Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Earth Day Giveaway
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
boop
boop
DPrCB0j.gif___
The roots are growing.___

Life shall nest in the heart of death,___
And those who rest will bloom.___

___
I started [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plogging]plogging[/url] this year and have been picking up litter every time I go for a stroll. I sometimes return from the strolls with 1-2 bags of trash. When I took pictures of my "loot" and shared them on social media, it got quite a lot of attention and positive feedback! Over thousand likes and hundred comments. Even [b]a local newspaper [/b]contacted me and used a whole page for the article that was based on my interview. The paper was published on 17.04.2019 though... But I wanted to share this with you regardless as a background. [emoji=new friend] Yesterday I got a call again, this time from [b]a local radio[/b] and they asked an interview about my plogging hobby. Today we met near a fast food restaurant, which surroundings are notoriously filthy. We spent 30 minutes talking and picking up litter, collecting 2 bags of trash. We talked about how littering affects the environment, it's wildlife and humans too. We also discussed about different strategies how to encourage people to litter less and what kind of measures the other countries have done to solve the problem. The journalist took a picture of me holding the bags full of trash and added it to their radio's social media, challenging their followers to a plogging challenge. [emoji=guardian star] When I go to a plogging stroll next time, I try to remember to take pictures and share them with you here! [emoji=familiar heart] EDIT: I'll send you pictures of the newspaper and stuff via pm :)
I started plogging this year and have been picking up litter every time I go for a stroll. I sometimes return from the strolls with 1-2 bags of trash. When I took pictures of my "loot" and shared them on social media, it got quite a lot of attention and positive feedback! Over thousand likes and hundred comments. Even a local newspaper contacted me and used a whole page for the article that was based on my interview. The paper was published on 17.04.2019 though... But I wanted to share this with you regardless as a background.

Yesterday I got a call again, this time from a local radio and they asked an interview about my plogging hobby. Today we met near a fast food restaurant, which surroundings are notoriously filthy. We spent 30 minutes talking and picking up litter, collecting 2 bags of trash. We talked about how littering affects the environment, it's wildlife and humans too. We also discussed about different strategies how to encourage people to litter less and what kind of measures the other countries have done to solve the problem. The journalist took a picture of me holding the bags full of trash and added it to their radio's social media, challenging their followers to a plogging challenge.

When I go to a plogging stroll next time, I try to remember to take pictures and share them with you here!

EDIT: I'll send you pictures of the newspaper and stuff via pm :)
8wF4Uc8.png
@Rhea

I am too busy to participate this year, but I'd like to be pinged if you do this again next year? Will things done throughout the year count? I plan to start a local species bee hive in the garden for instance.
@Rhea

I am too busy to participate this year, but I'd like to be pinged if you do this again next year? Will things done throughout the year count? I plan to start a local species bee hive in the garden for instance.
DPrCB0j.gif___
The roots are growing.___

Life shall nest in the heart of death,___
And those who rest will bloom.___

___
Bump
Bump
Doing Camp Nano this July! If you see me on here please tell me to get my brain back to writing :)
263.png25174.png25173.pngwEamvni.png
@Rhea

At school we had this thing where we planted flowers/herbs/grass in science :)
@Rhea

At school we had this thing where we planted flowers/herbs/grass in science :)
124.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR time + 1
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifThey/Them
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDragon Hoarder
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifRightside is clickable →

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifWishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifODP Hatchery
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifLair Purge
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifUMs for sale
bump
bump
YSQ_BSJ_2023_Advertisement.png
@Rhea X______X

I don't know if I should bother trying to get the pictures up since I just reread and I don't have a date in them

I'm in Alaska and there's very little up yet (on actual Earth Day it was snowing) but I found a few invasive sprouts (tansy, toadflax and bird vetch) and took some shots with my username in them

also a weird one: helping someone put together a presentation for a meeting at one of the smaller Native corporations, and mocked up a flowchart regarding environmental concerns that affect the area; I have a shot of the mockup with a sticky with my username on it in the shot; this one I can probably retake if you need me to
@Rhea X______X

I don't know if I should bother trying to get the pictures up since I just reread and I don't have a date in them

I'm in Alaska and there's very little up yet (on actual Earth Day it was snowing) but I found a few invasive sprouts (tansy, toadflax and bird vetch) and took some shots with my username in them

also a weird one: helping someone put together a presentation for a meeting at one of the smaller Native corporations, and mocked up a flowchart regarding environmental concerns that affect the area; I have a shot of the mockup with a sticky with my username on it in the shot; this one I can probably retake if you need me to
YSQ_BSJ_2023_Advertisement.png
@Rhea

Happy (late) Earth day!

So, for Earth week, my Environmental Science Club sponsored a full school week of dress themes and activities for everyone to participate in. We spent many days prepping for this event, buying seeds for students to plant on Friday, making posters (I will include one in my evidence), advertising, and buying eco-friendly prizes for raffles we were going to have throughout the week if people participated in the theme week! Examples of the prizes included bamboo utensils, beeswax wrap, and biodegradable soap!

In addition, on Earth day, my family planted a bunch of native flora, including peppers, zucchini, lavender, mint, and cilantro. Before we plant them outside, we have the seeds germinating in little plastic bins, so I included pictures of those!

Lastly, our family always recycles anything we can, but I don't have pictures of that :)

ALL pictures can be found here: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1uKdYvvTY9C32X5bcidFvBOhsQyE7vmz6wpslSgrHy7E/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you so much for hosting this giveaway and promoting saving our Earth! :D
@Rhea

Happy (late) Earth day!

So, for Earth week, my Environmental Science Club sponsored a full school week of dress themes and activities for everyone to participate in. We spent many days prepping for this event, buying seeds for students to plant on Friday, making posters (I will include one in my evidence), advertising, and buying eco-friendly prizes for raffles we were going to have throughout the week if people participated in the theme week! Examples of the prizes included bamboo utensils, beeswax wrap, and biodegradable soap!

In addition, on Earth day, my family planted a bunch of native flora, including peppers, zucchini, lavender, mint, and cilantro. Before we plant them outside, we have the seeds germinating in little plastic bins, so I included pictures of those!

Lastly, our family always recycles anything we can, but I don't have pictures of that :)

ALL pictures can be found here: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1uKdYvvTY9C32X5bcidFvBOhsQyE7vmz6wpslSgrHy7E/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you so much for hosting this giveaway and promoting saving our Earth! :D
jxHrwpT.png
Bump! (forgot to do so in last post) :)
Bump! (forgot to do so in last post) :)
jxHrwpT.png
Finally had time to upload images! Some are big, so I just linked to them. On the 26th I did some garbage cleanup, but kind of botched the images >.< I cut off the date, but took a picture of my note late when I looked at the images and realized what I'd done. This particular area actually wasn't too bad this time :D It's by a gas station, so people usually throw a lot of bottles, receipts, used scratch tickets, and bags out here. Right after the snow melted it was just disgusting -_- [url=https://imgur.com/mwbK9kG]Garbage Cleanup Image[/url] Today, the 28th, I finally had a chance to get some seeds planted! This year instead of buying a seed tray I decided I wanted to make some recycled planters. Since my family drinks a lot of milk, we had a lot of Costco milk jugs waiting to be recycled. Their flatter shape is what inspired me to make these :3 [img]https://i.imgur.com/lf1hHK9.png[/img] [url=https://imgur.com/GurOmH1]Here are some images of the process[/url] since I was planning on sharing it with my sister :) And here are my [url=https://imgur.com/Iiku069]favorite reusable bags[/url]! I realize the image quality is poor, but I already put them back in the car ^^; If we're still allowed to update throughout tomorrow I'll try to remember to take a better picture. Eventually I'd like to make some reusable bags myself :D
Finally had time to upload images! Some are big, so I just linked to them.

On the 26th I did some garbage cleanup, but kind of botched the images >.< I cut off the date, but took a picture of my note late when I looked at the images and realized what I'd done. This particular area actually wasn't too bad this time :D It's by a gas station, so people usually throw a lot of bottles, receipts, used scratch tickets, and bags out here. Right after the snow melted it was just disgusting -_-
Garbage Cleanup Image

Today, the 28th, I finally had a chance to get some seeds planted! This year instead of buying a seed tray I decided I wanted to make some recycled planters. Since my family drinks a lot of milk, we had a lot of Costco milk jugs waiting to be recycled. Their flatter shape is what inspired me to make these :3
lf1hHK9.png

Here are some images of the process since I was planning on sharing it with my sister :)

And here are my favorite reusable bags! I realize the image quality is poor, but I already put them back in the car ^^; If we're still allowed to update throughout tomorrow I'll try to remember to take a better picture. Eventually I'd like to make some reusable bags myself :D
1CAVWwD.pnggk9nran.pngTC7LI.gif49lLp.gif FNsM2iv.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14