Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [RAFFLE/GIVEAWAY] Scary Story Share
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14
*kicks door open* HOW HAS NOBODY MENTIONED SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK?! *inhale* Ok, these books were my childhood. It's a book about short scary stories and it was the basis of the new movie. But the books by Alvin Schwartz are by far the best. I highly highly suggest them. Every creature has its own illustration and personality. They could each have their very own book dedicated to them! My pick is Scary Stories to tell in the Dark Vol. 1, the original to start. My favorite story, however, is the Cat's Paw. Read it and you'll see why!
*kicks door open* HOW HAS NOBODY MENTIONED SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK?! *inhale* Ok, these books were my childhood. It's a book about short scary stories and it was the basis of the new movie. But the books by Alvin Schwartz are by far the best. I highly highly suggest them. Every creature has its own illustration and personality. They could each have their very own book dedicated to them! My pick is Scary Stories to tell in the Dark Vol. 1, the original to start. My favorite story, however, is the Cat's Paw. Read it and you'll see why!
GXZa4Nw.png bvcNXav.png ||Female - 17 - Artist - Bi - Taking Commissions!
*Yeets myself in with another movie*
Okay! So, like, this is an interesting - yet very gory - slasher trilogy. It's called Hostel. So basically this group of bros is like "HEY LETS GO LOOK FOR SOME HOT LADIES MMMMMMM" and goes to this I think it's Slovakian town, and then they see the hot ladies and dudes are like "DUDE I WANT IT" and so they go to a club and dance like total idiots and eventually are kidnapped, except for one dude bro that managed to get himself locked in the bathroom because apparently their bathroom is hot garbage when it comes to getting out. So he's all like "Where my frens at now" and goes looking for them only to find this hella rich person club that buys people to torture, and so he invades in and I won't spoil the rest but boy is the ending satisfying because the rich people club gets exactly what they deserve.

But in all seriousness, it's well made imo, and the main guy is pretty ******.
*Yeets myself in with another movie*
Okay! So, like, this is an interesting - yet very gory - slasher trilogy. It's called Hostel. So basically this group of bros is like "HEY LETS GO LOOK FOR SOME HOT LADIES MMMMMMM" and goes to this I think it's Slovakian town, and then they see the hot ladies and dudes are like "DUDE I WANT IT" and so they go to a club and dance like total idiots and eventually are kidnapped, except for one dude bro that managed to get himself locked in the bathroom because apparently their bathroom is hot garbage when it comes to getting out. So he's all like "Where my frens at now" and goes looking for them only to find this hella rich person club that buys people to torture, and so he invades in and I won't spoil the rest but boy is the ending satisfying because the rich people club gets exactly what they deserve.

But in all seriousness, it's well made imo, and the main guy is pretty ******.
Tj9jm0X.png bwFw21K.png uJgX9G9.png 4ogWlJU.png
ELWEhez.png
yUgY90m.png
xp0Pzju.png
bhlBVAO.png
ymF86gg.png
http://vgperson.com/games/yourturntodie/

This is a game called 'Your Turn To Die-Death Game By Majority' or in its original name, 'Kimi ga Shine'. You can play it on PC or mobile and it's a free to play 'point and click' kind of horror game! You start out as a girl named Sara Chidouin, a young high school girl who is living a normal life and doing her own thing. She and her best friend Joe walk home after school one day and, after a worrying encounter with Sara's stalker, run back to her home and find her mother unconscious. As Joe calls the police, Sara is kidnapped and the two find themselves flung into a game with a group of people. From there, they are forced to go through trials where they must vote for one person to die. It's only finished up to Chapter 2, Part 2, but it's definitely worth playing! (Content warning for dark themes and gore-y images!)
http://vgperson.com/games/yourturntodie/

This is a game called 'Your Turn To Die-Death Game By Majority' or in its original name, 'Kimi ga Shine'. You can play it on PC or mobile and it's a free to play 'point and click' kind of horror game! You start out as a girl named Sara Chidouin, a young high school girl who is living a normal life and doing her own thing. She and her best friend Joe walk home after school one day and, after a worrying encounter with Sara's stalker, run back to her home and find her mother unconscious. As Joe calls the police, Sara is kidnapped and the two find themselves flung into a game with a group of people. From there, they are forced to go through trials where they must vote for one person to die. It's only finished up to Chapter 2, Part 2, but it's definitely worth playing! (Content warning for dark themes and gore-y images!)
DAA2-CA6-A-C652-49-DD-BAC3-E3-DAFA3-EA2-F3.png
Today's recommendation from me is one of my favorite horror films!
The Blair Witch Project (199)
I can't attest to the two follow up films, as I haven't seen them, but The Blair Witch Project is incredible in both what it achieved in the film and in the box office. It wasn't the first found footage style film, but it took a style that had seen little success and showed filmmakers its potential.
For those unfamiliar with found footage style movies, they are usually in scenarios where the people filming have gone missing, and months or years later, someone finds their recordings or cameras and releases the videos.
In the Blair Witch Project, the story is about college students making a project for a film class about a local legend. The students we see in the film went missing, but their equipment was found a year later. Because it is footage that film students shot, but not a finished project, we don't see a lot of editing and instead see what would be considered behind the scenes in other movies. And with a super small budget, only about 60k, they made nearly 250 million in box office. It's a great film and a nice break from how people typically think of what a movie is or should be.
Today's recommendation from me is one of my favorite horror films!
The Blair Witch Project (199)
I can't attest to the two follow up films, as I haven't seen them, but The Blair Witch Project is incredible in both what it achieved in the film and in the box office. It wasn't the first found footage style film, but it took a style that had seen little success and showed filmmakers its potential.
For those unfamiliar with found footage style movies, they are usually in scenarios where the people filming have gone missing, and months or years later, someone finds their recordings or cameras and releases the videos.
In the Blair Witch Project, the story is about college students making a project for a film class about a local legend. The students we see in the film went missing, but their equipment was found a year later. Because it is footage that film students shot, but not a finished project, we don't see a lot of editing and instead see what would be considered behind the scenes in other movies. And with a super small budget, only about 60k, they made nearly 250 million in box office. It's a great film and a nice break from how people typically think of what a movie is or should be.
Well, I think I'll jump in the "classics" bandwagon. My recommendation is The Haunting in the Hill House. Of all the horror stories that use the "how much of this haunting is the ghost and how much is a manifestation of the protagonists decaying mental health", this one did it best. Hell, maybe this book created it. Our troubled protagonist, Nell, is invited to participate in a supernatural study by a university professor in the infamous Hill House. Also participating is Theodora, who is a little psychic, and Luke, the heir of the mansions owner. And the house is evil to its core, and start to influence people. Classic.
To be honest, I couldn't decide on the media I would reccomend, so I'll make a list!

The Haunting in the Hill House (book) - should be easy to find in bookstores this time of year; absolutely reccomend!

The Haunting (film-1963) - the original film in black and white, it's very good and a nice, creepy gothic film to see in halloween. Found on a streaming site.

The Hauting (film-1999) - this is what happens when you take the book, shove it in google translate, convert it to dutch, then to japanese, then to Iídiche, then back to english and try to make a movie of the mess. Passing resemblance to the original plot, and it's kinda crap.

The Haunting of Hill House (netflix adaptation) - the story had to be changed, but they kept the essencial feeling. They nailed everything! Except the ending. The ending is... weird. But overall is so good I would recommend anyway. And now it's a horror story anthology as well.
Well, I think I'll jump in the "classics" bandwagon. My recommendation is The Haunting in the Hill House. Of all the horror stories that use the "how much of this haunting is the ghost and how much is a manifestation of the protagonists decaying mental health", this one did it best. Hell, maybe this book created it. Our troubled protagonist, Nell, is invited to participate in a supernatural study by a university professor in the infamous Hill House. Also participating is Theodora, who is a little psychic, and Luke, the heir of the mansions owner. And the house is evil to its core, and start to influence people. Classic.
To be honest, I couldn't decide on the media I would reccomend, so I'll make a list!

The Haunting in the Hill House (book) - should be easy to find in bookstores this time of year; absolutely reccomend!

The Haunting (film-1963) - the original film in black and white, it's very good and a nice, creepy gothic film to see in halloween. Found on a streaming site.

The Hauting (film-1999) - this is what happens when you take the book, shove it in google translate, convert it to dutch, then to japanese, then to Iídiche, then back to english and try to make a movie of the mess. Passing resemblance to the original plot, and it's kinda crap.

The Haunting of Hill House (netflix adaptation) - the story had to be changed, but they kept the essencial feeling. They nailed everything! Except the ending. The ending is... weird. But overall is so good I would recommend anyway. And now it's a horror story anthology as well.
pCxMRnd.gif 9INKMbn.png Plentiful-Meat.png VEvBB7l.pngKp99Tes.png
I have a ton of recommendations as I'm a horror movie buff. But I will bring this one to the table for the time being.
The Conjuring (2013)
I loved this movie. It had such an edge of your seat atmosphere. It was your typical horror movie, but, at the same time, it wasn't your typical horror movie. It shows why you shouldn't mess with or play with the paranormal. It shows that it can move with you if you interact and interfere with it enough. I loved it! My family thought it was super scary.

But, if you haven't watched it, I'd recommend to watch it at least once.

What is it about? A family moves into a house that has a cursed land and vast history. Soon, they find themselves plagued with unexplained happenings. They contact the Warrens to help figure out what is going on. There's something about the Annabelle doll. And I really don't want to spoil it for you. :P

I have a ton of recommendations as I'm a horror movie buff. But I will bring this one to the table for the time being.
The Conjuring (2013)
I loved this movie. It had such an edge of your seat atmosphere. It was your typical horror movie, but, at the same time, it wasn't your typical horror movie. It shows why you shouldn't mess with or play with the paranormal. It shows that it can move with you if you interact and interfere with it enough. I loved it! My family thought it was super scary.

But, if you haven't watched it, I'd recommend to watch it at least once.

What is it about? A family moves into a house that has a cursed land and vast history. Soon, they find themselves plagued with unexplained happenings. They contact the Warrens to help figure out what is going on. There's something about the Annabelle doll. And I really don't want to spoil it for you. :P

DoWq1FH.pngYzZnJxc.pngCi4cDic.png
noSD0w3.png
Man it feels like a Monday. Entertain me.
Man it feels like a Monday. Entertain me.
Alright, my recommendation for today isn't necessarily solidly in the horror genre, but more of a cyberpunk film. In my mind, successful cyberpunk media should be just as gut wrenching and devastating as horror. And this film definitely has its creepy moments. An anime classic and founder and staple of the cyberpunk genre, today's recommendation is:

Akira (1988)

An anime film taking place in 2019 in Japan's city of Neo-Tokyo after World War III, the movie follows young members of a biker gang, the Capsules, led by Kaneda. Neo-Tokyo is in constant strife. Protests are held in the street, and often met with government violence. Rival gangs fight in the streets. During a fight between the Capsules and the rival Clowns, a Capsule member named Tetsuo was badly injured and taken into a government institution where he begins to develop strange abilities and experience extreme pain. Kaneda teams up with a rebel spy to rescue Testuo, only to discover Tesuo has become violent and hateful, and threatens the existence of Neo-Tokyo as a whole.
The movie is violent and loud and strange. It's nothing like how anything animated was like before it, and it also has some of the earlier uses of CGI in an animated film. It's a must watch for anyone looking to get into cyberpunk media.
Alright, my recommendation for today isn't necessarily solidly in the horror genre, but more of a cyberpunk film. In my mind, successful cyberpunk media should be just as gut wrenching and devastating as horror. And this film definitely has its creepy moments. An anime classic and founder and staple of the cyberpunk genre, today's recommendation is:

Akira (1988)

An anime film taking place in 2019 in Japan's city of Neo-Tokyo after World War III, the movie follows young members of a biker gang, the Capsules, led by Kaneda. Neo-Tokyo is in constant strife. Protests are held in the street, and often met with government violence. Rival gangs fight in the streets. During a fight between the Capsules and the rival Clowns, a Capsule member named Tetsuo was badly injured and taken into a government institution where he begins to develop strange abilities and experience extreme pain. Kaneda teams up with a rebel spy to rescue Testuo, only to discover Tesuo has become violent and hateful, and threatens the existence of Neo-Tokyo as a whole.
The movie is violent and loud and strange. It's nothing like how anything animated was like before it, and it also has some of the earlier uses of CGI in an animated film. It's a must watch for anyone looking to get into cyberpunk media.
Honestly, I wouldn't sweat having an extensive list. It's best in my opinion to have a long list of things to try that you can even recycle to the next year! Anyway, my recommendation this time is for the worst game I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing first-hand--Fatal Frame. To be completely honest it was the first game that grabbed me by my psyche and ruined me to this very day, but I want to point you toward the newest installment instead.

Fatal frame is basically amateur ghost hunting in game form, where you're thrust into a haunted building or situation and your only weapon is a camera. Taking pictures of grotesque spirits who are both angry and sad and want your soul or something and then you're stressed because your filmS RUNNING OUT T__T

Anyway, yeah, the newest game! It's called Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, and you follow the storyline of three separate individuals as opposed to the usual one. All the games are heavily japanese themed, so it should come as no surprise that this one is centered around the mystery of a fictional aokigahara (the suicide forest in japan) and one whole scawwy ghost. The realish main character is an apprentice to the person who owns the infamous Camera Obscura which can photograph the dead, but she goes missing and leaves her camera behind...you were practically trained for this, so you pick it up and begin an investigation. (That's Yuri, she's a good girl :( ) Ren is the real mvp of the game, he has his own Camera Obscura that was like basically handed down through the generations, but he's like a spirit detective, so he's gonna help the main character because they're friends and that's what friends do even if you're putting yourself and your own apprentice in danger?? And the third is Miu, who is actually the daughter to one of the older protagonists. She spends all her time looking for her mother. :( You teeter between all three of them as you slowly progress through the story, criss cross, save each other, and solve the mysteries behind the forest/mountain that seemingly is cursed. (spoilers: its probably cursed)

But I just want to add that the plot and gameplay is perfect in this game. Why? It's the wiiu....why? The wiiu is literally. Your camera. Yeah it's scary when your screen is taken up with looking through the camera, but it's even worse when you are physically moving around with it.

If you have a PS3, you can get them all on the playstation store for super cheap every halloween season cause they go on sale every single year lmao. Except for Maiden of black water (of course) as that's on the wiiu.
I'm going to japan soon and this game made it so I can't go on the cable cars or go see the beautiful shrines that sit on the ocean because those are areas in the game sob
Honestly, I wouldn't sweat having an extensive list. It's best in my opinion to have a long list of things to try that you can even recycle to the next year! Anyway, my recommendation this time is for the worst game I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing first-hand--Fatal Frame. To be completely honest it was the first game that grabbed me by my psyche and ruined me to this very day, but I want to point you toward the newest installment instead.

Fatal frame is basically amateur ghost hunting in game form, where you're thrust into a haunted building or situation and your only weapon is a camera. Taking pictures of grotesque spirits who are both angry and sad and want your soul or something and then you're stressed because your filmS RUNNING OUT T__T

Anyway, yeah, the newest game! It's called Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, and you follow the storyline of three separate individuals as opposed to the usual one. All the games are heavily japanese themed, so it should come as no surprise that this one is centered around the mystery of a fictional aokigahara (the suicide forest in japan) and one whole scawwy ghost. The realish main character is an apprentice to the person who owns the infamous Camera Obscura which can photograph the dead, but she goes missing and leaves her camera behind...you were practically trained for this, so you pick it up and begin an investigation. (That's Yuri, she's a good girl :( ) Ren is the real mvp of the game, he has his own Camera Obscura that was like basically handed down through the generations, but he's like a spirit detective, so he's gonna help the main character because they're friends and that's what friends do even if you're putting yourself and your own apprentice in danger?? And the third is Miu, who is actually the daughter to one of the older protagonists. She spends all her time looking for her mother. :( You teeter between all three of them as you slowly progress through the story, criss cross, save each other, and solve the mysteries behind the forest/mountain that seemingly is cursed. (spoilers: its probably cursed)

But I just want to add that the plot and gameplay is perfect in this game. Why? It's the wiiu....why? The wiiu is literally. Your camera. Yeah it's scary when your screen is taken up with looking through the camera, but it's even worse when you are physically moving around with it.

If you have a PS3, you can get them all on the playstation store for super cheap every halloween season cause they go on sale every single year lmao. Except for Maiden of black water (of course) as that's on the wiiu.
I'm going to japan soon and this game made it so I can't go on the cable cars or go see the beautiful shrines that sit on the ocean because those are areas in the game sob
E9E8F185-9CF8-4F34-AA43-E225D87767C5.png FR+0 / Fluid
Art shop
Adoptables shop
LF dergs thread
Guess who's back? Back again, Vex is back. Tell a friend.

Anyways, another film! Autopsy is an interesting one. It takes place in a hospital run by a loon. Who would've guessed right? But anyways, the story starts off with some party folks coming back from MARDI GRAS~~~~ but whoOPS, they done diddily hit someone so they done diddily goofed up right there. So out of literally nowhere, some ambulances come and take them to a random hospital in bumfreak nowhere to be checked up on. Then Whacky McWhacko the doctor is like "SUP Y'ALL MY LAB RATS NOW HAVE FUN K THX BAI" and eventually you see probably one of the prettiest things you could do with organs, and make a tree of this dude's guts. Like, this is the single reason why I recommend this film sometimes is just because of the heart tree and its beauty. Anyways, McWhacko's trying to keep his wife alive with this convoluted setup, which for some strange reason has been working all this time?? But his wife is like "God, frank, just let me die already." and dummy mcbunghole is like "nah fam, imma kill some teens to keep you alive longer. and his wife is like "fRANK NO." anyways, I won't spoil the rest, just take my trash synopsis with a grain of salt.
Guess who's back? Back again, Vex is back. Tell a friend.

Anyways, another film! Autopsy is an interesting one. It takes place in a hospital run by a loon. Who would've guessed right? But anyways, the story starts off with some party folks coming back from MARDI GRAS~~~~ but whoOPS, they done diddily hit someone so they done diddily goofed up right there. So out of literally nowhere, some ambulances come and take them to a random hospital in bumfreak nowhere to be checked up on. Then Whacky McWhacko the doctor is like "SUP Y'ALL MY LAB RATS NOW HAVE FUN K THX BAI" and eventually you see probably one of the prettiest things you could do with organs, and make a tree of this dude's guts. Like, this is the single reason why I recommend this film sometimes is just because of the heart tree and its beauty. Anyways, McWhacko's trying to keep his wife alive with this convoluted setup, which for some strange reason has been working all this time?? But his wife is like "God, frank, just let me die already." and dummy mcbunghole is like "nah fam, imma kill some teens to keep you alive longer. and his wife is like "fRANK NO." anyways, I won't spoil the rest, just take my trash synopsis with a grain of salt.
Tj9jm0X.png bwFw21K.png uJgX9G9.png 4ogWlJU.png
ELWEhez.png
yUgY90m.png
xp0Pzju.png
bhlBVAO.png
ymF86gg.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14