Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Loyalty to Darkness [1x1]
1 2 3 4
Carmin stumbled a bit, obviously thrown by the twisted reality. Chisu desperately shook her neck, having returned to his place, still shouting bloody murder at her to calm down. They were however, too distracted to care about the shadow's disappearance, having their own mind-nausea to deal with.

A sickly sweet voice rang out in Jaf's ears, smooth and silky and yet harbouring an evil kind of mischief. The song continued to hum in the background, yet the voice spoke so calmly like the soft tinkling of bell-chimes, "Are you not one for trickery yourself, dearest? Dark magic and conjurings, I see. You companion considers herself a smart theorist, but there is nothing you can hide from me."
The shadow dipped on the edge of Jaf's vision, like how one spots a mouse and it is gone just as fast.
"Don't worry, honey. Your secrets are safe. I have my own after all. But aren't you just so... contrary? You want to oppose me, even though we are so similar... oh yes, the very thought makes me quake." The voice -- obviously devisable as feminine by now -- giggled softly at the sarcasm that dripped onto her words like venom from a cobra's fangs.
"Well," The silhouette finally formed into a physcality, and a placable aura finally settled in the air. "I wonder how your friend is doing. I'm not sure, her naivete reminds me of a hatchling's foolishness after all." There was a pause, "Oops! Darn, I just gave away the whole mystery away, didn't I? Ahuhu~!"

Carmin and Chisu had seen it by now, the figure that had played with their minds and torn apart the world, warping it into an illusion -- a miasma of mysterious mystification. Perched on a large, glowing mushroom was their obvious culprit, the cause of this misinterpretation of imagination, sitting only a few metres behind Jaf.

@Nicolas

Wow, that's interesting... never roleplayed with any dragons you've owned before, huh? Wow! There's a first for everything! ;D

Also, there was a Disney movie called Fantasia (it's so old v .v) that was based around orchestral music, and the animations morphed and warped to fit the theme. Ah, nostalgia. I remember watching it with my mom way back when. cough cough cough also parallels cough cough cough
Carmin stumbled a bit, obviously thrown by the twisted reality. Chisu desperately shook her neck, having returned to his place, still shouting bloody murder at her to calm down. They were however, too distracted to care about the shadow's disappearance, having their own mind-nausea to deal with.

A sickly sweet voice rang out in Jaf's ears, smooth and silky and yet harbouring an evil kind of mischief. The song continued to hum in the background, yet the voice spoke so calmly like the soft tinkling of bell-chimes, "Are you not one for trickery yourself, dearest? Dark magic and conjurings, I see. You companion considers herself a smart theorist, but there is nothing you can hide from me."
The shadow dipped on the edge of Jaf's vision, like how one spots a mouse and it is gone just as fast.
"Don't worry, honey. Your secrets are safe. I have my own after all. But aren't you just so... contrary? You want to oppose me, even though we are so similar... oh yes, the very thought makes me quake." The voice -- obviously devisable as feminine by now -- giggled softly at the sarcasm that dripped onto her words like venom from a cobra's fangs.
"Well," The silhouette finally formed into a physcality, and a placable aura finally settled in the air. "I wonder how your friend is doing. I'm not sure, her naivete reminds me of a hatchling's foolishness after all." There was a pause, "Oops! Darn, I just gave away the whole mystery away, didn't I? Ahuhu~!"

Carmin and Chisu had seen it by now, the figure that had played with their minds and torn apart the world, warping it into an illusion -- a miasma of mysterious mystification. Perched on a large, glowing mushroom was their obvious culprit, the cause of this misinterpretation of imagination, sitting only a few metres behind Jaf.

@Nicolas

Wow, that's interesting... never roleplayed with any dragons you've owned before, huh? Wow! There's a first for everything! ;D

Also, there was a Disney movie called Fantasia (it's so old v .v) that was based around orchestral music, and the animations morphed and warped to fit the theme. Ah, nostalgia. I remember watching it with my mom way back when. cough cough cough also parallels cough cough cough
Check out my Lore & Bio Store! Everything is essentially free~!
Scribbles by DogiCrimson. See here!
F / +18hrs / Usually Online
WISHLIIIIST
________npc_scribbles_by_dogi_crimson-daevs0a.gif
Jaf didn't even turn to face the owner of the voice, his tail swaying like a metronome as he listened to the words that were being spoken. The sneer on his face morphed slightly, taking on a sharper, more deadly edge as his eyes sparked with an unplaceable look. "If you're trying to make me worry about Dahlia, I'm afraid you've hit quite the dead end. You have no idea what I am, do you?" Jaf's voice was barely above a gentle rumble, inaudible to the Fae and Mirror nearby but he knew the shadow heard it as if he'd spoken clearly.

He fell silent for a few seconds before laughing, the noise startling harsh compared to the sickly sweet voice surrounding them. Sharp white teeth flashed in contrast to the darkness around them, his glowing eyes holding a mirth that seemed more mocking than merry. He was still speaking towards nothingness, having not bothered to turn towards the malicious presence in their midst.

"Similar is pushing it," he replied, his voice level back to normal. "I'm no child murderer."

@/CookieMayhem
A little bit xD it's sorta just like any other RP character though, and it helps that one is a fandragon while I have an actual character for Dahlia instead of blank nothingness :P it would prolly be really difficult for me to RP her if I didn't have a starting point xD;

I remember the movie! I never actually watched it myself though, oddly enough.
Jaf didn't even turn to face the owner of the voice, his tail swaying like a metronome as he listened to the words that were being spoken. The sneer on his face morphed slightly, taking on a sharper, more deadly edge as his eyes sparked with an unplaceable look. "If you're trying to make me worry about Dahlia, I'm afraid you've hit quite the dead end. You have no idea what I am, do you?" Jaf's voice was barely above a gentle rumble, inaudible to the Fae and Mirror nearby but he knew the shadow heard it as if he'd spoken clearly.

He fell silent for a few seconds before laughing, the noise startling harsh compared to the sickly sweet voice surrounding them. Sharp white teeth flashed in contrast to the darkness around them, his glowing eyes holding a mirth that seemed more mocking than merry. He was still speaking towards nothingness, having not bothered to turn towards the malicious presence in their midst.

"Similar is pushing it," he replied, his voice level back to normal. "I'm no child murderer."

@/CookieMayhem
A little bit xD it's sorta just like any other RP character though, and it helps that one is a fandragon while I have an actual character for Dahlia instead of blank nothingness :P it would prolly be really difficult for me to RP her if I didn't have a starting point xD;

I remember the movie! I never actually watched it myself though, oddly enough.
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
A fluctuating purr rang out from the creature behind him, a mix of satisfaction and laughter.
"Oh, sweet heart, I'm not stupid enough to see that you're truly worried about the poor dear." She chuckled. "In fact, it's quite the opposite. I'm more so interested myself in what would happen in your dearest 'Dahlia' happen to die on you. Castle Duskhallow -- is it not? -- would be rather upset. Would they turn on you or Clan Hollowsong? Either way, it would be entertaining. I mean, it's certainly within my power, but that little Wildclaw barely interests me."
Despite this, a pressing gaze stares right at Jaf, as if waiting for some sort of confirmation, but for what part of her telling, who knows. The creature yawned, a chorusing siren song around the area, muffled so slightly by the fog bound and wafting mistily over the earth.
"I don't kill children, I'll have you know." The voice hummed, seemingly uninterested. "I simply... preserve them, if you will. Otherwise, we're quite similar. Your oddball dark magic is enough to make that claim." The voice became a whisper, like the wind tapping against the window, "After all, who can learn such a deathly talent?"
The voice fell even lower, and lower still, until it was barely even a sound.
"Only demons."

@Nicolas

I'm going out on a whim here, but I'm pretty sure I've heard of Japhrimel before. Demons or something. But Fantasia (oh no spoileeers) is just gonna think forever that Jaf is a demon, even if he's like 'lol no you're wrong'. xD

Dun crush mer dreams! >:V xD

EDIT: I forgot to say what I was meaning to say...
I've never actually RP'd with my own characters within Flight Rising myself! You're not alone!
(although... I do have OC's for Pokemon Showdown... ((lol cookie get a life)) ;-; )
A fluctuating purr rang out from the creature behind him, a mix of satisfaction and laughter.
"Oh, sweet heart, I'm not stupid enough to see that you're truly worried about the poor dear." She chuckled. "In fact, it's quite the opposite. I'm more so interested myself in what would happen in your dearest 'Dahlia' happen to die on you. Castle Duskhallow -- is it not? -- would be rather upset. Would they turn on you or Clan Hollowsong? Either way, it would be entertaining. I mean, it's certainly within my power, but that little Wildclaw barely interests me."
Despite this, a pressing gaze stares right at Jaf, as if waiting for some sort of confirmation, but for what part of her telling, who knows. The creature yawned, a chorusing siren song around the area, muffled so slightly by the fog bound and wafting mistily over the earth.
"I don't kill children, I'll have you know." The voice hummed, seemingly uninterested. "I simply... preserve them, if you will. Otherwise, we're quite similar. Your oddball dark magic is enough to make that claim." The voice became a whisper, like the wind tapping against the window, "After all, who can learn such a deathly talent?"
The voice fell even lower, and lower still, until it was barely even a sound.
"Only demons."

@Nicolas

I'm going out on a whim here, but I'm pretty sure I've heard of Japhrimel before. Demons or something. But Fantasia (oh no spoileeers) is just gonna think forever that Jaf is a demon, even if he's like 'lol no you're wrong'. xD

Dun crush mer dreams! >:V xD

EDIT: I forgot to say what I was meaning to say...
I've never actually RP'd with my own characters within Flight Rising myself! You're not alone!
(although... I do have OC's for Pokemon Showdown... ((lol cookie get a life)) ;-; )
WISHLIIIIST
"I have been on countless forays with Dahlia before this, nothing bad has happened. The castle trusts my word. Your attempt at trying to stir up discord between our Clans is pathetic, frankly," Jaf replied, scoffing slightly at the denial of murdering hatchlings. "Directly or not, eventual or sudden, you're the cause of their deaths. That's still murder."

Jaf's head twitched slightly, tilting a barely noticeable degree to the side at the accusation. He contemplated those words for a few excruciating seconds before the Wildclaw scoffed again, obviously amused this time around. His head turned so he could just barely look over his shoulder towards where the voice had been originating from this whole time; the glint in his eye would've been bone-chillingly unnerving to any mortal that his gaze rested on.

Jaf's voice was barely a breath of air, tone as deadly as the toothy smirk that appeared on the side of his face hidden from the view of the two Alphas. "You're sharper than I gave you credit for."

@/CookieMayhem
[ SHRUG EMOJI ]
you are correct xD his name is unique so I'm not surprised :P googling it, I immediately see the book series that he comes from lol wHOOPS
"I have been on countless forays with Dahlia before this, nothing bad has happened. The castle trusts my word. Your attempt at trying to stir up discord between our Clans is pathetic, frankly," Jaf replied, scoffing slightly at the denial of murdering hatchlings. "Directly or not, eventual or sudden, you're the cause of their deaths. That's still murder."

Jaf's head twitched slightly, tilting a barely noticeable degree to the side at the accusation. He contemplated those words for a few excruciating seconds before the Wildclaw scoffed again, obviously amused this time around. His head turned so he could just barely look over his shoulder towards where the voice had been originating from this whole time; the glint in his eye would've been bone-chillingly unnerving to any mortal that his gaze rested on.

Jaf's voice was barely a breath of air, tone as deadly as the toothy smirk that appeared on the side of his face hidden from the view of the two Alphas. "You're sharper than I gave you credit for."

@/CookieMayhem
[ SHRUG EMOJI ]
you are correct xD his name is unique so I'm not surprised :P googling it, I immediately see the book series that he comes from lol wHOOPS
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/281514/28151380.png[/img][/center] The Skydancer cocked her head, her paws folded neatly over each other as she sat comfortably on her oversized, glowing mushroom. A small smile appeared on her muzzle, just barely visible under the rim of the patched-up hat that she wore. "Well, we spirits know things, and you should know that yourself, dearie." Her orange-plumed tail rippled in satisfaction. "Isn't that how you came to catch me in the first place?" She laughed again, but so much tamer than before. Come to think about it, the thick fog was beginning to dissipate, the illusive trees pixelating at the edges of their purple leaves. The sing-song hum was fading from the air slowly -- so slowly. "By the way," The dragoness stretched like a cat, the glowing golds and oranges of her feathers bright against the domineering darkness, before she slipped off the shroom to stand elegantly, "I'm sure you're aware of this by now, but I'm Fantasia." Her voice rang loud and clear, touching the ears of Carmin and Chisu, who were too nervous to dare to make a sound. After all, they had heard nothing but unreadable murmurs between the two opposing dragons, and all they know was the intensity of the air. "Now, I must take my leave." She turned, flicking her tail dismissively in Jaf's direction. "These souls won't deliver themselves." The satchel bound to her leg seemed to glow faintly, but the light was buried under the countless wilted flowers. "I have a date with death to catch up to, after all, and a girl like me has no time for such petty vocal games. Toodles~!" And with that, the ghost dived into the shadows, her domain falling and breaking apart around the other dragons like shattered glass. A blinding darkness covered their vision, before the next time they blinked they had regained reality once more. Her song faded from the air completely, whisked away and replaced by the echoing wind that seemed much colder than before. Carmin and Chisu stood seemingly frozen in time, the Mirror still wobbly from the black magic that had long since melted away, and her Fae companion just outright scared. ----- @Nicolas xD I've seen a lot of failures at 'hiding' fan characters in my time, but now that I've actually looked up his name, it's probably the most obvious one I've seen [i]ever[/i], if I'm looking at the right series. Which I probably am.
28151380.png

The Skydancer cocked her head, her paws folded neatly over each other as she sat comfortably on her oversized, glowing mushroom. A small smile appeared on her muzzle, just barely visible under the rim of the patched-up hat that she wore.
"Well, we spirits know things, and you should know that yourself, dearie." Her orange-plumed tail rippled in satisfaction. "Isn't that how you came to catch me in the first place?"
She laughed again, but so much tamer than before. Come to think about it, the thick fog was beginning to dissipate, the illusive trees pixelating at the edges of their purple leaves. The sing-song hum was fading from the air slowly -- so slowly.
"By the way," The dragoness stretched like a cat, the glowing golds and oranges of her feathers bright against the domineering darkness, before she slipped off the shroom to stand elegantly, "I'm sure you're aware of this by now, but I'm Fantasia."

Her voice rang loud and clear, touching the ears of Carmin and Chisu, who were too nervous to dare to make a sound. After all, they had heard nothing but unreadable murmurs between the two opposing dragons, and all they know was the intensity of the air.
"Now, I must take my leave." She turned, flicking her tail dismissively in Jaf's direction. "These souls won't deliver themselves."
The satchel bound to her leg seemed to glow faintly, but the light was buried under the countless wilted flowers.
"I have a date with death to catch up to, after all, and a girl like me has no time for such petty vocal games. Toodles~!"
And with that, the ghost dived into the shadows, her domain falling and breaking apart around the other dragons like shattered glass. A blinding darkness covered their vision, before the next time they blinked they had regained reality once more. Her song faded from the air completely, whisked away and replaced by the echoing wind that seemed much colder than before.

Carmin and Chisu stood seemingly frozen in time, the Mirror still wobbly from the black magic that had long since melted away, and her Fae companion just outright scared.

@Nicolas

xD I've seen a lot of failures at 'hiding' fan characters in my time, but now that I've actually looked up his name, it's probably the most obvious one I've seen ever, if I'm looking at the right series. Which I probably am.
WISHLIIIIST
"That's because spirits tend to be too nosy for their own good," Jaf replied simply, making a noise in his throat when Fantasia formally introduced herself. Something that was unnecessary because he knew she knew that he'd already figured it out, but who was he to break the fragile tradition of spirits being overly dramatic?

Jaf made another scoffing noise, waiting until the magical gloom Fantasia had cast over them dissipated entirely and her presence disappeared before turning his head back towards Chisu and Carmin, his expression schooled into one of minor annoyance at the situation. "By the Deities, I hate dealing with overly-theatrical beings," he said, shaking his head before motioning towards the two Alphas. "Are you two holding up alright? The magic she cast was probably a bit of a sucker punch for the both of you."

@/CookieMayhem
like I said, his name is not commonly used xD if it's the Dante Valentine series you're looking at then yeah, that's the right one lol :P
"That's because spirits tend to be too nosy for their own good," Jaf replied simply, making a noise in his throat when Fantasia formally introduced herself. Something that was unnecessary because he knew she knew that he'd already figured it out, but who was he to break the fragile tradition of spirits being overly dramatic?

Jaf made another scoffing noise, waiting until the magical gloom Fantasia had cast over them dissipated entirely and her presence disappeared before turning his head back towards Chisu and Carmin, his expression schooled into one of minor annoyance at the situation. "By the Deities, I hate dealing with overly-theatrical beings," he said, shaking his head before motioning towards the two Alphas. "Are you two holding up alright? The magic she cast was probably a bit of a sucker punch for the both of you."

@/CookieMayhem
like I said, his name is not commonly used xD if it's the Dante Valentine series you're looking at then yeah, that's the right one lol :P
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
Carmin seemed as perky as ever, though if not a little rattled. Her Fae companion appeared to be some form of terrified as well as exhausted.
"We're fine." Carmin chirped. "And perhaps they have to be dramatic, how else are they going to enjoy being dead?"
"Well, maybe they enjoy killing kids?" Chisu suggested.
Carmin gave him a look of disdain and a hiss, "That's a terrible thing to say! But on a more accurate note, shouldn't we be worried about Dahlia? That black magic must've affected her... somehow? I guess?"
There was a period silence, and neither of the Alphas decided to move. They were more intimidated by Jaf than before -- much, much more than before, and the thought of turning their backs to him after seeing that kind of black magic unnerved them ever so slightly.

@Nicolas

Sorry for the short post! I've been busy with exams, assignments, and more exam revision.
Carmin seemed as perky as ever, though if not a little rattled. Her Fae companion appeared to be some form of terrified as well as exhausted.
"We're fine." Carmin chirped. "And perhaps they have to be dramatic, how else are they going to enjoy being dead?"
"Well, maybe they enjoy killing kids?" Chisu suggested.
Carmin gave him a look of disdain and a hiss, "That's a terrible thing to say! But on a more accurate note, shouldn't we be worried about Dahlia? That black magic must've affected her... somehow? I guess?"
There was a period silence, and neither of the Alphas decided to move. They were more intimidated by Jaf than before -- much, much more than before, and the thought of turning their backs to him after seeing that kind of black magic unnerved them ever so slightly.

@Nicolas

Sorry for the short post! I've been busy with exams, assignments, and more exam revision.
WISHLIIIIST
Jaf made a low, rumbling noise in his throat as he considered their words but otherwise silent. The mention of Dahlia made his gaze shift between the two Alphas for a moment before he shook his head. "Dahlia knows how to take care of herself," he repeated, just as he had said to Fantasia, noting that both dragons before him were extremely unnerved.

The corner of the Wildclaw's mouth twitched up slightly, though the smirk was gone before it could be seen. He moved without prompting, silently making his way back towards where Dahlia should be outside of the bamboo. "Now we know that the purpose for the missing hatchlings is acquisition of their souls, but we still don't know why those are needed. Still, there's a niche few spirits that deal with souls, and that gives us something to work with. It's just a matter of finding the information needed to put an end to this," he said as he walked, filling the silence. "You said that Fantasia was young when she disappeared from the Clan, yes?"

@/CookieMayhem
That's fine! Real life gets in the way sometimes, especially when dealing with school stuff
Jaf made a low, rumbling noise in his throat as he considered their words but otherwise silent. The mention of Dahlia made his gaze shift between the two Alphas for a moment before he shook his head. "Dahlia knows how to take care of herself," he repeated, just as he had said to Fantasia, noting that both dragons before him were extremely unnerved.

The corner of the Wildclaw's mouth twitched up slightly, though the smirk was gone before it could be seen. He moved without prompting, silently making his way back towards where Dahlia should be outside of the bamboo. "Now we know that the purpose for the missing hatchlings is acquisition of their souls, but we still don't know why those are needed. Still, there's a niche few spirits that deal with souls, and that gives us something to work with. It's just a matter of finding the information needed to put an end to this," he said as he walked, filling the silence. "You said that Fantasia was young when she disappeared from the Clan, yes?"

@/CookieMayhem
That's fine! Real life gets in the way sometimes, especially when dealing with school stuff
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
Chisu and Carmin exchanged glances, and this time, the Fae's crest flattened and he bit his lip, either aggravated or nervous. The Mirror, on the other hand, flicked her tail and gave an uncertain nod,
"Yes -- Fantasia was in fact one of the youngest when she disappeared. Which is quite unusual, because even though she was so little, her singing capabilities were fantastic..." The Alpha shook her head, jerking herself back to the situation at hand.
The Mirror bumped herself into a brisk walk behind the Wildclaw, the Fae on her back working his mind.
"You said it yourself," He finally spoke up, his voice high-pitched and uncertain, "There's only a few kinds of spirits who deal with souls. If we can somehow pick apart their roles, I'm sure there'd be a way to get a handle on Fantasia. But what I'm confused about is how we're going to find this information."
"Rather than their roles, we more or less need their motives." Carmin contradicted, sending the Fae back into thought. "But that's even more difficult to figure out."

The silence resumed as the Alphas returned to dwell on the thoughts. Though Carmin trotted loosely behind Jaf, her paws made barely a sound upon the soil, as she was lost in her confusion and the millions of possibilities that came with it. But rather, the question that irked her the most, was,
"Why?"

@Nicolas

I AM SO SORRY. It's been soo long -- I just haven't had the time to do much on FR. But since the school season is beginning to wrap up, everything's relaxing and getting back into the swing of things is much easier. I'm sorry! I hope you didn't think I let the RP die. :(

It's pretty much been a month since...
I'm so, so sorry! >~<
Chisu and Carmin exchanged glances, and this time, the Fae's crest flattened and he bit his lip, either aggravated or nervous. The Mirror, on the other hand, flicked her tail and gave an uncertain nod,
"Yes -- Fantasia was in fact one of the youngest when she disappeared. Which is quite unusual, because even though she was so little, her singing capabilities were fantastic..." The Alpha shook her head, jerking herself back to the situation at hand.
The Mirror bumped herself into a brisk walk behind the Wildclaw, the Fae on her back working his mind.
"You said it yourself," He finally spoke up, his voice high-pitched and uncertain, "There's only a few kinds of spirits who deal with souls. If we can somehow pick apart their roles, I'm sure there'd be a way to get a handle on Fantasia. But what I'm confused about is how we're going to find this information."
"Rather than their roles, we more or less need their motives." Carmin contradicted, sending the Fae back into thought. "But that's even more difficult to figure out."

The silence resumed as the Alphas returned to dwell on the thoughts. Though Carmin trotted loosely behind Jaf, her paws made barely a sound upon the soil, as she was lost in her confusion and the millions of possibilities that came with it. But rather, the question that irked her the most, was,
"Why?"

@Nicolas

I AM SO SORRY. It's been soo long -- I just haven't had the time to do much on FR. But since the school season is beginning to wrap up, everything's relaxing and getting back into the swing of things is much easier. I'm sorry! I hope you didn't think I let the RP die. :(

It's pretty much been a month since...
I'm so, so sorry! >~<
WISHLIIIIST
"It's not really the 'dealing with souls' part that's the mystery, it usually comes down to why they're using those souls. Every spirit has a different motive, but all motives are extremely dark and disturbing in some manner," Jaf said in agreement with Carmin, head turning slightly to give a glance over his shoulder. They broke through the rest of the bamboo forest with no incident, and the sight of Dahlia furiously scribbling something into her journal with a quill was what greeted them once they got back to where Komoku was stanging guard.

She barely even spared them a glance, too busy trying not to lose her train of thought, and Jaf allowed her the silence she wanted to continue her journal musing. He knew better than to distract or interrupt her, especially when she looked extremely intent on her writings.

He instead turned to face the Alphas, speaking in a low, hushed tone so his voice didn't carry too far and interrupt Dahlia. "Was Fantasia dabbling in anything shady before she disappeared, do you know? Was she sneaking away from the clan, maybe seeing anyone?" he asked, his tail falling into that metronome sway again now that he was standing still. "Did she have any possessions she kept from others? Anything she was viciously protective over, almost to an unnatural degree?"

@CookieMayhem
That's completely fine! Like I said, real life gets in the way sometimes :P I got swept up with a job the last month or so that's slowly been killing my feet so I've had something else to focus on during the absence of the rp xD
"It's not really the 'dealing with souls' part that's the mystery, it usually comes down to why they're using those souls. Every spirit has a different motive, but all motives are extremely dark and disturbing in some manner," Jaf said in agreement with Carmin, head turning slightly to give a glance over his shoulder. They broke through the rest of the bamboo forest with no incident, and the sight of Dahlia furiously scribbling something into her journal with a quill was what greeted them once they got back to where Komoku was stanging guard.

She barely even spared them a glance, too busy trying not to lose her train of thought, and Jaf allowed her the silence she wanted to continue her journal musing. He knew better than to distract or interrupt her, especially when she looked extremely intent on her writings.

He instead turned to face the Alphas, speaking in a low, hushed tone so his voice didn't carry too far and interrupt Dahlia. "Was Fantasia dabbling in anything shady before she disappeared, do you know? Was she sneaking away from the clan, maybe seeing anyone?" he asked, his tail falling into that metronome sway again now that he was standing still. "Did she have any possessions she kept from others? Anything she was viciously protective over, almost to an unnatural degree?"

@CookieMayhem
That's completely fine! Like I said, real life gets in the way sometimes :P I got swept up with a job the last month or so that's slowly been killing my feet so I've had something else to focus on during the absence of the rp xD
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
1 2 3 4