Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | LF casual roleplay partner(s)
1 2
Hello! I'm looking for some people to rp with, I personally like 1x1 things the most, but a small group wouldn't be bad either. HOWEVER. I need someone willing to kick my ***. Not in a literal sense, but I've got 4 more days of summer, and while I love rping, I get busy and sometimes need a reminder on when its my turn to respond. (I take no offense to prodding, don't worry!)

I have tons of ocs, for all sorts of situations and a few fandom ones too, but while I'm down for things like animal ears/features/heads, shape-shifting, and were-creatures, but I'm not comfortable with full-on furry or anything nsfw/sexual. Romance is good though!

Length-wise I tend to match what I'm sent, and I'm best at literate stuff with 1-3 short paragraphs per reply. I don't need any Ebony-darkness level details. :>

I guess some things I like are : OCs, FMA, Soul Eater, pokemon (esp spin off series like pkmn ranger and explorers), Kekkai Sensen, Avengers, Boku no Hero Academia, HxH, and warrior cats? I'm just here for a good time and I'm willing to try new things.

So, now that I've typed out my terrible OK-cupid esq spiel, would anyone be interested in an RP?
Hello! I'm looking for some people to rp with, I personally like 1x1 things the most, but a small group wouldn't be bad either. HOWEVER. I need someone willing to kick my ***. Not in a literal sense, but I've got 4 more days of summer, and while I love rping, I get busy and sometimes need a reminder on when its my turn to respond. (I take no offense to prodding, don't worry!)

I have tons of ocs, for all sorts of situations and a few fandom ones too, but while I'm down for things like animal ears/features/heads, shape-shifting, and were-creatures, but I'm not comfortable with full-on furry or anything nsfw/sexual. Romance is good though!

Length-wise I tend to match what I'm sent, and I'm best at literate stuff with 1-3 short paragraphs per reply. I don't need any Ebony-darkness level details. :>

I guess some things I like are : OCs, FMA, Soul Eater, pokemon (esp spin off series like pkmn ranger and explorers), Kekkai Sensen, Avengers, Boku no Hero Academia, HxH, and warrior cats? I'm just here for a good time and I'm willing to try new things.

So, now that I've typed out my terrible OK-cupid esq spiel, would anyone be interested in an RP?
@superpapershark

Would you be up for a FR RP? I do have gijinka and shifter OCs and I'd be willing to do a plot involving them, but I'm most comfortable RPing dragons ^^
@superpapershark

Would you be up for a FR RP? I do have gijinka and shifter OCs and I'd be willing to do a plot involving them, but I'm most comfortable RPing dragons ^^
gM1MTf9.png
@Toriel
A FR RP sounds awesome to me! PM or forums?
@Toriel
A FR RP sounds awesome to me! PM or forums?
@superpapershark

Forums would be great! Do you want to make the thread, or should I? Do you have any particular genres or plot scenarios you're interested in?
@superpapershark

Forums would be great! Do you want to make the thread, or should I? Do you have any particular genres or plot scenarios you're interested in?
gM1MTf9.png
@Toriel

You can go ahead! And it all depends on what you want to do- I'm very lazy at actually typing out lore but my clan ranges from dragons like Sero who is runs a giant hotel and is sexist against men, to Brady an aspiring witch and part-time musician, and all things in between. So we can really just mess around until something feels right. Do you have any ideas on what you'd like to do?
@Toriel

You can go ahead! And it all depends on what you want to do- I'm very lazy at actually typing out lore but my clan ranges from dragons like Sero who is runs a giant hotel and is sexist against men, to Brady an aspiring witch and part-time musician, and all things in between. So we can really just mess around until something feels right. Do you have any ideas on what you'd like to do?
@superpapershark

No, not really. If you'd like, I can put up a list of characters + context and possible interactions, and you can do the same? Most of mine (up to the second or third page) have written descriptions, and here's Clan Rosary's basic lore if you'd be interested in a general alliance / trade partners / "Hey, that guy I helped last week also said he was from that Light hotel, that's a funny coincidence. You think that's worth sending an ambassador out for?" scenario.
@superpapershark

No, not really. If you'd like, I can put up a list of characters + context and possible interactions, and you can do the same? Most of mine (up to the second or third page) have written descriptions, and here's Clan Rosary's basic lore if you'd be interested in a general alliance / trade partners / "Hey, that guy I helped last week also said he was from that Light hotel, that's a funny coincidence. You think that's worth sending an ambassador out for?" scenario.
gM1MTf9.png
@Toriel

Just ping me in the forum tonight, and tomorrow morning I'll write up my side of characters+context! :D
@Toriel

Just ping me in the forum tonight, and tomorrow morning I'll write up my side of characters+context! :D
@superpapershark

Gotcha! I'd like to keep pre-RP discussion on this thread and put the actual RPing on a new one, so I'll post the list of characters here. What's your timezone, by the way?
@superpapershark

Gotcha! I'd like to keep pre-RP discussion on this thread and put the actual RPing on a new one, so I'll post the list of characters here. What's your timezone, by the way?
gM1MTf9.png
@superpapershark

Here's a few I find especially interesting / have RP'ed before. I summarised what's going on with them - the RP interactions can come during any point (and after) the timeline. I tried to keep it short but this post turned out super long anyway :p

Jiwoo is Clan Rosary’s leader, and generally stressed 24/7. Running a business that’s grown as big and far-reaching as Rosary has pushed her to the limit, not that she’ll show it. Duskshine is her only confidante, a dissociating spacetime mess slash extremely stressed time traveller. Nobody knows why Jiwoo keeps her around, seeing as she contributes nothing to Rosary (though the Coatls keep using words like seer and consort).

Adair is the last of Rosary’s old guard, only allowed to stay because he lost all personal connections after his Charge was lost in a magical accident. He can be roused to action, but for the most part he’s all reminiscence and deep, nearly incomprehensible philosophical talk.

Skyler is a very old spellcaster who’s done some dubious things for the sake of thoroughness. Recently exiled from the Starfall Isles, she helped Rosary carve out and heatproof their new clan under the Great Furnace in exchange for housing and being left alone to her own experiments. Naboo is an ancient Shade-possessed beast Skyler found deep within the Crystalspine Reaches’ cave system, spelled and brought to Rosary to act as some sort of guard dog. Skyler doesn’t care much for him and will loan him out to anyone who pays.

Ammolite is a Lightning-born guide who’s dedicated her life to helping prisoners escape from the Fortress of Ends. Tristan is the restrained high-ranking prison warden that makes her job much easier than it might have been, while secretly admiring her dedication and drive. Some of the dragons they rescue are (or were) high-ranking, and Ammolite made a deal with Rosary to have them shipped safely away in exchange for any reward they might provide.

Fonias is supposedly a murderer, but in actuality he’s just a really creepy guy. He has a cottage at the base of the Cloudscape Crags, and lets Ammolite use it in exchange for not siccing the Icewarden’s guards on him.

Casper's a reckless archeologist who regularly forays to abandoned ruins for a living. His endless wanderlust combined with a critical lack of foresight puts him in dangerous situations disturbingly often. Unfortunately for Angela's blood pressure, Jiwoo won't dissuade Casper from going abroad - nominally so he can continue his scouting work, but probably in the hopes that he'll forge a new alliance in Rosary's name.

Jane is an alchemist who loves nothing more than creating and "adjusting" spells to fit his specifications. Normally you'd hire a licensed professional to enchant whatever you need, but Jane thinks limiting himself to one variety of spellcasting is really damn boring. So far he's patented several dozen spells, presented at yearly conferences, and even pinned down a job as head scientist of Rosary in between his many magical experiments. (Considering he uses himself as a test subject, it's a miracle Jane hasn't blown himself up yet.)

Isabelline is a full-time courier on loan from a Light postal agency. She’s not the brightest Skydancer, maybe, but if you give her a package and an address you can be damned sure she’ll deliver it.

Cassidy and Caspian are merchant twins who, confusingly, both answer to Cas. Cassidy is the robust adventurer and Caspian is the introspective, no-nonsense negotiator, but they’re both savvy entrepreneurs who take no **** and kick plenty of ***. (Funnily enough, their adopted (and estranged) siblings - tomb raider slash archeologist Casper and swamp witch Angela - echo this dynamic.) They're both part of this Regency AU!

Madder is a maddeningly composed blood apostate who speaks in riddles and has ~*hidden motivations*~. Alaina is a sarcastic thief following him around under the pretence of having amnesia because have you taken a look at his cape, that ****’s expensive. They go around swindling people and occasionally breaking necks at bar taverns.
[TBC?]

Cheat sheet:

Warriors: Jiwoo, Adair, Mercury
Spellcasters: Duskshine, Mal, Skyler, Angela
Diplomats: Annala (+Nysl), Matthias, Sandwyrm (beastclan)
Scientists: Jane, Curie, Gaster
Entertainers: M, Yosei
Guards: Valeria, Voltaic, Helvetica, Arless
Agents: Echnida, Seph, Casper
Medics: Nacre (potioneer) Dresden, Zachariah
Other: Isabelline (messenger), Surya (front desk), Veins and Naboo (respectively feral and Shade-possessed guards), Varia (Shadow informant / mercenary for hire), Lisa (photographer)

Unaffiliated: Cassidy, Caspian, Alaina, Madder, Nemora (only in the sense that she's not hired), Amaroq
Rosary's affiliates: Ammolite/Tristan/Fonias, the Outsiders
@superpapershark

Here's a few I find especially interesting / have RP'ed before. I summarised what's going on with them - the RP interactions can come during any point (and after) the timeline. I tried to keep it short but this post turned out super long anyway :p

Jiwoo is Clan Rosary’s leader, and generally stressed 24/7. Running a business that’s grown as big and far-reaching as Rosary has pushed her to the limit, not that she’ll show it. Duskshine is her only confidante, a dissociating spacetime mess slash extremely stressed time traveller. Nobody knows why Jiwoo keeps her around, seeing as she contributes nothing to Rosary (though the Coatls keep using words like seer and consort).

Adair is the last of Rosary’s old guard, only allowed to stay because he lost all personal connections after his Charge was lost in a magical accident. He can be roused to action, but for the most part he’s all reminiscence and deep, nearly incomprehensible philosophical talk.

Skyler is a very old spellcaster who’s done some dubious things for the sake of thoroughness. Recently exiled from the Starfall Isles, she helped Rosary carve out and heatproof their new clan under the Great Furnace in exchange for housing and being left alone to her own experiments. Naboo is an ancient Shade-possessed beast Skyler found deep within the Crystalspine Reaches’ cave system, spelled and brought to Rosary to act as some sort of guard dog. Skyler doesn’t care much for him and will loan him out to anyone who pays.

Ammolite is a Lightning-born guide who’s dedicated her life to helping prisoners escape from the Fortress of Ends. Tristan is the restrained high-ranking prison warden that makes her job much easier than it might have been, while secretly admiring her dedication and drive. Some of the dragons they rescue are (or were) high-ranking, and Ammolite made a deal with Rosary to have them shipped safely away in exchange for any reward they might provide.

Fonias is supposedly a murderer, but in actuality he’s just a really creepy guy. He has a cottage at the base of the Cloudscape Crags, and lets Ammolite use it in exchange for not siccing the Icewarden’s guards on him.

Casper's a reckless archeologist who regularly forays to abandoned ruins for a living. His endless wanderlust combined with a critical lack of foresight puts him in dangerous situations disturbingly often. Unfortunately for Angela's blood pressure, Jiwoo won't dissuade Casper from going abroad - nominally so he can continue his scouting work, but probably in the hopes that he'll forge a new alliance in Rosary's name.

Jane is an alchemist who loves nothing more than creating and "adjusting" spells to fit his specifications. Normally you'd hire a licensed professional to enchant whatever you need, but Jane thinks limiting himself to one variety of spellcasting is really damn boring. So far he's patented several dozen spells, presented at yearly conferences, and even pinned down a job as head scientist of Rosary in between his many magical experiments. (Considering he uses himself as a test subject, it's a miracle Jane hasn't blown himself up yet.)

Isabelline is a full-time courier on loan from a Light postal agency. She’s not the brightest Skydancer, maybe, but if you give her a package and an address you can be damned sure she’ll deliver it.

Cassidy and Caspian are merchant twins who, confusingly, both answer to Cas. Cassidy is the robust adventurer and Caspian is the introspective, no-nonsense negotiator, but they’re both savvy entrepreneurs who take no **** and kick plenty of ***. (Funnily enough, their adopted (and estranged) siblings - tomb raider slash archeologist Casper and swamp witch Angela - echo this dynamic.) They're both part of this Regency AU!

Madder is a maddeningly composed blood apostate who speaks in riddles and has ~*hidden motivations*~. Alaina is a sarcastic thief following him around under the pretence of having amnesia because have you taken a look at his cape, that ****’s expensive. They go around swindling people and occasionally breaking necks at bar taverns.
[TBC?]

Cheat sheet:

Warriors: Jiwoo, Adair, Mercury
Spellcasters: Duskshine, Mal, Skyler, Angela
Diplomats: Annala (+Nysl), Matthias, Sandwyrm (beastclan)
Scientists: Jane, Curie, Gaster
Entertainers: M, Yosei
Guards: Valeria, Voltaic, Helvetica, Arless
Agents: Echnida, Seph, Casper
Medics: Nacre (potioneer) Dresden, Zachariah
Other: Isabelline (messenger), Surya (front desk), Veins and Naboo (respectively feral and Shade-possessed guards), Varia (Shadow informant / mercenary for hire), Lisa (photographer)

Unaffiliated: Cassidy, Caspian, Alaina, Madder, Nemora (only in the sense that she's not hired), Amaroq
Rosary's affiliates: Ammolite/Tristan/Fonias, the Outsiders
gM1MTf9.png
@superpapershark, I love to RP nearly anything! However, I'd prefer it if we could do a RP over skype if you have a skype. :D
@superpapershark, I love to RP nearly anything! However, I'd prefer it if we could do a RP over skype if you have a skype. :D
1 2