Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Project Salvation (sign-up thread)(OPEN)
1 2 3 4 5
I did an RP similar to this a [i]long[/i] time ago called War Between Worlds, if anyone remembers that. It's not the same, but it's close. Currently, there are 19/28 dragon slots, 22/25 human slots, and 13/15 beastclan slots. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1901686]RP thread[/url] ----- The year is 2073. The effects of overpopulation had set in; with too little food and water to support everyone, people rebelled against their governments, thinking they could fix this. Too many failed, and society collapsed almost entirely. Raiders and millitants, refered to collectively as The Uncivilized, roamed the land, attacking the remaining settlements for their resources and out of petty revenge. Global warming had slowed with the lessened use of automobiles, but the effects remained in the greatly reduced land area. From certain parts of the coastline, the ruins of once-great cities could be seen; skyscrapers, eroded and coated in moss and barnacles, jut upward from the ocean surface. Like a light in the dark, small civilizations remain, working to fix the mistakes of their ancestors. Among the largest of these is New Alaska. Located in a cold climate and an area of low population density, the people of Alaska were able to rebuild quickly. Without having to focus too much on defense against The Uncivilized, they were able to advance. Unable to find an easy solution to the fall of human civilization on Earth, they set their sights to the stars. They began to build rockets, five of them, to find them a new planet to call home. They made good time, as raider attacks decreased markedly during construction; they thought nothing of it, and it would come back to bite them. Outside of the 200 square mile city, The Uncivilized pooled their resources into an attack. They refused to allow those others to succeed where they had failed, to abandon their brethren. The night of the launch, they flooded the city, and fired ten missiles at the rockets. The rockets were knocked off of their course; originally headed toward Saturn's moon Titan, they now headed toward interstellar space. With quick thinking and the remainder of the rockets' fuel, the commander managed to steer them toward Proxima Centauri. Just before The Collapse, a new form of energy, called Anima, had been discovered and harnessed. So, while it would take easily a hundred years to travel there with nuclear propulsion, they were able to reach the star in twenty years. Orbiting around an unfamiliar star, with no contact with Earth... It was a nightmare of uncertainty and loneliness. They sent out exploration probe to the star's habitable zone, where an Earth-like planet was believed to lie, hoping beyond hope that they would find a way to survive this. Unbeknownst to them, that planet very much existed, and it's inhabitants were watching them closely. Well, one of them, anyway. ----- The Arcanist peered through the Eye of a Thousand Lenses. He did this every day, every minute almost, but this time was different. On the other side of the telescope, there was something [I]new.[/I] Five silhouettes, framed perfectly against Essol. They almost reminded the arcane god of birds, but that was absurd. Birds? In space? Yet there they were. While he pondered, word got out. Soon, everyone was watching the space birds. What were they? Where did they come from? Both questions, among others, were often asked around dinnertime. Just when the public's fascination began to die down, one clan found something in their territory. ----- [b][u]Rules-[/u][/b] (I shouldn't have to tell you this, but all FR rules apply) 1) No NSFW. Not even fade-to-black. 2) Romance, however, is allowed. 3) No fighting OOC. 4) Only ping the owners of the characters your character is interacting with when posting. 5) No Mary-sues or powerplay. I will warn you if I think you're powerplaying; if I have to warn you more than twice, you will be banned. 6) Each person is allowed 3 dragon characters, 30 human characters, and 1 beastclan character. 7) If you've read these, put your favorite color and dragon breed in the Passcode section of the form, as shown in the example. You only need to do this once. 8) Please notify me if you'll be offline for extended periods of time. 9) STAY ON TOPIC! [b][u]Available Roles-[/u] Dragons-[/b] Arcanist- (@Pyra) Clan leader- (1/1) -Tellugamal (@Pyra) Vice leader- (1/1) -Ryuu (@darkmicewar) Guards- (3/3) -Hydrogen (@FreezingRain) -Annie Leonhardt (@DragonLady28) -Glitched (@Lamenting) Healers- (1/3) -Telthra (@Pyra) Denmothers (Females tending nests)- (0/5) Clansdrakes (Lower-ranking members)- (2/10) -Scyfax (@Pyra) -Lila (@luckgandor) Hatchlings- (1/5) -EmeraldWings (@EmeraldDragon22) [b]Beastclan-[/b] Beastclan leader- (1/1) -Talona (@darkmicewar) Vice leader- (1/1) -Myse (@cicatrix) Warriors- (0/5) Healers- (0/5) Spies- (0/3) [b]Humans-[/b] Commander- (1/1) -Sylvia Castellano (@Pyra) Engineers/technicians- (1/5) -Alberto Wright (@Pyra) Scientists- (0/5) Medics- (0/5) Soldiers/guardsmen- (0/3) Farmers- (0/3) Children- (1/3) -Anne-Marie Louis (@Pyra) [b][u]Form-[/u][/b] [code](Picture here, if applicable.) [b]Name:[/b] [b]Gender:[/b] (pronoun/pronoun/pronoun) [b]Species:[/b] (dragon, beastclan, or human?) [b]Race:[/b] (Spiral, Longneck, Caucasian, etc) [b]Rank:[/b] [b]Other:[/b] [b]Passcode:[/b] (NOTE: The passcode is to show that you read the rules. Don't just copy the one in the example.)[/code] [b]Example Form-[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23092256] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230923/23092256_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Name:[/b] Tellugamal [b]Gender:[/b] Male (he/him/his) [b]Species:[/b] Dragon [b]Race:[/b] Skydancer [b]Rank:[/b] Clan leader [b]Other:[/b] The steampunk tail bauble is a small lantern, powered by Lightning magic. [b]Passcode:[/b] Indigo skydancer
I did an RP similar to this a long time ago called War Between Worlds, if anyone remembers that. It's not the same, but it's close.

Currently, there are 19/28 dragon slots, 22/25 human slots, and 13/15 beastclan slots.

RP thread

The year is 2073. The effects of overpopulation had set in; with too little food and water to support everyone, people rebelled against their governments, thinking they could fix this. Too many failed, and society collapsed almost entirely. Raiders and millitants, refered to collectively as The Uncivilized, roamed the land, attacking the remaining settlements for their resources and out of petty revenge. Global warming had slowed with the lessened use of automobiles, but the effects remained in the greatly reduced land area. From certain parts of the coastline, the ruins of once-great cities could be seen; skyscrapers, eroded and coated in moss and barnacles, jut upward from the ocean surface.

Like a light in the dark, small civilizations remain, working to fix the mistakes of their ancestors. Among the largest of these is New Alaska. Located in a cold climate and an area of low population density, the people of Alaska were able to rebuild quickly. Without having to focus too much on defense against The Uncivilized, they were able to advance. Unable to find an easy solution to the fall of human civilization on Earth, they set their sights to the stars. They began to build rockets, five of them, to find them a new planet to call home. They made good time, as raider attacks decreased markedly during construction; they thought nothing of it, and it would come back to bite them. Outside of the 200 square mile city, The Uncivilized pooled their resources into an attack. They refused to allow those others to succeed where they had failed, to abandon their brethren. The night of the launch, they flooded the city, and fired ten missiles at the rockets.

The rockets were knocked off of their course; originally headed toward Saturn's moon Titan, they now headed toward interstellar space. With quick thinking and the remainder of the rockets' fuel, the commander managed to steer them toward Proxima Centauri. Just before The Collapse, a new form of energy, called Anima, had been discovered and harnessed. So, while it would take easily a hundred years to travel there with nuclear propulsion, they were able to reach the star in twenty years.

Orbiting around an unfamiliar star, with no contact with Earth... It was a nightmare of uncertainty and loneliness. They sent out exploration probe to the star's habitable zone, where an Earth-like planet was believed to lie, hoping beyond hope that they would find a way to survive this.

Unbeknownst to them, that planet very much existed, and it's inhabitants were watching them closely. Well, one of them, anyway.

The Arcanist peered through the Eye of a Thousand Lenses. He did this every day, every minute almost, but this time was different. On the other side of the telescope, there was something new. Five silhouettes, framed perfectly against Essol. They almost reminded the arcane god of birds, but that was absurd. Birds? In space? Yet there they were. While he pondered, word got out. Soon, everyone was watching the space birds. What were they? Where did they come from? Both questions, among others, were often asked around dinnertime.

Just when the public's fascination began to die down, one clan found something in their territory.

Rules-
(I shouldn't have to tell you this, but all FR rules apply)
1) No NSFW. Not even fade-to-black.
2) Romance, however, is allowed.
3) No fighting OOC.
4) Only ping the owners of the characters your character is interacting with when posting.
5) No Mary-sues or powerplay. I will warn you if I think you're powerplaying; if I have to warn you more than twice, you will be banned.
6) Each person is allowed 3 dragon characters, 30 human characters, and 1 beastclan character.
7) If you've read these, put your favorite color and dragon breed in the Passcode section of the form, as shown in the example. You only need to do this once.
8) Please notify me if you'll be offline for extended periods of time.
9) STAY ON TOPIC!

Available Roles-
Dragons-

Arcanist- (@Pyra)
Clan leader- (1/1)
-Tellugamal (@Pyra)
Vice leader- (1/1)
-Ryuu (@darkmicewar)
Guards- (3/3)
-Hydrogen (@FreezingRain)
-Annie Leonhardt (@DragonLady28)
-Glitched (@Lamenting)
Healers- (1/3)
-Telthra (@Pyra)
Denmothers (Females tending nests)- (0/5)
Clansdrakes (Lower-ranking members)- (2/10)
-Scyfax (@Pyra)
-Lila (@luckgandor)
Hatchlings- (1/5)
-EmeraldWings (@EmeraldDragon22)

Beastclan-
Beastclan leader- (1/1)
-Talona (@darkmicewar)
Vice leader- (1/1)
-Myse (@cicatrix)
Warriors- (0/5)
Healers- (0/5)
Spies- (0/3)

Humans-
Commander- (1/1)
-Sylvia Castellano (@Pyra)
Engineers/technicians- (1/5)
-Alberto Wright (@Pyra)
Scientists- (0/5)
Medics- (0/5)
Soldiers/guardsmen- (0/3)
Farmers- (0/3)
Children- (1/3)
-Anne-Marie Louis (@Pyra)

Form-
Code:
(Picture here, if applicable.) [b]Name:[/b] [b]Gender:[/b] (pronoun/pronoun/pronoun) [b]Species:[/b] (dragon, beastclan, or human?) [b]Race:[/b] (Spiral, Longneck, Caucasian, etc) [b]Rank:[/b] [b]Other:[/b] [b]Passcode:[/b] (NOTE: The passcode is to show that you read the rules. Don't just copy the one in the example.)

Example Form-

23092256_350.png

Name: Tellugamal
Species: Dragon
Race: Skydancer
Other: The steampunk tail bauble is a small lantern, powered by Lightning magic.
Passcode: Indigo skydancer
formattingtextweeeeee any pronouns

Pgv53XB.png
rnKnsgE.png
J7D1quC.png
643gino.gif mjtJ868.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
4ogWlJU.png
KRcB6uC.png
FObX7rS.png
bump
bump

Pgv53XB.png
rnKnsgE.png
J7D1quC.png
643gino.gif mjtJ868.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
4ogWlJU.png
KRcB6uC.png
FObX7rS.png
@Pyra sounds interestng ill join! so ill be taking two roles beastlcan leader and normal dragon vice captain ill use brackets as who im talking for eg (beastclan leader) gather up (viec captain) come [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21644867] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/216449/21644867_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Name:[/b] ryuu [b]Gender:[/b] male(he/him/his/) [b]Species:[/b] dragons [b]Race:[/b] skydancer [b]Rank:[/b] vice captain [b]Other:[/b] his mask contains power of wind , to manipulate it he can even use it for sensing whats around. [b]Passcode:[/b] skydancer and guardians, purple char 2 [b]Name:[/b] talona (being official here! XD) [b]Gender:[/b] female(she/her/hers) [b]Species:[/b] beastclan [b]Race:[/b] harpy beastclan [b]Rank:[/b] leader [b]Other:[/b] she is harpy beastclan leader and has powers over all harpies, also has many magical attributes [b]Passcode:[/b] skydancer/ guardians,purple
@Pyra
sounds interestng ill join!
so ill be taking two roles beastlcan leader and normal dragon vice captain ill use brackets as who im talking for eg (beastclan leader) gather up (viec captain) come

21644867_350.png

Name: ryuu
Species: dragons
Race: skydancer
Other: his mask contains power of wind , to manipulate it he can even use it for sensing whats around.
Passcode: skydancer and guardians, purple

char 2

Name: talona (being official here! XD)
Species: beastclan
Race: harpy beastclan
Other: she is harpy beastclan leader and has powers over all harpies, also has many magical attributes
Passcode: skydancer/ guardians,purple

9Ec97kg.png
@darkmicewar
Read the rules. They'll tell you what a passcode is. I'll accept your forms once you do that.
@darkmicewar
Read the rules. They'll tell you what a passcode is. I'll accept your forms once you do that.

Pgv53XB.png
rnKnsgE.png
J7D1quC.png
643gino.gif mjtJ868.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
4ogWlJU.png
KRcB6uC.png
FObX7rS.png
@Pyra
i read the rules but cant quite get whats a passcode
@Pyra
i read the rules but cant quite get whats a passcode

9Ec97kg.png
@Pyra
oh i got it editing as per need,
@Pyra
oh i got it editing as per need,

9Ec97kg.png
@darkmicewar
It's so I know you read the rules. Just tell me your favorite dragon breed (mine are the skydancers, for example,) and your favorite color, and you'll be clear.
@darkmicewar
It's so I know you read the rules. Just tell me your favorite dragon breed (mine are the skydancers, for example,) and your favorite color, and you'll be clear.

Pgv53XB.png
rnKnsgE.png
J7D1quC.png
643gino.gif mjtJ868.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
4ogWlJU.png
KRcB6uC.png
FObX7rS.png
@Pyra
done should we begin our rp?
@Pyra
done should we begin our rp?

9Ec97kg.png
@darkmicewar
I'd rather wait for two other people to join, if that's okay with you.
@darkmicewar
I'd rather wait for two other people to join, if that's okay with you.

Pgv53XB.png
rnKnsgE.png
J7D1quC.png
643gino.gif mjtJ868.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
4ogWlJU.png
KRcB6uC.png
FObX7rS.png
@Pyra
are you on pinging a friend who might be interested
@EmeraldDragon22