Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Writer's Rescue: Lore Galore!
1 2 ... 186 187 188 189 190 ... 706 707
@Decaffinated [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29628589] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/296286/29628589_350.png[/img] [/url] Halen watched the flights from her heavenly cloud, a grin crossed her face. She was a guardian angel, (not a guardian), and she had just finished her mission for one dragon, and ready to tackle whatever new challenge was thrown her way. “ Halen!” Her supervisor’s voice called. Halen ran to her. “Have a new mission? Already!” her voice cracked with excitement. “I’m warning you... This one’s a messy case” Her supervisor looked over the file and grimaced. “Nothing I can’t handle!” She grabbed the file with vigor, looking over it excitedly. Her supervisor shrugged at this and just walked away. Halens excitement depleted as she looked over the file. Her new dragon to look over: Creastes Problem: Being haunted by his old mentor as a medicine dragon. With a sigh, Halens decided to look over his clan mates. She hastily regretted that decision. THEY HAD A UNDEAD DRAGON, a traumatized sky dancer, a murderer fae, an assassin fae. She groaned and decided to get this over with. Upon arriving, she was expected to be unnoticed by Creastes , but as soon as he turned around and let out a ungodly shriek at the sight of, yet another, goast. “Oh no” he whimpered “are you here to haunt me to?” Halens stood in shock, “what? You can see me?” Verity entered the den with some fresh herbs, “Hey Creates, you look like you saw a goast!” Verity giggled at her own joke and left the terrified Creates with Halens. This is going to be a long mission… ( Saw others doing this, so I wanted to do to UwU ) Dragons mentioned: Verity: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37411147] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/374112/37411147_350.png[/img] [/url] Creastes: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46763696] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/467637/46763696_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Decaffinated

29628589_350.png

Halen watched the flights from her heavenly cloud, a grin crossed her face. She was a guardian angel, (not a guardian), and she had just finished her mission for one dragon, and ready to tackle whatever new challenge was thrown her way.

“ Halen!” Her supervisor’s voice called. Halen ran to her.

“Have a new mission? Already!” her voice cracked with excitement.

“I’m warning you... This one’s a messy case” Her supervisor looked over the file and grimaced.

“Nothing I can’t handle!” She grabbed the file with vigor, looking over it excitedly. Her supervisor shrugged at this and just walked away.

Halens excitement depleted as she looked over the file.

Her new dragon to look over: Creastes

Problem: Being haunted by his old mentor as a medicine dragon.

With a sigh, Halens decided to look over his clan mates. She hastily regretted that decision. THEY HAD A UNDEAD DRAGON, a traumatized sky dancer, a murderer fae, an assassin fae. She groaned and decided to get this over with.

Upon arriving, she was expected to be unnoticed by Creastes , but as soon as he turned around and let out a ungodly shriek at the sight of, yet another, goast.

“Oh no” he whimpered “are you here to haunt me to?”

Halens stood in shock, “what? You can see me?”

Verity entered the den with some fresh herbs, “Hey Creates, you look like you saw a goast!”

Verity giggled at her own joke and left the terrified Creates with Halens.

This is going to be a long mission…

( Saw others doing this, so I wanted to do to UwU )

Dragons mentioned:

Verity:

37411147_350.png

Creastes:

46763696_350.png

@mageoflight I love lore that already has plans of tying in with other dragons! <3
@mageoflight I love lore that already has plans of tying in with other dragons! <3
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@Tritail A bit short but incredibly cute ^-^ I'm sending Cerastes' angel in a second
@Tritail A bit short but incredibly cute ^-^ I'm sending Cerastes' angel in a second
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49520221] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/495203/49520221_350.png[/img] [/url] I'd like to name her Xiang if possible!! And for the lore... Imperials found themselves steady yet proud, at one point forged by the Light God who the rest of the draconic races revered. Succinctly, most groups believed themselves a cut above the rest of the dragons who appeared on the planes below as they kept their heritage intact while remaining far from one another. While all assume Pearlcatcher dragons are their replacement from their former Gods, they still contain the knowledge they alone remain [i]original[/i], first and foremost. When another imperial found herself on the earth, while her eyes indicated a plague classification, her body unlike her father and mother's more practical hides glimmered and shone. Radiant shimmering scales that sparkled under any light source brought attention to her right away, which meant that this new imperial remained a [i]liability[/i]. Though Imperial Dragons of any breed typically round out to be the [i][b]largest[/b][/i] of all other dragons akin to them, a child with soft scales pre-ecdysis finds themselves vulnerable and weak especially at the small size. With minuscule horns and lack of impenetrable hide hatchlings require safety until they can effectively fend for themselves. With a practically glowing spotlight, the baby dragon would find herself in constant danger; not to mention the additional stress of everyone failing to protect the kid and eliciting an Emperor dragon to develop from their corpses. Yet when her parents took gaze of her golden body and bright red accents and rather than believe her to be an omen of [i]death[/i], decided she must have been a sign of [b]fortune[/b]. Thus in spite of the risk and hardships, they decided to raise the child as best as they could, and offered her a name befitting of her status as a blissful soul. Thus they offered the baby dragon the name [b]Xiang[/b], for the good omen they understood her to be. Naturally, life for the trio grew strenuous to say the least. Every second when the Lightweaver's main light that shone in the heavens shifted positions no matter where Xiang found herself hid, a singular sunbeam danced across her scales, refracting across all surfaces while leaving a suspiciously obvious (and awestruck) central source. Only the most shrouded of caves offered relief and true safety, obscuring her from any source of illumination outside of their parent's own breath when they attempted to circumnavigate their new location, as well as comfort the young child who found herself wishing to not remain 'alone' (due to her lack of clear vision of where her parents were) and crying through the darkness. Xiang proved to be a fussy child, desiring to obtain the best portion of meat on the occasions when her parents hunted nearby prey, or upturning her nose at the insects that proved 'too slimy' for her tastes; most of all Xiang wished to go [i]outside[/i] where she could see the colorful light show that surrounded her every time she bounded into the light. The darkness meant she couldn't mostly see her parents, or do much of [i]anything[/i] except wait for the special occasions where the moonlight disappeared in it's entirety leaving only the faint stars shining overhead. Her parents told her it was [i]no moon[/i], and one of the few times Xiang could walk out and play or hunt insects on her own right. ( @Decaffeinated I'm really sorry it's not finished yet, but today has been really really busy and I'm almost done it's just really late so I'm afraid that if I continue writing for any longer it may lose coherency and quality but I'll definitely finish up tomorrow!!)

49520221_350.png

I'd like to name her Xiang if possible!! And for the lore...

Imperials found themselves steady yet proud, at one point forged by the Light God who the rest of the draconic races revered. Succinctly, most groups believed themselves a cut above the rest of the dragons who appeared on the planes below as they kept their heritage intact while remaining far from one another. While all assume Pearlcatcher dragons are their replacement from their former Gods, they still contain the knowledge they alone remain original, first and foremost. When another imperial found herself on the earth, while her eyes indicated a plague classification, her body unlike her father and mother's more practical hides glimmered and shone. Radiant shimmering scales that sparkled under any light source brought attention to her right away, which meant that this new imperial remained a liability. Though Imperial Dragons of any breed typically round out to be the largest of all other dragons akin to them, a child with soft scales pre-ecdysis finds themselves vulnerable and weak especially at the small size. With minuscule horns and lack of impenetrable hide hatchlings require safety until they can effectively fend for themselves. With a practically glowing spotlight, the baby dragon would find herself in constant danger; not to mention the additional stress of everyone failing to protect the kid and eliciting an Emperor dragon to develop from their corpses. Yet when her parents took gaze of her golden body and bright red accents and rather than believe her to be an omen of death, decided she must have been a sign of fortune. Thus in spite of the risk and hardships, they decided to raise the child as best as they could, and offered her a name befitting of her status as a blissful soul.

Thus they offered the baby dragon the name Xiang, for the good omen they understood her to be.

Naturally, life for the trio grew strenuous to say the least. Every second when the Lightweaver's main light that shone in the heavens shifted positions no matter where Xiang found herself hid, a singular sunbeam danced across her scales, refracting across all surfaces while leaving a suspiciously obvious (and awestruck) central source. Only the most shrouded of caves offered relief and true safety, obscuring her from any source of illumination outside of their parent's own breath when they attempted to circumnavigate their new location, as well as comfort the young child who found herself wishing to not remain 'alone' (due to her lack of clear vision of where her parents were) and crying through the darkness. Xiang proved to be a fussy child, desiring to obtain the best portion of meat on the occasions when her parents hunted nearby prey, or upturning her nose at the insects that proved 'too slimy' for her tastes; most of all Xiang wished to go outside where she could see the colorful light show that surrounded her every time she bounded into the light. The darkness meant she couldn't mostly see her parents, or do much of anything except wait for the special occasions where the moonlight disappeared in it's entirety leaving only the faint stars shining overhead. Her parents told her it was no moon, and one of the few times Xiang could walk out and play or hunt insects on her own right.

( @Decaffeinated I'm really sorry it's not finished yet, but today has been really really busy and I'm almost done it's just really late so I'm afraid that if I continue writing for any longer it may lose coherency and quality but I'll definitely finish up tomorrow!!)
@Decaffeinated (Since I name all my dragons Latin/Draconic names, I've renamed him "Noxvolantem" (night flying or flying night) and I felt that he'd feel like a female (but still be technically male, no Genderswapping scroll please) so he is female in the story.) [quote] [i][b]Noxvolantem[/b] glided through the huge underground cave in which most Shadow Clans lived, since Plague took to the skies. The air was calm at this time of day, as a lot of the dragons rested peacefully with their clans. She loved the rush through her body as she glided around the underground cave, she loved the feeling of gliding in particular, but she wasn't the best glider in her clan. No, even she had to admit that Vuthafiik, the clan's leader, was better than her at gliding, as he proved it the very first day...[/i] She followed Vuthafiik through the skies, following his every twist and turn he made. It was heaven gliding this high to her new clan. Did they know she was coming? Did they know that Vuthafiik was gone not for hunting, but to gather another dragon? These questions buzzed around in her head, hoping to finally get out. But Noxvolantem knew better than to ask questions, as she learned that questions lead to mayhem ninety percent of the time. Especially since every time she asked one, she'd be tasked with cleaning out the "toilet" for a month. She never did like that toilet. "I'm suprised. You have yet to ask a question." She snapped out of her head. "What did you say?" she asked Vuthafiik. "Never mind," he said, "we're almost there." Almost there? she thought. Almost to the clan? But all she saw was desert. Then... There was a hole, a huge one, in the ground. She watched as Vuthafiik dived right into it. She followed. The cavern was huge, but there wasn't a dragon in sight. She landed onto a platform to rest her wings. She saw Vuthafiik climb up one of the carvern's walls to a platform higher than hers. Suddenly, Vuthafiik jumped with his wings spread out to glide, went towards a wall, closed his wings about 2-5 feet before it, and disappear. "Vuthafiik!" she yelled. "Are you okay?" She silently cursed herself for asking a question. "I'm alright!" he yelled. Noxvolantem tracked his voice to a hole in the wall, where his face currently was. The hole was large enough to fit Noxvolantem if she wiggled through, but if she did what Vuthafiik did, she'd might hit the wall. "Come on, just don't hit the wall," Vuthafiik said. "You'll be fine. You're one of the best gliders I've seen. Just close your wings when you're close, and dive through." She looked wearly at the wall. Alright, she thought, let's see. Vuthafiik's head disappeared from view as Noxvolantem got ready. She jumped... Doing what Vuthafiik did, she closed her wings and dived through the hole... Only for her to stop suddenly due to her forgetting about her back legs. "Ouch!" Noxvolantem said, moving her legs to check the damage... And falling right on top of Vuthafiik. Getting up quickly, she checked herself and Vuthafiik. No damage, surprisingly. Vuthafiik began to laugh. "Oh to the Shadowbringer was that gold," he said once he stopped laughing. "Glad you're not hurt, Noxvolantem, glad you're okay." ... [i]Noxvolantem landed perfectly back at the clan's home, which, like most homes down there, was a cave. She smiled to herself at the memory. Oh, she's never going to live that down, not that she'd want to ever forget it. She may be a good glider, but she wasn't the best, and she didn't care.[/i] [/quote] Dragons used: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48963774] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/489638/48963774_350.png[/img] [/url] Noxvolantem [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48343367] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/483434/48343367_350.png[/img] [/url] Vuthafiik
@Decaffeinated
(Since I name all my dragons Latin/Draconic names, I've renamed him "Noxvolantem" (night flying or flying night) and I felt that he'd feel like a female (but still be technically male, no Genderswapping scroll please) so he is female in the story.)
Quote:
Noxvolantem glided through the huge underground cave in which most Shadow Clans lived, since Plague took to the skies. The air was calm at this time of day, as a lot of the dragons rested peacefully with their clans. She loved the rush through her body as she glided around the underground cave, she loved the feeling of gliding in particular, but she wasn't the best glider in her clan. No, even she had to admit that Vuthafiik, the clan's leader, was better than her at gliding, as he proved it the very first day...

She followed Vuthafiik through the skies, following his every twist and turn he made. It was heaven gliding this high to her new clan. Did they know she was coming? Did they know that Vuthafiik was gone not for hunting, but to gather another dragon? These questions buzzed around in her head, hoping to finally get out. But Noxvolantem knew better than to ask questions, as she learned that questions lead to mayhem ninety percent of the time. Especially since every time she asked one, she'd be tasked with cleaning out the "toilet" for a month. She never did like that toilet.

"I'm suprised. You have yet to ask a question."

She snapped out of her head. "What did you say?" she asked Vuthafiik.

"Never mind," he said, "we're almost there."

Almost there? she thought. Almost to the clan? But all she saw was desert. Then...

There was a hole, a huge one, in the ground. She watched as Vuthafiik dived right into it. She followed.

The cavern was huge, but there wasn't a dragon in sight. She landed onto a platform to rest her wings. She saw Vuthafiik climb up one of the carvern's walls to a platform higher than hers. Suddenly, Vuthafiik jumped with his wings spread out to glide, went towards a wall, closed his wings about 2-5 feet before it, and disappear.

"Vuthafiik!" she yelled. "Are you okay?" She silently cursed herself for asking a question.

"I'm alright!" he yelled. Noxvolantem tracked his voice to a hole in the wall, where his face currently was. The hole was large enough to fit Noxvolantem if she wiggled through, but if she did what Vuthafiik did, she'd might hit the wall.

"Come on, just don't hit the wall," Vuthafiik said. "You'll be fine. You're one of the best gliders I've seen. Just close your wings when you're close, and dive through."

She looked wearly at the wall. Alright, she thought, let's see.

Vuthafiik's head disappeared from view as Noxvolantem got ready. She jumped...

Doing what Vuthafiik did, she closed her wings and dived through the hole...

Only for her to stop suddenly due to her forgetting about her back legs.

"Ouch!" Noxvolantem said, moving her legs to check the damage...

And falling right on top of Vuthafiik. Getting up quickly, she checked herself and Vuthafiik. No damage, surprisingly. Vuthafiik began to laugh.

"Oh to the Shadowbringer was that gold," he said once he stopped laughing. "Glad you're not hurt, Noxvolantem, glad you're okay."

Noxvolantem landed perfectly back at the clan's home, which, like most homes down there, was a cave. She smiled to herself at the memory. Oh, she's never going to live that down, not that she'd want to ever forget it. She may be a good glider, but she wasn't the best, and she didn't care.

Dragons used:

48963774_350.png

Noxvolantem

48343367_350.png

Vuthafiik
hVHlIic.pngRHcPE.gif
@Decaffeinated Sorry for the delay! I had a busy week ;7; [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49485336] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/494854/49485336_350.png[/img] [/url] Perhaps due to fate, or nature's cold, sharp claws- Kaiique didn't grow to be the dragon he wanted to be. Destined to shine, as his clan's prophecy foretold, he instead threw himself in terrible despair, after a series of mistakes, until his inevitable fall. - - - It started when he was young, his birth awaited for all the imperials and nocturnes of his clan. Their kin was doomed, without energy, water and much less food- completely lost in the merciless lands of Lightning's desert. They held to whatever hope they could get, and from that despair was soon born lies. Lies, a fake comfort on the possibility that soon someone could lead them to success, to leave misery behind. Kaiique's life was a gift, it was the hope and support they all needed. Since early age he indeed showed signs of a born-leader: a sharp personality and smart wits, a sociable hatchling that also showed talent in hunting and exploring.He was perfect. Too perfect even. But that was also a lie. They only saw what they wanted to, and without realizing they forced the little imperial to be someone he wasn't. - - - Incredible pressure was thrown over his shoulders, and with time he was obligued to shape himself for the sake of others. To meet their expectations, to not be a disappointment. Don't show weakness, you have to be strong. Don't cry, don't complain. Train harder. Go hunt. Offer help. Be there. Do it for them. [i]Do it for them.[/i] He inevitably became the leader, and managed to stay like that for a long time- guiding their path, making decisions, dhowing confidence even when he had none. Even more time passed by, but one day he met his last trial. There was nowhere to run except foward, though in front of them there was nothing but the endless sight of a turbulent sea. A thunderstorm crept over, with its strong winds and alarming thunders, rocking above and below. The ocean was revolted, its waves bigger than his own imperial body, reaching so tall on the sky it hid the moon at times. But there was no other option, they [i]had[/i] to fly. One by one, the dragons left the ground, fighting against the gusts and heavy rain- all scared, worried, tired... Lost in the dark night, pushing foward as much as they could. Kaiique, unsurprisingly, was feeling the worst of the bunch. All the weight of such a decision dragging over him, as he tried to comfort the others, when it was hard to trust his own words. Unexpectly, however, lightning struck his wings, and he fell foward. He screamed for help, his heart beating so fast it could burst out- His companions descended to help, but, like him, many fell to the sea. His back and wings hit strongly the surface, pain shooting through his muscles, and before he could say anything more- the waves engulfed and silenced him. The tide dragged him away, it pulled him deeper... - - - But his body one day floated to the shore. To a beach he had never heard about, found by another clan. With little memories of what happened to him, and no information of what happened to his previous clanmates, he felt lost more than ever, but thankfully was also immediately taken under the wings of the dragons he just met- receiving a second chance to grow. With new job, new friends and a new home, he stayed on the port for decades to come. The imperial discovered a different kind of happiness, on the freedom and serenity his life now provided, but at the same time nothing could be perfect. His past still scarred his mind and body, on the marks he held on his skin and scales, as well as on the nightmares that from time to time haunted his nights. "Not all seeds grow till they blossom flowers." Was something the Imperial had learned with time. A cold truth, but a reality nonetheles, that somehow still manage to bring a certain, sorrowful comfort on his heart.
@Decaffeinated

Sorry for the delay! I had a busy week ;7;

49485336_350.png

Perhaps due to fate, or nature's cold, sharp claws- Kaiique didn't grow to be the dragon he wanted to be. Destined to shine, as his clan's prophecy foretold, he instead threw himself in terrible despair, after a series of mistakes, until his inevitable fall.

- - -

It started when he was young, his birth awaited for all the imperials and nocturnes of his clan. Their kin was doomed, without energy, water and much less food- completely lost in the merciless lands of Lightning's desert. They held to whatever hope they could get, and from that despair was soon born lies. Lies, a fake comfort on the possibility that soon someone could lead them to success, to leave misery behind.

Kaiique's life was a gift, it was the hope and support they all needed. Since early age he indeed showed signs of a born-leader: a sharp personality and smart wits, a sociable hatchling that also showed talent in hunting and exploring.He was perfect. Too perfect even.

But that was also a lie. They only saw what they wanted to, and without realizing they forced the little imperial to be someone he wasn't.

- - -

Incredible pressure was thrown over his shoulders, and with time he was obligued to shape himself for the sake of others. To meet their expectations, to not be a disappointment.

Don't show weakness, you have to be strong. Don't cry, don't complain. Train harder. Go hunt. Offer help. Be there. Do it for them.

Do it for them.

He inevitably became the leader, and managed to stay like that for a long time- guiding their path, making decisions, dhowing confidence even when he had none. Even more time passed by, but one day he met his last trial. There was nowhere to run except foward, though in front of them there was nothing but the endless sight of a turbulent sea.

A thunderstorm crept over, with its strong winds and alarming thunders, rocking above and below. The ocean was revolted, its waves bigger than his own imperial body, reaching so tall on the sky it hid the moon at times. But there was no other option, they had to fly.

One by one, the dragons left the ground, fighting against the gusts and heavy rain- all scared, worried, tired... Lost in the dark night, pushing foward as much as they could.

Kaiique, unsurprisingly, was feeling the worst of the bunch. All the weight of such a decision dragging over him, as he tried to comfort the others, when it was hard to trust his own words. Unexpectly, however, lightning struck his wings, and he fell foward. He screamed for help, his heart beating so fast it could burst out- His companions descended to help, but, like him, many fell to the sea. His back and wings hit strongly the surface, pain shooting through his muscles, and before he could say anything more- the waves engulfed and silenced him. The tide dragged him away, it pulled him deeper...

- - -

But his body one day floated to the shore. To a beach he had never heard about, found by another clan. With little memories of what happened to him, and no information of what happened to his previous clanmates, he felt lost more than ever, but thankfully was also immediately taken under the wings of the dragons he just met- receiving a second chance to grow.

With new job, new friends and a new home, he stayed on the port for decades to come. The imperial discovered a different kind of happiness, on the freedom and serenity his life now provided, but at the same time nothing could be perfect. His past still scarred his mind and body, on the marks he held on his skin and scales, as well as on the nightmares that from time to time haunted his nights.

"Not all seeds grow till they blossom flowers." Was something the Imperial had learned with time. A cold truth, but a reality nonetheles, that somehow still manage to bring a certain, sorrowful comfort on his heart.
mini.png
> Meias <
she | her

The old Anchorage
A Water & Wind Clan
100.png
~friendly bump~
~friendly bump~
2lwv2f.gif Invisible Spacing text to push tree image to the right..
Sprinkles|They/Them|HoO/PJO lover|Starkid obsessed|Wishlist
@Decaffeinated i was @umesawa, but i've changed my un. can that be updated on the pinglist?
@Decaffeinated i was @umesawa, but i've changed my un. can that be updated on the pinglist?
34k8ssH.png viola. 23. they/them.
hobbyanime & oc liker
@BottomCurse Since you're over the word limit, I can send your little gal right away ^-^ Thas way you can finish her lore without stressing out too much!

@Mediaeumbra She made quite the entrance xD She's on her way!

@Meias Apologies but your hold expired a while ago. The dragon has been claimed in the meantime.

@celebie It's changed!
@BottomCurse Since you're over the word limit, I can send your little gal right away ^-^ Thas way you can finish her lore without stressing out too much!

@Mediaeumbra She made quite the entrance xD She's on her way!

@Meias Apologies but your hold expired a while ago. The dragon has been claimed in the meantime.

@celebie It's changed!
@Slugoon She's held for you! I've taken to listing dragons with xxx/xxy/xyy/xyx instead of the pinglist :>
@Slugoon She's held for you! I've taken to listing dragons with xxx/xxy/xyy/xyx instead of the pinglist :>
1 2 ... 186 187 188 189 190 ... 706 707