Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 53 54
@felistopaz
no it wasn't on purpose ^^' you were supposed to get some sort of ping!
I'd go with what you would have chosen, unless you want to RP that you brought your own from home or bought/borrowed/found another one!
@felistopaz
no it wasn't on purpose ^^' you were supposed to get some sort of ping!
I'd go with what you would have chosen, unless you want to RP that you brought your own from home or bought/borrowed/found another one!
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
Alright, thanks :)
Alright, thanks :)
cryperethy.pngdLIJPZ4.pngtumblr_nrv6v91RtB1th5aplo1_250.gif
@Stormdragon I accidentally forgot to enter on the second day (had the page up but it was so late that I forgot to put an answer!) But I put an answer down on the 3rd day, with a reference to what I would've put on the second day- do I get any points for the 3rd day answer? [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3054555] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/30546/3054555_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [color=purple] Pondering, Gardenia looked around at the available lairs, wondering who he could go borrow some gears from... really, he probably only needed one or two gears at best... Going to the [b]Coatl's lair[/b] {A}, Gardenia coughed politely, awakening a few Coatls out of their slumber. [i]"Hello, I was wondering if I could borrow some of your gears?"[/i] He trailed off... The Coatls seemed confused at his request, so he decided to elaborate. [i]"I'm an Inventor at the World Faire, but my invention had become lost in transportation. Therefore, I need to rebuild my invention before the week is through! And I need some cogs and gears to make it work! So if I could please only have one or two for my invention, I would greatly appreciate it."[/i] Gardenia bows deeply at the Coatls, waiting patiently on the Coatl's next words.
@Stormdragon I accidentally forgot to enter on the second day (had the page up but it was so late that I forgot to put an answer!) But I put an answer down on the 3rd day, with a reference to what I would've put on the second day- do I get any points for the 3rd day answer?

Pondering, Gardenia looked around at the available lairs, wondering who he could go borrow some gears from... really, he probably only needed one or two gears at best...

Going to the Coatl's lair {A}, Gardenia coughed politely, awakening a few Coatls out of their slumber.
"Hello, I was wondering if I could borrow some of your gears?"
He trailed off... The Coatls seemed confused at his request, so he decided to elaborate.
"I'm an Inventor at the World Faire, but my invention had become lost in transportation. Therefore, I need to rebuild my invention before the week is through! And I need some cogs and gears to make it work! So if I could please only have one or two for my invention, I would greatly appreciate it."
Gardenia bows deeply at the Coatls, waiting patiently on the Coatl's next words.
Seeking Old Dragons! Forever collecting October 1st 2013 dragons. Previously BeingOfNature
anim_86a53b49-f48f-6cb4-b922-5902a73d3a36.gif
Old Art Thread
3DS FC: 0259-0316-2794 Pokemon Y
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9694721][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/96948/9694721.png[/img][/url] ANALYZE: AREA 1 ANALYSIS: POTENTIAL HOSTILES POSSESS 360 DEGREE VIEW. DO NOT ATTEMPT. ANALYZE: AREA 2 ANALYSIS: POTENTIAL HOSTILES. LIMITED VIEW. ATTEMPT WITH CAUTION. ANALYZE: AREA 3 ANALYSIS: POTENTIAL HOSTILES ASLEEP. MAY BE SLEEPING ON TOP OF DESIRED PARTS. ATTEMPT WITH EXTREME CAUTION. ANALYZE: AREA 4 ANALYSIS: HOSTILES ARMED FOR COMBAT WITH DANGEROUS PRICKLES. MAY BE AGGRESSIVE. DO NOT ATTEMPT. ENTER AREA NUMBER: 2 ENTER AREA 2? Y/N (Y) [b](Day Four: B) The lair located in a large cave, with two dragons guarding the front. You’ll have to figure out your way past them, but a well guarded hoard should certainly be impressive![/b]
9694721.png

ANALYZE: AREA 1
ANALYSIS: POTENTIAL HOSTILES POSSESS 360 DEGREE VIEW. DO NOT ATTEMPT.

ANALYZE: AREA 2
ANALYSIS: POTENTIAL HOSTILES. LIMITED VIEW. ATTEMPT WITH CAUTION.

ANALYZE: AREA 3
ANALYSIS: POTENTIAL HOSTILES ASLEEP. MAY BE SLEEPING ON TOP OF DESIRED PARTS. ATTEMPT WITH EXTREME CAUTION.

ANALYZE: AREA 4
ANALYSIS: HOSTILES ARMED FOR COMBAT WITH DANGEROUS PRICKLES. MAY BE AGGRESSIVE. DO NOT ATTEMPT.

ENTER AREA NUMBER:

ENTER AREA 2? Y/N

(Y)

(Day Four: B) The lair located in a large cave, with two dragons guarding the front. You’ll have to figure out your way past them, but a well guarded hoard should certainly be impressive!
[center][b]Day 4[/b][/center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7402758] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/74028/7402758_350.png[/img] [/url] Samael stared at the weakly flickering tungsten in dismay, then sighed, turned the box upside down and shook it to dislodge the stones. Unfortunately, it turned out he had secured them a little too well, and he spent several minutes shaking the box and eventually banging it against a wall to get them out again. At least working the almonds into the battery box got him way better results, even if now the box looked rather worse for the wear...[i] [taking a bit of liberty here, since it seems illogical to use an engine that doesn't work - hope that's alright][/i] Next, he would need gears. He half hoped to just find some left lying around in the desert, but of course he was not that lucky. As much as he hated the idea, it seemed like he would have to borrow some from a neighboring clan... There were several lairs close to the fairgrounds. From the plateau he was standing on he could see the four closest ones. The coatls sunning themselves in front of a lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau looked the friendliest by far, only... they were [i]coatls[/i], and he was a fae. He had shared his lair with some of this species for years now and still could hardly make himself understood whenever he tried to talk to them. Two of the other lairs were heavily guarded, one by menacing-looking dragons, the other by some kind of mechanic contraption. He didn't think anyone going to such length to protect their hoard would be willing to part with any piece of it... The last lair looked peaceful enough; all of its inhabitants dozing in the shade. But that meant he'd have to wake them up, or - Carmin, his mate, would have pointed out that he wouldn't have to worry about waking anyone up if he just went quietly by and [i]...borrowed[/i] some gears. Just until the festival was over. This was where ridgebacks came from, surely dragons here could handle a little borrowing for a good cause? He fidgeted nervously, undecided. Then the large imperial in front of the fourth lair moved in his sleep and let out a growling yawn that made the ground vibrate slightly up to where Samael was standing. That decided it. [i]No way am I going down there.[/i] He'd try his luck talking to the coatls. Maybe if he was lucky they'd have some non-coatl clan members as well... [b] A) The lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau that seems to only be populated by coatls sunning themselves.[/b]
Day 4

7402758_350.png

Samael stared at the weakly flickering tungsten in dismay, then sighed, turned the box upside down and shook it to dislodge the stones. Unfortunately, it turned out he had secured them a little too well, and he spent several minutes shaking the box and eventually banging it against a wall to get them out again. At least working the almonds into the battery box got him way better results, even if now the box looked rather worse for the wear... [taking a bit of liberty here, since it seems illogical to use an engine that doesn't work - hope that's alright]

Next, he would need gears. He half hoped to just find some left lying around in the desert, but of course he was not that lucky. As much as he hated the idea, it seemed like he would have to borrow some from a neighboring clan...
There were several lairs close to the fairgrounds. From the plateau he was standing on he could see the four closest ones. The coatls sunning themselves in front of a lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau looked the friendliest by far, only... they were coatls, and he was a fae. He had shared his lair with some of this species for years now and still could hardly make himself understood whenever he tried to talk to them. Two of the other lairs were heavily guarded, one by menacing-looking dragons, the other by some kind of mechanic contraption. He didn't think anyone going to such length to protect their hoard would be willing to part with any piece of it... The last lair looked peaceful enough; all of its inhabitants dozing in the shade. But that meant he'd have to wake them up, or - Carmin, his mate, would have pointed out that he wouldn't have to worry about waking anyone up if he just went quietly by and ...borrowed some gears. Just until the festival was over. This was where ridgebacks came from, surely dragons here could handle a little borrowing for a good cause? He fidgeted nervously, undecided.
Then the large imperial in front of the fourth lair moved in his sleep and let out a growling yawn that made the ground vibrate slightly up to where Samael was standing. That decided it.
No way am I going down there.
He'd try his luck talking to the coatls. Maybe if he was lucky they'd have some non-coatl clan members as well...

A) The lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau that seems to only be populated by coatls sunning themselves.

cryperethy.pngdLIJPZ4.pngtumblr_nrv6v91RtB1th5aplo1_250.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3206903] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/32070/3206903_350.png[/img] [/url] Eggplant sighed once again. All of these trials! It was a wonder anyone was still trying. Perusing her options, she decided to head towards the oasis lair. Maybe the dragons there would even let her rest there for awhile. As used to this kind of climate as she was, she [i]did[/i] live near an ocean, and some water would be a relief. [b]Day 4, Wednesday: C) The lair by the oasis with a few dragons sleeping under an overhang of rock. You can see the clan’s hoard resting in the cave, glimmering with shiny metal.[/b]

3206903_350.png

Eggplant sighed once again. All of these trials! It was a wonder anyone was still trying.

Perusing her options, she decided to head towards the oasis lair. Maybe the dragons there would even let her rest there for awhile. As used to this kind of climate as she was, she did live near an ocean, and some water would be a relief.

Day 4, Wednesday: C) The lair by the oasis with a few dragons sleeping under an overhang of rock. You can see the clan’s hoard resting in the cave, glimmering with shiny metal.
The sun warms the soilowHD2Fr.pngon a cool autumn day.
Day 4 -Elsa first approaches the coatls sunning themselves- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3970967] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/39710/3970967_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Elsa:[/b] "Ugh, I hate talking to coatls! They're always humming in that strange language of theirs." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3702170] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/37022/3702170_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Rippon:[/b] "HEY!" [b]Elsa:[/b] "No offense, Rippon." [b]Rippon:[/b] "By the way, why are you even in charge of this experiment, Elsa? Kedia might be the mad scientist of the clan, but I'm the semi-sane second-in-command not angry scientist. Why do you, a cook, get to try to invent something instead of me?" [b]Elsa:[/b] "Sorry Rippon, but I can't understand you when you're humming in your strange coatlish language." [b]Rippon:[/b] "But I'm not speaking in my- oh, never mind." [b]Elsa:[/b] "Anyways, as the Lightweaver always says, I better 'GET BACK TO WORK!'" [b]Rippon:[/b] "The Lightweaver isn't the deity who says that..." [b]Elsa:[/b] "Sorry, still can't understand your Coatlish." [b]Rippon:[/b] "..." [center]***[/center] -A few hours later Elsa passes the well guarded hoard- [b]Elsa:[/b] "Well, that's obviously a decoy. Those dragons aren't even guardians! Although actually I can't see what they are from this far away...but they're probably not guardians. And no one would actually guard anything of value that closely. It's like saying. 'COME HERE! I'VE GOT TREASURE!'" -Some passing ridgebacks overhear Elsa's screams- [b]Random Ridgeback #1:[/b] "Did you hear that? That strange imperial with the cat on her head said she has treasure." -Random Ridgeback #2 gets an evil smile on his face- [b]Random Ridgeback #2:[/b] "You know, I've been meaning to [i]borrow[/i] some treasure. And I'm sure she'd be willing to give it up- why else would you yell that you have treasure?" -Duke Fluffypants the Third (the cat on Elsa's head) starts hissing as the ridgebacks sneak closer- [b]Elsa:[/b] "What's wrong Duke Fluffypants the Third- AAAAH!" -Elsa is tackled by the two ridgebacks- [b]Random Ridgeback #1:[/b] "You do realize 'borrowing' doesn't mean 'beat up the dragon you're borrowing from, right?" [b]Random Ridgeback #2:[/b] "The cat was making faces at me..." [center]***[/center] -A few more hours and scratches later (scratches by Duke Fluffypants the Third on the random ridgebacks, I mean. Seriously, you do not mess with Duke Fluffypants the Third), Elsa comes upon the electric fence (she never made it to the oasis)- [b]Elsa:[/b] "Ooh, what's this?" -pokes wire- [b]Elsa:[/b] "OUCH! OH MY GOODNESS, THIS WILL MAKE A PERFECT GEAR! Ok, it doesn't look like a gear...or smell like a gear...or taste like a gear-OUCH! MY TONGUE!- BUT IT WILL STILL MAKE A PERFECT GEAR! Now how do I collect this..." -Meanwhile, Duke Fluffypants the Third had already jumped off of Elsa's head and over the fence as soon as he saw she was going to touch it- [b]Elsa:[/b] "So, how do you think we collect these 'gears,' Duke Fluffypants the Third- WHERE ARE YOU DUKE FLUFFYPANTS THE THIRD?!" -Elsa notices a dark shape running away in the distance- [b]Elsa:[/b] "COME BACK DUKE FLUFFYPANTS THE THIRD!" -Elsa runs straight through the electric wire and starts running after her cat- [b]Elsa:[/b] "COME-OUCH!-BACK!-OUCH!" [b]D) The lair surrounded by a grove of large and prickly cacti. It seems as if there are electrical devices on the cacti at closer look...a trap or electrical fence perhaps? But if you can get past it by disabling them... [/b] ...or by running through them...
Day 4

-Elsa first approaches the coatls sunning themselves-

3970967_350.png

Elsa: "Ugh, I hate talking to coatls! They're always humming in that strange language of theirs."

3702170_350.png

Rippon: "HEY!"

Elsa: "No offense, Rippon."

Rippon: "By the way, why are you even in charge of this experiment, Elsa? Kedia might be the mad scientist of the clan, but I'm the semi-sane second-in-command not angry scientist. Why do you, a cook, get to try to invent something instead of me?"

Elsa: "Sorry Rippon, but I can't understand you when you're humming in your strange coatlish language."

Rippon: "But I'm not speaking in my- oh, never mind."

Elsa: "Anyways, as the Lightweaver always says, I better 'GET BACK TO WORK!'"

Rippon: "The Lightweaver isn't the deity who says that..."

Elsa: "Sorry, still can't understand your Coatlish."

Rippon: "..."

-A few hours later Elsa passes the well guarded hoard-

Elsa: "Well, that's obviously a decoy. Those dragons aren't even guardians! Although actually I can't see what they are from this far away...but they're probably not guardians. And no one would actually guard anything of value that closely. It's like saying. 'COME HERE! I'VE GOT TREASURE!'"

-Some passing ridgebacks overhear Elsa's screams-

Random Ridgeback #1: "Did you hear that? That strange imperial with the cat on her head said she has treasure."

-Random Ridgeback #2 gets an evil smile on his face-

Random Ridgeback #2: "You know, I've been meaning to borrow some treasure. And I'm sure she'd be willing to give it up- why else would you yell that you have treasure?"

-Duke Fluffypants the Third (the cat on Elsa's head) starts hissing as the ridgebacks sneak closer-

Elsa: "What's wrong Duke Fluffypants the Third- AAAAH!"

-Elsa is tackled by the two ridgebacks-

Random Ridgeback #1: "You do realize 'borrowing' doesn't mean 'beat up the dragon you're borrowing from, right?"

Random Ridgeback #2: "The cat was making faces at me..."

-A few more hours and scratches later (scratches by Duke Fluffypants the Third on the random ridgebacks, I mean. Seriously, you do not mess with Duke Fluffypants the Third), Elsa comes upon the electric fence (she never made it to the oasis)-

Elsa: "Ooh, what's this?"

-pokes wire-

Elsa: "OUCH! OH MY GOODNESS, THIS WILL MAKE A PERFECT GEAR! Ok, it doesn't look like a gear...or smell like a gear...or taste like a gear-OUCH! MY TONGUE!- BUT IT WILL STILL MAKE A PERFECT GEAR! Now how do I collect this..."

-Meanwhile, Duke Fluffypants the Third had already jumped off of Elsa's head and over the fence as soon as he saw she was going to touch it-

Elsa: "So, how do you think we collect these 'gears,' Duke Fluffypants the Third- WHERE ARE YOU DUKE FLUFFYPANTS THE THIRD?!"

-Elsa notices a dark shape running away in the distance-

Elsa: "COME BACK DUKE FLUFFYPANTS THE THIRD!"

-Elsa runs straight through the electric wire and starts running after her cat-

Elsa: "COME-OUCH!-BACK!-OUCH!"

D) The lair surrounded by a grove of large and prickly cacti. It seems as if there are electrical devices on the cacti at closer look...a trap or electrical fence perhaps? But if you can get past it by disabling them...

...or by running through them...
@Stormdragon

I've been pinged only once, I participated only in day 3 so far, does this mean I won't get any points?

Anyway...

Looting caves of other clans was contained in Virethis' working ethic, so only one question remains. Which one?
A) The lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau that seems to only be populated by coatls sunning themselves. You can see a large hoard with several gear-like shapes sticking out of it. They look friendly enough, perhaps you can just ask for any spare loot?

Being a Coatl himself, Virethis decided that he should be able to convince them to share. Lair inhabitants seem friendly, although also lazy and not-so-inventor-like. There was a chance that they have best parts, but weren't able to see bestness of their gear. Virethis is able. In theory, at least.
@Stormdragon

I've been pinged only once, I participated only in day 3 so far, does this mean I won't get any points?

Anyway...

Looting caves of other clans was contained in Virethis' working ethic, so only one question remains. Which one?
A) The lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau that seems to only be populated by coatls sunning themselves. You can see a large hoard with several gear-like shapes sticking out of it. They look friendly enough, perhaps you can just ask for any spare loot?

Being a Coatl himself, Virethis decided that he should be able to convince them to share. Lair inhabitants seem friendly, although also lazy and not-so-inventor-like. There was a chance that they have best parts, but weren't able to see bestness of their gear. Virethis is able. In theory, at least.
arcane_banner.pngFR time +9 q4Bwlp9.png ueQv8.gif
[b]Days 3+4[/b] [size=3] [columns][user=muscovite][nextcol][indent]As Lovelace was hunting for something to power her invention, she noticed a lurid pink and orange shape among the graceful skydancers in the air. It was her mate, Enigma. She flapped her wings in greeting. "Hey, cutie-tail!" she called.[/indent][/columns] [columns]As he raked his wings for the landing, she realized that he was terribly upset. His crest was flapping with dismay, and his foppish pink bows were all askew. "What's the matter?" she asked. "Hey, cutie-yourself," he responded, distracted. "I'm glad I found you! muscovite just got slammed with work." "What, during Thundercrack Carnivale!?" Lovelace demanded. "During, and for the whole week after! Bossman's orders. It's a big deal. It looks like we might be able to visit the Faire here and there, but right now she really needs us back at the lair." Enigma's crest rose and fell. "Oh, gosh! Of course we can help out," Lovelace said. "I guess I'll have to give up on my invention, but I was kind of stuck anyway." [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12109132] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121092/12109132_350.png[/img] [/url][/columns] "What, were you entering the competition?" Enigma chirped. "That's exciting! Hey, no reason to give up yet. I bet you'll have time to tinker on it during off-hours. Do you want to talk me through it while we head home? I'm always happy to be your [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_duck_debugging]rubber duckie[/url]." They headed homeward at a moderate pace. Enigma curled up on Lovelace's back and looked through her stash. She explained how the hamster wheel was difficult to turn by claw at a steady pace. The almonds could be a good power source, but there were some real possibilities with the Electric Stingers, too. "The tungsten we [i]have[/i] to hoard, of course, and the lemming is a dud. It's unsteady, and every time it goes spinning all the way around, it generates a magnetic field and some noticable back-EMF," Lovelace finished. "It's so cute, though," Enigma said. "Not that most other scalies would agree." "Hang on a sec, muscovite likes small fuzzy things," Lovelace said, half to herself. "And who says efficiency is always the way to go? Maybe I can invent something that would cheer muscovite up! PUT [b]W.) THE STATIC CHARGED LEMMING[/b] IN THE HAMSTER WHEEL!" [center][img]http://photos.gograph.com/thumbs/CSP/CSP650/k6503227.jpg[/img][/center] Lightning cracked dramatically, as it must do following all pronouncements of mad science. The effect was somewhat ruined as the bolt immediately grounded on a lightning rod. The couple had arrived at their lair, which was [b]D.) surrounded by a grove of large and prickly cacti.[/b] [item=Prickly Pear][item=Notocactus][item=Notocactus][item=Stonespine][item=Prickly Pear] They easily found the safe route through the rubber-spined Notocacti. Lovelace noticed in passing that the non-native Stonespines were doing rather well. The electrical devices to monitor hydration seemed to be helping. The other devices, the security ones, beeped a greeting. It was nice to be back here for the night, where no blundering festival-goers would bother them... [/size] [size=2](No blundering festival-goers AT ALL, muah hah hah)[/size] [size=3] ([url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G4uYZF1IG4&t=0m14s]Hamsters for anyone having a weird day[/url])[/size] [size=2]PS @PrivateDetective I am loving your RP[/size] . . . . . . . . Edited 8/1/15 solely to add nav links: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1518421/11#post_12718291]Link to my Day 1&2[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1518421/25]Link to my Day 3&4, plus Iztarshi’s pyro-tactic exploits[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1518421/35#post_12823721]Link to my Day 5&6[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1518421/41#post_12851900]Link to my Day 7[/url] Flavor for [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1518421/2#post_12684192]Day 1[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1518421/8#post_12708911]Day 2[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1518421/14#post_12737076]Day 3[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1518421/21#post_12763063]Day 4[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1518421/26#post_12786143]Fire brigade[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1518421/28#post_12789208]Day 5[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1518421/33#post_12814734]Day 6[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1518421/39#post_12842055]Day 7[/url]
Days 3+4

As Lovelace was hunting for something to power her invention, she noticed a lurid pink and orange shape among the graceful skydancers in the air. It was her mate, Enigma. She flapped her wings in greeting. "Hey, cutie-tail!" she called.
As he raked his wings for the landing, she realized that he was terribly upset. His crest was flapping with dismay, and his foppish pink bows were all askew. "What's the matter?" she asked.

"Hey, cutie-yourself," he responded, distracted. "I'm glad I found you! muscovite just got slammed with work."

"What, during Thundercrack Carnivale!?" Lovelace demanded.

"During, and for the whole week after! Bossman's orders. It's a big deal. It looks like we might be able to visit the Faire here and there, but right now she really needs us back at the lair." Enigma's crest rose and fell.

"Oh, gosh! Of course we can help out," Lovelace said. "I guess I'll have to give up on my invention, but I was kind of stuck anyway."

12109132_350.png
"What, were you entering the competition?" Enigma chirped. "That's exciting! Hey, no reason to give up yet. I bet you'll have time to tinker on it during off-hours. Do you want to talk me through it while we head home? I'm always happy to be your rubber duckie."

They headed homeward at a moderate pace. Enigma curled up on Lovelace's back and looked through her stash. She explained how the hamster wheel was difficult to turn by claw at a steady pace. The almonds could be a good power source, but there were some real possibilities with the Electric Stingers, too.

"The tungsten we have to hoard, of course, and the lemming is a dud. It's unsteady, and every time it goes spinning all the way around, it generates a magnetic field and some noticable back-EMF," Lovelace finished.

"It's so cute, though," Enigma said. "Not that most other scalies would agree."

"Hang on a sec, muscovite likes small fuzzy things," Lovelace said, half to herself. "And who says efficiency is always the way to go? Maybe I can invent something that would cheer muscovite up! PUT W.) THE STATIC CHARGED LEMMING IN THE HAMSTER WHEEL!"
k6503227.jpg

Lightning cracked dramatically, as it must do following all pronouncements of mad science. The effect was somewhat ruined as the bolt immediately grounded on a lightning rod. The couple had arrived at their lair, which was D.) surrounded by a grove of large and prickly cacti.

Prickly Pear Notocactus Notocactus Stonespine Prickly Pear

They easily found the safe route through the rubber-spined Notocacti. Lovelace noticed in passing that the non-native Stonespines were doing rather well. The electrical devices to monitor hydration seemed to be helping.

The other devices, the security ones, beeped a greeting. It was nice to be back here for the night, where no blundering festival-goers would bother them...

(No blundering festival-goers AT ALL, muah hah hah)

(Hamsters for anyone having a weird day)

PS @PrivateDetective I am loving your RP

. . . . . . . .
Edited 8/1/15 solely to add nav links:

Link to my Day 1&2
Link to my Day 3&4, plus Iztarshi’s pyro-tactic exploits
Link to my Day 5&6
Link to my Day 7
Flavor for Day 1 - Day 2 - Day 3 - Day 4 - Fire brigade - Day 5 - Day 6 - Day 7
Day 4: C) the layer by the oasis.
Day 4: C) the layer by the oasis.
163mug.png
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 53 54