Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | DYSTÖPE | a private pokemon rp
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 37 38
@Ayle

((Hmm I haven't thought of Nem as much, but basically she's just a Quilava with a lot of scars and Wolverine claws lolol))

Mila was perceptive, Ajax could give her credit for that. He chuckled when she voiced her final opinion of Maximus, looking up at the bartender as well,

"I'll get some rum, the usual kind." When Mila had finished her analysis, Ajax leaned back, rubbing his chin.

"You were correct in your evaluation of Maximus. Just last week he lost the ring an Aggron when he confused a command with another. However," he met Mila's expectant grey eyes, "You are incorrect in deeming this battle as a mindless brawl. In the ring, one must be constantly prepared for sudden deaths, but the Rampardos' was expected. He had been exhibiting rash behavior ever since the Sandstorm went into effect. Left on his own, he, like expected of most other pokemon, could have hardly survived for long in the ring. As well as out of it." Ajax's eyes flickered to Lin below them, before shifting up as the bartender returned with their drinks.

He took a swallow of the golden liquid, continuing, "Ah, strategy, to the casual spectator, often appears little more than a command or two, followed by two pokemon senselessly colliding together. But you must understand that strategy in the ring is quite different from strategy in a business deal. Take the trap, for example: It was messy, I must admit; the Rampardos could have easily just used its Rock Tomb while the Tyranitar's back was turned. But he didn't, because Sandbourne had identified her opponent's weakness and created a strategy to turn it against him. In a way, she had predicted that the Rampardos would go for another headbutt through observing its previous actions."

Ajax took another sip, "But, if I may inquire, Ms. Mancini, why does all this concern you? I don't recall personal lessons on battle mechanisms as part of the contract." He set the glass back down, smiling.
@Ayle

((Hmm I haven't thought of Nem as much, but basically she's just a Quilava with a lot of scars and Wolverine claws lolol))

Mila was perceptive, Ajax could give her credit for that. He chuckled when she voiced her final opinion of Maximus, looking up at the bartender as well,

"I'll get some rum, the usual kind." When Mila had finished her analysis, Ajax leaned back, rubbing his chin.

"You were correct in your evaluation of Maximus. Just last week he lost the ring an Aggron when he confused a command with another. However," he met Mila's expectant grey eyes, "You are incorrect in deeming this battle as a mindless brawl. In the ring, one must be constantly prepared for sudden deaths, but the Rampardos' was expected. He had been exhibiting rash behavior ever since the Sandstorm went into effect. Left on his own, he, like expected of most other pokemon, could have hardly survived for long in the ring. As well as out of it." Ajax's eyes flickered to Lin below them, before shifting up as the bartender returned with their drinks.

He took a swallow of the golden liquid, continuing, "Ah, strategy, to the casual spectator, often appears little more than a command or two, followed by two pokemon senselessly colliding together. But you must understand that strategy in the ring is quite different from strategy in a business deal. Take the trap, for example: It was messy, I must admit; the Rampardos could have easily just used its Rock Tomb while the Tyranitar's back was turned. But he didn't, because Sandbourne had identified her opponent's weakness and created a strategy to turn it against him. In a way, she had predicted that the Rampardos would go for another headbutt through observing its previous actions."

Ajax took another sip, "But, if I may inquire, Ms. Mancini, why does all this concern you? I don't recall personal lessons on battle mechanisms as part of the contract." He set the glass back down, smiling.
pdPOUgg.png
@Skiatha

Mila ran her fingers absentmindedly over the rim of her glass, quietly humming in acknowledgment as Ajax talked. So that was the trap. It was meant to take advantage of the Rampardos' bloodlust, then. I see. Less like a business deal, where all strategy is carefully premeditated, and more like, say, chess or debate.

Still, Ajax's casual dismissal of the abilities of Pokemon caught Mila's attention, as she took a sip of her drink. Oh? Now that's interesting. It seems my question has been answered. Her mind flashed back to a torn rope and a ruined boxing bag, and she placed her glass back on the counter. Beneath them, Lin stared out at the bar, eyes slightly narrowed.

"But, if I may inquire, Ms. Mancini, why does all this concern you? I don't recall personal lessons on battle mechanisms as part of the contract."

Mila smiled back in response. "It's not; I'm afraid you're quite accurate on that front. I'm simply conducting a personal experiment, to test a somewhat ridiculous hypothesis." She shrugged dismissively. "And, as with all experiments, I found myself in need of data."

Now then, what to do? Mila swirled her drink around its glass and took another sip. He obviously has beliefs which run contrary to what I’m trying to test, and bias should be avoided where possible, but he could potentially provide valuable information.

She considered her options, before coming to a decision. Well, let's see how he responds. If he asks, perhaps I will tell him. If not, I will keep my secrets for a little while longer.
@Skiatha

Mila ran her fingers absentmindedly over the rim of her glass, quietly humming in acknowledgment as Ajax talked. So that was the trap. It was meant to take advantage of the Rampardos' bloodlust, then. I see. Less like a business deal, where all strategy is carefully premeditated, and more like, say, chess or debate.

Still, Ajax's casual dismissal of the abilities of Pokemon caught Mila's attention, as she took a sip of her drink. Oh? Now that's interesting. It seems my question has been answered. Her mind flashed back to a torn rope and a ruined boxing bag, and she placed her glass back on the counter. Beneath them, Lin stared out at the bar, eyes slightly narrowed.

"But, if I may inquire, Ms. Mancini, why does all this concern you? I don't recall personal lessons on battle mechanisms as part of the contract."

Mila smiled back in response. "It's not; I'm afraid you're quite accurate on that front. I'm simply conducting a personal experiment, to test a somewhat ridiculous hypothesis." She shrugged dismissively. "And, as with all experiments, I found myself in need of data."

Now then, what to do? Mila swirled her drink around its glass and took another sip. He obviously has beliefs which run contrary to what I’m trying to test, and bias should be avoided where possible, but he could potentially provide valuable information.

She considered her options, before coming to a decision. Well, let's see how he responds. If he asks, perhaps I will tell him. If not, I will keep my secrets for a little while longer.
@ayle

((Sorry for the super short post but honestly what did you expect from him ;) )

Ajax rose the glass to his lips, lifting an eyebrow at Mila's response, "And what would it be that you are testing?"
@ayle

((Sorry for the super short post but honestly what did you expect from him ;) )

Ajax rose the glass to his lips, lifting an eyebrow at Mila's response, "And what would it be that you are testing?"
pdPOUgg.png
@Skiatha
((Pffft, yup, of course.))

Mila blinked slowly, remaining silent for a few seconds, before she decided to take a chance. "A theory, which sprung up from my observations during the previous visit."

She placed her glass on the counter, gaze fixed on the swirling amber liquid. "You say Pokemon would not survive long without the instructions of their trainers. It's an expected belief, and the few battles I have watched have supported it. I believed it too, and only recently have I thought to question it."

A twisted rope, the victim of an attack which no one had ordered. Red eyes shining with determination and awe and every emotion in between, once Mila had begun to look. She took a deep breath, tone shifting to something softer and more uncertain.

"Earlier this evening, at the trial I had Lin run. As I understand, most Pokemon would have targeted the bag, as had been demonstrated by your Quilava, and which was the obvious threat. Lin did too, at first."

Mila looked up, eyes clear. "And then, he didn't. I expect you didn't notice, since you weren't watching for it, but on that last attack, he targeted the rope instead. He targeted the rope, without any prior instruction to do so, and with no battle experience which could have made such an action instinctive. Perhaps it was accidental, but his reaction following that success suggests to me that at least some of it was deliberate."

She smiled, a little helplessly. "Ridiculous, is it not? Feel free to laugh, if you wish; I'm well aware how absurd this all sounds." Mila's grip tightened on her glass. "It could have been a coincidence, but I have never held much faith in such. Therefore, the tests became necessary."
@Skiatha
((Pffft, yup, of course.))

Mila blinked slowly, remaining silent for a few seconds, before she decided to take a chance. "A theory, which sprung up from my observations during the previous visit."

She placed her glass on the counter, gaze fixed on the swirling amber liquid. "You say Pokemon would not survive long without the instructions of their trainers. It's an expected belief, and the few battles I have watched have supported it. I believed it too, and only recently have I thought to question it."

A twisted rope, the victim of an attack which no one had ordered. Red eyes shining with determination and awe and every emotion in between, once Mila had begun to look. She took a deep breath, tone shifting to something softer and more uncertain.

"Earlier this evening, at the trial I had Lin run. As I understand, most Pokemon would have targeted the bag, as had been demonstrated by your Quilava, and which was the obvious threat. Lin did too, at first."

Mila looked up, eyes clear. "And then, he didn't. I expect you didn't notice, since you weren't watching for it, but on that last attack, he targeted the rope instead. He targeted the rope, without any prior instruction to do so, and with no battle experience which could have made such an action instinctive. Perhaps it was accidental, but his reaction following that success suggests to me that at least some of it was deliberate."

She smiled, a little helplessly. "Ridiculous, is it not? Feel free to laugh, if you wish; I'm well aware how absurd this all sounds." Mila's grip tightened on her glass. "It could have been a coincidence, but I have never held much faith in such. Therefore, the tests became necessary."
@Ayle

At first Ajax thought that the woman was joking, but let her continue speaking.

"...Perhaps it was accidental, but his reaction following that success suggests to me that at least some of it was deliberate." He allowed a small scoff to come through, as Mila smiled sheepishly back at him- or perhaps with him, at the absurdity of such an idea. Ajax looked down at the counter, one hand resting on his glass as she continued.

"Ridiculous, is it not? Feel free to laugh, if you wish; I'm well aware how absurd this all sounds. It could have been a coincidence, but I have never held much faith in such. Therefore, the tests became necessary."

Ajax realized that she had stopped speaking, no doubt expecting him to mock her or even just leave.

"Ms. Mancini," he began, pushing his hair back, "I have seen many pokemon come through the ring, and there have been a few like yours. But they are...exceptions." Ajax swerved on his stool to face Mila,

"Running trials on a single pokemon like yours will say little about the nature of pokemon in general, you see. Depending on the species, some might indeed be more clever than others, or faster, or stronger...However, in the end, they are all just animals." He paused, letting out a chuckle,

"My apologies for sounding like some government-sponsored commercial, but you do know that is why they chose to eradicate pokemon in 2100, right? It was the year the world realized what a mistake it had been, to let such savage creatures run loose among society." And the world had burned for it.
@Ayle

At first Ajax thought that the woman was joking, but let her continue speaking.

"...Perhaps it was accidental, but his reaction following that success suggests to me that at least some of it was deliberate." He allowed a small scoff to come through, as Mila smiled sheepishly back at him- or perhaps with him, at the absurdity of such an idea. Ajax looked down at the counter, one hand resting on his glass as she continued.

"Ridiculous, is it not? Feel free to laugh, if you wish; I'm well aware how absurd this all sounds. It could have been a coincidence, but I have never held much faith in such. Therefore, the tests became necessary."

Ajax realized that she had stopped speaking, no doubt expecting him to mock her or even just leave.

"Ms. Mancini," he began, pushing his hair back, "I have seen many pokemon come through the ring, and there have been a few like yours. But they are...exceptions." Ajax swerved on his stool to face Mila,

"Running trials on a single pokemon like yours will say little about the nature of pokemon in general, you see. Depending on the species, some might indeed be more clever than others, or faster, or stronger...However, in the end, they are all just animals." He paused, letting out a chuckle,

"My apologies for sounding like some government-sponsored commercial, but you do know that is why they chose to eradicate pokemon in 2100, right? It was the year the world realized what a mistake it had been, to let such savage creatures run loose among society." And the world had burned for it.
pdPOUgg.png
@Skiatha

"Oh, I'm aware. I asked to watch tonight's battle in the hope that I would be able to observe more Pokémon, specifically, Pokémon placed in a situation where higher thought might be necessary." Mila huffed, thinking of the battle they had just watched. "Unfortunately, it was rather a waste of time. The trainers held the majority of responsibility for the strategic thinking, and the Rampardos really was little more than a rampaging animal. For now, Lin is very much an abnormality."

She waved a hand at Ajax's remark. "Of course. Every child with an education knows the history, and it was one of the first things which I conducted primary research on. There was a sudden influx of powerful, vicious Pokémon. As I recall, the death toll numbered in the hundreds of thousands, and it became obvious that Pokémon were much too dangerous to be left alive and free. Their extermination became necessary, for the continued progression of mankind." And generated a thousand and one conspiracy theories by Pokémon apologists.

Mila tapped her fingers against her glass, listening to the quiet clinking of the ice ball. Most of those theories had been far flung and absurd, but one in particular had caught her eye and stuck. It had involved a timeline, pulled together from the scraps of information on that time period, and which claimed the attacks had been orchestrated by the government, then a political party vying for election. The arguments this individual had put forth had been less than convincing, but the timeline indicated a progression of events which seemed too coincidental to be mere chance.

First, a political party appeared. They were charismatic, and quickly drew attention, both positive and negative, for their anti-Pokémon rhetoric. They claimed that humanity leaned too heavily on Pokemon, and it was stunting humanity's advancement. They claimed that, with more and more Pokémon being bred solely for battle, Pokémon were too dangerous, that checks need to be put in place. They did not win the first election they participated in, or the next. However, they became well known, with a good reputation, and began winning seats in Parliament as they drew supporters to their cause. Soon, parties in other countries began expounding similar views, and the movement gained momentum.

Then, attacks started breaking out. Suddenly, violent, bloodthirsty Pokémon became increasingly common, wreaking havoc in major cities around the world. Some terrorist organizations came forward, claiming the attacks to be their work, but all claims were quickly disproved. Nothing and no one was influencing these Pokémon.

Here was when the timeline began to waver. Information from this period of history was hard to come by, as the world began to panic. Among other things, archives and records were destroyed by attacks, and only information on the most key events had survived to the present day.

This party stood like an unwavering pillar in the midst of a hurricane, their rhetoric only gaining in intensity. Better still, they demonstrated the ability to act while their opponents were paralyzed, and began the first wave of extermination, saving countless lives.

That same year, they were elected, with an overwhelming majority, to the Government.

Their influence spread like a wildfire, as they began expounding on the need to exterminate Pokémon. They pointed to the devastation, and the chaos, and the peace which could only be brought about through total eradication. In particular, they called to mind the worst attack, when a rampaging group of Garchomp and Charizard had all but destroyed a large portion of Mexico in a single day. In essence, they declared war, and the people, terrified and enraged, agreed.

From there, the rest was history. Pokémon were culled en masse from the wild. The attacks slowed and, eventually, ceased. In later years, it became possible to own Pokémon, so long as you had the money for a license, obtained them from reliable breeders and put them through training, to ensure a proper disposition. Lin had graduated from such training early, deemed to be one of the most successful breeding projects in recent memory, with his placidity and calm nature.

In total, so the timeline's sources claimed, this whole sequence of events had taken place over less than two decades, a mere blip in the history which humanity had previously shared, amiably and happily, with Pokémon. Assuming all this was true, Mila had had to admit that the timing of the attacks had been convenient, and overwhelmingly so.

Still, she was not quite ready to inform Ajax of her thoughts on this. A theory built on such shaky evidence would hardly hold, and she had no proper proof. An afternoon spent counting backwards through the years and cross referencing to other sources had allowed her to determine the timeline's accuracy within a range of about one decade, but that was hardly enough for a convincing argument.

Mila cleared her throat, and took another sip of her drink as the silence lingered. "Well, regardless, it is still a theory. I confess to having some ulterior motives for telling you of this, however. Given that you have more experience with Pokémon than I do, and come into contact with more specimens, I was hoping you might be able to keep an eye out for similarly abnormal behavior, particularly from new trainees and Pokémon in high stakes battles. I have other thoughts on the potential effect of current training programs on the psyches of Pokémon, but those are even more unfounded than the theory I have just shared."

((Lol, sudden history dump! That was fun to write, although I don't think the whole politics and election stuff makes a lot of sense, haha))
@Skiatha

"Oh, I'm aware. I asked to watch tonight's battle in the hope that I would be able to observe more Pokémon, specifically, Pokémon placed in a situation where higher thought might be necessary." Mila huffed, thinking of the battle they had just watched. "Unfortunately, it was rather a waste of time. The trainers held the majority of responsibility for the strategic thinking, and the Rampardos really was little more than a rampaging animal. For now, Lin is very much an abnormality."

She waved a hand at Ajax's remark. "Of course. Every child with an education knows the history, and it was one of the first things which I conducted primary research on. There was a sudden influx of powerful, vicious Pokémon. As I recall, the death toll numbered in the hundreds of thousands, and it became obvious that Pokémon were much too dangerous to be left alive and free. Their extermination became necessary, for the continued progression of mankind." And generated a thousand and one conspiracy theories by Pokémon apologists.

Mila tapped her fingers against her glass, listening to the quiet clinking of the ice ball. Most of those theories had been far flung and absurd, but one in particular had caught her eye and stuck. It had involved a timeline, pulled together from the scraps of information on that time period, and which claimed the attacks had been orchestrated by the government, then a political party vying for election. The arguments this individual had put forth had been less than convincing, but the timeline indicated a progression of events which seemed too coincidental to be mere chance.

First, a political party appeared. They were charismatic, and quickly drew attention, both positive and negative, for their anti-Pokémon rhetoric. They claimed that humanity leaned too heavily on Pokemon, and it was stunting humanity's advancement. They claimed that, with more and more Pokémon being bred solely for battle, Pokémon were too dangerous, that checks need to be put in place. They did not win the first election they participated in, or the next. However, they became well known, with a good reputation, and began winning seats in Parliament as they drew supporters to their cause. Soon, parties in other countries began expounding similar views, and the movement gained momentum.

Then, attacks started breaking out. Suddenly, violent, bloodthirsty Pokémon became increasingly common, wreaking havoc in major cities around the world. Some terrorist organizations came forward, claiming the attacks to be their work, but all claims were quickly disproved. Nothing and no one was influencing these Pokémon.

Here was when the timeline began to waver. Information from this period of history was hard to come by, as the world began to panic. Among other things, archives and records were destroyed by attacks, and only information on the most key events had survived to the present day.

This party stood like an unwavering pillar in the midst of a hurricane, their rhetoric only gaining in intensity. Better still, they demonstrated the ability to act while their opponents were paralyzed, and began the first wave of extermination, saving countless lives.

That same year, they were elected, with an overwhelming majority, to the Government.

Their influence spread like a wildfire, as they began expounding on the need to exterminate Pokémon. They pointed to the devastation, and the chaos, and the peace which could only be brought about through total eradication. In particular, they called to mind the worst attack, when a rampaging group of Garchomp and Charizard had all but destroyed a large portion of Mexico in a single day. In essence, they declared war, and the people, terrified and enraged, agreed.

From there, the rest was history. Pokémon were culled en masse from the wild. The attacks slowed and, eventually, ceased. In later years, it became possible to own Pokémon, so long as you had the money for a license, obtained them from reliable breeders and put them through training, to ensure a proper disposition. Lin had graduated from such training early, deemed to be one of the most successful breeding projects in recent memory, with his placidity and calm nature.

In total, so the timeline's sources claimed, this whole sequence of events had taken place over less than two decades, a mere blip in the history which humanity had previously shared, amiably and happily, with Pokémon. Assuming all this was true, Mila had had to admit that the timing of the attacks had been convenient, and overwhelmingly so.

Still, she was not quite ready to inform Ajax of her thoughts on this. A theory built on such shaky evidence would hardly hold, and she had no proper proof. An afternoon spent counting backwards through the years and cross referencing to other sources had allowed her to determine the timeline's accuracy within a range of about one decade, but that was hardly enough for a convincing argument.

Mila cleared her throat, and took another sip of her drink as the silence lingered. "Well, regardless, it is still a theory. I confess to having some ulterior motives for telling you of this, however. Given that you have more experience with Pokémon than I do, and come into contact with more specimens, I was hoping you might be able to keep an eye out for similarly abnormal behavior, particularly from new trainees and Pokémon in high stakes battles. I have other thoughts on the potential effect of current training programs on the psyches of Pokémon, but those are even more unfounded than the theory I have just shared."

((Lol, sudden history dump! That was fun to write, although I don't think the whole politics and election stuff makes a lot of sense, haha))
@Ayle
((I'm just gonna make it so that to Ajax it looked like Mila kinda zoned off, to fill in for the history section. Might also be because she's had too much to drink 8'D))

Ajax tried to listen as Mila made a short display of her knowledge in the history of the Cleansing, which he had already heard about countless times, and then watched her apparently lapse into thought. After a period of silence, Ajax nudged her,

"...Mila? You still there?" He smirked as the woman emerged from her reverie and cleared her throat, beginning to feel the familiar hum in the back of his head as the alcohol seeped its way through his system. He drained his glass with a final swig, motioning for the bartender to bring another before returning to Mila,

"That is an unusual request; but I will accept, and let you know if anything comes out of it...But only if," Ajax paused, breaking into a smile as the server walked over, "You agree to another glass."

((Aaand unfortunately Ajax has no interest in history haha (I'm gonna call the extermination the Cleansing since it sounds official ;) ). I have a feeling that a timeskip's coming soon, but it's gonna be after Ajax attempts (and probably fails) to charm Mila...))

@Ayle
((I'm just gonna make it so that to Ajax it looked like Mila kinda zoned off, to fill in for the history section. Might also be because she's had too much to drink 8'D))

Ajax tried to listen as Mila made a short display of her knowledge in the history of the Cleansing, which he had already heard about countless times, and then watched her apparently lapse into thought. After a period of silence, Ajax nudged her,

"...Mila? You still there?" He smirked as the woman emerged from her reverie and cleared her throat, beginning to feel the familiar hum in the back of his head as the alcohol seeped its way through his system. He drained his glass with a final swig, motioning for the bartender to bring another before returning to Mila,

"That is an unusual request; but I will accept, and let you know if anything comes out of it...But only if," Ajax paused, breaking into a smile as the server walked over, "You agree to another glass."

((Aaand unfortunately Ajax has no interest in history haha (I'm gonna call the extermination the Cleansing since it sounds official ;) ). I have a feeling that a timeskip's coming soon, but it's gonna be after Ajax attempts (and probably fails) to charm Mila...))

pdPOUgg.png
@Skiatha
((Sure! But Mila's been trained to hold her alcohol very well; it'd take a lot more than one measly glass of whisky to make her tipsy enough to lose focus. It's a very important business skill when you have to socialise a lot; I'm personally still working on it, haha.))

Mila's gaze narrowed slightly as Ajax stated his condition, before she glanced at the clock. Almost 11.40. I'm not sure I have the time for another glass, but I would like his cooperation on this matter. Staying for a second drink would be the most ideal way to ensure this, but perhaps...

She smiled charmingly at Ajax. "Those terms sound perfectly agreeable. One more drink, then."

Mila drained her glass, savouring the taste of the whisky. It was surprisingly high quality, and it made her next course of action much more palatable. She set the empty glass back on the counter, and quietly ordered, "Bartender, one whisky shot, please."

She maintained eye contact with the bartender for a few seconds, before the man hurried to make and deliver her order. She didn't look at Ajax as the small shot glass was slid towards her a few seconds later, only turning to fix him with a steady grey gaze once she picked it up. He said one more glass, but he never did say what kind.

"Cheers." Mila smiled, and downed the shot in a single, fluid motion. The alcohol burned slightly as it went down her throat, and she blinked quickly before she set the glass back onto the counter with a polite nod.

"And there we go. I look forward to hearing from you, Mr Lu." Mila stood smoothly, brushing off her blouse as she did so. Behind her, Lin rose from his seat on the floor, eyes glowing faintly in the dim light as he moved to take his position behind her. If Mila had turned to look, she might have been surprised by the amusement glittering on his usual composed mask.

She took a few steps towards the entrance, before she stopped and turned slightly back. "Ah, yes. Please also inform me of how much I owe you for tonight's drinks, and I will have the money transferred into your account. Good night." Mila inclined her head slightly in farewell, before turning back around and stepping out of the bar, Lin close on her heels.

((I feel the need to apologise on her behalf, oh my god, Mila D:. I'm laughing but also crying.))
@Skiatha
((Sure! But Mila's been trained to hold her alcohol very well; it'd take a lot more than one measly glass of whisky to make her tipsy enough to lose focus. It's a very important business skill when you have to socialise a lot; I'm personally still working on it, haha.))

Mila's gaze narrowed slightly as Ajax stated his condition, before she glanced at the clock. Almost 11.40. I'm not sure I have the time for another glass, but I would like his cooperation on this matter. Staying for a second drink would be the most ideal way to ensure this, but perhaps...

She smiled charmingly at Ajax. "Those terms sound perfectly agreeable. One more drink, then."

Mila drained her glass, savouring the taste of the whisky. It was surprisingly high quality, and it made her next course of action much more palatable. She set the empty glass back on the counter, and quietly ordered, "Bartender, one whisky shot, please."

She maintained eye contact with the bartender for a few seconds, before the man hurried to make and deliver her order. She didn't look at Ajax as the small shot glass was slid towards her a few seconds later, only turning to fix him with a steady grey gaze once she picked it up. He said one more glass, but he never did say what kind.

"Cheers." Mila smiled, and downed the shot in a single, fluid motion. The alcohol burned slightly as it went down her throat, and she blinked quickly before she set the glass back onto the counter with a polite nod.

"And there we go. I look forward to hearing from you, Mr Lu." Mila stood smoothly, brushing off her blouse as she did so. Behind her, Lin rose from his seat on the floor, eyes glowing faintly in the dim light as he moved to take his position behind her. If Mila had turned to look, she might have been surprised by the amusement glittering on his usual composed mask.

She took a few steps towards the entrance, before she stopped and turned slightly back. "Ah, yes. Please also inform me of how much I owe you for tonight's drinks, and I will have the money transferred into your account. Good night." Mila inclined her head slightly in farewell, before turning back around and stepping out of the bar, Lin close on her heels.

((I feel the need to apologise on her behalf, oh my god, Mila D:. I'm laughing but also crying.))
@Ayle

((AHAHA tbh I have no experience with alcohol since, y'know, I'm not drinking age yet. >u> But good for Mila lolol))

Ajax smiled widely as Mila agreed, then blinked as she ordered only a shot and smoothly downed it. He opened his mouth, but she beat him to it,

"And there we go. I look forward to hearing from you, Mr Lu."

"...And from you as well, Ms. Mancini," he responded, quickly regaining his composure. He saw the woman pause in her exit,

"Ah, yes. Please also inform me of how much I owe you for tonight's drinks, and I will have the money transferred into your account. Good night."

He scoffed after her, "For you it's free."

The bartender came and placed his second glass before him, and Ajax turned back, leaning over the counter as he swigged the whole thing in a few gulps. He exhaled as the liquid burned down, meditatively looking at the crystal edge of the glass. Mila certainly had an interesting character; she was unpredictable, an intriguing enigma he had yet to decipher. He liked it.

Ajax paid for the drinks and left for home.

((ahh I have nothing else to put, so I guess we'll wait for the chat on Sunday then! <3 Lookin forward to it~))
@Ayle

((AHAHA tbh I have no experience with alcohol since, y'know, I'm not drinking age yet. >u> But good for Mila lolol))

Ajax smiled widely as Mila agreed, then blinked as she ordered only a shot and smoothly downed it. He opened his mouth, but she beat him to it,

"And there we go. I look forward to hearing from you, Mr Lu."

"...And from you as well, Ms. Mancini," he responded, quickly regaining his composure. He saw the woman pause in her exit,

"Ah, yes. Please also inform me of how much I owe you for tonight's drinks, and I will have the money transferred into your account. Good night."

He scoffed after her, "For you it's free."

The bartender came and placed his second glass before him, and Ajax turned back, leaning over the counter as he swigged the whole thing in a few gulps. He exhaled as the liquid burned down, meditatively looking at the crystal edge of the glass. Mila certainly had an interesting character; she was unpredictable, an intriguing enigma he had yet to decipher. He liked it.

Ajax paid for the drinks and left for home.

((ahh I have nothing else to put, so I guess we'll wait for the chat on Sunday then! <3 Lookin forward to it~))
pdPOUgg.png
@Skiatha [quote][font=monospace] [b][Private Server 188.178.251.68 CHATROOM][/b] [sub]6.10.30 [MilaM] Today at 2:20 PM Good evening, Ajax. Given that it has been some time since we last spoke, I thought I would contact you with regards to my request, and how your observations have been going. [Ajax] Today at 2:51 PM Hello Ms. Mancini, my apologies for not responding sooner. Father has been gone to attend to other business for the past few weeks and apparently dropped all the responsibilities onto me...I have little to report other than a Machamp who seemed to have some kind of breakdown in the middle of a training session. [MilaM] Today at 2:55 PM Oh, I see. That is a shame. On the other hand, we seem to have had similar experiences; Father has been particularly difficult to get ahold of over the past few weeks as well. Have you heard anything on your end as to what they are doing? [Ajax] Today at 2:55 PM No, he has not spoken to me since the Death Valley tournament, other than about a few new system upgrades we received from MiloTech. [MilaM] Today at 2:53 PM Okay. Nothing about any new ventures with Milotech? [Ajax] Today at 2:53 PM Not that I know of [MilaM] Today at 2:54 PM I ask as, recently, we have received a few odd shipments which are out of our usual field of expertise. Organic engineering and the like, which is strange. Well, it is no problem, if you don't know. I am sure Father will inform me of their purpose soon, regardless. How are the system upgrades faring? [Ajax] Today at 2:55 PM It does sound like your father is working on some project. And the upgrades are getting along smoothly. Would you like to pay another visit to see how they are working? If you have the time, of course. [MilaM] Today at 2:56 PM Do you think such a visit would be necessary? I can make time, if I have to. [Ajax] Today at 2:57 PM Yes, I believe I would require a second opinion on the calibration for one of the machines. Do you have a date in mind? [MilaM] Today at 2:57 PM I see. Are there any dates which I ought to avoid? I would likely arrive sometime in the evening. [Ajax] Today at 2:57 PM Well, father has required my presence for an interdistrict meeting on Tuesday. How about Monday? [MilaM] Today at 2:59 PM Alright. I will be free on Monday after 4.30pm. Would arriving at your ring around 6pm work for you? [Ajax] Today at 3:00 PM Yes, that is fine. See you then. [MilaM] Today at 3:00 PM See you. [Ajax] has left CHATROOM [/font][/quote] Mila logged off after Ajax, and leaned back into her seat. [i]So he didn't know either, hm?[/i] She glanced at the clock, noting the time before she sat back upright and resumed typing. [i]I have 45 minutes until my next obligation; let's use it productively. If I can figure out why we are shifting experimention towards the organic, I can be more prepared when Father eventually decides to include me in the proceedings.[/i] Half an hour later found her deep in the archives, as she traced orders and budget requests through to a separate section, which was linked to their dealings with the Lu's ring. [i]So it [b]is[/i] something to do with Caesar Lu. Perhaps some new augmentation project?[/i] Mila scrolled through the files, noting the ones which she had already looked through, as well as the ones which she had had a hand in creating. She quickly copied files related to the systems they had sent to the ring, for later review, before her gaze landed on an innocuous file labeled [font=Monospace]Trial_008[/font]. [i]...That's new[/i]. Curious, she moved to click on it, only to be abruptly prompted for a password. Mila blinked, surprised, as she entered her personal password and received a bland denial of access. [i]Odd. And here I thought I was meant to be in charge of the liaison with Milotech; did Father neglect to inform me of this project?[/i] Mila frowned in annoyance at the screen, before she made a copy of the file and transferred it to her tablet. [i]Until Father informs me of this, I'll just get my software to work on unlocking the file. His passwords aren't exactly difficult to crack, after all.[/i] As the transfer finished, Lin chirped from behind Mila. She looked back at the Kirlia, who had been absentmindedly using Psychic to levitate a small weighted ball, and had now stood to his feet and was looking towards Mila with an air of mild anticipation. Mila met his gaze, before she stood up as well, picking up her tablet as she did so. "Let's go, Lin." He nodded in response, falling into step behind her as she walked out of the office. Mila set up and began her decryption program as she walked, before stowing the device, mind already moving on to the upcoming meeting. --------------- Mila sighed and tugged at the collar of her blouse as she rolled up to the ring, stopping to nod her thanks to the chauffeur before exiting the vehicle. She made her way quickly to the entrance, and was shown in. [i]It's definitely slower today,[/i] she observed, feeling slightly relieved. Her gaze swept across the crowd, watching for Ajax. [i]Now, I wonder which system he wants a second opinion on?[/i]
@Skiatha
Quote:

[Private Server 188.178.251.68 CHATROOM]

[MilaM] Today at 2:20 PM
Good evening, Ajax. Given that it has been some time since we last spoke, I thought I would contact you with regards to my request, and how your observations have been going.

[Ajax] Today at 2:51 PM
Hello Ms. Mancini, my apologies for not responding sooner. Father has been gone to attend to other business for the past few weeks and apparently dropped all the responsibilities onto me...I have little to report other than a Machamp who seemed to have some kind of breakdown in the middle of a training session.

[MilaM] Today at 2:55 PM
Oh, I see. That is a shame. On the other hand, we seem to have had similar experiences; Father has been particularly difficult to get ahold of over the past few weeks as well.
Have you heard anything on your end as to what they are doing?

[Ajax] Today at 2:55 PM
No, he has not spoken to me since the Death Valley tournament, other than about a few new system upgrades we received from MiloTech.

[MilaM] Today at 2:53 PM
Okay. Nothing about any new ventures with Milotech?

[Ajax] Today at 2:53 PM
Not that I know of

[MilaM] Today at 2:54 PM
I ask as, recently, we have received a few odd shipments which are out of our usual field of expertise. Organic engineering and the like, which is strange.
Well, it is no problem, if you don't know. I am sure Father will inform me of their purpose soon, regardless.
How are the system upgrades faring?

[Ajax] Today at 2:55 PM
It does sound like your father is working on some project. And the upgrades are getting along smoothly.
Would you like to pay another visit to see how they are working?
If you have the time, of course.

[MilaM] Today at 2:56 PM
Do you think such a visit would be necessary? I can make time, if I have to.

[Ajax] Today at 2:57 PM
Yes, I believe I would require a second opinion on the calibration for one of the machines. Do you have a date in mind?

[MilaM] Today at 2:57 PM
I see. Are there any dates which I ought to avoid? I would likely arrive sometime in the evening.

[Ajax] Today at 2:57 PM
Well, father has required my presence for an interdistrict meeting on Tuesday. How about Monday?

[MilaM] Today at 2:59 PM
Alright. I will be free on Monday after 4.30pm. Would arriving at your ring around 6pm work for you?

[Ajax] Today at 3:00 PM
Yes, that is fine. See you then.

[MilaM] Today at 3:00 PM
See you.

[Ajax] has left CHATROOM

Mila logged off after Ajax, and leaned back into her seat. So he didn't know either, hm? She glanced at the clock, noting the time before she sat back upright and resumed typing. I have 45 minutes until my next obligation; let's use it productively. If I can figure out why we are shifting experimention towards the organic, I can be more prepared when Father eventually decides to include me in the proceedings.

Half an hour later found her deep in the archives, as she traced orders and budget requests through to a separate section, which was linked to their dealings with the Lu's ring. So it is something to do with Caesar Lu. Perhaps some new augmentation project?[/i]

Mila scrolled through the files, noting the ones which she had already looked through, as well as the ones which she had had a hand in creating. She quickly copied files related to the systems they had sent to the ring, for later review, before her gaze landed on an innocuous file labeled Trial_008. ...That's new.

Curious, she moved to click on it, only to be abruptly prompted for a password. Mila blinked, surprised, as she entered her personal password and received a bland denial of access. Odd. And here I thought I was meant to be in charge of the liaison with Milotech; did Father neglect to inform me of this project?

Mila frowned in annoyance at the screen, before she made a copy of the file and transferred it to her tablet. Until Father informs me of this, I'll just get my software to work on unlocking the file. His passwords aren't exactly difficult to crack, after all.

As the transfer finished, Lin chirped from behind Mila. She looked back at the Kirlia, who had been absentmindedly using Psychic to levitate a small weighted ball, and had now stood to his feet and was looking towards Mila with an air of mild anticipation.

Mila met his gaze, before she stood up as well, picking up her tablet as she did so. "Let's go, Lin." He nodded in response, falling into step behind her as she walked out of the office. Mila set up and began her decryption program as she walked, before stowing the device, mind already moving on to the upcoming meeting.

Mila sighed and tugged at the collar of her blouse as she rolled up to the ring, stopping to nod her thanks to the chauffeur before exiting the vehicle. She made her way quickly to the entrance, and was shown in.

It's definitely slower today, she observed, feeling slightly relieved. Her gaze swept across the crowd, watching for Ajax. Now, I wonder which system he wants a second opinion on?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 37 38