Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [RAFFLE/GIVEAWAY] Scary Story Share
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Another suggestion that veers off course from visual media; a band:

American Murder Song

The two storytellers and bards of this group go by Mister Storm and Mister Tender. They made a pact with the biblical figure of Cain to tell the all-too-true stories of the darkest parts of early American history: The stories of the murderers, who Mister Storm and Mister Tender will say bear the Mark of Cain. They often perform in period appropriate dress when doing live performances. They themselves say that their music is more like "dark poetry based in history," rather than horror, but their music is certainly worth checking out.

Their first album, broken into four short sets of songs, is set in 1816. It's appropriately named The Year Without a Summer, as climate change cause cold weather and crop failures.
Songs from this album that are my personal favorites include :

"Pretty Lavinia" from II. Providence
Lavinia Fischer, allegedly the first female serial killer, and owner of an inn where she would poison travelers before robbing them.

"Lullaby" from I. Dawn
As the title suggests, this song is a slow, gentle, and very sad, lullaby. It is told as if a father is singing to a child; singing about the somber journey to the American west. As food and water grew scarce, many did not complete the journey.
The second album is titled The Donner Party. Not quite a dinner party, but a group of pioneers making their way west once more, though these events take place years later in 1846. As they were heading westward during the winter, they found themselves lost in the mountains of Nevada with not nearly enough to eat. Only seven out of the original 19 members of the Donner Party survived the journey... just don't ask what they ate.
This album is very short, but the two songs that stand out most to me are:

"The Five Sisters"
Hear the story of the travelers as told by the only five women in the group, and the majority of whom survived the trip.

"The Wind Weeps Eleanor"
Eleanor Eddy was the wife of William Eddy. Eleanor stayed behind to care for children as William traveled as part of the Donner Party. William was one of the few survivors of the group, rescued by a search party. He returned to the camp, which had found its own supplies depleted, hopeful to see his wife and children once more, unaware of their tragic fate.
The third album, The Killing Place, includes covers of popular songs and few originals, as well as a new take of a song of their first album:

"Edward"
The version of this song on this album really steps it up. This song is based off of traditional ballads of a young boy coming home to his mother covered in blood, claiming that it belongs to various animals. In fact, it is the blood of his own brother. The original take is still great, but the new version has a child sing the part of Edward, which drives home the fact that it was a child who was the killer.
Another suggestion that veers off course from visual media; a band:

American Murder Song

The two storytellers and bards of this group go by Mister Storm and Mister Tender. They made a pact with the biblical figure of Cain to tell the all-too-true stories of the darkest parts of early American history: The stories of the murderers, who Mister Storm and Mister Tender will say bear the Mark of Cain. They often perform in period appropriate dress when doing live performances. They themselves say that their music is more like "dark poetry based in history," rather than horror, but their music is certainly worth checking out.

Their first album, broken into four short sets of songs, is set in 1816. It's appropriately named The Year Without a Summer, as climate change cause cold weather and crop failures.
Songs from this album that are my personal favorites include :

"Pretty Lavinia" from II. Providence
Lavinia Fischer, allegedly the first female serial killer, and owner of an inn where she would poison travelers before robbing them.

"Lullaby" from I. Dawn
As the title suggests, this song is a slow, gentle, and very sad, lullaby. It is told as if a father is singing to a child; singing about the somber journey to the American west. As food and water grew scarce, many did not complete the journey.
The second album is titled The Donner Party. Not quite a dinner party, but a group of pioneers making their way west once more, though these events take place years later in 1846. As they were heading westward during the winter, they found themselves lost in the mountains of Nevada with not nearly enough to eat. Only seven out of the original 19 members of the Donner Party survived the journey... just don't ask what they ate.
This album is very short, but the two songs that stand out most to me are:

"The Five Sisters"
Hear the story of the travelers as told by the only five women in the group, and the majority of whom survived the trip.

"The Wind Weeps Eleanor"
Eleanor Eddy was the wife of William Eddy. Eleanor stayed behind to care for children as William traveled as part of the Donner Party. William was one of the few survivors of the group, rescued by a search party. He returned to the camp, which had found its own supplies depleted, hopeful to see his wife and children once more, unaware of their tragic fate.
The third album, The Killing Place, includes covers of popular songs and few originals, as well as a new take of a song of their first album:

"Edward"
The version of this song on this album really steps it up. This song is based off of traditional ballads of a young boy coming home to his mother covered in blood, claiming that it belongs to various animals. In fact, it is the blood of his own brother. The original take is still great, but the new version has a child sing the part of Edward, which drives home the fact that it was a child who was the killer.
Quarantine (2008)
R | 1h 29min | Horror, Thriller | 10 October 2008 (USA)

A television reporter and her cameraman are trapped inside a building quarantined by the CDC, after the outbreak of a mysterious virus which turns humans into bloodthirsty killers.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1082868/

Notice:I love horror movies,I'm 29 [going on 30 this year] and I still can't watch this movie all the way through.
It just hits me in all the wrong ways and has been the only movie besides the Exorcist that I just can't watch.
There are jumpscares,and from what I remember gore/violence/etc--So please take heed in watching the trailer/the movie itself.
Quarantine (2008)
R | 1h 29min | Horror, Thriller | 10 October 2008 (USA)

A television reporter and her cameraman are trapped inside a building quarantined by the CDC, after the outbreak of a mysterious virus which turns humans into bloodthirsty killers.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1082868/

Notice:I love horror movies,I'm 29 [going on 30 this year] and I still can't watch this movie all the way through.
It just hits me in all the wrong ways and has been the only movie besides the Exorcist that I just can't watch.
There are jumpscares,and from what I remember gore/violence/etc--So please take heed in watching the trailer/the movie itself.
By your side,forevermore.
@smolrogue Are you suggesting the whole band?

(If someone wants to just suggest a song or album you don't have to suggest a whole band at the same time.)
@smolrogue Are you suggesting the whole band?

(If someone wants to just suggest a song or album you don't have to suggest a whole band at the same time.)
If that's alright ^^;
If that's alright ^^;
Today I'll recommend a horror game I tend to play once a year lol. It's called Home.
It's on steam for 2.99 it's a really good game to go blind on. But I'll still write about it, because it's a really great side scroller in a sort of "choose your own adventure" but more like just choose your ending. (but in smaller text if you wanna skip)

You go through this game with the uncanny assumption that something is following your every move, and anxiety starts to take over as you think that if you linger in an area too long that something or someone is going to grab you. Well, in Home, that might not be the case, but it sure does feel like it. You run in to a lot of places that seem like you should just gun it and go--for christs sake your wife is missing/dead and the same thing that is responsible for it could be in the same room as you! So it seems best to just go with your gut on this one, maybe grab a weapon if you find one. Who knows what could happen?

What I like most about this game is that it's been years and I've played it so many times and still I haven't gotten all the endings/achievements!! The game isn't particularly long--after going through it initially you could probably beat it in about an hour. But the pixels are so nice and the plot itself is chilling and emotional.
Today I'll recommend a horror game I tend to play once a year lol. It's called Home.
It's on steam for 2.99 it's a really good game to go blind on. But I'll still write about it, because it's a really great side scroller in a sort of "choose your own adventure" but more like just choose your ending. (but in smaller text if you wanna skip)

You go through this game with the uncanny assumption that something is following your every move, and anxiety starts to take over as you think that if you linger in an area too long that something or someone is going to grab you. Well, in Home, that might not be the case, but it sure does feel like it. You run in to a lot of places that seem like you should just gun it and go--for christs sake your wife is missing/dead and the same thing that is responsible for it could be in the same room as you! So it seems best to just go with your gut on this one, maybe grab a weapon if you find one. Who knows what could happen?

What I like most about this game is that it's been years and I've played it so many times and still I haven't gotten all the endings/achievements!! The game isn't particularly long--after going through it initially you could probably beat it in about an hour. But the pixels are so nice and the plot itself is chilling and emotional.
E9E8F185-9CF8-4F34-AA43-E225D87767C5.png FR+0 / Fluid
Art shop
Adoptables shop
LF dergs thread
I got music recommendation! I don't know if you have heard of them, but Nox Arcana is an awesome! It's an American neoclassical duo (Joseph Vargo and William Piotrowski) that specializes in dark ambient music. A lot (not all) of their music has spooky vibes to it, and I love listening to them, especially around Halloween!

Here's an example song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRCXrsYSxgk
I got music recommendation! I don't know if you have heard of them, but Nox Arcana is an awesome! It's an American neoclassical duo (Joseph Vargo and William Piotrowski) that specializes in dark ambient music. A lot (not all) of their music has spooky vibes to it, and I love listening to them, especially around Halloween!

Here's an example song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRCXrsYSxgk
A geometric teardrop shaped glass terrarium houses a small replica of the Daylight Sanctum. It's surrounded by autumnal pine trees and sparkles. xx AYRMELTwo small, overlapping brown leaves.
"And the universe said I love you, because you are love."
She/They, FR+0, chronically tired
xx Free Dragons here!
More Free Dragons!
Exalt Rescue Guide
Dragon Sales Thread
Item Wishlist
Fodderlocke
I'm so sleepy today lol...ahh I'm gonna go with OFF today!! It's a french rpg maker game and it's also kind of old, but it got really popular like 5 years after it was released. It follows the story of one named Batter (that's you! you look like you play baseball) and your Holy journey to Rid the world of Sin (or something like that) and the Judge (a cat) also helps you, but he's kind of looking for his brother. Which isn't you, so kindly f off. (joke) There's a shopkeeper named Zacharie and he's a frog but also a cat?? (hes wearing a mask he's really a human don't be alarmed) And some other Choice characters who I won't introduce, but the citizens are called Elsen and if they get stressed their heads explode and it wasn't intentional, but they ended up acting as sugar when getting too hot or something?? and The Elsen are essentially made out of sugar?? Anyway, I've painted a terribly cheery picture haven't I LOL

I'd definitely say this game leaves you feeling uneasy and while it may be the minimal colors it uses or the overarching plot of your holy mission and "what really matters" BUT it's good, very good. Kinda short, you could probably beat it in about a day if you really sat down with it! Also this game's composer single handedly made Swing music my favorite genre of music, so I can highly praise that lol

Here's the official site and as the bottom states, "Fichiers" is the download tab. (And for ease of access, you'll only need to download "OFF english" and whether you have a mac or windows. The rest are just extras or other languages!)
I'm so sleepy today lol...ahh I'm gonna go with OFF today!! It's a french rpg maker game and it's also kind of old, but it got really popular like 5 years after it was released. It follows the story of one named Batter (that's you! you look like you play baseball) and your Holy journey to Rid the world of Sin (or something like that) and the Judge (a cat) also helps you, but he's kind of looking for his brother. Which isn't you, so kindly f off. (joke) There's a shopkeeper named Zacharie and he's a frog but also a cat?? (hes wearing a mask he's really a human don't be alarmed) And some other Choice characters who I won't introduce, but the citizens are called Elsen and if they get stressed their heads explode and it wasn't intentional, but they ended up acting as sugar when getting too hot or something?? and The Elsen are essentially made out of sugar?? Anyway, I've painted a terribly cheery picture haven't I LOL

I'd definitely say this game leaves you feeling uneasy and while it may be the minimal colors it uses or the overarching plot of your holy mission and "what really matters" BUT it's good, very good. Kinda short, you could probably beat it in about a day if you really sat down with it! Also this game's composer single handedly made Swing music my favorite genre of music, so I can highly praise that lol

Here's the official site and as the bottom states, "Fichiers" is the download tab. (And for ease of access, you'll only need to download "OFF english" and whether you have a mac or windows. The rest are just extras or other languages!)
Art shop
Adoptables shop
LF dergs thread
I'll recommend a game called Lobotomy Corporation, you can find it on Steam. It's not really scary, but it does have a horror theme.
The L.C. has the purpose of providing a clean, cheap and reliable energy source for the population. And apparently extra dimensional creatures, objects and anomalies can produce quite a lot. So, as the new Overseer, your job is to command your employees to study these abnormalities to find out the best way to deal with them to harness the energy (and to avoid enraging them as well), hiring and leveling up your ramdomly generated employees (why was Mark dragged to the ceiling and devored by thousands of spiders? Well, it looks like he only has one level of Caution, and stepped on some eggs), and how to recapture them when they eventually escape. And to fight off the extra dimensional attacks, of course. Every level you select a new abnormality to harvest out of three options, but you only get a number and a vague description until you study it. Imagine someone trying to monetize the SCP Foundation and you'll get pretty close.
The best part is that when you die you keep the record of the abnormalities you managed to unlock, so eventually you'll get to select manageable abnormalities to progress the game (the skull in the cross is your best friend <3). The cutesy aesthetic is a little... weird for the theme, but it does have an in game explanation.
I'll recommend a game called Lobotomy Corporation, you can find it on Steam. It's not really scary, but it does have a horror theme.
The L.C. has the purpose of providing a clean, cheap and reliable energy source for the population. And apparently extra dimensional creatures, objects and anomalies can produce quite a lot. So, as the new Overseer, your job is to command your employees to study these abnormalities to find out the best way to deal with them to harness the energy (and to avoid enraging them as well), hiring and leveling up your ramdomly generated employees (why was Mark dragged to the ceiling and devored by thousands of spiders? Well, it looks like he only has one level of Caution, and stepped on some eggs), and how to recapture them when they eventually escape. And to fight off the extra dimensional attacks, of course. Every level you select a new abnormality to harvest out of three options, but you only get a number and a vague description until you study it. Imagine someone trying to monetize the SCP Foundation and you'll get pretty close.
The best part is that when you die you keep the record of the abnormalities you managed to unlock, so eventually you'll get to select manageable abnormalities to progress the game (the skull in the cross is your best friend <3). The cutesy aesthetic is a little... weird for the theme, but it does have an in game explanation.
pCxMRnd.gif 9INKMbn.png Plentiful-Meat.png VEvBB7l.pngKp99Tes.png
Sneaking in a quick rec before rollover, an anime:

The Promised Neverland

Children at an orphanage are living a happy life. They love their caregiver, who they call Mom, and each other. Though they are sad to see their siblings go, and wish that any of them would write letters back to the orphanage from their newly found homes, the children are happy at the thought of their siblings finding a family to live with.

This all takes a sudden turn when two of the older children break the rules and go through a gate that is off limits. While attempting to run a beloved plush toy to a recently adopted little girl, Emma and Norman discover a horrifying truth about their little home. Their discovery changes their entire worldview and forces them to make life changing and heart wrenching decisions.

I hesitated to watch this anime when it first premiered, unsure if I was interested in the concept at all. I am extremely glad that I ended up giving it a shot, and eagerly await the second season, scheduled for release in 2020.
Sneaking in a quick rec before rollover, an anime:

The Promised Neverland

Children at an orphanage are living a happy life. They love their caregiver, who they call Mom, and each other. Though they are sad to see their siblings go, and wish that any of them would write letters back to the orphanage from their newly found homes, the children are happy at the thought of their siblings finding a family to live with.

This all takes a sudden turn when two of the older children break the rules and go through a gate that is off limits. While attempting to run a beloved plush toy to a recently adopted little girl, Emma and Norman discover a horrifying truth about their little home. Their discovery changes their entire worldview and forces them to make life changing and heart wrenching decisions.

I hesitated to watch this anime when it first premiered, unsure if I was interested in the concept at all. I am extremely glad that I ended up giving it a shot, and eagerly await the second season, scheduled for release in 2020.
Today I will recommend an independent film called Apartment 4E (2012), which was one of those movies we binge watched during the summer trying to find really scary movies. It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I still remember how chilling it was and how it left me feeling powerless despite not even being in the situation.

The movie mostly takes place in the apartment, and is one of those infamous (one room) kind of movies which are always really interesting! And great for horror. It certainly made me feel like I couldn't trust another soul for months LOL

The acting was REALLY GOOD in this movie and I feel like I can't stress that kind of thing enough bc even the newest "best seller" movies these days can have really shoddy acting. If the actors don't make me feel like I'm in the room with them or that x character is like someone I actually know irl, it's not very good acting imo. Anyway, yep!! It's great! <3

It's on youtube for 2.99 as of right now! You might be able to find it elsewhere though!
Today I will recommend an independent film called Apartment 4E (2012), which was one of those movies we binge watched during the summer trying to find really scary movies. It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I still remember how chilling it was and how it left me feeling powerless despite not even being in the situation.

The movie mostly takes place in the apartment, and is one of those infamous (one room) kind of movies which are always really interesting! And great for horror. It certainly made me feel like I couldn't trust another soul for months LOL

The acting was REALLY GOOD in this movie and I feel like I can't stress that kind of thing enough bc even the newest "best seller" movies these days can have really shoddy acting. If the actors don't make me feel like I'm in the room with them or that x character is like someone I actually know irl, it's not very good acting imo. Anyway, yep!! It's great! <3

It's on youtube for 2.99 as of right now! You might be able to find it elsewhere though!
Art shop
Adoptables shop
LF dergs thread
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14