Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [CLOSED] Fire Killed the Cat
1 2 3 4 5 6
"It's very nice!" He had an appreciation for plant life, specifically flowers. He adored flowers. Daemon recalled how his mother had a great garden-- not one she tended to herself, but called it hers. There were more plants than people, little Daemon had thought. He blinked the thought away as he could never return to that life.

Daemon pulled the leaf away from his nose finally, it dyed a sickening crimson. He no longer bled from his nostrils and sighed in relief, letting his body relax from the previously tense situation. He hadn't even realized he was as tense as he was until that very moment.

"Oh, well, I could eat. But I can go hunt, if you'd like."

You could try. The voice teased. Daemon did his best and tried to ignore it.
"It's very nice!" He had an appreciation for plant life, specifically flowers. He adored flowers. Daemon recalled how his mother had a great garden-- not one she tended to herself, but called it hers. There were more plants than people, little Daemon had thought. He blinked the thought away as he could never return to that life.

Daemon pulled the leaf away from his nose finally, it dyed a sickening crimson. He no longer bled from his nostrils and sighed in relief, letting his body relax from the previously tense situation. He hadn't even realized he was as tense as he was until that very moment.

"Oh, well, I could eat. But I can go hunt, if you'd like."

You could try. The voice teased. Daemon did his best and tried to ignore it.
Amorii
Artist & Writer
If not now, then when?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - z-Kazuha-Sig3.png
Finch's grin soon turned to a frown. "It's not safe to hunt at night, given the circumstances. There is some pretty good nocturnal prey out there but its not worth the risk."

The tiny tom made his way to a specific bed of leaves and sat quietly. Dipping his head and flicking his ears, he too, remembered his own past with his mother.

"My mother, she... She went out when I was little at dusk to get some last minute food." The tom paused to lay in the soft, decaying leaves. "I bet you could guess what happened."

His white-toes shifted, covering one of his eyes and playing with a leaf on the other paw. He felt sorrow for just a moment until he thought of a new idea. "We can always hunt in the morning. I know what times prey are most active!"
Finch's grin soon turned to a frown. "It's not safe to hunt at night, given the circumstances. There is some pretty good nocturnal prey out there but its not worth the risk."

The tiny tom made his way to a specific bed of leaves and sat quietly. Dipping his head and flicking his ears, he too, remembered his own past with his mother.

"My mother, she... She went out when I was little at dusk to get some last minute food." The tom paused to lay in the soft, decaying leaves. "I bet you could guess what happened."

His white-toes shifted, covering one of his eyes and playing with a leaf on the other paw. He felt sorrow for just a moment until he thought of a new idea. "We can always hunt in the morning. I know what times prey are most active!"
Why does this foolish kit still care?

"Oh, I'm... I'm so sorry." Daemon's ears fell back, expressing his sadness. He wondered what it would be like to have parents who cared about you; he never considered the grim outcomes that could come from something as sweet and innocent as that.

"If you say so-- you can guess I haven't a clue when prey is out..." The tom chuckled for the first time in a while. It had been a rough evening. He was exhausted and hungry.
Why does this foolish kit still care?

"Oh, I'm... I'm so sorry." Daemon's ears fell back, expressing his sadness. He wondered what it would be like to have parents who cared about you; he never considered the grim outcomes that could come from something as sweet and innocent as that.

"If you say so-- you can guess I haven't a clue when prey is out..." The tom chuckled for the first time in a while. It had been a rough evening. He was exhausted and hungry.
Amorii
Artist & Writer
If not now, then when?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - z-Kazuha-Sig3.png
"I could guess, but I won't judge. You're not from around here, I can understand things can be different or new." The small tom smiled, feeling his whiskers perk up with the grin.

(lol my turn was so short)
"I could guess, but I won't judge. You're not from around here, I can understand things can be different or new." The small tom smiled, feeling his whiskers perk up with the grin.

(lol my turn was so short)
He gave a gentle smile before yawning himself, eyes becoming heavy. His stomach grumbled, demanding he find something to eat before rest. Blue irises shone towards the kill pile, eager to pick out something to eat.

Where are your manners, prince? Daemon's ears flattened as he glanced back at his smaller friend.

"...You're sure I can have some prey?" Daemon asked quietly, preparing to be rejected. He subconsciously began to tap his claws along the ground, creating a slight rhythm. Nothing special, but noticeable.
He gave a gentle smile before yawning himself, eyes becoming heavy. His stomach grumbled, demanding he find something to eat before rest. Blue irises shone towards the kill pile, eager to pick out something to eat.

Where are your manners, prince? Daemon's ears flattened as he glanced back at his smaller friend.

"...You're sure I can have some prey?" Daemon asked quietly, preparing to be rejected. He subconsciously began to tap his claws along the ground, creating a slight rhythm. Nothing special, but noticeable.
Amorii
Artist & Writer
If not now, then when?
The small tom flicked his ear as the other tom spoke. The rhythm of his claws on the earthy floor as well as his voice was soothing him to sleep, but he still had to answer.

"Oh yes of course! If we're going hunting tomorrow, there's no need to preserve the old food." Finch grinned and rested is head upon his paws once more, feeling his consciousness fade with the setting of the sun.
The small tom flicked his ear as the other tom spoke. The rhythm of his claws on the earthy floor as well as his voice was soothing him to sleep, but he still had to answer.

"Oh yes of course! If we're going hunting tomorrow, there's no need to preserve the old food." Finch grinned and rested is head upon his paws once more, feeling his consciousness fade with the setting of the sun.
Daemon was truly grateful for Finch's kindness. He didn't feel like he deserved it, having a monster inside him and all.

"Thank you..." he spoke softly as he noticed the tired look of the other tom before he quickly took a little snack from the kill pile.

- - -

After eating a few mice and satisfying himself, Daemon purred subconsciously as he drifted off to sleep.
Daemon was truly grateful for Finch's kindness. He didn't feel like he deserved it, having a monster inside him and all.

"Thank you..." he spoke softly as he noticed the tired look of the other tom before he quickly took a little snack from the kill pile.

- - -

After eating a few mice and satisfying himself, Daemon purred subconsciously as he drifted off to sleep.
Amorii
Artist & Writer
If not now, then when?
Dawn broke out early, waking a tired Finch from his deep slumber. With the glare of morning sun shining through the crevices in the rocks, he felt a reassuring warmth run beneath his soft coat. The tom felt it bristle alarmingly as it got warmer by the second, much too hot for morning time. This was very odd. As he got up and stretched his legs and toes, he realized it was hot everywhere! Why did his den feel like a two-leg oven?

Oh. That's right. Daemon.

The brown cat peered over his slender shoulder to see the larger tom resting peacefully on the dense floor of the den. He's shared many moments with the earth beneath him, but all he could remember was how his muscles ached after napping in an area like that. How was Daemon so comfortable there?

The sun had finally drifted past the horizon, causing the crevices in the rocky ceiling to dim. Just on cue, a cool breeze swept through the small cave, blowing out the unwanted heat in an instant. Finch opened his mouth slightly as he breathed in the natural air of the forest, enjoying the new morning scent. He could smell the mouth-watering odor of a squirrel lingering with the small gust. Oh that's right! He promised Daemon to hunt today! The small cat padded over to the sleeping tom excitedly, unaware of his tail swishing about uncontrollably. He crouched down just a hare's length from the other's whiskers, waiting for the right moment to wake the feline in deep slumber.

Finch prodded at Daemon's fluffy cheeks with a soft paw to try to wake him, but stopped mid-knead realizing how soft his fur actually was! Compared to the weathered coats of cats he once knew, Daemon's fur was as soft as a pampered kittypet! Besides the soft fur he had, Finch noticed how peaceful the tom looked while sleeping. Remembering the events of dusk yesterday, it was hard to believe that a force of destruction like Daemon could be this relaxed.

The amusement from the brown feline subsided after time. They needed to hunt early before other predators got the easy kill. Finch decided to try a vocal approach to waking the massive tom.

"Wake up, Daemon!" He meowed excitedly.
Dawn broke out early, waking a tired Finch from his deep slumber. With the glare of morning sun shining through the crevices in the rocks, he felt a reassuring warmth run beneath his soft coat. The tom felt it bristle alarmingly as it got warmer by the second, much too hot for morning time. This was very odd. As he got up and stretched his legs and toes, he realized it was hot everywhere! Why did his den feel like a two-leg oven?

Oh. That's right. Daemon.

The brown cat peered over his slender shoulder to see the larger tom resting peacefully on the dense floor of the den. He's shared many moments with the earth beneath him, but all he could remember was how his muscles ached after napping in an area like that. How was Daemon so comfortable there?

The sun had finally drifted past the horizon, causing the crevices in the rocky ceiling to dim. Just on cue, a cool breeze swept through the small cave, blowing out the unwanted heat in an instant. Finch opened his mouth slightly as he breathed in the natural air of the forest, enjoying the new morning scent. He could smell the mouth-watering odor of a squirrel lingering with the small gust. Oh that's right! He promised Daemon to hunt today! The small cat padded over to the sleeping tom excitedly, unaware of his tail swishing about uncontrollably. He crouched down just a hare's length from the other's whiskers, waiting for the right moment to wake the feline in deep slumber.

Finch prodded at Daemon's fluffy cheeks with a soft paw to try to wake him, but stopped mid-knead realizing how soft his fur actually was! Compared to the weathered coats of cats he once knew, Daemon's fur was as soft as a pampered kittypet! Besides the soft fur he had, Finch noticed how peaceful the tom looked while sleeping. Remembering the events of dusk yesterday, it was hard to believe that a force of destruction like Daemon could be this relaxed.

The amusement from the brown feline subsided after time. They needed to hunt early before other predators got the easy kill. Finch decided to try a vocal approach to waking the massive tom.

"Wake up, Daemon!" He meowed excitedly.
He shifted slightly, a purr rising in his throat at the gentle touch to his cheek. He wasn't dreaming, usually he had nightmares that taunted and teased the forsaken prince but oddly after becoming a cat the awful, horrifying imagery had faded. Daemon's sleep was blank, deep and relaxing. It would do him good.

With a flick of his ear, his eyes fluttered open to reveal his bright blue ones, blinking a few times to gain focus in them. He hadn't slept so soundly in such a long time that he had forgotten how hard it was to get up after such a satisfying rest.

"...Finch...?" The larger tom mumbled, confusion clear in his voice as he yawned.
He shifted slightly, a purr rising in his throat at the gentle touch to his cheek. He wasn't dreaming, usually he had nightmares that taunted and teased the forsaken prince but oddly after becoming a cat the awful, horrifying imagery had faded. Daemon's sleep was blank, deep and relaxing. It would do him good.

With a flick of his ear, his eyes fluttered open to reveal his bright blue ones, blinking a few times to gain focus in them. He hadn't slept so soundly in such a long time that he had forgotten how hard it was to get up after such a satisfying rest.

"...Finch...?" The larger tom mumbled, confusion clear in his voice as he yawned.
Amorii
Artist & Writer
If not now, then when?
The small cat leaped up onto his small paws in excitement. He felt his whiskers twitch as another breeze blew through the den, reminding him of the task at hand.

"Good morning!" He purred, not wasting a second to allow him to reply. "Are you ready to start hunting today?"
The small cat leaped up onto his small paws in excitement. He felt his whiskers twitch as another breeze blew through the den, reminding him of the task at hand.

"Good morning!" He purred, not wasting a second to allow him to reply. "Are you ready to start hunting today?"
1 2 3 4 5 6