Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 53 54
Xen greeted the coatls with several hellos and well wishes. A few gave him some rather perplexed looks with his quick signing, but thanks to his frequent work with Arden and Pip, the golem could actually translate most of it into decent coatl. Xen was so pleased with himself that he jotted down a few notes to return to Clan Fairewind's only coatl and their number one translator. The pair would certainly be pleased that their work with Xen had paid off so well.

The few Coatl not completely offended by the robotic imitation of their language fetched Xen a set of gears; a little rusty, but nothing a bit of oil and some elbow grease couldn't sort out. Xen thanked them with a few taps on his chin, promised their safe return and some extra profit for their investment, then headed back to the building to store his goods.

Ursa was fast asleep when he returned, but even so had managed to protect Xen's corner of the room. The rest of storage looked as though it had been cleared out; save for his work space. Some of the chalked out plans had become smudged and Xen's frills quivered with discontent. The nerve of some dragons. Another night of planning and re-planning. This thing would finally come together soon, he simply needed a few finishing touches.

Like a base.

"Pardon me." The voice of the ridgeback security officer from earlier in the week startled Xen awake. He glanced over to see the larger dragon holding out a small bat contentedly hanging on their claw. Ursa had moved, placing herself somewhere between Xen and the other dragon, but didn't look aggressive. The ridgeback spoke again once they knew Xen was awake, "Sorry to disturb you. This came for you today?"
Xen sat up and then flew forward to greet the bat who dropped from the Ridgeback's claw and deposited (where do they carry these things?) a scroll into Xen's hands before making itself comfortable in a dark corner of the storage room. Xen tapped his chin and the guard nodded.
"Right. Have a good day then."

The letter was from the clan. The writing was clearly Jasper's, though many had signed it. It started as an eloquent well wishing that quickly spiraled into a list of souveniers that everyone wanted from the trip. Bah, foolish dragons. Didn't they know he was working?
His father's signiture at the bottom of the letter caught his eye. His frills sparked; okay, just one gift.

Xen headed down to the lower floors and examined what was what. Aisles and aisles of dragons filled the open floor scheme peddling and showing this or that. He grabbed a few things for the folks back at the Plateau; he'd make them pay him back later.

The side rooms then caught his eye.

Classrooms with many different learning opportunities littered the halls. Pottery, drawing, painting, gardening; it was an educated dragon's candy store. With nothing to lose Xen hopped in and out of classes, staying long enough to cobble something together before flitting off to the next class. The furiosity of his own inner lighting sparked and buzzed across his frills, threatening to short out his golem each time it flew too close. He simply couldn't help it, there was so much potential here.

Idea.

With so many materials and so much to be done Xen realized he had exactly what he could need right in front of him. The question now became just what to use. Metal was an obvious choice, sure, but with his theme, it was something that felt rather limited; not to mention altering it would be a task much easier for a fire dragon. Bones were...an interesting choice, but impractical and rather morbid, even from a scientific standard. Clay could work, particularly with his small hands, but was also rather breakable.

B) But the wood.

Wood could be modified to any shape if one was careful and patient enough. It's a plentiful source, and could potentially serve as a host for his power source if he bred the plants together correctly. More than that, splitting and shaping the wood should be much simpler than working with many of the other materials.

He dove into the woodshop and got to work. He knew exactly how he would handle this.
Xen greeted the coatls with several hellos and well wishes. A few gave him some rather perplexed looks with his quick signing, but thanks to his frequent work with Arden and Pip, the golem could actually translate most of it into decent coatl. Xen was so pleased with himself that he jotted down a few notes to return to Clan Fairewind's only coatl and their number one translator. The pair would certainly be pleased that their work with Xen had paid off so well.

The few Coatl not completely offended by the robotic imitation of their language fetched Xen a set of gears; a little rusty, but nothing a bit of oil and some elbow grease couldn't sort out. Xen thanked them with a few taps on his chin, promised their safe return and some extra profit for their investment, then headed back to the building to store his goods.

Ursa was fast asleep when he returned, but even so had managed to protect Xen's corner of the room. The rest of storage looked as though it had been cleared out; save for his work space. Some of the chalked out plans had become smudged and Xen's frills quivered with discontent. The nerve of some dragons. Another night of planning and re-planning. This thing would finally come together soon, he simply needed a few finishing touches.

Like a base.

"Pardon me." The voice of the ridgeback security officer from earlier in the week startled Xen awake. He glanced over to see the larger dragon holding out a small bat contentedly hanging on their claw. Ursa had moved, placing herself somewhere between Xen and the other dragon, but didn't look aggressive. The ridgeback spoke again once they knew Xen was awake, "Sorry to disturb you. This came for you today?"
Xen sat up and then flew forward to greet the bat who dropped from the Ridgeback's claw and deposited (where do they carry these things?) a scroll into Xen's hands before making itself comfortable in a dark corner of the storage room. Xen tapped his chin and the guard nodded.
"Right. Have a good day then."

The letter was from the clan. The writing was clearly Jasper's, though many had signed it. It started as an eloquent well wishing that quickly spiraled into a list of souveniers that everyone wanted from the trip. Bah, foolish dragons. Didn't they know he was working?
His father's signiture at the bottom of the letter caught his eye. His frills sparked; okay, just one gift.

Xen headed down to the lower floors and examined what was what. Aisles and aisles of dragons filled the open floor scheme peddling and showing this or that. He grabbed a few things for the folks back at the Plateau; he'd make them pay him back later.

The side rooms then caught his eye.

Classrooms with many different learning opportunities littered the halls. Pottery, drawing, painting, gardening; it was an educated dragon's candy store. With nothing to lose Xen hopped in and out of classes, staying long enough to cobble something together before flitting off to the next class. The furiosity of his own inner lighting sparked and buzzed across his frills, threatening to short out his golem each time it flew too close. He simply couldn't help it, there was so much potential here.

Idea.

With so many materials and so much to be done Xen realized he had exactly what he could need right in front of him. The question now became just what to use. Metal was an obvious choice, sure, but with his theme, it was something that felt rather limited; not to mention altering it would be a task much easier for a fire dragon. Bones were...an interesting choice, but impractical and rather morbid, even from a scientific standard. Clay could work, particularly with his small hands, but was also rather breakable.

B) But the wood.

Wood could be modified to any shape if one was careful and patient enough. It's a plentiful source, and could potentially serve as a host for his power source if he bred the plants together correctly. More than that, splitting and shaping the wood should be much simpler than working with many of the other materials.

He dove into the woodshop and got to work. He knew exactly how he would handle this.
2irkjyq.gif
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5443143] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/54432/5443143_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] After yesterday's bad luck, Stark had taken most of the day off to distract himself from the disappointment. Jarvis - who would normally have begun to pester him hours ago to get back to work on their project - was uncharacteristically silent as he tagged along behind his master from the stalls to the workshops. Stark was pretty sure the Golem felt bad about running away from the Ridgeback who had caught him poking at the useless Hoard near the oasis. At first he didn't say anything at all, a little cruelly pleased that his companion was feeling the sting of guilt. However, as the day wore on, his own words from the night before came back to gnaw on his conscience. Jarvis had done his best, and the Ridgeback who had chased him from the oasis Lair had been [i]enormous[/i]. Stark himself would have turned tail and fled in that position. Besides, it had been Stark's own decision to search the oasis Lair for parts: Jarvis had tried to discourage him. He finished the metalworking workshop, and then went to collect the Golem from where he had left him by the entrance. "Jarvis," he said, and the Golem lifted his head slowly to look at him. Though his face was as unmoving as ever, Stark got a distinctly dejected impression from his metal companion. "Yes, sir?" Jarvis said, awaiting an instruction. "I should've listened to you yesterday," Stark said, not quite able to meet the Golem's glowing eyes. He wasn't any good at this - this whole feelings and apologies thing. Technically speaking, he shouldn't even have to worry about Jarvis's feelings because he was a robot: he shouldn't [i]have[/i] any. Yet it was pretty clear that Jarvis was more than just circuitry and gears, and pretty much from the moment he'd been activated, he had been Stark's constant companion - and at this point it would be stupid to deny that, for all he was made of metal and crafted by Stark's claws, Jarvis was one of his closest friends. He felt like a heel for some of the things he'd said the night before, and he might not be able to swallow his pride and actually say the words 'I'm sorry' - but he could do the next best thing. Before the Golem could say anything in response, he continued, "So I'm going t listen to you now: what do you think we should do about the frame and exterior?" Jarvis's eyes flickered, almost like a rapid blink. "Sir?" "I'm asking your opinion, Jarvis," Stark said a little impatiently. "Come on, I know you [i]have[/i] one, and you usually turn out to be pretty good with that calculating odds thing, so tell me - what would be best to use?" Jarvis drew himself up a little, the slump disappearing from his shoulders and his wings rising back towards their normal position, instead of hanging low down his back. "What are the options, Sir?" he asked. "You know as well as I do," Stark said, gesturing around the Faire. "Whatever we can get our hands on around here, right?" Jarvis was quiet for a moment, his mechanics making soft noises and the occasional spark running across his skull and down his spine as he ran scans and calculations. Eventually, he quirked his head, then beat his wings and felt up to hover in front of Stark's face. "There is a large amount of scrap metal in the vicinity," he announced. "I believe this would be the optimum material." Stark nodded. "Scrap metal it is. Hey, do you think we could give the invention a cool paint job after? I might even let you choose the colours - what do you think, J?" Jarvis's cogs clattered in a familiar, tinkling laugh. "I think, Sir," he said, "That we ought to focus on building the machine before we consider aesthetics." "Yeah, yeah," Stark said, waving a paw as he set off to collect some of the scrap metal. Yes, it was important to have a working invention - but it was even better to have one that looked awesome too. [b]D) [item=black iron segment] There is scrap metal everywhere. Like literally everywhere. [/b]

After yesterday's bad luck, Stark had taken most of the day off to distract himself from the disappointment. Jarvis - who would normally have begun to pester him hours ago to get back to work on their project - was uncharacteristically silent as he tagged along behind his master from the stalls to the workshops.

Stark was pretty sure the Golem felt bad about running away from the Ridgeback who had caught him poking at the useless Hoard near the oasis. At first he didn't say anything at all, a little cruelly pleased that his companion was feeling the sting of guilt. However, as the day wore on, his own words from the night before came back to gnaw on his conscience. Jarvis had done his best, and the Ridgeback who had chased him from the oasis Lair had been enormous. Stark himself would have turned tail and fled in that position. Besides, it had been Stark's own decision to search the oasis Lair for parts: Jarvis had tried to discourage him.

He finished the metalworking workshop, and then went to collect the Golem from where he had left him by the entrance.

"Jarvis," he said, and the Golem lifted his head slowly to look at him. Though his face was as unmoving as ever, Stark got a distinctly dejected impression from his metal companion.

"Yes, sir?" Jarvis said, awaiting an instruction.

"I should've listened to you yesterday," Stark said, not quite able to meet the Golem's glowing eyes. He wasn't any good at this - this whole feelings and apologies thing. Technically speaking, he shouldn't even have to worry about Jarvis's feelings because he was a robot: he shouldn't have any. Yet it was pretty clear that Jarvis was more than just circuitry and gears, and pretty much from the moment he'd been activated, he had been Stark's constant companion - and at this point it would be stupid to deny that, for all he was made of metal and crafted by Stark's claws, Jarvis was one of his closest friends.

He felt like a heel for some of the things he'd said the night before, and he might not be able to swallow his pride and actually say the words 'I'm sorry' - but he could do the next best thing.

Before the Golem could say anything in response, he continued, "So I'm going t listen to you now: what do you think we should do about the frame and exterior?"

Jarvis's eyes flickered, almost like a rapid blink. "Sir?"

"I'm asking your opinion, Jarvis," Stark said a little impatiently. "Come on, I know you have one, and you usually turn out to be pretty good with that calculating odds thing, so tell me - what would be best to use?"

Jarvis drew himself up a little, the slump disappearing from his shoulders and his wings rising back towards their normal position, instead of hanging low down his back.

"What are the options, Sir?" he asked.

"You know as well as I do," Stark said, gesturing around the Faire. "Whatever we can get our hands on around here, right?"

Jarvis was quiet for a moment, his mechanics making soft noises and the occasional spark running across his skull and down his spine as he ran scans and calculations. Eventually, he quirked his head, then beat his wings and felt up to hover in front of Stark's face.

"There is a large amount of scrap metal in the vicinity," he announced. "I believe this would be the optimum material."

Stark nodded. "Scrap metal it is. Hey, do you think we could give the invention a cool paint job after? I might even let you choose the colours - what do you think, J?"

Jarvis's cogs clattered in a familiar, tinkling laugh. "I think, Sir," he said, "That we ought to focus on building the machine before we consider aesthetics."

"Yeah, yeah," Stark said, waving a paw as he set off to collect some of the scrap metal. Yes, it was important to have a working invention - but it was even better to have one that looked awesome too.

D) Black Iron Segment There is scrap metal everywhere. Like literally everywhere.
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
Day 5: D. Black Iron Segment/scrap metal.
Day 5: D. Black Iron Segment/scrap metal.
163mug.png
[center][b]Day 5[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8104583][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/81046/8104583.png[/img][/url][/center] Qamar thinks that taking a morning off is perfectly justified. Initially, when he'd still though he has a ready invention to present to the judges, he'd planned to spend much more time just ambling around at the faire. Now it's the fifth day already, and he has had barely any time to really look around. It's not like he can spend the whole day like this, but Qamar thinks he can afford a short break. He managed to get quite a lot done yesterday, after he got the gears from the friendly clan of Coatls. The condition of the gears might leave something to be desired, but they should work. It's not like the device has to keep running at full power for very long here. It should survive through the demonstraion just fine. In the end, Qamar can't spend the [i]whole[/i] morning doing practically nothing, and ends up in a couple of workshops. They actually help him relax a bit, and after grabbing some lunch, he sets to work again. He has a power source - however questionable it is - and the needed gears. Now, finsing materials for the framework would probably be the wisest course of action. The ubiquitous scrap metal is the most obvious choice, but Qamar hesitates a bit. With so little power available, the metal might be too heavy to be practical. Or at least the iron parts he can found. Titanium, for example, would be a different story... but maybe he could use something else. Like... wood? He eyes the logs in the woodshop. Wood would be lighter. Easier to come by outside the Lightning territory, too, Qamar thinks. But then again, it's also flammable, and susceptible to water. The clay in the pottery workshop seems too fragile, and the only other material he can find is... bones. Well. At least they're kind of designed to be durable, and are more or less easy to come by everywhere. They aren't perhaps the most aesthetically pleasing choice for the framework, but if they fulfill their task, Qamar isn't going to be picky. It's not like his other materials are state-of-the-art, either. Qamar gathers some [b]C) bones[/b], and promises to himself that the next mark of the device will have a lightweight alloy skeleton instead of a literal one.
Day 5

8104583.png

Qamar thinks that taking a morning off is perfectly justified. Initially, when he'd still though he has a ready invention to present to the judges, he'd planned to spend much more time just ambling around at the faire. Now it's the fifth day already, and he has had barely any time to really look around. It's not like he can spend the whole day like this, but Qamar thinks he can afford a short break. He managed to get quite a lot done yesterday, after he got the gears from the friendly clan of Coatls. The condition of the gears might leave something to be desired, but they should work. It's not like the device has to keep running at full power for very long here. It should survive through the demonstraion just fine.

In the end, Qamar can't spend the whole morning doing practically nothing, and ends up in a couple of workshops. They actually help him relax a bit, and after grabbing some lunch, he sets to work again. He has a power source - however questionable it is - and the needed gears. Now, finsing materials for the framework would probably be the wisest course of action.

The ubiquitous scrap metal is the most obvious choice, but Qamar hesitates a bit. With so little power available, the metal might be too heavy to be practical. Or at least the iron parts he can found. Titanium, for example, would be a different story... but maybe he could use something else. Like... wood? He eyes the logs in the woodshop. Wood would be lighter. Easier to come by outside the Lightning territory, too, Qamar thinks. But then again, it's also flammable, and susceptible to water. The clay in the pottery workshop seems too fragile, and the only other material he can find is... bones.

Well.

At least they're kind of designed to be durable, and are more or less easy to come by everywhere. They aren't perhaps the most aesthetically pleasing choice for the framework, but if they fulfill their task, Qamar isn't going to be picky. It's not like his other materials are state-of-the-art, either. Qamar gathers some C) bones, and promises to himself that the next mark of the device will have a lightweight alloy skeleton instead of a literal one.
@Stormdragon [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14569802] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/145699/14569802_350.png[/img] [/url] Ahh what a lovely morning. Yes. The Wildclaw stretched his body to the sky. Ahhh... He felt so alive today.. so bright and alive. Today was going to be a good day. Even though the Coatls had been.. less than friendly about lending him some rather rusty gears, he really didn't care. He brushed the rust out last night with the help of Fourty-two. [b]"Morning Fourty-two."[/b] The Wildclaw called over his shoulder to his sleek metal companion [b]"Bliblibili.. up...grade in..stalled."[/b] Fourty-two whirred. [b]"Upgrade? What?"[/b] The wildclaw turned to look behind him where Fourty-two's voice was coming from. He stared blankly in disbelief at his hind legs. They had been cloaked in a complex layer of metal, which looked oddly similar to the Golem Gauntlet its self. Electricity surged to power the metal pieces. He sucked in a breath, not believing what he was seeing. [b]"Why did you upgrade me?"[/b] he questioned. [b]"Blibli... up.. gradeee.. up...gradee.. bet..terrr.. sys..systern."[/b] Fourty-two beeped. [b]"I..improoooove. Fast....er."[/b] Really? He was faster now? With these boots? The Wildclaw gave a start and the boots made strange engine noises. He was off like a rocket, the boots springing him forward. he grinned as the energy surged through his body. A shot of adrenaline surged through his body as he surged forwards, enjoying the wind whipping past his face. he skidded to a stop, boots hissing and crackling with energy. [b]"Awesome."[/b] the Wildclaw hummed, surveying himself in the river. Was it just him or did his wings look incredibly shiny? [b]"Did you polish my wings?"[/b] "Aff...ffirrr..maa...tii..vvvve." Fourty-two nodded. The wildclaw raised an eyebrow. [b]"Do me a favor Fourty-two. As much as i appreciate you polishing my wings and giving me these boots, no more upgrades unless i've approved them, alright?"[/b] [b]"Aff..frriii.. ma.... tiiiivvvve."[/b] Fourty-two buzzed. [b]"Right, now down to business. I need a frame for my machine."[/b] He placed a claw at his chin, thinking deeply. he scoured the area before him, remembering what he had done yesterday. Well, it would certainly be interesting to create his machine from pottery, but that was also taking a rather large risk. Considering he had never worked with clay before, it wasn't the best medium for his work. Clay tended to be rather fragile, and he didn't want his frame cracking under pressure. Then there were logs. NO.. absolutely not. They could catch fire. A dangerous and stupid idea. And then there was metal. Metal frame. It seemed like the most obvious choice and indeed most dragons were headed there.. but.. it seemed almost too safe. And then there was the off chance his electricity powered motor would get fried, as metal tended to attract electrical energy. Lastly, there were bones. It would be interesting.. if they were young, springy bones he could bend them to make his structure. They conducted electricity well,and he would most certainly get the prize for most creative. he grinned and started to gather the bones. It was a bit macabre.. but also pretty exciting. He was forging new ground here, being creative and different. He couldn't wait to see if it worked. He hummed as he gathered the bones, only grasping the most sturdy and freshest ones he could get. [b]C.) Bones are strong! Especially when they’re um...well...fresh.[/b]
@Stormdragon

14569802_350.png

Ahh what a lovely morning. Yes. The Wildclaw stretched his body to the sky. Ahhh... He felt so alive today.. so bright and alive. Today was going to be a good day. Even though the Coatls had been.. less than friendly about lending him some rather rusty gears, he really didn't care. He brushed the rust out last night with the help of Fourty-two.

"Morning Fourty-two." The Wildclaw called over his shoulder to his sleek metal companion

"Bliblibili.. up...grade in..stalled." Fourty-two whirred.

"Upgrade? What?" The wildclaw turned to look behind him where Fourty-two's voice was coming from. He stared blankly in disbelief at his hind legs. They had been cloaked in a complex layer of metal, which looked oddly similar to the Golem Gauntlet its self. Electricity surged to power the metal pieces. He sucked in a breath, not believing what he was seeing. "Why did you upgrade me?" he questioned.

"Blibli... up.. gradeee.. up...gradee.. bet..terrr.. sys..systern." Fourty-two beeped. "I..improoooove. Fast....er."

Really? He was faster now? With these boots? The Wildclaw gave a start and the boots made strange engine noises. He was off like a rocket, the boots springing him forward. he grinned as the energy surged through his body. A shot of adrenaline surged through his body as he surged forwards, enjoying the wind whipping past his face. he skidded to a stop, boots hissing and crackling with energy. "Awesome." the Wildclaw hummed, surveying himself in the river. Was it just him or did his wings look incredibly shiny? "Did you polish my wings?"

"Aff...ffirrr..maa...tii..vvvve." Fourty-two nodded.

The wildclaw raised an eyebrow. "Do me a favor Fourty-two. As much as i appreciate you polishing my wings and giving me these boots, no more upgrades unless i've approved them, alright?"

"Aff..frriii.. ma.... tiiiivvvve." Fourty-two buzzed.

"Right, now down to business. I need a frame for my machine." He placed a claw at his chin, thinking deeply. he scoured the area before him, remembering what he had done yesterday.

Well, it would certainly be interesting to create his machine from pottery, but that was also taking a rather large risk. Considering he had never worked with clay before, it wasn't the best medium for his work. Clay tended to be rather fragile, and he didn't want his frame cracking under pressure.

Then there were logs. NO.. absolutely not. They could catch fire. A dangerous and stupid idea.

And then there was metal. Metal frame. It seemed like the most obvious choice and indeed most dragons were headed there.. but.. it seemed almost too safe. And then there was the off chance his electricity powered motor would get fried, as metal tended to attract electrical energy.

Lastly, there were bones. It would be interesting.. if they were young, springy bones he could bend them to make his structure. They conducted electricity well,and he would most certainly get the prize for most creative. he grinned and started to gather the bones. It was a bit macabre.. but also pretty exciting. He was forging new ground here, being creative and different. He couldn't wait to see if it worked. He hummed as he gathered the bones, only grasping the most sturdy and freshest ones he could get.

C.) Bones are strong! Especially when they’re um...well...fresh.
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4774352] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/47744/4774352_350.png[/img] [/url] Tesla was on his last -very frayed- nerve. After the adrenaline from fleeing the ridgeback had faded, he'd felt empty and drained. Morose, he was more annoyed than excited by the festival crowds, and completely ignored the food vendors. Not bothering to shoo his familiar or golem along, he simply expected them to either follow him or find him later. [i]What a day.[/i] Finally giving into exhaustion and his poor mood, he pushed his way into a tent, and was surprised to find the ongoing workshops. Even at his worst moments Tesla couldn't resist the opportunity to learn something new. And so he sat down and watched the demonstrations, gladly tinkering with the available materials when he was able. The metalworking and electrical classes were impossible to pass up, but he indulged in the woodworking session as well. Those sorts of skills would come in handy for his woodland home lair. With the chance to spark his mind, Tesla found himself refreshed. He was soon absently munching on some tasty fried bugs from a nearby stall, and brainstorming again. "Well..." he started. "I may not have any gears from that fiasco, but I'll bet I can find some later. Enough about the inside! The supplies from these workshops have plenty of materials for the outside of my device. The woodworking was enlightening, but I'll stick with what I know for now." The fae was soon darting to and fro, quickly gathering up all of the scrap metal he could hold. [b]D) [item=black iron segment][/b]

4774352_350.png

Tesla was on his last -very frayed- nerve. After the adrenaline from fleeing the ridgeback had faded, he'd felt empty and drained. Morose, he was more annoyed than excited by the festival crowds, and completely ignored the food vendors. Not bothering to shoo his familiar or golem along, he simply expected them to either follow him or find him later. What a day.
Finally giving into exhaustion and his poor mood, he pushed his way into a tent, and was surprised to find the ongoing workshops. Even at his worst moments Tesla couldn't resist the opportunity to learn something new. And so he sat down and watched the demonstrations, gladly tinkering with the available materials when he was able. The metalworking and electrical classes were impossible to pass up, but he indulged in the woodworking session as well. Those sorts of skills would come in handy for his woodland home lair.
With the chance to spark his mind, Tesla found himself refreshed. He was soon absently munching on some tasty fried bugs from a nearby stall, and brainstorming again.
"Well..." he started. "I may not have any gears from that fiasco, but I'll bet I can find some later. Enough about the inside! The supplies from these workshops have plenty of materials for the outside of my device. The woodworking was enlightening, but I'll stick with what I know for now."
The fae was soon darting to and fro, quickly gathering up all of the scrap metal he could hold.

D) Black Iron Segment
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10777753] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/107778/10777753_350.png[/img] [/url] "You could take a morning off y'know, do something just for fun for a change." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10355261] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/103553/10355261_350.png[/img] [/url] Glancing up from the gears he was cleaning RIvendell met the gaze of his best friend. "I don't have time for fun. It was nice of those coatls to give us these but they really are horribly rusty. They need to be cleaned. And then I have to find something to use for the framework and the inside will need more work, and then I really should do something about the presentation. No one will vote for it if it doesn't look at least a little cool....." "No. You're taking a break. C'mon mate, if you're overworked you get stressed, then you panic and none of this will get done savvy? We're going to go and check out the stalls, maybe get some grog... find a few pretty girls to flirt with. It'll be awesome!" ============= Leaving Athos in the company of a young pearlcatcher who seemed determined to sell him every friendship bracelet on her table; and Athos would let her, he was[i] ridiculously[/i] indulgent of children, Rivendell decided to explore some of the side rooms. After wandering for nearly an hour and avoiding several attempts from determined vendors to sell him their wares, he came across a workshop with several crafting stations and instructors. [i]Now this is more like it[/i], he thought, [i]finally somehing fun[/i]! Afte doing a quick circuit of the room and examing all the stations he decided on the pottery wheels and kilns. Not only was it a skill he had yet to acquire, it also seemed less populated than some of the other areas. ============ "Hey I found you! I've been looking for hours, I was starting to assume that you'd abandoned ship and deserted me." Athos laughed and reached out and pulled his friend in for a hug. "Oh gross! You're covered in mud! What have you been [i]doing [/i]in here?!?" "It's not mud, well not [i]really[/i], it's clay. And this is fun! And that clay has excellent building properties. It's far stronger than you would think, has low thermal conductivity, low fracture rates, it's non magnetic and it wears really well. Also did you know.... " "Spare me the lecture mate and just tell me what you're planning." "I'm going to use it for my inventions framework!" Rivendell held up double handfuls of raw clay, "This stuff is going to help win the competition for me!" "Assuming you can use the kiln. And that you know what you're doing." "Yes. Assuming that. But Athos I mean really, I [i]always[/i] know what I'm doing." [b]Choice A: Clay. Looks like the arts and crafts room will be useful after all. If you can get access to the kiln.[/b]

10777753_350.png

"You could take a morning off y'know, do something just for fun for a change."

10355261_350.png

Glancing up from the gears he was cleaning RIvendell met the gaze of his best friend. "I don't have time for fun. It was nice of those coatls to give us these but they really are horribly rusty. They need to be cleaned. And then I have to find something to use for the framework and the inside will need more work, and then I really should do something about the presentation. No one will vote for it if it doesn't look at least a little cool....."

"No. You're taking a break. C'mon mate, if you're overworked you get stressed, then you panic and none of this will get done savvy? We're going to go and check out the stalls, maybe get some grog... find a few pretty girls to flirt with. It'll be awesome!"

=============

Leaving Athos in the company of a young pearlcatcher who seemed determined to sell him every friendship bracelet on her table; and Athos would let her, he was ridiculously indulgent of children, Rivendell decided to explore some of the side rooms. After wandering for nearly an hour and avoiding several attempts from determined vendors to sell him their wares, he came across a workshop with several crafting stations and instructors. Now this is more like it, he thought, finally somehing fun!

Afte doing a quick circuit of the room and examing all the stations he decided on the pottery wheels and kilns. Not only was it a skill he had yet to acquire, it also seemed less populated than some of the other areas.

============

"Hey I found you! I've been looking for hours, I was starting to assume that you'd abandoned ship and deserted me." Athos laughed and reached out and pulled his friend in for a hug. "Oh gross! You're covered in mud! What have you been doing in here?!?"

"It's not mud, well not really, it's clay. And this is fun! And that clay has excellent building properties. It's far stronger than you would think, has low thermal conductivity, low fracture rates, it's non magnetic and it wears really well. Also did you know.... "

"Spare me the lecture mate and just tell me what you're planning."

"I'm going to use it for my inventions framework!" Rivendell held up double handfuls of raw clay, "This stuff is going to help win the competition for me!"

"Assuming you can use the kiln. And that you know what you're doing."

"Yes. Assuming that. But Athos I mean really, I always know what I'm doing."

Choice A: Clay. Looks like the arts and crafts room will be useful after all. If you can get access to the kiln.

[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14317038] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/143171/14317038_350.png[/img] [/url] Dorcha snickers as she plays around with the duct tape and scrap metal. Who needs actual gears anyways? These two items actually seem to be working for what she is planning. Granted, it's not the [i]perfect[/i] picture of what she had imagined...but it's good enough. Specially since she's doing this under time constraints and with whatever she is able to find. Good thing she didn't eat all the Almonds tho, as she can use them as a replacement power source. Which reminds her, should go find some more later and bring them back home for everyone. Dorcha looks up suddenly. Oh, it's the next day already isn't it? Suppose she should find something for the frame work of this new invention of hers. She lifts herself up and winces as her back leg protests the movement. She didn't move fast enough to completely avoid the Ridgeback's swipe and got a nice gash as a leaving present. Taking to the air, Dorcha flies around taking everything in. She laughs as the Pearlcatcher tries to put a bracelet on her, but it slides right off her wrist. Feeling bad, Dorcha wears it like a necklace and pays for it before heading down to the first floor. Oooooo, look at all the goodies here that she can use. Before she is able to figure out what material to aim for, she gets distracted by the starting of a class and she goes to join. Then another one starts and she does that one, and then [i]another[/i] starts and she does that one as well. Finally she pauses and remembers that she's suppose to be looking for parts. The Spiral lands on the back of a rest Guardian and ponders her choices. Clay wouldn't really work for what she has in mind...and the wood wouldn't work either. Hmmm, she knows how strong bones can be, but it'll be easier to find the right type of parts from the scrap metals laying about. Deciding on that, she rises up into the air and starts looking for the right pieces needed. [b]D) [item=black iron segment] [/b][b]There is scrap metal everywhere. Like literally everywhere.[/b]

14317038_350.png

Dorcha snickers as she plays around with the duct tape and scrap metal. Who needs actual gears anyways? These two items actually seem to be working for what she is planning.

Granted, it's not the perfect picture of what she had imagined...but it's good enough. Specially since she's doing this under time constraints and with whatever she is able to find.

Good thing she didn't eat all the Almonds tho, as she can use them as a replacement power source. Which reminds her, should go find some more later and bring them back home for everyone.

Dorcha looks up suddenly. Oh, it's the next day already isn't it? Suppose she should find something for the frame work of this new invention of hers. She lifts herself up and winces as her back leg protests the movement.

She didn't move fast enough to completely avoid the Ridgeback's swipe and got a nice gash as a leaving present.

Taking to the air, Dorcha flies around taking everything in. She laughs as the Pearlcatcher tries to put a bracelet on her, but it slides right off her wrist. Feeling bad, Dorcha wears it like a necklace and pays for it before heading down to the first floor.

Oooooo, look at all the goodies here that she can use. Before she is able to figure out what material to aim for, she gets distracted by the starting of a class and she goes to join. Then another one starts and she does that one, and then another starts and she does that one as well.

Finally she pauses and remembers that she's suppose to be looking for parts. The Spiral lands on the back of a rest Guardian and ponders her choices.

Clay wouldn't really work for what she has in mind...and the wood wouldn't work either. Hmmm, she knows how strong bones can be, but it'll be easier to find the right type of parts from the scrap metals laying about. Deciding on that, she rises up into the air and starts looking for the right pieces needed.

D) Black Iron Segment There is scrap metal everywhere. Like literally everywhere.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13163624] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/131637/13163624_350.png[/img] [/url] Agate grinned. He’d gotten some gears. They might not be in brand-new condition, but they’d work fine for what he needed, and he’d never been a complainer. He thanked the coatls heartily, and flew back to the Faire building, cradling his hard won loot. After a bit of work on his invention, starting to put together what he already had: the now-powered engine, and the gears, Agate called it a night. There were more parts to be found tomorrow. He still needed to find all the material needed to complete the frame. Agate made sure to get up early so that he could explore the faire to the fullest. He sampled foods from all over Sornieth, poked his head in various vendors’ booths, picked up a few trinkets and souvenirs, and wandered for quite sometime. Once he was done perusing the festival, Agate was a bit surprised at how many workshops, and their accompanying workspaces were open for festivalgoers. That should make it easy though to find materials to make a frame and the space to make the frame in, if need be. There’s a pottery room, a metalworking room, woodworking room, along with a few assorted others, and after a bit of looking around, Agate decided that there were four materials he could use to construct the framework for his invention. Clay, wood, bone, and metal. Agate dismissed the clay almost immediately. He hasn’t done much work with it before, but he’s seen others use it. He even took a few minutes to watch some of the skilled potters at work here on the Fairgrounds. Constructing something worthwhile from clay takes a steady, experienced hand, and he doesn’t have that. The other materials have more promise. He wasn’t sure how he felt about the bone. It would certainly lend a unique appearance. Metal is a more common construction material for sure. But then metal is also the most conductive, though whether that’s a bad, or a good thing, he hasn’t decided yet…But then there’s also wood, and plenty of it. He needed to remember to take the power output of his engine into consideration too… After a bit more thought, Agate eventually decided on using the [b]B) Redwood Logs. He has access to the woodshop, after all, so he can shape them however he likes![/b] So many other inventions will be using metal, he already saw some of his competitors, the ones that didn’t get lost on the way to the Faire at least, using the material in their constructions. Standing out a little bit might be good. “What were the judging categories again?” He blinked a few times, trying to remember. He’d have to look that up next time he passed by the Inventor’s Faire information booth. Whatever, though. Wood is a solid construction material, you can glue it, you can slot it into other pieces easily, there are countless ways to connect one piece to another. Overall wood is lighter than metal, and with such a hardwood, anything he builds would be sturdy! Agate grabbed a log and headed into to woodshop to get started.

13163624_350.png

Agate grinned. He’d gotten some gears. They might not be in brand-new condition, but they’d work fine for what he needed, and he’d never been a complainer. He thanked the coatls heartily, and flew back to the Faire building, cradling his hard won loot.

After a bit of work on his invention, starting to put together what he already had: the now-powered engine, and the gears, Agate called it a night. There were more parts to be found tomorrow. He still needed to find all the material needed to complete the frame.

Agate made sure to get up early so that he could explore the faire to the fullest. He sampled foods from all over Sornieth, poked his head in various vendors’ booths, picked up a few trinkets and souvenirs, and wandered for quite sometime. Once he was done perusing the festival, Agate was a bit surprised at how many workshops, and their accompanying workspaces were open for festivalgoers.

That should make it easy though to find materials to make a frame and the space to make the frame in, if need be. There’s a pottery room, a metalworking room, woodworking room, along with a few assorted others, and after a bit of looking around, Agate decided that there were four materials he could use to construct the framework for his invention.
Clay, wood, bone, and metal.

Agate dismissed the clay almost immediately. He hasn’t done much work with it before, but he’s seen others use it. He even took a few minutes to watch some of the skilled potters at work here on the Fairgrounds. Constructing something worthwhile from clay takes a steady, experienced hand, and he doesn’t have that. The other materials have more promise.

He wasn’t sure how he felt about the bone. It would certainly lend a unique appearance. Metal is a more common construction material for sure. But then metal is also the most conductive, though whether that’s a bad, or a good thing, he hasn’t decided yet…But then there’s also wood, and plenty of it. He needed to remember to take the power output of his engine into consideration too…

After a bit more thought, Agate eventually decided on using the B) Redwood Logs. He has access to the woodshop, after all, so he can shape them however he likes!
So many other inventions will be using metal, he already saw some of his competitors, the ones that didn’t get lost on the way to the Faire at least, using the material in their constructions.
Standing out a little bit might be good. “What were the judging categories again?” He blinked a few times, trying to remember. He’d have to look that up next time he passed by the Inventor’s Faire information booth.

Whatever, though. Wood is a solid construction material, you can glue it, you can slot it into other pieces easily, there are countless ways to connect one piece to another. Overall wood is lighter than metal, and with such a hardwood, anything he builds would be sturdy!

Agate grabbed a log and headed into to woodshop to get started.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6929589] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69296/6929589_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]A) Looks like the arts and crafts room will be useful after all. If you can get access to the kiln. [/b] Finally all that practice making mudpies with the hatchlings would come in handy. The invention was a messy collection of toothy gears and blue glow. Well, that was being generous. Thistledown was really just carrying a mix of parts around as he tried to peer past the other dragons in line for the kiln. Being a Fire Flight would be really useful right now...

6929589_350.png

A) Looks like the arts and crafts room will be useful after all. If you can get access to the kiln.

Finally all that practice making mudpies with the hatchlings would come in handy. The invention was a messy collection of toothy gears and blue glow. Well, that was being generous. Thistledown was really just carrying a mix of parts around as he tried to peer past the other dragons in line for the kiln. Being a Fire Flight would be really useful right now...
TuEVAjZ.pngNPeGYYg.pngLELtNFt.png
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 53 54