Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | >COMPLETE< Thundercrack 2015 cyoa
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 53 54
Dawn heaved, and tugged at the five cylinder engine, but after several minutes of labor and absolutely no progress, surrendered to the forces of gravity and friction. "Well, that's out of the question." She said, flitting about for a backup plan. "And no way this little thing could pack enough punch." She mused, tossing to the side a tiny battery case. "This..." She paused, as she looked upon the next object, her face lighting up like a predator finding slow-moving prey. "This will do nicely."

[Choice C] With a heave and a grunt, Dawn pulled the tubes of copper coil to the fore. "Now, all I need to do is give it a little spark. No shortage of that around here."
Dawn heaved, and tugged at the five cylinder engine, but after several minutes of labor and absolutely no progress, surrendered to the forces of gravity and friction. "Well, that's out of the question." She said, flitting about for a backup plan. "And no way this little thing could pack enough punch." She mused, tossing to the side a tiny battery case. "This..." She paused, as she looked upon the next object, her face lighting up like a predator finding slow-moving prey. "This will do nicely."

[Choice C] With a heave and a grunt, Dawn pulled the tubes of copper coil to the fore. "Now, all I need to do is give it a little spark. No shortage of that around here."
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/149230/14922985.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/126472/12647118.png[/img] "Like the Stormcatcher was really gonna do anything even if we had stolen someone else's invention. He can't even keep track of what happened to this year's inventions! I bet he hasn't even [i]caught[/i] a storm. Whatever that even means." The Skydancer grumbled to himself, angry about getting his wings wet in the downpour from last night. "Please stop insulting Lightning's deity while we are [i]in Lightning territory at a Lightning Faire[/i]. In fact, stop insulting deities at all! Just pick one of these engines things and then you can continue working on your whatever it was." The Pearlcatcher shifted uncomfortably in his armor and made apologetic looking shrugs at the angry looking dragons who overheard. "Ugh. [i]Fine[/i]. Let's just grab that coppery thing and go. It looks at least [i]mildly[/i] useful, unlike the hamster wheel. Unless you want to use it to exercise while we're at the Faire. I know you were upset about not being about to go to the Coliseum this week." The Skydancer snickered into his scarf before taking off with the copper coils. [size=1]"It is not honorable to kill your clanmate. It is [i]not[/i] honorable to kill your clanmate."[/size =1] The Pearlcatcher sighed and took off after the inventor, dreading what the next few days would bring. [b]C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.[/b]
14922985.png12647118.png

"Like the Stormcatcher was really gonna do anything even if we had stolen someone else's invention. He can't even keep track of what happened to this year's inventions! I bet he hasn't even caught a storm. Whatever that even means." The Skydancer grumbled to himself, angry about getting his wings wet in the downpour from last night.

"Please stop insulting Lightning's deity while we are in Lightning territory at a Lightning Faire. In fact, stop insulting deities at all! Just pick one of these engines things and then you can continue working on your whatever it was." The Pearlcatcher shifted uncomfortably in his armor and made apologetic looking shrugs at the angry looking dragons who overheard.

"Ugh. Fine. Let's just grab that coppery thing and go. It looks at least mildly useful, unlike the hamster wheel. Unless you want to use it to exercise while we're at the Faire. I know you were upset about not being about to go to the Coliseum this week." The Skydancer snickered into his scarf before taking off with the copper coils.

"It is not honorable to kill your clanmate. It is not honorable to kill your clanmate." The Pearlcatcher sighed and took off after the inventor, dreading what the next few days would bring.

C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1267147] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/12672/1267147_350.png[/img] [/url] That five cylinder car engine is incredibly tempting. Just think of the power it could produce! On the other paw, and despite numerous efforts, Eisa can’t shift it. She tries with planks, she tries with wheels, she tries building legs on to it where it is (they catch fire and fall apart), she tries stealthily harnessing it to an inattentive Ridgeback. Unfortunately he notices and they wind up having a brief argument while Eisa hangs upside-down from his nose waving a half built bridle. After all that she’s exhausted and discouraged and slumps on top of the engine with her crest drooping. The realisation that she’s running out of time causes her to perk up and dive back into the mountains of parts. A hamster wheel? Well, it doesn’t look like much, but she’s always been fond of ember mice. Maybe she can catch one? It’s not much of a power source, but great things can come from small beginnings. She fans her crest and puffs out her chest. She should know. [b]Choice D for Monday.[/b]

1267147_350.png

That five cylinder car engine is incredibly tempting. Just think of the power it could produce! On the other paw, and despite numerous efforts, Eisa can’t shift it. She tries with planks, she tries with wheels, she tries building legs on to it where it is (they catch fire and fall apart), she tries stealthily harnessing it to an inattentive Ridgeback. Unfortunately he notices and they wind up having a brief argument while Eisa hangs upside-down from his nose waving a half built bridle.

After all that she’s exhausted and discouraged and slumps on top of the engine with her crest drooping. The realisation that she’s running out of time causes her to perk up and dive back into the mountains of parts. A hamster wheel? Well, it doesn’t look like much, but she’s always been fond of ember mice. Maybe she can catch one? It’s not much of a power source, but great things can come from small beginnings. She fans her crest and puffs out her chest. She should know.

Choice D for Monday.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14560408] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/145605/14560408_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]All right Waveskimmer, you can do this. You're a[/i] Lightning [i]dragon, remember.[/i] A good night's sleep had helped clear her head, and now Waveskimmer was determined to rebuild her invention before judging began at the end of the World Faire. She still had a week, after all. She could do this.[i] I can do this.[/i] A friendly Ridgeback guard showed her and Flitter into a warehouse full of old inventions where she could gather spare arts to rebuild her invention. Several dragons were already there, their inventions also lost by courtiers. Waveskimmer sympathized with them - losing something you worked so hard on was terrible. But at the same time, she couldn't deny a small shiver of joy. If all these dragons had the same setback she did, she still had a good chance of winning the competition and being recognized as the best inventor/Lightning dragon at the Faire. Waveskimmer and Flitter headed over to a relatively abandoned corner of the warehouse to look for spare parts. There were so many useful odds and ends, just left lying around... "First things first," she reminded herself. She needed a power source for her invention - something that could power the suit and let the wearer move as well as absorb energy from lightning strikes. Waveskimmer rummaged through the pile and came up with a little lightweight case that looked like it was meant to hold batteries. It was small and light enough for even the smallest Fae to wear with ease, but it couldn't possibly hold more than a few dozen volts. Not what she was looking for. Waveskimmer set the battery case down and kept looking, After pushing aside a few planks and gears, she found a [i]huge [/i]five cylinder car engine. It was too heavy for any dragon but the strongest Guardians to lift, never mind wear on a suit. A closer examination revealed that the engine ran on gasoline, not electricity, which made it even more useless. Frustrated, Waveskimmer dove into the next pile in the hopes of finding something more useful. She reached for a promising gleam of metal, only to pick up...a hamster wheel? What in the Gods' names was she supposed to do with a hamster wheel?! "Argh!" She threw the hamster wheel in disgust, only for it to bounce back and hit her on the forehead. "Ow!" Hot tears formed in the corners of her eyes, not only from pain but also anger and despair. [i]Can't even find a power source to rebuild my invention. What kind of inventor am I? I'm not fit to be a Lightning dragon. I'm not fit to be a dragon, period. Stupid, stupid, stupid![/i] Her tears rolled down her face, a few landing in her mouth. The taste of the salty tears reminded her of the Sea of a Thousand Currents in which she lived, and that reminded her of the Water dragons who took her in. They believed in prophecies and omens, signs of the Tidelord's currents of fate guiding them to where they needed to be. Waveskimmer had never believed in any of that herself - as a Lightning dragon, she'd never had the Sight. But, she lived in the Tidelord's domain, raised by Water dragons...surely it couldn't hurt? Waveskimmer closed her eyes and murmured a quick prayer to Tidelord before spinning in a circle three times, tripping over her own tail, and collapsing in a heap. When she opened her eyes, the very first thing she saw was her familiar Flitter hovering worriedly before her. Groaning, Waveskimmer pushed herself to her feet. There was probably a sign in that, but Waveskimmer couldn't read it. "I'm fine Flitter," she assured the Leafy Moth. Only then did she notice was Flitter was [i]holding[/i]. It was a group of three tubes with coils of copper inside, and it looked like it ran on electricity. Waveskimmer eagerly snatched the piece up before crushing Flitter in a huge hug. "Oh thank you thank you thank you this is [i]perfect[/i]!" The piece had some weight but was light enough to wear, and it could run on electricity. Once she modified it to store electricity as well, she would have a power source for her invention. [i]I can build my invention now. I'll show them who's the best Lightning dragon here.[/i] [b]C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.[/b]

14560408_350.png

All right Waveskimmer, you can do this. You're a Lightning dragon, remember.

A good night's sleep had helped clear her head, and now Waveskimmer was determined to rebuild her invention before judging began at the end of the World Faire. She still had a week, after all. She could do this. I can do this.

A friendly Ridgeback guard showed her and Flitter into a warehouse full of old inventions where she could gather spare arts to rebuild her invention. Several dragons were already there, their inventions also lost by courtiers. Waveskimmer sympathized with them - losing something you worked so hard on was terrible. But at the same time, she couldn't deny a small shiver of joy. If all these dragons had the same setback she did, she still had a good chance of winning the competition and being recognized as the best inventor/Lightning dragon at the Faire.

Waveskimmer and Flitter headed over to a relatively abandoned corner of the warehouse to look for spare parts. There were so many useful odds and ends, just left lying around... "First things first," she reminded herself. She needed a power source for her invention - something that could power the suit and let the wearer move as well as absorb energy from lightning strikes. Waveskimmer rummaged through the pile and came up with a little lightweight case that looked like it was meant to hold batteries. It was small and light enough for even the smallest Fae to wear with ease, but it couldn't possibly hold more than a few dozen volts. Not what she was looking for.

Waveskimmer set the battery case down and kept looking, After pushing aside a few planks and gears, she found a huge five cylinder car engine. It was too heavy for any dragon but the strongest Guardians to lift, never mind wear on a suit. A closer examination revealed that the engine ran on gasoline, not electricity, which made it even more useless. Frustrated, Waveskimmer dove into the next pile in the hopes of finding something more useful. She reached for a promising gleam of metal, only to pick up...a hamster wheel? What in the Gods' names was she supposed to do with a hamster wheel?!

"Argh!" She threw the hamster wheel in disgust, only for it to bounce back and hit her on the forehead. "Ow!" Hot tears formed in the corners of her eyes, not only from pain but also anger and despair. Can't even find a power source to rebuild my invention. What kind of inventor am I? I'm not fit to be a Lightning dragon. I'm not fit to be a dragon, period. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

Her tears rolled down her face, a few landing in her mouth. The taste of the salty tears reminded her of the Sea of a Thousand Currents in which she lived, and that reminded her of the Water dragons who took her in. They believed in prophecies and omens, signs of the Tidelord's currents of fate guiding them to where they needed to be. Waveskimmer had never believed in any of that herself - as a Lightning dragon, she'd never had the Sight. But, she lived in the Tidelord's domain, raised by Water dragons...surely it couldn't hurt?

Waveskimmer closed her eyes and murmured a quick prayer to Tidelord before spinning in a circle three times, tripping over her own tail, and collapsing in a heap. When she opened her eyes, the very first thing she saw was her familiar Flitter hovering worriedly before her. Groaning, Waveskimmer pushed herself to her feet. There was probably a sign in that, but Waveskimmer couldn't read it. "I'm fine Flitter," she assured the Leafy Moth. Only then did she notice was Flitter was holding. It was a group of three tubes with coils of copper inside, and it looked like it ran on electricity. Waveskimmer eagerly snatched the piece up before crushing Flitter in a huge hug. "Oh thank you thank you thank you this is perfect!" The piece had some weight but was light enough to wear, and it could run on electricity. Once she modified it to store electricity as well, she would have a power source for her invention. I can build my invention now. I'll show them who's the best Lightning dragon here.

C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.
Na5WGHa.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12777964] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/127780/12777964_350.png[/img] [/url] This fella is feeling like an inventor, inspired by the Lightning flight! And, of course, being new to the job, he goes for the difficult task first. [b]B) There’s a five cylinder car engine here! You examine the large engine, and realize it is incredibly heavy too.[/b]

12777964_350.png

This fella is feeling like an inventor, inspired by the Lightning flight!
And, of course, being new to the job, he goes for the difficult task first.

B) There’s a five cylinder car engine here! You examine the large engine, and realize it is incredibly heavy too.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3206903] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/32070/3206903_350.png[/img] [/url] After a night's sleep, Eggplant was feeling much less irritated than the night before. How they could have been so irresponsible with everyone's experiments was beyond her, but it was a new day and thus time to get over the whole mess, at least until she got home and could rant about it to her lair. Examining the options before her, she decided that the copper coil-based engine would be best. This was, after all, Lightning Flight territory. There should be no shortage of electricity here. [b]Monday, Day 2: C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run. [/b]

3206903_350.png

After a night's sleep, Eggplant was feeling much less irritated than the night before. How they could have been so irresponsible with everyone's experiments was beyond her, but it was a new day and thus time to get over the whole mess, at least until she got home and could rant about it to her lair.

Examining the options before her, she decided that the copper coil-based engine would be best. This was, after all, Lightning Flight territory. There should be no shortage of electricity here.

Monday, Day 2: C) You find three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.
The sun warms the soilowHD2Fr.pngon a cool autumn day.
OOf4SrF.gif MWFAgdF.gif OOf4SrF.gif
Static shook his head in dismay. How could he possibly recreate his invention here? With leftover parts! He sighed. All that work, down the drain.

Despondently, he checked over the parts in front of him. Frowning, he shook the little case. He couldn't tell if there was anything actually inside or not. The engine wasn't too heavy for him, but it was much bigger than he needed for his invention. Static picked up the C) three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.

Hmm... those had a lot of potential. His specialty was electricity and this was closest to his original design, out of the parts in front of him.
Static shook his head in dismay. How could he possibly recreate his invention here? With leftover parts! He sighed. All that work, down the drain.

Despondently, he checked over the parts in front of him. Frowning, he shook the little case. He couldn't tell if there was anything actually inside or not. The engine wasn't too heavy for him, but it was much bigger than he needed for his invention. Static picked up the C) three tubes with copper coiled inside. Looks like it uses electricity to run.

Hmm... those had a lot of potential. His specialty was electricity and this was closest to his original design, out of the parts in front of him.
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
@Stanzascale
If you mean lodging for the night. I'm sure there's hotels or such around, but they'd probably be booked if you only started looking for a room on your arrival. There are a couple of hotels that offered rooms to dragons participating in the events, but last I checked the last rooms for those filled up around the time of the Ice festival. Many dragons who come to Thundercrack can find lodging within many of the clans in the region. For the most part (that I've met) Lightning dragons are very kind and welcoming, so long as they know your motives. Many dragons have a link to at least one lightning dragon, so staying with a friend of a friend is usually the preferred choice. Another option for the people visiting the inventing faire is to stay within the building. On the upper floor a couple of the rooms are open and stocked with blankets and pillows of all sizes. Food should not be an issue, as there is a 24/7 convenience mart on the eastern part of the lower floor.
@Stanzascale
If you mean lodging for the night. I'm sure there's hotels or such around, but they'd probably be booked if you only started looking for a room on your arrival. There are a couple of hotels that offered rooms to dragons participating in the events, but last I checked the last rooms for those filled up around the time of the Ice festival. Many dragons who come to Thundercrack can find lodging within many of the clans in the region. For the most part (that I've met) Lightning dragons are very kind and welcoming, so long as they know your motives. Many dragons have a link to at least one lightning dragon, so staying with a friend of a friend is usually the preferred choice. Another option for the people visiting the inventing faire is to stay within the building. On the upper floor a couple of the rooms are open and stocked with blankets and pillows of all sizes. Food should not be an issue, as there is a 24/7 convenience mart on the eastern part of the lower floor.
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14317038] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/143171/14317038_350.png[/img] [/url] Stupid storm. If it hadn't shown up she would have gladly worked throughout the night looking for parts. Her sensitive eyes would have been able to pick out the different parts easier. Dorcha huffs in annoyance as she leaves the building once again. Passing the Coatl who is looking more frazzled than yesterday. Which is no wonder if what he said over the announcements is true and a ton of inventions have gone missing. Taking to the air as soon as she is able Dorcha scans the area with her wide red eyes. Squawking when she accidentally turns toward the direction of the sun and its rays pierce right through to her brain. Eyes squeeze shut tight as she shakes her head to try to get rid of the now bright spots covering her vision. Her body twists in agitation and unsurprisingly knots itself up and she plummets to the ground. Thankfully, her wings are still free so with them flapping crazily, the Spiral's landing is only slightly jarring. "Ugh," Dorcha groans out as she rubs at her eyes and works on un-knotting herself, "Stupid sun and its stupid brightness," Once her vision is clear of everything, except the more stubborn spots, she sweeps her head around to take in the area she's landed in. "Oooooo," Dorcha coos and pulls herself along the ground towards a huge engine, "Just look at this thing! So many possible ideas that I can use this for!" She pauses, "And all the yelling I would get if I so much as tried to invent something with such a large engine," Huffing in annoyance that she is hesitate to use the engine, even though [i]no one[/i] from her clan is here to see her use it. [i]"Dorcha, when you are gone for the Faire. Don't you[/i] [b]dare[/b][i] use a large engine,"[/i] Ahhh, crap. Dorcha pouts when her Aunt's warning pops up. Rella had seen something before Dorcha had left for her trip. Whelp, there goes [i]that[/i] wonderful, new, idea of an invention. Grumbling the young Spiral lifts herself up into the air once again and yelps out in surprise, shock and a little bit of pain, when her tail doesn't follow and jerks her back to the ground. "Not my day," Dorcha sighs as she tries to move her tail and it just tugs from where it is snagged, "Definitely not my day," Deciding that laying there and pouting for a few moments sounds like a WONderful idea, Dorcha does exactly that. At least till her eyes focus on a [b]A) little case that looks like it would hold four small battery-sized objects[/b] and would actually be [i]perfect[/i] for the idea that she got yesterday after she found out her invention was gone. She scrambles forward, yelping once again when her tail pulls her to a stop. Sighing, she twists around and works on freeing her tail from inside the engine. How it even stuck itself in there, she'll never know. Sometimes she hates how her body parts like to move as if they have a mind of their own. Once free, she scrambles towards the case and picks it up. Glad it is on the small and light side so she can easily make her way back to the Faire. Giddy that she was able to find her ideal power source. She spots a hamster wheel as she leaves and grins. Could have used that too...if only she had her mother's Crowned Bonepriest to use. [b]A) You find a little case that looks like it would hold four small battery-sized objects. It’s fairly light and small in your paw.[/b]

14317038_350.png

Stupid storm. If it hadn't shown up she would have gladly worked throughout the night looking for parts. Her sensitive eyes would have been able to pick out the different parts easier. Dorcha huffs in annoyance as she leaves the building once again. Passing the Coatl who is looking more frazzled than yesterday.

Which is no wonder if what he said over the announcements is true and a ton of inventions have gone missing.

Taking to the air as soon as she is able Dorcha scans the area with her wide red eyes. Squawking when she accidentally turns toward the direction of the sun and its rays pierce right through to her brain. Eyes squeeze shut tight as she shakes her head to try to get rid of the now bright spots covering her vision.

Her body twists in agitation and unsurprisingly knots itself up and she plummets to the ground. Thankfully, her wings are still free so with them flapping crazily, the Spiral's landing is only slightly jarring.

"Ugh," Dorcha groans out as she rubs at her eyes and works on un-knotting herself, "Stupid sun and its stupid brightness,"

Once her vision is clear of everything, except the more stubborn spots, she sweeps her head around to take in the area she's landed in.

"Oooooo," Dorcha coos and pulls herself along the ground towards a huge engine, "Just look at this thing! So many possible ideas that I can use this for!" She pauses, "And all the yelling I would get if I so much as tried to invent something with such a large engine,"

Huffing in annoyance that she is hesitate to use the engine, even though no one from her clan is here to see her use it.

"Dorcha, when you are gone for the Faire. Don't you dare use a large engine,"

Ahhh, crap. Dorcha pouts when her Aunt's warning pops up. Rella had seen something before Dorcha had left for her trip. Whelp, there goes that wonderful, new, idea of an invention.

Grumbling the young Spiral lifts herself up into the air once again and yelps out in surprise, shock and a little bit of pain, when her tail doesn't follow and jerks her back to the ground.

"Not my day," Dorcha sighs as she tries to move her tail and it just tugs from where it is snagged, "Definitely not my day,"

Deciding that laying there and pouting for a few moments sounds like a WONderful idea, Dorcha does exactly that. At least till her eyes focus on a A) little case that looks like it would hold four small battery-sized objects and would actually be perfect for the idea that she got yesterday after she found out her invention was gone.

She scrambles forward, yelping once again when her tail pulls her to a stop. Sighing, she twists around and works on freeing her tail from inside the engine. How it even stuck itself in there, she'll never know.

Sometimes she hates how her body parts like to move as if they have a mind of their own.

Once free, she scrambles towards the case and picks it up. Glad it is on the small and light side so she can easily make her way back to the Faire. Giddy that she was able to find her ideal power source.

She spots a hamster wheel as she leaves and grins. Could have used that too...if only she had her mother's Crowned Bonepriest to use.

A) You find a little case that looks like it would hold four small battery-sized objects. It’s fairly light and small in your paw.
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 53 54