Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Allied Clans RP - [Private 1x1]
The Lunate clan and Clan Cuprus are allied. Although they live in very different places and enjoy completely different things, they somehow manage to get along.
Well, most of the time.

The Lunate clan and Clan Cuprus are allied. Although they live in very different places and enjoy completely different things, they somehow manage to get along.
Well, most of the time.

AXFBrIx.png
@Coppercloud [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19564261] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/195643/19564261_350.png[/img] [/url] The excitable mirror had always wanted to be a messanger - well, not always. When he was a hatchling he had wanted to be, but he soon found that his unique anatomy was much better suited to diving and angling than running. Fortunately, there was a way for him to both swim and deliver messages. "Vayle," Marax had stopped him on his way to the Driftwood Drag one day. "Vayle, I need you to deliver a message to the Cuprous clan." "What?!" Vayle yelped, surprised by both the Pearlcatcher's random appearance (he had sworm that Marax hadn't been there a moment ago...) and his verdict. "D...doesn't Goldynrod usually deliver the messages?" "Yes," the blue-grey pearlcatcher had replied, "he does. But the Twisting Crescendo is acting quite violently and prevents flight from Lunate to Cuprous. We need another mode of transportation, and you're the best swimmer in the clan." Marax explained that Vayle would need cut through the Sea of a Thousand Currents, then through the deep canyon-rivers of the Windswept Plateau, and finally traverse miles of open ocean to reach the Starfall Isles. "Goldynrod mapped this route out, Vayle. It's the shortest and safest way." Of course Vayle had accepted the mission. It wasn't like he'd say no to the most powerful Mage of the clan, the right-claw dragon of the Matriarch and Patriarch. So, the next day, he had eaten his fill of fish, said his goodbyes, and started on his way. His webbed claws were capable of propelling him quickly though the water, and swishes of his tail and flaps of his wings gave him bursts of speed and power. Within a week, he had arrived at the outer reaches of the Starfall Isles, thin and waterlogged. The gasping mirror hung on to one of the pinkish spines of rock, his energy completely spent. Waves and currents buffeted his exhausted form, and he was [i]so close[/i] to his destination - but completely at the mercy of the elements and dragons of the Isles. [i]I'm a good swimmer[/i], he thought, [i]but not for such long distances. [/i] He heard the loud flapping of wings above him and closed his eyes, sure that he would be taken in to slavery or killed...
@Coppercloud

19564261_350.png

The excitable mirror had always wanted to be a messanger - well, not always. When he was a hatchling he had wanted to be, but he soon found that his unique anatomy was much better suited to diving and angling than running.
Fortunately, there was a way for him to both swim and deliver messages.
"Vayle," Marax had stopped him on his way to the Driftwood Drag one day. "Vayle, I need you to deliver a message to the Cuprous clan."
"What?!" Vayle yelped, surprised by both the Pearlcatcher's random appearance (he had sworm that Marax hadn't been there a moment ago...) and his verdict. "D...doesn't Goldynrod usually deliver the messages?"
"Yes," the blue-grey pearlcatcher had replied, "he does. But the Twisting Crescendo is acting quite violently and prevents flight from Lunate to Cuprous. We need another mode of transportation, and you're the best swimmer in the clan."
Marax explained that Vayle would need cut through the Sea of a Thousand Currents, then through the deep canyon-rivers of the Windswept Plateau, and finally traverse miles of open ocean to reach the Starfall Isles.
"Goldynrod mapped this route out, Vayle. It's the shortest and safest way."
Of course Vayle had accepted the mission. It wasn't like he'd say no to the most powerful Mage of the clan, the right-claw dragon of the Matriarch and Patriarch.
So, the next day, he had eaten his fill of fish, said his goodbyes, and started on his way.
His webbed claws were capable of propelling him quickly though the water, and swishes of his tail and flaps of his wings gave him bursts of speed and power. Within a week, he had arrived at the outer reaches of the Starfall Isles, thin and waterlogged.
The gasping mirror hung on to one of the pinkish spines of rock, his energy completely spent. Waves and currents buffeted his exhausted form, and he was so close to his destination - but completely at the mercy of the elements and dragons of the Isles.
I'm a good swimmer, he thought, but not for such long distances.
He heard the loud flapping of wings above him and closed his eyes, sure that he would be taken in to slavery or killed...
AXFBrIx.png
@Tavvy [Poor Vayle XD] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25802949] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/258030/25802949_350.png[/img] [/url] Juro didn't know what compelled him to go on his spontaneous hunt. The clan was already well-fed, there were dozens of stacks of reserve food in the hoard, and Zada had already made it clear that the duties of the clan were to be postponed to recover from the recent dom push. Yet, as Juro meandered out from the rocky magenta enclove where the Cuprous clan was hidden, he couldn't shake a feeling of unease. With a powerful flap of his midnight black wings, Juro took to the skies. [I]It's just a quick patrol mission, [/i] he assured himself, [i]nothing to worry about. [/i] He had almost finished circling the perimeter of the Focal Point when he saw the small flash of yellow below. He narrowed his eyes and swooped down to get a closer look, but gasped when he saw what it was. There, clinging desperately onto the steep ledge below, was a dragon he recognized dimly from his childhood. He remembered the dark green dragon by his blinking yellow bulb, and, of course, the swarm of fish around him. Waves were pounding mercilessly against the dragon's exposed back, and Juro could tell that he was quickly losing his grip. [I]Great. [/i] Juro rolled his eyes. [I]What was a dragon from the Lunate clan doing here? Hopefully they weren't sent by his mother to spy on him, again. He thought that he had made it clear that he was safe and happy in the Cuprous clan, but apparently the matriarch of the Lunate clan wouldn't take no for an aswer.[/i] Despite his best judgment, Juro found himself slowly descending towards the waterlogged Mirror. Annoyed, he swooped down, grabbed the dragon in his talons, and, ignoring the frantic yelps of the dragon below him, started heading home. [I]Whoever he was, he had some serious explaining to do. [/i]
@Tavvy [Poor Vayle XD]

25802949_350.png

Juro didn't know what compelled him to go on his spontaneous hunt. The clan was already well-fed, there were dozens of stacks of reserve food in the hoard, and Zada had already made it clear that the duties of the clan were to be postponed to recover from the recent dom push. Yet, as Juro meandered out from the rocky magenta enclove where the Cuprous clan was hidden, he couldn't shake a feeling of unease. With a powerful flap of his midnight black wings, Juro took to the skies. It's just a quick patrol mission, he assured himself, nothing to worry about.

He had almost finished circling the perimeter of the Focal Point when he saw the small flash of yellow below. He narrowed his eyes and swooped down to get a closer look, but gasped when he saw what it was. There, clinging desperately onto the steep ledge below, was a dragon he recognized dimly from his childhood. He remembered the dark green dragon by his blinking yellow bulb, and, of course, the swarm of fish around him. Waves were pounding mercilessly against the dragon's exposed back, and Juro could tell that he was quickly losing his grip. Great. Juro rolled his eyes. What was a dragon from the Lunate clan doing here? Hopefully they weren't sent by his mother to spy on him, again. He thought that he had made it clear that he was safe and happy in the Cuprous clan, but apparently the matriarch of the Lunate clan wouldn't take no for an aswer.

Despite his best judgment, Juro found himself slowly descending towards the waterlogged Mirror. Annoyed, he swooped down, grabbed the dragon in his talons, and, ignoring the frantic yelps of the dragon below him, started heading home. Whoever he was, he had some serious explaining to do.
OOf4SrF.gifbutton_by_cas_a_fras-db5gcvc.pngOOf4SrF.gif
@Coppercloud [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19564261] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/195643/19564261_350.png[/img] [/url] Vayle tried to struggle - he really did - but the guardian was massive, nearly as big as the Matriarch and Patriarch of his clan. Trying to bite a thickly-scaled talon led to a sore jaw and absolutely no damage to the guardian. After he settled down somewhat, Vayle discovered exactly how cold he was. They were high up, and he was still chilled from the seawater. The wind rushing past him certainly wasn't helping. Vayle growled weakly at the huge guardian. "W..where are you taking me?" His words were snatched away by the howling wind. "O...y, it's f-freezing up here....j..just drop me, for Shadowbinder's sake!" He seriously doubted that the massive dragon carrying him had heard a single word.
@Coppercloud

19564261_350.png

Vayle tried to struggle - he really did - but the guardian was massive, nearly as big as the Matriarch and Patriarch of his clan. Trying to bite a thickly-scaled talon led to a sore jaw and absolutely no damage to the guardian.
After he settled down somewhat, Vayle discovered exactly how cold he was. They were high up, and he was still chilled from the seawater. The wind rushing past him certainly wasn't helping.
Vayle growled weakly at the huge guardian. "W..where are you taking me?" His words were snatched away by the howling wind. "O...y, it's f-freezing up here....j..just drop me, for Shadowbinder's sake!"
He seriously doubted that the massive dragon carrying him had heard a single word.
AXFBrIx.png
@Tavvy [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25802949] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/258030/25802949_350.png[/img] [/url] "Oh great." Juro grumbled as the dragon clawed at his grasp like a drowning rat. It's not like he could feel it, after all he was nearly three times the Mirror's size, but the incessent screeching was beginning to get on his nerves. "Cut it out, will you?" Juro called down through the wind. "We'll be there soon." "W-where are you taking me?" The dragon responded, his voice shaky. Juro just ignored him and continued flying. As far as he was concerned, the dragon under his watch was the only one responsible for answering any questions. Even better, the howling of the wind would give him a viable excuse. After a few blissful minutes of silent traveling, Juro began to descend toward the familiar territory of the Cuprous clan. As he released the dragon from his clutch, he landed expertly on the crystalline terrain and winced as his captive crashed painfully to the ground. Juro approached him, nudging his limp body with an outstretched claw. [I]Shoot. [/i] He grimaced, the mirror still unresponsive despite his prodding. [I]Dreaming was going to be furious if she had to heal another one of his mistakes, and no one wanted to get on her bad side. Well, there was nothing he could do about it now. All he could do was hope for the best. [/i] Exasperated, Juro lugged the Mirror onto his back and began the trek back to the hidden lair of the Cuprous clan. As he retraced his steps and ducked below the familiar jutting, rose-colored spine, he thought he felt the Mirror begin to stir. [I]About time, [/i] Juro breathed a sigh of relief as he entered the secret cave and lumbered into the bright opening of the lair. [I]He'd better have an explanation, and a good one at that. [/i]
@Tavvy

25802949_350.png

"Oh great." Juro grumbled as the dragon clawed at his grasp like a drowning rat. It's not like he could feel it, after all he was nearly three times the Mirror's size, but the incessent screeching was beginning to get on his nerves.

"Cut it out, will you?" Juro called down through the wind. "We'll be there soon."

"W-where are you taking me?" The dragon responded, his voice shaky. Juro just ignored him and continued flying. As far as he was concerned, the dragon under his watch was the only one responsible for answering any questions. Even better, the howling of the wind would give him a viable excuse.

After a few blissful minutes of silent traveling, Juro began to descend toward the familiar territory of the Cuprous clan. As he released the dragon from his clutch, he landed expertly on the crystalline terrain and winced as his captive crashed painfully to the ground. Juro approached him, nudging his limp body with an outstretched claw. Shoot. He grimaced, the mirror still unresponsive despite his prodding. Dreaming was going to be furious if she had to heal another one of his mistakes, and no one wanted to get on her bad side. Well, there was nothing he could do about it now. All he could do was hope for the best.

Exasperated, Juro lugged the Mirror onto his back and began the trek back to the hidden lair of the Cuprous clan. As he retraced his steps and ducked below the familiar jutting, rose-colored spine, he thought he felt the Mirror begin to stir. About time, Juro breathed a sigh of relief as he entered the secret cave and lumbered into the bright opening of the lair. He'd better have an explanation, and a good one at that.
@Coppercloud [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19564261] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/195643/19564261_350.png[/img] [/url] "E...eugh...." Vayle coughed, then his eyes shot open. Everything hurt. [i]Literally[/i] everything. "I came here...to deliver...a message...." He gasped, sneezing some saltwater from his lungs. "It's important.....hhh...." The mirror struggled to push himself up, but he instantly failed in doing so. "Gah. Marax told me to...deliver it directly to the patr...the patriarch or matriarch...of your clan...." Vayle decided that it was a good time to try and claw his way off of the guardian's back, which he did not seem to appreciate.
@Coppercloud

19564261_350.png

"E...eugh...." Vayle coughed, then his eyes shot open. Everything hurt. Literally everything.
"I came here...to deliver...a message...." He gasped, sneezing some saltwater from his lungs. "It's important.....hhh...."
The mirror struggled to push himself up, but he instantly failed in doing so. "Gah. Marax told me to...deliver it directly to the patr...the patriarch or matriarch...of your clan...." Vayle decided that it was a good time to try and claw his way off of the guardian's back, which he did not seem to appreciate.
AXFBrIx.png
@Tavvy [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20084963] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/200850/20084963_350.png[/img] [/url]Zada could feel it stirring. A low hum in the air, a gentle trembling as the magic veins split the soil beneath them and diverged into the many reservoirs that lay hidden below the Starwood Strand. It ebbed and flowed with a melody all of its own, fueling the magic-infused terrain of the Arcane realm and supplying mages such as herself, but today, something didn’t feel quite right about it. Zada shuddered. As a fae, she was hypersensitive to such changes in the constantly-fluxing torrent of power, but somehow, she knew that the strong Arcane magic that had powered their clan for so long was no longer as it should be. Something was wrong, and the discord seemed to impede her mind and send her thoughts into disorganized turmoil. [i]Focus, Zada.[/i] She took a deep breath, exhaling deeply as if to try to clear the invisible murk from her head. [i]A clan leader can’t afford to experience instances such as these. You have to be strong, for the Cuprous clan.[/i] “Zada!” The voice sliced through her overwhelming introspection, jolting her back into the present. She glanced up sharply to find Juro, a member of her clan, bowing earnestly down at her despite his towering size. On top of his back lay a limp, panting Mirror dragon, still sopping from who-knew-what. Zada wrinkled her nose in distaste. If there was anything she hated, it was laziness and disorder. This dragon, whoever he was, seemed to have an excess of both. “State your purpose.” Zada flitted her wings just enough to arrive at eye-level with the dripping dragon. He just stared back at her uncomprehendingly. “I believe there’s been a misunderstanding.” He began, coughing slightly. “I need to talk to the leader of this clan.” Zada bristled, her frill rising with unconscious aggression. “And I believe that I’ve made it quite clear - you’re looking at her.” The mirror gaped. “Oh.” A single drop of water trickled unceremoniously down his snout, quickly losing the fight to gravity and dropping squarely onto Zada’s head. She yelped in surprise, and, rapidly losing altitude, crashed into the pile of mud that his dripping had created. Zada stood slowly, shook herself off with an unbridled rage, and blazed instantly back into the air, buzzing furiously near his face. It took all her self control not to unleash the ferocity she was feeling, but instead she just narrowed her eyes. When she spoke, her voice was a deadly hiss. “Alright, talk.”
@Tavvy

20084963_350.png
Zada could feel it stirring. A low hum in the air, a gentle trembling as the magic veins split the soil beneath them and diverged into the many reservoirs that lay hidden below the Starwood Strand. It ebbed and flowed with a melody all of its own, fueling the magic-infused terrain of the Arcane realm and supplying mages such as herself, but today, something didn’t feel quite right about it. Zada shuddered. As a fae, she was hypersensitive to such changes in the constantly-fluxing torrent of power, but somehow, she knew that the strong Arcane magic that had powered their clan for so long was no longer as it should be. Something was wrong, and the discord seemed to impede her mind and send her thoughts into disorganized turmoil.

Focus, Zada. She took a deep breath, exhaling deeply as if to try to clear the invisible murk from her head. A clan leader can’t afford to experience instances such as these. You have to be strong, for the Cuprous clan.

“Zada!” The voice sliced through her overwhelming introspection, jolting her back into the present. She glanced up sharply to find Juro, a member of her clan, bowing earnestly down at her despite his towering size. On top of his back lay a limp, panting Mirror dragon, still sopping from who-knew-what. Zada wrinkled her nose in distaste. If there was anything she hated, it was laziness and disorder. This dragon, whoever he was, seemed to have an excess of both.

“State your purpose.” Zada flitted her wings just enough to arrive at eye-level with the dripping dragon. He just stared back at her uncomprehendingly.

“I believe there’s been a misunderstanding.” He began, coughing slightly. “I need to talk to the leader of this clan.”

Zada bristled, her frill rising with unconscious aggression. “And I believe that I’ve made it quite clear - you’re looking at her.”

The mirror gaped. “Oh.” A single drop of water trickled unceremoniously down his snout, quickly losing the fight to gravity and dropping squarely onto Zada’s head. She yelped in surprise, and, rapidly losing altitude, crashed into the pile of mud that his dripping had created. Zada stood slowly, shook herself off with an unbridled rage, and blazed instantly back into the air, buzzing furiously near his face.

It took all her self control not to unleash the ferocity she was feeling, but instead she just narrowed her eyes. When she spoke, her voice was a deadly hiss. “Alright, talk.”
@CopperCloud [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19564261] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/195643/19564261_350.png[/img] [/url] "R...right." Vayle tried desperately to compose himself. Annoyance was dripping off the fae in copious amounts, but Vayle reckoned that there was more saltwater was dripping off of him than there was anger off the fae. "...Our mage...Marax...he prophesied something horrible." Vayle swallowed hard and continued. "Since our clans are allied, M...Marax wanted me to come here to...to tell you first." The fae looked extremely skeptical of Vayle's words, but he plowed on, flapping his ear frills nervously. "You...you have a Shade-touched dragon in your lair, correct?" The look on the fae's face betrayed the answer. Vayle flicked a drop of water off of his claw and continued. "Well, Marax m...made me memorize the prophecy to t...t....tell you." The soggy and exhausted mirror drew himself up to the best of his abilities, cleared his throat, and spoke in words that weren't his own: [center] [i]"It approaches, strengthens, manifests. Encroaches, swirls and then infests. Those few who have been contacted By brutal darkness since redacted Grow stronger. Fester. Faster."[/i][/center] Vayle took a deep breath before continuing blankly. [center] [i]"Magics of Arcane or worse Cannot stop this wretched curse. The Shade possesses them, they're but vessels No longer are even slightly in control. So now a higher power takes the reins Shade can overthrow out clans' reigns. Rulers no longer, the dark grows Stronger. Fester. Faster."[/i][/center] Obviously extremely agitated, Vayle stumbled at the last word. "T...the Shade-touched dragons...they're...they're completely losing control of themselves, they - they're unstoppable, almost as strong as [i]Deities[/i] - and they're bent on [i]spreading[/i] their curse." Completely spent, the drenched mirror swayed on his feet, then collapsed into a heap. [center][b]{Meanwhile, back at the Lunate clan}[/b][/center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20709042] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/207091/20709042_350.png[/img] [/url] His meditation had been interrupted. The ruby glow of his eyes slowly flickered out. His iris faded to its usual icy white. Slowly, his pearl returned to the ground from where it had been levitating in front of his forehead. Marax's whiskers twitched, and the feeling in his chest shifted uncomfortably. [i]The message has been delivered[/i], he thought, pacing. [i]Now all I can do is hope that they believe him.[/i]
@CopperCloud

19564261_350.png

"R...right." Vayle tried desperately to compose himself. Annoyance was dripping off the fae in copious amounts, but Vayle reckoned that there was more saltwater was dripping off of him than there was anger off the fae.
"...Our mage...Marax...he prophesied something horrible." Vayle swallowed hard and continued. "Since our clans are allied, M...Marax wanted me to come here to...to tell you first."
The fae looked extremely skeptical of Vayle's words, but he plowed on, flapping his ear frills nervously. "You...you have a Shade-touched dragon in your lair, correct?"
The look on the fae's face betrayed the answer.
Vayle flicked a drop of water off of his claw and continued. "Well, Marax m...made me memorize the prophecy to t...t....tell you." The soggy and exhausted mirror drew himself up to the best of his abilities, cleared his throat, and spoke in words that weren't his own:

"It approaches, strengthens, manifests.
Encroaches, swirls and then infests.
Those few who have been contacted
By brutal darkness since redacted
Grow stronger.
Fester.
Faster."

Vayle took a deep breath before continuing blankly.

"Magics of Arcane or worse
Cannot stop this wretched curse.
The Shade possesses them, they're but vessels
No longer are even slightly in control.
So now a higher power takes the reins
Shade can overthrow out clans' reigns.
Rulers no longer, the dark grows
Stronger.
Fester.
Faster."

Obviously extremely agitated, Vayle stumbled at the last word. "T...the Shade-touched dragons...they're...they're completely losing control of themselves, they - they're unstoppable, almost as strong as Deities - and they're bent on spreading their curse."
Completely spent, the drenched mirror swayed on his feet, then collapsed into a heap.

{Meanwhile, back at the Lunate clan}

20709042_350.png

His meditation had been interrupted.
The ruby glow of his eyes slowly flickered out. His iris faded to its usual icy white. Slowly, his pearl returned to the ground from where it had been levitating in front of his forehead.
Marax's whiskers twitched, and the feeling in his chest shifted uncomfortably. The message has been delivered, he thought, pacing. Now all I can do is hope that they believe him.

AXFBrIx.png
@Tavvy [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20084963] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/200850/20084963_350.png[/img] [/url] Zada narrowed her eyes. Despite her initial dislike of the dripping dragon, he seemed to be telling the truth. She didn't know why she had so much trust in him, let alone any, but there was just something about that prophecy... [I]Stronger. Fester. Faster.[/I] She shivered involuntarily. If he was telling the truth, that would explain everything. She had always been aware of the patterns of the normally-constant influx of magic in the Arcane domain, but recently it had been somewhat... glitching. Only hours before, the magic reservoir had almost dried up completely. There was no explanation, well, none besides this one. Zada considered it.[I] Without magic, the clan would die.[/I] And she simply refused to accept the position of queen in an abandoned lair. "Alright." When she spoke next, her voice was a whisper. She gazed up at the shocked Mirror, her determination growing as she recognized his immense relief. Landing expertly on the ground, she motioned for Juro to take his leave. He nodded and retreated back into the dark corner of the lair where he had already claimed his territory. Now, it was just the Mirror and Zada. She perused his expression, scanning it for any sign of resistance. Finding none, she sighed and looked up at him, sidestepping another droplet of water as it dripped to the ground. "Well, stranger..." She paused, "Tell me what I need to do."
@Tavvy

20084963_350.png

Zada narrowed her eyes. Despite her initial dislike of the dripping dragon, he seemed to be telling the truth. She didn't know why she had so much trust in him, let alone any, but there was just something about that prophecy...

Stronger. Fester. Faster.

She shivered involuntarily. If he was telling the truth, that would explain everything. She had always been aware of the patterns of the normally-constant influx of magic in the Arcane domain, but recently it had been somewhat... glitching. Only hours before, the magic reservoir had almost dried up completely. There was no explanation, well, none besides this one.

Zada considered it. Without magic, the clan would die.

And she simply refused to accept the position of queen in an abandoned lair.

"Alright." When she spoke next, her voice was a whisper. She gazed up at the shocked Mirror, her determination growing as she recognized his immense relief.

Landing expertly on the ground, she motioned for Juro to take his leave. He nodded and retreated back into the dark corner of the lair where he had already claimed his territory.

Now, it was just the Mirror and Zada.

She perused his expression, scanning it for any sign of resistance. Finding none, she sighed and looked up at him, sidestepping another droplet of water as it dripped to the ground.

"Well, stranger..." She paused, "Tell me what I need to do."