Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Pirates, Merfolk, and Politics
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46
Rothgar gave an annoyed eye roll to his captain who was.. so excited to fight the navy again. Whatever. He moved casually over to the weapons room and unlocked the door, divvying out the weapons between each person. Gunpowder was last. "just don't drop it in the water." he groaned. And then he joined the others on the ship, loading up his gun and securing the copious amounts of weapons he held on himself. A bitter thought leaped to his mind. Maybe he should have just refused the job and let the water and the mermaids take him to an early grave. Bah, who was he kidding, he'd rather die on land then every let one of those slimy beasts touch him.
____

Ursula wasn't annoyed by the circling ships overhead, and the loud noises that they made singnifying they were fighting. She could feel the vibrations in her fins and thwacked her own tail in irritation at the battling ships. Then another snap and a frantic waving of her hands to fetch a nearby guard instruting them to go find her adopted daughter, wherever she was at this time.

_____

Titania was hiding in the rocks, her body twisting and changing color and texture to become a different shade. She hung out on the edge of the reef, seaweed-like hair cascading up into the air. From her camoflagued perch she simply watched as other merpeople and fish moved by. They didn't notice her.. or didn't care to notice her. Tentacles slowly extending from her hiding spot, she rapidly moved from one crevace to another, body shifting color and texutre to match what was around her. She always loved to play this game. Camoflague herself repeatedly, moving from place to place and see who would notice.

her eyes narrowed as the boats overhead caused sound to ricochet through the reef where she was playing. She grumbled at the annoyance of sound, moving out from her hiding place, her camouflague game ended. Her body shifted to its normal ivory color as the blue rings along her arms and legs seemed to glow brighter at each sound the boats made.
Rothgar gave an annoyed eye roll to his captain who was.. so excited to fight the navy again. Whatever. He moved casually over to the weapons room and unlocked the door, divvying out the weapons between each person. Gunpowder was last. "just don't drop it in the water." he groaned. And then he joined the others on the ship, loading up his gun and securing the copious amounts of weapons he held on himself. A bitter thought leaped to his mind. Maybe he should have just refused the job and let the water and the mermaids take him to an early grave. Bah, who was he kidding, he'd rather die on land then every let one of those slimy beasts touch him.
____

Ursula wasn't annoyed by the circling ships overhead, and the loud noises that they made singnifying they were fighting. She could feel the vibrations in her fins and thwacked her own tail in irritation at the battling ships. Then another snap and a frantic waving of her hands to fetch a nearby guard instruting them to go find her adopted daughter, wherever she was at this time.

_____

Titania was hiding in the rocks, her body twisting and changing color and texture to become a different shade. She hung out on the edge of the reef, seaweed-like hair cascading up into the air. From her camoflagued perch she simply watched as other merpeople and fish moved by. They didn't notice her.. or didn't care to notice her. Tentacles slowly extending from her hiding spot, she rapidly moved from one crevace to another, body shifting color and texutre to match what was around her. She always loved to play this game. Camoflague herself repeatedly, moving from place to place and see who would notice.

her eyes narrowed as the boats overhead caused sound to ricochet through the reef where she was playing. She grumbled at the annoyance of sound, moving out from her hiding place, her camouflague game ended. Her body shifted to its normal ivory color as the blue rings along her arms and legs seemed to glow brighter at each sound the boats made.
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
Siren turned her head to glare at Malphias. "Are ya gettin' yellow bellied?" she asked him. "Dinna be a coward." She said this but tilted her head as she thought about it. They could get out of this rather easily, it was true... and as much as she loved fighting, did she really want to risk her ship? She sighed.
Her grey-violet eyes lost some of their bloodlust.
"Fine." she said.
Raising her voice, she yelled, "Let's head fer port! We can fight those lily-livered navy brats any time we want!
Siren turned her head to glare at Malphias. "Are ya gettin' yellow bellied?" she asked him. "Dinna be a coward." She said this but tilted her head as she thought about it. They could get out of this rather easily, it was true... and as much as she loved fighting, did she really want to risk her ship? She sighed.
Her grey-violet eyes lost some of their bloodlust.
"Fine." she said.
Raising her voice, she yelled, "Let's head fer port! We can fight those lily-livered navy brats any time we want!
Need someone to RP with? Look no further. PM me if you’d like me to join your RP!
@Snowleaf

Hope you don't mind my joining! Also hey Shocks. :D I'm on my phone rn so I'll finish these forms up once I get to my tablet and can type better.

Name: Desyl (Dez-Eel)
Gender: nonbinary they/them or se/sen (se're, sen's, se) Whichever is easier. Will alternate between the two for different posts (sometimes the pronouns confuse even me lol)
Pirate/Merfolk: merfolk
Stance Toward Other Race: Don't talk to se about humans unless you want an angry rant about how useless they are.
Skills: Se has many abilities, but se excels at all basic magic and spells, potion making, enchanting, and se can also speak with most aquatic animals and birds, which se prefers to do rather then talk to other merfolk.
Background and Personality:

B: Desyl doesn't remember parents, siblings, or any sort of family. Se remembers coming up out of the darkness of a trench, shaky and hungry, with burning power running through sen limbs. Se quickly learned how to use that power to defend sen-self, and since coming out of the trench se's been traveling wherever sen powerful fins can carry sen.

P: Desyl is a hateful, spiteful, anxious creature, often snapping from being silent and observing to loud and opinionated. Se likes to be alone with sen books and sen necromancy projects.

Appearance: (using they/them for appearance for easier understanding). Desyl's body is androgynous and thin, with dark purple scales covering their entire 14 feet body, lighter scales along their face, neck, shoulders and back. They also have two sets of horns, straight thin ones and curved horns that curl around the first pair. They often cover their face with a green and red mask, wear gold rings around their tail, and waterproofed leather straps around their chest to hold a staff across their narrow back. They also have a belt around what would be a tiny waist holding a bag of shells, clams, and small things they've collected, a dagger, and a small spellbook.

They have waist long purple hair, a few shades lighter than the color on their shoulders, and a single fin along the bottom of their tail, more for showy displays of aggression than swimming. To get around, Desyl moves much like an eel, lashing their tail back and forth to propel themselves forward. They lost their right arm from the elbow down to poachers attempting to capture and/or kill them. Their eyes have never actually been seen before, but they are a bright gold.

Name: Verah Gej
Pirate/Merfolk: pirate
Stance Toward Other Race: Thinks they're cool
Skills: Literally just fighting and out eating every one while staying muscular as ever.

B: There's nothing really to say but that he's been a pirate alongside his twin brother for years. Did almost get eaten by a giant eel once. That was neat.

P: a bit of a loud mouth, Verah is easily excitable, hostile towards people who are anti-pirate, and has no sense of personal space. He likes to remind people that they're lucky to have him around, as he believes he's one of the best raiders on the ship. Jack is really the only one who keeps him in line anymore.

Appearance: standing 6'7, Verah towers over pretty much everyone he knows except for his brother, Jack, who's even taller than he is. He has messy black hair, about jaw length and clipped back from his face. He has scars around his neck, angry and red against his pale skin. His eyes are an unnatural orange with long eyelashes.

Name: Jack Gej
Stance Toward Other Race: Same as his twin brother, but is less open about it.
Skills: He uses a mixture of magic and tech to heal his patients, is great at telling stories, and hits really, really hard.

B: same as Verah's, but he lost his sight when he was 16 after he more or less got ganged up on by jellyfish. He refers to it as "the attack of the jelly" and laughs at his stupidity now. At the time he was terrified.

P: Jack appears pretty laid back, but in fact he's nervous and jittery, his blindness causes him a lot of anxiety and makes him fear the worst. Loud noises startle him, so he tends to wear earmuffs or use his average magic to muffle sounds. This...doesn't work well around his brother, but said brother is never loud enough to cause any harm to Jack's sensitive hearing.

Appearance: Jack is identical to Verah, but taller, about 6'8 - 6'9, his hair goes to his shoulders and is kept in a neat braid that Verah does up for him. His eyes are the only other difference, being a ghostly white instead of the orange his brother has.

If accepted I'll reply when I get home tonight, as well as put up my drawings of Desyl.
@Snowleaf

Hope you don't mind my joining! Also hey Shocks. :D I'm on my phone rn so I'll finish these forms up once I get to my tablet and can type better.

Name: Desyl (Dez-Eel)
Gender: nonbinary they/them or se/sen (se're, sen's, se) Whichever is easier. Will alternate between the two for different posts (sometimes the pronouns confuse even me lol)
Pirate/Merfolk: merfolk
Stance Toward Other Race: Don't talk to se about humans unless you want an angry rant about how useless they are.
Skills: Se has many abilities, but se excels at all basic magic and spells, potion making, enchanting, and se can also speak with most aquatic animals and birds, which se prefers to do rather then talk to other merfolk.

B: Desyl doesn't remember parents, siblings, or any sort of family. Se remembers coming up out of the darkness of a trench, shaky and hungry, with burning power running through sen limbs. Se quickly learned how to use that power to defend sen-self, and since coming out of the trench se's been traveling wherever sen powerful fins can carry sen.

P: Desyl is a hateful, spiteful, anxious creature, often snapping from being silent and observing to loud and opinionated. Se likes to be alone with sen books and sen necromancy projects.

Appearance: (using they/them for appearance for easier understanding). Desyl's body is androgynous and thin, with dark purple scales covering their entire 14 feet body, lighter scales along their face, neck, shoulders and back. They also have two sets of horns, straight thin ones and curved horns that curl around the first pair. They often cover their face with a green and red mask, wear gold rings around their tail, and waterproofed leather straps around their chest to hold a staff across their narrow back. They also have a belt around what would be a tiny waist holding a bag of shells, clams, and small things they've collected, a dagger, and a small spellbook.

They have waist long purple hair, a few shades lighter than the color on their shoulders, and a single fin along the bottom of their tail, more for showy displays of aggression than swimming. To get around, Desyl moves much like an eel, lashing their tail back and forth to propel themselves forward. They lost their right arm from the elbow down to poachers attempting to capture and/or kill them. Their eyes have never actually been seen before, but they are a bright gold.

Name: Verah Gej
Stance Toward Other Race: Thinks they're cool
Skills: Literally just fighting and out eating every one while staying muscular as ever.

B: There's nothing really to say but that he's been a pirate alongside his twin brother for years. Did almost get eaten by a giant eel once. That was neat.

P: a bit of a loud mouth, Verah is easily excitable, hostile towards people who are anti-pirate, and has no sense of personal space. He likes to remind people that they're lucky to have him around, as he believes he's one of the best raiders on the ship. Jack is really the only one who keeps him in line anymore.

Appearance: standing 6'7, Verah towers over pretty much everyone he knows except for his brother, Jack, who's even taller than he is. He has messy black hair, about jaw length and clipped back from his face. He has scars around his neck, angry and red against his pale skin. His eyes are an unnatural orange with long eyelashes.

Name: Jack Gej
Stance Toward Other Race: Same as his twin brother, but is less open about it.
Skills: He uses a mixture of magic and tech to heal his patients, is great at telling stories, and hits really, really hard.

B: same as Verah's, but he lost his sight when he was 16 after he more or less got ganged up on by jellyfish. He refers to it as "the attack of the jelly" and laughs at his stupidity now. At the time he was terrified.

P: Jack appears pretty laid back, but in fact he's nervous and jittery, his blindness causes him a lot of anxiety and makes him fear the worst. Loud noises startle him, so he tends to wear earmuffs or use his average magic to muffle sounds. This...doesn't work well around his brother, but said brother is never loud enough to cause any harm to Jack's sensitive hearing.

Appearance: Jack is identical to Verah, but taller, about 6'8 - 6'9, his hair goes to his shoulders and is kept in a neat braid that Verah does up for him. His eyes are the only other difference, being a ghostly white instead of the orange his brother has.

If accepted I'll reply when I get home tonight, as well as put up my drawings of Desyl.
Help me pay rent and cat vet bills: Art & Lore Shop
frogs.png
(@TwistedRae it is supposed to say wizard, haha)
(@TwistedRae it is supposed to say wizard, haha)
Need someone to RP with? Look no further. PM me if you’d like me to join your RP!
Nayvera sighed as ran her porcelain hand across a wall of rock. Where are you? She thought . The rocks on the sea floor made a great place for trinkets and valuable gems. As she swam along , a shiny sight caught her amber eyes. She stopped and swam down to the wonder filled item. It were round , hard , and decorated in a fine assortment of swirls and plants , but these plants didn't look like sea-dwelling plants. "Hm." She said aloud. She pondered her thoughts to either keep it , or discard it.
Deciding that it were valuable enough to keep , Nayvera opened her satchel , only for huge movement on the waters surface. A large shape loomed over the place where she were scavenging , making her shudder.
Nayvera sighed as ran her porcelain hand across a wall of rock. Where are you? She thought . The rocks on the sea floor made a great place for trinkets and valuable gems. As she swam along , a shiny sight caught her amber eyes. She stopped and swam down to the wonder filled item. It were round , hard , and decorated in a fine assortment of swirls and plants , but these plants didn't look like sea-dwelling plants. "Hm." She said aloud. She pondered her thoughts to either keep it , or discard it.
Deciding that it were valuable enough to keep , Nayvera opened her satchel , only for huge movement on the waters surface. A large shape loomed over the place where she were scavenging , making her shudder.
DE4-CE494-C24-A-441-F-8809-5-B8-BFD08205-C.png| He/She | Autistic/ADHD| 3+ FR Time |
Azaran noticed the younger mermaid near the seafloor. "What are you doing, Nayverra?" he asked. "Did you lose something?" He tilted his head quizzically. Who would want to search around here? The only things to find were useless human things.
(@Solanna)
Azaran noticed the younger mermaid near the seafloor. "What are you doing, Nayverra?" he asked. "Did you lose something?" He tilted his head quizzically. Who would want to search around here? The only things to find were useless human things.
(@Solanna)
@Snowleaf

((Went ahead and edited my character forms! Let me know if I need to change anything.))
@Snowleaf

((Went ahead and edited my character forms! Let me know if I need to change anything.))
Help me pay rent and cat vet bills: Art & Lore Shop
frogs.png
(@TwistedRae They are all accepted.)
(@TwistedRae They are all accepted.)
((@TwistedRae YEEEEEAAAAAAAH BOOOOOOOOYYY welcome to the fish club nerd.))

"I'm just looking out for you and the rest of the crew cap." He responded, not bothering to return the jab. With all these young folks he had to be the mature one at least half the time, which meant not letting himself get riled up. Somewhere, he heard Lavana repeat the captain's orders, though with three times the profanity. He turned to give her a look, to which the blonde only stuck her tongue out at him.

"I am the only adult here." He mumbled with a sigh. Spotting Rothgar, Malphias made his way to the quartermaster, not quite wanting to lug his rifle around for the res off the day.

"It might be best if we try and keep the guns on the boat. I don't want to get shot at by the port guards again."

Not far from the pirates, a merman with brilliant white scales darted through the water, wispy fins surrounding him in a cloud-like cocoon of silver. Skurax had been watching the ships from afar, the human raised part of him aching to go and greet the land dwelling creatures he'd come to love and protect.

Instead, he turned and swam further down, away from the tempting surface. Without Dizze, there wasn't much of a reason for him to stay up there, no matter how much he wanted it. After all, it wasn't like he could grow legs and be where he knows he belongs.

"Hm, perhaps I can visit the crew tomorrow. They should be in port by now...." and he'd been wanting to hear news of Dizze's other children as well, the ones who'd taken over the ship since the old man had passed on and Skurax had left to grieve.
((@TwistedRae YEEEEEAAAAAAAH BOOOOOOOOYYY welcome to the fish club nerd.))

"I'm just looking out for you and the rest of the crew cap." He responded, not bothering to return the jab. With all these young folks he had to be the mature one at least half the time, which meant not letting himself get riled up. Somewhere, he heard Lavana repeat the captain's orders, though with three times the profanity. He turned to give her a look, to which the blonde only stuck her tongue out at him.

"I am the only adult here." He mumbled with a sigh. Spotting Rothgar, Malphias made his way to the quartermaster, not quite wanting to lug his rifle around for the res off the day.

"It might be best if we try and keep the guns on the boat. I don't want to get shot at by the port guards again."

Not far from the pirates, a merman with brilliant white scales darted through the water, wispy fins surrounding him in a cloud-like cocoon of silver. Skurax had been watching the ships from afar, the human raised part of him aching to go and greet the land dwelling creatures he'd come to love and protect.

Instead, he turned and swam further down, away from the tempting surface. Without Dizze, there wasn't much of a reason for him to stay up there, no matter how much he wanted it. After all, it wasn't like he could grow legs and be where he knows he belongs.

"Hm, perhaps I can visit the crew tomorrow. They should be in port by now...." and he'd been wanting to hear news of Dizze's other children as well, the ones who'd taken over the ship since the old man had passed on and Skurax had left to grieve.
· Call me Shocks.
· They/them pronouns please
Username used to be Shockboob!
Quote:
Name: Amarantha (Mara)
Pirate/Merfolk: Mermaid
Stance Toward Other Race: Has never had contact with them but has always been fascienated by them
Skills: As creepy as it is, Mara specializes in blood magic. She can't control anyone, but can see what they see, hear what they hear, etc by ingesting their blood. The more blood she has available, the longer the spell lasts and the stronger it is. Drinking the blood puts her into a trance-like state but the longer she's in it the more exhausted she'll be afterwards. Also has magical skill regarding potions, though they aren't as strong or effective as her blood magic.
Background and Personality: Mara is very shy and doesn't often open up to people, even those that's she's known for a long time. When you first meet her it'll seem like she's mute since she rarely talks but after awhile she'll begin to warm up to you. She holds a large amount of curiosity and adventure. Scared of the dark and being alone.
Growing up around mermaids, she'd always heard stories of humans, usually pirates in particular, and though the tales had scared her as a child, once she'd grown up they fascinated her. Whenever she had the chance she would creep out and sneak peeks of the ships sailing across the ocean, marveling at how well the crews worked in sync. Mara found her magical abilities when she was young and since then her father had pushed her to develop them, hoping they would one day be strong enough to use against the humans. After his death due to a stray cannonball, she's been quieter and less open about her abilities, choosing to practice in secret.
Appearance: (hope pictures are okay :) )
Mara & Her Tail
Quote:
Name: Azriel Kane
Pirate/Merfolk: Pirate
Stance Toward Other Race: Doesn't know much about them but doesn't hate them
Skills: Give him any melee weapon and he'll be a master of it within moments. Typically prefers his double short swords. Thinks quickly in tight situations.
Background and Personality: Very open about himself and likes to joke around, is only completely serious when a fight's about to occur. Likes to tease people endlessly, which can often times get him into trouble.
Azriel grew up around the ocean. His father and both older brothers made a living of fishing and he was constantly out on the water with them. A couple years after his brothers had left to start their own lives, Azriel's parents were killed by a pirate raiding party who'd come to shore to ransack the closest villages. Anger drove him to become a pirate as well, hunting down the ones who killed his parents in the hopes that he can avenge them.
Appearance: Azriel

Her heart beat wildly as she swam towards the pirate ship, eyes glancing above to ensure that no one had noticed her. Amarantha was careful to remain in the shadows but her platinum blonde hair didn't exactly work in her favor sometimes. Once she was a t a safe distance, the mermaid halted and watched as the vessel drifted by. It would never be possible for her to end up aboard a ship, but she'd always imagined what it was like to travel above the water. A smile spread across her pale lips as she imagined it, fading as she realized that she would need to get back soon. There were potions to be made.

Azriel hung off the ropes and groaned, watching as they sailed further from the navy ship. He'd been itching for a fight for days, and they'd finally had the chance then turned tail and ran. Of course, he knew it wasn't out of fear or anything, because he knew they'd win, but Malphias was right. If they sustained any major damage to the ship, they might not make it to the nearest port in time. "There's always another ship," he mumbled to himself, sliding down the ropes and landing with a thud on the main deck. He sheathed his two short swords and leaned against the railing, the ocean breeze ruffling his hair.
Quote:
Name: Amarantha (Mara)
Pirate/Merfolk: Mermaid
Stance Toward Other Race: Has never had contact with them but has always been fascienated by them
Skills: As creepy as it is, Mara specializes in blood magic. She can't control anyone, but can see what they see, hear what they hear, etc by ingesting their blood. The more blood she has available, the longer the spell lasts and the stronger it is. Drinking the blood puts her into a trance-like state but the longer she's in it the more exhausted she'll be afterwards. Also has magical skill regarding potions, though they aren't as strong or effective as her blood magic.
Background and Personality: Mara is very shy and doesn't often open up to people, even those that's she's known for a long time. When you first meet her it'll seem like she's mute since she rarely talks but after awhile she'll begin to warm up to you. She holds a large amount of curiosity and adventure. Scared of the dark and being alone.
Growing up around mermaids, she'd always heard stories of humans, usually pirates in particular, and though the tales had scared her as a child, once she'd grown up they fascinated her. Whenever she had the chance she would creep out and sneak peeks of the ships sailing across the ocean, marveling at how well the crews worked in sync. Mara found her magical abilities when she was young and since then her father had pushed her to develop them, hoping they would one day be strong enough to use against the humans. After his death due to a stray cannonball, she's been quieter and less open about her abilities, choosing to practice in secret.
Appearance: (hope pictures are okay :) )
Mara & Her Tail
Quote:
Name: Azriel Kane
Pirate/Merfolk: Pirate
Stance Toward Other Race: Doesn't know much about them but doesn't hate them
Skills: Give him any melee weapon and he'll be a master of it within moments. Typically prefers his double short swords. Thinks quickly in tight situations.
Background and Personality: Very open about himself and likes to joke around, is only completely serious when a fight's about to occur. Likes to tease people endlessly, which can often times get him into trouble.
Azriel grew up around the ocean. His father and both older brothers made a living of fishing and he was constantly out on the water with them. A couple years after his brothers had left to start their own lives, Azriel's parents were killed by a pirate raiding party who'd come to shore to ransack the closest villages. Anger drove him to become a pirate as well, hunting down the ones who killed his parents in the hopes that he can avenge them.
Appearance: Azriel

Her heart beat wildly as she swam towards the pirate ship, eyes glancing above to ensure that no one had noticed her. Amarantha was careful to remain in the shadows but her platinum blonde hair didn't exactly work in her favor sometimes. Once she was a t a safe distance, the mermaid halted and watched as the vessel drifted by. It would never be possible for her to end up aboard a ship, but she'd always imagined what it was like to travel above the water. A smile spread across her pale lips as she imagined it, fading as she realized that she would need to get back soon. There were potions to be made.

Azriel hung off the ropes and groaned, watching as they sailed further from the navy ship. He'd been itching for a fight for days, and they'd finally had the chance then turned tail and ran. Of course, he knew it wasn't out of fear or anything, because he knew they'd win, but Malphias was right. If they sustained any major damage to the ship, they might not make it to the nearest port in time. "There's always another ship," he mumbled to himself, sliding down the ropes and landing with a thud on the main deck. He sheathed his two short swords and leaned against the railing, the ocean breeze ruffling his hair.
fWEfcS7.gifzgwzOxw.gifMKMP7Ba.png6D1E8Ta.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46