Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [RAFFLE/GIVEAWAY] Scary Story Share
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
You guys are great, posting before I even woke up this morning. Loving these suggestions.
You guys are great, posting before I even woke up this morning. Loving these suggestions.
@daniellefaye I love this idea!!

My suggestion: The Bloodcrow Stories (Podcast)

I listen to a lot of podcasts when I can, but this one was one of the first that really held my attention. It is divided into seasons, with each season being a completely different story with new characters. Season one is told through a college student doing a project by going through old cassette tapes, and he finds some strange happenings. Season two is a twist on a Western tale (and the first and only time I've cared about a Western), and the current season is a futuristic cyberpunk setting. They also all have really good queer representation.
What I really love is how the introductions at the start of each episode become their own little horror story with each passing episode. Definitely worth checking out if you like podcasts!
@daniellefaye I love this idea!!

My suggestion: The Bloodcrow Stories (Podcast)

I listen to a lot of podcasts when I can, but this one was one of the first that really held my attention. It is divided into seasons, with each season being a completely different story with new characters. Season one is told through a college student doing a project by going through old cassette tapes, and he finds some strange happenings. Season two is a twist on a Western tale (and the first and only time I've cared about a Western), and the current season is a futuristic cyberpunk setting. They also all have really good queer representation.
What I really love is how the introductions at the start of each episode become their own little horror story with each passing episode. Definitely worth checking out if you like podcasts!
@daniellefaye Heyo, I’m back again!

This time, my suggestion isn’t necessarily scary, but it does have a really intriguing and complex gothic element to it!

Castlevania (2017) is a supernatural, dark fantasy series about the descent of Count Dracula, his otherworldly witch hunt against mankind and the estranged heir to an infamous monster-hunting dynasty who’s destined to stop the belligerent bloodsucker. The show is based off of the original Castlevania games, specifically Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse. It currently has two seasons, and is expecting a third sometime soon! Not only does its morally grey atmosphere set up lots of themes around what truly defines “man” and “monster”, but the art style and animation are undeniably gorgeous. I will, however, warn you that the content in Castlevania contains vulgarity (particularly bc of the main protag and his sailor mouth) and a considerable amount of gore and violence. If you’re easily queasy, this may not be the show for you.

That being said, rewatching this series has recently put me in good spirits (pun intended) for Halloween, and if you’re a fan of classical gothic horror, then you’re in luck with this show! It’s also available on Netflix.
@daniellefaye Heyo, I’m back again!

This time, my suggestion isn’t necessarily scary, but it does have a really intriguing and complex gothic element to it!

Castlevania (2017) is a supernatural, dark fantasy series about the descent of Count Dracula, his otherworldly witch hunt against mankind and the estranged heir to an infamous monster-hunting dynasty who’s destined to stop the belligerent bloodsucker. The show is based off of the original Castlevania games, specifically Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse. It currently has two seasons, and is expecting a third sometime soon! Not only does its morally grey atmosphere set up lots of themes around what truly defines “man” and “monster”, but the art style and animation are undeniably gorgeous. I will, however, warn you that the content in Castlevania contains vulgarity (particularly bc of the main protag and his sailor mouth) and a considerable amount of gore and violence. If you’re easily queasy, this may not be the show for you.

That being said, rewatching this series has recently put me in good spirits (pun intended) for Halloween, and if you’re a fan of classical gothic horror, then you’re in luck with this show! It’s also available on Netflix.
tumblr_inline_nwugxzMDyv1t7d5o3_500.gif
@daniellefaye
(Tbh this game also scared me a lot but I don't do well with "the monster is in the room with you" types of games LMAO this was a game challenge game so they had a limited time to come up with everything, and those types usually end up so so good.)
So, here's another side scrolling horror game for you; Knock Knock.
You play as an insomniac in the middle of the woods (haunted) in a wooden lodge (also haunted) that used to be used for lab experiments! You quickly learn that something isn't quite right here--things keep getting moved or disappearing, there's strange sounds in the house, and there's something really weird out in the woods. You take it upon yourself to investigate, and come to the conclusion that you're not alone. You must find out what exactly is going on in this lodge, all the while staying alive and SANE in the night!

The gameplay is really cool in this, in that you can actually continuously build your lodge to better strategize and help yourself survive. By building certain rooms and sets of stairs or ladders, you can ensure you won't get caught in a possible dead-end (or a room without a hiding spot) in this deadly game of hide and seek~

It's on steam but honestly I'm sure a lot of these horror games will go on sale this month.
@daniellefaye
(Tbh this game also scared me a lot but I don't do well with "the monster is in the room with you" types of games LMAO this was a game challenge game so they had a limited time to come up with everything, and those types usually end up so so good.)
So, here's another side scrolling horror game for you; Knock Knock.
You play as an insomniac in the middle of the woods (haunted) in a wooden lodge (also haunted) that used to be used for lab experiments! You quickly learn that something isn't quite right here--things keep getting moved or disappearing, there's strange sounds in the house, and there's something really weird out in the woods. You take it upon yourself to investigate, and come to the conclusion that you're not alone. You must find out what exactly is going on in this lodge, all the while staying alive and SANE in the night!

The gameplay is really cool in this, in that you can actually continuously build your lodge to better strategize and help yourself survive. By building certain rooms and sets of stairs or ladders, you can ensure you won't get caught in a possible dead-end (or a room without a hiding spot) in this deadly game of hide and seek~

It's on steam but honestly I'm sure a lot of these horror games will go on sale this month.
E9E8F185-9CF8-4F34-AA43-E225D87767C5.png FR+0 / Fluid
Art shop
Adoptables shop
LF dergs thread
I'm up a few more hours.
I'm up a few more hours.
Good morning! I'm gonna break from my "play this game" today and suggest the inactive but fascinating Jadusable ARG. Most people know about this ARG in some form, because the creepy story BEN Drowned is the hook for it, but the actual ARG itself is interesting as well! It's currently on indefinite hiatus, but the story that's been set up before then was interesting. Here's a link to the wiki I use when I feel like looking into it again, although fair warning there are quite dark themes, including cults.
Good morning! I'm gonna break from my "play this game" today and suggest the inactive but fascinating Jadusable ARG. Most people know about this ARG in some form, because the creepy story BEN Drowned is the hook for it, but the actual ARG itself is interesting as well! It's currently on indefinite hiatus, but the story that's been set up before then was interesting. Here's a link to the wiki I use when I feel like looking into it again, although fair warning there are quite dark themes, including cults.
You're going to be amazing.
You can do this. It's just within your reach. Just breathe.
The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go.

GujRVNB.gif
[quote name="Asphoxia" date="2019-10-04 09:25:48" ] http://www.vgperson.com/games/ib.htm I REALLY love atmospheric horror, and while its not as scary as some other games out there, Ib’s my favorite in that regard. It’s a pretty short game with 7 endings, so even if it ends up not being scary enough for you it won’t take up too much time. Plus, you can get it for free! [/quote] @Asphoxia [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16898577] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/168986/16898577_350.png[/img] [/url] oh [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16806210] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/168063/16806210_350.png[/img] [/url] excuse me just [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16859009] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/168591/16859009_350.png[/img] [/url] dropping fandragons everywhere what on earth am I doing~ NOTE: Links lead to games that include some fairly intense gore, and also cusses. Hatchlings, be responsible and ask your parents. It's nothing worse than what you'd see watching Markiplier sssso I figure that's in all fairness, just don't point to me if you get nightmares or vocabulary lessons 8V If you don't feel like sitting down and playing it, I first experienced Ib through a [url=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC46A92C35A2FA322]Let's Play by Cryaotic[/url], who is one of the few Youtubers I believe does due justice to horror games as a first-time experience--he respects the tone, joking softly when there's atmospheric room for it and getting thoroughly involved and quiet when something spoopy happens. Ib in particular is a fun ride with him because he doesn't get the best ending, which means there's plenty of secrets to be found if you play yourself! He also did [url=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfGAk-5iRAeA6M37pnVzl4yxt6wFNLid9]The Witch's House[/url], mentioned upthread, and I have to plus-one the endorsement for it! The developer offers the original game for free [url=http://www.vgperson.com/games/witchhouse.htm]here[/url], and the remaster is available on Steam if it tickles your fancy. For today's rec, since I'm on a Cry kick, [url=https://youtu.be/yySA14IOfRY]Clock Tower 3[/url] is one of the most fun games to watch and least fun games to play in my horror library--it's not terrible, mind, just the mechanics are.......it was like 2004, mistakes were made. The last boss is a brick wall of "oh come ON". But with a friendly [s]unknowing patsy[/s] fellow horror lover at the irritation wheel, the game REALLY shines! The first Clock Tower was groundbreaking but a bit of a slog, Clock Tower 2 was...abysmal by all accounts, but Clock Tower 3 takes the idea of the first game and *nails* it. The story focuses around Alyssa, a girl at an English boarding school. It opens with her getting a call from her mother to NOT, under ANY circumstances, return home for her 16th birthday. Being 15 and 364/365ths, she rushes home immediately. Once there, she meets a few ghosts, a strange man, and...goes through a door to England in the not too distant past? Is that a ghost girl playing the piano? OH DEAR LORD DOES THAT MAN HAVE A HAMMER? [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/clocktower/images/c/c0/AlyssaSprints.gif[/img] Clock Tower 3 isn't about fighting the hordes of the night. Each area has one murderer/monster, and they will stalk Alyssa through it--there are single-use attacks to get out of trouble, and hiding spaces that can be used indefinitely, but there is no security given until the various puzzle pieces of the story are put together and Alyssa is able to tap into her magical girl roots and hold a showdown with whoever's been taking swings/stabs/multiple stabs at her in a big glorious boss battle. It creates a very real sense of tension, and makes hiding in a bathroom crawlspace feel cool. The game goes some very dark places, but it always leavens them with a surprising amount of hope. It's a rare piece of 00s horror gaming that embraces the best of what humans can do as well as the worst of it, and as bizarre as it sounds, I find the end of each level deeply touching and inspiring. Also there's a fishtank in it. Like with a fish. I don't know I snapped into review mode I'm so sorry please enjoy ;sldafk
Asphoxia wrote on 2019-10-04 09:25:48:
http://www.vgperson.com/games/ib.htm

I REALLY love atmospheric horror, and while its not as scary as some other games out there, Ib’s my favorite in that regard. It’s a pretty short game with 7 endings, so even if it ends up not being scary enough for you it won’t take up too much time. Plus, you can get it for free!

@Asphoxia

16898577_350.png

oh

16806210_350.png

excuse me just

16859009_350.png

dropping fandragons everywhere what on earth am I doing~

NOTE: Links lead to games that include some fairly intense gore, and also cusses. Hatchlings, be responsible and ask your parents. It's nothing worse than what you'd see watching Markiplier sssso I figure that's in all fairness, just don't point to me if you get nightmares or vocabulary lessons 8V

If you don't feel like sitting down and playing it, I first experienced Ib through a Let's Play by Cryaotic, who is one of the few Youtubers I believe does due justice to horror games as a first-time experience--he respects the tone, joking softly when there's atmospheric room for it and getting thoroughly involved and quiet when something spoopy happens. Ib in particular is a fun ride with him because he doesn't get the best ending, which means there's plenty of secrets to be found if you play yourself!

He also did The Witch's House, mentioned upthread, and I have to plus-one the endorsement for it! The developer offers the original game for free here, and the remaster is available on Steam if it tickles your fancy.

For today's rec, since I'm on a Cry kick, Clock Tower 3 is one of the most fun games to watch and least fun games to play in my horror library--it's not terrible, mind, just the mechanics are.......it was like 2004, mistakes were made. The last boss is a brick wall of "oh come ON".

But with a friendly unknowing patsy fellow horror lover at the irritation wheel, the game REALLY shines! The first Clock Tower was groundbreaking but a bit of a slog, Clock Tower 2 was...abysmal by all accounts, but Clock Tower 3 takes the idea of the first game and *nails* it.

The story focuses around Alyssa, a girl at an English boarding school. It opens with her getting a call from her mother to NOT, under ANY circumstances, return home for her 16th birthday. Being 15 and 364/365ths, she rushes home immediately. Once there, she meets a few ghosts, a strange man, and...goes through a door to England in the not too distant past? Is that a ghost girl playing the piano? OH DEAR LORD DOES THAT MAN HAVE A HAMMER?

AlyssaSprints.gif

Clock Tower 3 isn't about fighting the hordes of the night. Each area has one murderer/monster, and they will stalk Alyssa through it--there are single-use attacks to get out of trouble, and hiding spaces that can be used indefinitely, but there is no security given until the various puzzle pieces of the story are put together and Alyssa is able to tap into her magical girl roots and hold a showdown with whoever's been taking swings/stabs/multiple stabs at her in a big glorious boss battle. It creates a very real sense of tension, and makes hiding in a bathroom crawlspace feel cool.

The game goes some very dark places, but it always leavens them with a surprising amount of hope. It's a rare piece of 00s horror gaming that embraces the best of what humans can do as well as the worst of it, and as bizarre as it sounds, I find the end of each level deeply touching and inspiring.

Also there's a fishtank in it.

Like with a fish.

I don't know I snapped into review mode I'm so sorry please enjoy ;sldafk
frog_duck.pngducky3.png
Lot of good stuff coming in, you all are amazing!
Lot of good stuff coming in, you all are amazing!
@daniellefaye
Good morning!! I'm bringing you a particularly classic pixel horror game called IMSCARED.

The game has pixel gore, it's in first person and it's a puzzle adventure game. If you can help it, don't look up anything about this game as it's best to experience it completely blind. There is a chance that your anti-virus might think the game is a virus, but I promise you it is not. The nature of the game itself is akin to an ARG (alternate reality game) so try not to be alarmed lmao I apologize that I cannot tell you more...Ivan Zanotti has many other games and all the ones I've tried are extra good.

Here's the free download but if at any time you feel like supporting the creator, you can also buy it on steam for 4$ lol.
@daniellefaye
Good morning!! I'm bringing you a particularly classic pixel horror game called IMSCARED.

The game has pixel gore, it's in first person and it's a puzzle adventure game. If you can help it, don't look up anything about this game as it's best to experience it completely blind. There is a chance that your anti-virus might think the game is a virus, but I promise you it is not. The nature of the game itself is akin to an ARG (alternate reality game) so try not to be alarmed lmao I apologize that I cannot tell you more...Ivan Zanotti has many other games and all the ones I've tried are extra good.

Here's the free download but if at any time you feel like supporting the creator, you can also buy it on steam for 4$ lol.
E9E8F185-9CF8-4F34-AA43-E225D87767C5.png FR+0 / Fluid
Art shop
Adoptables shop
LF dergs thread
I recommend the book The Red Tree by Caitlin R. Kiernan. It's available in Amazon.
The summary is kinda silly, so you are going to have to trust me that it was one of the best horror stories I have ever read. It tells the story of a near bankrupt author that moves in a country house to write her next novel, and to get away from the traumatic memory of her girlfriend's suicide. But in the terrain there is a tree. Or rather a lovecraftian-like ancient entity that looks like a tree. Or maybe not. The story is told from a first person perspective and the character herself says she's unreliable, thanks to a combination of alcohol and mental illness. Is less of a boo-and-scream, more like watching the progression of an unraveling.
This book is not going to make you lose sleep, but it's so remarkably well written you can't put it down. In fact, I'm going to reread it again right now.
I recommend the book The Red Tree by Caitlin R. Kiernan. It's available in Amazon.
The summary is kinda silly, so you are going to have to trust me that it was one of the best horror stories I have ever read. It tells the story of a near bankrupt author that moves in a country house to write her next novel, and to get away from the traumatic memory of her girlfriend's suicide. But in the terrain there is a tree. Or rather a lovecraftian-like ancient entity that looks like a tree. Or maybe not. The story is told from a first person perspective and the character herself says she's unreliable, thanks to a combination of alcohol and mental illness. Is less of a boo-and-scream, more like watching the progression of an unraveling.
This book is not going to make you lose sleep, but it's so remarkably well written you can't put it down. In fact, I'm going to reread it again right now.
pCxMRnd.gif 9INKMbn.png Plentiful-Meat.png VEvBB7l.pngKp99Tes.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14