Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Urban Fantasy Kinda RP?
1 2 3 4 5
Wanting to do some sort of urban fantasy esque RP. It'd have the vague aesthetic of like, the Shadowrun universe (not that I know THAT much about it hahaha). Sort of a vague dystopian cyberpunk-fantasy sorta thing? With like, the standard fantasy races, maybe some sort of mercenary/gang rivalry kind of thing?

So like. We'd be talking like humans, elves, dwarves, orcs/ogres/trolls/whatever you wanna use, and some furry race if we wanted. It'd be like, urban jungle sorta stuff, with like modern day clothing and weaponry with cybernetic or otherwise fantasy enhancements via SCIENCE or magic. Probably would have mythical critters out and about as well to either help or hinder progress or would need to be slain or not.

Honestly there'd be world building involved and we could just stick to a vague urban fantasy theme and not dabble too much into sci-fi there. I'm cool either way.

I dunno much about plot, maybe some sort of bigger shadow organization is taking out mercenary/gangs one by one and our characters have to band together? Could take from an amusing fantasy trope and have like. This giant underground dragon becoming a mastermind of the streets and literally and figuratively devouring whole factions until it becomes a problem and they're the largest threat.

Alternatively, could have some sort of horrifying virus outbreak that's crippling technology--and especially those with cybernetic enhancements. Maybe it'd start out small and then the next thing one knows, their limbs won't listen or patches of memory are gone, taken over by the virus as its host.

Ideally semi-lit, people could reply once a day at minimum that'd be cool. Anyone interested and/or wanting to help me hash stuff out?
Wanting to do some sort of urban fantasy esque RP. It'd have the vague aesthetic of like, the Shadowrun universe (not that I know THAT much about it hahaha). Sort of a vague dystopian cyberpunk-fantasy sorta thing? With like, the standard fantasy races, maybe some sort of mercenary/gang rivalry kind of thing?

So like. We'd be talking like humans, elves, dwarves, orcs/ogres/trolls/whatever you wanna use, and some furry race if we wanted. It'd be like, urban jungle sorta stuff, with like modern day clothing and weaponry with cybernetic or otherwise fantasy enhancements via SCIENCE or magic. Probably would have mythical critters out and about as well to either help or hinder progress or would need to be slain or not.

Honestly there'd be world building involved and we could just stick to a vague urban fantasy theme and not dabble too much into sci-fi there. I'm cool either way.

I dunno much about plot, maybe some sort of bigger shadow organization is taking out mercenary/gangs one by one and our characters have to band together? Could take from an amusing fantasy trope and have like. This giant underground dragon becoming a mastermind of the streets and literally and figuratively devouring whole factions until it becomes a problem and they're the largest threat.

Alternatively, could have some sort of horrifying virus outbreak that's crippling technology--and especially those with cybernetic enhancements. Maybe it'd start out small and then the next thing one knows, their limbs won't listen or patches of memory are gone, taken over by the virus as its host.

Ideally semi-lit, people could reply once a day at minimum that'd be cool. Anyone interested and/or wanting to help me hash stuff out?
JXVUomh.png
@Carnifex

You had me at urban fantasy and worldbuilding. I've been dying to do that sort of thing lately, and I'd love to explore the topic some with you. Especially the sci-fi aspect- I've only dabbled in cyberpunk in the past but it's definitely something that's holding my interest right now.

I'm semi-literate to literate and will usually reply to things daily.
@Carnifex

You had me at urban fantasy and worldbuilding. I've been dying to do that sort of thing lately, and I'd love to explore the topic some with you. Especially the sci-fi aspect- I've only dabbled in cyberpunk in the past but it's definitely something that's holding my interest right now.

I'm semi-literate to literate and will usually reply to things daily.
@Carnifex Sign me the heck up! I'm hecka literate, Paragraph RPer, experienced, and willing to try new fun things~~ it sounds so AWESOME This'll be my first time trying in this particular genre though~~
@Carnifex Sign me the heck up! I'm hecka literate, Paragraph RPer, experienced, and willing to try new fun things~~ it sounds so AWESOME This'll be my first time trying in this particular genre though~~
OKxuOgN.png
@LivingTheory
@JadeFeffers

Heck yeah, you guys up for doing something as a group? And don't worry about it being your first time, tbh. I have like no idea what I'm doing either hahahah which is basically why I'm figuring we can all do world-building and hash it out.

I guess the question from here is uh, figuring out a sorta setting beyond the vague urban sprawl, give some names or a map or base it off some real place and use that, and from there figure out races? Tech? Plot?
@LivingTheory
@JadeFeffers

Heck yeah, you guys up for doing something as a group? And don't worry about it being your first time, tbh. I have like no idea what I'm doing either hahahah which is basically why I'm figuring we can all do world-building and hash it out.

I guess the question from here is uh, figuring out a sorta setting beyond the vague urban sprawl, give some names or a map or base it off some real place and use that, and from there figure out races? Tech? Plot?
JXVUomh.png
Completely up for it~~~
We'll definitely figure something out and it'll be super duper fun~~~

Hmmm Have you ever seen motorcity? @Carnifex
Completely up for it~~~
We'll definitely figure something out and it'll be super duper fun~~~

Hmmm Have you ever seen motorcity? @Carnifex
OKxuOgN.png
@JadeFeffers

Nope, unfortunately, but a quick google search and briefly scanning the Wiki page makes it sound like something I definitely oughta look into further ahhaha
@JadeFeffers

Nope, unfortunately, but a quick google search and briefly scanning the Wiki page makes it sound like something I definitely oughta look into further ahhaha
JXVUomh.png
The layout there is what I was imagining at first- Like a more Utopian map liek large cities and suplexes spread topside and for the less fortunate, underground cities and colonies all bunched up- it also fits in to the whole ongoing war between certain species/calsses thing. It also fits into the scifi urban fantasy thing REALLY well. Just a suggestion though tbh~

@Carnifex Also you should really find it and watch it it's so good It's animation is so good I really want Disney XD to relinquish the rights so it can get a second season somewhere that promotes them right.
The layout there is what I was imagining at first- Like a more Utopian map liek large cities and suplexes spread topside and for the less fortunate, underground cities and colonies all bunched up- it also fits in to the whole ongoing war between certain species/calsses thing. It also fits into the scifi urban fantasy thing REALLY well. Just a suggestion though tbh~

@Carnifex Also you should really find it and watch it it's so good It's animation is so good I really want Disney XD to relinquish the rights so it can get a second season somewhere that promotes them right.
OKxuOgN.png
@JadeFeffers

Yeah tbh I'm totally down for like. distinct differences in class and city layout. So like sprawling metropolises in direct juxtaposition to total and utter slums kinda deal. And aaah yeah the ever classic struggle of people not want to release rights because it's theirs dangit they don't care if they'll never do anything with it :c
@JadeFeffers

Yeah tbh I'm totally down for like. distinct differences in class and city layout. So like sprawling metropolises in direct juxtaposition to total and utter slums kinda deal. And aaah yeah the ever classic struggle of people not want to release rights because it's theirs dangit they don't care if they'll never do anything with it :c
JXVUomh.png
YES EXACTLY Disney XD Is notorious for such behavior- especially with cartoons animated by studio titmouse.
It could be super duper cool~~~ I'm getting way too excited thinking about this tbh like its gonna be really fun~~~

@Carnifex
YES EXACTLY Disney XD Is notorious for such behavior- especially with cartoons animated by studio titmouse.
It could be super duper cool~~~ I'm getting way too excited thinking about this tbh like its gonna be really fun~~~

@Carnifex
OKxuOgN.png
@JadeFeffers

aaaaaaa yeah we just need to figure out more details and see what @livingtheory is up to/is thinking
@JadeFeffers

aaaaaaa yeah we just need to figure out more details and see what @livingtheory is up to/is thinking
JXVUomh.png
1 2 3 4 5