Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Writer's Rescue: Lore Galore!
1 2 ... 602 603 604 605 606 ... 706 707
@decaffeinated, if Roxy is still available? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55445185] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/554452/55445185_350.png[/img] [/url]
@decaffeinated, if Roxy is still available?

55445185_350.png

All Nest Rentals - 5g/5kt and 40 food pls
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
@KrazKitCat
@MLPMDog
@Hyzenthlaay
@MLPMDog
@dancingcrane

They're held for you guys!
@KrazKitCat
@MLPMDog
@Hyzenthlaay
@MLPMDog
@dancingcrane

They're held for you guys!
@Decaffeinated [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55346508] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/553466/55346508_350.png[/img] [/url] Is this child still on hold? If it's expired can I have them held? (Sorry if I'm jumping the gun, time zones are the death of me and for me it's the 24th)
@Decaffeinated

55346508_350.png

Is this child still on hold? If it's expired can I have them held? (Sorry if I'm jumping the gun, time zones are the death of me and for me it's the 24th)
@Merlin010 [quote name="Decaffeinated" date="2019-01-08 18:02:54" ] [LIST] [*]Do not ask to hold or ask about dragons that are not on the list or not listed as "open" [...] [/LIST] [/quote]
@Merlin010
Decaffeinated wrote on 2019-01-08 18:02:54:
  • Do not ask to hold or ask about dragons that are not on the list or not listed as "open" [...]
@Decaffeinated:

Wrote for the Tundra! Can you name her Pikkaraisia for me? Thank you!

Pikkaraisia, more commonly referred to as “Pick” for the sake of her friends’ tongues, is a dragon of many trades. The defense of Mavenlark is most likely one of them, given her position on the guard, though the way she mills around the city while supposedly “on the clock” puts this into doubt. Mudskipper and Silt’s intensive training regimes have little effect on her chronic laziness, and she has become quite adept in deceiving them about this if they get on her case. A quick afternoon cat-nap quickly becomes the result of working far too hard, and a claw splintered on a stray rock can be a battle injury in her mouth.

Still, Pick isn’t entirely useless. She’s incredibly quick-witted, always at the ready with a joke, excuse, or banter for her fellow guards. Some have spent months trying to unravel one of her famous riddles, which are headscratchers to the Mother herself: not that she would ever admit it. Calling her selfish wouldn’t be too far of a stretch, but all of that time spent for herself has given Pick a rather carefree, informal attitude that some experience as grounding.

On the rare occasions that she’s motivated, her natural talent for magic shines through - literally. The surface of Pick’s skin serves as a natural vessel for elemental magic, her fur scarred (or, as she prefers to refer to it, “dyed”) from long-term exposure to light, shadow, water, and everything in-between. Even the most learned of mages have difficulty controlling more than one element outside of their birthright - for Pick to be able to not only contain but manipulate most elements (ironically, wind gives her some difficulty) is nothing short of extraordinary. Perhaps it’s better for the world of Sornieth that she leaves this power underdeveloped...
@Decaffeinated:

Wrote for the Tundra! Can you name her Pikkaraisia for me? Thank you!

Pikkaraisia, more commonly referred to as “Pick” for the sake of her friends’ tongues, is a dragon of many trades. The defense of Mavenlark is most likely one of them, given her position on the guard, though the way she mills around the city while supposedly “on the clock” puts this into doubt. Mudskipper and Silt’s intensive training regimes have little effect on her chronic laziness, and she has become quite adept in deceiving them about this if they get on her case. A quick afternoon cat-nap quickly becomes the result of working far too hard, and a claw splintered on a stray rock can be a battle injury in her mouth.

Still, Pick isn’t entirely useless. She’s incredibly quick-witted, always at the ready with a joke, excuse, or banter for her fellow guards. Some have spent months trying to unravel one of her famous riddles, which are headscratchers to the Mother herself: not that she would ever admit it. Calling her selfish wouldn’t be too far of a stretch, but all of that time spent for herself has given Pick a rather carefree, informal attitude that some experience as grounding.

On the rare occasions that she’s motivated, her natural talent for magic shines through - literally. The surface of Pick’s skin serves as a natural vessel for elemental magic, her fur scarred (or, as she prefers to refer to it, “dyed”) from long-term exposure to light, shadow, water, and everything in-between. Even the most learned of mages have difficulty controlling more than one element outside of their birthright - for Pick to be able to not only contain but manipulate most elements (ironically, wind gives her some difficulty) is nothing short of extraordinary. Perhaps it’s better for the world of Sornieth that she leaves this power underdeveloped...
tundra monolair (except when i'm not)
201576c98bceb8a8f26f4f51d994188f4d69cc59.gif5be2f71663585fac901386458cef7c37ddb9502e.gif
@Decaffeinated
Hello! I'm very sorry to ask this but would I be able to have my hold extended? I'm almost done with the lore for her! I'm very sorry about this! Thank you for your time!
@Decaffeinated
Hello! I'm very sorry to ask this but would I be able to have my hold extended? I'm almost done with the lore for her! I'm very sorry about this! Thank you for your time!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 0Eukkgx.png indy | she/her | fr+1 :)
wishlist / pinkerlocke / challenges
@Decaffeinated I’m sorry this took so long! I really didn’t see the ping! But here it is, I finished it (well not yet) but I’m so happy with it I had a bunch of fun writing what’s here so far :D The small fae lifted her head as if waking up from a dream. A bad one. Her starry scales glowed brighter in contrast to the cold, dark night. She looked around and for all she could see was forest. Dense and gloomy. All she could hear was the slight rustle of leaves and crickets chirping, but there must be something in the undergrowth hiding. She knew it. She sniffed around until she found a place where the rustling was louder, but the bush was so small… it wasn’t a dragon, it must be a creature she told herself. It was a small sphinx, colored like the sun. The Sphinx purred as she saw the dragonet. The Sphinx seemed friendly enough, so through the darkness she curled up next to it and fell asleep in hopes of a sunny morning. When she woke up, she couldn’t quite remember what she dreamed about but it was similar to the dream she had when she woke up in the forest. She shook the feeling of dread off her wings and went to check on the small Sphinx that had been friendly. She couldn’t find it anywhere, so she yelped in hopes that it would come back. After about 15 minutes, she realized that the yelping wasn’t going to help her find her new friend. She sniffed the ground to find her scent again, and she picked it up. She followed it into the dense forest as birds chirped and the bushes rustled again. This time she ignored it, assuming it was just the wind and she kept on track to where the Sphinx went. The scent trail ended abruptly as she found herself at a river. There were small stepping stones in it, just big enough to fit teeny tiny dragonet claws. Or small animal paws. She stepped onto the first stone and didn’t slip. Click. Click. Clock. She hesitated. What was that sound? She ignored it and leaped to the second stone. Two more hops and then she could continue on her furry friend’s trail. Click. Click. Click. It sounded almost like a timer. She turned quickly as her swirled eyes spun in confusion and fear. Nothing. She jumped for the last step and… Her world turned black and muffled as she fell into the rushing river. A muffled splash from behind her. She soon found herself at the other side of the river, coughing water. She heard a slight growl from her rescuers, but she was too tired from trying to swim that she didn’t move. There it was again. Click. Click. Clock. Her world spun as a feathered dragon poked at her. “Oh… you must be tired. We can rest until morning…” She was happy to hear the news, but she didn’t hear him finish his sentence as she fell asleep. The dragon woke her up with a slight poke. “Come on. You’ve got to be hungry.” She was starving, she made an attempt to say something but all that came out was “Bnorp.” The feathered dragon chuckled. “Aww, what are you trying to say, little one? Here.” He handed her a handful of bugs. They smelled delicious, she devoured them right from his claws. “Faes are so adorable, especially the small ones.” She grumbled in reply. “Now. What were you doing trying to cross that river?” Something that sounded like a word came out her mouth. “F...froon!” He processed this for a second. “Hmmm… friend? Were you looking for a friend?” Her eyes lit up. “Yoorp!” The feathered dragon was about to ask something, but stopped. He shook his head. “I’m Vanir. My clan will take care of you, don’t worry.” She sniffed the air to try and see if she could catch her Sphinx friend’s scent. She got a whiff of it, but it was almost stale. She started running the way it lead. Vanir admired her adventurous nature. He flew above her and watched her path to make sure she didn’t hurt herself again. They eventually ran into a clearing, in which the starry fae stopped. The trail ended. She looked down in disappointment. “What’s wrong?” Vanir asked. He shouldn’t have expected an answer. Vanir looked around and started to realize that they were at his camp. “Small one, we’re at my camp! Is this where your trail stops?” He asked. She gasped. She looked into one of the dens and saw her Sphinx friend. “Kitt!” She yelled in delight and hugged her friend. Vanir stopped. “That’s who you were looking for? She’s one of our familiars we rescued. We’d be glad to let you keep her.” She squealed so happiliy Vanir almost had to cover his ears. “I’m naming you Treat, you’re always so happy and you treat everything your given as a Treat.” She looked up at him with her swirling eyes. Then it happened again. Click. Click. Click. She wondered what it was, what it was going to do. When all of a sudden, blinding flash filled her vision, and she fell to the ground. To be continued! Dragons Mentioned: Vanir [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51426995] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/514270/51426995_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Decaffeinated I’m sorry this took so long! I really didn’t see the ping! But here it is, I finished it (well not yet) but I’m so happy with it I had a bunch of fun writing what’s here so far :D
The small fae lifted her head as if waking up from a dream. A bad one. Her starry scales glowed brighter in contrast to the cold, dark night. She looked around and for all she could see was forest. Dense and gloomy. All she could hear was the slight rustle of leaves and crickets chirping, but there must be something in the undergrowth hiding. She knew it. She sniffed around until she found a place where the rustling was louder, but the bush was so small… it wasn’t a dragon, it must be a creature she told herself. It was a small sphinx, colored like the sun. The Sphinx purred as she saw the dragonet. The Sphinx seemed friendly enough, so through the darkness she curled up next to it and fell asleep in hopes of a sunny morning. When she woke up, she couldn’t quite remember what she dreamed about but it was similar to the dream she had when she woke up in the forest. She shook the feeling of dread off her wings and went to check on the small Sphinx that had been friendly. She couldn’t find it anywhere, so she yelped in hopes that it would come back. After about 15 minutes, she realized that the yelping wasn’t going to help her find her new friend. She sniffed the ground to find her scent again, and she picked it up. She followed it into the dense forest as birds chirped and the bushes rustled again. This time she ignored it, assuming it was just the wind and she kept on track to where the Sphinx went. The scent trail ended abruptly as she found herself at a river. There were small stepping stones in it, just big enough to fit teeny tiny dragonet claws. Or small animal paws. She stepped onto the first stone and didn’t slip. Click. Click. Clock. She hesitated. What was that sound? She ignored it and leaped to the second stone. Two more hops and then she could continue on her furry friend’s trail. Click. Click. Click. It sounded almost like a timer. She turned quickly as her swirled eyes spun in confusion and fear. Nothing. She jumped for the last step and… Her world turned black and muffled as she fell into the rushing river. A muffled splash from behind her. She soon found herself at the other side of the river, coughing water. She heard a slight growl from her rescuers, but she was too tired from trying to swim that she didn’t move. There it was again. Click. Click. Clock. Her world spun as a feathered dragon poked at her. “Oh… you must be tired. We can rest until morning…” She was happy to hear the news, but she didn’t hear him finish his sentence as she fell asleep. The dragon woke her up with a slight poke. “Come on. You’ve got to be hungry.” She was starving, she made an attempt to say something but all that came out was “Bnorp.” The feathered dragon chuckled. “Aww, what are you trying to say, little one? Here.” He handed her a handful of bugs. They smelled delicious, she devoured them right from his claws. “Faes are so adorable, especially the small ones.” She grumbled in reply. “Now. What were you doing trying to cross that river?” Something that sounded like a word came out her mouth. “F...froon!” He processed this for a second. “Hmmm… friend? Were you looking for a friend?” Her eyes lit up. “Yoorp!” The feathered dragon was about to ask something, but stopped. He shook his head. “I’m Vanir. My clan will take care of you, don’t worry.” She sniffed the air to try and see if she could catch her Sphinx friend’s scent. She got a whiff of it, but it was almost stale. She started running the way it lead. Vanir admired her adventurous nature. He flew above her and watched her path to make sure she didn’t hurt herself again. They eventually ran into a clearing, in which the starry fae stopped. The trail ended. She looked down in disappointment. “What’s wrong?” Vanir asked. He shouldn’t have expected an answer. Vanir looked around and started to realize that they were at his camp. “Small one, we’re at my camp! Is this where your trail stops?” He asked. She gasped. She looked into one of the dens and saw her Sphinx friend. “Kitt!” She yelled in delight and hugged her friend. Vanir stopped. “That’s who you were looking for? She’s one of our familiars we rescued. We’d be glad to let you keep her.” She squealed so happiliy Vanir almost had to cover his ears. “I’m naming you Treat, you’re always so happy and you treat everything your given as a Treat.” She looked up at him with her swirling eyes. Then it happened again. Click. Click. Click. She wondered what it was, what it was going to do. When all of a sudden, blinding flash filled her vision, and she fell to the ground.
To be continued!

Dragons Mentioned:
Vanir

51426995_350.png
z3ouQq5.gif
fr+0
he/they
wishlist
@Decaffeinated I wanted to go a bit more into detail with his character but the base story is there. I'll probably work on it a bit more later but I wanted to make sure I got him first. Sorry for any spelling errors or grammar issues. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55366702][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/553668/55366702_350.png[/img][/url] The Red One “When the time comes, you will earn your name young one,” I was told. “You will become a part of our order,” they spoke with such confidence. “You have the power to make us proud,” said as if it was fact and nothing less. The only hard fact of life though is that just because everyone else has, doesn’t mean you can. Doesn’t mean you have the intelligence to track down shade creatures, the regal nature to guard our icewarden, or the strength to protect our prisons. I am the perfect example of this. The first time I noticed this was in our magic trails. Ten or so young dragons from my family gathered together to be tested. Our task was to take down a small shade controlled animal. A cousin of mine frozen a snake’s blood. My sister summoned hail to stone a corrupt bird. My task was to take down a Nightwing bat. It flopped and fluttered without much balance into the bamboom bars of it’s cage. It flipped over when my father dropped the tiny latch to let it out. The poor thing then shrieked and took off into the snow fields. I reached for my magic. It was there, I could feel it just like my parents described to me. The feeling was strange, like a brain freeze but comforting. Uncontrollably cold and spreading all throughout my head. Every time I took a deep breath the sharp air hit the back of my throat. Though that feeling gave me a bit of a suffocating feeling and I couldn’t shake it. They never told me about that part. The suffocating feeling blinded me. It was supposed to be clean cut, like a snowflake. I would know what the magic was and what it could do. My elders said that at first it might not be too strong so I would have to touch my prey inorder to summon anything, like my cousin with his snake. After coming to the conclusion I couldn’t use my magic from far away I decided to get a bit closer. I took off after the bat and it shrieked. It had a new found aggression and flew towards me, hissing. I snatched it out of the air and held it in a snow shear. There was nothing there. I ended up choking the bat to death. I wanted it to feel the suffocating I felt. As soon as it was dead I could breathe again. I never felt my powers after that day. Only an incredible pain in my throat. It only worsened from there. No orders would accept me because my most powerful weapon was my greatest weakness. Even the powerless dragons wouldn’t literally choke up under any pressure. I was useless. Everyone else earned their names. Except me. I looked up to a great Sentinel. He was a pure and brilliant white and blessed with the strongest magic many Gaolers had ever seen. It was said he could summon blizzards from thin air and turn rushing waves into walls of ice. I wanted to be just like him. His name was Boreas. One night I woke up gasping for air. My lungs were sore as I pushed myself to stand. Something in the stars was calling a name. I stepped from my sleeping cave and listened carefully. I felt like I was following a path that wasn’t my own. Whatever it was desperately cried for it’s guest but I was the only one who heard it. I didn’t care, for once I decided something should be my own. So I followed the voice into the night and the snow swept valley. When I found what I was looking for everything stood still for a second. First of all the name the thing had been called was Boreas. The strongest of us all. It had received the weakest and I could tell it was mad. Then it’s purple tainted snout crinkled into a devilish smile. This thing, this dragon, was taken by shade. “You are not Boreas,” It said. “Who are you?” My feelings all felt on edge, amplified. It was the shade I knew it was, trying to take hold of me. Find my weakest point and latch on. Though all of me was weak and I was easy prey. A flailing fish on land. “I don’t have a name yet,” I responded. “Want one?” What did that mean? I asked myself. “Of course, but I can’t earn one. I don’t have any powers.” “I can help you get your name.” “I-” Temptation rolled on my tongue. “How?” “You help me get rid of Boreas, you replace Boreas, get his name and his power.” It told me. “What?! No-” My voiced seemed to hit a wall. The shade was creeping in on me. I wanted to leave, but if this thing decided to kill me as I ran, it could. “We help each other,” it extended a talon. I wanted this didn’t I? I always idolized Boreas, but what if I was him. I would finally be a part of my clan. Accepted into a respected order. The shade had planted a seed. I was as good as taken. I reached forward to take the object in the dragon’s palm. “Boreas is a white dragon, in order to take his place, you’ll have to look alike,” it instructed. I nodded as I slipped the silver blade out into the moonlight. “Make him red.”
@Decaffeinated

I wanted to go a bit more into detail with his character but the base story is there. I'll probably work on it a bit more later but I wanted to make sure I got him first. Sorry for any spelling errors or grammar issues.

55366702_350.png

The Red One

“When the time comes, you will earn your name young one,” I was told.

“You will become a part of our order,” they spoke with such confidence.

“You have the power to make us proud,” said as if it was fact and nothing less.

The only hard fact of life though is that just because everyone else has, doesn’t mean you can. Doesn’t mean you have the intelligence to track down shade creatures, the regal nature to guard our icewarden, or the strength to protect our prisons. I am the perfect example of this.

The first time I noticed this was in our magic trails. Ten or so young dragons from my family gathered together to be tested. Our task was to take down a small shade controlled animal. A cousin of mine frozen a snake’s blood. My sister summoned hail to stone a corrupt bird.

My task was to take down a Nightwing bat. It flopped and fluttered without much balance into the bamboom bars of it’s cage. It flipped over when my father dropped the tiny latch to let it out. The poor thing then shrieked and took off into the snow fields.

I reached for my magic. It was there, I could feel it just like my parents described to me. The feeling was strange, like a brain freeze but comforting. Uncontrollably cold and spreading all throughout my head. Every time I took a deep breath the sharp air hit the back of my throat. Though that feeling gave me a bit of a suffocating feeling and I couldn’t shake it. They never told me about that part.

The suffocating feeling blinded me. It was supposed to be clean cut, like a snowflake. I would know what the magic was and what it could do. My elders said that at first it might not be too strong so I would have to touch my prey inorder to summon anything, like my cousin with his snake.

After coming to the conclusion I couldn’t use my magic from far away I decided to get a bit closer. I took off after the bat and it shrieked. It had a new found aggression and flew towards me, hissing. I snatched it out of the air and held it in a snow shear. There was nothing there. I ended up choking the bat to death. I wanted it to feel the suffocating I felt. As soon as it was dead I could breathe again.

I never felt my powers after that day. Only an incredible pain in my throat.

It only worsened from there. No orders would accept me because my most powerful weapon was my greatest weakness. Even the powerless dragons wouldn’t literally choke up under any pressure. I was useless.

Everyone else earned their names. Except me.

I looked up to a great Sentinel. He was a pure and brilliant white and blessed with the strongest magic many Gaolers had ever seen. It was said he could summon blizzards from thin air and turn rushing waves into walls of ice. I wanted to be just like him.

His name was Boreas.

One night I woke up gasping for air. My lungs were sore as I pushed myself to stand. Something in the stars was calling a name. I stepped from my sleeping cave and listened carefully.

I felt like I was following a path that wasn’t my own. Whatever it was desperately cried for it’s guest but I was the only one who heard it. I didn’t care, for once I decided something should be my own. So I followed the voice into the night and the snow swept valley.

When I found what I was looking for everything stood still for a second. First of all the name the thing had been called was Boreas. The strongest of us all. It had received the weakest and I could tell it was mad. Then it’s purple tainted snout crinkled into a devilish smile. This thing, this dragon, was taken by shade.

“You are not Boreas,” It said. “Who are you?”

My feelings all felt on edge, amplified. It was the shade I knew it was, trying to take hold of me. Find my weakest point and latch on. Though all of me was weak and I was easy prey. A flailing fish on land.

“I don’t have a name yet,” I responded.

“Want one?”

What did that mean? I asked myself. “Of course, but I can’t earn one. I don’t have any powers.”

“I can help you get your name.”

“I-” Temptation rolled on my tongue. “How?”

“You help me get rid of Boreas, you replace Boreas, get his name and his power.” It told me.

“What?! No-” My voiced seemed to hit a wall. The shade was creeping in on me. I wanted to leave, but if this thing decided to kill me as I ran, it could.

“We help each other,” it extended a talon.

I wanted this didn’t I? I always idolized Boreas, but what if I was him. I would finally be a part of my clan. Accepted into a respected order. The shade had planted a seed. I was as good as taken. I reached forward to take the object in the dragon’s palm.

“Boreas is a white dragon, in order to take his place, you’ll have to look alike,” it instructed. I nodded as I slipped the silver blade out into the moonlight.

“Make him red.”
tC7jp2W.png
@SapphireAppy Pretty interesting! I'll send Merwin in a moment ^-^

@BreezyDragon Your story was a little bit difficult to read since it was all in one block but it's cute!

@Hyzenthlaay She's quite the character! The concept of her colours being due to magic is really neat!

@StilinskiSpark I'll give you an extra day and update the main listing to reflect it.
@SapphireAppy Pretty interesting! I'll send Merwin in a moment ^-^

@BreezyDragon Your story was a little bit difficult to read since it was all in one block but it's cute!

@Hyzenthlaay She's quite the character! The concept of her colours being due to magic is really neat!

@StilinskiSpark I'll give you an extra day and update the main listing to reflect it.
@Decaffeinated I told myself to not get anymore dragons but her and her art work is so cute so may i please claim her. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55355758] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/553558/55355758_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Decaffeinated I told myself to not get anymore dragons but her and her art work is so cute so may i please claim her.

55355758_350.png
22042.png
1 2 ... 602 603 604 605 606 ... 706 707