Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | DYSTÖPE | a private pokemon rp
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 38
@Ayle

((pFFT testosterone fest you're killing me))

Ajax allowed a smirk to cross his lips as he saw the woman avert her face, avoiding to mention him in the small talk she made with his father. They were all the same, these pampered Rich, only flaunting and superficial. He was rather glad to be left alone, as they exited the elevator and arrived in the spacious conference room. He was about to walk to the window when he felt Mila's attention turn towards him once again,

"I wasn't aware that your son would be involved in today's proceedings, Mr Lu."

Again, avoiding direct contact. As if she was afraid, but he knew better from the woman's calculating look.

"It was a last minute decision, I'm afraid. Ajax has some matters to discuss with your father," Caesar replied. Ajax felt a hand fall on his shoulder, tense and heavy, almost threatening: Don't f*uck it up, boy. At least, this was his father's message according to how Ajax interpreted it, as he shot a venomous look at the older man before turning his eyes with an nearly equally intense gaze at Mila when she responded. He saw as her grey eyes grazed past him again, judging and elusive. If that pokemon was so precious, then don't take it somewhere where it can get killed for the pleasure of a crowd.But now wasn't the time to talk. Not yet.

As Caesar and Mila moved on to other topics, Ajax noticed that the Kirlia by Mila's side, though his posture was placid, was watching him closely. He tilted his head at the small pokemon, who quickly glanced away when he realized that he had been noticed; but when Ajax subtly moved his hand and uncovered the holster in which Nem's pokeball sat, the Kirlia's interest redoubled in intensity. Ajax gave a small smile, which didn't entirely erase as with great flare the CEO himself entered the room. Pompous d*ck.

"Caesar! My apologies, today has simply been packed!" He saw the bulk of the man's face turn into a frown when his eyes landed on Ajax's smile. There seemed to be a hint of disappointment reflected in Mancini's expression, with an affected air of a father to a very small child, "I was informed by the staff that you had brought your son, what was the reason for this?"

Caesar had folded his hands before him and given a formal bow to the greeting, before motioning to Ajax,

"That is no problem at all, Mr. Mancini. From the event and our following discussion last night, I thought it suitable for my son to accompany me to personally give you his most sincere apology for his rash actions before we begin our conference." Now this was the part where he was expected to fall to his knees and beg for forgiveness, or whatever crap. Ajax felt all eyes on him, with Mancini's boring an especially deep hole into his skull. Let the show begin.

"Mr. Mancini," Ajax began, his acting kicking in full force as he gave a pleasant smile and slight bow, "It is with a sincere heart that I give you my deepest apologies for what occurred last night. What I had done was terribly inappropriate and disrespectful to your most honorable personage." The words rolled silkily off his tongue, and they tasted disgusting. He could see Mancini's bulging lips curled, face turning a darker shade of red. Good.

"I assure you, sir, that what I so heartlessly inflicted upon you will not be done again. And, to insure my promise, my father has agreed to partition a fourth of the sub-district's emoluments to your-"

"But those details shall be disclosed in private, of course," Caesar cut in hastily but politely, voice a hint strained; however, he knew that he had completely flustered his father, as Ajax was quickly ushered out of the room, along with the other woman, into an adjacent smaller room before he even had time to celebrate his small victory.

As the door shut closed behind them and the thundering voice of Mancini began blasting in full volume next door, Ajax coolly took a seat at one of the rolling chairs. After a moment of silence, at least between the two of them, he slowly spun on the chair to face her, golden eyes even with hers,

"Well, I'm sure our fathers will be at it for quite some time now. So how did you get into the business?" A rhetorical question, meant to mock more than anything else, but he wanted to gauge her reaction.
@Ayle

((pFFT testosterone fest you're killing me))

Ajax allowed a smirk to cross his lips as he saw the woman avert her face, avoiding to mention him in the small talk she made with his father. They were all the same, these pampered Rich, only flaunting and superficial. He was rather glad to be left alone, as they exited the elevator and arrived in the spacious conference room. He was about to walk to the window when he felt Mila's attention turn towards him once again,

"I wasn't aware that your son would be involved in today's proceedings, Mr Lu."

Again, avoiding direct contact. As if she was afraid, but he knew better from the woman's calculating look.

"It was a last minute decision, I'm afraid. Ajax has some matters to discuss with your father," Caesar replied. Ajax felt a hand fall on his shoulder, tense and heavy, almost threatening: Don't f*uck it up, boy. At least, this was his father's message according to how Ajax interpreted it, as he shot a venomous look at the older man before turning his eyes with an nearly equally intense gaze at Mila when she responded. He saw as her grey eyes grazed past him again, judging and elusive. If that pokemon was so precious, then don't take it somewhere where it can get killed for the pleasure of a crowd.But now wasn't the time to talk. Not yet.

As Caesar and Mila moved on to other topics, Ajax noticed that the Kirlia by Mila's side, though his posture was placid, was watching him closely. He tilted his head at the small pokemon, who quickly glanced away when he realized that he had been noticed; but when Ajax subtly moved his hand and uncovered the holster in which Nem's pokeball sat, the Kirlia's interest redoubled in intensity. Ajax gave a small smile, which didn't entirely erase as with great flare the CEO himself entered the room. Pompous d*ck.

"Caesar! My apologies, today has simply been packed!" He saw the bulk of the man's face turn into a frown when his eyes landed on Ajax's smile. There seemed to be a hint of disappointment reflected in Mancini's expression, with an affected air of a father to a very small child, "I was informed by the staff that you had brought your son, what was the reason for this?"

Caesar had folded his hands before him and given a formal bow to the greeting, before motioning to Ajax,

"That is no problem at all, Mr. Mancini. From the event and our following discussion last night, I thought it suitable for my son to accompany me to personally give you his most sincere apology for his rash actions before we begin our conference." Now this was the part where he was expected to fall to his knees and beg for forgiveness, or whatever crap. Ajax felt all eyes on him, with Mancini's boring an especially deep hole into his skull. Let the show begin.

"Mr. Mancini," Ajax began, his acting kicking in full force as he gave a pleasant smile and slight bow, "It is with a sincere heart that I give you my deepest apologies for what occurred last night. What I had done was terribly inappropriate and disrespectful to your most honorable personage." The words rolled silkily off his tongue, and they tasted disgusting. He could see Mancini's bulging lips curled, face turning a darker shade of red. Good.

"I assure you, sir, that what I so heartlessly inflicted upon you will not be done again. And, to insure my promise, my father has agreed to partition a fourth of the sub-district's emoluments to your-"

"But those details shall be disclosed in private, of course," Caesar cut in hastily but politely, voice a hint strained; however, he knew that he had completely flustered his father, as Ajax was quickly ushered out of the room, along with the other woman, into an adjacent smaller room before he even had time to celebrate his small victory.

As the door shut closed behind them and the thundering voice of Mancini began blasting in full volume next door, Ajax coolly took a seat at one of the rolling chairs. After a moment of silence, at least between the two of them, he slowly spun on the chair to face her, golden eyes even with hers,

"Well, I'm sure our fathers will be at it for quite some time now. So how did you get into the business?" A rhetorical question, meant to mock more than anything else, but he wanted to gauge her reaction.
pdPOUgg.png
@Skiatha
((Please, Ajax's little speech and Caesar's reaction were so gold, oh my god.))

Mila smothered an internal giggle at the frankly overblown 'apology' rolling from Ajax's mouth. This is possibly one of the best things I've seen this month, and Father's eating it up. Perhaps that boy does have some modicum of wit about him.

"But those details shall be disclosed in private, of course." Mila blinked, and looked up at her father in silent inquiry. The man was obscenely flushed from the 'victory', and seemed more than willing to provide Caesar with the privacy he so seemed to want. Fine. I'd like some time to speak with Ajax, regardless. She stood, saying, "Understood. Ajax, would you follow me? There is an adjacent room which we could relocate to for the time being."

Once everyone had been ushered into the room, Mila shut the door to the room and sat down, hearing Ajax settle into a chair behind her. She spent some time scrolling through her tablet to summon servants with refreshments, using the silence to reorganise her impressions of the boy who sat a few meters away. He is smarter than he looks, and he has obvious battle skills. It would be helpful to establish good relations with him. The sound of Ajax's chair spinning around prompted her to look up, meeting his gaze coolly when she found it settled on her.

"Well, I'm sure our fathers will be at it for quite some time now. So how did you get into the business?"

Mila inclined her head at the sudden question. It didn't strike her as a simple request for information, meaning that it was likely a jab to test the waters. Fascinating. He might actually be interesting to work with. She smiled in response, and waved a hand to gesture at the room. "I was born into it, of course. In much the same way you were, I believe."

A knock on the door alerted her to the arrival of their refreshments, the servant hurrying quickly in with a tray laden with fruit and a pitcher of Magost juice, which was placed on a side table before she hurried back out. Mila stood to move towards the tray, arranging a selection of fruit on a ceramic plate. "I must compliment you on that rather masterful performance. Father was very pleased, and certainly did not notice any falsity, despite the dramatics. It would have been a work of perfection if you had attempted looking like you had put some effort into your outfit, but it was impressive nonetheless." She tilted her head back to look at Ajax, her smile a turning a touch more genuine as she held up a sparkling glass. "Would you like some juice?"
@Skiatha
((Please, Ajax's little speech and Caesar's reaction were so gold, oh my god.))

Mila smothered an internal giggle at the frankly overblown 'apology' rolling from Ajax's mouth. This is possibly one of the best things I've seen this month, and Father's eating it up. Perhaps that boy does have some modicum of wit about him.

"But those details shall be disclosed in private, of course." Mila blinked, and looked up at her father in silent inquiry. The man was obscenely flushed from the 'victory', and seemed more than willing to provide Caesar with the privacy he so seemed to want. Fine. I'd like some time to speak with Ajax, regardless. She stood, saying, "Understood. Ajax, would you follow me? There is an adjacent room which we could relocate to for the time being."

Once everyone had been ushered into the room, Mila shut the door to the room and sat down, hearing Ajax settle into a chair behind her. She spent some time scrolling through her tablet to summon servants with refreshments, using the silence to reorganise her impressions of the boy who sat a few meters away. He is smarter than he looks, and he has obvious battle skills. It would be helpful to establish good relations with him. The sound of Ajax's chair spinning around prompted her to look up, meeting his gaze coolly when she found it settled on her.

"Well, I'm sure our fathers will be at it for quite some time now. So how did you get into the business?"

Mila inclined her head at the sudden question. It didn't strike her as a simple request for information, meaning that it was likely a jab to test the waters. Fascinating. He might actually be interesting to work with. She smiled in response, and waved a hand to gesture at the room. "I was born into it, of course. In much the same way you were, I believe."

A knock on the door alerted her to the arrival of their refreshments, the servant hurrying quickly in with a tray laden with fruit and a pitcher of Magost juice, which was placed on a side table before she hurried back out. Mila stood to move towards the tray, arranging a selection of fruit on a ceramic plate. "I must compliment you on that rather masterful performance. Father was very pleased, and certainly did not notice any falsity, despite the dramatics. It would have been a work of perfection if you had attempted looking like you had put some effort into your outfit, but it was impressive nonetheless." She tilted her head back to look at Ajax, her smile a turning a touch more genuine as she held up a sparkling glass. "Would you like some juice?"
@Ayle

(( huehue ))

Ajax chuckled at the praise and reprimanding that followed, as if she were his mother (who, for the past ten or so years of his life, had been absent from the family entirely), before responding,

"I do like to put up a good show, barring my faux pas," he sighed and looked at his jacket, though showed no hint of regret in his expression. Ajax looked up at the offered glass, taking it with a brief, "Yes, thank you."

He sat back and took a sip of the sweet liquid, studying the woman beside him over the rim of the cup. She did not seem like her father, at least in disposition, but he should be careful of her nonetheless. Who knew what the man had told her prior to the meeting; and why hadn't he sent a down servant instead to bring them up? Though obviously not as well versed in politics as many of those expected to succeed a business, Ajax knew when to be wary.

He tapped on the side of the glass thoughtfully, deciding to turn to another subject for the time being. Cocking his head in the direction of the Kirlia nearby, Ajax remarked,

"Your pokemon is rather attentive, I have to say. I assume he's never seen a ring?" And neither had Mila, by the looks of it. Much of the rich rarely chose to show their faces in such "filthy places", preferring to merely dabble in with noses turned up in order to toss money in or take money out.
@Ayle

(( huehue ))

Ajax chuckled at the praise and reprimanding that followed, as if she were his mother (who, for the past ten or so years of his life, had been absent from the family entirely), before responding,

"I do like to put up a good show, barring my faux pas," he sighed and looked at his jacket, though showed no hint of regret in his expression. Ajax looked up at the offered glass, taking it with a brief, "Yes, thank you."

He sat back and took a sip of the sweet liquid, studying the woman beside him over the rim of the cup. She did not seem like her father, at least in disposition, but he should be careful of her nonetheless. Who knew what the man had told her prior to the meeting; and why hadn't he sent a down servant instead to bring them up? Though obviously not as well versed in politics as many of those expected to succeed a business, Ajax knew when to be wary.

He tapped on the side of the glass thoughtfully, deciding to turn to another subject for the time being. Cocking his head in the direction of the Kirlia nearby, Ajax remarked,

"Your pokemon is rather attentive, I have to say. I assume he's never seen a ring?" And neither had Mila, by the looks of it. Much of the rich rarely chose to show their faces in such "filthy places", preferring to merely dabble in with noses turned up in order to toss money in or take money out.
pdPOUgg.png
@Skiatha

"Oh, Lin?" Mila looked at the Kirlia, who seemed to have taken up studying the reflections on the glass table. "I suppose so. Psychic types are supposed to be marginally more intelligent, are they not? It wouldn't be appropriate for me to go around with a substandard pet."

She took her seat again. "To answer your question: no, neither he nor I have ever been to a ring. Our experience is limited to watching test battles in controlled environments, but even I know that such affairs are vastly different from that of a ring battle." Mila tapped at the table. "It's a lack which needs to be attended to, especially if my suspicions about Father's plans about my role in ths prove true." She looked up to meet Ajax's gaze. "Would you be willing to show me around?"
@Skiatha

"Oh, Lin?" Mila looked at the Kirlia, who seemed to have taken up studying the reflections on the glass table. "I suppose so. Psychic types are supposed to be marginally more intelligent, are they not? It wouldn't be appropriate for me to go around with a substandard pet."

She took her seat again. "To answer your question: no, neither he nor I have ever been to a ring. Our experience is limited to watching test battles in controlled environments, but even I know that such affairs are vastly different from that of a ring battle." Mila tapped at the table. "It's a lack which needs to be attended to, especially if my suspicions about Father's plans about my role in ths prove true." She looked up to meet Ajax's gaze. "Would you be willing to show me around?"
@Ayle

Ajax hid his distaste as he heard the word "pet". Of course that was all they were to the upper class; merely glorified animals that were never meant to see blood or get their pretty bejeweled claws dirty. He dismissed the thought and took another swallow of juice, watching the pink-tinted liquid swirl within the glass as he listened to Mila.

"Ah, the world within the ring is completely different from whatever trivial scuffle you've seen at a test," he placed the cup down, a challenge hidden in his tone and eyes, "It's certainly not one where such a civilized young woman like you should 'attend to'. "
@Ayle

Ajax hid his distaste as he heard the word "pet". Of course that was all they were to the upper class; merely glorified animals that were never meant to see blood or get their pretty bejeweled claws dirty. He dismissed the thought and took another swallow of juice, watching the pink-tinted liquid swirl within the glass as he listened to Mila.

"Ah, the world within the ring is completely different from whatever trivial scuffle you've seen at a test," he placed the cup down, a challenge hidden in his tone and eyes, "It's certainly not one where such a civilized young woman like you should 'attend to'. "
pdPOUgg.png
@ayle

((woops, didn't see your edit. xD Gonna change up my post in a sec...or should we go with my post? Up to you haha))
@ayle

((woops, didn't see your edit. xD Gonna change up my post in a sec...or should we go with my post? Up to you haha))
pdPOUgg.png
@Skiatha
((No no, it's fine! I can definitely work with that, give me a second.))
@Skiatha
((No no, it's fine! I can definitely work with that, give me a second.))
@Skiatha

The challenge evident in Ajax's reply drew a grin to Mila's face. "Oh, perhaps not," she allowed, leaning back into her chair. "But I've learnt to see the value of being hands on, especially in an environment where most prefer to stay as far removed from the 'dirty work' as possible." Mila sipped at her juice, eyes never leaving Ajax's face. "Why did you think I chose to meet you at the entrance, instead of sending a servant?"

And for an environment as foreign as a Ring and Pokemon battles, how will I learn enough to manage it if I stay away and hidden, like a drifting Ghost? Mila glanced at Lin, who was still staring at the table, eyes hooded. He was picking at his bracelets, an odd tic Mila had thought he'd grown out of. She ignored it in favour of looking back at Ajax, smiling. "My question holds. Would you be willing to show me around, when the time comes? Rest assured, guide or no guide, I will likely still be paying you a visit. I ask simply because you are more likely than most to have experience, in both the ring and the stands."
@Skiatha

The challenge evident in Ajax's reply drew a grin to Mila's face. "Oh, perhaps not," she allowed, leaning back into her chair. "But I've learnt to see the value of being hands on, especially in an environment where most prefer to stay as far removed from the 'dirty work' as possible." Mila sipped at her juice, eyes never leaving Ajax's face. "Why did you think I chose to meet you at the entrance, instead of sending a servant?"

And for an environment as foreign as a Ring and Pokemon battles, how will I learn enough to manage it if I stay away and hidden, like a drifting Ghost? Mila glanced at Lin, who was still staring at the table, eyes hooded. He was picking at his bracelets, an odd tic Mila had thought he'd grown out of. She ignored it in favour of looking back at Ajax, smiling. "My question holds. Would you be willing to show me around, when the time comes? Rest assured, guide or no guide, I will likely still be paying you a visit. I ask simply because you are more likely than most to have experience, in both the ring and the stands."
@ayle

So she says she chose to meet them...The thought passed as Mila continued,

"My question holds. Would you be willing to show me around, when the time comes? Rest assured, guide or no guide, I will likely still be paying you a visit. I ask simply because you are more likely than most to have experience, in both the ring and the stands."

He decided to let her question hang in their air for a beat more, crossing his arms. Then, Ajax smiled, a hint of genuinity showing through,

"Very well then. But mind you, I don't want anyone thinking that I am your personal body guard or anything of that sort. I will only escort you, nothing more. Any injuries sustained or," he glanced at Lin, "...personal belongings stolen during your stay are your own liability."

The man leaned towards Mila, one arm folded in while holding out his other hand to her in an almost satirical fashion to his father, "Do we have a contract, Ms. Mancini?"

((lol you can fast forward to when Mancini and Casesar are done conferencing if you wanna now ;P ))
@ayle

So she says she chose to meet them...The thought passed as Mila continued,

"My question holds. Would you be willing to show me around, when the time comes? Rest assured, guide or no guide, I will likely still be paying you a visit. I ask simply because you are more likely than most to have experience, in both the ring and the stands."

He decided to let her question hang in their air for a beat more, crossing his arms. Then, Ajax smiled, a hint of genuinity showing through,

"Very well then. But mind you, I don't want anyone thinking that I am your personal body guard or anything of that sort. I will only escort you, nothing more. Any injuries sustained or," he glanced at Lin, "...personal belongings stolen during your stay are your own liability."

The man leaned towards Mila, one arm folded in while holding out his other hand to her in an almost satirical fashion to his father, "Do we have a contract, Ms. Mancini?"

((lol you can fast forward to when Mancini and Casesar are done conferencing if you wanna now ;P ))
pdPOUgg.png
@Skiatha

"A pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Lu." Mila reached out to shake his hand, grin going a little lopsided as she did so. He certainly seems to have an affinity towards the dramatic. This might actually be an interesting venture.

The conversation turned to more trivial matters after that, eventually falling into silence, which was eventually broken by a quiet knock on the door.

"Miss? Sir is requesting that you and the young master rejoin him and Mr Lu in the conference room; he wishes to inform you of the key points which have been discussed."

Mila nodded and stood smoothly, moving out the door which the serving girl held open. She glanced to the side to confirm that Ajax had followed, before she knocked on and opened the door to the main room.

"Father? You called?"

"Mila! Come in, come in. And young Ajax too, of course." Antonio's grin became a slight sneer at the sight of Ajax. "Caesar and I have made great strides towards our new partnership, the pertinent details of which I will inform you of later, so you can be prepared for your new duties."

"New duties, father?" As I suspected. He's always so easy to read.

"It has been decided that an official liaison between our two organizations is required, in the interest of better... relations. Given that you are In line to follow in my footsteps, and have the experience and time to commit to this venture, I have appointed you to this role. Caesar has already agreed. I trust you won't disappoint."

And, as expected, I have no way out. Mila smiled, hands clenching into fists behind her back. "Of course not, Father."

"Good." Antonio nodded approvingly, before turning to Ajax. "Well, Ajax. If we ever meet again in the ring, I won't go easy on you next time! Caesar, it has been fantastic meeting with you." He reached out to ruffle Ajax's hair, before apparently thinking better of it and instead strolling out of the room. "Mila, contact the servants to show them out, and then come meet me in my study."

"Understood." Mila waited until her father had disappeared from sight, before turning to Caesar and Ajax. "Just a moment, please. As per my new duties with regards to your ring, I would like to set up a short visit, sometime during the next few days, such that I may gain a better understanding of the processes and protocols in use in such a place. Would that be amenable to you both?"

"Of course. That sounds perfectly reasonable," Caesar rumbled in response. "Perhaps you might attempt liaising with Ajax, to confirm the time and date."

"A brilliant idea." Her gaze slid to focus on Ajax, before she continued. "Ajax, does that sound okay to you as well? We ought to change contact information, if so." Please just agree so we can get this over with.

((After this, Mila will just contact the servants and leave once they arrive, so we can fast forward through that as well if you want to!))
@Skiatha

"A pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Lu." Mila reached out to shake his hand, grin going a little lopsided as she did so. He certainly seems to have an affinity towards the dramatic. This might actually be an interesting venture.

The conversation turned to more trivial matters after that, eventually falling into silence, which was eventually broken by a quiet knock on the door.

"Miss? Sir is requesting that you and the young master rejoin him and Mr Lu in the conference room; he wishes to inform you of the key points which have been discussed."

Mila nodded and stood smoothly, moving out the door which the serving girl held open. She glanced to the side to confirm that Ajax had followed, before she knocked on and opened the door to the main room.

"Father? You called?"

"Mila! Come in, come in. And young Ajax too, of course." Antonio's grin became a slight sneer at the sight of Ajax. "Caesar and I have made great strides towards our new partnership, the pertinent details of which I will inform you of later, so you can be prepared for your new duties."

"New duties, father?" As I suspected. He's always so easy to read.

"It has been decided that an official liaison between our two organizations is required, in the interest of better... relations. Given that you are In line to follow in my footsteps, and have the experience and time to commit to this venture, I have appointed you to this role. Caesar has already agreed. I trust you won't disappoint."

And, as expected, I have no way out. Mila smiled, hands clenching into fists behind her back. "Of course not, Father."

"Good." Antonio nodded approvingly, before turning to Ajax. "Well, Ajax. If we ever meet again in the ring, I won't go easy on you next time! Caesar, it has been fantastic meeting with you." He reached out to ruffle Ajax's hair, before apparently thinking better of it and instead strolling out of the room. "Mila, contact the servants to show them out, and then come meet me in my study."

"Understood." Mila waited until her father had disappeared from sight, before turning to Caesar and Ajax. "Just a moment, please. As per my new duties with regards to your ring, I would like to set up a short visit, sometime during the next few days, such that I may gain a better understanding of the processes and protocols in use in such a place. Would that be amenable to you both?"

"Of course. That sounds perfectly reasonable," Caesar rumbled in response. "Perhaps you might attempt liaising with Ajax, to confirm the time and date."

"A brilliant idea." Her gaze slid to focus on Ajax, before she continued. "Ajax, does that sound okay to you as well? We ought to change contact information, if so." Please just agree so we can get this over with.

((After this, Mila will just contact the servants and leave once they arrive, so we can fast forward through that as well if you want to!))
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 38