Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Travelling Flight OOC
1 2 3 4
[s]Hello! This isn't quite yet an actual RP thread, but more of an interest check for an idea I've had for a while.[/s] It's actually live now! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1580428]Here is the first thread.[/url] To put it short: a number of my dragons want to go on an adventure, visiting all flights, eventually! And this is where you can come in. If you want, my dergs can pass through your clan, making friends (or possibly enemies!) and getting up to different shenanigans together! And maybe some of your dragons will want to come with mine, too. :D The Main Party: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15734284] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/157343/15734284_350.png[/img] [/url] 1. Anthraci, a young Spiral from a Wind clan who started it all after visiting Flameforger's and getting overly excited about it. She now dreams of visiting ALL THE FLIGHTS and making new friends EVERYWHERE. She put together a small party of dragons from her clan who wanted to accompany her on this adventure, and set out from the Windswept Plateau. Young and a bit naive, she has a sort of charisma based on her always-positive outlook and her readiness to help people. Anthraci doesn't like conflict, and would rather talk around whatever issues are there. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15869865] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/158699/15869865_350.png[/img] [/url] 2. Melaina, another Wind-born dragon. Despite her breed, she is a lot more like a mix of a Spiral and a Mirror than a Tundra dragon. Her goal is to learn as much as she can about magic and the secrets and the history of the world. She's confident and doesn't back down easily, and is always prepared to fight if necessary. Melaina is more assertive than Anthraci, but views the Spiral as a sort of a younger sister to take care of and doesn't contradict her too much. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15208405] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/152085/15208405_350.png[/img] [/url] 3. Eunys, a Plague-born Ridgeback who nevertheless came to care about her weaky Windy clan. She's there because 1) she likes adventure and 2) she wants to visit her original homeland. Eunys is the most aggressive of all of them, always happy in a fight and always ready to start one. She has her own, slightly twisted sense of morale (as a Plague-born, she puts survival and personal gain over most things), but she's not a bad dragon. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14905602] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/149057/14905602_350.png[/img] [/url] 4. Seeker, who's coming along to keep an eye on the other three and make sure everything goes okay. He is the gentlest and the calmest dragon of the group, who cares for most dragons of his clans as if they were his children. He has an interest in the art and the lives of dragons in the other flights, though, and is onboard as a protector, mediator, healer and general tourist. [b]How would this work:[/b] I'd prefer to find people interested in playing out this kind of scenarios, and most likely have 1x1 threads (but with multiple characters, I suppose). For each clan my dergs visit, there would be a sub-storyline (to be decided on by the both players). Like most roleplay, this is aimed on having fun and fleshing out your characters and their stories! But at the same time, with enough interest, I could try to turn it into a kind of event. (A bit like the Flameforgers event that prompted this. :D) [b]Some semblance of rules?:[/b] I'm looking for people with written-out lore of their clans, or people who have an idea for their lore but want to flesh it out. In-game I would give (and expect back) replies at least one paragraph long, keeping to the general rules of roleplaying (no godmodding, for instance, and with all unusual circumstances would be talked over by the players beforehand). If anyone would like to join this, then I'd have to ask you to have patience - I have a pretty big timezone difference with the FR server (+13 hours), so it would be hard to do IM-speed roleplaying. Basically I'd need people who are okay with waiting overnight for the response! [b]How to join:[/b] Just ping me in this thread, and we can plan it out! If my dragons have already visited your flight's territory, I can always come up with a silly reason for them to double back, or we can backtag. [b]When can I tag?:[/b] When my dragons are passing through your flight's territory or you have wandering dragons who can stumble upon this dorky group of travellers! [b]The current flights involved are Wind and Plague.[/b] Please tag the current thread only if you're from either of those flights, or have a wandering dragon! [b]What's going on right now?[/b] The dergs are heading through Wind territory towards Plague! Their (first) final destination is the Starfall Isles, but they have quite a way to go until it. Let's see what shenanigans may happen while they're getting there! :D
Hello! This isn't quite yet an actual RP thread, but more of an interest check for an idea I've had for a while.

It's actually live now! Here is the first thread.

To put it short: a number of my dragons want to go on an adventure, visiting all flights, eventually! And this is where you can come in. If you want, my dergs can pass through your clan, making friends (or possibly enemies!) and getting up to different shenanigans together! And maybe some of your dragons will want to come with mine, too. :D

The Main Party:

15734284_350.png

1. Anthraci, a young Spiral from a Wind clan who started it all after visiting Flameforger's and getting overly excited about it. She now dreams of visiting ALL THE FLIGHTS and making new friends EVERYWHERE. She put together a small party of dragons from her clan who wanted to accompany her on this adventure, and set out from the Windswept Plateau. Young and a bit naive, she has a sort of charisma based on her always-positive outlook and her readiness to help people. Anthraci doesn't like conflict, and would rather talk around whatever issues are there.

15869865_350.png

2. Melaina, another Wind-born dragon. Despite her breed, she is a lot more like a mix of a Spiral and a Mirror than a Tundra dragon. Her goal is to learn as much as she can about magic and the secrets and the history of the world. She's confident and doesn't back down easily, and is always prepared to fight if necessary. Melaina is more assertive than Anthraci, but views the Spiral as a sort of a younger sister to take care of and doesn't contradict her too much.

15208405_350.png

3. Eunys, a Plague-born Ridgeback who nevertheless came to care about her weaky Windy clan. She's there because 1) she likes adventure and 2) she wants to visit her original homeland. Eunys is the most aggressive of all of them, always happy in a fight and always ready to start one. She has her own, slightly twisted sense of morale (as a Plague-born, she puts survival and personal gain over most things), but she's not a bad dragon.

14905602_350.png

4. Seeker, who's coming along to keep an eye on the other three and make sure everything goes okay. He is the gentlest and the calmest dragon of the group, who cares for most dragons of his clans as if they were his children. He has an interest in the art and the lives of dragons in the other flights, though, and is onboard as a protector, mediator, healer and general tourist.

How would this work:

I'd prefer to find people interested in playing out this kind of scenarios, and most likely have 1x1 threads (but with multiple characters, I suppose). For each clan my dergs visit, there would be a sub-storyline (to be decided on by the both players). Like most roleplay, this is aimed on having fun and fleshing out your characters and their stories! But at the same time, with enough interest, I could try to turn it into a kind of event. (A bit like the Flameforgers event that prompted this. :D)

Some semblance of rules?:

I'm looking for people with written-out lore of their clans, or people who have an idea for their lore but want to flesh it out. In-game I would give (and expect back) replies at least one paragraph long, keeping to the general rules of roleplaying (no godmodding, for instance, and with all unusual circumstances would be talked over by the players beforehand).

If anyone would like to join this, then I'd have to ask you to have patience - I have a pretty big timezone difference with the FR server (+13 hours), so it would be hard to do IM-speed roleplaying. Basically I'd need people who are okay with waiting overnight for the response!

How to join:

Just ping me in this thread, and we can plan it out! If my dragons have already visited your flight's territory, I can always come up with a silly reason for them to double back, or we can backtag.

When can I tag?:

When my dragons are passing through your flight's territory or you have wandering dragons who can stumble upon this dorky group of travellers! The current flights involved are Wind and Plague. Please tag the current thread only if you're from either of those flights, or have a wandering dragon!

What's going on right now?

The dergs are heading through Wind territory towards Plague! Their (first) final destination is the Starfall Isles, but they have quite a way to go until it. Let's see what shenanigans may happen while they're getting there! :D
HUPya8X.pngfj9buO7.pnghIj7jwJ.png
9hSEhEA.pngGICME1y.png7fAUMwP.png
1D2yhnu.pngK507Hal.pngudcB2pK.png
@tonake I'd be interested! I already have a fleshed-out lore for my clan, I just haven't gotten around to writing it down yet. XD If Anthraci ever visits Water, I'm sure Pumpkin and her clan would love to take her in!
@tonake I'd be interested! I already have a fleshed-out lore for my clan, I just haven't gotten around to writing it down yet. XD If Anthraci ever visits Water, I'm sure Pumpkin and her clan would love to take her in!
Na5WGHa.png
@tonake

dude, this sounds so fun, count me in! I don't have anything written out in one place, but I do have lore for all of my dergs, and the clan as a whole love making new allies, so! I have a wandering imperial, Furaribi, who may be of use giving travelling pointers, or he might want to join, idk.
@tonake

dude, this sounds so fun, count me in! I don't have anything written out in one place, but I do have lore for all of my dergs, and the clan as a whole love making new allies, so! I have a wandering imperial, Furaribi, who may be of use giving travelling pointers, or he might want to join, idk.
CPt6K.gif
YMPbu9R.png
ca4nyRv.pngpZJYyk4.png6mVFIuV.png
gziv3Ja.pngtLCn0d0.pngEE2umbT.png
i love this idea, alot! @tonake
i love this idea, alot! @tonake
I'm GAY I'm BLACK and I'm NEW in TOWN....
@tonake

Count me in! There's a clan lore button on my page!
@tonake

Count me in! There's a clan lore button on my page!
Prismatic Meditate Pomeranian mike
fr+9 | he/him | lore clan(?)
wishlist + clan lore
1vAtYxM.png
4BheGMt.png
ckAgcPc.png
xXXQ8Kz.png
x
@tonake Hit me up! My dragons don't have written lore, so I hope that's not an issue. They used to, but I hated it so I deleted it all. Maybe I'll type it up again.
@tonake Hit me up! My dragons don't have written lore, so I hope that's not an issue. They used to, but I hated it so I deleted it all. Maybe I'll type it up again.
@tonake I love the idea, but my clan lore isn't really figured out at all, aside from vague personalities for a few dragons.
@tonake I love the idea, but my clan lore isn't really figured out at all, aside from vague personalities for a few dragons.
@tonake

The Mystical Moon College-Clan will accept new students. Please have your courses selected before you arrive.

{This is a fantastic idea and I'd love to help you out with it!}
@tonake

The Mystical Moon College-Clan will accept new students. Please have your courses selected before you arrive.

{This is a fantastic idea and I'd love to help you out with it!}
HJ96ihU.pngGSD8hcq.pngMm9DGm5.png
@ tigressRising @alagasianflame @RulerofPurple @Logzlo @ShriektheMighty @Moonwater

Thanks for your interest, guys! :D I'm glad that you like my silly little quest idea. I'm still working out what kind of format I'd like it to be in (and how to organize it). The problem here that it seems to need a lot of organizing (since it'll have to be a pretty big story, in its own way!), and I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to put it all in order. You can pitch in with advice and ideas if you want! What I have so far is this:

I want this to be sorta linear. I know that Anthraci's first destination would be the Arcane lands (in no small part because the Starfall Celebration will be coming up), but I don't know in which order she would visit the rest of the flights. But I want things to happen one after another (partly because having several threads at once can be confusing, and also it's fun to reference past events).

My idea is that I'd draw up a list of people from, for example, the Arcane flight and decide in which order my dergs would visit their clans (randomly or depending on the wishes of the players). Or we can all pool our brains together and work out a kind of a big plan for the whole thing, instead of going linearly from one flight to another. For example, Anthraci and her group could be heading towards the Starfall Isles, but they have to skirt Plague territory and accidentally come across a conflict between two Plague clans (and get involved, like proper adventurers)! Or stuff like that. Basiclaly, I'm open to ideas here. :D

It's okay if we don't come up with much, then I think it would be easy to just revert to making separate threads for each clan visit! Oh, and one final random note, I want to illustrate the whole thing with maps, diary pages and sketches done ICly by my nerd dragons.
@ tigressRising @alagasianflame @RulerofPurple @Logzlo @ShriektheMighty @Moonwater

Thanks for your interest, guys! :D I'm glad that you like my silly little quest idea. I'm still working out what kind of format I'd like it to be in (and how to organize it). The problem here that it seems to need a lot of organizing (since it'll have to be a pretty big story, in its own way!), and I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to put it all in order. You can pitch in with advice and ideas if you want! What I have so far is this:

I want this to be sorta linear. I know that Anthraci's first destination would be the Arcane lands (in no small part because the Starfall Celebration will be coming up), but I don't know in which order she would visit the rest of the flights. But I want things to happen one after another (partly because having several threads at once can be confusing, and also it's fun to reference past events).

My idea is that I'd draw up a list of people from, for example, the Arcane flight and decide in which order my dergs would visit their clans (randomly or depending on the wishes of the players). Or we can all pool our brains together and work out a kind of a big plan for the whole thing, instead of going linearly from one flight to another. For example, Anthraci and her group could be heading towards the Starfall Isles, but they have to skirt Plague territory and accidentally come across a conflict between two Plague clans (and get involved, like proper adventurers)! Or stuff like that. Basiclaly, I'm open to ideas here. :D

It's okay if we don't come up with much, then I think it would be easy to just revert to making separate threads for each clan visit! Oh, and one final random note, I want to illustrate the whole thing with maps, diary pages and sketches done ICly by my nerd dragons.
HUPya8X.pngfj9buO7.pnghIj7jwJ.png
9hSEhEA.pngGICME1y.png7fAUMwP.png
1D2yhnu.pngK507Hal.pngudcB2pK.png
@tonake
I'm fine with whatever! I love doing big plots like that, so a big collab in terms of the plot would be fine by me, it just depends on what the others want.
@tonake
I'm fine with whatever! I love doing big plots like that, so a big collab in terms of the plot would be fine by me, it just depends on what the others want.
CPt6K.gif
YMPbu9R.png
ca4nyRv.pngpZJYyk4.png6mVFIuV.png
gziv3Ja.pngtLCn0d0.pngEE2umbT.png
1 2 3 4