Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 53 54
@Stormdragon [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=57705&did=14569802][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/145699/14569802_350.png?mtime=Vbi-JAACPLY.png[/img][/url] The Wildclaw had a good rest that night, dreaming of his good invention and all the lives that would be changed. He was so close to finishing!!! Now it was time to find some more parts, but he had to go looking around somewhere new. He stretched his lithe body, and made to leave, but his foot kicked a small parcel. [i]Huh? What is this?[/i] He reached down and grasped the new package in his hands. Hefting it hand by hand, he tore it open slowly, revealing a strange robotic creature and what looked like some kind of metal arm band gauntlet. What.. what was this? What was this thing here? He slid the gauntlet on his arm and it whirred to life, metallic wings clicking as the electricity surged between the creature and the gauntlet, something like a leash. The Golem Gauntlet whirred and started floating around his body, poking and prodding at his wings. [b]"Hey! Stop that!" [/b] The Wildclaw warned, moving slightly away from the Golem Gauntlet. The creature before him turned, its head tilted to the side, a strange clicking came from its gears as it swirled over beside him. [b]"Re......pair?"[/b] It asked, its smooth voice crackling with effort. [b]"Re.....pair?"[/b] [b]"Repair what?" [/b] The Wildclaw asked, brow furrowed. [b]"Re............pair pow....er source!"[/b] Its voice crackled. It moved over behind the Wildclaw, shifting the electrician's power pack slightly to the left to show the glimmering wires which were sparking and coming from the technology. [b]"Oh!"[/b] The wildclaw stared. He swore those wires hadn't been there earlier.. but maybe they had? [b]"Yes, go ahead, thank you."[/b] [b]"Re...pair!!!"[/b] The creature swirled behind his wings before making rather strange clicking sounds and settling in to make repairs. The Wildclaw turned back to the remains of the package, and a second mysterious note lay at the very bottom. He flipped it over and started to read. [i]I heard how well you did yesterday. As a reward, here is a Golem Gauntlet of your very own. Make certain you give it permission to Repair, as it will keep your Electrician's Power Pack in perfect shape, as i imagine your exploits may have done some damage. I should have given you this creature sooner, but his inner programming needed some work before i could send him your way. Anyways, enjoy and remember. Don't give up. You are so close to achieving your goal.[/i] The Wildclaw was stunned at the words on the paper. So someone really was watching him, and helping him find his name! He felt a sudden surge of elation and a grin spread across his face. Someone was on his side! It felt good. And now he had this Golem Gauntlet... which was probably the closest thing to a familair he would ever have.. and it was obedient to his command. He was a lucky dragon. The Wildclaw stared at his unfinished invention. It needed so many parts right now that he wasn't sure he had the time. He flicked his tail. [b]"Maybe i should go back to the storage room and find more..."[/b] [b]"Boop.. the prob...bububilty of finding.. parts... 2 per...cent."[/b] The Golem Gauntlet whirred as it worked. [b]"What?"[/b] The Wildclaw asked, shocked the creature had spoken. [b]"Beep. 2 per...cent.. prob...bububublitty."[/b] The Golem Gauntlet responded. [b]"Sug..gest... alternate route.. bor...row parts from.... bzzzt."[/b] The Wildclaw stared over his shoulder at the Golem Gauntlet. Well, this robot was going to be immensely useful then, keeping him from wasting his time looking through the most likely empty storeroom. Wait.. obviously the Golem Gauntlet knew something about finding some new parts. [b]"Uh.... do you have a name?"[/b] [b]"Name? Sssssssssssservvvva......... fun...ction?"[/b] [b]"You know, something i can call you! A name?" [/b] The Golem Gauntlet stared at him blankly, so the Wildclaw tried something else. [b]"Uhm.. identity?"[/b] [b]"I...dentisty... Fourty-two."[/b] [b]"Fourty-two?"[/b] [b]"Aff...fffirrrrma..tiveee."[/b] [b]"Can you help me look for some parts?"[/b] [b]"Error.. fun...ction.. beyond.. capa..berlities."[/b] Forty-two whirred. [b]"Ah. Well. it was worth a shot. Thank you anyways."[/b] Fourty-Two whirred and returned to fixing the Electrician's power pack on The WIldclaw's back. The Wildclaw climbed slowly to the top of a plateau. From here he could see four lairs in the distance, glittering with the precious parts he needed. He had no choice.. it was either borrow parts from these lairs or fail in his quest to find a name. He glanced from lair to lair. Finally his eyes settled on the Coatls sunning themselves on the lower plateau. They looked rather friendly, with soft smiles dancing across their faces as they spread their wings to catch rays of light and heat. He was glad he was best friends with Summanus back home. He had spent so much time around the Coatl inventor he could understand Coatl. The only issue was speaking it in return. The Wildclaw dipped his head respectfully at the Coatls on the rocks and gave them what he knew was a greeting in their tongue. That got their attention, and some turned their heads to look at him in interest. Using logic and thinking back to his friend's speach, The Wildclaw hummed a question in their direction. he wasn't entirely certain if he was being polite enough, or if he was even using proper grammar, but he got across that he was an inventor from the Thundercrack Carnivale, that his invention had been lost and he needed new parts, and was hoping to borrow or buy some parts off of them. [b]A) The lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau that seems to only be populated by coatls sunning themselves. You can see a large hoard with several gear-like shapes sticking out of it. They look friendly enough, perhaps you can just ask for any spare loot?[/b]
@Stormdragon

14569802_350.png?mtime=Vbi-JAACPLY.png

The Wildclaw had a good rest that night, dreaming of his good invention and all the lives that would be changed. He was so close to finishing!!! Now it was time to find some more parts, but he had to go looking around somewhere new.

He stretched his lithe body, and made to leave, but his foot kicked a small parcel. Huh? What is this? He reached down and grasped the new package in his hands. Hefting it hand by hand, he tore it open slowly, revealing a strange robotic creature and what looked like some kind of metal arm band gauntlet. What.. what was this? What was this thing here? He slid the gauntlet on his arm and it whirred to life, metallic wings clicking as the electricity surged between the creature and the gauntlet, something like a leash. The Golem Gauntlet whirred and started floating around his body, poking and prodding at his wings.

"Hey! Stop that!" The Wildclaw warned, moving slightly away from the Golem Gauntlet. The creature before him turned, its head tilted to the side, a strange clicking came from its gears as it swirled over beside him.

"Re......pair?" It asked, its smooth voice crackling with effort. "Re.....pair?"

"Repair what?" The Wildclaw asked, brow furrowed.

"Re............pair pow....er source!" Its voice crackled. It moved over behind the Wildclaw, shifting the electrician's power pack slightly to the left to show the glimmering wires which were sparking and coming from the technology.

"Oh!" The wildclaw stared. He swore those wires hadn't been there earlier.. but maybe they had? "Yes, go ahead, thank you."

"Re...pair!!!" The creature swirled behind his wings before making rather strange clicking sounds and settling in to make repairs.

The Wildclaw turned back to the remains of the package, and a second mysterious note lay at the very bottom. He flipped it over and started to read.

I heard how well you did yesterday. As a reward, here is a Golem Gauntlet of your very own. Make certain you give it permission to Repair, as it will keep your Electrician's Power Pack in perfect shape, as i imagine your exploits may have done some damage. I should have given you this creature sooner, but his inner programming needed some work before i could send him your way. Anyways, enjoy and remember. Don't give up. You are so close to achieving your goal.

The Wildclaw was stunned at the words on the paper. So someone really was watching him, and helping him find his name! He felt a sudden surge of elation and a grin spread across his face. Someone was on his side! It felt good. And now he had this Golem Gauntlet... which was probably the closest thing to a familair he would ever have.. and it was obedient to his command. He was a lucky dragon.

The Wildclaw stared at his unfinished invention. It needed so many parts right now that he wasn't sure he had the time. He flicked his tail. "Maybe i should go back to the storage room and find more..."

"Boop.. the prob...bububilty of finding.. parts... 2 per...cent." The Golem Gauntlet whirred as it worked.

"What?" The Wildclaw asked, shocked the creature had spoken.

"Beep. 2 per...cent.. prob...bububublitty." The Golem Gauntlet responded. "Sug..gest... alternate route.. bor...row parts from.... bzzzt."

The Wildclaw stared over his shoulder at the Golem Gauntlet. Well, this robot was going to be immensely useful then, keeping him from wasting his time looking through the most likely empty storeroom. Wait.. obviously the Golem Gauntlet knew something about finding some new parts.

"Uh.... do you have a name?"

"Name? Sssssssssssservvvva......... fun...ction?"

"You know, something i can call you! A name?" The Golem Gauntlet stared at him blankly, so the Wildclaw tried something else. "Uhm.. identity?"

"I...dentisty... Fourty-two."

"Fourty-two?"

"Aff...fffirrrrma..tiveee."

"Can you help me look for some parts?"

"Error.. fun...ction.. beyond.. capa..berlities." Forty-two whirred.

"Ah. Well. it was worth a shot. Thank you anyways."

Fourty-Two whirred and returned to fixing the Electrician's power pack on The WIldclaw's back.

The Wildclaw climbed slowly to the top of a plateau. From here he could see four lairs in the distance, glittering with the precious parts he needed. He had no choice.. it was either borrow parts from these lairs or fail in his quest to find a name. He glanced from lair to lair.

Finally his eyes settled on the Coatls sunning themselves on the lower plateau. They looked rather friendly, with soft smiles dancing across their faces as they spread their wings to catch rays of light and heat. He was glad he was best friends with Summanus back home. He had spent so much time around the Coatl inventor he could understand Coatl. The only issue was speaking it in return.

The Wildclaw dipped his head respectfully at the Coatls on the rocks and gave them what he knew was a greeting in their tongue. That got their attention, and some turned their heads to look at him in interest. Using logic and thinking back to his friend's speach, The Wildclaw hummed a question in their direction. he wasn't entirely certain if he was being polite enough, or if he was even using proper grammar, but he got across that he was an inventor from the Thundercrack Carnivale, that his invention had been lost and he needed new parts, and was hoping to borrow or buy some parts off of them.

A) The lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau that seems to only be populated by coatls sunning themselves. You can see a large hoard with several gear-like shapes sticking out of it. They look friendly enough, perhaps you can just ask for any spare loot?
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3849393] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/38494/3849393_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Day 4[/b] Groundsoil surveys his options. "Well, I'm not in a mood to be climbing up any cliffs of fighting any guards or traps, that's for sure. I'll leave that sort of thing for the young and the foolish. Eh, perhaps the layabouts by the oasis will have something useful. At the very least I can get a nice bath while down there." [b]C) The lair by the oasis with a few dragons sleeping under an overhang of rock. You can see the clan’s hoard resting in the cave, glimmering with shiny metal.[/b]

3849393_350.png

Day 4

Groundsoil surveys his options. "Well, I'm not in a mood to be climbing up any cliffs of fighting any guards or traps, that's for sure. I'll leave that sort of thing for the young and the foolish. Eh, perhaps the layabouts by the oasis will have something useful. At the very least I can get a nice bath while down there."

C) The lair by the oasis with a few dragons sleeping under an overhang of rock. You can see the clan’s hoard resting in the cave, glimmering with shiny metal.
8uZAgkt.jpg
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8669771] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/86698/8669771_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]D) The lair surrounded by a grove of large and prickly cacti. It seems as if there are electrical devices on the cacti at closer look...a trap or electrical fence perhaps? But if you can get past it by disabling them... [/b] Those Coatls look too good to be true, and perhaps I can scavenge some gears [i]from[/i] the fence and never have to get into anyone's hoard.

8669771_350.png

D) The lair surrounded by a grove of large and prickly cacti. It seems as if there are electrical devices on the cacti at closer look...a trap or electrical fence perhaps? But if you can get past it by disabling them...

Those Coatls look too good to be true, and perhaps I can scavenge some gears from the fence and never have to get into anyone's hoard.
eimdef.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13961175] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/139612/13961175_350.png[/img] [/url] Akira flew once again, looking for those gears. Hope filled him. He felt closer to his goal than before. Maybe, finally, luck would be with him this time. Finally, he could go home and show the King of something he could be proud of. Maybe Sakura would feel even more proud to be with him. It made him grin foolishly while he scanned the area. He spied what he wanted. Coatls are friendly looking enough. If he's honest and respectful about it, why won't they share some, right? A) The lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau that seems to only be populated by coatls sunning themselves. You can see a large hoard with several gear-like shapes sticking out of it. They look friendly enough, perhaps you can just ask for any spare loot?

13961175_350.png

Akira flew once again, looking for those gears. Hope filled him. He felt closer to his goal than before. Maybe, finally, luck would be with him this time. Finally, he could go home and show the King of something he could be proud of. Maybe Sakura would feel even more proud to be with him. It made him grin foolishly while he scanned the area. He spied what he wanted. Coatls are friendly looking enough. If he's honest and respectful about it, why won't they share some, right?

A) The lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau that seems to only be populated by coatls sunning themselves. You can see a large hoard with several gear-like shapes sticking out of it. They look friendly enough, perhaps you can just ask for any spare loot?
[center][b]Day 4[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4470324] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/44704/4470324_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center] Quasar's gaze alights on the sunbathing coatls. A pleasant rumble begins in his chest. Those coatls have the right idea -- a nap in the sun is just what he needs. Quasar kicks off into a lazy glide down to the lower plateau, flapping his wings once, then again, and he's there, sinking his claws into desert earth once more. The glint of gears from their hoard catches his eye and reminds him what he came here for. "Hm," Quasar grunts. He supposes his nap can wait. Reluctantly, he plods towards the coatls and their hoard to determine how willing they are to share. [b]A) The lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau that seems to only be populated by coatls sunning themselves.[/b]
Day 4

4470324_350.png
Quasar's gaze alights on the sunbathing coatls. A pleasant rumble begins in his chest. Those coatls have the right idea -- a nap in the sun is just what he needs. Quasar kicks off into a lazy glide down to the lower plateau, flapping his wings once, then again, and he's there, sinking his claws into desert earth once more.

The glint of gears from their hoard catches his eye and reminds him what he came here for. "Hm," Quasar grunts. He supposes his nap can wait. Reluctantly, he plods towards the coatls and their hoard to determine how willing they are to share.

A) The lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau that seems to only be populated by coatls sunning themselves.
|______________| OOL8tGM.gif |___| }FR+0
she/her
|___| FEJeTed.gif
@Stormdragon

I only got one ping (in the general post) - but I was too late for Day 2 and chose tungsten for Day 3 which seems to give zero points, so maybe this was on purpose...?

Also, question:
For RP purposes, since I missed Day 2 (the engine part) does my dragon now have no engine, or should I stick with what I would have chosen and I just don't get any points for it?
@Stormdragon

I only got one ping (in the general post) - but I was too late for Day 2 and chose tungsten for Day 3 which seems to give zero points, so maybe this was on purpose...?

Also, question:
For RP purposes, since I missed Day 2 (the engine part) does my dragon now have no engine, or should I stick with what I would have chosen and I just don't get any points for it?
cryperethy.pngdLIJPZ4.pngtumblr_nrv6v91RtB1th5aplo1_250.gif
Xen's frills wiggled with delight as the almonds clicked into place and the power meter jumped up. This was going even better than he had originally anticipated! There was so much more he could accomplish with such power! Ursa made a contented noise, picking up on her companion's positive energy, and was thanked with another gentle scratching from the elated fae.

Xen considered his plans again, with this much power he could do something more advanced, or he could keep it simple and allow itself to run for an extended time. There was a lot to consider, but one thing was certain: he needed mechanics. He'd need gears to get things moving just so, but there wasn't much to be found in the store room. With his outdoor luck in mind, he headed on back out; leaving Ursa once more to protect his equipment.

Nothing.

The sands were pretty bare with the exception of the occasional lemming or unlucky bug (which ended up as fuel for Xen). That simply wouldn't do, and with Dragon Sign Language still taking its time to spread through Sornieth, he couldn't risk dismantling the golem or he would be without steady communication.
A large shadow passed overhead. Xen looked up to see the sihlouette of a massive Ridgeback. His frills sparked; he had an idea.

Xen made his way to a nearby plateau to oversee nearby clans. Surely he could borrow something from someone. He only needed it for the prototype here at the fair and he was quite the inventor! His eye caught a lair of Coatls and he nodded. Yes, that would do nicely. Communication barriers aside, he could certainly handle speaking with such dragons.

Xen's frills wiggled with delight as the almonds clicked into place and the power meter jumped up. This was going even better than he had originally anticipated! There was so much more he could accomplish with such power! Ursa made a contented noise, picking up on her companion's positive energy, and was thanked with another gentle scratching from the elated fae.

Xen considered his plans again, with this much power he could do something more advanced, or he could keep it simple and allow itself to run for an extended time. There was a lot to consider, but one thing was certain: he needed mechanics. He'd need gears to get things moving just so, but there wasn't much to be found in the store room. With his outdoor luck in mind, he headed on back out; leaving Ursa once more to protect his equipment.

Nothing.

The sands were pretty bare with the exception of the occasional lemming or unlucky bug (which ended up as fuel for Xen). That simply wouldn't do, and with Dragon Sign Language still taking its time to spread through Sornieth, he couldn't risk dismantling the golem or he would be without steady communication.
A large shadow passed overhead. Xen looked up to see the sihlouette of a massive Ridgeback. His frills sparked; he had an idea.

Xen made his way to a nearby plateau to oversee nearby clans. Surely he could borrow something from someone. He only needed it for the prototype here at the fair and he was quite the inventor! His eye caught a lair of Coatls and he nodded. Yes, that would do nicely. Communication barriers aside, he could certainly handle speaking with such dragons.

2irkjyq.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6929589] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69296/6929589_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]A) The lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau that seems to only be populated by coatls sunning themselves. You can see a large hoard with several gear-like shapes sticking out of it. They look friendly enough, perhaps you can just ask for any spare loot?[/b] Slightly disappointed that the engine didn't work better, Thistledown made his way up to the Coatl lair. "Hello" he said, "I was wondering if you might have any spare bits I could use? I can trade for them if you want." He indicated the pouch at his waist.

6929589_350.png

Slightly disappointed that the engine didn't work better, Thistledown made his way up to the Coatl lair.

"Hello" he said, "I was wondering if you might have any spare bits I could use? I can trade for them if you want." He indicated the pouch at his waist.
TuEVAjZ.pngNPeGYYg.pngLELtNFt.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=73458] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/735/73458_350.png[/img] [/url] She nodded. This was fine. Now she needed to give the operator some degree of control over her invention. Some way to steer. She would need gears for that, but where could she find those? Not in the storeroom apparently. Why didn't she gather everything she might need beforehand? It was a bad idea to assume that the storeroom would have everything she needed. And gears weren't the kind of thing that dragons just left lying around! She would have to ask someone for them. Or steal them. She really didn't like the idea of either. She looked at the nearby lairs. Ugh, coatls. Friendly or not, they would certainly have trouble understanding her. No good. Large dragons guarding a hoard... no good either. An unguarded hoard? Why would a hoard be unguarded? Maybe it had explosives in it, or something? And... a lair surrounded by cacti? Cacti with strange devices on them. What could they do, she wondered? No. She must not let her curiosity get the better of her! Time was of the essence. She was not sure if she would be able to disable the devices anyway. Not without alerting someone to her presence. She had no choice. The unguarded lair it was. [b]C) The lair by the oasis with a few dragons sleeping under an overhang of rock. You can see the clan’s hoard resting in the cave, glimmering with shiny metal.[/b]

73458_350.png

She nodded. This was fine. Now she needed to give the operator some degree of control over her invention. Some way to steer. She would need gears for that, but where could she find those?

Not in the storeroom apparently. Why didn't she gather everything she might need beforehand? It was a bad idea to assume that the storeroom would have everything she needed. And gears weren't the kind of thing that dragons just left lying around! She would have to ask someone for them. Or steal them. She really didn't like the idea of either.

She looked at the nearby lairs.

Ugh, coatls. Friendly or not, they would certainly have trouble understanding her. No good. Large dragons guarding a hoard... no good either. An unguarded hoard? Why would a hoard be unguarded? Maybe it had explosives in it, or something? And... a lair surrounded by cacti? Cacti with strange devices on them. What could they do, she wondered?

No. She must not let her curiosity get the better of her! Time was of the essence. She was not sure if she would be able to disable the devices anyway. Not without alerting someone to her presence.

She had no choice. The unguarded lair it was.

C) The lair by the oasis with a few dragons sleeping under an overhang of rock. You can see the clan’s hoard resting in the cave, glimmering with shiny metal.
6pUNHAC.gif
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 53 54