Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [CLOSED] Fire Killed the Cat
1 2 3 4 5 6
Daemon leapt back in shock at the horrific sight, the insane, awful smell, the fear he could sense from everyone including himself. It was too much for the young cat, who was also drained from his ferocious attack and forced his posture to become slanted and awkward. His ears were pulled back, tight against the cat's skull.

His eyes returned to their bright, sky color however steam rose from his eyes and dwindled from his nose. He was too hot for tears to come out in liquid form; instead they rose to the air. He let out a frustrated yowl, voice cracking with emotion as he cried.

"W-what did you make me DO?!" He demanded out loud, despite the force being in his own mind. He was too shocked to realize, neglecting to notice the stream of blood that flew from his nose.

Your hesitance almost got us killed. I simply stepped in to save our lives, foolish boy. The voice was unsettling; another voice in his own mind. It was hot and felt like lava pooling in his mind every time a word of the other's thoughts came out. Daemon felt like he had been infected with some sort of parasite.

"You made me KILL someone!" He snarled, before his soft, sensitive ears flicked upward and his head turned, uncertainty and fear reflected in his irises as he saw Finch was still there. The blood sprayed across the blackened steaks of grass below when Daemon had turned his head.

"Finch... I'm sorry... I didn't mean t-to... I didn't want to..." He stumbled over his words as he searched his mind for the right thing to say.

He had wanted to keep the other tom safe but all he had done was ruin what little chance of friendship he had.
Daemon leapt back in shock at the horrific sight, the insane, awful smell, the fear he could sense from everyone including himself. It was too much for the young cat, who was also drained from his ferocious attack and forced his posture to become slanted and awkward. His ears were pulled back, tight against the cat's skull.

His eyes returned to their bright, sky color however steam rose from his eyes and dwindled from his nose. He was too hot for tears to come out in liquid form; instead they rose to the air. He let out a frustrated yowl, voice cracking with emotion as he cried.

"W-what did you make me DO?!" He demanded out loud, despite the force being in his own mind. He was too shocked to realize, neglecting to notice the stream of blood that flew from his nose.

Your hesitance almost got us killed. I simply stepped in to save our lives, foolish boy. The voice was unsettling; another voice in his own mind. It was hot and felt like lava pooling in his mind every time a word of the other's thoughts came out. Daemon felt like he had been infected with some sort of parasite.

"You made me KILL someone!" He snarled, before his soft, sensitive ears flicked upward and his head turned, uncertainty and fear reflected in his irises as he saw Finch was still there. The blood sprayed across the blackened steaks of grass below when Daemon had turned his head.

"Finch... I'm sorry... I didn't mean t-to... I didn't want to..." He stumbled over his words as he searched his mind for the right thing to say.

He had wanted to keep the other tom safe but all he had done was ruin what little chance of friendship he had.
Amorii
Artist & Writer
If not now, then when?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - z-Kazuha-Sig3.png
"D- Daemon..." Finch gave out under his breath. With dark paws trembling, he backed away even further from this cat. What was he supposed to think? A cat that can breathe fire? Taking down a fox in one swift blow? And was he... talking to himself? What kind of monster was this cat? Is he even feline at all???

Finch's thoughts kept spiraling and were making him panic. The tiny feline had no idea what to do now. Should he help this cat any longer or could it lead to his own fiery death? No... Finch was one for fleeing from danger, but this tom found him and asked him for help. He can't turn away someone in need for his help, or even in need for a friend.

"Are... are you ok?" Finch paused, holding his breath awaiting an answer.
"D- Daemon..." Finch gave out under his breath. With dark paws trembling, he backed away even further from this cat. What was he supposed to think? A cat that can breathe fire? Taking down a fox in one swift blow? And was he... talking to himself? What kind of monster was this cat? Is he even feline at all???

Finch's thoughts kept spiraling and were making him panic. The tiny feline had no idea what to do now. Should he help this cat any longer or could it lead to his own fiery death? No... Finch was one for fleeing from danger, but this tom found him and asked him for help. He can't turn away someone in need for his help, or even in need for a friend.

"Are... are you ok?" Finch paused, holding his breath awaiting an answer.
I can't blame him for hating me. After witnessing that... there's no way he'll believe me. No way he'll ever trust me. No way he'll ever-- He was thrust out of his thoughts at Finch's voice, whom was understandably trembling. Daemon kept feeling worse and worse, sick to his stomach with regret. He reached up to brush his bangs aside but noticed the crimson liquid that had dripped down, onto his otherwise clean white paws.

"Ah... I'm... I think I'm bleeding..." Daemon said quietly, soon realizing he was bleeding from his nose due to his power. The tom silently cursed himself and looked around for something to help absorb the blood.

He didn't punch me in the face... did he? Daemon asked the fire spirit but there was no answer as it had decided to go silent on him once more.
I can't blame him for hating me. After witnessing that... there's no way he'll believe me. No way he'll ever trust me. No way he'll ever-- He was thrust out of his thoughts at Finch's voice, whom was understandably trembling. Daemon kept feeling worse and worse, sick to his stomach with regret. He reached up to brush his bangs aside but noticed the crimson liquid that had dripped down, onto his otherwise clean white paws.

"Ah... I'm... I think I'm bleeding..." Daemon said quietly, soon realizing he was bleeding from his nose due to his power. The tom silently cursed himself and looked around for something to help absorb the blood.

He didn't punch me in the face... did he? Daemon asked the fire spirit but there was no answer as it had decided to go silent on him once more.
Amorii
Artist & Writer
If not now, then when?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - z-Kazuha-Sig3.png
The tiny tom rushed over to Daemon in a flash, inspecting what cuts and scrapes that the fight had caused, as well as his bloody nose running as fast as a waterfall. Finch could feel the warmth of the tom's breath as well as the steam coming from his eyes and mouth. He couldn't tell what for other than the unexpected fire situation, but Daemon seemed too shaken to speak. With no time to spare, Finch pawed the other's face gently to stop his nose from dripping the red liquid everywhere. If it were to pool under Daemon, they'd be food for more predators with a good sense of smell.

"Let's get back to my den quickly so I can help you... It should be up ahead some more after the foxes territory. We'll be there shortly." Finch tried his best to help the other tom who was obviously stuck in a trance, being as confused as Finch was. The smaller tom stopped touching the other feline's face to grab a large leaf to stop the blood flow temporarily. It won't hold the blood very well, but it can at least collect the liquid to prevent a trail while looking for Finch's home.

"I'll get you back as safely as I can this time. I'm not going to leave you."
The tiny tom rushed over to Daemon in a flash, inspecting what cuts and scrapes that the fight had caused, as well as his bloody nose running as fast as a waterfall. Finch could feel the warmth of the tom's breath as well as the steam coming from his eyes and mouth. He couldn't tell what for other than the unexpected fire situation, but Daemon seemed too shaken to speak. With no time to spare, Finch pawed the other's face gently to stop his nose from dripping the red liquid everywhere. If it were to pool under Daemon, they'd be food for more predators with a good sense of smell.

"Let's get back to my den quickly so I can help you... It should be up ahead some more after the foxes territory. We'll be there shortly." Finch tried his best to help the other tom who was obviously stuck in a trance, being as confused as Finch was. The smaller tom stopped touching the other feline's face to grab a large leaf to stop the blood flow temporarily. It won't hold the blood very well, but it can at least collect the liquid to prevent a trail while looking for Finch's home.

"I'll get you back as safely as I can this time. I'm not going to leave you."
He held the leaf, given to him by Finch to stop the bleeding, to his nose. He felt awful, putting this innocent life in such trouble.

Why am I such a failure? Daemon questioned himself, a frown plastered onto his face. His blood would only have Finch in a worse position than before; now predators could smell the crimson liquid and spring to them.

"You don't have to..." He mumbled. "I've already done enough, haven't I? I don't want you to get hurt."
He held the leaf, given to him by Finch to stop the bleeding, to his nose. He felt awful, putting this innocent life in such trouble.

Why am I such a failure? Daemon questioned himself, a frown plastered onto his face. His blood would only have Finch in a worse position than before; now predators could smell the crimson liquid and spring to them.

"You don't have to..." He mumbled. "I've already done enough, haven't I? I don't want you to get hurt."
Amorii
Artist & Writer
If not now, then when?
Finch gave out a slight huff when he began walking into the direction of his den. "Don't worry about me." He replied blankly.

The brown tom signaled Daemon to follow him with one swish of his dark tail, and padded quietly through the dense brush. It was getting a little darker now as the sun was beginning to set, making for an easier escape from nearby predators. Both knew they had to keep quiet from these dangers lurking as well as other foxes who have come for revenge, thus creating silence between the two.

He didn't want to be distant from Daemon, yet he didn't want to talk about what happened either. What he saw was frightening, confusing, almost untrustworthy. He hadn't known this tom for long, but for what he had seen with him, he wasn't normal. The feline traveled beyond Daemon, staying out of the realm to speak. He needed this time to think of what to do next, rather than focusing on what happened now. There would be time for that when they were safe from any more harm.
Finch gave out a slight huff when he began walking into the direction of his den. "Don't worry about me." He replied blankly.

The brown tom signaled Daemon to follow him with one swish of his dark tail, and padded quietly through the dense brush. It was getting a little darker now as the sun was beginning to set, making for an easier escape from nearby predators. Both knew they had to keep quiet from these dangers lurking as well as other foxes who have come for revenge, thus creating silence between the two.

He didn't want to be distant from Daemon, yet he didn't want to talk about what happened either. What he saw was frightening, confusing, almost untrustworthy. He hadn't known this tom for long, but for what he had seen with him, he wasn't normal. The feline traveled beyond Daemon, staying out of the realm to speak. He needed this time to think of what to do next, rather than focusing on what happened now. There would be time for that when they were safe from any more harm.
Daemon was sure to keep silent during the walk. He didn't need to make it worse for the tom. Finch was already going out of his way to make sure Daemon was alright; afterwards, he was sure to rid himself of the fire demon.

Isn't that why you're called Daemon? The voice teased, prodding at Daemon's weaknesses. He felt his claws unsheath and dig into the dirt below as he padded along behind Finch. A frown only grew bigger.

Why do you come back into my head at the worst of times? Daemon growled internally, however being sure to focus on Finch as to not lose himself in the forest.
Daemon was sure to keep silent during the walk. He didn't need to make it worse for the tom. Finch was already going out of his way to make sure Daemon was alright; afterwards, he was sure to rid himself of the fire demon.

Isn't that why you're called Daemon? The voice teased, prodding at Daemon's weaknesses. He felt his claws unsheath and dig into the dirt below as he padded along behind Finch. A frown only grew bigger.

Why do you come back into my head at the worst of times? Daemon growled internally, however being sure to focus on Finch as to not lose himself in the forest.
Amorii
Artist & Writer
If not now, then when?
(WOAH I am actually mind blown that is clever for a name)

Thoughts kept spiraling higher within the cat's mind. Even if it wasn't the best time to think about these things, Finch had to do what kept him and Daemon safe. He hadn't had any cat come around and be this friendly in moons. This was a chance he couldn't just shrug off. Daemon felt special to him somehow; Even if they had only just met, there was a glow about him that he hadn't felt with anyone else.

Within deep pondering, Finch had forgotten he was walking to his own den! As a wake up call, he ran head on into a slab of stone that structured his tiny, worn abode. Bouncing back in recoil and surprise, Finch felt his cheeks redden and whiskers stiffen, realizing how embarrassing that was from Daemon's view. In hopes to cover it up, he awkwardly introduced his home to his tired friend.

"Oh- I'm sorry, that usually never happens." Finch hesitantly spoke. "Anyway, come on in!"

It certainly wasn't much in a cat's eyes for a home. Only a few slabs of limestone held up a single room within the side of a hill. Vibrant green vines and other foliage had submerged the earth with a comfort feeling, even if Finch's home was stuck in the underground. It was small, quaint, but somehow homey even with the few openings up above the room to let light in and a bed of leaves for sleeping. And of course, a pile of relatively-fresh kill for the both to eat.
(WOAH I am actually mind blown that is clever for a name)

Thoughts kept spiraling higher within the cat's mind. Even if it wasn't the best time to think about these things, Finch had to do what kept him and Daemon safe. He hadn't had any cat come around and be this friendly in moons. This was a chance he couldn't just shrug off. Daemon felt special to him somehow; Even if they had only just met, there was a glow about him that he hadn't felt with anyone else.

Within deep pondering, Finch had forgotten he was walking to his own den! As a wake up call, he ran head on into a slab of stone that structured his tiny, worn abode. Bouncing back in recoil and surprise, Finch felt his cheeks redden and whiskers stiffen, realizing how embarrassing that was from Daemon's view. In hopes to cover it up, he awkwardly introduced his home to his tired friend.

"Oh- I'm sorry, that usually never happens." Finch hesitantly spoke. "Anyway, come on in!"

It certainly wasn't much in a cat's eyes for a home. Only a few slabs of limestone held up a single room within the side of a hill. Vibrant green vines and other foliage had submerged the earth with a comfort feeling, even if Finch's home was stuck in the underground. It was small, quaint, but somehow homey even with the few openings up above the room to let light in and a bed of leaves for sleeping. And of course, a pile of relatively-fresh kill for the both to eat.
(I'm glad someone thinks so; I thought it was lame x'D)

Finch's sudden pawsteps thudding against the ground with force and power, thrusting the smaller tom forward and ahead of the depressed Daemon. He perked his head up, ear twitching as he watched the cat speed off... Before an abrupt stop after meeting face-to-face with some sort of object.

What the? Is he OK?

"Ah, uh, thank you." Daemon said hastily as he sped up his own pace and headed into the decretive home-- well, for a cat. The forsaken prince had seen much more elegant, richer homes containing people but this was surprisingly well done for a cat den.

"This is a very nice place you have here... Make it yourself?" He asked innocently.
(I'm glad someone thinks so; I thought it was lame x'D)

Finch's sudden pawsteps thudding against the ground with force and power, thrusting the smaller tom forward and ahead of the depressed Daemon. He perked his head up, ear twitching as he watched the cat speed off... Before an abrupt stop after meeting face-to-face with some sort of object.

What the? Is he OK?

"Ah, uh, thank you." Daemon said hastily as he sped up his own pace and headed into the decretive home-- well, for a cat. The forsaken prince had seen much more elegant, richer homes containing people but this was surprisingly well done for a cat den.

"This is a very nice place you have here... Make it yourself?" He asked innocently.
Amorii
Artist & Writer
If not now, then when?
Finch grinned at Daemon's question. "I didn't do much but make it pretty. I grew most of the plants around here."

Finch pawed over to the spot where the kill was collected and bit down hard on the tarp under the pile. Since dusk was upon them, it was only common sense that taking the pile of food inside would deter whatever lurked in the shadows. He was small in size, but he could sure drag weight when he needed to.

"These vines I planted really do help to hide from other animals and deter smells with the flowers that bloom on it." Finch pointed out with confidence. "We don't need to ramble for long though, you must be starving."
Finch grinned at Daemon's question. "I didn't do much but make it pretty. I grew most of the plants around here."

Finch pawed over to the spot where the kill was collected and bit down hard on the tarp under the pile. Since dusk was upon them, it was only common sense that taking the pile of food inside would deter whatever lurked in the shadows. He was small in size, but he could sure drag weight when he needed to.

"These vines I planted really do help to hide from other animals and deter smells with the flowers that bloom on it." Finch pointed out with confidence. "We don't need to ramble for long though, you must be starving."
1 2 3 4 5 6