Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [RAFFLE/GIVEAWAY] Scary Story Share
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
The possession of David O’Reilly (2010) as a horror fanatic, still stands as one of the ONLY horror movies to this day that actually terrified me. Be warned that it does have its shakycam moments (no where near as bad as quarantine or the Blair witch project but still) it paints a picture of one guy in a group of friends who is being harassed by spirits and entities that no one else can see, and takes it upon himself (however unstable he is about it all) to not only survive but keep his friends safe. It’s one of those movies (kinda like m night shamalan) where there’s totally some underlying huge plot that isn’t explained but there’s SO MUCH depth that you are fooled into thinking these are real people in a real situation with real problems. The cg in this movie was so good it was unreal, like I promise you won’t be disappointed! The actors again, so believable. It also does a great job at making you feel completely uncomfortable in your own home!

I spent an entire (I mean day in and day out) summer with my partner finding and watching obscure horror movies, so I might be back!! Back when we watched it it was on Netflix, but you can rent it on other media right now including YouTube. (Though I’m not saying to rent it, that’s lame. Even though we did not too long ago...so worth it.)
The possession of David O’Reilly (2010) as a horror fanatic, still stands as one of the ONLY horror movies to this day that actually terrified me. Be warned that it does have its shakycam moments (no where near as bad as quarantine or the Blair witch project but still) it paints a picture of one guy in a group of friends who is being harassed by spirits and entities that no one else can see, and takes it upon himself (however unstable he is about it all) to not only survive but keep his friends safe. It’s one of those movies (kinda like m night shamalan) where there’s totally some underlying huge plot that isn’t explained but there’s SO MUCH depth that you are fooled into thinking these are real people in a real situation with real problems. The cg in this movie was so good it was unreal, like I promise you won’t be disappointed! The actors again, so believable. It also does a great job at making you feel completely uncomfortable in your own home!

I spent an entire (I mean day in and day out) summer with my partner finding and watching obscure horror movies, so I might be back!! Back when we watched it it was on Netflix, but you can rent it on other media right now including YouTube. (Though I’m not saying to rent it, that’s lame. Even though we did not too long ago...so worth it.)
E9E8F185-9CF8-4F34-AA43-E225D87767C5.png FR+0 / Fluid
Art shop
Adoptables shop
LF dergs thread
These are great entries! Keep them coming :)
These are great entries! Keep them coming :)
If you like some good sci-fi + body horror, The Thing is really good!
Don't count this as two suggestions, seeing as they're titled the same thing - pun intended - and they technically go out of order with release dates.

You first want to watch the 2011 version first, seeing it is the prequel for the actual origins of the first movie.

But after you watch the prequel, watch the original 1982 version to finish it up!

I will tell you though, the monster does eat a dog in the 2011 version, though it is off screen, but that's just a head's up incase you don't want to see that sort of thing implied.

Anyways, trust me I will be back with more horror movie suggestions - I'm a raging horror buff.
If you like some good sci-fi + body horror, The Thing is really good!
Don't count this as two suggestions, seeing as they're titled the same thing - pun intended - and they technically go out of order with release dates.

You first want to watch the 2011 version first, seeing it is the prequel for the actual origins of the first movie.

But after you watch the prequel, watch the original 1982 version to finish it up!

I will tell you though, the monster does eat a dog in the 2011 version, though it is off screen, but that's just a head's up incase you don't want to see that sort of thing implied.

Anyways, trust me I will be back with more horror movie suggestions - I'm a raging horror buff.
Tj9jm0X.png bwFw21K.png uJgX9G9.png 4ogWlJU.png
ELWEhez.png
yUgY90m.png
xp0Pzju.png
bhlBVAO.png
ymF86gg.png
@daniellefaye Subscribed! I hope I can bring you the spoops all month long o7 What lovely dregs, all three of them <3 Whoever buys that sloimy son will be a lucky one indeed. Do you have content guidelines? I'm assuming standard ToS, but that's a bit blurry on body horror/gore/etc., and if you have any triggers I certainly don't want to hit them! Here's a yarn'a mine from last year in the meantime, I hope you enjoy~ [quote][b]We’re Buying a Humidifier[/b] My sister and I have been living together for six-odd years, and the last house we rented was a fascinating nest of renovation nightmares. My bedroom had an ancient pulley window with a broken rope, so that I could only open it by yanking on the side furthest from my bed. After countless incidents of the toilet clogging for no apparent reason, a plumber informed us the mechanisms had been installed backwards. A set of unhappy pipes made thumping noises that shook the whole house. The washer leaked every single time it was used, drowning the slugs that made their way into the laundry room. The shower was a claustrophobic stall in the frigid basement. Most of all, it was damp. Even with a dehumidifier running 24/7, black mold was rampant, and as soon as we closed the windows in the fall, my asthma and our allergies turned the house into a miserable coughing, wheezing, sneezing chorus. Thankfully, this year we had the chance to move, and the little townhouse we share now is a comparative nirvana. My window faces the forest instead of a wall, none of the appliances could be described as “quaint”, and the only time my lungs close up is when I wake up with a cat on my face. There are some eccentricities, but they’re blameless, even kind of fun–having a close look around shows the evidence of the tenants that came before us. There’s a place on the wall where the crayon hasn’t quite been painted over, a couple of very faded Garfield & Friends stickers in my closet, and by the cats’ behavior, the fireplace used to be the favored spot of a family dog to either sleep or thwart attempts at housebreaking. There are a few problems, of course. There always are. The stairs are a pain, the fridge is from another era, and, paradoxically to That Old House (formerly known as This Old House, usually with a choice epithet or two added), it’s too dry. After a few itchy nights, my sister started boiling stove potpourri, and suggested we shower with the door open to circulate the steam. I agreed, especially since my room is next to the bathroom so I get the lion’s share of the benefits from the impromptu humidifier. My dry skin mellowed out, the cats stopped scratching, and we kept up the habit. It’s gotten colder the past few days, and yesterday, to my surprise and amusement, I went from a hot shower to my room to change, and found that more “history” had been revealed. Do you remember blowing on glass and writing in the fog as a kid? The oil from your fingertips never really goes away. I’m sure that if it hasn’t been junked by now, whoever bought the car I rode in during my childhood sees my little drawings in the back seat windows every time they start it on a cold day–smiley faces, stick figures, an entire forest of Christmas trees from one holiday excursion. My window had apparently been holding its own set of hidden messages. It confirmed my assumption that my room had belonged to a kid once–the requisite smiley faces were there, along with squishy smiling cats, flowers, and a heart with initials I’ll never know the names of. It was like finding a time capsule, small and earnest and important in the way only children can make things important. I took pictures and sent them to my sister and her girlfriend as a little piece of home while they’re spending the weekend in Portland. They sent back a clandestine message of emojis that either indicated they thought it was as cute as I did or that they had located and possibly eaten a unicorn. I showered again today, and walked back into my room, and I texted my sister again. She promised she’ll pick up a humidifier, and we agreed not to leave the door open anymore. No matter how hard you look at the first set of pictures I sent, you won’t see the words “MOMMY LET ME OUT” drawn with first-grade precision on the inside of the glass, and despite how thoroughly I cleaned the window, I know the markings never really go away.[/quote]
@daniellefaye

Subscribed! I hope I can bring you the spoops all month long o7 What lovely dregs, all three of them <3 Whoever buys that sloimy son will be a lucky one indeed.

Do you have content guidelines? I'm assuming standard ToS, but that's a bit blurry on body horror/gore/etc., and if you have any triggers I certainly don't want to hit them!

Here's a yarn'a mine from last year in the meantime, I hope you enjoy~
Quote:
We’re Buying a Humidifier

My sister and I have been living together for six-odd years, and the last house we rented was a fascinating nest of renovation nightmares. My bedroom had an ancient pulley window with a broken rope, so that I could only open it by yanking on the side furthest from my bed. After countless incidents of the toilet clogging for no apparent reason, a plumber informed us the mechanisms had been installed backwards. A set of unhappy pipes made thumping noises that shook the whole house. The washer leaked every single time it was used, drowning the slugs that made their way into the laundry room. The shower was a claustrophobic stall in the frigid basement. Most of all, it was damp. Even with a dehumidifier running 24/7, black mold was rampant, and as soon as we closed the windows in the fall, my asthma and our allergies turned the house into a miserable coughing, wheezing, sneezing chorus.

Thankfully, this year we had the chance to move, and the little townhouse we share now is a comparative nirvana. My window faces the forest instead of a wall, none of the appliances could be described as “quaint”, and the only time my lungs close up is when I wake up with a cat on my face. There are some eccentricities, but they’re blameless, even kind of fun–having a close look around shows the evidence of the tenants that came before us. There’s a place on the wall where the crayon hasn’t quite been painted over, a couple of very faded Garfield & Friends stickers in my closet, and by the cats’ behavior, the fireplace used to be the favored spot of a family dog to either sleep or thwart attempts at housebreaking.

There are a few problems, of course. There always are. The stairs are a pain, the fridge is from another era, and, paradoxically to That Old House (formerly known as This Old House, usually with a choice epithet or two added), it’s too dry. After a few itchy nights, my sister started boiling stove potpourri, and suggested we shower with the door open to circulate the steam. I agreed, especially since my room is next to the bathroom so I get the lion’s share of the benefits from the impromptu humidifier. My dry skin mellowed out, the cats stopped scratching, and we kept up the habit.

It’s gotten colder the past few days, and yesterday, to my surprise and amusement, I went from a hot shower to my room to change, and found that more “history” had been revealed. Do you remember blowing on glass and writing in the fog as a kid? The oil from your fingertips never really goes away. I’m sure that if it hasn’t been junked by now, whoever bought the car I rode in during my childhood sees my little drawings in the back seat windows every time they start it on a cold day–smiley faces, stick figures, an entire forest of Christmas trees from one holiday excursion. My window had apparently been holding its own set of hidden messages. It confirmed my assumption that my room had belonged to a kid once–the requisite smiley faces were there, along with squishy smiling cats, flowers, and a heart with initials I’ll never know the names of. It was like finding a time capsule, small and earnest and important in the way only children can make things important. I took pictures and sent them to my sister and her girlfriend as a little piece of home while they’re spending the weekend in Portland. They sent back a clandestine message of emojis that either indicated they thought it was as cute as I did or that they had located and possibly eaten a unicorn.

I showered again today, and walked back into my room, and I texted my sister again. She promised she’ll pick up a humidifier, and we agreed not to leave the door open anymore.

No matter how hard you look at the first set of pictures I sent, you won’t see the words “MOMMY LET ME OUT” drawn with first-grade precision on the inside of the glass, and despite how thoroughly I cleaned the window, I know the markings never really go away.
frog_duck.pngducky3.png
If you're into podcasts, I highly recommend Aaron Mahnke's Lore podcast. It has way too many good episodes to list just one, and I honestly only disliked a few of them. Each episode he highlights lore about a specific place or topic, and his vibe is totally dark and spooky. It's great for listening to anytime, but quite scary when listening alone in the dark. The later in the podcast series you go, the further-out his content gets.

Also, if you like graphic novels I suggest wytches by Scott Snyder. It's relatively new and features lots of great art! It doesn't really follow the stereotypical idea of witches, but portrays them as something much older and darker then the witches we know of today. It's quite gory and good, highly recommend!
If you're into podcasts, I highly recommend Aaron Mahnke's Lore podcast. It has way too many good episodes to list just one, and I honestly only disliked a few of them. Each episode he highlights lore about a specific place or topic, and his vibe is totally dark and spooky. It's great for listening to anytime, but quite scary when listening alone in the dark. The later in the podcast series you go, the further-out his content gets.

Also, if you like graphic novels I suggest wytches by Scott Snyder. It's relatively new and features lots of great art! It doesn't really follow the stereotypical idea of witches, but portrays them as something much older and darker then the witches we know of today. It's quite gory and good, highly recommend!
kiKtBfq.png
I'm still up for a couple hours! Give me nightmares!
I'm still up for a couple hours! Give me nightmares!
Morning bump. I'm gonna go ahead and share an unsettling story I wrote a few years back. Wrote in in a whim in an hour or two and so it's pretty unpolished when I go read it again.

Beautiful : A Mermaid Story
Morning bump. I'm gonna go ahead and share an unsettling story I wrote a few years back. Wrote in in a whim in an hour or two and so it's pretty unpolished when I go read it again.

Beautiful : A Mermaid Story
@daniellefaye My recommendation is Monster House (2006).

It's an animated movie about a house that comes to life and terrorizes a scrappy band of halloween-crazed kids. It's not specifically terrifying per-say, but it's got some great scary moments, and a really weird twist that can be unsettling! I definitely recommend the movie :) You can find the movie on Netflix or purchase it for cheap ($3.99 on youtube)!
@daniellefaye My recommendation is Monster House (2006).

It's an animated movie about a house that comes to life and terrorizes a scrappy band of halloween-crazed kids. It's not specifically terrifying per-say, but it's got some great scary moments, and a really weird twist that can be unsettling! I definitely recommend the movie :) You can find the movie on Netflix or purchase it for cheap ($3.99 on youtube)!
tDeKDnH.png awLHn.gif the mountains are calling and I must go...
Help me drown out my normal nightmares with implanted nightmares so I at least know where they're coming from ~[emoji=familiar heart size=1]~
Help me drown out my normal nightmares with implanted nightmares so I at least know where they're coming from ~~
@daniellefaye Are self written stories acceptable? I wrote this years ago in college for a writing contest and took first place! It's simple and short, but I really wanted to go with a classical, man-eating siren for the monster. I also have artwork at the bottom that was drawn for me by one of the art students. I hope you enjoy it and it gives you a shiver! Here it is.
@daniellefaye Are self written stories acceptable? I wrote this years ago in college for a writing contest and took first place! It's simple and short, but I really wanted to go with a classical, man-eating siren for the monster. I also have artwork at the bottom that was drawn for me by one of the art students. I hope you enjoy it and it gives you a shiver! Here it is.
SVwovDT.png

yWUkzsg.pnglJQFrFF.pngUJGPEbE.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14