up paper with dark purple wax stamped with the clans sigil. He sent it by raven, the clan messenger not able to deliver another message with such urgency.

"Arcanist save us."

((The letter written was sent to Charis at Plague-Fang containing Saranus' worries about what would happen, he was basically asking for help in case something happened and they needed another clans opinion. ))

FCGpVbU.png
tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o4_75sq.gifytkEBod.pngmjtJ868.pngq9EEy5M.pngtumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o3_75sq.gif
WIy57Zy.png
((Should we ping in Schattenfeuer then?))

((Forget the creed, your lucky amelia isn't going.))

Not even two days later, Sans left the shifting expanse, bound for the lair of Interstellar. He went alone, despite the rest of the council's protests, and made it to the lair in only a day and a half.

He wanted to smash into the center of the lair, magic alight, but something told him there was more to this then what appeared to be. So, he would try to remain diplomatic, for now. He landed in a small clearing a little ways away from the lair, and made the rest of the way on foot.

An unseen force loosend the broadsword that hung at his side from it's scabbard as he approached, ready for any sort of attack, should any come. He halted at the edge of Interstellar's territory. "Saranus!!" he called, his voice powerful and commanding, the voice of vengance. He had learned the name from Sam when they had explained the formation of the alliance, and now he had a bone to pick.
((Should we ping in Schattenfeuer then?))

((Forget the creed, your lucky amelia isn't going.))

Not even two days later, Sans left the shifting expanse, bound for the lair of Interstellar. He went alone, despite the rest of the council's protests, and made it to the lair in only a day and a half.

He wanted to smash into the center of the lair, magic alight, but something told him there was more to this then what appeared to be. So, he would try to remain diplomatic, for now. He landed in a small clearing a little ways away from the lair, and made the rest of the way on foot.

An unseen force loosend the broadsword that hung at his side from it's scabbard as he approached, ready for any sort of attack, should any come. He halted at the edge of Interstellar's territory. "Saranus!!" he called, his voice powerful and commanding, the voice of vengance. He had learned the name from Sam when they had explained the formation of the alliance, and now he had a bone to pick.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
((@Shattenfeuer I'm so so so sorry fr the delay, I've been so busy lately an have barely any time to feed my dragons , I can start pinging them though ))

Te ridgeback had been alerted by scouts that there was a stranger approaching Interstellar. Everyone was nervous after the messenger had returned with the message from The Creed that they were to be expecting visitors. Saranus was nervous to be meeting with the representative of their ally, not knowing what to expect or even really how to handle such business. He was a warrior, but only newly was he a clan leader.

The dragon stepped forward, swallowing down the lump in his throat as he glanced around him, wondering who Plague-Fang was going to send. He hoped and prayed it was Charis, although he knew that if he was sent, the opinion of the plague clan would be biased due to their close friendship. Saranus also knew he couldn't expect Nibulem, she was young and also was the mate of the dragon Bawx, making her opinion biased as well.

He only hoped whoever they chose to send would be understanding that Interstellar had nothing to do with the disappearance of a member of The Creed. The ridgeback then drew in a large and deep breath, cooling his nerves as he met the eyes of the dragon who had addressed them before.

"I'm assuming that you are from The Creed?" He asked as he glanced the dragon before him up and down, unsure of what to think of the stranger so boldly striding into their clan during a tense time on the brink of conflict.
((@Shattenfeuer I'm so so so sorry fr the delay, I've been so busy lately an have barely any time to feed my dragons , I can start pinging them though ))

Te ridgeback had been alerted by scouts that there was a stranger approaching Interstellar. Everyone was nervous after the messenger had returned with the message from The Creed that they were to be expecting visitors. Saranus was nervous to be meeting with the representative of their ally, not knowing what to expect or even really how to handle such business. He was a warrior, but only newly was he a clan leader.

The dragon stepped forward, swallowing down the lump in his throat as he glanced around him, wondering who Plague-Fang was going to send. He hoped and prayed it was Charis, although he knew that if he was sent, the opinion of the plague clan would be biased due to their close friendship. Saranus also knew he couldn't expect Nibulem, she was young and also was the mate of the dragon Bawx, making her opinion biased as well.

He only hoped whoever they chose to send would be understanding that Interstellar had nothing to do with the disappearance of a member of The Creed. The ridgeback then drew in a large and deep breath, cooling his nerves as he met the eyes of the dragon who had addressed them before.

"I'm assuming that you are from The Creed?" He asked as he glanced the dragon before him up and down, unsure of what to think of the stranger so boldly striding into their clan during a tense time on the brink of conflict.
FCGpVbU.png
WIy57Zy.png
((I dont think we will be hearing from her for a while, as she just got her hands on the new mass effect game XD))

Sans nodded. "My name is Sans Shadeslayer, acrhmage and founder of the creed of the delta rune." He said. He saw larger then the ridgeback before him, and he gazed them with eyes that were cold and calculating, as if he was sizing them up, and had already seen 10 differnet ways he could incapasitate them.

"And you are Saranus, an ice warrior leading an arcane clan that has sixty seconds to tell me why your seal was on a parcel containing the pearl of Samuel Darkrune, with a ransom note, that I received just before I was getting ready to send out search parties, before I blow this lair off the face of the planet!"

His voice commanded authority, and he radiated power. He was perfectly capable of acting on his threats, and he had every intention of doing so should the ridgeback fail to give him a reason not to.
((I dont think we will be hearing from her for a while, as she just got her hands on the new mass effect game XD))

Sans nodded. "My name is Sans Shadeslayer, acrhmage and founder of the creed of the delta rune." He said. He saw larger then the ridgeback before him, and he gazed them with eyes that were cold and calculating, as if he was sizing them up, and had already seen 10 differnet ways he could incapasitate them.

"And you are Saranus, an ice warrior leading an arcane clan that has sixty seconds to tell me why your seal was on a parcel containing the pearl of Samuel Darkrune, with a ransom note, that I received just before I was getting ready to send out search parties, before I blow this lair off the face of the planet!"

His voice commanded authority, and he radiated power. He was perfectly capable of acting on his threats, and he had every intention of doing so should the ridgeback fail to give him a reason not to.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
(( Yeah, she said she was going to get online later today to respond to our RP though ))

Saranus' tail twitched at the others threat, his shoulders stiff as he narrowed his eyes. It had been a long time since he had been given orders, A very long time. He wasn't used to being talked to like he was inferior to and he certainly didn't like it. "I'll take all the time I need to if it means I explain this situation to you correctly. and in enough detail that you have no reason to think against Interstellar." He looked to the messenger who was still gawking at the powerful guardian standing before them. Saranus cleared his throat, causing the wildclaw to scurry forward and hand the ridgeback a rag from the satchel at his hip.

"That seal on the packet was not the original one which the package arrived with." He then handed the guardian the rag which contained something wrapped inside. "The parcel and letter arrived here without any trace of the sender or who delivered it. We unknowingly opened the package and quickly discovered that this was tied to the dragon who you had reported missing. I then resealed the package and parcel to be sure they wouldn't be damaged on the travel to your clan that is all. We know nothing of the dragons disappearance, all we know is what was disclosed in this letter." Saranus then wet his lips, keeping his icy eye looked on the others to show he wasn't afraid of him and that he wasn't lying. He had interrogated others before, and he knew quite well that shifting eyes meant lies.

Inside the rag was a piece of wax, broken due to the package being opened but clearly repaired to the best of ability. The color was a deep and burnt orange, the sigil stamped into the wax, although it was hard to tell, seemed to resemble a wild looking fire. "I had dragons researching this sigil for hours, not a single one found anything tracing back to a flight or a certain clan. It's either made up, or from someone who's name isn't known yet." He watched the guardian look over the small and broken piece of hardened wax. He seemed brash and quick to take action by the way he carried himself and spoke. Saranus could feel his power radiating from his body, and he knew that this dragon was fully capable of using that power.

(( Yeah, she said she was going to get online later today to respond to our RP though ))

Saranus' tail twitched at the others threat, his shoulders stiff as he narrowed his eyes. It had been a long time since he had been given orders, A very long time. He wasn't used to being talked to like he was inferior to and he certainly didn't like it. "I'll take all the time I need to if it means I explain this situation to you correctly. and in enough detail that you have no reason to think against Interstellar." He looked to the messenger who was still gawking at the powerful guardian standing before them. Saranus cleared his throat, causing the wildclaw to scurry forward and hand the ridgeback a rag from the satchel at his hip.

"That seal on the packet was not the original one which the package arrived with." He then handed the guardian the rag which contained something wrapped inside. "The parcel and letter arrived here without any trace of the sender or who delivered it. We unknowingly opened the package and quickly discovered that this was tied to the dragon who you had reported missing. I then resealed the package and parcel to be sure they wouldn't be damaged on the travel to your clan that is all. We know nothing of the dragons disappearance, all we know is what was disclosed in this letter." Saranus then wet his lips, keeping his icy eye looked on the others to show he wasn't afraid of him and that he wasn't lying. He had interrogated others before, and he knew quite well that shifting eyes meant lies.

Inside the rag was a piece of wax, broken due to the package being opened but clearly repaired to the best of ability. The color was a deep and burnt orange, the sigil stamped into the wax, although it was hard to tell, seemed to resemble a wild looking fire. "I had dragons researching this sigil for hours, not a single one found anything tracing back to a flight or a certain clan. It's either made up, or from someone who's name isn't known yet." He watched the guardian look over the small and broken piece of hardened wax. He seemed brash and quick to take action by the way he carried himself and spoke. Saranus could feel his power radiating from his body, and he knew that this dragon was fully capable of using that power.

FCGpVbU.png
WIy57Zy.png
Sans examined the wax seal under a scrutinizing gaze, handling ut as he would fragile glass. He carefully traced the broken crest, mumbling incoherently to himself as he tried to find a connection. If only he had brought his brother along, then this would be a lot easier.

"Fire." He said finally, the aura of power dieing down a bit now that he understood the situation. It was still there, just less...prominent. He could tell the ridgeback was telling the truth. He had learned to read others. Read their intentions. Read their past through their expressions, through the way they carried themselves. This one was confident in his words, even under his own withering stare. That told him that they were telling the truth, or the belived their story with every ounce of being.

"This is marked with a flame. That would denote the Flamecaller, would it not?" He looked back up at the ridgeback. "How many enemies have you amassed, Sanarus? How many who wish to see your clan burn?" He added, returning the broken seal.
Sans examined the wax seal under a scrutinizing gaze, handling ut as he would fragile glass. He carefully traced the broken crest, mumbling incoherently to himself as he tried to find a connection. If only he had brought his brother along, then this would be a lot easier.

"Fire." He said finally, the aura of power dieing down a bit now that he understood the situation. It was still there, just less...prominent. He could tell the ridgeback was telling the truth. He had learned to read others. Read their intentions. Read their past through their expressions, through the way they carried themselves. This one was confident in his words, even under his own withering stare. That told him that they were telling the truth, or the belived their story with every ounce of being.

"This is marked with a flame. That would denote the Flamecaller, would it not?" He looked back up at the ridgeback. "How many enemies have you amassed, Sanarus? How many who wish to see your clan burn?" He added, returning the broken seal.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
Saranus finally was able to breathe again, so tense that he had restricted his breathing. He was glad for the bandanna around his forehead caught the beads of sweat forming on his brow. He watched the other carefully examine the sigil, having done the exact same thing himself. "That's one of many possible explanations to this mess." He sighed as he turned away form the guardian for a moment. "Let's talk somewhere more private please, you never know who could be listening when you're out in the open like this."

The ridgeback turned to the messenger who peered at the two through the lion pelt draped over his head and back. "You're dismissed Belashi, at least for now." The wildclaw nodded and scurried away, moving quickly to leave the two alone at the entrance of the arcane clan.

"As for enemies.. I personally don't get alone with serthis beastclans due to my past which I would prefer to deter from explaining. Although from the knowledge I've gained from interstellar's residents, records and even form the previous clan leader herself when she was living that there was never any threats." he frowned as he wracked his brain for answers or outcomes. "Interstellar is still relatively new to Starfall Isles as well, so it isn't likely that we could have angered anyone so easily." He took the seal back and held it for a moment, peering down at it as he frowned, his eye searching it for any clues. yet still nothing. He then gently wrapped it up once more and tucked it into a pocket of the kilt on his hips.
Saranus finally was able to breathe again, so tense that he had restricted his breathing. He was glad for the bandanna around his forehead caught the beads of sweat forming on his brow. He watched the other carefully examine the sigil, having done the exact same thing himself. "That's one of many possible explanations to this mess." He sighed as he turned away form the guardian for a moment. "Let's talk somewhere more private please, you never know who could be listening when you're out in the open like this."

The ridgeback turned to the messenger who peered at the two through the lion pelt draped over his head and back. "You're dismissed Belashi, at least for now." The wildclaw nodded and scurried away, moving quickly to leave the two alone at the entrance of the arcane clan.

"As for enemies.. I personally don't get alone with serthis beastclans due to my past which I would prefer to deter from explaining. Although from the knowledge I've gained from interstellar's residents, records and even form the previous clan leader herself when she was living that there was never any threats." he frowned as he wracked his brain for answers or outcomes. "Interstellar is still relatively new to Starfall Isles as well, so it isn't likely that we could have angered anyone so easily." He took the seal back and held it for a moment, peering down at it as he frowned, his eye searching it for any clues. yet still nothing. He then gently wrapped it up once more and tucked it into a pocket of the kilt on his hips.
FCGpVbU.png
WIy57Zy.png
"No enemies?" Sans said, raising an eyebrow. No clan that he knew of had gone this long without rubbing at least one other the wrong way. It was frankly hard to believe. "Nevertheless, it does not root out the possibility of an inside job. Are you certain that the parasol was sent from an outside source?"
"No enemies?" Sans said, raising an eyebrow. No clan that he knew of had gone this long without rubbing at least one other the wrong way. It was frankly hard to believe. "Nevertheless, it does not root out the possibility of an inside job. Are you certain that the parasol was sent from an outside source?"
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
1 2