Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | :l BestiaWald l: (Open to Apply)
1 2 3
@Canvas @CornixElecti @ Burnmoon @ElveraBasilisk @slothtoast @blackcosmos @Jenkow @SeiryuuJanaisha @Dragonofyang @mimikkyu

Nissa listened quietly to the denizens of the manor stirring from their rooms, and ruminated on the many diverse creatures within the structures. They had always been diverse, but certain similarities seemed to consistently shine through- one being the ability to appear or turn into a human.

Even the creatures of the most animalistic ability posses this ability... I can't say I'm surprised. In this modern age, appearing human is an evolutionary necessity.

Again, this fact made Nissa morose. When she was alive, there was no need to appear human, what with them not being strong enough to oppose the beasts. The sphinx heaved a quiet sigh, but perked when she heard slithering- it wasn't as big as Meiandae, which meant Cather. Perfect. The sphinx turned and padded towards the basilisk, and while she couldn't yet see the serpent, she could sense her.

I have a question for you, Cather, if you care to answer. What circumstances would cause you to glamour yourself human? I have become curious...

It wasn't a riddle, of course- Nissa was always careful to leave her questions open ended- but maybe one day she would quiz someone. Maybe.
@Canvas @CornixElecti @ Burnmoon @ElveraBasilisk @slothtoast @blackcosmos @Jenkow @SeiryuuJanaisha @Dragonofyang @mimikkyu

Nissa listened quietly to the denizens of the manor stirring from their rooms, and ruminated on the many diverse creatures within the structures. They had always been diverse, but certain similarities seemed to consistently shine through- one being the ability to appear or turn into a human.

Even the creatures of the most animalistic ability posses this ability... I can't say I'm surprised. In this modern age, appearing human is an evolutionary necessity.

Again, this fact made Nissa morose. When she was alive, there was no need to appear human, what with them not being strong enough to oppose the beasts. The sphinx heaved a quiet sigh, but perked when she heard slithering- it wasn't as big as Meiandae, which meant Cather. Perfect. The sphinx turned and padded towards the basilisk, and while she couldn't yet see the serpent, she could sense her.

I have a question for you, Cather, if you care to answer. What circumstances would cause you to glamour yourself human? I have become curious...

It wasn't a riddle, of course- Nissa was always careful to leave her questions open ended- but maybe one day she would quiz someone. Maybe.
xGq4e44.png Click my username for my art shop!
@dragonofyang @mimikkyu @slothtoast @cornixelecti @jenkow @burnmoon @seiryuujanaisha @blackcosmos

Meisandae looked among her furrier and shifting counterparts, nodding to them politely as Umheia, followed by Seren, appeared. "Well, well. We're all up, it seems. Perhaps they aren't so naughty children after all, maybe something in the air?"she offered as she looked sidelong at the window down the hall as the stormed raged on. "Hmm,"her brow furrowed as her hips sway, tail setting to motion as she propelled herself towards it to gaze out. She gripped the antique crank, releasing the hook as she pushed the window out slowly. It squealed with age before she leaned her head out to see, long hair waving in tow. "I'm not sure I like this,"she murmur as she looked skyward.

She twist away from the window a half turn, gazing back along the fellow mothers. "Shall we sort by children or nip back to bed whoever we come across?"she chuckled, the end of her tail swaying up as it curled curiously.
@dragonofyang @mimikkyu @slothtoast @cornixelecti @jenkow @burnmoon @seiryuujanaisha @blackcosmos

Meisandae looked among her furrier and shifting counterparts, nodding to them politely as Umheia, followed by Seren, appeared. "Well, well. We're all up, it seems. Perhaps they aren't so naughty children after all, maybe something in the air?"she offered as she looked sidelong at the window down the hall as the stormed raged on. "Hmm,"her brow furrowed as her hips sway, tail setting to motion as she propelled herself towards it to gaze out. She gripped the antique crank, releasing the hook as she pushed the window out slowly. It squealed with age before she leaned her head out to see, long hair waving in tow. "I'm not sure I like this,"she murmur as she looked skyward.

She twist away from the window a half turn, gazing back along the fellow mothers. "Shall we sort by children or nip back to bed whoever we come across?"she chuckled, the end of her tail swaying up as it curled curiously.
tVRq6jk.pngg0hFCu8.pnghmeUSax.png4c85ct1.png
@elverabasilisk @ dragonofyang @mimikkyu @slothtoast @canvas @cornixelecti @jenkow @burnmoon @seiryuujanaisha @blackcosmos

Umheia grinned, fangs flashing even through her glamour. "If there's something in the air maybe my kelpie is on the hunt. I wonder if he's on the hunt for a naughty intruder. Maybe I ought to make sure he's not being distracted from his duties...But perhaps we should tuck the little ones back in bed. After all, if they stray too far, there's no telling what beasties lurk in the dark that might find them." She followed Meisandae to the window, standing on the tips of her toes to peek over her head so she could look out the window.

~~~

Down below, unaware of his audience, Kierin started to eat the cheese, snorting in amusement at Kyzalia's words. "Nobody wit' half a brain, at least. Then again havin' more bones to line the moat couldn't hurt." He glanced at her when he caught sight of her hand coming closer, and instinctively shied away, not wanting her to accidentally touch his fur and get stuck. He knew she was blind, it was fairly obvious, and so he took it upon himself to be extra careful, lest she unintentionally trap herself to him. He had no clue how else to free anybody other than cutting off the part that was stuck, so he left that as a last resort.

"I don't mind bein' out 'ere by m'self, I grew up knowin' this was goin' ta be my life once I was old enough. It's peaceful, plus I get to eat any intruders that actually get to the gate." He blinked some rain away from his eyes and shook his head, spraying more water around as he got his forelock out of his eyes. It couldn't hurt to humor her while he ate, not like he got many breaks as it was. "Well, it looks like it smells. Wet. The ground's black wit' mud, almost lookin' oily with so much rain. It's fallin' with a pretty light like hittin' a key on one a the pianos in the manor. An' the storm clouds are rollin' like thick warm blankets perfect for the winters so cold you'll freeze yer bits off. The trees, if they're actually visible, are black as pitch. no detail aside from the darkness a them."
@elverabasilisk @ dragonofyang @mimikkyu @slothtoast @canvas @cornixelecti @jenkow @burnmoon @seiryuujanaisha @blackcosmos

Umheia grinned, fangs flashing even through her glamour. "If there's something in the air maybe my kelpie is on the hunt. I wonder if he's on the hunt for a naughty intruder. Maybe I ought to make sure he's not being distracted from his duties...But perhaps we should tuck the little ones back in bed. After all, if they stray too far, there's no telling what beasties lurk in the dark that might find them." She followed Meisandae to the window, standing on the tips of her toes to peek over her head so she could look out the window.

~~~

Down below, unaware of his audience, Kierin started to eat the cheese, snorting in amusement at Kyzalia's words. "Nobody wit' half a brain, at least. Then again havin' more bones to line the moat couldn't hurt." He glanced at her when he caught sight of her hand coming closer, and instinctively shied away, not wanting her to accidentally touch his fur and get stuck. He knew she was blind, it was fairly obvious, and so he took it upon himself to be extra careful, lest she unintentionally trap herself to him. He had no clue how else to free anybody other than cutting off the part that was stuck, so he left that as a last resort.

"I don't mind bein' out 'ere by m'self, I grew up knowin' this was goin' ta be my life once I was old enough. It's peaceful, plus I get to eat any intruders that actually get to the gate." He blinked some rain away from his eyes and shook his head, spraying more water around as he got his forelock out of his eyes. It couldn't hurt to humor her while he ate, not like he got many breaks as it was. "Well, it looks like it smells. Wet. The ground's black wit' mud, almost lookin' oily with so much rain. It's fallin' with a pretty light like hittin' a key on one a the pianos in the manor. An' the storm clouds are rollin' like thick warm blankets perfect for the winters so cold you'll freeze yer bits off. The trees, if they're actually visible, are black as pitch. no detail aside from the darkness a them."
M5RokZd.pngslp_icon_by_rexcaliburr-dbmbj35.png

@Elverabasilisk @dragonofyang @mimikkyu @ slothtoast @canvas @cornixelecti @jenkow @burnmoon @seiryuujanaisha @blackcosmos
Cather curled her tail neatly, flicking her forked tongue. "Well." She began. "To disguise yourself, primarily. But, we don't need to do that here. I suppose it's simply preference nowadays." She personally preferred her natural form; much more comfortable. Though, she knew it wasn't uncommon to see certain residents in glamoured form. The unicorn - Kyzalia, she believed - usually seemed to be semi-glamoured in some way.

@Elverabasilisk @dragonofyang @mimikkyu @ slothtoast @canvas @cornixelecti @jenkow @burnmoon @seiryuujanaisha @blackcosmos
Cather curled her tail neatly, flicking her forked tongue. "Well." She began. "To disguise yourself, primarily. But, we don't need to do that here. I suppose it's simply preference nowadays." She personally preferred her natural form; much more comfortable. Though, she knew it wasn't uncommon to see certain residents in glamoured form. The unicorn - Kyzalia, she believed - usually seemed to be semi-glamoured in some way.
Sachiko > sachikosig_by_bajanmightyena-dasisyj.png < by humerussin
@Canvas @ CornixElecti @Burnmoon @ElveraBasilisk @slothtoast @blackcosmos @Jenkow @SeiryuuJanaisha @Dragonofyang @mimikkyu

Seren sighed, "Of course there's something making them wander about. Meisandae with your thinking I feel most of the children get away with more than they should." a hint of affection laced her voice as she padded up to the snake woman and nightmare of a demon. "I can't smell anything..." Seren said after pushing her front paws up on the windowsill and sniffing. her pitch black tail lashed back and forth behind her, "We should go find them, put them to bed. We can't protect all of them if they're scattered about." Seren said, yellow eyes hardening
@Canvas @ CornixElecti @Burnmoon @ElveraBasilisk @slothtoast @blackcosmos @Jenkow @SeiryuuJanaisha @Dragonofyang @mimikkyu

Seren sighed, "Of course there's something making them wander about. Meisandae with your thinking I feel most of the children get away with more than they should." a hint of affection laced her voice as she padded up to the snake woman and nightmare of a demon. "I can't smell anything..." Seren said after pushing her front paws up on the windowsill and sniffing. her pitch black tail lashed back and forth behind her, "We should go find them, put them to bed. We can't protect all of them if they're scattered about." Seren said, yellow eyes hardening
RaffleSig_Full_Ver2.pngRaffleButtonSmall_GIF_2.gif
@CornixElecti @Burnmoon @ElveraBasilisk @slothtoast @blackcosmos @ Jenkow @SeiryuuJanaisha @Dragonofyang @mimikkyu

Xita chuckled, body ever changing. "Why can we not keep them safe if they're out of the rooms?" she smiled, looking at Seren. She could be so hard headed. "The point of this manor was to keep all within its walls safe. And as far as I can tell" she sniffed the air once, "the only one outside our walls is my Kyzalia, however I believe she is in good hands" she chuckled and turned toward Uhmeia "Or should I say good hooves?" She chuckled once more at her own pun.
Kyzalia chuckled. "I won't touch you, I know how that works. I may be blind, but I know my monsters" She smiled, still looking towards the tree line ahead of them, trying to picture what the kelpie is describing. "So you don't get lonely out here?" She felt the rain plastering her hair to her face, and her dress to her thin frame. She chuckled, dropping her glamour she shook out her coat and felt the rain patter against her golden tinted coat.
She swished her tail, feeling the water spray from the tips of it as it swung behind her. "What do you do out here all by yourself? We haven't had a human show up here for a while..." she was truly curious, what could he do out here all day every day when there wasn't much to protect them from?
@CornixElecti @Burnmoon @ElveraBasilisk @slothtoast @blackcosmos @ Jenkow @SeiryuuJanaisha @Dragonofyang @mimikkyu

Xita chuckled, body ever changing. "Why can we not keep them safe if they're out of the rooms?" she smiled, looking at Seren. She could be so hard headed. "The point of this manor was to keep all within its walls safe. And as far as I can tell" she sniffed the air once, "the only one outside our walls is my Kyzalia, however I believe she is in good hands" she chuckled and turned toward Uhmeia "Or should I say good hooves?" She chuckled once more at her own pun.
Kyzalia chuckled. "I won't touch you, I know how that works. I may be blind, but I know my monsters" She smiled, still looking towards the tree line ahead of them, trying to picture what the kelpie is describing. "So you don't get lonely out here?" She felt the rain plastering her hair to her face, and her dress to her thin frame. She chuckled, dropping her glamour she shook out her coat and felt the rain patter against her golden tinted coat.
She swished her tail, feeling the water spray from the tips of it as it swung behind her. "What do you do out here all by yourself? We haven't had a human show up here for a while..." she was truly curious, what could he do out here all day every day when there wasn't much to protect them from?
3qKDKeH.png
@CornixElecti @ Burnmoon @ElveraBasilisk @slothtoast @blackcosmos @Jenkow @SeiryuuJanaisha @Dragonofyang @mimikkyu

The sphinx listened pensively to the basilisk's reply, and gave a jerked motion of her head to convey understanding. Yes, a human disguise was especially useful these days, she supposed. Nissa knew that these days, humans were technologically advanced to the point that most monsters could likely be subdued with ease- Nissa knew for a fact that she wasn't going to be causing any trouble for them any time soon. Speaking of trouble, Nissa was starting to feel discontent among the wardens of this place... but she wasn't concerned. The night was a natural brooding ground for all manner of creatures such as them, wasn't it?

Yes, naturally... I do often wonder what it would be like, to walk among the humans. Maybe one of these days, we will be given the chance, yes?
@CornixElecti @ Burnmoon @ElveraBasilisk @slothtoast @blackcosmos @Jenkow @SeiryuuJanaisha @Dragonofyang @mimikkyu

The sphinx listened pensively to the basilisk's reply, and gave a jerked motion of her head to convey understanding. Yes, a human disguise was especially useful these days, she supposed. Nissa knew that these days, humans were technologically advanced to the point that most monsters could likely be subdued with ease- Nissa knew for a fact that she wasn't going to be causing any trouble for them any time soon. Speaking of trouble, Nissa was starting to feel discontent among the wardens of this place... but she wasn't concerned. The night was a natural brooding ground for all manner of creatures such as them, wasn't it?

Yes, naturally... I do often wonder what it would be like, to walk among the humans. Maybe one of these days, we will be given the chance, yes?
xGq4e44.png Click my username for my art shop!

Meisandae knew she sounded a bit too controlling but she couldn't shake the sensation on the tip of her tongue as it flickered at the open air. However, she surrendered to Xita's words and looked back to the fellow mother with a nod. "I believe I'll survey outside of the manor grounds--peruse on what's changed, anyhow. I need to stretch my 'legs'," she joked, absently looking to Seren as she reached and gave her tail an affectionate stroke while it sway.

As her body slid from the window, the hiss of her tail on marble turned to a firm click--two clicks. Serpentine was replaced with human, nudity replaced with flowing dark gowns and a pair of heels beneath them. Her lips puckered thoughtfully, brushing thick waves of dark hair from her shoulder. "If anyone should like to come along, I'll also be stopping by the menagerie...pet store,"she corrected with a roll of her eyes. Humans and their simplified vocabulary..

Meisandae knew she sounded a bit too controlling but she couldn't shake the sensation on the tip of her tongue as it flickered at the open air. However, she surrendered to Xita's words and looked back to the fellow mother with a nod. "I believe I'll survey outside of the manor grounds--peruse on what's changed, anyhow. I need to stretch my 'legs'," she joked, absently looking to Seren as she reached and gave her tail an affectionate stroke while it sway.

As her body slid from the window, the hiss of her tail on marble turned to a firm click--two clicks. Serpentine was replaced with human, nudity replaced with flowing dark gowns and a pair of heels beneath them. Her lips puckered thoughtfully, brushing thick waves of dark hair from her shoulder. "If anyone should like to come along, I'll also be stopping by the menagerie...pet store,"she corrected with a roll of her eyes. Humans and their simplified vocabulary..
tVRq6jk.pngg0hFCu8.pnghmeUSax.png4c85ct1.png
@ dragonofyang @mimikkyu @slothtoast @ElveraBasilisk @cornixelecti @jenkow @burnmoon @seiryuujanaisha @blackcosmos

Umheia hopped back as Meisandae turned, her bony bird feet scraping against the smooth floor. She scratched the base of one horn before letting her glamour return and she was scratching her head covered in thick inky black hair. "The haunting hour is nigh, the pretty unicorn will be safe another night yet."

At the mention of going to the petstore, Umheia grinned and brushed her skirts free of dust, the translucent fabric fluttering around her. "Let's go and see what the little humans have come up with. Such small creatures to take care of even smaller ones."

~~~

Kierin snorted, too many years of habitually moving away from others if they came too close kept him from trusting the judgement of others. "I prefer it. Us kelpies don't belong indoors away from water. We belong out here, in the water an' in the night." As he spoke he stomped his hoof, shaking water free of the feathering that dragged on the ground. Much as he loved the storms, he preferred watching them from beneath the water.

"I stand guard, warn away superstitious folk by simply standin' around, or I chase off intruders." Same answer as before, his contract stipulated that he not reveal many details, and with his bridle in his master's hold he couldn't break that, so he just returned his attention to the land beyond the warding and glamours, ears twitching every which way.
@ dragonofyang @mimikkyu @slothtoast @ElveraBasilisk @cornixelecti @jenkow @burnmoon @seiryuujanaisha @blackcosmos

Umheia hopped back as Meisandae turned, her bony bird feet scraping against the smooth floor. She scratched the base of one horn before letting her glamour return and she was scratching her head covered in thick inky black hair. "The haunting hour is nigh, the pretty unicorn will be safe another night yet."

At the mention of going to the petstore, Umheia grinned and brushed her skirts free of dust, the translucent fabric fluttering around her. "Let's go and see what the little humans have come up with. Such small creatures to take care of even smaller ones."

~~~

Kierin snorted, too many years of habitually moving away from others if they came too close kept him from trusting the judgement of others. "I prefer it. Us kelpies don't belong indoors away from water. We belong out here, in the water an' in the night." As he spoke he stomped his hoof, shaking water free of the feathering that dragged on the ground. Much as he loved the storms, he preferred watching them from beneath the water.

"I stand guard, warn away superstitious folk by simply standin' around, or I chase off intruders." Same answer as before, his contract stipulated that he not reveal many details, and with his bridle in his master's hold he couldn't break that, so he just returned his attention to the land beyond the warding and glamours, ears twitching every which way.
M5RokZd.pngslp_icon_by_rexcaliburr-dbmbj35.png
1 2 3