Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Writer's Rescue: Lore Galore!
1 2 ... 176 177 178 179 180 ... 706 707
@Decaffeinated

I have a hold on one of the prompt dragons that expires today, I believe. I have the lore almost finished for him, however, it will not be completed before my hold is up. Might I ask for one more day on my hold, please?
@Decaffeinated

I have a hold on one of the prompt dragons that expires today, I believe. I have the lore almost finished for him, however, it will not be completed before my hold is up. Might I ask for one more day on my hold, please?
image0.gif
@Decaffeinated I know the timestamp is a little later, but school blocked fr as of today (oof) so I wasn't able to post earlier. The lore was done, though! Does it still count (the lore can be found in this post)?
@Decaffeinated I know the timestamp is a little later, but school blocked fr as of today (oof) so I wasn't able to post earlier. The lore was done, though! Does it still count (the lore can be found in this post)?
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
@MisterArtist I'm dying this is hilarious and amazing [emoji=coatl love] [s]what is a word count? can you eat it?[/s] @ClockworkEclipse I am in love with your clan lore [emoji=familiar heart] You weren't late either since you made your claim on the 17th so you had until rollover tonight to post it ^-^ @Wolfoxx Added! @DragonSpiralArt Aww that was adorable! A bit hard to read with the current formatting but well worth the effort! @Animonster I'll extend your hold to tomorrow!
@MisterArtist I'm dying this is hilarious and amazing what is a word count? can you eat it?

@ClockworkEclipse I am in love with your clan lore You weren't late either since you made your claim on the 17th so you had until rollover tonight to post it ^-^

@Wolfoxx Added!

@DragonSpiralArt Aww that was adorable! A bit hard to read with the current formatting but well worth the effort!

@Animonster I'll extend your hold to tomorrow!
@Quiller Apologies for the late reply, I knew I was missing a ping x.x Lovely story, I've a soft spot for most things Dragon Age related .w.
@Quiller Apologies for the late reply, I knew I was missing a ping x.x Lovely story, I've a soft spot for most things Dragon Age related .w.
@mermaidlorelei I just wanted to say that banner art with Strider is awesome:D I just noticed it @Decaffeinated here's my lore:) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49356359] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/493564/49356359_350.png[/img] [/url] "Wow," gushed Maokai. "You look more like a princess than I do." Pearl looked over to the mirror. Her purple-pink scales did look splendid with the white flowers. And her pearl shone more colorfully than most, which made the fabric of the Dryad's Guise look shimmery. She allowed herself a small smile. The lair bell tolled just then, humming with authority through the stone floor. Maokai looked towards the door, and panic tore through Pearl. "Get it off me!" She struggled with the armholes, dropping her pearl in the process. It cracked on the ground, sending a violent shudder through her. "Please! The king will be here any second!" Maokai laughed. "I told you it'll be fine. Maybe we should leave it, just to see how he'll react." "Maokai--" She didn't get to finish her sentence, because a knock sounded at the door. Maokai bounced over to open it, and Pearl could do nothing but fearfully inspect the jagged crack in her pearl. "Hello, Father." "Good morning, Maokai," the ancient Imperial king's voice boomed. He stepped into the room, ducking to avoid the top of the doorway. "They're having your favorite for lunch today, swan." He glanced casually over at Pearl, and she froze. "What's this?" Maokai giggled and came to stand beside her companion. "Looks good, right? I figured, why can't the servants wear apparel too? Pearl deserves to look pretty, doesn't she?" The king was silent for a moment. Pearl was quite sure she was about to throw up. "I was worried she'd corrupt you eventually," he said finally. "Making you give up your most important possessions is only the first step. I told Calanthe we never should have taken in a Plague dragon. We'll have to terminate this companion and order you a new one. Now come along to lunch, dear." He turned and started to leave. Maokai stared after him, stammering. Pearl felt her eyes welling up. Terminated. "But, Father," Maokai cried, "Pearl and I have been together since we were hatchlings!" "You'll adjust to the new companion quickly. Don't argue with me, please, little one." When he'd gone, Maokai put her nose to Pearl's face. "No worries," she said with shaky confidence. "No one will take you from me, my friend. I'll think of something." [/center]
@mermaidlorelei

I just wanted to say that banner art with Strider is awesome:D I just noticed it

@Decaffeinated here's my lore:)

49356359_350.png

"Wow," gushed Maokai. "You look more like a princess than I do."
Pearl looked over to the mirror. Her purple-pink scales did look splendid with the white flowers. And her pearl shone more colorfully than most, which made the fabric of the Dryad's Guise look shimmery. She allowed herself a small smile.
The lair bell tolled just then, humming with authority through the stone floor. Maokai looked towards the door, and panic tore through Pearl.
"Get it off me!" She struggled with the armholes, dropping her pearl in the process. It cracked on the ground, sending a violent shudder through her. "Please! The king will be here any second!"
Maokai laughed. "I told you it'll be fine. Maybe we should leave it, just to see how he'll react."
"Maokai--"
She didn't get to finish her sentence, because a knock sounded at the door. Maokai bounced over to open it, and Pearl could do nothing but fearfully inspect the jagged crack in her pearl.
"Hello, Father."
"Good morning, Maokai," the ancient Imperial king's voice boomed. He stepped into the room, ducking to avoid the top of the doorway. "They're having your favorite for lunch today, swan." He glanced casually over at Pearl, and she froze. "What's this?"
Maokai giggled and came to stand beside her companion. "Looks good, right? I figured, why can't the servants wear apparel too? Pearl deserves to look pretty, doesn't she?"
The king was silent for a moment. Pearl was quite sure she was about to throw up.
"I was worried she'd corrupt you eventually," he said finally. "Making you give up your most important possessions is only the first step. I told Calanthe we never should have taken in a Plague dragon. We'll have to terminate this companion and order you a new one. Now come along to lunch, dear."
He turned and started to leave. Maokai stared after him, stammering. Pearl felt her eyes welling up. Terminated.
"But, Father," Maokai cried, "Pearl and I have been together since we were hatchlings!"
"You'll adjust to the new companion quickly. Don't argue with me, please, little one."
When he'd gone, Maokai put her nose to Pearl's face. "No worries," she said with shaky confidence. "No one will take you from me, my friend. I'll think of something."
QFXpYkj.png
@Moonchild42 Thank you! I can't take the credit though, that was all @alitema!
@Moonchild42 Thank you! I can't take the credit though, that was all @alitema!
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@mermaidlorelei [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45289194] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/452892/45289194_350.png[/img] [/url] I’m going to change her name to Muriel. I’ve got plenty of scrolls, so no need to burn one from the Hatchery. ------------ Muriel was an odd duck. Actually less of a duck and more of a dragon. Bogsneaks were notorious loners who lurked alone in swamps with disagreeable dispositions. As the odd dragon out, Muriel enjoyed the company of others. She loved a good exchange of news from strangers or a drawn out yarn everyone else groaned about. They had heard it one hundred and two times, but it was new to her. If she had ears like a Pearlcatcher they’d be flitting ten ways in five minutes trying to catch all the latest gossip. When she wandered into the enormous Clan which called itself Wolf Home, she plopped her scaly rump down in the middle of it. They were very welcoming and were renovating heavily. Enormous lairs were being expanded and their wealth was almost as overwhelming as the amount of familiars which ran, flew, scurried, shed, screeched, perched and galloped. Muriel once found herself admiring a Wildclaw’s handsome, glittering doorstop. Then the thing spoke quite politely to her and it asked her to take her paw off its tail. She’d never encountered a Golden Idol before. Fascinating! The stories it had to tell, too. She supposed being a doorstop wasn’t a particularly interesting profession, giving it a great deal of time to amuse itself. The Clan didn’t seem to mind that she was unusual, and she made herself at home in a large mud bath. It was soothing to her scales and she sank comfortably all the way down to her chin. A number of Pearlcatchers were in attendance, all of them happily gossiping. “Frankly, I’m tired of it.” Calypso lazily fanned her face with the tip of a wing. Like her bewhiskered counterparts, she held her pearl high above the sludgy brown surface in a loop of tail. Qinglong yawned, feigning boredom. Muriel could tell by his glinting eye that he was really fascinated by the conversation. “Bearclaw is practically a barbarian. I can hardly believe he’s part of [i]our[/i] esteemed society. He’s always tramping around with that mate of his. You all know the one?” Multiple maned heads nodded eagerly. They knew exactly who. Muriel started to ask, but Quinlong continued with the relish of one holding a succulent bit of food. “They’re always bringing something back to the Clan which has been clubbed over the head or mangled. Of course it gets eaten, but stars and shoals, how can anyone really [i]appreciate[/i] it?” “Mine was still moving,” another Pearlcatcher huffed. “I’m not sure which is worse,” Quinlong drawled, “mutilated beyond recognition or still trying to run away.” “Trying to run away,” chorused the knot of gossips blandly. “I suppose you’re right. You’d think with this mob living around here that [i]someone[/i] could do [i]something[/i] with those messy parcels Joyleaf and Bearclaw deposit into the food hoards.” “You mean?” Muriel interrupted, raising her thick neck up and startling several idle Pearlcatchers who hadn’t noticed her. “You don’t have a proper chef?” “Who are [i]you?[/i]” Quinlong fixed her with a beady eye. “I’m a chef." They weren't the only ones who could look pleased with themselves. "If you show me to your hoard and stoke up some cook fires I can do things with a stew of shockshank, raspberry and sweetgrass which you wouldn’t believe!” Excited, she used her powerful forelegs to heave herself clear of the mud. “Let me have a good wash and I’ll prove it.” “Well….” Calypso and Quinlong seemed to be in dubious, silent communication on the matter. A few wings fanned more quickly and all eyes shifted back and forth toward Muriel. “Well,” she repeated slowly, “I suppose it wouldn’t hurt?” A reluctant mutter of agreement rippled through the other Pearlcatchers and Quinlong pulled himself ashore. “I’ll show you the way.” -------------- Quinlong [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38204694] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/382047/38204694_350.png[/img] [/url] Joyleaf [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49205513] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/492056/49205513_350.png[/img] [/url] Bearclaw [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48998831] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/489989/48998831_350.png[/img] [/url] Calypso [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47614175] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/476142/47614175_350.png[/img] [/url]
@mermaidlorelei

45289194_350.png

I’m going to change her name to Muriel. I’ve got plenty of scrolls, so no need to burn one from the Hatchery.

Muriel was an odd duck. Actually less of a duck and more of a dragon. Bogsneaks were notorious loners who lurked alone in swamps with disagreeable dispositions. As the odd dragon out, Muriel enjoyed the company of others. She loved a good exchange of news from strangers or a drawn out yarn everyone else groaned about. They had heard it one hundred and two times, but it was new to her. If she had ears like a Pearlcatcher they’d be flitting ten ways in five minutes trying to catch all the latest gossip.

When she wandered into the enormous Clan which called itself Wolf Home, she plopped her scaly rump down in the middle of it. They were very welcoming and were renovating heavily. Enormous lairs were being expanded and their wealth was almost as overwhelming as the amount of familiars which ran, flew, scurried, shed, screeched, perched and galloped.

Muriel once found herself admiring a Wildclaw’s handsome, glittering doorstop. Then the thing spoke quite politely to her and it asked her to take her paw off its tail. She’d never encountered a Golden Idol before. Fascinating! The stories it had to tell, too. She supposed being a doorstop wasn’t a particularly interesting profession, giving it a great deal of time to amuse itself.

The Clan didn’t seem to mind that she was unusual, and she made herself at home in a large mud bath. It was soothing to her scales and she sank comfortably all the way down to her chin.

A number of Pearlcatchers were in attendance, all of them happily gossiping.

“Frankly, I’m tired of it.” Calypso lazily fanned her face with the tip of a wing. Like her bewhiskered counterparts, she held her pearl high above the sludgy brown surface in a loop of tail.

Qinglong yawned, feigning boredom. Muriel could tell by his glinting eye that he was really fascinated by the conversation. “Bearclaw is practically a barbarian. I can hardly believe he’s part of our esteemed society. He’s always tramping around with that mate of his. You all know the one?”

Multiple maned heads nodded eagerly. They knew exactly who. Muriel started to ask, but Quinlong continued with the relish of one holding a succulent bit of food. “They’re always bringing something back to the Clan which has been clubbed over the head or mangled. Of course it gets eaten, but stars and shoals, how can anyone really appreciate it?”

“Mine was still moving,” another Pearlcatcher huffed.

“I’m not sure which is worse,” Quinlong drawled, “mutilated beyond recognition or still trying to run away.”

“Trying to run away,” chorused the knot of gossips blandly.

“I suppose you’re right. You’d think with this mob living around here that someone could do something with those messy parcels Joyleaf and Bearclaw deposit into the food hoards.”

“You mean?” Muriel interrupted, raising her thick neck up and startling several idle Pearlcatchers who hadn’t noticed her. “You don’t have a proper chef?”

“Who are you?” Quinlong fixed her with a beady eye.

“I’m a chef." They weren't the only ones who could look pleased with themselves. "If you show me to your hoard and stoke up some cook fires I can do things with a stew of shockshank, raspberry and sweetgrass which you wouldn’t believe!” Excited, she used her powerful forelegs to heave herself clear of the mud. “Let me have a good wash and I’ll prove it.”

“Well….” Calypso and Quinlong seemed to be in dubious, silent communication on the matter. A few wings fanned more quickly and all eyes shifted back and forth toward Muriel. “Well,” she repeated slowly, “I suppose it wouldn’t hurt?”

A reluctant mutter of agreement rippled through the other Pearlcatchers and Quinlong pulled himself ashore. “I’ll show you the way.”

Quinlong

38204694_350.png

Joyleaf

49205513_350.png

Bearclaw

48998831_350.png

Calypso

47614175_350.png
@mermaidlorelei sorry for the bother, but could I get a 1-day extension for my hold? ^^;
@mermaidlorelei sorry for the bother, but could I get a 1-day extension for my hold? ^^;
D7wuvpn.png
@Whuffie I didn't realize MY old bog girl was going to be your new cook! That makes it even better! [emoji=heart] @Scyshe You may, yes. @dartrix Your hold has been cancelled.
@Whuffie I didn't realize MY old bog girl was going to be your new cook! That makes it even better!

@Scyshe You may, yes.

@dartrix Your hold has been cancelled.
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@Moonchild42 Aww I wonder what's going to happen to them next?
@Moonchild42 Aww I wonder what's going to happen to them next?
1 2 ... 176 177 178 179 180 ... 706 707