Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 God gatherers w/ zezmeril
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(Ok, I'm back. sorry about that! :3)

"I really wish that we could have gotten more time out of our day. It would be nice to at least have made it to the edge of the Ashfall waste, I mean, we've barely made it to the center of the scorched forest. If it weren't for me, then this wouldn't have happened." Twilight growled, digging her claws into the slightly charred ground. "I mean, truthfully. We need to get this done! I mean, we may not have an actual deadline, but I cannot help wanting to get his done as soon as possible. You can understand that, right?"

"Twilight, Go to sleep. Stop thinking about these things. Don't worry. I promise we'll make it to the Icewarden very soon." Teutorix crooned gently.

"Don't talk to me like I'm a hatchling Teutorix. Please." She muttered, laying her head down and closing her eyes.
(Ok, I'm back. sorry about that! :3)

"I really wish that we could have gotten more time out of our day. It would be nice to at least have made it to the edge of the Ashfall waste, I mean, we've barely made it to the center of the scorched forest. If it weren't for me, then this wouldn't have happened." Twilight growled, digging her claws into the slightly charred ground. "I mean, truthfully. We need to get this done! I mean, we may not have an actual deadline, but I cannot help wanting to get his done as soon as possible. You can understand that, right?"

"Twilight, Go to sleep. Stop thinking about these things. Don't worry. I promise we'll make it to the Icewarden very soon." Teutorix crooned gently.

"Don't talk to me like I'm a hatchling Teutorix. Please." She muttered, laying her head down and closing her eyes.
4X87HDW.png
Totally Interesting bio
"You should really get some sleep Vin. Tomorrow's bound to be tougher than today given that we're approaching the seas," Kaden said once he had finished his food, "We're going to need all the strength and stamina we can get if we're to make it across safely."

"I know. You should do so as well. I wouldn't bother staying up to keep watch though. Teutorix has his own to worry about," Vin said, giving a yawn, "Besides, he'd be trapping himself in here if he attacked us in the night since our familiars are at the entrance. I would think him being smart enough to realize that much, though I believe that wont be an issue. Don't bother arguing with me either. You said it yourself, we need every bit of stamina we can muster."

Giving a sigh, Kaden only placed a wing over Vin. Using his other wing, he smothered the fire before laying his head down. With Vin joining him, the two quietly drifted off to sleep.
"You should really get some sleep Vin. Tomorrow's bound to be tougher than today given that we're approaching the seas," Kaden said once he had finished his food, "We're going to need all the strength and stamina we can get if we're to make it across safely."

"I know. You should do so as well. I wouldn't bother staying up to keep watch though. Teutorix has his own to worry about," Vin said, giving a yawn, "Besides, he'd be trapping himself in here if he attacked us in the night since our familiars are at the entrance. I would think him being smart enough to realize that much, though I believe that wont be an issue. Don't bother arguing with me either. You said it yourself, we need every bit of stamina we can muster."

Giving a sigh, Kaden only placed a wing over Vin. Using his other wing, he smothered the fire before laying his head down. With Vin joining him, the two quietly drifted off to sleep.
sIVoBmo.png ihrGNmK.png2kEcc6D.png
(Sorry about the late response, Have a huge paper to write and a metric s*it ton of HW to do)

The next morning, Twilight was the first to wake. Standing and stretching, with a slight hiss of pain from the still-healing wounds, she lumbered up and out of the sheltered hollow that they were in.

She walked past the large golem with a nod and went a few feet away into the smoldering bushes, making sure to stay within view of the golem and the hollow in general. Sighing, she grabbed a smoking stick off of the ground and begins drawing up a map to use as a reference to herself.

"Making plans eh?"

Twilight jumped and spun around to face Teutorix.

"Indeed. I was planning a route, but then It occurred to me. We need a boat of some kind. Ya know, on account of The fact that I am not a strong flyer, and would probably last around 5 minutes in the air, and it takes much more time than that to make it across the ocean to get to the Southern Icefields." Twilight muttered.

"Hmm. Maybe Vin and Kaden could be of assistance. I wonder if they have awoken yet. Let's go and check up on them." He said, flicking his tail and turning away, going back to the hollow and entering with Twilight on his heels.
(Sorry about the late response, Have a huge paper to write and a metric s*it ton of HW to do)

The next morning, Twilight was the first to wake. Standing and stretching, with a slight hiss of pain from the still-healing wounds, she lumbered up and out of the sheltered hollow that they were in.

She walked past the large golem with a nod and went a few feet away into the smoldering bushes, making sure to stay within view of the golem and the hollow in general. Sighing, she grabbed a smoking stick off of the ground and begins drawing up a map to use as a reference to herself.

"Making plans eh?"

Twilight jumped and spun around to face Teutorix.

"Indeed. I was planning a route, but then It occurred to me. We need a boat of some kind. Ya know, on account of The fact that I am not a strong flyer, and would probably last around 5 minutes in the air, and it takes much more time than that to make it across the ocean to get to the Southern Icefields." Twilight muttered.

"Hmm. Maybe Vin and Kaden could be of assistance. I wonder if they have awoken yet. Let's go and check up on them." He said, flicking his tail and turning away, going back to the hollow and entering with Twilight on his heels.
4X87HDW.png
Totally Interesting bio
((It's fine, I've been there before. Maybe not the paper part, but the load of homework from teachers who have no concept of there being others giving out homework.))

Giving a grunt as he stirred, Vin carefully removed himself from Kaden's protective grasp. "As much as I appreciate it, we really need to talk about this sometime," he mumbled to himself, stretching out before relighting the camp fire to cook the remaining food from the night before, "Or at least get you to start waking up before me."

Spotting Teutorix and Twilight as they came back inside, he gave a wave with a wing while he turned the meat over. "I assume your injuries have recovered sufficiently seeing as you're up and about," he said, keeping his voice low so as to not disturb Kaden, "I prepared the leftover plants and insects for you two."
((It's fine, I've been there before. Maybe not the paper part, but the load of homework from teachers who have no concept of there being others giving out homework.))

Giving a grunt as he stirred, Vin carefully removed himself from Kaden's protective grasp. "As much as I appreciate it, we really need to talk about this sometime," he mumbled to himself, stretching out before relighting the camp fire to cook the remaining food from the night before, "Or at least get you to start waking up before me."

Spotting Teutorix and Twilight as they came back inside, he gave a wave with a wing while he turned the meat over. "I assume your injuries have recovered sufficiently seeing as you're up and about," he said, keeping his voice low so as to not disturb Kaden, "I prepared the leftover plants and insects for you two."
"Thank you" Both dragons said quietly in unison, grabbing a bowl and sharing the contents within.

Between mouthfuls of plants, twilight spoke keeping her voice to a whisper.
"So, we're getting close to the border between us and the Southern Icefields. Due to the fact that I cannot last long in the air, I believe that it would be much better to attempt to create a boat or a raft to get across. Whether it just be for me or be it for all of us."

teutorix nodded slowly.
"Indeed. There's no way that she can get across, oddly enough, she is not the best swimmer either. Unless you and Kaden are up to helping me carry her over, than we have no other choices. Well, unless you have any better ideas." He muttered.
"Thank you" Both dragons said quietly in unison, grabbing a bowl and sharing the contents within.

Between mouthfuls of plants, twilight spoke keeping her voice to a whisper.
"So, we're getting close to the border between us and the Southern Icefields. Due to the fact that I cannot last long in the air, I believe that it would be much better to attempt to create a boat or a raft to get across. Whether it just be for me or be it for all of us."

teutorix nodded slowly.
"Indeed. There's no way that she can get across, oddly enough, she is not the best swimmer either. Unless you and Kaden are up to helping me carry her over, than we have no other choices. Well, unless you have any better ideas." He muttered.
4X87HDW.png
Totally Interesting bio
"Well, as much as we would like to try to help carry you, we do not have the physical size needed to give proper lift for the trip. Building a raft would be a more efficient use of our energies. So long as we get proper materials, a raft isn't too far out of the question," Kaden said, pulling on his armor, "That, and a route by water should be a safer trip as well. The winds from the Twisting Crescendo, and the heat lava from Fire, will make air travel off the coast a bit troublesome."

"I can't say I know much about building a raft or boat, but I can at least help gather materials. My position back home doesn't afford me many opportunities to travel so skills such as building and construction haven't been something I've needed to learn. I work more with numbers and quality control," Vin said, using a claw to test the cooking meat, "I'm more likely to see and sort the materials than actually work with them."

"Yes, we should probably do something about that while we out traveling like this. Never hurts to learn something new every now and then," Kaden stated before moving to sit by the fire. "To my end, I hope to learn more about Bogsneaks in general. We have little to no understanding of them back home. We know no more than what Baldwin has made public," he said, looking to Twilight, "Well, that is if you're willing to teach us. You're welcome to refuse if you feel it's too personal."
"Well, as much as we would like to try to help carry you, we do not have the physical size needed to give proper lift for the trip. Building a raft would be a more efficient use of our energies. So long as we get proper materials, a raft isn't too far out of the question," Kaden said, pulling on his armor, "That, and a route by water should be a safer trip as well. The winds from the Twisting Crescendo, and the heat lava from Fire, will make air travel off the coast a bit troublesome."

"I can't say I know much about building a raft or boat, but I can at least help gather materials. My position back home doesn't afford me many opportunities to travel so skills such as building and construction haven't been something I've needed to learn. I work more with numbers and quality control," Vin said, using a claw to test the cooking meat, "I'm more likely to see and sort the materials than actually work with them."

"Yes, we should probably do something about that while we out traveling like this. Never hurts to learn something new every now and then," Kaden stated before moving to sit by the fire. "To my end, I hope to learn more about Bogsneaks in general. We have little to no understanding of them back home. We know no more than what Baldwin has made public," he said, looking to Twilight, "Well, that is if you're willing to teach us. You're welcome to refuse if you feel it's too personal."
"Ah, I wouldn't mind sharing knowledge on my species with you. knowledge is a very useful tool after all. Any knowledge given or received by either party is beneficial to all. Now, On he topic of a boat. I can mostly handle the actual creation of the boat, but you two can go with teutorix to find materials." Twilight said.

"Yeah. True. We'd need some big logs for this. Logs, Vines, and big leaves. Those would make a nice simple raft that could easily be made and used. Also, A tip. It may seem that all of the wood in this forest is burning, but most of the wood is actually quite usable." With that, Teutorix left the den and made his way to find some materials.

With a sigh, Twilight watched him leave.
"As he was saying before he rudely left, Look for fallen logs that have raging fires on them. It might sound weird, and painful, but it works. All you need to do is blow out the flames. Takes a bit, but use your wingpower. With the leaves and the vines, under extinguished bushes is a good place to look. many of the things that get under there are untouched by flames."

Twilight stood and stretched, digging her abnormally long claws into the charred ground. She shook herself slightly before laying back down and rolling onto her back.
"honestly, I cannot wait untill we get on the water. I was waiting for this for a good while."
"Ah, I wouldn't mind sharing knowledge on my species with you. knowledge is a very useful tool after all. Any knowledge given or received by either party is beneficial to all. Now, On he topic of a boat. I can mostly handle the actual creation of the boat, but you two can go with teutorix to find materials." Twilight said.

"Yeah. True. We'd need some big logs for this. Logs, Vines, and big leaves. Those would make a nice simple raft that could easily be made and used. Also, A tip. It may seem that all of the wood in this forest is burning, but most of the wood is actually quite usable." With that, Teutorix left the den and made his way to find some materials.

With a sigh, Twilight watched him leave.
"As he was saying before he rudely left, Look for fallen logs that have raging fires on them. It might sound weird, and painful, but it works. All you need to do is blow out the flames. Takes a bit, but use your wingpower. With the leaves and the vines, under extinguished bushes is a good place to look. many of the things that get under there are untouched by flames."

Twilight stood and stretched, digging her abnormally long claws into the charred ground. She shook herself slightly before laying back down and rolling onto her back.
"honestly, I cannot wait untill we get on the water. I was waiting for this for a good while."
4X87HDW.png
Totally Interesting bio
"Considering what happened last time we split up like this, I think I'll stay here with you Twilight. It wouldn't do anyone good to have a repeat of that," Kaden said, watching Teutorix leave, "That, and I think Vin would fare batter than I would out there. I may be trained, but he has elemental advantage. Fire is in his blood. As much as I distrust Teutorix, I know he is more than capable of keeping Vin safe. If I stay here, everyone's safety is equal."

"Very well. I'll try to stay clear of danger, but that shouldn't be too hard," Vin said, lightly bumping heads with Kaden before leaving to fallow Teutorix. Catching up with the skydancer, Vin kept to the air. "Are there any specific strains of plants I should keep an eye out for that might help," he asked.

"I can imagine how you feel. Vin and I have been looking forward to this trip for some time. As important as our missions, out main reason for volunteering was so we could see the world. Aside from what is written down in our clan's library, we have a very limited understand of how the world looks and is," Kaden said, adding the last of the gathered firewood to the fire, "Our entire existence has been spent within the walls of our lair. The closest we've come to actually leaving the lair is when we visit the gardens, but that's a subject for another day."
"Considering what happened last time we split up like this, I think I'll stay here with you Twilight. It wouldn't do anyone good to have a repeat of that," Kaden said, watching Teutorix leave, "That, and I think Vin would fare batter than I would out there. I may be trained, but he has elemental advantage. Fire is in his blood. As much as I distrust Teutorix, I know he is more than capable of keeping Vin safe. If I stay here, everyone's safety is equal."

"Very well. I'll try to stay clear of danger, but that shouldn't be too hard," Vin said, lightly bumping heads with Kaden before leaving to fallow Teutorix. Catching up with the skydancer, Vin kept to the air. "Are there any specific strains of plants I should keep an eye out for that might help," he asked.

"I can imagine how you feel. Vin and I have been looking forward to this trip for some time. As important as our missions, out main reason for volunteering was so we could see the world. Aside from what is written down in our clan's library, we have a very limited understand of how the world looks and is," Kaden said, adding the last of the gathered firewood to the fire, "Our entire existence has been spent within the walls of our lair. The closest we've come to actually leaving the lair is when we visit the gardens, but that's a subject for another day."
Teutorix looked towards vin and growled slightly in irritation. He honestly did not want any dragons with him.

"For vines, look for the ones that are not on fire, but don't snap in your claws. If you look at the ends, it should be green inside it. For the leaves, look for the ones that haven't caught fire yet. Those ones are strong, and would be useful for creating the sail. Don't worry about the wood though, I'll get that. Also, do me a favor and stay within earshot please. Kaden would rip my tail off if anything happened to you, and I don't intend to go through our journey without some limbs." Teutorix said, climbing a tree and disappearing from view.

Meanwhile

Twilight nodded.
"Indeed. Adventure is a legitimate reason to go on an adventure. I honestly just wanted to learn more about other flights. Most of the time, the only ones in our clan who travel to the deities are the flight representatives in our clan. most of the rest of us are just in the vicinity of the clan."
Teutorix looked towards vin and growled slightly in irritation. He honestly did not want any dragons with him.

"For vines, look for the ones that are not on fire, but don't snap in your claws. If you look at the ends, it should be green inside it. For the leaves, look for the ones that haven't caught fire yet. Those ones are strong, and would be useful for creating the sail. Don't worry about the wood though, I'll get that. Also, do me a favor and stay within earshot please. Kaden would rip my tail off if anything happened to you, and I don't intend to go through our journey without some limbs." Teutorix said, climbing a tree and disappearing from view.

Meanwhile

Twilight nodded.
"Indeed. Adventure is a legitimate reason to go on an adventure. I honestly just wanted to learn more about other flights. Most of the time, the only ones in our clan who travel to the deities are the flight representatives in our clan. most of the rest of us are just in the vicinity of the clan."
4X87HDW.png
Totally Interesting bio
"Understood. None of us would want that confrontation. I wasn't planning on wondering too far anyways. I don't want to risk another ambush by a beast clan," Vin said, giving a nod. Turning his attention to the nearby vines and leaves, he began applying Teutorix's advice. Before too long, he had gathered several bundles of vines and leaves. Having used some of the vines to bind the leaves into packages, he took out a small book. Examining one of the loose leaves, he began recording his observations before collecting more supplies.

"I can see why a clan would be like that. Our clan is very close knit with each other, and that includes our patron being. Usually, it's only those trained as ambassadors or gatherers that get to leave the lair. Not even the elite guard get to leave without special situations being met first, or events like this," Kaden said, "For some of us, we've never left the massive cave we call home. Given our primary goal, I can see why we would do that, but it does make me sad knowing that there will be some of us who will never get to see the beautiful world that is out here."
"Understood. None of us would want that confrontation. I wasn't planning on wondering too far anyways. I don't want to risk another ambush by a beast clan," Vin said, giving a nod. Turning his attention to the nearby vines and leaves, he began applying Teutorix's advice. Before too long, he had gathered several bundles of vines and leaves. Having used some of the vines to bind the leaves into packages, he took out a small book. Examining one of the loose leaves, he began recording his observations before collecting more supplies.

"I can see why a clan would be like that. Our clan is very close knit with each other, and that includes our patron being. Usually, it's only those trained as ambassadors or gatherers that get to leave the lair. Not even the elite guard get to leave without special situations being met first, or events like this," Kaden said, "For some of us, we've never left the massive cave we call home. Given our primary goal, I can see why we would do that, but it does make me sad knowing that there will be some of us who will never get to see the beautiful world that is out here."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8