Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Forgotten Catacombs [SU RP]
1 2
@StarlitLion
@Seiko
@Toriel
@Alpine
@ Aretimes

She'd just been staring off into space this whole time--she'd even missed the regeneration that went on right behind her--and muttering every now and then as she fiddled with the grate. It was quite sturdy, and she wasn't even making a dent in it. Let alone budge it from it's steadfast hold in the wall.

Blue was... an odd creature, that was for sure. Sandstones were mostly tall, frightening warriors and looked like they could crush boulders with their teeth. But... Blue was no such thing. A tiny little dancer, with almost Pearl-like proportions. She was surprised no one had ever mistaken her for one.

The Sandstone paused, a voice from behind breaking her from the little world she was in. The Gem looked back, seeing... hm. She had seen many types of Gems, but never got to know their names. Blue Diamond had always kept her close... away from the dangers outside the carriage that the Diamond never left.

The Gem looked to the other, blinking once. She looked back to the wall, putting a hand on it. "... 'Fraid not..." she admitted. "I can only guess, really... guessing isn't often safe, but, it's all I have," her tone was almost prophetic, as if she were murmuring about something long lost. "... These stones seem rather thick..."

Her gaze went to the door, and a small smile crossed her face. "... The doors. Doors swing open and closed," and that was all she said on the matter, before trotting past the teal colored Gem, and up to the door.

It had a barred window at the top, so, this would be a little tougher then she first thought. But, the tricky little Gem knelt down, looking for the hinges. If she could just dislodge the pin... then the door would just fall right off! Right? That's how it worked, right??

No matter. It was something to keep her hands occupied for the time being.
@StarlitLion
@Seiko
@Toriel
@Alpine
@ Aretimes

She'd just been staring off into space this whole time--she'd even missed the regeneration that went on right behind her--and muttering every now and then as she fiddled with the grate. It was quite sturdy, and she wasn't even making a dent in it. Let alone budge it from it's steadfast hold in the wall.

Blue was... an odd creature, that was for sure. Sandstones were mostly tall, frightening warriors and looked like they could crush boulders with their teeth. But... Blue was no such thing. A tiny little dancer, with almost Pearl-like proportions. She was surprised no one had ever mistaken her for one.

The Sandstone paused, a voice from behind breaking her from the little world she was in. The Gem looked back, seeing... hm. She had seen many types of Gems, but never got to know their names. Blue Diamond had always kept her close... away from the dangers outside the carriage that the Diamond never left.

The Gem looked to the other, blinking once. She looked back to the wall, putting a hand on it. "... 'Fraid not..." she admitted. "I can only guess, really... guessing isn't often safe, but, it's all I have," her tone was almost prophetic, as if she were murmuring about something long lost. "... These stones seem rather thick..."

Her gaze went to the door, and a small smile crossed her face. "... The doors. Doors swing open and closed," and that was all she said on the matter, before trotting past the teal colored Gem, and up to the door.

It had a barred window at the top, so, this would be a little tougher then she first thought. But, the tricky little Gem knelt down, looking for the hinges. If she could just dislodge the pin... then the door would just fall right off! Right? That's how it worked, right??

No matter. It was something to keep her hands occupied for the time being.
tumblr_inline_p157m551951tc3swm_540.png Achilles / Steven
. He / Thae / They / It » 1999
. Writer » Artist » Roleplayer
. FR +3 » Offline Weekends
d7a3cb0282df8d26e64689d7b0448262176660d8.png

Turquoise tilted their head. Doors?

The Sandstone ignored them, and Turquoise felt a flash of indignation which they ignored in favour of thinking furiously.

Thick. That wasn't good. They were deep underground, and a blow to the foundations at that level might cause the ceiling to collapse in around them. But if the Sandstone could sense a door, so much the better: that'd be easier to get open.

Turquoise lit their gem - a oval cabochon, with copper streaks - and faced the direction of the wall so that the Sandstone could see better.

"What's your facet and designation?" they asked, putting some urgency in their tone.

Turquoise tilted their head. Doors?

The Sandstone ignored them, and Turquoise felt a flash of indignation which they ignored in favour of thinking furiously.

Thick. That wasn't good. They were deep underground, and a blow to the foundations at that level might cause the ceiling to collapse in around them. But if the Sandstone could sense a door, so much the better: that'd be easier to get open.

Turquoise lit their gem - a oval cabochon, with copper streaks - and faced the direction of the wall so that the Sandstone could see better.

"What's your facet and designation?" they asked, putting some urgency in their tone.
gM1MTf9.png
@StarlitLion
@Seiko
@Toriel
@Alpine
@ Aretimes

The suddenness of light was rather welcome, through Blue squinted harshly and even scrunched up when it hit her. Being able to see better was nice, though. The door was solid looking, a grate at the top of it. She put a hand on it, tracing the slabs of wood with her fingertips, as the other Gem asked for her facet and designation.

"... The Peridot called me Blue Sandstone, Facet-9F5, Cut-7XQ," the Sandstone murmured. She smiled a few moments later. "But, She calls me Blue. Says it suits me."

She. The Rebellion leader, of course. The eccentric Gem rather refer to Rose as "She," or "Her." The reason was a bit blurry, but, it was possibly so Homeworld didn't know her leader's name. Or... perhaps it was because the Sandstone was a bit... out there.

Hands fumbling around with the grace of an artist, the Sandstone was unsure where the... things that made the door swing, where located. Whatever they were called, she didn't know the word for them.
@StarlitLion
@Seiko
@Toriel
@Alpine
@ Aretimes

The suddenness of light was rather welcome, through Blue squinted harshly and even scrunched up when it hit her. Being able to see better was nice, though. The door was solid looking, a grate at the top of it. She put a hand on it, tracing the slabs of wood with her fingertips, as the other Gem asked for her facet and designation.

"... The Peridot called me Blue Sandstone, Facet-9F5, Cut-7XQ," the Sandstone murmured. She smiled a few moments later. "But, She calls me Blue. Says it suits me."

She. The Rebellion leader, of course. The eccentric Gem rather refer to Rose as "She," or "Her." The reason was a bit blurry, but, it was possibly so Homeworld didn't know her leader's name. Or... perhaps it was because the Sandstone was a bit... out there.

Hands fumbling around with the grace of an artist, the Sandstone was unsure where the... things that made the door swing, where located. Whatever they were called, she didn't know the word for them.

"That's very nice," Turquoise said dryly, "but I was asking you for your designation, Sandstone. As in, where were you stationed?"

There. Facet numbers were used by instructors, shipmates, and troop-members: varieties were for comrades, small-enough barracks, and Rubies who didn't know any better. Sandstone was a conscious compromise, but Turquoise couldn’t tell if they had been understood.

Turquoise stood closer to Sandstone, scanning the door up and down with their gem. Now that they were looking they could see a faint discrepancy of colour, and they knelt to feel the door. It was, to their surprise, organic. Three neat holes were punched near the bottom, filled in with some kind of sealant.

At any rate, they didn't seem to be making much progress. Turquoise rose to their feet.

"Try shapeshifting and feeling the other side." they said. "If that doesn't work, then I'll burn down the door."

"That's very nice," Turquoise said dryly, "but I was asking you for your designation, Sandstone. As in, where were you stationed?"

There. Facet numbers were used by instructors, shipmates, and troop-members: varieties were for comrades, small-enough barracks, and Rubies who didn't know any better. Sandstone was a conscious compromise, but Turquoise couldn’t tell if they had been understood.

Turquoise stood closer to Sandstone, scanning the door up and down with their gem. Now that they were looking they could see a faint discrepancy of colour, and they knelt to feel the door. It was, to their surprise, organic. Three neat holes were punched near the bottom, filled in with some kind of sealant.

At any rate, they didn't seem to be making much progress. Turquoise rose to their feet.

"Try shapeshifting and feeling the other side." they said. "If that doesn't work, then I'll burn down the door."
gM1MTf9.png
@StarlitLion
@Seiko
@Toriel
@Alpine
@ Aretimes

She stopped, feeling where the wood ended and the metal began. Here we go... Blue tried to pry the metal away, but it was just as steadfast as the grate on the wall. She paused, eyes flicking up to the other Gem as they spoke.

Oh, where she was stationed. Right. They must have thought she was still Homeworld allied... it was understandable that someone would assume as such, even if she had discarded the diamond logo. After all, Sandstones were used by all the Diamonds--like Rubies. Just... more beefy.

The light was shone down on the door, and Blue squinted again. "Ah-" the Sandstone nodded, before a smile suddenly played across her face. OH, she could make a pun! "That sheds some light," her smile welled up into the stupidest of grins, and she looked at the other Gem, expecting her to laugh.

"Before, I was stationed by Blue Diamond," the blue hued Gem looked back to her work. "You probably think I'm still with Them. It's alright--everyone makes mistakes like that about me."

She stared at the door, almost as if the sheer force of her gaze would knock it down. "... Can't fit a hand under or through... burning, yes, the burning thing could work," she decided, standing up.
@StarlitLion
@Seiko
@Toriel
@Alpine
@ Aretimes

She stopped, feeling where the wood ended and the metal began. Here we go... Blue tried to pry the metal away, but it was just as steadfast as the grate on the wall. She paused, eyes flicking up to the other Gem as they spoke.

Oh, where she was stationed. Right. They must have thought she was still Homeworld allied... it was understandable that someone would assume as such, even if she had discarded the diamond logo. After all, Sandstones were used by all the Diamonds--like Rubies. Just... more beefy.

The light was shone down on the door, and Blue squinted again. "Ah-" the Sandstone nodded, before a smile suddenly played across her face. OH, she could make a pun! "That sheds some light," her smile welled up into the stupidest of grins, and she looked at the other Gem, expecting her to laugh.

"Before, I was stationed by Blue Diamond," the blue hued Gem looked back to her work. "You probably think I'm still with Them. It's alright--everyone makes mistakes like that about me."

She stared at the door, almost as if the sheer force of her gaze would knock it down. "... Can't fit a hand under or through... burning, yes, the burning thing could work," she decided, standing up.
@StarlitLion @Seiko @Toriel @Aretimes

(sorry for the late reply!)

ONYX

"Except when it's annoying.." Onyx muttered. His hands gripped the iron bars, face pressing against them lightly.

"How the heck did we all get captured? And where exactly are we?" Releasing another frustrated sigh, Onyx started examining his surroundings. Scouting, since that WAS his job on this miserable planet.

He made mental notes of how dark it was, how far the torches were from the cells, the height of the ceilings, how thick the stones could be, how far he was from the other cells, the thickness of the iron bars, how tall the door was.

It was all taken in with a few brief glances around. There had to be some water source above, because in Onyx and Kyanite's cell moss was growing at the tops of the stones. No windows. One barrel, that was being used as a step-stool. Was there anything in the barrel?

Onyx pried one of the barrel slats off and a torrent of dark liquid came rushing out. Onyx gave a disgruntled sigh and a disgusted look at the dark reddish-purple liquid soaking the hem of his pants and shoes.

"Well I can assure you that's not blood." Onyx muttered to himself as he kicked the barrel aside. It's stability had been compromised now that the weight was gone and one of the wooden slats was missing.

"This is stupid." Onyx growled, starting to pace again. "What does IT even want with us? Did the rebellion do this?" Onyx leant against one of the stone walls, crossing his arms and glowering.

AQUAMARINE

"Alrighty then I've had enough. This isn't the Rebellion's fault, I can clarify that much. This is the doing of something different. How do we know it's not Homeworld's fault? A new test project?"

Aquamarine growled in the general direction of Onyx's cell. Beryl's calmer side suddenly echoed through.

"Before we start accusing, we should learn names. Calling each other 'She' 'He' and 'It' isn't very formal." Aquamarine's posture straightened out before she sat down on the floor, ankles crossed. "I am Aquamarine, but you may call me Aqua if you please." Aquamarine's arms were folded in a pleasant, non-threatening way. "We also need to figure a way to break through these doors. They are very, hm, let's say, crudely built. Gems of our experience and technology should be able break through these primitive barriers."

ONYX

"Except when it's annoying.." Onyx muttered. His hands gripped the iron bars, face pressing against them lightly.

"How the heck did we all get captured? And where exactly are we?" Releasing another frustrated sigh, Onyx started examining his surroundings. Scouting, since that WAS his job on this miserable planet.

He made mental notes of how dark it was, how far the torches were from the cells, the height of the ceilings, how thick the stones could be, how far he was from the other cells, the thickness of the iron bars, how tall the door was.

It was all taken in with a few brief glances around. There had to be some water source above, because in Onyx and Kyanite's cell moss was growing at the tops of the stones. No windows. One barrel, that was being used as a step-stool. Was there anything in the barrel?

Onyx pried one of the barrel slats off and a torrent of dark liquid came rushing out. Onyx gave a disgruntled sigh and a disgusted look at the dark reddish-purple liquid soaking the hem of his pants and shoes.

"Well I can assure you that's not blood." Onyx muttered to himself as he kicked the barrel aside. It's stability had been compromised now that the weight was gone and one of the wooden slats was missing.

"This is stupid." Onyx growled, starting to pace again. "What does IT even want with us? Did the rebellion do this?" Onyx leant against one of the stone walls, crossing his arms and glowering.

AQUAMARINE

"Alrighty then I've had enough. This isn't the Rebellion's fault, I can clarify that much. This is the doing of something different. How do we know it's not Homeworld's fault? A new test project?"

Aquamarine growled in the general direction of Onyx's cell. Beryl's calmer side suddenly echoed through.

"Before we start accusing, we should learn names. Calling each other 'She' 'He' and 'It' isn't very formal." Aquamarine's posture straightened out before she sat down on the floor, ankles crossed. "I am Aquamarine, but you may call me Aqua if you please." Aquamarine's arms were folded in a pleasant, non-threatening way. "We also need to figure a way to break through these doors. They are very, hm, let's say, crudely built. Gems of our experience and technology should be able break through these primitive barriers."
@ StarlitLion @Seiko @Toriel @Alpine @Aretimes

Kyanite

Kyanite stuck her tongue out in response to Onyx’s grumbling, though it wasn’t quite visible since she was still facing the wall.

“Well, someone’s obviously gotten pretty good at sneaking up on Gems and poofing them.” Kyanite shuddered as the last sensations she had felt before ending up here rushed back to her. Magnetite yelling from up ahead only to be cut off suddenly. Large, metal-coated arms grabbing her from behind. She had flung a barrier up at her attacker’s head and heard something clatter to the ground, but whatever it was didn’t seem fazed by the blow. Her struggling hadn’t helped much either, kicks merely bouncing off of their armor with hollow clangs. The attacker had squeezed the small Gem against their chest plate, tighter and tighter until her form had dissipated.

Kyanite was brought back to the present by Magnetite’s navigational babbling. She crossed her arms and pushed the memory of having her form crushed away. It was actually only one of a few times she had been poofed. Though she doubted it was something you could get used to.

“Great,” She answered, sounding chipper enough not to betray her discomfort, “So we’re in the one corner of this planet you- Eugh! What is that?”

Kyanite recoiled from whatever had just splashed up all over her boots and legs, forgetting whatever quip she had been about to make. Stars, it smelled horrible! “I don’t care what it isn’t, give me a warning if you’re going to keep dumping things all over the floor like that!”

She attempted to pat her tights dry with her gloves, but to her growing disgust only found herself making more of a sticky mess. She gave up, rubbing her hands together to at least get rid of the stick there. “Of course this isn’t the rebels’ fault! We’re the ones getting Gem-napped all over the place!”

Magnetite

The sudden shift in the Gem next to her’s tone struck Magnetite as odd. She looked over, taking in their large size and multiple eyes as they spoke. Some sort of fusion? she thought, but kept the observation to herself. She wasn’t sure why two Gems would be fused in this sort of situation... Really, she didn't know why two Gems would fuse at all unless they had to. Then again she hadn't had the best experiences with fusion in the past.

“I’m Magnetite, and I’m sure you know that's Kyanite by now,” She said, pointing to herself and then the cell across from them. She was still suspicious, but Aquamarine had a point about having to call each other something. And she'd rather be called by her name than something stupid.

There was a prolonged creeeeaaak from what sounded like the other end of the corridor. It was coming from just past the end of the cell Onyx and Kyanite were in. Something clomped slowly into the room, creaking softly but regularly as it moved. Magnetite ran over to the window facing the hall, but cursed when she realized it was too tall for her, even when she stood on her toes. She scowled and grabbed the grate, bracing her feet against the wall. She looked a bit silly, stubbornly trying to pull herself up onto the window ledge that was clearly too high.

@ StarlitLion @Seiko @Toriel @Alpine @Aretimes

Kyanite

Kyanite stuck her tongue out in response to Onyx’s grumbling, though it wasn’t quite visible since she was still facing the wall.

“Well, someone’s obviously gotten pretty good at sneaking up on Gems and poofing them.” Kyanite shuddered as the last sensations she had felt before ending up here rushed back to her. Magnetite yelling from up ahead only to be cut off suddenly. Large, metal-coated arms grabbing her from behind. She had flung a barrier up at her attacker’s head and heard something clatter to the ground, but whatever it was didn’t seem fazed by the blow. Her struggling hadn’t helped much either, kicks merely bouncing off of their armor with hollow clangs. The attacker had squeezed the small Gem against their chest plate, tighter and tighter until her form had dissipated.

Kyanite was brought back to the present by Magnetite’s navigational babbling. She crossed her arms and pushed the memory of having her form crushed away. It was actually only one of a few times she had been poofed. Though she doubted it was something you could get used to.

“Great,” She answered, sounding chipper enough not to betray her discomfort, “So we’re in the one corner of this planet you- Eugh! What is that?”

Kyanite recoiled from whatever had just splashed up all over her boots and legs, forgetting whatever quip she had been about to make. Stars, it smelled horrible! “I don’t care what it isn’t, give me a warning if you’re going to keep dumping things all over the floor like that!”

She attempted to pat her tights dry with her gloves, but to her growing disgust only found herself making more of a sticky mess. She gave up, rubbing her hands together to at least get rid of the stick there. “Of course this isn’t the rebels’ fault! We’re the ones getting Gem-napped all over the place!”

Magnetite

The sudden shift in the Gem next to her’s tone struck Magnetite as odd. She looked over, taking in their large size and multiple eyes as they spoke. Some sort of fusion? she thought, but kept the observation to herself. She wasn’t sure why two Gems would be fused in this sort of situation... Really, she didn't know why two Gems would fuse at all unless they had to. Then again she hadn't had the best experiences with fusion in the past.

“I’m Magnetite, and I’m sure you know that's Kyanite by now,” She said, pointing to herself and then the cell across from them. She was still suspicious, but Aquamarine had a point about having to call each other something. And she'd rather be called by her name than something stupid.

There was a prolonged creeeeaaak from what sounded like the other end of the corridor. It was coming from just past the end of the cell Onyx and Kyanite were in. Something clomped slowly into the room, creaking softly but regularly as it moved. Magnetite ran over to the window facing the hall, but cursed when she realized it was too tall for her, even when she stood on her toes. She scowled and grabbed the grate, bracing her feet against the wall. She looked a bit silly, stubbornly trying to pull herself up onto the window ledge that was clearly too high.

Turquoise grinned back. They could appreciate a good pun, even if now wasn't the best time for it. Especially if now wasn't the best time for it. Who knew when they'd next get to hear one?

They just tilted their head at the mention of Blue Diamond. Well! She was All-Encompassing and powerful, as all the Diamonds were, but Turquoise privately held a little contempt for Blue. Her court was so... archaic, to the extent that it was almost detached from reality. It even seemed to enjoy clinging to its outdated norms.

Compared to White Diamond's quiet efficiency and Yellow Diamond's military strength and even (though to speak of it would be treason) the former Pink Diamond's enthusiastic verve, as a general rule Turquoise was of the opinion that the court and its members left much to be desired.

This Blue Sandstone was a dreamer. Turquoise had no doubt they'd been a model Gem before they’d been reassigned. They shrugged.

“Alright, I’m burning it down.”

Turquoise drew their gun and loaded it, sliding their goggles over their eyes.

"Also, you might want to duck."

They dropped to their knees. One, two, three -

There was a low boom, and the ceiling shook warningly for a few seconds, but nothing else happened. Turquoise walked over to the door and stuck their hand in the smoking hole, wiggling their fingers before balling them into a fist and striking the burnt edges.

After a few tries it splintered. When Turquoise stood up and kicked the door, the top part split off into two, leaving a lopsided crack just large enough to shapeshift through. A few embers collected at the bottom of the door, smouldering red.

Turquoise briefly shimmered into a smaller form and shimmied into the hole, recoalescing on the other side and peering at the other gem with mischievous eyes.

"Well, that worked!" they said. "Coming through?"

Turquoise grinned back. They could appreciate a good pun, even if now wasn't the best time for it. Especially if now wasn't the best time for it. Who knew when they'd next get to hear one?

They just tilted their head at the mention of Blue Diamond. Well! She was All-Encompassing and powerful, as all the Diamonds were, but Turquoise privately held a little contempt for Blue. Her court was so... archaic, to the extent that it was almost detached from reality. It even seemed to enjoy clinging to its outdated norms.

Compared to White Diamond's quiet efficiency and Yellow Diamond's military strength and even (though to speak of it would be treason) the former Pink Diamond's enthusiastic verve, as a general rule Turquoise was of the opinion that the court and its members left much to be desired.

This Blue Sandstone was a dreamer. Turquoise had no doubt they'd been a model Gem before they’d been reassigned. They shrugged.

“Alright, I’m burning it down.”

Turquoise drew their gun and loaded it, sliding their goggles over their eyes.

"Also, you might want to duck."

They dropped to their knees. One, two, three -

There was a low boom, and the ceiling shook warningly for a few seconds, but nothing else happened. Turquoise walked over to the door and stuck their hand in the smoking hole, wiggling their fingers before balling them into a fist and striking the burnt edges.

After a few tries it splintered. When Turquoise stood up and kicked the door, the top part split off into two, leaving a lopsided crack just large enough to shapeshift through. A few embers collected at the bottom of the door, smouldering red.

Turquoise briefly shimmered into a smaller form and shimmied into the hole, recoalescing on the other side and peering at the other gem with mischievous eyes.

"Well, that worked!" they said. "Coming through?"
gM1MTf9.png

AQUAMARINE

Aquamarine heard the crackling fire. She was glad she was no where near it. Fire was somewhat of a weakness of hers, and she generally stayed away from it.

A thud sounded, followed by the sound of splintering wood. Aqua inhaled and exhaled before rising to her feet. Her foot raised before cracking into the door. It splintered and flew off it's hinges, hitting the wall in front of it. Dust rained from the ceiling, and it shook threateningly.

Aquamarine crouched and ducked through the doorway. She slowly rose to her full height, just to make sure the hallway was big enough to accommodate her giantish form.

"Aye, Magnetite, you coming?"

ONYX

"I shouldn't have to warn you about anything!" Onyx barked. "If I see to do something that I see to be fit, I do it." He crossed his arms, dark eyes burning with frustration. Something clicked in his head, realization settling across his face.

"Step back please." Onyx didn't wait for Kyanite to move. He uncrossed his arms and closed his eyes. His gem glowed white for a second, before turning into a bright spot-light. A skeleton-like shape glowed around Onyx. He took a step back, the creature hardened. It let out a low hiss and lumbered over to the door. Onyx had opened his eyes, they were completely white- like the Skeletal Construct's.

It mimicked Onyx's movements. It grabbed the grate and pulled it off with a rough, jerking motion. The grate was thrown behind the Skeletal Construct, and it clattered on the stone ground.

The creature began feeling around for the door handle, and seeing there was none, stopped and stood stock still. A second creature was formed and Onyx opened his eyes again. His face was tense with concentration. Now with two creatures, Onyx used mental will to control them. The kicked the door and punched it until it weakened, and was defeated knocked down.

The two Constructs shimmered out of existence and Onyx doubled forward, eyes returning to their normal darkness. He leaned against the wall, trying to regain his bearings. "Alright.. There you are." He motioned for Kyanite to walk through the door.

AQUAMARINE

Aquamarine heard the crackling fire. She was glad she was no where near it. Fire was somewhat of a weakness of hers, and she generally stayed away from it.

A thud sounded, followed by the sound of splintering wood. Aqua inhaled and exhaled before rising to her feet. Her foot raised before cracking into the door. It splintered and flew off it's hinges, hitting the wall in front of it. Dust rained from the ceiling, and it shook threateningly.

Aquamarine crouched and ducked through the doorway. She slowly rose to her full height, just to make sure the hallway was big enough to accommodate her giantish form.

"Aye, Magnetite, you coming?"

ONYX

"I shouldn't have to warn you about anything!" Onyx barked. "If I see to do something that I see to be fit, I do it." He crossed his arms, dark eyes burning with frustration. Something clicked in his head, realization settling across his face.

"Step back please." Onyx didn't wait for Kyanite to move. He uncrossed his arms and closed his eyes. His gem glowed white for a second, before turning into a bright spot-light. A skeleton-like shape glowed around Onyx. He took a step back, the creature hardened. It let out a low hiss and lumbered over to the door. Onyx had opened his eyes, they were completely white- like the Skeletal Construct's.

It mimicked Onyx's movements. It grabbed the grate and pulled it off with a rough, jerking motion. The grate was thrown behind the Skeletal Construct, and it clattered on the stone ground.

The creature began feeling around for the door handle, and seeing there was none, stopped and stood stock still. A second creature was formed and Onyx opened his eyes again. His face was tense with concentration. Now with two creatures, Onyx used mental will to control them. The kicked the door and punched it until it weakened, and was defeated knocked down.

The two Constructs shimmered out of existence and Onyx doubled forward, eyes returning to their normal darkness. He leaned against the wall, trying to regain his bearings. "Alright.. There you are." He motioned for Kyanite to walk through the door.

@Seiko @Toriel @Alpine @Aretimes

((It's fine! I was just scared everyone was done tbh ;>.> Sorry about worrying over it so much))

Kyanite

“If I see to do something that I see to be fit, I’ll do it!” Kyanite repeated, mocking Onyx’s tone. Still, she stepped back to let him do whatever he was about to do.

There was the soft sound a Gem makes when expending a lot of energy at once, and then there was something else in the room with them. It hissed and clattered somewhere in front of where she could hear Onyx’s movements. Kyanite waited tensely, hoping this was some part of the other Gem’s plan. She flinched as the grate was thrown near her, and scampered a few more steps in the opposite direction.

There was suddenly more commotion, but it was directed at the door in front of them. Kyanite relaxed, now certain that whatever it was had to be under her cell-mate’s control. There was a final thump, then Onyx announcing that it was down. Kyanite sent a small pulse out to be sure. She felt the opening, Onyx leaning on the wall next to it, and someone just outside. Onyx himself sounded a little winded, but that wasn’t really much of her concern. He’d be fine.

“Huh, well that was some good work! Whatever that was,” She told him as she walked through the door grinning. She stopped just short of running into whomever was in the hallway. “Aqua?” She asked, guessing from their voice that it was the other Gem from the cell across from hers.

Magnetite

There was a muffled ‘bang’ outside, and whatever had entered the corridor was getting closer. Magnetite’s frustration grew. She had to see what was out there, but the window was just too high. Just a little- The sound of screeching metal ripped Magnetite’s focus from the window.

The door was kicked down, and Aquamarine was staring at her from outside the cell. Magnetite hesitated briefly before letting go of the window and dropped back down. Well sure, if I was that strong I would have just done that too… She grumbled internally. All she said out loud, however, was “Yeah.”

She brushed off the grime the bars had left on her hands as she joined the other Gems in the hallway. There wasn’t a lot of room in the small space between cells, at least, not with three Gems trying to crowd into it. There was one more door they would have to knock down before they could get into the main corridor. Something was definitely outside it, clattering more erratically than it had been before. As if it were in a panic over what to do about the Gems around it escaping their cells….

@Seiko @Toriel @Alpine @Aretimes

((It's fine! I was just scared everyone was done tbh ;>.> Sorry about worrying over it so much))

Kyanite

“If I see to do something that I see to be fit, I’ll do it!” Kyanite repeated, mocking Onyx’s tone. Still, she stepped back to let him do whatever he was about to do.

There was the soft sound a Gem makes when expending a lot of energy at once, and then there was something else in the room with them. It hissed and clattered somewhere in front of where she could hear Onyx’s movements. Kyanite waited tensely, hoping this was some part of the other Gem’s plan. She flinched as the grate was thrown near her, and scampered a few more steps in the opposite direction.

There was suddenly more commotion, but it was directed at the door in front of them. Kyanite relaxed, now certain that whatever it was had to be under her cell-mate’s control. There was a final thump, then Onyx announcing that it was down. Kyanite sent a small pulse out to be sure. She felt the opening, Onyx leaning on the wall next to it, and someone just outside. Onyx himself sounded a little winded, but that wasn’t really much of her concern. He’d be fine.

“Huh, well that was some good work! Whatever that was,” She told him as she walked through the door grinning. She stopped just short of running into whomever was in the hallway. “Aqua?” She asked, guessing from their voice that it was the other Gem from the cell across from hers.

Magnetite

There was a muffled ‘bang’ outside, and whatever had entered the corridor was getting closer. Magnetite’s frustration grew. She had to see what was out there, but the window was just too high. Just a little- The sound of screeching metal ripped Magnetite’s focus from the window.

The door was kicked down, and Aquamarine was staring at her from outside the cell. Magnetite hesitated briefly before letting go of the window and dropped back down. Well sure, if I was that strong I would have just done that too… She grumbled internally. All she said out loud, however, was “Yeah.”

She brushed off the grime the bars had left on her hands as she joined the other Gems in the hallway. There wasn’t a lot of room in the small space between cells, at least, not with three Gems trying to crowd into it. There was one more door they would have to knock down before they could get into the main corridor. Something was definitely outside it, clattering more erratically than it had been before. As if it were in a panic over what to do about the Gems around it escaping their cells….

1 2