Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Private RP] w/ Violetah
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
@Violetah
It was your average bustling morning on Coruscant. Citizens of the cityplanet on the streets and in their vehicles went about their business as the dawn settled into noon. Though for two travelers, this day was somewhat more important. What seemed like aeons ago, the Jedi were purged from their own temple on Coruscant. Today, it stands as a museum, a monument to those who died in the battle to defend the Jedi Order.

Ferine Rein, a recently initiated Padawan, was on an ''expedition'' with her Master, Zelta Dievs. Rather than typical training, Zelta was bringing her to the temple to see the many artifacts that were held there. She hadn't thought much about it, but history excited her most in her training. It was very visual, unlike meditation or basic studying.

Zelta landed the ship just outside the temple and watched his Padawan jump out of her seat and bolt for the exit. She looked out the small window and looked at the many passing people. This had been the most populated place she'd ever been, and it was incredible.

"Don't wander off, okay? I know you like to do that back on Shedu Maad, but this place is busy and the crowds way too easy for you to get lost in," Zelta warned before opening the hatch and walking out".

Ferine had always had trouble keeping still, especially if something piqued her curiosity. As they entered the temple, she felt something.. off.
@Violetah
It was your average bustling morning on Coruscant. Citizens of the cityplanet on the streets and in their vehicles went about their business as the dawn settled into noon. Though for two travelers, this day was somewhat more important. What seemed like aeons ago, the Jedi were purged from their own temple on Coruscant. Today, it stands as a museum, a monument to those who died in the battle to defend the Jedi Order.

Ferine Rein, a recently initiated Padawan, was on an ''expedition'' with her Master, Zelta Dievs. Rather than typical training, Zelta was bringing her to the temple to see the many artifacts that were held there. She hadn't thought much about it, but history excited her most in her training. It was very visual, unlike meditation or basic studying.

Zelta landed the ship just outside the temple and watched his Padawan jump out of her seat and bolt for the exit. She looked out the small window and looked at the many passing people. This had been the most populated place she'd ever been, and it was incredible.

"Don't wander off, okay? I know you like to do that back on Shedu Maad, but this place is busy and the crowds way too easy for you to get lost in," Zelta warned before opening the hatch and walking out".

Ferine had always had trouble keeping still, especially if something piqued her curiosity. As they entered the temple, she felt something.. off.
tumblr_inline_njviwmxG231qg2i5p.png
(@KidKlokateer you don't need to ping me anymore, I'm subscribed to the thread now.)

Cyrano Krypt, a young man dressed all in black, stood loitering near the old Jedi temple. He watched the comings and goings of people as they rushed about, caught up in their lives, but didn't make a move to follow anyone. Two people, dressed in robes, caught his attention. Jedi, the excited thought rushed through his head, They actually came. I didn't expect there to be any today. He smiled slightly, and took a step towards the temple, desiring to follow them inside.

He was new to the bustling city-planet, and only realised he'd stepped in front of a large crowd of people rushing his way when the Force warned him of the danger. He jumped back a few steps, making sure not to be run over, then waited for the people to pass. While his job was being a bounty hunter, he was still a teenager and lacked some of the common sense of older members of his chosen profession. That was why he was on Coruscant, for he'd got a job to track an arsonist and he'd caught up to him here. However, because of that, he was currently between jobs. So he was sightseeing, using the credits he'd gained from the job to enjoy the sights and smells before he had to leave.

Once the people had passed he walked closer to the temple, making sure to look both ways before he crossed the pathway. He'd never been on such a busy planet, or met a Jedi, and so he wanted to follow them. He felt getting to know this mysterious group of Force users could come in handy, and so boldly walked right up to the temple's entrance.
(@KidKlokateer you don't need to ping me anymore, I'm subscribed to the thread now.)

Cyrano Krypt, a young man dressed all in black, stood loitering near the old Jedi temple. He watched the comings and goings of people as they rushed about, caught up in their lives, but didn't make a move to follow anyone. Two people, dressed in robes, caught his attention. Jedi, the excited thought rushed through his head, They actually came. I didn't expect there to be any today. He smiled slightly, and took a step towards the temple, desiring to follow them inside.

He was new to the bustling city-planet, and only realised he'd stepped in front of a large crowd of people rushing his way when the Force warned him of the danger. He jumped back a few steps, making sure not to be run over, then waited for the people to pass. While his job was being a bounty hunter, he was still a teenager and lacked some of the common sense of older members of his chosen profession. That was why he was on Coruscant, for he'd got a job to track an arsonist and he'd caught up to him here. However, because of that, he was currently between jobs. So he was sightseeing, using the credits he'd gained from the job to enjoy the sights and smells before he had to leave.

Once the people had passed he walked closer to the temple, making sure to look both ways before he crossed the pathway. He'd never been on such a busy planet, or met a Jedi, and so he wanted to follow them. He felt getting to know this mysterious group of Force users could come in handy, and so boldly walked right up to the temple's entrance.
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
SgonDOb.pngOvfZqTx.gif2im8gtl.png
Ferine's itching feelings was quickly subsided by intrigue as her eyes wandered about the hall's magnificent architecture. On one wall were emptied Lightsaber hilts from Jedi of old, crafted expertly to fit the user's specific style no doubt. Ferine looked at her own Lightsaber, a basic build for a Padawan not yet capable of crafting her own parts.

As they continued on, Ferine heard something down one of the many corridors that lead throughout the facility, however, she didn't see anyone go down that path. She looked to see if her Master was looking. When she saw his gaze fixed on a banner display hung on the adjacent wall, she scurried down the hall on her feather-like feet that hardly made a sound, even in her uniform boots.

The room she'd found seemed to be some sort of training room. It was well-maintained, more so than some other parts of the temple. She spotted a pedestal with a small metal orb placed on it and her eyes lit up.

"I wonder if it works.." Ferine mumbled to herself. She pressed the top of the sphere and a large map of the Galaxy appeared. She began to walk around the room looking at the many planets and systems projected into the air. She'd seen these types of things before, but never so large and never so interactive.
Ferine's itching feelings was quickly subsided by intrigue as her eyes wandered about the hall's magnificent architecture. On one wall were emptied Lightsaber hilts from Jedi of old, crafted expertly to fit the user's specific style no doubt. Ferine looked at her own Lightsaber, a basic build for a Padawan not yet capable of crafting her own parts.

As they continued on, Ferine heard something down one of the many corridors that lead throughout the facility, however, she didn't see anyone go down that path. She looked to see if her Master was looking. When she saw his gaze fixed on a banner display hung on the adjacent wall, she scurried down the hall on her feather-like feet that hardly made a sound, even in her uniform boots.

The room she'd found seemed to be some sort of training room. It was well-maintained, more so than some other parts of the temple. She spotted a pedestal with a small metal orb placed on it and her eyes lit up.

"I wonder if it works.." Ferine mumbled to herself. She pressed the top of the sphere and a large map of the Galaxy appeared. She began to walk around the room looking at the many planets and systems projected into the air. She'd seen these types of things before, but never so large and never so interactive.
(@KidKlokateer are you subbed to the thread, or do I need to keep pinging you?)

Looking around briefly, Cyrano saw that there was nothing blocking his way, and so he stepped into the temple. Initially he too was distracted by the ancient architecture, and he simply wandered around looking amazed. He had unconsciously started to follow the two Jedi, and when he realised that, he quickly took action to correct himself. He purposely went down a side corridor to make sure he was out of sight, and continued to explore the building. His wonder soon faded as he came across disused passageways, dusty and crumbling. Maybe Jedi aren't so good at preserving history, he internally laughed, then stifled a sneeze as dust went up his nose. Still, he was having fun, doing something different.

Continuing to walk through the darkened hallways, he turned his head sharply as he heard the faint sound of light footsteps. Tipping his head to the side he followed the sound, coming across a doorway spilling blue light. He'd guessed this was what had made the sound, and as he stepped around to look into the room he saw the zabrak padawan standing in front of a large holographic map. While at first he didn't want to draw attention to himself, he realised that talking to this little Jedi might give him more information than just walking around aimlessly.

"Where's your master, little Jedi? Does he realised you've run off?" His tone wasn't aggressive, rather teasing, as he stepped into the doorway. He was distracted from the girl by the map, because he to had never seen such a big one before. He wore a slight smile, and he started to walk into the room, wanting to have a closer look at the hologram.
(@KidKlokateer are you subbed to the thread, or do I need to keep pinging you?)

Looking around briefly, Cyrano saw that there was nothing blocking his way, and so he stepped into the temple. Initially he too was distracted by the ancient architecture, and he simply wandered around looking amazed. He had unconsciously started to follow the two Jedi, and when he realised that, he quickly took action to correct himself. He purposely went down a side corridor to make sure he was out of sight, and continued to explore the building. His wonder soon faded as he came across disused passageways, dusty and crumbling. Maybe Jedi aren't so good at preserving history, he internally laughed, then stifled a sneeze as dust went up his nose. Still, he was having fun, doing something different.

Continuing to walk through the darkened hallways, he turned his head sharply as he heard the faint sound of light footsteps. Tipping his head to the side he followed the sound, coming across a doorway spilling blue light. He'd guessed this was what had made the sound, and as he stepped around to look into the room he saw the zabrak padawan standing in front of a large holographic map. While at first he didn't want to draw attention to himself, he realised that talking to this little Jedi might give him more information than just walking around aimlessly.

"Where's your master, little Jedi? Does he realised you've run off?" His tone wasn't aggressive, rather teasing, as he stepped into the doorway. He was distracted from the girl by the map, because he to had never seen such a big one before. He wore a slight smile, and he started to walk into the room, wanting to have a closer look at the hologram.
//OH I'm sorry yes, I'm subscribed woops lol//

Ferine spun around to see the stranger standing in the doorway. She didn't seem startled, but rather surprised he was there at all. Though, it wasn't out of the realm of reason that somebody had seen her as she'd strayed from Zelta. She stayed on the far side of the room, near a stellar nursery mapped in the Hosnian System. He seemed just as mesmerized by the map as she was, which was somewhat of a comfort to the curious Zabrak.

"No," she confessed, "but does anyone know you're here?"

Ferine wasn't typically this catty toward strangers, but she wasn't supposed to be there. Perhaps if she could ward him away, she could leave without drawing attention herself. She stepped from her spot toward the center of the room to deactivate the map.
//OH I'm sorry yes, I'm subscribed woops lol//

Ferine spun around to see the stranger standing in the doorway. She didn't seem startled, but rather surprised he was there at all. Though, it wasn't out of the realm of reason that somebody had seen her as she'd strayed from Zelta. She stayed on the far side of the room, near a stellar nursery mapped in the Hosnian System. He seemed just as mesmerized by the map as she was, which was somewhat of a comfort to the curious Zabrak.

"No," she confessed, "but does anyone know you're here?"

Ferine wasn't typically this catty toward strangers, but she wasn't supposed to be there. Perhaps if she could ward him away, she could leave without drawing attention herself. She stepped from her spot toward the center of the room to deactivate the map.
(I just want to say, your art of your characters is quite cute. Do you draw them on paper and colour them in digitally?)

Cyrano just gave a shrug at her question, then said, "I don't have anyone who'd be worried about me." It seemed an odd response, because he still looked quite young for someone who was living on their own. He watched her, sensing her desire for him to go away, and so he stepped away from the doorway. Unfortunately for her, he was now standing in the room, and didn't seem like he was going to leave. He just observed her as she went to deactivate the map, seemingly calm and unbothered, and internally wondered why she seemed agitated by his presence. He'd guess that she didn't want anyone to know she'd wandered off, but he wasn't going to tell anyone about this.

"Wait, if you go, can you leave the map on? I haven't seen one like that before." Cyrano took a step forward just before she deactivated it, wishing to have a chance to look over the map. As he moved closer to her, he seemed to peer at her with his pale green eyes, and he asked, "You are a Zabrak, right? You look a bit different from the ones I've seen before, though I'd be the first to admit I haven't seen many zabraks before." He was curious, that much was clear, and he hoped he hadn't asked too personal a question. He would be the first to say he wasn't good at seeing the boundary between questions that were acceptable, and questions that made people uncomfortable, and hoped he hadn't stepped over that line.
(I just want to say, your art of your characters is quite cute. Do you draw them on paper and colour them in digitally?)

Cyrano just gave a shrug at her question, then said, "I don't have anyone who'd be worried about me." It seemed an odd response, because he still looked quite young for someone who was living on their own. He watched her, sensing her desire for him to go away, and so he stepped away from the doorway. Unfortunately for her, he was now standing in the room, and didn't seem like he was going to leave. He just observed her as she went to deactivate the map, seemingly calm and unbothered, and internally wondered why she seemed agitated by his presence. He'd guess that she didn't want anyone to know she'd wandered off, but he wasn't going to tell anyone about this.

"Wait, if you go, can you leave the map on? I haven't seen one like that before." Cyrano took a step forward just before she deactivated it, wishing to have a chance to look over the map. As he moved closer to her, he seemed to peer at her with his pale green eyes, and he asked, "You are a Zabrak, right? You look a bit different from the ones I've seen before, though I'd be the first to admit I haven't seen many zabraks before." He was curious, that much was clear, and he hoped he hadn't asked too personal a question. He would be the first to say he wasn't good at seeing the boundary between questions that were acceptable, and questions that made people uncomfortable, and hoped he hadn't stepped over that line.
//Yes ; v ; I'm a little bit embarrassed about it, but I don't really have any means of creating wholly digital art, so it's my medium//

Ferine was taken aback, confused that he would ask something so.. odd. "Yes, but what should I look like? We don't all look the same," she huffed. She'd been told before that she doesn't look like a Zabrak, and it was only revealed to her that she was mixed species after a medical examination wherein they not only found two hearts, but two livers, the very same attribute shared by Zeltron. This explained her unusual hair growth, pink-hued skin, and a chemical leaning toward an optimistic disposition.

"Why do you care about this map? It's just an old galactic atlas. Look, Hosnian Prime is still here," she said, pointing to the city planet destroyed just a few decades ago by the First Order.

Of course, this question was redundant. She enjoyed the map too, regardless of its accuracy. Stars were her one true comfort in the vast galaxy. As many things that made her feel small, stars gave her a sense of comfort. She never knew why, but they did.
//Yes ; v ; I'm a little bit embarrassed about it, but I don't really have any means of creating wholly digital art, so it's my medium//

Ferine was taken aback, confused that he would ask something so.. odd. "Yes, but what should I look like? We don't all look the same," she huffed. She'd been told before that she doesn't look like a Zabrak, and it was only revealed to her that she was mixed species after a medical examination wherein they not only found two hearts, but two livers, the very same attribute shared by Zeltron. This explained her unusual hair growth, pink-hued skin, and a chemical leaning toward an optimistic disposition.

"Why do you care about this map? It's just an old galactic atlas. Look, Hosnian Prime is still here," she said, pointing to the city planet destroyed just a few decades ago by the First Order.

Of course, this question was redundant. She enjoyed the map too, regardless of its accuracy. Stars were her one true comfort in the vast galaxy. As many things that made her feel small, stars gave her a sense of comfort. She never knew why, but they did.
(No, don't be! With that you've got the best of both worlds, the fine control of pencil on paper, and the usefulness of digital when it comes to colouring in. I've tried to do digital art, but as I've only got a touchpad much of it doesn't look to great XD, and with pencil on paper I always have little white gaps in the colouring if I'm not careful. Plus, there's a ton more colours available when using digital then when using pencils.)

Cyrano put his hand behind his head, realising he had stepped across that line with Ferine's answer. "Ah, sorry," he muttered, pulling an embarrassed face. He stepped closer to the map and looked at the world she was pointing at, and gave a slight smile.

"I've never seen a map like this before, and wanted to have a go of finding my homeworld. Even though it's old, it might have a few interesting secrets. Plus, you know those old stories about adventurers and pirates, and how a lot of them have the hero find some old map that'll lead them to some treasure? Wouldn't it be cool if this map had something like that?" As he spoke, it became clear he loved the idea of going out and adventuring. That's why he went into the temple, and that's why he was talking to her. His curiosity was boundless, and while he didn't completely understand what he saw on the map, he still enjoyed looking at it.

He then looked at the her again, and said with a self-conscious laugh, "I haven't introduced myself, have I? Isn't that what people are supposed to do when they meet, or do you Jedi just read minds and know everyone's names? Anyway, my name's Cyrano, Cyrano Krypt." He was trying to be friendly, in an attempt to make up for his previous weird question. He held out a hand, expecting her to shake it.
(No, don't be! With that you've got the best of both worlds, the fine control of pencil on paper, and the usefulness of digital when it comes to colouring in. I've tried to do digital art, but as I've only got a touchpad much of it doesn't look to great XD, and with pencil on paper I always have little white gaps in the colouring if I'm not careful. Plus, there's a ton more colours available when using digital then when using pencils.)

Cyrano put his hand behind his head, realising he had stepped across that line with Ferine's answer. "Ah, sorry," he muttered, pulling an embarrassed face. He stepped closer to the map and looked at the world she was pointing at, and gave a slight smile.

"I've never seen a map like this before, and wanted to have a go of finding my homeworld. Even though it's old, it might have a few interesting secrets. Plus, you know those old stories about adventurers and pirates, and how a lot of them have the hero find some old map that'll lead them to some treasure? Wouldn't it be cool if this map had something like that?" As he spoke, it became clear he loved the idea of going out and adventuring. That's why he went into the temple, and that's why he was talking to her. His curiosity was boundless, and while he didn't completely understand what he saw on the map, he still enjoyed looking at it.

He then looked at the her again, and said with a self-conscious laugh, "I haven't introduced myself, have I? Isn't that what people are supposed to do when they meet, or do you Jedi just read minds and know everyone's names? Anyway, my name's Cyrano, Cyrano Krypt." He was trying to be friendly, in an attempt to make up for his previous weird question. He held out a hand, expecting her to shake it.
//I guess so, but I'd really like to get to fully digital art one day. I love drawing on paper, but I really need to learn if I'm ever going to animate or anything like that//

Ferine took his hand and shook it, "Ferine Rein". Her hand was much smaller than his, and even for fourteen, she was hardly his height. A very small girl in general, quite frankly. She'd work these hologram maps before, but never one this old, so finding certain planets or systems may be more difficult.

"You won't find much treasure on this map, but you'll definitely find planets. This has every planet recorded from the establishment of the Archives to Order 66," she said, using a very minuscule amount of Force power to scroll through the interactive display.

"Do you have any idea of what your homeworld is?" she asked.
//I guess so, but I'd really like to get to fully digital art one day. I love drawing on paper, but I really need to learn if I'm ever going to animate or anything like that//

Ferine took his hand and shook it, "Ferine Rein". Her hand was much smaller than his, and even for fourteen, she was hardly his height. A very small girl in general, quite frankly. She'd work these hologram maps before, but never one this old, so finding certain planets or systems may be more difficult.

"You won't find much treasure on this map, but you'll definitely find planets. This has every planet recorded from the establishment of the Archives to Order 66," she said, using a very minuscule amount of Force power to scroll through the interactive display.

"Do you have any idea of what your homeworld is?" she asked.
(Gallias is a world I made up, just so you know. It's really just an ordinary place, with forests and mountains, lots of farmland, a couple of major cities. Nothing special or significant.)

"I grew up on Gallias, a midrim world. I think it should be in the map, because if I remember our history lessons right, there was a battle in the Clone War fought on our planet. Not like that's unique, lots of worlds had battles fought on them." Cyrano gave another shrug, and stepped away to give her room to find it.

He looked around the rest of the room, for the first time paying attention to his surroundings, and wasn't surprised by what he saw. It was a dark room, the walls and floor either dark blue or grey, he wasn't sure, and there were no windows. Or, he thought, there might be shutters covering the windows. There was also no sign of any seating or benches, but that might just be because they'd been packed away.

Returning his attention to Ferine, he asked, "Did you find the planet yet?" He looked towards the doorway of the room, and wondered how long it would take for the padawan's Master to find her. He didn't want to get in trouble for being in the Temple, and he didn't really want her to get in trouble either for wandering off.
(Gallias is a world I made up, just so you know. It's really just an ordinary place, with forests and mountains, lots of farmland, a couple of major cities. Nothing special or significant.)

"I grew up on Gallias, a midrim world. I think it should be in the map, because if I remember our history lessons right, there was a battle in the Clone War fought on our planet. Not like that's unique, lots of worlds had battles fought on them." Cyrano gave another shrug, and stepped away to give her room to find it.

He looked around the rest of the room, for the first time paying attention to his surroundings, and wasn't surprised by what he saw. It was a dark room, the walls and floor either dark blue or grey, he wasn't sure, and there were no windows. Or, he thought, there might be shutters covering the windows. There was also no sign of any seating or benches, but that might just be because they'd been packed away.

Returning his attention to Ferine, he asked, "Did you find the planet yet?" He looked towards the doorway of the room, and wondered how long it would take for the padawan's Master to find her. He didn't want to get in trouble for being in the Temple, and he didn't really want her to get in trouble either for wandering off.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15