Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Through Fire and Flames (open)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
(@EmeraldDragon13 it was intended as a mistake on Karala's part, but no worries. xD I can leave her there in case someone else comes along.)

Rosencrantz rolled over onto his belly and listened thoughtfully. The slur about size didn't really bother him - he'd heard worse, and would for far longer. It had stopped being a point of soreness sometime into his third cycle, when he realized his slim, agile body was confounding to bigger beasts. They simply couldn't get a grip on him in close quarters. Useful, clever, and enraging to his nest-brothers and clan rivals. Still, as he glanced at Thalassa's length stretched out in the sun, he felt a pique of annoyance that she managed to double him without any effort. Wretch.

"Dead babies still have graves." The tiger male twisted so his head lolled off the rock, looking at Thalassa upside-down. "You know, if you're really that bored, I could probably help. There's a clan meet happening tomorrow night at moonrise. Would be a cinch to get you into the flight there. Not a raid or anything, but more fun than nest patrol." He grinned, his whiskers twitching all the way down to his paws. "Gonna cost you, though. I want more pearls."
(@EmeraldDragon13 it was intended as a mistake on Karala's part, but no worries. xD I can leave her there in case someone else comes along.)

Rosencrantz rolled over onto his belly and listened thoughtfully. The slur about size didn't really bother him - he'd heard worse, and would for far longer. It had stopped being a point of soreness sometime into his third cycle, when he realized his slim, agile body was confounding to bigger beasts. They simply couldn't get a grip on him in close quarters. Useful, clever, and enraging to his nest-brothers and clan rivals. Still, as he glanced at Thalassa's length stretched out in the sun, he felt a pique of annoyance that she managed to double him without any effort. Wretch.

"Dead babies still have graves." The tiger male twisted so his head lolled off the rock, looking at Thalassa upside-down. "You know, if you're really that bored, I could probably help. There's a clan meet happening tomorrow night at moonrise. Would be a cinch to get you into the flight there. Not a raid or anything, but more fun than nest patrol." He grinned, his whiskers twitching all the way down to his paws. "Gonna cost you, though. I want more pearls."
(@bellancawings It's cool, it'll be a neat role for someone to pick up, or for one of us insert a new character. Do you have a character limit? Also, would you like to be pinged for every interaction post, or just subscribe to the thread and respond when interaction is created?)

Flaring her wings ever so slightly to catch the warm beams of sun, Thalassa considered Rosencrantz's offer. It was certainly a generous offer, and tantalizing to be doing anything other than lazing around here. She knew she couldn't refuse. Shuffling the loose dirt around her to fit into the ground more comfortably, Thalassa looked back up at the grinning sunbather atop the rock next to her.

"Pearls? You should be one of the brood mothers if that's what interests you." Material delicacies like ores and stones seemed to be the only thing that interested the petty females as they tended to their nests. Thalassa knew she could get some pearls easily from one of them, in exchange for another trivial piece of jewelry. Shifting around to get the most out of the cool earth, she found the perfect equilibrium between warmth from above and cold from the ground. Brooding on what was in the past was no way to live in the present. Might as well enjoy what opportunities arose when they came a-knocking. She let the silence between them grow, before finally accepting his offer.

"Very well. I'll get you some pearls if you can get me out of this madness, at least for a night. How will you convince Dusk to let me go? He'll probably keep me here, under his claw, out of simple spite for my daring to defy him once again." She huffed grumpily, but tried not to dwell on her frustration with him. It wouldn't help, anyway.
(@bellancawings It's cool, it'll be a neat role for someone to pick up, or for one of us insert a new character. Do you have a character limit? Also, would you like to be pinged for every interaction post, or just subscribe to the thread and respond when interaction is created?)

Flaring her wings ever so slightly to catch the warm beams of sun, Thalassa considered Rosencrantz's offer. It was certainly a generous offer, and tantalizing to be doing anything other than lazing around here. She knew she couldn't refuse. Shuffling the loose dirt around her to fit into the ground more comfortably, Thalassa looked back up at the grinning sunbather atop the rock next to her.

"Pearls? You should be one of the brood mothers if that's what interests you." Material delicacies like ores and stones seemed to be the only thing that interested the petty females as they tended to their nests. Thalassa knew she could get some pearls easily from one of them, in exchange for another trivial piece of jewelry. Shifting around to get the most out of the cool earth, she found the perfect equilibrium between warmth from above and cold from the ground. Brooding on what was in the past was no way to live in the present. Might as well enjoy what opportunities arose when they came a-knocking. She let the silence between them grow, before finally accepting his offer.

"Very well. I'll get you some pearls if you can get me out of this madness, at least for a night. How will you convince Dusk to let me go? He'll probably keep me here, under his claw, out of simple spite for my daring to defy him once again." She huffed grumpily, but tried not to dwell on her frustration with him. It wouldn't help, anyway.
zyvrj7C.png rkylBBV.png x0CMhAc.png
(No character limit, so long as you can keep track of your charries. I'm rather fond of working in a full cast, as you can see. xD)

Rosencrantz hummed contentedly, attempting to knock a dragonfly out of the air with his tail. "Thalassa," he began fondly, "Dusk wants to babysit you about as much as you want to be babysat. If getting you into the flight there has the slightest chance of quieting your begging to join a fighting wing, he would drag you there himself."

The tiger male rose from his beloved rock with a yawn and furled his wings reluctantly. "I suppose I can go see about it now. I want my pearls by my den when I get back, Thalassa, or I'll tell him you're heavy with eggs and that's what's making you all rowdy." Grinning, he skipped out of reach. "And by the way, pearls are too good for brood mothers. You'll see - I'm making something spectacular." At last, he turned away, stepping off in a lively way toward the dens of the flight leads.

"Oh, good, I thought he'd never leave." A honey-coloured snout rose from the edge of a pond nearby, snorting a fine mist of water as the dragon settled his bearded chin on the rocky ledge there. The rest of his body was still submerged, but the high golden antlers rising from his crown betrayed him; the male was one of the largest breeds in the clan. Deep blue eyes regarded Thalassa thoughtfully. "Are you sure you want to go to that meet? Oh - I'm Blu. Sorry if I startled you. The water's nice."
(No character limit, so long as you can keep track of your charries. I'm rather fond of working in a full cast, as you can see. xD)

Rosencrantz hummed contentedly, attempting to knock a dragonfly out of the air with his tail. "Thalassa," he began fondly, "Dusk wants to babysit you about as much as you want to be babysat. If getting you into the flight there has the slightest chance of quieting your begging to join a fighting wing, he would drag you there himself."

The tiger male rose from his beloved rock with a yawn and furled his wings reluctantly. "I suppose I can go see about it now. I want my pearls by my den when I get back, Thalassa, or I'll tell him you're heavy with eggs and that's what's making you all rowdy." Grinning, he skipped out of reach. "And by the way, pearls are too good for brood mothers. You'll see - I'm making something spectacular." At last, he turned away, stepping off in a lively way toward the dens of the flight leads.

"Oh, good, I thought he'd never leave." A honey-coloured snout rose from the edge of a pond nearby, snorting a fine mist of water as the dragon settled his bearded chin on the rocky ledge there. The rest of his body was still submerged, but the high golden antlers rising from his crown betrayed him; the male was one of the largest breeds in the clan. Deep blue eyes regarded Thalassa thoughtfully. "Are you sure you want to go to that meet? Oh - I'm Blu. Sorry if I startled you. The water's nice."
Jumping at the sudden intrusion of the submerged dragon, Thalassa was struck with annoyance at every dragon seemingly babying her. At least Rosencrantz had offered to help. That was something.

Her first response to the large antlered dragon wasn't responding to his question, but asking one of her own. "Were you underwater there the whole time Rosencrantz was sunbathing?!" Incredulous, she approached the large dragon's head and tucked her wings back along her body. The sun was less strong near the lake, anyhow.

Swishing her contrasting white and black tail in an attempt to calm her jumping nerves, Thalassa regarded Blu with curiosity. It wasn't often that she saw a dragon as big as he. His head was the size of her own chest, and she kept that in mind as she considered what he meant in asking what she wanted. "The meeting with the other clans? Why wouldn't I want to go? It's not every day that I get to see dragons from the other three clans. It might not be a fight, but if it turns into one then going will be worth it."

Wondering if the rest of him matched the gigantic head, Thalassa shot a glance back to where Rosencrantz had left. She hoped that he wouldn't end up being more trouble than other males around. A deal is a deal, I guess... She sighed at the thought, turning her attention back to Blu. The water did look nice, though she certainly wasn't keen to jump in with the big dragon taking up residence in it's depths. Perhaps a peek would satisfy her curiosity... She kept her eye on him as she approached the edge of the pond.
Jumping at the sudden intrusion of the submerged dragon, Thalassa was struck with annoyance at every dragon seemingly babying her. At least Rosencrantz had offered to help. That was something.

Her first response to the large antlered dragon wasn't responding to his question, but asking one of her own. "Were you underwater there the whole time Rosencrantz was sunbathing?!" Incredulous, she approached the large dragon's head and tucked her wings back along her body. The sun was less strong near the lake, anyhow.

Swishing her contrasting white and black tail in an attempt to calm her jumping nerves, Thalassa regarded Blu with curiosity. It wasn't often that she saw a dragon as big as he. His head was the size of her own chest, and she kept that in mind as she considered what he meant in asking what she wanted. "The meeting with the other clans? Why wouldn't I want to go? It's not every day that I get to see dragons from the other three clans. It might not be a fight, but if it turns into one then going will be worth it."

Wondering if the rest of him matched the gigantic head, Thalassa shot a glance back to where Rosencrantz had left. She hoped that he wouldn't end up being more trouble than other males around. A deal is a deal, I guess... She sighed at the thought, turning her attention back to Blu. The water did look nice, though she certainly wasn't keen to jump in with the big dragon taking up residence in it's depths. Perhaps a peek would satisfy her curiosity... She kept her eye on him as she approached the edge of the pond.
zyvrj7C.png rkylBBV.png x0CMhAc.png
@Bellancawings (I barely have any idea what the hell's going on but I love playing dragons so guess who's joining lmao)

When would Mom come home?
Stomachs rumbled feebly as the four hatchlings curled up around each other, all shivering slightly from the cold breeze blowing through their cave. The fifth, the blue runt named Mivri, sat upright at the mouth of the cave, staring at the expanse of sky expectantly. His white eyes caught a flicker of movement, and he immediately scrambled to his feet. A dragon's roar ripped through the valley.
The figure of the dragon, he saw, had shafts of...something...sticking from its hide. Human weapons, Mivri realized.
The figure fell from the sky with an anguished roar, and Mivri gasped. He began to make his way down the mountain without even telling his clutchmates.

When he reached where the figure fell, the humans that had felled it were long gone. And so was the dragon's skin. Where brilliant scales should have been was just a lump of pink, bloody flesh. Multiple body parts—such as its tail and legs—had been cut off and taken, but Mivri still knew who it was. Mother
@Bellancawings (I barely have any idea what the hell's going on but I love playing dragons so guess who's joining lmao)

When would Mom come home?
Stomachs rumbled feebly as the four hatchlings curled up around each other, all shivering slightly from the cold breeze blowing through their cave. The fifth, the blue runt named Mivri, sat upright at the mouth of the cave, staring at the expanse of sky expectantly. His white eyes caught a flicker of movement, and he immediately scrambled to his feet. A dragon's roar ripped through the valley.
The figure of the dragon, he saw, had shafts of...something...sticking from its hide. Human weapons, Mivri realized.
The figure fell from the sky with an anguished roar, and Mivri gasped. He began to make his way down the mountain without even telling his clutchmates.

When he reached where the figure fell, the humans that had felled it were long gone. And so was the dragon's skin. Where brilliant scales should have been was just a lump of pink, bloody flesh. Multiple body parts—such as its tail and legs—had been cut off and taken, but Mivri still knew who it was. Mother
waterfull.png
@bellancawings

(I'm interested in joining, but I'm currently on vacation. I may decide to join later.)
@bellancawings

(I'm interested in joining, but I'm currently on vacation. I may decide to join later.)
BcRJQQl.png
(I think I have a basic idea about what's happening. Correct me if I'm wrong :) )

Honestly, the thrill of the steal was the only thing keeping him alive.
Orion's long, metallic wings were stretched to their full extent, shining under the soft light of the day. His gold eyes flicked around, searching the skies and mountains below him. A warm, pale-colored egg was clutched against his chest. He had swooped in just as the female went deep into sleep. She had a clutch of five but she had been hidden under some thick trees and he had to focus on dodging beneath the branches instead of getting as many eggs as he could.
"Hello dear" he had whispered to the egg. It felt warm against his scales, compared to the dawn air in which he had finally shaken off. The egg hadn't answered but he felt the weight of it shift, as if whatever life was in had moved. It excited him.
Orion had been a stolen egg, orphaned and treated as a warrior since birth. Although, he was thinner than his brethren. He found that he was better at being quiet than fighting wars and was trained as a scout instead.
If anything, he hardly talked. Hundreds of times he had almost been caught by mothers but after awhile, the adrenaline of swooping in and adopting new eggs and dragons wore off. But it was his only taste of freedom he got.
Orion wasn't a warrior at heart. He was a father and the eggs he took were all his.

He swept into the clearing, his metallic silver scales glimmering in the sunlight as he lofted into the canyon. He placed his pale egg among the others, purring as it took its place among the rest of the young. He caught sight of some of the hatchlings playing and sat down to watch, curling his cut tail over his feet to protect them against the cold.
Scars danced over his glittering scales, the tip of his tail was cut off, a scar traveled from his mouth to his ear, and one of his wings was torn at the edge. He could barely fly, let alone maneuver, but he worked around his handicap.
Dragons wandered around the canyon, females tending to the young, male warriors sparring with each other or draping themselves over sun-drenched stones. Other scouts were milling among the eggs alongside the females.
The chaos felt peaceful to the metallic drake. He sighed and turned his attention to the young hatchlings, wrestling on the sun-baked stones.

(I'm not sure where to stick Orion in but oh well)
(I think I have a basic idea about what's happening. Correct me if I'm wrong :) )

Honestly, the thrill of the steal was the only thing keeping him alive.
Orion's long, metallic wings were stretched to their full extent, shining under the soft light of the day. His gold eyes flicked around, searching the skies and mountains below him. A warm, pale-colored egg was clutched against his chest. He had swooped in just as the female went deep into sleep. She had a clutch of five but she had been hidden under some thick trees and he had to focus on dodging beneath the branches instead of getting as many eggs as he could.
"Hello dear" he had whispered to the egg. It felt warm against his scales, compared to the dawn air in which he had finally shaken off. The egg hadn't answered but he felt the weight of it shift, as if whatever life was in had moved. It excited him.
Orion had been a stolen egg, orphaned and treated as a warrior since birth. Although, he was thinner than his brethren. He found that he was better at being quiet than fighting wars and was trained as a scout instead.
If anything, he hardly talked. Hundreds of times he had almost been caught by mothers but after awhile, the adrenaline of swooping in and adopting new eggs and dragons wore off. But it was his only taste of freedom he got.
Orion wasn't a warrior at heart. He was a father and the eggs he took were all his.

He swept into the clearing, his metallic silver scales glimmering in the sunlight as he lofted into the canyon. He placed his pale egg among the others, purring as it took its place among the rest of the young. He caught sight of some of the hatchlings playing and sat down to watch, curling his cut tail over his feet to protect them against the cold.
Scars danced over his glittering scales, the tip of his tail was cut off, a scar traveled from his mouth to his ear, and one of his wings was torn at the edge. He could barely fly, let alone maneuver, but he worked around his handicap.
Dragons wandered around the canyon, females tending to the young, male warriors sparring with each other or draping themselves over sun-drenched stones. Other scouts were milling among the eggs alongside the females.
The chaos felt peaceful to the metallic drake. He sighed and turned his attention to the young hatchlings, wrestling on the sun-baked stones.

(I'm not sure where to stick Orion in but oh well)
Eris flitted in between clouds, the sunlight dancing on her deep purple scales and bringing out the intricate swirls of gold on her leathery wings. She was an old dragon, too old to bear hatchlings. Eris had been stunning in her prime, but these days everyone seemed to hold no interest in the now frail, graying dragon. Her old bones were weakening, and even now she was short of breath.
With a long, heaving sigh, the giant dragoness swooped down, searching for a sunny place to land in this barren valley. Suddenly, an earth-shattering roar shook Eris to her core, and she whipped her head around to find the source.
There.
A large shape plummeted from the sky, landing with a crash. It took her a bit to haul herself over there, and when Eris reached the form she froze. A bloody corpse of a dragon lay before her, parts missing and weapons embedded in her body. "Who did this?" She murmured, hesitantly approaching the broken body. The overwhelming stench of death filled her nose, but there was something else there. A very faint something, but it was there. Touching down on the blood soaked ground, Eris padded around, looking for the other thing she detected. There was movement in the corner of her eye, and she turned to face it. A hatchling stood staring at the corpse and Eris took a deep, steadying breath. Disgust filled the dragon, making black swim in her vision. Someone killed this child's mother. Was he there to watch? Were the killers going to come back for him? He was small even for a hatchling; there was no way he could defend himself.
Eris debated what to do in her mind. She was done with hatchlings, done with responsibility. She owed no debts to this world. If she approached him now, even with good intentions, he may think her the killer and taint her good name. Still, Eris couldn't leave him here. Taking a shuddering breath, the ancient dragon stepped forward.
"Hello? Are you alright, little one?" @Hydria
(@bellancawings is alright if I join?)
Eris flitted in between clouds, the sunlight dancing on her deep purple scales and bringing out the intricate swirls of gold on her leathery wings. She was an old dragon, too old to bear hatchlings. Eris had been stunning in her prime, but these days everyone seemed to hold no interest in the now frail, graying dragon. Her old bones were weakening, and even now she was short of breath.
With a long, heaving sigh, the giant dragoness swooped down, searching for a sunny place to land in this barren valley. Suddenly, an earth-shattering roar shook Eris to her core, and she whipped her head around to find the source.
There.
A large shape plummeted from the sky, landing with a crash. It took her a bit to haul herself over there, and when Eris reached the form she froze. A bloody corpse of a dragon lay before her, parts missing and weapons embedded in her body. "Who did this?" She murmured, hesitantly approaching the broken body. The overwhelming stench of death filled her nose, but there was something else there. A very faint something, but it was there. Touching down on the blood soaked ground, Eris padded around, looking for the other thing she detected. There was movement in the corner of her eye, and she turned to face it. A hatchling stood staring at the corpse and Eris took a deep, steadying breath. Disgust filled the dragon, making black swim in her vision. Someone killed this child's mother. Was he there to watch? Were the killers going to come back for him? He was small even for a hatchling; there was no way he could defend himself.
Eris debated what to do in her mind. She was done with hatchlings, done with responsibility. She owed no debts to this world. If she approached him now, even with good intentions, he may think her the killer and taint her good name. Still, Eris couldn't leave him here. Taking a shuddering breath, the ancient dragon stepped forward.
"Hello? Are you alright, little one?" @Hydria
(@bellancawings is alright if I join?)
tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o1_r1_100.gif
  • she / they
  • fr +2
  • rp friendly
@Calicoradio

Mivri's breath caught in his throat. He turned toward the voice, only to see an ancient-looking purple dragon standing over him. Tears welled up in his eyes as he threw himself against the dragon's leg and began to sob.
"Sh-she's....she's...." He mumbled shakily before breaking down once more.
@Calicoradio

Mivri's breath caught in his throat. He turned toward the voice, only to see an ancient-looking purple dragon standing over him. Tears welled up in his eyes as he threw himself against the dragon's leg and began to sob.
"Sh-she's....she's...." He mumbled shakily before breaking down once more.
waterfull.png
"He was only there for a little while." Blu watched her approach, content to stay where he was. "He chose that rock when he saw you and Dusk talking, actually. I think he wanted to see you."

As Thalassa reached the edge of the pool, the big male shifted over, sending ripples of water splashing over the rock ledge. It was deep, but clear; sunlight filtered through depths and played over Blu's body as it reclined in a lazy spiral around the cone-shaped pit. His mane ran the length of his spine, waving like strange seaweed with each movement, and his wings were bulky blue weights folded in tightly to his flanks. It was kindly meant, but unnecessary - there wasn't much room either way.

Blu realized this with a sigh, and reluctantly clambered out of the pool, dripping water everywhere in the process. "The meeting is about stolen eggs," he said, somewhat aggrieved. After several moments of coiling himself up comfortably, he again regarded Thalassa, this time somewhat apologetic. "Ah, that was snappish of me. But you can see why it may be upsetting for some females. Apparently some of the wanderers have had their nests raided. There will be many accusations, and the flight leads will need to be careful about who they bring. Why do you want to fight so badly, anyway?" He leaned forward, peering down at her inquisitively. "Fighting is painful, you know."

_ _ _

"Orion." Killian trotted into view, folding and unfolding his wings in a nervous tic. The harness jingled in time with each step like coins tumbling over each other. He looked at the eggs the scout had gathered, and nodded approvingly. "Not bad. You're rather good at this, you know... Oh, and Alouette will be making a round soon, I'll make sure she comes by to see your work." Smiling, the black moved off, checking nests and addressing scouts and females in dimly authoritative tones.

The canyon was large, but Lanis only occupied the southeast corner of it. Rich banks by the river were excellent nursing grounds, and the males had plenty of ledges to sun themselves on and an open sky above to practice maneuvers. As it was, a murmur of excitement was rippling through the groups, and several flights broke off their practices to cluster. A few minutes later, Khaldonius came into view, with slim Alouette at his side.

The two of them were pleasant enough, complimenting several brood mothers on their nests and hatchlings. As they neared Orion, there was only one hiccup; a hatchling with a stumped wing skittered out from behind his mother, staring at Khaldonius with wide, impressed eyes. The little creature was barely the length of a claw on the giant white's paw. For a brief moment, they observed each other, and the Khaldonius passed without another word. Alouette's eyes lit on Orion. "Oh, a scout!" she cooed. She bounded up to him and looked over his nest with undisguised glee. "How wonderful! What is your name?"
"He was only there for a little while." Blu watched her approach, content to stay where he was. "He chose that rock when he saw you and Dusk talking, actually. I think he wanted to see you."

As Thalassa reached the edge of the pool, the big male shifted over, sending ripples of water splashing over the rock ledge. It was deep, but clear; sunlight filtered through depths and played over Blu's body as it reclined in a lazy spiral around the cone-shaped pit. His mane ran the length of his spine, waving like strange seaweed with each movement, and his wings were bulky blue weights folded in tightly to his flanks. It was kindly meant, but unnecessary - there wasn't much room either way.

Blu realized this with a sigh, and reluctantly clambered out of the pool, dripping water everywhere in the process. "The meeting is about stolen eggs," he said, somewhat aggrieved. After several moments of coiling himself up comfortably, he again regarded Thalassa, this time somewhat apologetic. "Ah, that was snappish of me. But you can see why it may be upsetting for some females. Apparently some of the wanderers have had their nests raided. There will be many accusations, and the flight leads will need to be careful about who they bring. Why do you want to fight so badly, anyway?" He leaned forward, peering down at her inquisitively. "Fighting is painful, you know."

_ _ _

"Orion." Killian trotted into view, folding and unfolding his wings in a nervous tic. The harness jingled in time with each step like coins tumbling over each other. He looked at the eggs the scout had gathered, and nodded approvingly. "Not bad. You're rather good at this, you know... Oh, and Alouette will be making a round soon, I'll make sure she comes by to see your work." Smiling, the black moved off, checking nests and addressing scouts and females in dimly authoritative tones.

The canyon was large, but Lanis only occupied the southeast corner of it. Rich banks by the river were excellent nursing grounds, and the males had plenty of ledges to sun themselves on and an open sky above to practice maneuvers. As it was, a murmur of excitement was rippling through the groups, and several flights broke off their practices to cluster. A few minutes later, Khaldonius came into view, with slim Alouette at his side.

The two of them were pleasant enough, complimenting several brood mothers on their nests and hatchlings. As they neared Orion, there was only one hiccup; a hatchling with a stumped wing skittered out from behind his mother, staring at Khaldonius with wide, impressed eyes. The little creature was barely the length of a claw on the giant white's paw. For a brief moment, they observed each other, and the Khaldonius passed without another word. Alouette's eyes lit on Orion. "Oh, a scout!" she cooed. She bounded up to him and looked over his nest with undisguised glee. "How wonderful! What is your name?"
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16