Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 53 54
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9694721][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/96948/9694721.png[/img][/url] COMBINE PARTS? Y/N (Y) PARTS COMBINED. INVENTION STATUS: MOTION 0% UTILITY 0.1% STABILITY: 0% VALUE 0% ERROR ERROR ERROR ERRRRRR FATAL ERROR ENCOUNTERED. CLOSE SYSTEM? Y/N (Y) CLOSIng his eyes, the Coatl curls up around the tree. The wheel, submerged in the tank of water at the core of tree, twists the jellyfish glow into distant, foggy shapes, which glow from within the branches and drift across nearby inventions. After a while the Coatl's tongue flickers in and out with his breathing. In his dreams he is a hatchling again, dozing beside his nestmates under the clouds of the Windswept Plateau. [b](Day Seven: D) A mechanical bonsai tree. Small LED lights are scattered throughout the canopy, providing lovely multi colors of lights in the dark.)[/b]
9694721.png

COMBINE PARTS? Y/N

(Y)

PARTS COMBINED.

INVENTION STATUS:
MOTION 0%
UTILITY 0.1%
STABILITY: 0%
VALUE 0%

ERROR ERROR ERROR ERRRRRR

FATAL ERROR ENCOUNTERED. CLOSE SYSTEM? Y/N

(Y)

CLOSIng his eyes, the Coatl curls up around the tree. The wheel, submerged in the tank of water at the core of tree, twists the jellyfish glow into distant, foggy shapes, which glow from within the branches and drift across nearby inventions. After a while the Coatl's tongue flickers in and out with his breathing. In his dreams he is a hatchling again, dozing beside his nestmates under the clouds of the Windswept Plateau.

(Day Seven: D) A mechanical bonsai tree. Small LED lights are scattered throughout the canopy, providing lovely multi colors of lights in the dark.)
Tundra supposed that hadn't worked out very well, but he had been able to rescue a couple nuts and bolts from being squashed underneath a table. They would work well enough.

He swept his gaze over the blueprints in front of him, scrutinizing each and every one carefully. The Stormcatcher robot would be sure to impress the Lightning judges, but what if there were judges that weren't from Lightning? Worse yet, what if they thought he was favoring a flight?? No, that wouldn't do.

The bonsai tree seemed nice, although he was worried that it would be a popular design among other inventors. So that was out, too.

The all-terrain transport vehicle? ... Meh, that really wasn't his thing. He was sure that other dragons were more comfortable with hiring other dragons or just plain carrying their things around themselves, rather than having to build/make a whole huge, somewhat expensive machine to do what they could have done just as easily.

In the end, he decided to use the Skycat design. After all, who didn't like those little swoopy cats? Plus, it would be helpful for delivering messages and small objects as well. And as an added bonus, Leon seemed to like the idea as well.

[B: A little Skycat-shaped golem companion. Has operational wings and the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow. May or may not be able to carry coconuts.]
Tundra supposed that hadn't worked out very well, but he had been able to rescue a couple nuts and bolts from being squashed underneath a table. They would work well enough.

He swept his gaze over the blueprints in front of him, scrutinizing each and every one carefully. The Stormcatcher robot would be sure to impress the Lightning judges, but what if there were judges that weren't from Lightning? Worse yet, what if they thought he was favoring a flight?? No, that wouldn't do.

The bonsai tree seemed nice, although he was worried that it would be a popular design among other inventors. So that was out, too.

The all-terrain transport vehicle? ... Meh, that really wasn't his thing. He was sure that other dragons were more comfortable with hiring other dragons or just plain carrying their things around themselves, rather than having to build/make a whole huge, somewhat expensive machine to do what they could have done just as easily.

In the end, he decided to use the Skycat design. After all, who didn't like those little swoopy cats? Plus, it would be helpful for delivering messages and small objects as well. And as an added bonus, Leon seemed to like the idea as well.

[B: A little Skycat-shaped golem companion. Has operational wings and the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow. May or may not be able to carry coconuts.]
globules.png
Daren knew his best bet would be to stick with his strengths- he knew more than enough about transportation to turn this mess of junk into C) an all-terrain transportation vehicle.
Daren knew his best bet would be to stick with his strengths- he knew more than enough about transportation to turn this mess of junk into C) an all-terrain transportation vehicle.
lets_make_some_science_by_lynntv-d6qzmxd.gif021_zpswugdkw7b.png
[center][b]Day 7[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8104583][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/81046/8104583.png[/img][/url][/center] Qamar has no idea what he's missing, forgetting, or doing wrong, but it's clearly [i]something[/i]. He's been at it for hours, tried everything he can think of, but the device just. doesn't. [i]work[/i]. It's a good thing that Qamar decided to haul all the parts and equipment he's got into an empty room he found - originally it was to ensure he could work in relative peace, but now it also lowers the probability of somebody witnessing him throw a quite literal hissy fit. He's tired, stressed out, hungry, and very tempted to just dump all the parts he's gathered to the nearest bin. And maybe throw his wrench across the room. And then walk out and preferably never come back. He settles for tossing the wrench on the table - which at least makes a satisfying clatter - and grinding his teeth. This is not going to work, and he's running out of time. Qamar doesn't know what kind of magic Neema worked into the original device, literal or figurative, and he clearly can't replicate it. At least not here, with this equipment. Qamar would throw more things, if every single part hadn't been so hard to come by to begin with. Having to search for them again amidst the junk that's lining the walls of the room wouldn't improve his mood one bit. He just decides to leave the messy table as it is and marches out of the door. ~ Qamar returns an hour later, with a considerably fuller stomach and much milder temper. He sets a cup full of steaming hot, slightly sparking liquid on the table and fishes out his blueprints from underneath all the stuff. Yeah, he has to scrap most of that. Time to improvise, then. He probably should've guessed from the start that it would end like this, right from day one when he couldn't find the original invention. Well, luckily he already has some ideas he could utilize. Qamar sips his drink, picks his wrench up again, and starts dismantling the contraption he's managed to make, so he could put the parts together in an entirely different way. When he's finished, there's [b]B) a little Skycat-shaped golem[/b] on the table in front of him. It's not big, but the tungsten-plus-copper-tubes -combination is enough to power it. If Qamar had more time and resources, he could probably install an audio recorder and a speaker on it, so it could be used as a moving, talking memo or something. Oh well, even if it isn't capable of such tasks now, it can fly. Qamar's honestly somewhat surprised himself how well the golem seems to work. He packs up his stuff and takes the golem to his presentation table. He has no idea why a couple of dragons inquire him whether the skycat golem is able to carry coconuts, or is migratory, though. Why coconuts, of all things, and what do they have to do with migrating? And why would a golem be migratory, anyway? Qamar has a feeling he'll never find out. He tells the questioners that maybe the golem could carry one small coconut if it could get a good grip of the husk, but has to admit that he really hasn't run tests about that. Maybe he should've?
Day 7

8104583.png

Qamar has no idea what he's missing, forgetting, or doing wrong, but it's clearly something. He's been at it for hours, tried everything he can think of, but the device just. doesn't. work. It's a good thing that Qamar decided to haul all the parts and equipment he's got into an empty room he found - originally it was to ensure he could work in relative peace, but now it also lowers the probability of somebody witnessing him throw a quite literal hissy fit. He's tired, stressed out, hungry, and very tempted to just dump all the parts he's gathered to the nearest bin. And maybe throw his wrench across the room. And then walk out and preferably never come back.

He settles for tossing the wrench on the table - which at least makes a satisfying clatter - and grinding his teeth. This is not going to work, and he's running out of time. Qamar doesn't know what kind of magic Neema worked into the original device, literal or figurative, and he clearly can't replicate it. At least not here, with this equipment. Qamar would throw more things, if every single part hadn't been so hard to come by to begin with. Having to search for them again amidst the junk that's lining the walls of the room wouldn't improve his mood one bit. He just decides to leave the messy table as it is and marches out of the door.

~

Qamar returns an hour later, with a considerably fuller stomach and much milder temper. He sets a cup full of steaming hot, slightly sparking liquid on the table and fishes out his blueprints from underneath all the stuff. Yeah, he has to scrap most of that. Time to improvise, then. He probably should've guessed from the start that it would end like this, right from day one when he couldn't find the original invention. Well, luckily he already has some ideas he could utilize. Qamar sips his drink, picks his wrench up again, and starts dismantling the contraption he's managed to make, so he could put the parts together in an entirely different way.

When he's finished, there's B) a little Skycat-shaped golem on the table in front of him. It's not big, but the tungsten-plus-copper-tubes -combination is enough to power it. If Qamar had more time and resources, he could probably install an audio recorder and a speaker on it, so it could be used as a moving, talking memo or something. Oh well, even if it isn't capable of such tasks now, it can fly. Qamar's honestly somewhat surprised himself how well the golem seems to work. He packs up his stuff and takes the golem to his presentation table.

He has no idea why a couple of dragons inquire him whether the skycat golem is able to carry coconuts, or is migratory, though. Why coconuts, of all things, and what do they have to do with migrating? And why would a golem be migratory, anyway? Qamar has a feeling he'll never find out. He tells the questioners that maybe the golem could carry one small coconut if it could get a good grip of the husk, but has to admit that he really hasn't run tests about that. Maybe he should've?
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3206903] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/32070/3206903_350.png[/img] [/url] Eggplant looked at all the things she had gathered and decided that it was time to [i]go big[/i] or [i]go home[/i]. Time to make a golem. [b]Day 7, Saturday: B) A little Skycat-shaped golem companion. Has operational wings and the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow. May or may not be able to carry coconuts.[/b]

3206903_350.png

Eggplant looked at all the things she had gathered and decided that it was time to go big or go home. Time to make a golem.

Day 7, Saturday: B) A little Skycat-shaped golem companion. Has operational wings and the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow. May or may not be able to carry coconuts.
The sun warms the soilowHD2Fr.pngon a cool autumn day.
Dawn smiled, as she looked over her assortment of parts, it had been a long, somewhat insane trip to this point, but the finish line was almost in sight. With a hefty supply of nuts and bolts, and the metal viscera of dismantled steampunk wings, it would be easy enough to get the base configuration of the machine together. But the appearance, now that was going to count for something.

"Well, it certainly isn't going to be as big as my prototype, but ... I think they'll love it just as much." Dawn said as she began to sort out the parts to being her work. "And who knows, maybe it's for the best, that last one was a lot more dangerous than I wanted the judges to know about anyway. Maybe I should start small. And cute."

"So instead of a giant hunting robot to terrorize the countryside, maybe B)a little Skycat-shaped golem companion. Something a little less threshing claws and more... suitable pet for hatchlings. At least if it goes berserk this time, it won't take a dozen guardians to stop it."

She paused at that, suddenly wary of the collection of supplies in front of her. "I'd better find a net before tomorrow, too. Just in case."
Dawn smiled, as she looked over her assortment of parts, it had been a long, somewhat insane trip to this point, but the finish line was almost in sight. With a hefty supply of nuts and bolts, and the metal viscera of dismantled steampunk wings, it would be easy enough to get the base configuration of the machine together. But the appearance, now that was going to count for something.

"Well, it certainly isn't going to be as big as my prototype, but ... I think they'll love it just as much." Dawn said as she began to sort out the parts to being her work. "And who knows, maybe it's for the best, that last one was a lot more dangerous than I wanted the judges to know about anyway. Maybe I should start small. And cute."

"So instead of a giant hunting robot to terrorize the countryside, maybe B)a little Skycat-shaped golem companion. Something a little less threshing claws and more... suitable pet for hatchlings. At least if it goes berserk this time, it won't take a dozen guardians to stop it."

She paused at that, suddenly wary of the collection of supplies in front of her. "I'd better find a net before tomorrow, too. Just in case."
[center][b]Day 7, Friday[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14403321][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/144034/14403321.png[/img][/url][item=steelhound][/center] Arra woke up the next morning bleary-eyed, but pleased. All her hard work had paid off. Her mechanical nest-tender was finally looking something like what it was supposed to, except that all the parts weren't quite right, even if you looked past the golem in a hamster wheel. Even still, it was doing what it was supposed to. That was more than Arra had the right to ask for. But it wasn't finished. When Arra stepped back and looked at it, it looked... bare. Incomplete. Nothing but the half-baked invention of a traveling tinker. Even Steelheart whimpered when he looked at it. "I know, I know," Arra sighed to him. "But what am I supposed to add to it?" Steelheart remained quiet, but looked up at her and wagged its tail ever so slightly. "You're already a part of the invention, silly. You can't be the centerpiece, too. You'd have to stop powering it, and then..." Then again, a golem might not have been a bad idea. She squinted at Steelheart and did some quick calculations in her head. "Well, that's not half-bad." Steelheart bounced up as if to ask, [i]What?[/i] "I'm gonna need another golem," Arra said. The Steelhound looked pleased, but Arra had to conceal a smile. It wouldn't be that pleased when she was done. All this little contraption needed was [b](B) a little Skycat-shaped companion. Wings, the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow, the whole nine yards.[/b] All she had to do was make sure it could carry something about the size and shape of a coconut...
Day 7, Friday

14403321.png Steelhound

Arra woke up the next morning bleary-eyed, but pleased. All her hard work had paid off. Her mechanical nest-tender was finally looking something like what it was supposed to, except that all the parts weren't quite right, even if you looked past the golem in a hamster wheel. Even still, it was doing what it was supposed to. That was more than Arra had the right to ask for.

But it wasn't finished. When Arra stepped back and looked at it, it looked... bare. Incomplete. Nothing but the half-baked invention of a traveling tinker. Even Steelheart whimpered when he looked at it.

"I know, I know," Arra sighed to him. "But what am I supposed to add to it?"

Steelheart remained quiet, but looked up at her and wagged its tail ever so slightly.

"You're already a part of the invention, silly. You can't be the centerpiece, too. You'd have to stop powering it, and then..." Then again, a golem might not have been a bad idea. She squinted at Steelheart and did some quick calculations in her head. "Well, that's not half-bad."

Steelheart bounced up as if to ask, What?

"I'm gonna need another golem," Arra said. The Steelhound looked pleased, but Arra had to conceal a smile. It wouldn't be that pleased when she was done. All this little contraption needed was (B) a little Skycat-shaped companion. Wings, the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow, the whole nine yards. All she had to do was make sure it could carry something about the size and shape of a coconut...
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10355261] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/103553/10355261_350.png[/img] [/url] "And that, Athos, is how we know Sornieth to be banana-shaped" Rivendell paused momentarily in his geography lecture. "I think this just about does it. Finally finished. Now I know it's not as polished as I wanted it to be... and I had to get rid of some of the original functions I had planned... but it [i]is[/i] done. Hopefully the judges will approve of it. You do think they will approve of it right? [i]RIGHT[/i]? Oh god. What if they hate it?" "Huh. Yeah. Very nice bit of swag you have there. I'm just confused about one thing: Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes. I didn't understand that bit of your lecture mate." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10777753] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/107778/10777753_350.png[/img] [/url] Rivendell stopped puttering about with his invention and stared at his friend. "Sheep's bladders? Earthquakes?!? What are you talking about Athos?" He said bewildered. Then it occurred to him. "You feel asleep again didn't you? You'll never make a very good lightening dragon if you don't learn at least a little more science." "Science is boring mate. And pirate's don't need science. Just a good ship and the open sea..." Athos stared off into the distance as if imagining waves flooding the shifting expanse. "Maybe we could convince the boss to move somewhere a little less dry?" Shaking his head once more at Athos' obsession with all things piratical [i](for all that Athos pretended to be bored by all thing scientific he really was a brilliant chemist when he could be made to pay attention, although it was possible he just liked the chance to cause explosions)[/i] Rivendell tightened the final few screws in his prototype. Both dragons looked over the finished invention. Resting on the workshop between them was a small [b]Skycat shaped golem[/b]. As it's power source kicked in and it's circuits came online; it began to beat it's wings. Slowly rising into the air, it hovered a few inches above the table top. "Well. I'm done. This is it. Now we just have to make sure it stays in one piece until the judges see it." RIvendell heaved a sigh of relief. It may not have been his original design but honestly the little golem was adorable. And its flight capabilities [i]were[/i] fairly impressive. Rivendell wasn't sure of the carrying capacity though. If he was lucky it would be able to manage something small at least. Perhaps about the size or weight of a coconut. "Hey Mate. I have a question" "Hmmm? What exactly would that be?" "If that wee thing wins you the contest, can I have the trophy?" [b]B) A little Skycat-shaped golem companion. Has operational wings and the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow. May or may not be able to carry coconuts.[/b] (Curse my weakness for Monty Python references.)

10355261_350.png

"And that, Athos, is how we know Sornieth to be banana-shaped" Rivendell paused momentarily in his geography lecture. "I think this just about does it. Finally finished. Now I know it's not as polished as I wanted it to be... and I had to get rid of some of the original functions I had planned... but it is done. Hopefully the judges will approve of it. You do think they will approve of it right? RIGHT? Oh god. What if they hate it?"

"Huh. Yeah. Very nice bit of swag you have there. I'm just confused about one thing: Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes. I didn't understand that bit of your lecture mate."

10777753_350.png

Rivendell stopped puttering about with his invention and stared at his friend. "Sheep's bladders? Earthquakes?!? What are you talking about Athos?" He said bewildered. Then it occurred to him. "You feel asleep again didn't you? You'll never make a very good lightening dragon if you don't learn at least a little more science."

"Science is boring mate. And pirate's don't need science. Just a good ship and the open sea..." Athos stared off into the distance as if imagining waves flooding the shifting expanse. "Maybe we could convince the boss to move somewhere a little less dry?"

Shaking his head once more at Athos' obsession with all things piratical (for all that Athos pretended to be bored by all thing scientific he really was a brilliant chemist when he could be made to pay attention, although it was possible he just liked the chance to cause explosions) Rivendell tightened the final few screws in his prototype.

Both dragons looked over the finished invention. Resting on the workshop between them was a small Skycat shaped golem. As it's power source kicked in and it's circuits came online; it began to beat it's wings. Slowly rising into the air, it hovered a few inches above the table top.

"Well. I'm done. This is it. Now we just have to make sure it stays in one piece until the judges see it." RIvendell heaved a sigh of relief. It may not have been his original design but honestly the little golem was adorable. And its flight capabilities were fairly impressive. Rivendell wasn't sure of the carrying capacity though. If he was lucky it would be able to manage something small at least. Perhaps about the size or weight of a coconut.

"Hey Mate. I have a question"

"Hmmm? What exactly would that be?"

"If that wee thing wins you the contest, can I have the trophy?"

B) A little Skycat-shaped golem companion. Has operational wings and the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow. May or may not be able to carry coconuts.

(Curse my weakness for Monty Python references.)

Day 7

B) A little Skycat-shaped golem companion. Has operational wings and the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow. May or may not be able to carry coconuts.

I'm probably going to lose control of the thing at it's going to fly away and smash into everyone else's inventions, but it's still going to be adorable! Hah! (I want one <3)
Day 7

I'm probably going to lose control of the thing at it's going to fly away and smash into everyone else's inventions, but it's still going to be adorable! Hah! (I want one <3)
cryperethy.pngdLIJPZ4.pngtumblr_nrv6v91RtB1th5aplo1_250.gif
@Kimdra
That's my little system so I can keep tabs on which RPs I like the best and who's writing good stories :D
@Kimdra
That's my little system so I can keep tabs on which RPs I like the best and who's writing good stories :D
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 53 54