Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 53 54
@BrinBellway @PurplePanda @Iztarshi @PrivateDetective @NicoleEirin @amsie @ThisOneIsBlue @dragonfire27 A) [item=clay] The instructor in the pottery studio helps you make your clay stronger by adding plant fibers and metal strands as you knead the clay. These additions will make your clay very strong once it has been baked in the kiln. You let the instructor place the items in the kiln, and you wince as you watch her simply place them into the red-hot oven with her bare hands. You catch a glimpse of her golden-orange eyes. A Fire dragon. You pick up your custom-crafted pieces later, they are perfect! (+3 Points)
@BrinBellway @PurplePanda @Iztarshi @PrivateDetective @NicoleEirin @amsie @ThisOneIsBlue @dragonfire27
A) Clay The instructor in the pottery studio helps you make your clay stronger by adding plant fibers and metal strands as you knead the clay. These additions will make your clay very strong once it has been baked in the kiln. You let the instructor place the items in the kiln, and you wince as you watch her simply place them into the red-hot oven with her bare hands. You catch a glimpse of her golden-orange eyes. A Fire dragon. You pick up your custom-crafted pieces later, they are perfect!
(+3 Points)
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
@Almedha @Windschein @TheBestiary @Asrayl @BeingOfNature @Darknessdragon @kokobean22 @lukascend @Serendipital @Kedia @felistopaz B) [item=redwood log] Wood is always a reliable material, so long as it can withstand a few sparks occasionally. You knew this option wouldn’t last forever, but for now it works really well, and your invention smells of redwood! Lovely! (+2 Points)
@Almedha @Windschein @TheBestiary @Asrayl @BeingOfNature @Darknessdragon @kokobean22 @lukascend @Serendipital @Kedia @felistopaz
B) Redwood Log Wood is always a reliable material, so long as it can withstand a few sparks occasionally. You knew this option wouldn’t last forever, but for now it works really well, and your invention smells of redwood! Lovely!
(+2 Points)
@Kizmetto @Stanzascale @kottadragon @Sasutin @Draconequis @Eialyne C) [item=small legbones] Bones; sure to impress any Plague dragon.Turns out not many others are impressed. Every other inventor you see who sees your invention either sneers, raises an eyebrow, or looks really uncomfortable. Except that odd Plague dragon. He’s giving you a thumbs-up. (+0 Points)
@Kizmetto @Stanzascale @kottadragon @Sasutin @Draconequis @Eialyne
C) Small Legbones Bones; sure to impress any Plague dragon.Turns out not many others are impressed. Every other inventor you see who sees your invention either sneers, raises an eyebrow, or looks really uncomfortable. Except that odd Plague dragon. He’s giving you a thumbs-up.
(+0 Points)
@Aleise @Drav @Schefflera @Helianthe @Chocoli @Rhyfel @rubyredtan @Luna @SaturdayLemon @Kimdra @Silvain @tigressRising @KittenFromHell @Stasha @Kaesa @Lundlaeva @SomeoneGhost @clanguardian @RandomShmoe @sagestuck D) [item=black iron segment] Yep. You went there. There as in scrap metal, the seemingly most abundant thing here at the faire. Sadly most of it is rusted and most of it is scratched or torn. You know you won’t get any points for improvisation or creativity in your material choices. (+1 Point)
@Aleise @Drav @Schefflera @Helianthe @Chocoli @Rhyfel @rubyredtan @Luna @SaturdayLemon @Kimdra @Silvain @tigressRising @KittenFromHell @Stasha @Kaesa @Lundlaeva @SomeoneGhost @clanguardian @RandomShmoe @sagestuck
D) Black Iron Segment Yep. You went there. There as in scrap metal, the seemingly most abundant thing here at the faire. Sadly most of it is rusted and most of it is scratched or torn. You know you won’t get any points for improvisation or creativity in your material choices.
(+1 Point)
[center]Day 6 [item=borer scrapmetal][/center] You fold your arms and nod approvingly as you look at how the parts for your invention are coming together. It should be ready for judging in no time! Except you’ve got nothing to really hold together the metallic pieces into a compact and space-efficient shape. (Long term at least;duct tape and glue can only hold your invention together for a short amount of time). Nuts and bolts are needed to hold everything together with stability. Thankfully, unlike with the gears, it seems like there are plenty of places to find nuts and bolts around at the Faire. Where will you get your supplies from? [b]A)[/b] [item=chromefeather lookout] You decide to harvest them from some of the mechanical familiars wandering about. [b]B)[/b] [item=gold steampunk wings] You’ll get your nuts and bolts from the gold steampunk apparel lying around! There’s quite a lot of it, after all. [b]C)[/b] [item=golem gauntlet] Those Golem Gauntlets sold at the last Thundercrack Carnivale - those have got to have some nuts and bolts in them. [b]D)[/b] Ask around and see if anybody here has some spare nuts and bolts. You know this option is a gamble, many of the inventors didn’t arrive here with anything besides the ticket to pick up their invention.
Day 6
Borer Scrapmetal
You fold your arms and nod approvingly as you look at how the parts for your invention are coming together. It should be ready for judging in no time! Except you’ve got nothing to really hold together the metallic pieces into a compact and space-efficient shape. (Long term at least;duct tape and glue can only hold your invention together for a short amount of time). Nuts and bolts are needed to hold everything together with stability. Thankfully, unlike with the gears, it seems like there are plenty of places to find nuts and bolts around at the Faire. Where will you get your supplies from?

A) Chromefeather Lookout You decide to harvest them from some of the mechanical familiars wandering about.
B) Gold Steampunk Wings You’ll get your nuts and bolts from the gold steampunk apparel lying around! There’s quite a lot of it, after all.
C) Golem Gauntlet Those Golem Gauntlets sold at the last Thundercrack Carnivale - those have got to have some nuts and bolts in them.

D) Ask around and see if anybody here has some spare nuts and bolts. You know this option is a gamble, many of the inventors didn’t arrive here with anything besides the ticket to pick up their invention.
0 points again i am worst inventor [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11759325] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/117594/11759325_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=2] Urza, feeling utterly defeated and ashamed as other dragons mocked him, he trudged away with his invention to the far side of the room.. He sulked a little, folding his wings and angrily tugging at his benevolent creation. There was one last shot, he could at least make the sturdiest invention! He saw some mechanical chickens fleeting about freely. [b][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/11815.png[/img] He decided to harvest them from some of the mechanical familiars wandering about.[/b]
0 points again
i am worst inventor

11759325_350.png

Urza, feeling utterly defeated and ashamed as other dragons mocked him, he trudged away with his invention to the far side of the room.. He sulked a little, folding his wings and angrily tugging at his benevolent creation. There was one last shot, he could at least make the sturdiest invention!

He saw some mechanical chickens fleeting about freely.
11815.png
He decided to harvest them from some of the mechanical familiars wandering about.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3370147] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/33702/3370147_350.png[/img] [/url] Aki grimaced at the metal parts he'd been able to scrounge up. They could do with quite a bit of polish. Unfortunately, he hadn't though to bring any with him. No problem, though. His invention would surely work, even if it wouldn't look as nice as he'd hoped. Now he only had a few steps left to go before it was time to present his creation. "Nuts and bolt shouldn't be too hard to find. Certainly not more difficult than the power source." He muttered as he wandered the grounds. "There are plenty of things to dismantle for such small parts." Plenty of things, indeed, but not many that he could access. The mechanical familiars he passed over, after brief consideration. "I don't think other dragons would appreciate me demolishing their familiars, machines or no." The golem gauntlets reached the same conclusion. "I can't. Not when my own gauntlet is here." That only left the steampunk gear or, he shuddered at the thought, begging. Really, there was only one choice he could take. "I have no idea why there's so much apparel lying around. Hopefully none of their previous owners will mind!" [b]B) Steampunk gear[/b]

3370147_350.png

Aki grimaced at the metal parts he'd been able to scrounge up. They could do with quite a bit of polish. Unfortunately, he hadn't though to bring any with him. No problem, though. His invention would surely work, even if it wouldn't look as nice as he'd hoped. Now he only had a few steps left to go before it was time to present his creation.

"Nuts and bolt shouldn't be too hard to find. Certainly not more difficult than the power source." He muttered as he wandered the grounds. "There are plenty of things to dismantle for such small parts." Plenty of things, indeed, but not many that he could access.

The mechanical familiars he passed over, after brief consideration. "I don't think other dragons would appreciate me demolishing their familiars, machines or no."

The golem gauntlets reached the same conclusion. "I can't. Not when my own gauntlet is here."

That only left the steampunk gear or, he shuddered at the thought, begging. Really, there was only one choice he could take.

"I have no idea why there's so much apparel lying around. Hopefully none of their previous owners will mind!"

B) Steampunk gear

leWQTdB.png5hF3FGk.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=73458] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/735/73458_350.png[/img] [/url] "Useless, useless, useless!" Maybe she didn't think this through. The metal wasn't exactly the best quality, after all... but what else was she to use? She wanted to make her invention [i]work[/i], not pretty and fancy. Besides, the rune carvings should provide more than enough "pretty". Whatever. She needed something to hold the decent scraps of metal she managed to find together. She looked around. Familiars? No. She didn't think angering any more dragons would be a good idea. Those... Golems? She could always use a few extra, and dismantling such a charming piece of engineering really seemed like a big waste! She wondered if she could save some for later. Looked like she would have to make do with the steampunk apparel lying around. At least she did not have to scrap the one she brought with her! Those wing blades would probably make a fine addition, too, and they probably had some gears on them that she could use... She didn't really manage to find any earlier. [b]B) You’ll get your nuts and bolts from the gold steampunk apparel lying around! There’s quite a lot of it, after all.[/b]

73458_350.png

"Useless, useless, useless!" Maybe she didn't think this through. The metal wasn't exactly the best quality, after all... but what else was she to use? She wanted to make her invention work, not pretty and fancy.

Besides, the rune carvings should provide more than enough "pretty".

Whatever. She needed something to hold the decent scraps of metal she managed to find together. She looked around. Familiars? No. She didn't think angering any more dragons would be a good idea.

Those... Golems? She could always use a few extra, and dismantling such a charming piece of engineering really seemed like a big waste! She wondered if she could save some for later.

Looked like she would have to make do with the steampunk apparel lying around. At least she did not have to scrap the one she brought with her! Those wing blades would probably make a fine addition, too, and they probably had some gears on them that she could use... She didn't really manage to find any earlier.

B) You’ll get your nuts and bolts from the gold steampunk apparel lying around! There’s quite a lot of it, after all.
6pUNHAC.gif
[center][b]Day 4, Wednesday[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14403321][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/144034/14403321.png[/img][/url][item=steelhound][/center] "Now I just need something to hold all this stuff together," Arra said, looking at Steelheart. The hound sniffed around the perimeter of the box that Arra had cordoned off. Her invention had been this big. It was probably supposed to be a similar size, even with the improvised parts. But... nuts and bolts... Surely she could scavenge some from around here. Arra eyed a Chromefeather flapping past. Nuts and bolts there--but she'd feel terrible disassembling one golem and using another for power... Might as well just build the whole thing out of golems at that point. "I guess you wouldn't like that too much, though?" Arra asked Steelheart. She decided not to disassemble one of its brethren. But she didn't have many other options. She could always ask to borrow some--assuming anyone had any extras. She could always take apart one of those expensive lightning-made gauntlets, but something about that struck her as foolish. When she looked around, though, she realized something she'd not seen before. The amount of discarded [b](B) steampunk-style clothing[/b] was outrageous. Even the scarf she was wearing had a gear with a nut and bolt on it. She could definitely scavenge some gears from these! There's quite a lot of it, after all.
Day 4, Wednesday

14403321.png Steelhound

"Now I just need something to hold all this stuff together," Arra said, looking at Steelheart.

The hound sniffed around the perimeter of the box that Arra had cordoned off. Her invention had been this big. It was probably supposed to be a similar size, even with the improvised parts. But... nuts and bolts... Surely she could scavenge some from around here.

Arra eyed a Chromefeather flapping past. Nuts and bolts there--but she'd feel terrible disassembling one golem and using another for power... Might as well just build the whole thing out of golems at that point.

"I guess you wouldn't like that too much, though?" Arra asked Steelheart.

She decided not to disassemble one of its brethren. But she didn't have many other options. She could always ask to borrow some--assuming anyone had any extras. She could always take apart one of those expensive lightning-made gauntlets, but something about that struck her as foolish. When she looked around, though, she realized something she'd not seen before.

The amount of discarded (B) steampunk-style clothing was outrageous. Even the scarf she was wearing had a gear with a nut and bolt on it. She could definitely scavenge some gears from these! There's quite a lot of it, after all.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9605046] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/96051/9605046_350.png[/img] [/url] "We need to find something to hold this all together," said Toby, eyeing their rusty scrap metal with some frustration. "Assuming it actually does any of what we need it to." He sighed. "This has not been a great year for us, has it?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8928540] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/89286/8928540_350.png[/img] [/url] "I have to admit, we might not actually win this," said Ed, grudgingly. She scanned the hall for ideas. "Why don't we take those obnoxious-looking guard birds apart for parts?" she said. "We can't do that! They might be someone's pets," said Toby. "Or. Something." "Oh, don't be ridiculous, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=139995&tab=dragon&did=14118551]Augustus[/url] used to take my pets apart all the time when we were hatchlings. Sometimes they weren't even the mechanical ones!" "That's horrible!" Toby said. "You can't -- just because -- why would anyone --" "Anyway, I'll catch some of them and then we can pull them apart!" she said cheerfully. "Isn't he your Guardian? Isn't he supposed to protect you? And not eat your pets?" "I don't think he ate them," she said uncertainly. "It might have been for Science? ...anyway, he says I'm his Charge because I can take care of myself! Which is true. Have you got any better ideas?" "We could... ask people if they have any spare materials?" She rolled all four of her eyes. "Haven't you noticed? Most of the other inventors are scrambling for parts as much as we are! Nobody will have anything to spare. Now, I'm going to go hunt down some security bots; you stay here and guard our power supply from hungry ridgebacks." Toby sighed and parked himself in front of their work-in-progress, resigned to watch Ed try to harvest nuts and bolts from [b]A. the mechanical familiars wandering about[/b].

9605046_350.png

"We need to find something to hold this all together," said Toby, eyeing their rusty scrap metal with some frustration. "Assuming it actually does any of what we need it to." He sighed. "This has not been a great year for us, has it?"

8928540_350.png

"I have to admit, we might not actually win this," said Ed, grudgingly. She scanned the hall for ideas. "Why don't we take those obnoxious-looking guard birds apart for parts?" she said.

"We can't do that! They might be someone's pets," said Toby. "Or. Something."

"Oh, don't be ridiculous, Augustus used to take my pets apart all the time when we were hatchlings. Sometimes they weren't even the mechanical ones!"

"That's horrible!" Toby said. "You can't -- just because -- why would anyone --"

"Anyway, I'll catch some of them and then we can pull them apart!" she said cheerfully.

"Isn't he your Guardian? Isn't he supposed to protect you? And not eat your pets?"

"I don't think he ate them," she said uncertainly. "It might have been for Science? ...anyway, he says I'm his Charge because I can take care of myself! Which is true. Have you got any better ideas?"

"We could... ask people if they have any spare materials?"

She rolled all four of her eyes. "Haven't you noticed? Most of the other inventors are scrambling for parts as much as we are! Nobody will have anything to spare. Now, I'm going to go hunt down some security bots; you stay here and guard our power supply from hungry ridgebacks."

Toby sighed and parked himself in front of their work-in-progress, resigned to watch Ed try to harvest nuts and bolts from A. the mechanical familiars wandering about.
xmas%20in%20july%20badge.gifcryotherapy%20badge.gif
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 53 54