Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 53 54
@Stormdragon

I only got one ping, but I only participated today...and got 0 points. XD I'm assuming that's why I only got one ping.

Elsa: "You guys just don't know how to cook..."
@Stormdragon

I only got one ping, but I only participated today...and got 0 points. XD I'm assuming that's why I only got one ping.

Elsa: "You guys just don't know how to cook..."
Day 4

Your engine has power! But as any good inventor of machines knows, you realize that you’ve got to harness that power in order to actually allow your invention to move - that is, you’ve got to turn electrical energy into kinetic energy. A good set of gears should do the trick. You know that the Shifting Expanse is full of treasure troves containing gears, as you remember that gears are one of the items that Lightning dragons enjoy collecting in their hoards! Once again travelling back to the desert, you scan the landscape. Surprisingly it seems that the outer landscape is barren of ready-made gears however. You’ll have to handle this in the time-honored Ridgeback fashion and…borrow some gears from another clan’s hoard.

Climbing to the top of a plateau, you locate four probable lairs as your gaze sweeps across the desert. Which will you choose to take your gears from?

A) The lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau that seems to only be populated by coatls sunning themselves. You can see a large hoard with several gear-like shapes sticking out of it. They look friendly enough, perhaps you can just ask for any spare loot?
B) The lair located in a large cave, with two dragons guarding the front. You’ll have to figure out your way past them, but a well guarded hoard should certainly be impressive!
C) The lair by the oasis with a few dragons sleeping under an overhang of rock. You can see the clan’s hoard resting in the cave, glimmering with shiny metal.
D) The lair surrounded by a grove of large and prickly cacti. It seems as if there are electrical devices on the cacti at closer look...a trap or electrical fence perhaps? But if you can get past it by disabling them...
Day 4

Your engine has power! But as any good inventor of machines knows, you realize that you’ve got to harness that power in order to actually allow your invention to move - that is, you’ve got to turn electrical energy into kinetic energy. A good set of gears should do the trick. You know that the Shifting Expanse is full of treasure troves containing gears, as you remember that gears are one of the items that Lightning dragons enjoy collecting in their hoards! Once again travelling back to the desert, you scan the landscape. Surprisingly it seems that the outer landscape is barren of ready-made gears however. You’ll have to handle this in the time-honored Ridgeback fashion and…borrow some gears from another clan’s hoard.

Climbing to the top of a plateau, you locate four probable lairs as your gaze sweeps across the desert. Which will you choose to take your gears from?

A) The lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau that seems to only be populated by coatls sunning themselves. You can see a large hoard with several gear-like shapes sticking out of it. They look friendly enough, perhaps you can just ask for any spare loot?
B) The lair located in a large cave, with two dragons guarding the front. You’ll have to figure out your way past them, but a well guarded hoard should certainly be impressive!
C) The lair by the oasis with a few dragons sleeping under an overhang of rock. You can see the clan’s hoard resting in the cave, glimmering with shiny metal.
D) The lair surrounded by a grove of large and prickly cacti. It seems as if there are electrical devices on the cacti at closer look...a trap or electrical fence perhaps? But if you can get past it by disabling them...
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4890540] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/48906/4890540_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Day 4[/b] Well i don't like having to borrow from other clans but my clan come back with tons of gears from Scavenging in the shifting expanse i'm no thief i'm sure if i ask nicely those coatls will give me some. [b]A) The lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau that seems to only be populated by coatls sunning themselves. You can see a large hoard with several gear-like shapes sticking out of it. They look friendly enough, perhaps you can just ask for any spare loot?[/b]

4890540_350.png

Day 4 Well i don't like having to borrow from other clans but my clan come back with tons of gears from Scavenging in the shifting expanse i'm no thief i'm sure if i ask nicely those coatls will give me some. A) The lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau that seems to only be populated by coatls sunning themselves. You can see a large hoard with several gear-like shapes sticking out of it. They look friendly enough, perhaps you can just ask for any spare loot?
[b]Day 4[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12438391] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/124384/12438391_350.png[/img] [/url] Vangerdahast pouted, at how comparably un-extraordinary the current setup was. Compared to those using small battery boxes or copper wires, the impressive looking car engine wasn't generating an impressive amount of power. At least the almonds were a good choice, with their high voltage output. And as a bonus, they were super tasty! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7810763] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/78108/7810763_350.png[/img] [/url] "Van, please stop eating those. You need those for that engine." [i]Groooaaaaan[/i] "So, how are you going to get gears for your machine?" He didn't want to tell his father, knowing he'd disapprove. But every other dragon was doing it... "I'm going to ask one of those lairs if I can... borrow... some gears." He coughed nervously [i]Heeeere comes the lecture [/i] "Bla blah bad impressions blah blah uncivil blah bla bla blah I want no part with this." "Well, go back an keep an eye on that engine. Maybe pick up some more almonds. Both for snacks and a power source." His dad, Yelic, sighed. "Just don't make any rash decisions." He spread his pink wings, and took off into the electrified air. Vangerdahast turned back around to look down at the expanse. He surveyed the lairs before him, and their trove of treasure... [i] Hmm, Coatls. Should be friendly, isn't it a thing for them to bestow gits or something? Or was that another dragon...[/i] Nevertheless, he trotted down to [b]A) The lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau that seems to only be populated by coatls sunning themselves. [/b]
Day 4

12438391_350.png

Vangerdahast pouted, at how comparably un-extraordinary the current setup was. Compared to those using small battery boxes or copper wires, the impressive looking car engine wasn't generating an impressive amount of power. At least the almonds were a good choice, with their high voltage output. And as a bonus, they were super tasty!

7810763_350.png

"Van, please stop eating those. You need those for that engine."

Groooaaaaan

"So, how are you going to get gears for your machine?"

He didn't want to tell his father, knowing he'd disapprove. But every other dragon was doing it...

"I'm going to ask one of those lairs if I can... borrow... some gears." He coughed nervously

Heeeere comes the lecture

"Bla blah bad impressions blah blah uncivil blah bla bla blah I want no part with this."

"Well, go back an keep an eye on that engine. Maybe pick up some more almonds. Both for snacks and a power source."

His dad, Yelic, sighed. "Just don't make any rash decisions."

He spread his pink wings, and took off into the electrified air. Vangerdahast turned back around to look down at the expanse. He surveyed the lairs before him, and their trove of treasure...

Hmm, Coatls. Should be friendly, isn't it a thing for them to bestow gits or something? Or was that another dragon...

Nevertheless, he trotted down to A) The lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau that seems to only be populated by coatls sunning themselves.
+19 FR Time
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13637458] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/136375/13637458_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]A) The lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau that seems to only be populated by coatls sunning themselves. You can see a large hoard with several gear-like shapes sticking out of it. They look friendly enough, perhaps you can just ask for any spare loot?[/b]

13637458_350.png

kUL6lb9.png
((Excuse me while I go and curl up in a corner and cry over the fact I was so caught up with SCP Mafia I missed a day over here...)) [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/66101/6610087p.png[/img][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/116875/11687432p.png[/img][/center] Quartz was rapidly jerked out of a surpsiginly good sleep by a high pitched wail. Immediately she was on the defensive to tackle and incapacitate whatever was attacking her, but thankfully she realized who was causing the ruckus before anything drastic happened. Spitz was a mess, rambling on at a point where his speech was just barely understandable and pacing in circles as his wings practicaly vibrated with aggitation. There were already a couple of knots in his tail that Quarts knew she'd have to help untangle later. "What's wrong?" Realizing that there was someone else in the room with him, the Spiral threw down what looked like shells. Nut shells. That still smelled a bit like electricity. "Are those?" she asked, feeling the panic from the previous days start to creep its way back into her body. Spitz nodded and the Mirror managed to get out of him (after asking him to repeat himself multiple times) that something, a rodent most likely, had gotten into their supply during the night. "Can'tworkwithoutpowercan'tcan'tcan't" the Spiral repated as if he were stuck in a loop. Thankfully Quartz had an answer and she grabbed Spitz by the horns to force him to look at her, vivid purple eyes meeting the same of their kind. "We just do what we came here to show," she told him firmly, "We're Arcane dragons, aren't we? We just need to make your new device blend the best of both worlds, science and magic, just like we did with my helmet. Think you're up to that?" She asked with an encouraging, albeit toothy, grin. Spitz seemed to be hyperventilating but then out of nowhere just...stopped. As soon as Quartz reassured herself he was still breathing, she took a step back to give her partner space. Spitz's zoning tended to spook everyone who hadn't seen it before, but tuning out the world entirely was soemtimes the best way he could focus on letting his brain run as fast as it wanted to. [center]~ ~ ~[/center] Nearly half the day later Quartz was finishing carving runes into and around their slowly coming together device. Most of them had a faint glow to them, growing brighter as she finished up her work. However it started spitting sparks once she was done and humming, causing her to yelp and hit it with a nearby wrench. "Oh stop it," Spitz tsked from the doorway, looking his usual cheerful and energetic self compared to earlier, "It's fine. Just lacking a few parts to make it direct all that energy." "I presume that's what you abandoned me for?" She asked dryly. "Abandonment is only a bad thing if there's nothing to gain from it," he answered. "And?" She prodded when Spitz didn't continue. "Was there anything to gain from it?" "Well, you see...I was looking for gears. Useful tidbits you know would help directing the energysflowandcontainingit-" He stopped and cleared his throat, once more forcing himself to talk at a slower speed, [b]"I found a cave that had quite a stash of material in it that looked promising to scavenge through..." Quartz groaned. "PLEASE tell me that cave wasn't someone's lair!" The Spiral shifted a bit uncomfortably. "Well, there were some dragons nearby but I didn't see anyone actualy in the cave so reallyitwashardtotelliftheydefinatelybelongedthere!"[/b] "SPITZ!" [b]((C))[/b]
((Excuse me while I go and curl up in a corner and cry over the fact I was so caught up with SCP Mafia I missed a day over here...))
6610087p.png11687432p.png

Quartz was rapidly jerked out of a surpsiginly good sleep by a high pitched wail. Immediately she was on the defensive to tackle and incapacitate whatever was attacking her, but thankfully she realized who was causing the ruckus before anything drastic happened.

Spitz was a mess, rambling on at a point where his speech was just barely understandable and pacing in circles as his wings practicaly vibrated with aggitation. There were already a couple of knots in his tail that Quarts knew she'd have to help untangle later.

"What's wrong?"

Realizing that there was someone else in the room with him, the Spiral threw down what looked like shells.

Nut shells.

That still smelled a bit like electricity.

"Are those?" she asked, feeling the panic from the previous days start to creep its way back into her body.

Spitz nodded and the Mirror managed to get out of him (after asking him to repeat himself multiple times) that something, a rodent most likely, had gotten into their supply during the night.

"Can'tworkwithoutpowercan'tcan'tcan't" the Spiral repated as if he were stuck in a loop.

Thankfully Quartz had an answer and she grabbed Spitz by the horns to force him to look at her, vivid purple eyes meeting the same of their kind. "We just do what we came here to show," she told him firmly, "We're Arcane dragons, aren't we? We just need to make your new device blend the best of both worlds, science and magic, just like we did with my helmet. Think you're up to that?" She asked with an encouraging, albeit toothy, grin.

Spitz seemed to be hyperventilating but then out of nowhere just...stopped. As soon as Quartz reassured herself he was still breathing, she took a step back to give her partner space. Spitz's zoning tended to spook everyone who hadn't seen it before, but tuning out the world entirely was soemtimes the best way he could focus on letting his brain run as fast as it wanted to.
~ ~ ~

Nearly half the day later Quartz was finishing carving runes into and around their slowly coming together device. Most of them had a faint glow to them, growing brighter as she finished up her work. However it started spitting sparks once she was done and humming, causing her to yelp and hit it with a nearby wrench.

"Oh stop it," Spitz tsked from the doorway, looking his usual cheerful and energetic self compared to earlier, "It's fine. Just lacking a few parts to make it direct all that energy."

"I presume that's what you abandoned me for?" She asked dryly.

"Abandonment is only a bad thing if there's nothing to gain from it," he answered.

"And?" She prodded when Spitz didn't continue. "Was there anything to gain from it?"

"Well, you see...I was looking for gears. Useful tidbits you know would help directing the energysflowandcontainingit-" He stopped and cleared his throat, once more forcing himself to talk at a slower speed, "I found a cave that had quite a stash of material in it that looked promising to scavenge through..."

Quartz groaned. "PLEASE tell me that cave wasn't someone's lair!"

The Spiral shifted a bit uncomfortably. "Well, there were some dragons nearby but I didn't see anyone actualy in the cave so reallyitwashardtotelliftheydefinatelybelongedthere!"

"SPITZ!"

((C))
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
@Stormdragon
I didn't get pinged for my points. I missed day 3 but I did say copper coils for day 2. You pinged me in the mass ping but not in the answers.
@Stormdragon
I didn't get pinged for my points. I missed day 3 but I did say copper coils for day 2. You pinged me in the mass ping but not in the answers.
VE5UCDSz7jPciSXi.gif ||
||
||
||
Clan Helianthe
She/Her || +2 FR Time || Wind || Lore Lair || #144517

Perpetually busy insomiac in love with D&D, ARPGs & Dragons
Screaming over there is my constant mood, Helios
Day 4: C) The lair by the oasis with a few dragons sleeping under an overhang of rock. You can see the clan’s hoard resting in the cave, glimmering with shiny metal.
Day 4: C) The lair by the oasis with a few dragons sleeping under an overhang of rock. You can see the clan’s hoard resting in the cave, glimmering with shiny metal.
1052p.png
KPt2jST.png
PsY9SIv.png
VA1XCHD.png
l5SJ5yw.png
58T08n9.png
kyWLcLU.png
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/149230/14922985.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/126472/12647118.png[/img] "Alright, things are coming together. Sort of. I would have [i]preferred[/i] to use those almonds you ate." The Skydancer mock glared at his companion. "But I guess it's too late for that. Now all I need is a few gears." "Really? That's all you need?" The Pearlcatcher tried to keep his voice neutral, though he was both skeptical and unreasonably hopeful. "Well, no. But gears are a good step. And look, there's a clan over there that would probably be happy to 'donate' a few gears for science." "You mean the clan with the guards? The two very large guards? How about we don't start another fight. Those Coatls look nice..." The Pearlcatcher trailed off awkwardly, once again realizing his mistake too late. "Nooooo, no I don't think we should. They look really busy. Let's go to that oasis. There are lots of dragons there we can borrow gears from." The Skydancer nervously backed away from the sunning Coatls. "Honestly, your weird thing about their language is actually a little insulting. You're the reason we can't keep any Coatls in the lair for longer than a week or two." "Do you know what they're saying? No! They could be saying anything. And I swear they're judging me. It's not my fault my wings are white, that's just how the plumage [i]grows[/i]!" The Skydancer stalked away from the Pearlcatcher, grumbling under his breath. While watching him walk off, the Pearlcatcher suddenly had an idea. "Hey, look at that lair. There's lots of cactus and are those traps on the cactus? They must have all sorts of gears. You definitely should not go over there and sneak past their defenses and steal from them. That would be just terrible." The Pearlcatcher sighed melodramatically. [i]This seems like a gray area in terms of honor.[/i] He thought guiltily. [i]I'm just so done with him.[/i] "Yeah, I'm [i]definitely[/i] gonna do that. Stand watch, just in case anyone comes by." With that last direction, the Skydancer threw himself into the cactus patch yelping at the numerous small stab wounds inflicted on him by the prickly plants. While his clanmate failed to get past the lair's defenses, the Pearlcatcher waved to the Coatls and headed towards their lair to see if they had any gears they were willing to part with. [b]A) The lair at the top of a lower-standing plateau that seems to only be populated by coatls sunning themselves. You can see a large hoard with several gear-like shapes sticking out of it. They look friendly enough, perhaps you can just ask for any spare loot?[/b]
14922985.png 12647118.png

"Alright, things are coming together. Sort of. I would have preferred to use those almonds you ate." The Skydancer mock glared at his companion. "But I guess it's too late for that. Now all I need is a few gears."

"Really? That's all you need?" The Pearlcatcher tried to keep his voice neutral, though he was both skeptical and unreasonably hopeful.

"Well, no. But gears are a good step. And look, there's a clan over there that would probably be happy to 'donate' a few gears for science."

"You mean the clan with the guards? The two very large guards? How about we don't start another fight. Those Coatls look nice..." The Pearlcatcher trailed off awkwardly, once again realizing his mistake too late.

"Nooooo, no I don't think we should. They look really busy. Let's go to that oasis. There are lots of dragons there we can borrow gears from." The Skydancer nervously backed away from the sunning Coatls.

"Honestly, your weird thing about their language is actually a little insulting. You're the reason we can't keep any Coatls in the lair for longer than a week or two."

"Do you know what they're saying? No! They could be saying anything. And I swear they're judging me. It's not my fault my wings are white, that's just how the plumage grows!" The Skydancer stalked away from the Pearlcatcher, grumbling under his breath. While watching him walk off, the Pearlcatcher suddenly had an idea.

"Hey, look at that lair. There's lots of cactus and are those traps on the cactus? They must have all sorts of gears. You definitely should not go over there and sneak past their defenses and steal from them. That would be just terrible." The Pearlcatcher sighed melodramatically. This seems like a gray area in terms of honor. He thought guiltily. I'm just so done with him.

"Yeah, I'm definitely gonna do that. Stand watch, just in case anyone comes by." With that last direction, the Skydancer threw himself into the cactus patch yelping at the numerous small stab wounds inflicted on him by the prickly plants.

While his clanmate failed to get past the lair's defenses, the Pearlcatcher waved to the Coatls and headed towards their lair to see if they had any gears they were willing to part with.

@stormdragon I picked copper tubes and stingers. I only got one ping. [quote name="Stasha" date=2015-07-27 09:00:23] Day 2 C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run. "Huh. What do we have here?" Groundsoil ponders for a moment. "Let's see... , I do still have a couple of nice big gems growing on my flank, and given the ambient electricity... Yes, yes, that should work. Now where did I put the pliers..." [/quote] [quote name="Stasha" date=2015-07-28 07:16:03] Day 3 Z) Electric Stingers "Electricity is electricity, so I suppose these may be of use. Should be easier to harness than lightning, too." Groundsoil reaches into the little storm-filled pond full of brackish water and crackling, squirming, slimy things. "Ouch! #¤@&$¤! Packs a punch, doesn't it! Well, that's good, I suppose. Perhaps something will come of this yet." [/quote]
@stormdragon

I picked copper tubes and stingers. I only got one ping.
Stasha wrote on 2015-07-27:
Day 2
C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.

"Huh. What do we have here?" Groundsoil ponders for a moment. "Let's see... , I do still have a couple of nice big gems growing on my flank, and given the ambient electricity... Yes, yes, that should work. Now where did I put the pliers..."
Stasha wrote on 2015-07-28:
Day 3

Z) Electric Stingers

"Electricity is electricity, so I suppose these may be of use. Should be easier to harness than lightning, too." Groundsoil reaches into the little storm-filled pond full of brackish water and crackling, squirming, slimy things. "Ouch! #¤@&$¤! Packs a punch, doesn't it! Well, that's good, I suppose. Perhaps something will come of this yet."
8uZAgkt.jpg
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 53 54