Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 God gatherers w/ zezmeril
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
"Well, not exactly what I was expecting, but yes, this will do," Vin said, surprised by the amount Teutorix had brought. "If there's too much for your bag, we have room in ours. At any rate, this should last us a good while, or at least until we leave the Icefields."

"I don't know, something about this food seems off to me. Not to be rude or anything, but that seemed almost too convenient. He seemed a little too happy to offer up such a bounty," Kaden said, looking over some of the food, "Regardless, food is food. If it makes any of us sick, we know it would be one of two causes."

"I would argue with you on that, but his recent actions would back up that claim. Still, we have medicine and potions on had if we need them. We'll deal with that bridge when we get to it. For now, we've got places to be," Vin said, dividing out a few small portions for him and Kaden, "We're ready whenever you are Twilight."
"Well, not exactly what I was expecting, but yes, this will do," Vin said, surprised by the amount Teutorix had brought. "If there's too much for your bag, we have room in ours. At any rate, this should last us a good while, or at least until we leave the Icefields."

"I don't know, something about this food seems off to me. Not to be rude or anything, but that seemed almost too convenient. He seemed a little too happy to offer up such a bounty," Kaden said, looking over some of the food, "Regardless, food is food. If it makes any of us sick, we know it would be one of two causes."

"I would argue with you on that, but his recent actions would back up that claim. Still, we have medicine and potions on had if we need them. We'll deal with that bridge when we get to it. For now, we've got places to be," Vin said, dividing out a few small portions for him and Kaden, "We're ready whenever you are Twilight."
sIVoBmo.png ihrGNmK.png2kEcc6D.png
Twilight looked at kaden, wanting to say something to defend teutorix, bu found no words to say on the matter. Instead, she cleared her throat awkwardly and stood.

"Yes. We'd best head off. Seems that we're all prepared enough. Let us begin this journey."
WIth that, twilight stood up and walked outside, meeting with teutorix.
"Well, it seems that we are finally going to be on our way then. Are you ready?" Twilight asked. "You know, You can still go back if you don't want to be with lightning dragons so much."

"No." The white dragon responded. "I have to make sure that they don't hurt you. You know how treacherous lightning dragons can be. Their as unpredictable as the electricity that they work with."

"Oh, like you then?" Twilight laughed.

"No." Teutorix growled flatly.

Twilight gently hit him with her tail. "Oh lighten up you. They're coming. I would suggest you try to gain their trust back. Ok?"

Teutorix only grunted in response
Twilight looked at kaden, wanting to say something to defend teutorix, bu found no words to say on the matter. Instead, she cleared her throat awkwardly and stood.

"Yes. We'd best head off. Seems that we're all prepared enough. Let us begin this journey."
WIth that, twilight stood up and walked outside, meeting with teutorix.
"Well, it seems that we are finally going to be on our way then. Are you ready?" Twilight asked. "You know, You can still go back if you don't want to be with lightning dragons so much."

"No." The white dragon responded. "I have to make sure that they don't hurt you. You know how treacherous lightning dragons can be. Their as unpredictable as the electricity that they work with."

"Oh, like you then?" Twilight laughed.

"No." Teutorix growled flatly.

Twilight gently hit him with her tail. "Oh lighten up you. They're coming. I would suggest you try to gain their trust back. Ok?"

Teutorix only grunted in response
4X87HDW.png
Totally Interesting bio
"Yes, it would be to all of our benefit if you at least attempted to earn our trust. We will be delving into the very hearts of each Flight's territory. If we can't trust each other, we've no right to be entering their lands as a single group. We may wave the flag of peace, but the Exalted would just as soon pin us all as spies over something so small," Vin said, joining the group outside, "Occupation alone makes the Exalted much more paranoid about outsiders. Their duty is to fight for, and protect, their chosen deity. That said, I don't expect you to just throw away your beliefs. I just ask that you try to make your disdain for us less obvious."

"For all we know, they could interpret your actions as an attempt to destabilize flight relations, and attack one or all of us over it. Be as vocal about it as you want while we're between locations, but try to keep it at a minimum when we're within range of ancient clans," Kaden stated, fallowing the Golem out. Once clear of the opening, he lifted into the air, "Honestly, if you think we're treacherous, I'd hate to hear what you think of the Krunnen when we inevitably run into them. We're also not nearly as unpredictable as you might think, but you'll see that with time."

Shaking his head, Vin fallowed Kaden into the air. "You know Kaden, you just don't make things easy for us. We haven't the time for speculations or arguments right now. If we want to be anywhere near land by nightfall, we'd best leave now," he said, letting the Golem take up point between them and Teutorix, "There's going to be a lot of water between us and Ice, so I do hope everyone's well rested."
"Yes, it would be to all of our benefit if you at least attempted to earn our trust. We will be delving into the very hearts of each Flight's territory. If we can't trust each other, we've no right to be entering their lands as a single group. We may wave the flag of peace, but the Exalted would just as soon pin us all as spies over something so small," Vin said, joining the group outside, "Occupation alone makes the Exalted much more paranoid about outsiders. Their duty is to fight for, and protect, their chosen deity. That said, I don't expect you to just throw away your beliefs. I just ask that you try to make your disdain for us less obvious."

"For all we know, they could interpret your actions as an attempt to destabilize flight relations, and attack one or all of us over it. Be as vocal about it as you want while we're between locations, but try to keep it at a minimum when we're within range of ancient clans," Kaden stated, fallowing the Golem out. Once clear of the opening, he lifted into the air, "Honestly, if you think we're treacherous, I'd hate to hear what you think of the Krunnen when we inevitably run into them. We're also not nearly as unpredictable as you might think, but you'll see that with time."

Shaking his head, Vin fallowed Kaden into the air. "You know Kaden, you just don't make things easy for us. We haven't the time for speculations or arguments right now. If we want to be anywhere near land by nightfall, we'd best leave now," he said, letting the Golem take up point between them and Teutorix, "There's going to be a lot of water between us and Ice, so I do hope everyone's well rested."
Teutorix growled slightly as he watched the two Nocturnes take to the skies, but did not speak. Instead he stayed to walk with the much-less-for-flight bogsneak.

"You need to learn to trust. I mean, You are one of them. Plus, We'd best keep on their good side. We don't need another enemy. I mean, We already have like, two in every region. Plus, we especially don't want the Stormcatcher himself seeing us as an enemy because we attacked ones from his domain. I mean, really. You're just being childish. Don't you know what nightkaia always says? We must always have more friends than enemies."

"Of course I remember what Nightkaia says!" Teutorix hissed back indignantly. "How could I not remember. She shoves that down our throat every single day!"

Raising a claw, twilight silences him. " Not my point. My point is that you need to stop trying to make enemies out of lightning dragons. Ok? remember how you almost started a war between Us and Thunderstorm?"

Teutorix only grunted as he watched the two nocturnes flying gracefully side-by-side.

"Go apologize."

"What?! Apologize? For what?"

"For attacking them. If you don't, then when we get home, I'll tell the whole clan that you were a huge coward and then you'll get the gossip you wanted. Only, you'll be the center of it!"

With a hiss and a growl, Teutorix spread his wings and lazily flew towards vin and kaden, taking his sweet time to reach them as he did so.
Teutorix growled slightly as he watched the two Nocturnes take to the skies, but did not speak. Instead he stayed to walk with the much-less-for-flight bogsneak.

"You need to learn to trust. I mean, You are one of them. Plus, We'd best keep on their good side. We don't need another enemy. I mean, We already have like, two in every region. Plus, we especially don't want the Stormcatcher himself seeing us as an enemy because we attacked ones from his domain. I mean, really. You're just being childish. Don't you know what nightkaia always says? We must always have more friends than enemies."

"Of course I remember what Nightkaia says!" Teutorix hissed back indignantly. "How could I not remember. She shoves that down our throat every single day!"

Raising a claw, twilight silences him. " Not my point. My point is that you need to stop trying to make enemies out of lightning dragons. Ok? remember how you almost started a war between Us and Thunderstorm?"

Teutorix only grunted as he watched the two nocturnes flying gracefully side-by-side.

"Go apologize."

"What?! Apologize? For what?"

"For attacking them. If you don't, then when we get home, I'll tell the whole clan that you were a huge coward and then you'll get the gossip you wanted. Only, you'll be the center of it!"

With a hiss and a growl, Teutorix spread his wings and lazily flew towards vin and kaden, taking his sweet time to reach them as he did so.
4X87HDW.png
Totally Interesting bio
"Look, I don't trust him any less than you, but we need to give him a chance. We don't know his past, and that alone is proof enough for that. Just... Just try not to be so hostile. You'd do just as well to take your own advice," Vin said, lightly flicking Kaden's belly with his tail, "Besides, what would Mayumi think if she saw you act this way. She didn't raise us to be like that."

Giving a sigh, Kaden only shook his head. "I know, I know. I just can't stand to see you get hurt again though. If I ever allowed harm to come to you again, I don't know what I'd do. On top of that, we have so much riding on us. Out entire clan is relying on us to complete this journey," he said, lowering himself to be level with Vin, "You're right though, we don't know his past. We are without the context to make a level judgement. I'll try to be less hostile towards him, but I wont lower my guard, not so long as he keeps his own hostilities."

Spotting Teutorix as he approached, Vin moved to meet him. "Well, we'll see what he has to say for himself. Just try not to further the hostilities. Violence only begets violence after all," he said before greeting Teutorix, "It's good to have you join us in flight. Seeing how you left before we could say anything, I'd like to thank you for the food you brought."
"Look, I don't trust him any less than you, but we need to give him a chance. We don't know his past, and that alone is proof enough for that. Just... Just try not to be so hostile. You'd do just as well to take your own advice," Vin said, lightly flicking Kaden's belly with his tail, "Besides, what would Mayumi think if she saw you act this way. She didn't raise us to be like that."

Giving a sigh, Kaden only shook his head. "I know, I know. I just can't stand to see you get hurt again though. If I ever allowed harm to come to you again, I don't know what I'd do. On top of that, we have so much riding on us. Out entire clan is relying on us to complete this journey," he said, lowering himself to be level with Vin, "You're right though, we don't know his past. We are without the context to make a level judgement. I'll try to be less hostile towards him, but I wont lower my guard, not so long as he keeps his own hostilities."

Spotting Teutorix as he approached, Vin moved to meet him. "Well, we'll see what he has to say for himself. Just try not to further the hostilities. Violence only begets violence after all," he said before greeting Teutorix, "It's good to have you join us in flight. Seeing how you left before we could say anything, I'd like to thank you for the food you brought."
For a moment, teutorix just stared at vin, unsure of what to say, until he forced a smile on his face.
"No problem. I guessed it was the least I could do to make up for My behavior earlier. ANd I now you think I poisoned it or something," He gave a pointed glance towards kaden as he said it. "but no need to worry. I haven't done anything to the food. I would never stoop that low. Food is sacred. It should not be tampered with."

The white skydancer sighed and glided alongside them.
"Hey, So, twilight sent me up here to say sorry, so I'm sorry about attacking you both. Ok? The whole clan would get mad at me if I started another war between Howling dragon and a lightning clan."
For a moment, teutorix just stared at vin, unsure of what to say, until he forced a smile on his face.
"No problem. I guessed it was the least I could do to make up for My behavior earlier. ANd I now you think I poisoned it or something," He gave a pointed glance towards kaden as he said it. "but no need to worry. I haven't done anything to the food. I would never stoop that low. Food is sacred. It should not be tampered with."

The white skydancer sighed and glided alongside them.
"Hey, So, twilight sent me up here to say sorry, so I'm sorry about attacking you both. Ok? The whole clan would get mad at me if I started another war between Howling dragon and a lightning clan."
4X87HDW.png
Totally Interesting bio
"Well, we wouldn't so much got to war as just deny your clan our services. that is, if you don't actually bring us lasting harm. Do that, and you would have a rather nasty war on your hands. Regardless, apology accepted. We hope that this will be the last time that will need to be said," Vin said, giving a nod, "As for the food, it's nothing personal. Coming from a clan of healers, we're always critical of the food we're given by outside sources. We're always worried about proper storage and preparation of food to avoid disease and such."

Listening to Vin, Kaden only gave a grunt. "I should apologize as well. I don't know what your past is, and shouldn't be judging you for it just yet. I did not mean to offend with my comments earlier either. I just wish for as little harm to come to Vin as I can manage," he said, "I'd hate to see our clans be pitted against each other though. There's always going to be enemies out there, we just seek to add as few to those numbers as possible."
"Well, we wouldn't so much got to war as just deny your clan our services. that is, if you don't actually bring us lasting harm. Do that, and you would have a rather nasty war on your hands. Regardless, apology accepted. We hope that this will be the last time that will need to be said," Vin said, giving a nod, "As for the food, it's nothing personal. Coming from a clan of healers, we're always critical of the food we're given by outside sources. We're always worried about proper storage and preparation of food to avoid disease and such."

Listening to Vin, Kaden only gave a grunt. "I should apologize as well. I don't know what your past is, and shouldn't be judging you for it just yet. I did not mean to offend with my comments earlier either. I just wish for as little harm to come to Vin as I can manage," he said, "I'd hate to see our clans be pitted against each other though. There's always going to be enemies out there, we just seek to add as few to those numbers as possible."

"Mmm, I guess that that is true for any clan. No one wants enemies. I guess I was just letting my past get ahead of me. You see,"

He paused as he looked down through the trees of the scorched forest to see that twilight was no longer following them.

"Twilight!" He yelled, immediately snapping in his wings and diving to the ground. He frantically looked around and called for the bogsneak.

"Twilight!? Twilight, Where are you?"

In response there was a loud roar, and a loud caw from what sounded like a harpy.

"Twi!" Tetorix yelped as he dashed deeper into the smoke-filled forest.

"Mmm, I guess that that is true for any clan. No one wants enemies. I guess I was just letting my past get ahead of me. You see,"

He paused as he looked down through the trees of the scorched forest to see that twilight was no longer following them.

"Twilight!" He yelled, immediately snapping in his wings and diving to the ground. He frantically looked around and called for the bogsneak.

"Twilight!? Twilight, Where are you?"

In response there was a loud roar, and a loud caw from what sounded like a harpy.

"Twi!" Tetorix yelped as he dashed deeper into the smoke-filled forest.
4X87HDW.png
Totally Interesting bio
Diving to fallow Teutorix, Vin and Kaden both seemed to prepare different spells. When Vin's spell went off, a thin mist seemed to spread out from him, sticking to whatever it landed on.After a few seconds, everything from the smallest insects to the largest of wildlife took on a faint aura. When Kaden's spell went off, barriers formed around the three, knocking away smaller branches that got in the way.

"Barriers are set, and Life's mist is tracking. Just focus on spotting Twilight's aura, and it'll lead us straight to her and her assailant," Vin said, starting to gather breath for healing spells, "We are ready to administer healing where needed. Kaden will be the bulwark if you can manage being the offense."

"If you can, try to acquire the crest these aggressors might be wearing. We try to catalog the markings of all hostile beast tribes to provide our allies with," Kaden said, spotting the auras of several harpies, "Looks like there's going to be more than one here."
Diving to fallow Teutorix, Vin and Kaden both seemed to prepare different spells. When Vin's spell went off, a thin mist seemed to spread out from him, sticking to whatever it landed on.After a few seconds, everything from the smallest insects to the largest of wildlife took on a faint aura. When Kaden's spell went off, barriers formed around the three, knocking away smaller branches that got in the way.

"Barriers are set, and Life's mist is tracking. Just focus on spotting Twilight's aura, and it'll lead us straight to her and her assailant," Vin said, starting to gather breath for healing spells, "We are ready to administer healing where needed. Kaden will be the bulwark if you can manage being the offense."

"If you can, try to acquire the crest these aggressors might be wearing. We try to catalog the markings of all hostile beast tribes to provide our allies with," Kaden said, spotting the auras of several harpies, "Looks like there's going to be more than one here."
"Don't worry, I Can handle it guys, just stay out of the way." Teutorix growled as he launched into the fray.

There were about 12 harpies crowded around twilight. She was fighting weakly, clearly injured and battered.

Luckily, none of them noticed teutorix's approach, and was able to take two of them by surprise, clawing one of them in the eyes, and slamming the other into a flaming tree with his tail. Two more charged at him, but he managed to take to the sky just as they leapt for him.
He rose over the harpies, some of them attempting to take flight and give chase, but he had no intention of fleeing. Instead, he dived over their heads and landed on twilight, spreading his wings and roaring threateningly.
Immediately he was rushed by the remaining 8, gaining multiple heavy cuts from the sharp talons, but he was not going down.

Using some magic that he'd learned a long time ago, he summoned a molten barrier around himself and twilight, and managed to make it back to vin and kaden.

Letting the barrier fade, he slumped to the ground next to twilight and sighed, gently laying his tail over the baly wounded bogsneak.
"I'm sorry, I should have been paying more attention." he muttered to the unconscious dragon.

He then looked at vin and kaden. "Time to work your magic." he muttered before standing once more. Shaking himself and wiping some of the blood out of his eyes from a cut on his head, he turned and began to walk away, saying,"I'm going to go hunt. I'll be back in a moment. We still need to save our rations. We haven't even reached the southern Icefields yet." With that, he disappeared into the forest once more.
"Don't worry, I Can handle it guys, just stay out of the way." Teutorix growled as he launched into the fray.

There were about 12 harpies crowded around twilight. She was fighting weakly, clearly injured and battered.

Luckily, none of them noticed teutorix's approach, and was able to take two of them by surprise, clawing one of them in the eyes, and slamming the other into a flaming tree with his tail. Two more charged at him, but he managed to take to the sky just as they leapt for him.
He rose over the harpies, some of them attempting to take flight and give chase, but he had no intention of fleeing. Instead, he dived over their heads and landed on twilight, spreading his wings and roaring threateningly.
Immediately he was rushed by the remaining 8, gaining multiple heavy cuts from the sharp talons, but he was not going down.

Using some magic that he'd learned a long time ago, he summoned a molten barrier around himself and twilight, and managed to make it back to vin and kaden.

Letting the barrier fade, he slumped to the ground next to twilight and sighed, gently laying his tail over the baly wounded bogsneak.
"I'm sorry, I should have been paying more attention." he muttered to the unconscious dragon.

He then looked at vin and kaden. "Time to work your magic." he muttered before standing once more. Shaking himself and wiping some of the blood out of his eyes from a cut on his head, he turned and began to walk away, saying,"I'm going to go hunt. I'll be back in a moment. We still need to save our rations. We haven't even reached the southern Icefields yet." With that, he disappeared into the forest once more.
4X87HDW.png
Totally Interesting bio
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8