Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | DYSTÖPE | a private pokemon rp
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 38
@Ayle

((Sure!))

Ajax walked into the conference room after Mila, coming to face Mancini once again. He ignored the (obviously expected) sneer from the large man, watching as he appointed assignments to his daughter before turning his attention back on him once again,

"Well, Ajax. If we ever meet again in the ring, I won't go easy on you next time! Caesar, it has been fantastic meeting with you."

Perhaps it was the dangerous glint in Ajax's eyes that caused the journey of Mancini's hand towards his head to terminate halfway through, as Mancini rather abruptly turned and left without another word to them both.

After the man's heavy footsteps faded into the distance, Mila stated her proposal to Caesar, her eyes turning towards Ajax with what he thought contained some impatience,

"Ajax, does that sound okay to you as well? We ought to change contact information, if so."

"Sure," Ajax reached into his jacket, drawing out a black business card, "My info's on the front, but use the back to get you in." He flipped the card over, revealing a red holographic emblem of two entwined Rayquazas. After handing the card to Mila with a slight flourish, Ajax added,

"Tomorrow evening, 5 o' clock sharp? I'm not scheduled for any battles then and can give you a run-down of the...facilities."

He smiled again, before Caesar interjected,

"We greatly appreciated your and Mr. Mancini's hospitality this afternoon, but now we must be off for other matters of importance. Ajax," he gave the other a man a look before straightening his tie and leaving, with Shen padding close behind and Ajax following shortly after.

Before they had exited the building and out of view from the many windows of the Mancini residence, Ajax had already braced himself for the inevitable verbal assault from his father. The older man wheeled around on his heels, soles scraping on the sidewalk and all hint of civility he had shown before Mancini lost,

"You said that I would partition a fourth of the sub-district's emoluments to MiloTech? Were you out of your damn mind? The value of that alone would have sent us into absolute bankruptcy, do you realize?"

Ajax shoved his hands into his pockets, "Actually, Father, I did. But groveling for extended periods of time isn't a particular favorite hobby of mine, as it might be yours-"

A low hiss from Shen cut his sentence short, but Ajax nonetheless gave a smug smile as Caesar's tone dropped,

"Watch your words, son. I built up this empire with my own blood; if it weren't for me you would be living in the slums like a beggar. I can send you back again if I wish." A black limousine pulled up beside him, and the man stepped in, eyes not leaving Ajax,

"Don't screw up tomorrow's meeting with Mancini's girl and expect me to clean up after you again. She may be a valuable asset to us in the future. I will be watching you two."

Oh, how terrifying, Ajax held back the urge to roll his eyes, as the chauffeur slammed the door closed and the car hummed away.

@Ayle

((Sure!))

Ajax walked into the conference room after Mila, coming to face Mancini once again. He ignored the (obviously expected) sneer from the large man, watching as he appointed assignments to his daughter before turning his attention back on him once again,

"Well, Ajax. If we ever meet again in the ring, I won't go easy on you next time! Caesar, it has been fantastic meeting with you."

Perhaps it was the dangerous glint in Ajax's eyes that caused the journey of Mancini's hand towards his head to terminate halfway through, as Mancini rather abruptly turned and left without another word to them both.

After the man's heavy footsteps faded into the distance, Mila stated her proposal to Caesar, her eyes turning towards Ajax with what he thought contained some impatience,

"Ajax, does that sound okay to you as well? We ought to change contact information, if so."

"Sure," Ajax reached into his jacket, drawing out a black business card, "My info's on the front, but use the back to get you in." He flipped the card over, revealing a red holographic emblem of two entwined Rayquazas. After handing the card to Mila with a slight flourish, Ajax added,

"Tomorrow evening, 5 o' clock sharp? I'm not scheduled for any battles then and can give you a run-down of the...facilities."

He smiled again, before Caesar interjected,

"We greatly appreciated your and Mr. Mancini's hospitality this afternoon, but now we must be off for other matters of importance. Ajax," he gave the other a man a look before straightening his tie and leaving, with Shen padding close behind and Ajax following shortly after.

Before they had exited the building and out of view from the many windows of the Mancini residence, Ajax had already braced himself for the inevitable verbal assault from his father. The older man wheeled around on his heels, soles scraping on the sidewalk and all hint of civility he had shown before Mancini lost,

"You said that I would partition a fourth of the sub-district's emoluments to MiloTech? Were you out of your damn mind? The value of that alone would have sent us into absolute bankruptcy, do you realize?"

Ajax shoved his hands into his pockets, "Actually, Father, I did. But groveling for extended periods of time isn't a particular favorite hobby of mine, as it might be yours-"

A low hiss from Shen cut his sentence short, but Ajax nonetheless gave a smug smile as Caesar's tone dropped,

"Watch your words, son. I built up this empire with my own blood; if it weren't for me you would be living in the slums like a beggar. I can send you back again if I wish." A black limousine pulled up beside him, and the man stepped in, eyes not leaving Ajax,

"Don't screw up tomorrow's meeting with Mancini's girl and expect me to clean up after you again. She may be a valuable asset to us in the future. I will be watching you two."

Oh, how terrifying, Ajax held back the urge to roll his eyes, as the chauffeur slammed the door closed and the car hummed away.

pdPOUgg.png
@Skiatha

"I want the tender request submitted to the appropriate portals by Tuesday at the latest. Yes, this Tuesday. Please don't attempt to argue with me about this. I hope to receive a favorable status report soon. Good evening." Mila cut the call, leaning back into her seat and rubbing at her temples. I'm not sure what Father was thinking when he claimed I have the time to deal with this. We're almost to the end of the current quarter, this is one of the busiest times of the year, and I definitely do not have the time. She closed her eyes and sighed heavily, Lin shooting her a mildly concerned glance from the opposite seat. I'm tired.

"Miss, we've arrived." The nondescript car Mila had decided on rolled to a stop as she opened her eyes. She stepped out of the door her chauffeur held open, and surveyed her surroundings. For an illegally run enterprise, the place certainly is crowded. Mila ran a hand over her formal blouse, feeling out of place in the sea of people who were only barely casually dressed. A light tug on her skirt prompted her to look down at Lin, who had pressed close and reached to hang on to her, looking somewhat overwhelmed. Ajax's warning about her personal belongings echoed, and Mila smiled and ruffled Lin's hair, before taking his hand and carefully leading him through the crowd to the entrance.

"Good evening. I'm here to meet Mr Ajax Lu." Mila flashed the card Ajax had given her at the security. "He's expecting me, I'm sure." A few seconds passed as the guards eyed her warily, before one of them motioned for Mila to follow him into the compound. She did so, feeling mildly relieved upon the discovery that the interior of the ring was less crowded than its exterior, although the place had such a convoluted design Mila was certain she could easily get lost in its tunnels. Eventually, she was lead to a room, where the guard left her. Mila looked around, taking in the contradictions of yellowing walls and modern holographic paintings, and the expensive looking furnishings scattered on slightly ratty carpet, and came to the conclusion that she had been lead to a room meant to entertain guests, likely during periods in between battles. She chose a chair and sat down before opening her tablet, noting the time as 4.58pm, and tapping out a quick message to Ajax: Have arrived and am in the waiting room.
@Skiatha

"I want the tender request submitted to the appropriate portals by Tuesday at the latest. Yes, this Tuesday. Please don't attempt to argue with me about this. I hope to receive a favorable status report soon. Good evening." Mila cut the call, leaning back into her seat and rubbing at her temples. I'm not sure what Father was thinking when he claimed I have the time to deal with this. We're almost to the end of the current quarter, this is one of the busiest times of the year, and I definitely do not have the time. She closed her eyes and sighed heavily, Lin shooting her a mildly concerned glance from the opposite seat. I'm tired.

"Miss, we've arrived." The nondescript car Mila had decided on rolled to a stop as she opened her eyes. She stepped out of the door her chauffeur held open, and surveyed her surroundings. For an illegally run enterprise, the place certainly is crowded. Mila ran a hand over her formal blouse, feeling out of place in the sea of people who were only barely casually dressed. A light tug on her skirt prompted her to look down at Lin, who had pressed close and reached to hang on to her, looking somewhat overwhelmed. Ajax's warning about her personal belongings echoed, and Mila smiled and ruffled Lin's hair, before taking his hand and carefully leading him through the crowd to the entrance.

"Good evening. I'm here to meet Mr Ajax Lu." Mila flashed the card Ajax had given her at the security. "He's expecting me, I'm sure." A few seconds passed as the guards eyed her warily, before one of them motioned for Mila to follow him into the compound. She did so, feeling mildly relieved upon the discovery that the interior of the ring was less crowded than its exterior, although the place had such a convoluted design Mila was certain she could easily get lost in its tunnels. Eventually, she was lead to a room, where the guard left her. Mila looked around, taking in the contradictions of yellowing walls and modern holographic paintings, and the expensive looking furnishings scattered on slightly ratty carpet, and came to the conclusion that she had been lead to a room meant to entertain guests, likely during periods in between battles. She chose a chair and sat down before opening her tablet, noting the time as 4.58pm, and tapping out a quick message to Ajax: Have arrived and am in the waiting room.
@Ayle

"Nem, that's enough!" Ajax's voice echoed in against the concrete walls of the room. The sharp click of claws against the floor sounded as Nemesis stepped back, her crimson-tinted blades smoothly retracting into her paws. Returning the Quilava back into her pokeball, Ajax turned to one of the suited men beside him,

"The Lairon does show promise, though his speed is not up to par with those expected of his class," he took the tablet from the other man's hands, signing it, "I want him battle-ready by the start of next month- no, the 29th. A little pushing will do him good."

One man stepped forward, somewhat timidly, "But sir- if I may interject- even at maximum healing capacity X-8J0 will need at least a week to fully recover."

Ajax looked up and handed the tablet to him, smiling, "Well that will give you a full week to train some sense into him then. I'm done here, good day to you, sirs."

He grabbed his jacket from the stand and pushed his way out, the heavy steel door closing with a low boom, and checked his watch. 4:56, with four minutes to spare. Not bad. Rolling down the sleeve, Ajax made a turn down the corridor and on to the main floor. It was relatively uncrowded, being a Sunday night. Business would be low as usual.

A beep at his cell signaled that Mila had arrived "in the waiting room". Ajax scoffed as he made his way down a hall. There was no official waiting room in this place, though she wouldn't have known that.

Luckily for him, before he had to search through each room in the hall a guard had approached him, muttering that there was a girl waiting for him in B6. He nodded and arrived at the door, the sign mostly worn away from the wood, and knocked before entering,

"Ms. Mancini, I hope the guards treated you well? Would you care for any refreshments before we begin the tour?" He smirked; the only "refreshments" the ring provided included a variety of alcoholic and other more questionable beverages. He also noted that the Kirlia was nearly glued to the woman's side. At least he won't get lost that way.
@Ayle

"Nem, that's enough!" Ajax's voice echoed in against the concrete walls of the room. The sharp click of claws against the floor sounded as Nemesis stepped back, her crimson-tinted blades smoothly retracting into her paws. Returning the Quilava back into her pokeball, Ajax turned to one of the suited men beside him,

"The Lairon does show promise, though his speed is not up to par with those expected of his class," he took the tablet from the other man's hands, signing it, "I want him battle-ready by the start of next month- no, the 29th. A little pushing will do him good."

One man stepped forward, somewhat timidly, "But sir- if I may interject- even at maximum healing capacity X-8J0 will need at least a week to fully recover."

Ajax looked up and handed the tablet to him, smiling, "Well that will give you a full week to train some sense into him then. I'm done here, good day to you, sirs."

He grabbed his jacket from the stand and pushed his way out, the heavy steel door closing with a low boom, and checked his watch. 4:56, with four minutes to spare. Not bad. Rolling down the sleeve, Ajax made a turn down the corridor and on to the main floor. It was relatively uncrowded, being a Sunday night. Business would be low as usual.

A beep at his cell signaled that Mila had arrived "in the waiting room". Ajax scoffed as he made his way down a hall. There was no official waiting room in this place, though she wouldn't have known that.

Luckily for him, before he had to search through each room in the hall a guard had approached him, muttering that there was a girl waiting for him in B6. He nodded and arrived at the door, the sign mostly worn away from the wood, and knocked before entering,

"Ms. Mancini, I hope the guards treated you well? Would you care for any refreshments before we begin the tour?" He smirked; the only "refreshments" the ring provided included a variety of alcoholic and other more questionable beverages. He also noted that the Kirlia was nearly glued to the woman's side. At least he won't get lost that way.
pdPOUgg.png
@Skiatha

Mila stood at the knock on the door, Lin's hand reaching up again to grasp at her wrist. She glanced down, before looking back up as Ajax entered the room.

"No, but thank you for the offer. Unfortunately, I'm on a bit of a tight schedule, so shall we get started?" Mila swiped through her tablet for the notepad app, opening up the new notebook she had created. She flipped past the first few pages, already filled with scribbles on the meager amounts of information she had been able to obtain, and to a fresh page, before meeting Ajax's eyes and stepping forward. "I would like to take a look at the main ring, of course. If possible, it would be useful to be able to watch a match, from the waiting rooms to the procedure after the battle, for both the winner and the loser. A quick look at your records system and admin processes would also be useful, and I would appreciate if we could go there first."

Mila bit her lip, feeling oddly conscious of the pressure of Lin's hand around her wrist. "Unfortunately, I do not have as much experience as I would like in this area, so if there is anything else which you might deem pertinent, I would like to see it as well. Furthermore, a brief rundown of the programs you run and operations which are carried out would be of help."

((Anyway, Mila is going to pretty much just going to follow Ajax, so they can walk and talk!))
@Skiatha

Mila stood at the knock on the door, Lin's hand reaching up again to grasp at her wrist. She glanced down, before looking back up as Ajax entered the room.

"No, but thank you for the offer. Unfortunately, I'm on a bit of a tight schedule, so shall we get started?" Mila swiped through her tablet for the notepad app, opening up the new notebook she had created. She flipped past the first few pages, already filled with scribbles on the meager amounts of information she had been able to obtain, and to a fresh page, before meeting Ajax's eyes and stepping forward. "I would like to take a look at the main ring, of course. If possible, it would be useful to be able to watch a match, from the waiting rooms to the procedure after the battle, for both the winner and the loser. A quick look at your records system and admin processes would also be useful, and I would appreciate if we could go there first."

Mila bit her lip, feeling oddly conscious of the pressure of Lin's hand around her wrist. "Unfortunately, I do not have as much experience as I would like in this area, so if there is anything else which you might deem pertinent, I would like to see it as well. Furthermore, a brief rundown of the programs you run and operations which are carried out would be of help."

((Anyway, Mila is going to pretty much just going to follow Ajax, so they can walk and talk!))
@Ayle

((baaaccckkk....ugh idk business terminology))

Ajax's eyebrow raised as Mila listed off her requests, flipping through her tablet like an eager schoolchild. He smiled, then held the door open for her,

"Very well then. Follow me." He turned, heading back the way they came and onto the main floor once again.

"On Sundays matches don't begin until 7, and unfortunately tonight's fare will probably be little more than a scrap between some local fighters. It's Fridays that are the biggest tournaments. This way," Ajax made a turn into a different hall, which terminated into a single door at the end, marked PERSONNEL ONLY. He pressed his thumb into the pad beside the knob, and the door swung open with a click.

The room inside was dimly lit, and Ajax closed the door behind them as soon as Mila entered. Flicking a few switches, he watched as monitors hummed and blinked on around them,

"These are the archives. Not much real info regarding names and battler information, if you know what I mean." He punched in a code into the main console, the computer cheerily stating, "Welcome, Master Lu". Profiles flashed by with the titles of various battlers, such as King Kang, Master Blaster, etc. He let it run for a second, before closing the window,

"These are all confidential, of course," Ajax looked at Mila with some amusement in his eyes, before motioning around the room,

"I would not like to bore you with further details, but here you can access information on all previous battles, stats on past contestants, financial returns, traffic stats, even pokemon and human fatalities, if those strike your interest." After lingering for a moment more, Ajax lead Mila out. As they headed towards the training facilities, he spoke again,

"As for admin processes, there isn't really a set system. Usually battlers sign up on a walk-in basis, unless there's an official tournament scheduled for the day. Contestants are registered into the system by that machine at that end of the building," Ajax pointed past the ring, to where a group of people were already gathering. Two guards stood at each side of the device.

"The machine randomizes the match-ups so that there's no foul play, unless you manage to bribe both the guards into looking the other way. Afterwards, the names will be displayed on the screens above the ring, in the order in which they'll compete. Players can agree on several different categories of battles. Standard battles are won when one competitor surrenders, or the pokemon faints, but those don't bring in much revenue these days." Ajax fingered his pokeball, eyes drifting towards the ring,

"Higher category battles have much higher stakes. The players know it, and so do their pokemon...But anyways," He stopped at the entrance to the training areas,

"We'll be stopping by the training facilities now, but do you have any questions so far? You may want to return your Kirlia if he's sensitive to any violence or blood."
@Ayle

((baaaccckkk....ugh idk business terminology))

Ajax's eyebrow raised as Mila listed off her requests, flipping through her tablet like an eager schoolchild. He smiled, then held the door open for her,

"Very well then. Follow me." He turned, heading back the way they came and onto the main floor once again.

"On Sundays matches don't begin until 7, and unfortunately tonight's fare will probably be little more than a scrap between some local fighters. It's Fridays that are the biggest tournaments. This way," Ajax made a turn into a different hall, which terminated into a single door at the end, marked PERSONNEL ONLY. He pressed his thumb into the pad beside the knob, and the door swung open with a click.

The room inside was dimly lit, and Ajax closed the door behind them as soon as Mila entered. Flicking a few switches, he watched as monitors hummed and blinked on around them,

"These are the archives. Not much real info regarding names and battler information, if you know what I mean." He punched in a code into the main console, the computer cheerily stating, "Welcome, Master Lu". Profiles flashed by with the titles of various battlers, such as King Kang, Master Blaster, etc. He let it run for a second, before closing the window,

"These are all confidential, of course," Ajax looked at Mila with some amusement in his eyes, before motioning around the room,

"I would not like to bore you with further details, but here you can access information on all previous battles, stats on past contestants, financial returns, traffic stats, even pokemon and human fatalities, if those strike your interest." After lingering for a moment more, Ajax lead Mila out. As they headed towards the training facilities, he spoke again,

"As for admin processes, there isn't really a set system. Usually battlers sign up on a walk-in basis, unless there's an official tournament scheduled for the day. Contestants are registered into the system by that machine at that end of the building," Ajax pointed past the ring, to where a group of people were already gathering. Two guards stood at each side of the device.

"The machine randomizes the match-ups so that there's no foul play, unless you manage to bribe both the guards into looking the other way. Afterwards, the names will be displayed on the screens above the ring, in the order in which they'll compete. Players can agree on several different categories of battles. Standard battles are won when one competitor surrenders, or the pokemon faints, but those don't bring in much revenue these days." Ajax fingered his pokeball, eyes drifting towards the ring,

"Higher category battles have much higher stakes. The players know it, and so do their pokemon...But anyways," He stopped at the entrance to the training areas,

"We'll be stopping by the training facilities now, but do you have any questions so far? You may want to return your Kirlia if he's sensitive to any violence or blood."
pdPOUgg.png
@Skiatha

Mila typed as she walked, fingers flying over the holographic keyboard as Ajax showed her around the building. Lin's grip around her wrist had eased and disappeared as they moved through the hallways, a fact Mila noted with a small measure of relief. She hummed as Ajax showed her the sign-up system, nose wrinkling slightly at the implied ease with which someone could rig the system.

I wonder if there's any way to improve the operations here? Their archiving system seems decent enough, but their battling set up might need work. I'll bring it up some other time, perhaps. If we're going to be working together, we should make sure both organisations operate as efficiently as possible.

She glanced at Ajax when they stopped in front of another set of doors, nodding in acknowledgement as he explained that they lead to the training area. Mila tilted her head slightly, considering her options, before replying.

"Yes, I do. However, I'd prefer to save my questions for after we're done, if that sounds amenable to you? There are some areas which I'd like to discuss, which may take some time." She offered Ajax a small smile at his next sentence.

"Oh, Lin doesn't have a Pokeball. I've never needed one, since I'm not a trainer, and he's never far away from me. And besides, he's just a Pokemon. I'm quite certain such a thing wouldn't bother him, if it even registe-" Mila glanced down, to the left and slightly behind, the position which Lin always took, and felt a spike of panic when she realised the Kirlia was nowhere to be seen.

Mila blinked, and turned around to scan the surrounding area. Where? Where did he go? Did I actually lose him? When exactly did he let go of my wrist? How irritating. She sighed, before turning back to Ajax.

"Just a moment, please. I seem to have lost Lin," Mila said, a little distractedly, as she scrolled through her tablet for the tracking app connected to the chip in Lin's collar. "This shouldn't take too long." I never thought I'd have to use this. What an embarrassment. Alright, the signal's coming from... behind that door? Did he Teleport through? What on earth?

Mila looked up at the door to the training area. "Ajax, Lin appears to have preemptively entered that area." A sudden commotion echoed from behind the entryway. "I'd like to find him as soon as possible, so shall we go in?"

((Wow, I wonder what Lin could be doing? :3d))
@Skiatha

Mila typed as she walked, fingers flying over the holographic keyboard as Ajax showed her around the building. Lin's grip around her wrist had eased and disappeared as they moved through the hallways, a fact Mila noted with a small measure of relief. She hummed as Ajax showed her the sign-up system, nose wrinkling slightly at the implied ease with which someone could rig the system.

I wonder if there's any way to improve the operations here? Their archiving system seems decent enough, but their battling set up might need work. I'll bring it up some other time, perhaps. If we're going to be working together, we should make sure both organisations operate as efficiently as possible.

She glanced at Ajax when they stopped in front of another set of doors, nodding in acknowledgement as he explained that they lead to the training area. Mila tilted her head slightly, considering her options, before replying.

"Yes, I do. However, I'd prefer to save my questions for after we're done, if that sounds amenable to you? There are some areas which I'd like to discuss, which may take some time." She offered Ajax a small smile at his next sentence.

"Oh, Lin doesn't have a Pokeball. I've never needed one, since I'm not a trainer, and he's never far away from me. And besides, he's just a Pokemon. I'm quite certain such a thing wouldn't bother him, if it even registe-" Mila glanced down, to the left and slightly behind, the position which Lin always took, and felt a spike of panic when she realised the Kirlia was nowhere to be seen.

Mila blinked, and turned around to scan the surrounding area. Where? Where did he go? Did I actually lose him? When exactly did he let go of my wrist? How irritating. She sighed, before turning back to Ajax.

"Just a moment, please. I seem to have lost Lin," Mila said, a little distractedly, as she scrolled through her tablet for the tracking app connected to the chip in Lin's collar. "This shouldn't take too long." I never thought I'd have to use this. What an embarrassment. Alright, the signal's coming from... behind that door? Did he Teleport through? What on earth?

Mila looked up at the door to the training area. "Ajax, Lin appears to have preemptively entered that area." A sudden commotion echoed from behind the entryway. "I'd like to find him as soon as possible, so shall we go in?"

((Wow, I wonder what Lin could be doing? :3d))
@Ayle

((Lolol))

Ajax broke into another smile as Mila looked around with bemusement written across her face. This would be interesting. He crossed his arms as he watched her frantically scrolling through the tablet, no doubt searching for the tracking app to locate the Kirlia. If Lin had been stolen, the tracker would've been the first thing that the thieves located and removed, quite easily. Ajax looked back up at her as she spoke again,

"Ajax, Lin appears to have preemptively entered that area. I'd like to find him as soon as possible, so shall we go in?" Indeed, there seemed to be shouts of alarm coming from the training room. This would be very interesting.

"We shall." He pushed through the door, walking into a large gymnasium-like space which was dotted with smaller versions of the main ring throughout. The area wasn't packed yet, but already a few dozen trainers were milling around or pitting their pokemon in mock fights. Ajax looked around to catch his bearings before spotting Lin running wild among some trainers, eliciting angry grumbles from them and hisses from the other pokemon. He made a b line for the Kirlia, making sure that Mila was close by him in the crowd.

"Hey Ajax, my man!" A voice made him turn, and he recognized it as an old friend. The slightly older man cast a sideways look at Mila through his heavy eyeliner before scoffing, "There's a rogue Kirlia on the loose, if you've noticed; someone's already called the guards... Is she a new girlf-"

Ajax had already shoved the man aside, "You idiot, who called the damn guards? I can handle this." His voice took on a rougher accent, one he used when not around the higher class; but unfortunately he noticed that Mila was still right beside him. Running his hand through his hair with annoyance, he pushed through the thickening crowd until it opened up and he saw Lin right before him...

Along with a Bagon, its (somewhat drunken) trainer goading it on, "Haha, Wild Pokemon sighted! C'mon, Rex, show it what you got!" The other trainers cheered, and Ajax placed a hand on his pokeball, glancing at Mila.

Oh boy.
@Ayle

((Lolol))

Ajax broke into another smile as Mila looked around with bemusement written across her face. This would be interesting. He crossed his arms as he watched her frantically scrolling through the tablet, no doubt searching for the tracking app to locate the Kirlia. If Lin had been stolen, the tracker would've been the first thing that the thieves located and removed, quite easily. Ajax looked back up at her as she spoke again,

"Ajax, Lin appears to have preemptively entered that area. I'd like to find him as soon as possible, so shall we go in?" Indeed, there seemed to be shouts of alarm coming from the training room. This would be very interesting.

"We shall." He pushed through the door, walking into a large gymnasium-like space which was dotted with smaller versions of the main ring throughout. The area wasn't packed yet, but already a few dozen trainers were milling around or pitting their pokemon in mock fights. Ajax looked around to catch his bearings before spotting Lin running wild among some trainers, eliciting angry grumbles from them and hisses from the other pokemon. He made a b line for the Kirlia, making sure that Mila was close by him in the crowd.

"Hey Ajax, my man!" A voice made him turn, and he recognized it as an old friend. The slightly older man cast a sideways look at Mila through his heavy eyeliner before scoffing, "There's a rogue Kirlia on the loose, if you've noticed; someone's already called the guards... Is she a new girlf-"

Ajax had already shoved the man aside, "You idiot, who called the damn guards? I can handle this." His voice took on a rougher accent, one he used when not around the higher class; but unfortunately he noticed that Mila was still right beside him. Running his hand through his hair with annoyance, he pushed through the thickening crowd until it opened up and he saw Lin right before him...

Along with a Bagon, its (somewhat drunken) trainer goading it on, "Haha, Wild Pokemon sighted! C'mon, Rex, show it what you got!" The other trainers cheered, and Ajax placed a hand on his pokeball, glancing at Mila.

Oh boy.
pdPOUgg.png
@Skiatha

Mila huffed as she followed Ajax through the crowd of battlers. What a disorganised mess. Something to work on, certainly. A sudden flash of familiar green caught her eye, accompanied by more yells, but a sudden wall of bodies blocked her way forward as Ajax was stopped by a slightly older man. She came to a halt beside him, irritation clear in her furrowed brow. At least he appears sufficiently annoyed. What an interesting change of accent.

She ignored the other man's words, before finally losing patience as the crowd got thicker, and started actively pushing forward. She stumbled slightly when she abruptly came to an open space, fighting to regain her balance as she was jostled from behind. Mila hissed, straightening up, and scanning the area, eyes widening as she took in the scene before her.

"Lin!"

Mila snapped out the name without thinking, shock thrumming through her veins. The Kirlia was standing with his back to her, arms spread as he faced off against a blue dragon-like Pokemon. The other Pokemon's trainer stood on the opposite side of the open space, and Mila dimly registered that she had been pushed slightly away from the crowd as well.

"Oho? That your Pokemon, girlie?" The other trainer sneered, words slightly slurred. "You know the rules: trainers can't run from battles."

"That certainly works, seeing as I'm no trainer!" Mila snapped out her response, before directing her attention to Lin. "Lin! We're leaving, co-" She stopped short, as Lin finally noticed her presence and turned away from the stareoff he had been having to look at her.

He... he looks like a child. Mila swallowed, struggling to reconcile the usually expressionless Kirlia with the one in front of her, which was practically glowing with hope and excitement as he looked at her, almost pleadingly. He was shaking, Mila realised, hopping from foot to foot as he released a series of chirping noises, gesturing wildly at the other Pokemon.

Please. Please, I want to battle; can we battle together? The silent plea was obvious, clear as day, and it was coming from a Pokemon. Mila recoiled, thoughts whirling as she watched Lin's face fall at the rejection. Impossible. That's impossible; Pokemon can't think, they don't feel emotions, they aren't supposed to want!

"Rex, Headbutt!"

"Lin, watch out!" His head snapped back around, just in time for him to be bowled over by the other Pokemon's attack and be sent flying, skidding to a stop a few steps from Mila.

"L-Lin!" Mila reached for him, ignoring the jeers of the opposing trainer and the spectators as the Kirlia pushed himself to his feet, determination written into every line of his bearing. His eyes were glowing, totally focussed on his opponent, as he shrugged off Mila's attempts to pull him back. Impossible, impossible, impossible...

She shoved the litany of useless thoughts aside, pulling on a mask of confidence as she stood back up and tried to regain her bearings in an environment where she was, completely and utterly, out of her depth. Damn it, what should I do?
@Skiatha

Mila huffed as she followed Ajax through the crowd of battlers. What a disorganised mess. Something to work on, certainly. A sudden flash of familiar green caught her eye, accompanied by more yells, but a sudden wall of bodies blocked her way forward as Ajax was stopped by a slightly older man. She came to a halt beside him, irritation clear in her furrowed brow. At least he appears sufficiently annoyed. What an interesting change of accent.

She ignored the other man's words, before finally losing patience as the crowd got thicker, and started actively pushing forward. She stumbled slightly when she abruptly came to an open space, fighting to regain her balance as she was jostled from behind. Mila hissed, straightening up, and scanning the area, eyes widening as she took in the scene before her.

"Lin!"

Mila snapped out the name without thinking, shock thrumming through her veins. The Kirlia was standing with his back to her, arms spread as he faced off against a blue dragon-like Pokemon. The other Pokemon's trainer stood on the opposite side of the open space, and Mila dimly registered that she had been pushed slightly away from the crowd as well.

"Oho? That your Pokemon, girlie?" The other trainer sneered, words slightly slurred. "You know the rules: trainers can't run from battles."

"That certainly works, seeing as I'm no trainer!" Mila snapped out her response, before directing her attention to Lin. "Lin! We're leaving, co-" She stopped short, as Lin finally noticed her presence and turned away from the stareoff he had been having to look at her.

He... he looks like a child. Mila swallowed, struggling to reconcile the usually expressionless Kirlia with the one in front of her, which was practically glowing with hope and excitement as he looked at her, almost pleadingly. He was shaking, Mila realised, hopping from foot to foot as he released a series of chirping noises, gesturing wildly at the other Pokemon.

Please. Please, I want to battle; can we battle together? The silent plea was obvious, clear as day, and it was coming from a Pokemon. Mila recoiled, thoughts whirling as she watched Lin's face fall at the rejection. Impossible. That's impossible; Pokemon can't think, they don't feel emotions, they aren't supposed to want!

"Rex, Headbutt!"

"Lin, watch out!" His head snapped back around, just in time for him to be bowled over by the other Pokemon's attack and be sent flying, skidding to a stop a few steps from Mila.

"L-Lin!" Mila reached for him, ignoring the jeers of the opposing trainer and the spectators as the Kirlia pushed himself to his feet, determination written into every line of his bearing. His eyes were glowing, totally focussed on his opponent, as he shrugged off Mila's attempts to pull him back. Impossible, impossible, impossible...

She shoved the litany of useless thoughts aside, pulling on a mask of confidence as she stood back up and tried to regain her bearings in an environment where she was, completely and utterly, out of her depth. Damn it, what should I do?
@Ayle

Ajax couldn't just stand and watch any longer. One look at Mila's helpless expression told him that the situation had already gotten out of hand. He let Nem's pokeball fly, the Quilava landing in front of Lin and bristling in flames. The crowd murmured, partially with confusion, partially with realization as Caesar's son stepped forward. The Bagon's owner, however, didn't seem to register and called out,

"Hey punk, get outta my way! I'm trying to battle here-"

"Is that what you want, huh, a battle? I'll give you one, then," Ajax growled as he snapped his fingers, and Nem bounded forward at the surprised Bagon. Metal sprouted from her paws as she slashed them upwards, sending a spray of crimson up into the air and one of the Bagon's arms flying clean off to the side. Rex shrieked, the sound causing the spectators to step back, and fell to its side as blood welled up from where its limb once was.

As the crowd once again began to murmur, more in fear now, Nem had sat down and begun to groom herself, licking the stains from her claws before retracting them calmly. Ajax blinked, feeling his anger ebb away as he looked at the Bagon's trainer stand there dumbfoundedly watching his pokemon wailing and bleeding out on the floor.

"You- you killed my Rex!" the man sobbed, still not making a move towards his pokemon, as if it were already dead, "I'm reporting this-- guards!"

He turned just as the guards shoved their way through the crowd, followed by a rather irritated Feraligatr with a bionic eye. Unruffled, Ajax took a step back, returning Nem and calmly saying with scorn in his tone,

"You know the rules: As stated in this arena's Battle Regulations, by entering the training area or a battle both trainers have mutually agreed to accept any responsibility for any injury they or their pokemon may sustain," he straightened his jacket and put a hand on Mila, silently directing her towards the door, "If you have any complaints you are more than welcome to file them to the management, if you're even sober enough to find your way there."

His final comment gained a few snickers from the onlookers, who now made a path for him and Mila as they exited. Before they reached the door, however, one guard barred his way,

"Excuse me, Mr. Lu, but we will have to report this incidence to your father. Do you have any additional details you wish to include?" Ajax stopped, turning to face the guard,

"Hmm yeah, I do, actually. Why don't you tell the old man to get off my *ss and let me handle things on my own?" He pushed through the door, letting Mila through, and slammed it closed.

Once outside, Ajax sighed and leaned against the wall. Well that went splendidly... He cast a look at Mila,

"Next time control your pokemon, or he needs to be taught some discipline. Does he need any healing?"

((tbh i just realized how familiar the Bagon's situation sounded like to Lily's...ripieces arms))
@Ayle

Ajax couldn't just stand and watch any longer. One look at Mila's helpless expression told him that the situation had already gotten out of hand. He let Nem's pokeball fly, the Quilava landing in front of Lin and bristling in flames. The crowd murmured, partially with confusion, partially with realization as Caesar's son stepped forward. The Bagon's owner, however, didn't seem to register and called out,

"Hey punk, get outta my way! I'm trying to battle here-"

"Is that what you want, huh, a battle? I'll give you one, then," Ajax growled as he snapped his fingers, and Nem bounded forward at the surprised Bagon. Metal sprouted from her paws as she slashed them upwards, sending a spray of crimson up into the air and one of the Bagon's arms flying clean off to the side. Rex shrieked, the sound causing the spectators to step back, and fell to its side as blood welled up from where its limb once was.

As the crowd once again began to murmur, more in fear now, Nem had sat down and begun to groom herself, licking the stains from her claws before retracting them calmly. Ajax blinked, feeling his anger ebb away as he looked at the Bagon's trainer stand there dumbfoundedly watching his pokemon wailing and bleeding out on the floor.

"You- you killed my Rex!" the man sobbed, still not making a move towards his pokemon, as if it were already dead, "I'm reporting this-- guards!"

He turned just as the guards shoved their way through the crowd, followed by a rather irritated Feraligatr with a bionic eye. Unruffled, Ajax took a step back, returning Nem and calmly saying with scorn in his tone,

"You know the rules: As stated in this arena's Battle Regulations, by entering the training area or a battle both trainers have mutually agreed to accept any responsibility for any injury they or their pokemon may sustain," he straightened his jacket and put a hand on Mila, silently directing her towards the door, "If you have any complaints you are more than welcome to file them to the management, if you're even sober enough to find your way there."

His final comment gained a few snickers from the onlookers, who now made a path for him and Mila as they exited. Before they reached the door, however, one guard barred his way,

"Excuse me, Mr. Lu, but we will have to report this incidence to your father. Do you have any additional details you wish to include?" Ajax stopped, turning to face the guard,

"Hmm yeah, I do, actually. Why don't you tell the old man to get off my *ss and let me handle things on my own?" He pushed through the door, letting Mila through, and slammed it closed.

Once outside, Ajax sighed and leaned against the wall. Well that went splendidly... He cast a look at Mila,

"Next time control your pokemon, or he needs to be taught some discipline. Does he need any healing?"

((tbh i just realized how familiar the Bagon's situation sounded like to Lily's...ripieces arms))
pdPOUgg.png
@Skiatha

Both Mila and Lin flinched back as blood splattered to the floor, allowing Mila to grab hold of Lin's arm to pull him away with her. The initial resistance put up by the Kirlia quickly faded when the guards arrived, the fight draining out of him under the glare of the huge Feraligatr.

Mila briefly registered Ajax's hand on her shoulder, but decided against her first instinct to push away until they reached the entrance. She shot Ajax an incredulous glance at the hostility in his response to the guard, before they finally exited the training area.

"Next time control your Pokémon, or he needs to be taught some discipline. Does he need any healing?"

Next time? Mila glanced down at Lin, whose expression had turned sullen and withdrawn. She bit back the sarcastic reply that bubbled up, choosing instead to reply, "Yes, My apologies for the trouble, I'll be sure to take steps to ensure this doesn't happen again." Her grip on Lin's arm tightened slightly, drawing the attention of the Kirlia. Mila looked down, meeting his eyes with a considering look, before continuing, "He seems fine, although I thank you for your offer. Your timely action against that other Pokémon helped protect him from taking any significant damage."

Mila took a shaky breath, trying to calm her residual nerves. Lin looked on, with his usual blank expression. Carefully blank, Mila thought, before the absurdity of this line of thinking struck her. She shook her head slightly, sending her braid swishing lightly, before she looked back at Ajax.

"Right, then. Shall we continue, or would you prefer to call it a day? You seem you might have some... matters to discuss with your father? If it is the latter, there are some questions which I would like to raise, if you have the time."

((Haha, yeah. What is it with arms and spontaneous detachment?))
@Skiatha

Both Mila and Lin flinched back as blood splattered to the floor, allowing Mila to grab hold of Lin's arm to pull him away with her. The initial resistance put up by the Kirlia quickly faded when the guards arrived, the fight draining out of him under the glare of the huge Feraligatr.

Mila briefly registered Ajax's hand on her shoulder, but decided against her first instinct to push away until they reached the entrance. She shot Ajax an incredulous glance at the hostility in his response to the guard, before they finally exited the training area.

"Next time control your Pokémon, or he needs to be taught some discipline. Does he need any healing?"

Next time? Mila glanced down at Lin, whose expression had turned sullen and withdrawn. She bit back the sarcastic reply that bubbled up, choosing instead to reply, "Yes, My apologies for the trouble, I'll be sure to take steps to ensure this doesn't happen again." Her grip on Lin's arm tightened slightly, drawing the attention of the Kirlia. Mila looked down, meeting his eyes with a considering look, before continuing, "He seems fine, although I thank you for your offer. Your timely action against that other Pokémon helped protect him from taking any significant damage."

Mila took a shaky breath, trying to calm her residual nerves. Lin looked on, with his usual blank expression. Carefully blank, Mila thought, before the absurdity of this line of thinking struck her. She shook her head slightly, sending her braid swishing lightly, before she looked back at Ajax.

"Right, then. Shall we continue, or would you prefer to call it a day? You seem you might have some... matters to discuss with your father? If it is the latter, there are some questions which I would like to raise, if you have the time."

((Haha, yeah. What is it with arms and spontaneous detachment?))
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 38