Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The darkness inside 1x1 w/ TheLadyJai
1 2
Let me know if i mess anything up or do something that contradicts your lore. @TheLadyJai Oh, im also subbed. ------ [img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lq2OC2u7odk/WOesJz1DO7I/AAAAAAAAAIo/OORX3InmMOI-sho_JVSyfjYYXQ4rYKPKwCJoC/s350-p-rw/Sans%252C%2Bguardian.png[/img] He had come to the scarred wasteland to visit his daughter, who had taken up residence in a clan there. On his way home, he had stopped among traveling merchants who were in the area and overheard something about a witch in a nearby clan. One who called upon the twisted magic of the shade. He immediately changed course to confront this new threat. Once he had located the lair in which the witch had supposedly set up shop, he started his decent. Landing just outside with a loud thud and waited. Eyes never leaving the entrance.
Let me know if i mess anything up or do something that contradicts your lore. @TheLadyJai Oh, im also subbed.
Sans%252C%2Bguardian.png

He had come to the scarred wasteland to visit his daughter, who had taken up residence in a clan there. On his way home, he had stopped among traveling merchants who were in the area and overheard something about a witch in a nearby clan. One who called upon the twisted magic of the shade.

He immediately changed course to confront this new threat. Once he had located the lair in which the witch had supposedly set up shop, he started his decent. Landing just outside with a loud thud and waited. Eyes never leaving the entrance.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=625356] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=625356] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/6254/625356_350.png[/img] [/url] Sunder knew her work was dangerous, even talking about the Shade brought its eyes on you. If she were a lesser dragon she'd be long dead by now, but she was strong in who-in [i]what[/i] she was. She was thankful for this clan, it's morally grey leader and clanmates who turned their eyes away. That said nothing for those dragons who visited, or who heard whispers. Even in the Plaguebringer's domain there were somethings that were off-limits. Usually most were to frightened to see if the rumor were true, but once in awhile a lone dragon or dragoness would poke around to find the truth, and if need be neutralize it. It seemed like that today, as Sunder heard that someone was stationed at the entrance of the lair. [/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7011196] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/70112/7011196.png[/img] [/url][nextcol]"Sunder, someone's prowling around the lair and it probably has something to do with you and that last experiment. Take care of them before it becomes a problem and Calypso has to deal with it."[/columns][center] Sunder rolled her eyes, walking past Niro towards the entrance with a sure step. She noticed the blue and white guardian sitting at the entrance and seemingly waiting for something, or someone. "Can I help you?" ----- [size=2]i'm subbed too ! i'll let you know if something is too far off, feel free to do the same if i do anything along those lines too

625356_350.png

Sunder knew her work was dangerous, even talking about the Shade brought its eyes on you. If she were a lesser dragon she'd be long dead by now, but she was strong in who-in what she was. She was thankful for this clan, it's morally grey leader and clanmates who turned their eyes away. That said nothing for those dragons who visited, or who heard whispers. Even in the Plaguebringer's domain there were somethings that were off-limits. Usually most were to frightened to see if the rumor were true, but once in awhile a lone dragon or dragoness would poke around to find the truth, and if need be neutralize it.
It seemed like that today, as Sunder heard that someone was stationed at the entrance of the lair.

7011196.png
"Sunder, someone's prowling around the lair and it probably has something to do with you and that last experiment. Take care of them before it becomes a problem and Calypso has to deal with it."

Sunder rolled her eyes, walking past Niro towards the entrance with a sure step. She noticed the blue and white guardian sitting at the entrance and seemingly waiting for something, or someone.

"Can I help you?"

i'm subbed too ! i'll let you know if something is too far off, feel free to do the same if i do anything along those lines too
7CSi0T0.png
let go let go let go let golet go
CONGREGATION OF
THE WITHERING LAMENT

letOdds-2-bottom.png
(#Codinggoals)

Sans heard the deep voice of what could only be another guardian say something, but it was to muffled to make out any words.
When he saw the bogsneak approached he immediately saw the darkness inside.
"Indeed, I believe you can," he said, "Shadespawn"
(#Codinggoals)

Sans heard the deep voice of what could only be another guardian say something, but it was to muffled to make out any words.
When he saw the bogsneak approached he immediately saw the darkness inside.
"Indeed, I believe you can," he said, "Shadespawn"
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
Sunder had been called a lot of things in her lifetime, but the venom in which she was called 'Shadespawn' was something new. She raised her eyebrows and replied;

"Isn't it common courtesy to ask someone their name before assuming things? At least, that's what I was taught as a hatchling."
She flicked a candle away from her face as it hovered too close and continued.

"But I don't presume to know how guardians are raised."
Sunder's tone took that of a mocking one as she finished, not at all impressed with the obviously stated threat.
lmao sunder's a lil bit of a pos but she means well, to those in the clan at least
(tbh i have a bbcode guide bookmarked b/c i was totally clueless on how the f this site worked with fancy effects)

Sunder had been called a lot of things in her lifetime, but the venom in which she was called 'Shadespawn' was something new. She raised her eyebrows and replied;

"Isn't it common courtesy to ask someone their name before assuming things? At least, that's what I was taught as a hatchling."
She flicked a candle away from her face as it hovered too close and continued.

"But I don't presume to know how guardians are raised."
Sunder's tone took that of a mocking one as she finished, not at all impressed with the obviously stated threat.
lmao sunder's a lil bit of a pos but she means well, to those in the clan at least
(tbh i have a bbcode guide bookmarked b/c i was totally clueless on how the f this site worked with fancy effects)

7CSi0T0.png
CONGREGATION OF
THE WITHERING LAMENT

letOdds-2-bottom.png
"Aw, but I already know your name." He said, a knowing smile on his face. "For you see, I also speak to those who have passed. Or, more spicificly, those you have wronged. They whisper to me. They have told me all that you have done, and all that you intend to do. So tell me shade spawn, do you wish to do this the easy way, or the hard way?"
"Aw, but I already know your name." He said, a knowing smile on his face. "For you see, I also speak to those who have passed. Or, more spicificly, those you have wronged. They whisper to me. They have told me all that you have done, and all that you intend to do. So tell me shade spawn, do you wish to do this the easy way, or the hard way?"
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
Ah, She thought. So he's one of those then. Wonderful.
She took a deep breath, and tried to speak as calm as she could.

"I can assure you, I haven't wronged anyone. At least not in the way you're thinking. I do work with the Shade, but I am no spawn of it thank you very much."
She wouldn't be her if she was, there were a few Shade-touched clan mates and they weren't the same dragon they used to be.

"My work rarely involves other dragons anyways, unless they pose a threat to my clan."
Here she gave a pointed stare, she could defend herself but she wouldn't let any harm come to this clan.

"What are you accusing me of anyway? Finding better ways to bend the Shade to dragonkind's will? Getting a deeper look inside what is on the fringes of our world that everyone likes to forget about? I have yet to hear you name the crime you've think I've done."

lmao rogue one was so good, but i didn't think it'd be game of thrones in space
(lmao sorry it took me so long to reply ! if i haven't replied in 2 days don't be afraid to shoot me a pm, lord knows things tend to just fly over my head)
Ah, She thought. So he's one of those then. Wonderful.
She took a deep breath, and tried to speak as calm as she could.

"I can assure you, I haven't wronged anyone. At least not in the way you're thinking. I do work with the Shade, but I am no spawn of it thank you very much."
She wouldn't be her if she was, there were a few Shade-touched clan mates and they weren't the same dragon they used to be.

"My work rarely involves other dragons anyways, unless they pose a threat to my clan."
Here she gave a pointed stare, she could defend herself but she wouldn't let any harm come to this clan.

"What are you accusing me of anyway? Finding better ways to bend the Shade to dragonkind's will? Getting a deeper look inside what is on the fringes of our world that everyone likes to forget about? I have yet to hear you name the crime you've think I've done."

lmao rogue one was so good, but i didn't think it'd be game of thrones in space
(lmao sorry it took me so long to reply ! if i haven't replied in 2 days don't be afraid to shoot me a pm, lord knows things tend to just fly over my head)
7CSi0T0.png
CONGREGATION OF
THE WITHERING LAMENT

letOdds-2-bottom.png
(You're fine. I usually give 5 days or so before i check in.)

He tilted his head, as if listening to something. He then nodded and said "The shade cannot be controlled, nor do you have as much power over it as you think you do. It is not some carnal beast that can be tamed. It is a sentient force that's only goal is the destruction of all magic in the universe. I believe, one day, it will return, but i intend to postpone that day as long as possible."

His voice was foreboding, like he knew for certain that what he said was true.
(You're fine. I usually give 5 days or so before i check in.)

He tilted his head, as if listening to something. He then nodded and said "The shade cannot be controlled, nor do you have as much power over it as you think you do. It is not some carnal beast that can be tamed. It is a sentient force that's only goal is the destruction of all magic in the universe. I believe, one day, it will return, but i intend to postpone that day as long as possible."

His voice was foreboding, like he knew for certain that what he said was true.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
Sunder resisted rolling her eyes. Her clan was originally from Arcane, and nobody knows about world-ending scenarios more then they do. Granted, most of the time it was the Arcanist but still, the point was she knew one day everything will be gone.

"I don't try to control it, I just borrow some of it's force with my own magic. The effects can be quiet interesting, especially on living things. I know my limits, I've been doing this longer then you've been hatched."

She said with a pointed tone and flat voice. A dragon as old as her has seen some things, and she did know that she was playing with fire. She just happened to learn how to be a pyrotechnic so to speak.

"I know it will be back, but do you honestly think what one dragon does will decide if it ends us any faster? I highly doubt anything we do down here has any effect on it wherever it is."
would you believe me if i said this took so long b/c i just wasn't happy with how it turned out the first times ??? yikes
(it's the weekend for me !!! this means it shouldn't take me so long to reply)
Sunder resisted rolling her eyes. Her clan was originally from Arcane, and nobody knows about world-ending scenarios more then they do. Granted, most of the time it was the Arcanist but still, the point was she knew one day everything will be gone.

"I don't try to control it, I just borrow some of it's force with my own magic. The effects can be quiet interesting, especially on living things. I know my limits, I've been doing this longer then you've been hatched."

She said with a pointed tone and flat voice. A dragon as old as her has seen some things, and she did know that she was playing with fire. She just happened to learn how to be a pyrotechnic so to speak.

"I know it will be back, but do you honestly think what one dragon does will decide if it ends us any faster? I highly doubt anything we do down here has any effect on it wherever it is."
would you believe me if i said this took so long b/c i just wasn't happy with how it turned out the first times ??? yikes
(it's the weekend for me !!! this means it shouldn't take me so long to reply)
7CSi0T0.png
CONGREGATION OF
THE WITHERING LAMENT

letOdds-2-bottom.png
He highly doubted that the bog had lived longer then him. His magic made him stop ageing in his prime up until 20 years ago, but that was a talk for another time.

"I do, yes." sans said, straightening himself. "Every time someone does something as little as saying it's name, it gets that much closer. I can feel it. And every time someone calls upon it, no matter how big or little that may be, it gives it a giant shove towards our world. So, tell me again that one dragon doesn't make a difference.

(Yay}
He highly doubted that the bog had lived longer then him. His magic made him stop ageing in his prime up until 20 years ago, but that was a talk for another time.

"I do, yes." sans said, straightening himself. "Every time someone does something as little as saying it's name, it gets that much closer. I can feel it. And every time someone calls upon it, no matter how big or little that may be, it gives it a giant shove towards our world. So, tell me again that one dragon doesn't make a difference.

(Yay}
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
"Even so, I think that if you're after others who misuse it you're in the wrong place. I don't often deal with the Shade, but I can point you in the direction of clans that do. There's a few around that call upon it a lot more then I do, and I'm the only one in this clan that does."

She was not going to mention the last experiment. Trying to make an Emperor less, well, less of itself and more of a single dragon wasn't an easy thing with even the old magic she knew about. It needed a little boost, and the Shade provided it.

"I can even give you names of those dragons, despite the fact that I've yet to hear yours."
so much to do tomorrow good lord
(sunder: old and rickety lady but is Big on manners. picture her on a lawn saying 'back in MY DAY...' )
"Even so, I think that if you're after others who misuse it you're in the wrong place. I don't often deal with the Shade, but I can point you in the direction of clans that do. There's a few around that call upon it a lot more then I do, and I'm the only one in this clan that does."

She was not going to mention the last experiment. Trying to make an Emperor less, well, less of itself and more of a single dragon wasn't an easy thing with even the old magic she knew about. It needed a little boost, and the Shade provided it.

"I can even give you names of those dragons, despite the fact that I've yet to hear yours."
so much to do tomorrow good lord
(sunder: old and rickety lady but is Big on manners. picture her on a lawn saying 'back in MY DAY...' )
7CSi0T0.png
CONGREGATION OF
THE WITHERING LAMENT

letOdds-2-bottom.png
1 2