Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Writer's Rescue: Lore Galore!
1 2 ... 101 102 103 104 105 ... 706 707
@Decaffeinated

Oh great! I always have lots of babies that I think look really neat but don't fit in with my lair. I'll drop some by sometime!
@Decaffeinated

Oh great! I always have lots of babies that I think look really neat but don't fit in with my lair. I'll drop some by sometime!
button_by_cas_a_fras-dclednr.png 20181024_graphic1_by_death_in_the_orchard-dcqadff.png
@mermaidlorelei

Lore for him! I named him Copper
"Copper." She repeated, rolling the word around in her mouth, "Fitting."

"What do you mean?" He asked the other Skydancer. He had tried to fit her into a category with the other dragons he had met, but he could only place her in 'Unique Weirdness.'

"It fits your colors." She said. "The copper of you underbelly and wings. The blue highlights in your feathers, like rust. Copper. A strong metal, hard to change, like the earth, where you came from. It fits."

"Oh, uh." Copper didn't quite know how to respond. Now that he thought about it, his name really did fit him. Though he was still pretty sure his parents were pretty lazy when naming him after the color of his wings. "Um, what's your name?"

"Soul," She replied, spreading her wings. They had patterns that looked scarily like eyes on them, as if her entire body was staring into his soul.

Maybe that's where her name came from. "Oh, um. That's nice."

"Did you choose your name?"

Copper shook his head, "No. My parents decided." He paused a moment, "Did you choose yours?"

"Yes," She fell silent, looking out towards the band of blue on the horizon. The sea. Where she must have come from, he realized. Did she miss her home?

"A little," She replied, and he realized he must have said something aloud.

She stood, and turned, surprising him. She had been sitting there, so still, for so long. He watched her as she left, her dainty talons barely leaving imprints in the grass as she disappeared into the lair.

Copper thought about the exchange for a moment, and decided that she was still in the 'Unique Weirdness' category. He looked north, knowing that far, far away was the World Pillar, surrounded by the rocky dry land that had once been his home.

He missed it, like Soul missed the sea. But she had been able to move on, hadn't she?

Maybe he could too.
@mermaidlorelei

Lore for him! I named him Copper
"Copper." She repeated, rolling the word around in her mouth, "Fitting."

"What do you mean?" He asked the other Skydancer. He had tried to fit her into a category with the other dragons he had met, but he could only place her in 'Unique Weirdness.'

"It fits your colors." She said. "The copper of you underbelly and wings. The blue highlights in your feathers, like rust. Copper. A strong metal, hard to change, like the earth, where you came from. It fits."

"Oh, uh." Copper didn't quite know how to respond. Now that he thought about it, his name really did fit him. Though he was still pretty sure his parents were pretty lazy when naming him after the color of his wings. "Um, what's your name?"

"Soul," She replied, spreading her wings. They had patterns that looked scarily like eyes on them, as if her entire body was staring into his soul.

Maybe that's where her name came from. "Oh, um. That's nice."

"Did you choose your name?"

Copper shook his head, "No. My parents decided." He paused a moment, "Did you choose yours?"

"Yes," She fell silent, looking out towards the band of blue on the horizon. The sea. Where she must have come from, he realized. Did she miss her home?

"A little," She replied, and he realized he must have said something aloud.

She stood, and turned, surprising him. She had been sitting there, so still, for so long. He watched her as she left, her dainty talons barely leaving imprints in the grass as she disappeared into the lair.

Copper thought about the exchange for a moment, and decided that she was still in the 'Unique Weirdness' category. He looked north, knowing that far, far away was the World Pillar, surrounded by the rocky dry land that had once been his home.

He missed it, like Soul missed the sea. But she had been able to move on, hadn't she?

Maybe he could too.
20181024_graphic1_by_death_in_the_orchard-dcqadff.png
@Decaffeinated

For the weekly lotto dragon~

It ended up... pretty long
The egg cracked open along its seams, peeling away around the hatchling. She tumbled into the embrace of soft grass and fertile soil, surrounded by bright flowers that filled the air with a soft sweet scent. A brook bubbled nearby, and on the other side was a small cluster of trees.

The hatchling first noticed that the world around her was really, really, pretty. The second thing she noticed was that she was completely alone.

She wobbled onto her feet, experimenting with how her weight shifted. She spread her wings– and instantly toppled over, only to climb up onto all four legs once more.

After figuring out how to move all her muscles, the Fae started exploring. She nosed a flower and nearly got stung by a bee, except she ate it first. It tasted nice, so found some more and crunched down on them as well.

She didn't know that her parents had died, was unaware of all they sacrificed only to have her hatch alone. All she knew was that she liked the world so far.
Wistala stood, her tail swishing against the ground and pushing the grass. The sun was rising, spreading pieces of light blocked by long shadows. The sky was painted red and pink and gold, lighting up the trees in a thousand different shades.

"Hello,"

She flinched at the interruption, but composed herself. "Hi."

"I don't know how you wake up so early every day."

"Snappers don't sleep."

"Yes," The Skydancer admitted, plopping herself down on the grass. "But you're not a Snapper. And I'm not either." She quieted for a moment, "But… it really is pretty."

"I know."

They lapsed into silence, as both watched the sun struggle to climb up into the sky.

"What's it that's always on you're mind?" The Skydancer said after a few moments. She glanced down at Wistala.

"Hmm?" She asked, meeting the larger dragon's gaze. She fidgeted with a small blade of grass, nearly uprooting it.

"You're always in thought. I was just wondering, what do you think about?"

"Well, a lot of things. But mostly about if I should leave this clan."

A pause, then, "Wait, why would you do that?" The Skydancer stood, her purple crest spiked. Sort of like a Fae's really.

Wistala thought for a moment, "It's just I'm not doing too much here. The clan doesn't need me. They already have plenty of dragons, and I feel like I'm not doing anything."

"It's only around thirty."

"And rapidly growing. I think I should just move on."

"But-"

"And I want to find my parents."

This seemed to surprise the other dragon for a moment. "They're definitely dead. There's no way-"

"Then I'll figure out what killed them. I should leave. There isn't much for me here."

The Skydancer relented, "In the end, it's your choice. Just, if you do leave, just, keep in touch, alright?"

Wistala nodded, "Of course, I will."
Running into an oversized bee was not the way Wistala had planned to spend her evening.

The… thing had ambushed her from behind a bush, complete with loud buzzing and yellow bits of pollen flying everywhere.

She was pretty sure such an experience would be traumatic for anyone, especially when you happened to be tiny and very alone.

Most bees weren't that scary for her; after all, she ate them for a daily meal. But then again, this one was pretty big and probably wouldn't fit in her mouth.

It buzzed at her, in a way that was probably meant to be imitating.

She dashed into the bush, just as the bee was joined by one of its kin. She closed her eyes, feeling the magical tug of the world around her. And carefully, she caught the magic, channeling it through her. It was on.
As she chewed on the giant bee's leg, she decided it really didn't taste that bad. And the tactics she had been taught by a Fae at her last clan had been helpful. All the environment stuff. She didn't really remember.

She looked ahead, and suddenly began to doubt her plan. She had been planning to go around the continent, but it wouldn't bring her closer to her parents. It was nothing but aimless wandering. Drifting.

Well, she didn't have anything to lose. She could drift.

Until she found exactly where she belonged.
"Hi!"

Wistala looked up in surprise. It was a Nocturne, colored in yellow and red. "Oh, um. Hi."

"I haven't seen you around before."

"I haven't been here before."

The Nocturne nodded, seeming oblivious to Wistala's growing irritation. "That makes sense. Then why are you here?"

Her interest seemed genuine, so Wistala replied, "Just trying to find a clan that I like."

"You can try mine."

Wistala shook her head. "Probably not. I've been exploring for a while."

"You'll probably like it. We have a bunch of weird dragons, we're all from different places. Even me! I was an orphan, but I do like this place. It's like the parents I never knew."

Wistala froze. "Wait. Okay. I'll try it out. Wait, what's your name?"

"Acacia."

"I'm Wistala. Acacia, mind leading the way?"

"Not at all!"
"What's wrong?" Acacia asked as they entered. The entire place was in chaos, dragons in every shade possible arguing and shouting.

An Imperial glanced at them. "Seriously? Another clan member?" Another Imperial next to her shushed her.

"It's an Emperor." He explained, "Four heads, wrecking havoc around here. And it's a big problem, we have Imperials here and if-" He stopped, "It isn't good."

Wistala paused. She had heard that name before. She didn't know if this clan would be a good fit for her yet, but she wouldn't let that thing rip them apart. They didn't deserve to have their families torn apart, like hers had been. "I'll help."

Acacia shook her head, "No, it's too-"

"I'm not letting them take anyone away from you."
@Decaffeinated

For the weekly lotto dragon~

It ended up... pretty long
The egg cracked open along its seams, peeling away around the hatchling. She tumbled into the embrace of soft grass and fertile soil, surrounded by bright flowers that filled the air with a soft sweet scent. A brook bubbled nearby, and on the other side was a small cluster of trees.

The hatchling first noticed that the world around her was really, really, pretty. The second thing she noticed was that she was completely alone.

She wobbled onto her feet, experimenting with how her weight shifted. She spread her wings– and instantly toppled over, only to climb up onto all four legs once more.

After figuring out how to move all her muscles, the Fae started exploring. She nosed a flower and nearly got stung by a bee, except she ate it first. It tasted nice, so found some more and crunched down on them as well.

She didn't know that her parents had died, was unaware of all they sacrificed only to have her hatch alone. All she knew was that she liked the world so far.
Wistala stood, her tail swishing against the ground and pushing the grass. The sun was rising, spreading pieces of light blocked by long shadows. The sky was painted red and pink and gold, lighting up the trees in a thousand different shades.

"Hello,"

She flinched at the interruption, but composed herself. "Hi."

"I don't know how you wake up so early every day."

"Snappers don't sleep."

"Yes," The Skydancer admitted, plopping herself down on the grass. "But you're not a Snapper. And I'm not either." She quieted for a moment, "But… it really is pretty."

"I know."

They lapsed into silence, as both watched the sun struggle to climb up into the sky.

"What's it that's always on you're mind?" The Skydancer said after a few moments. She glanced down at Wistala.

"Hmm?" She asked, meeting the larger dragon's gaze. She fidgeted with a small blade of grass, nearly uprooting it.

"You're always in thought. I was just wondering, what do you think about?"

"Well, a lot of things. But mostly about if I should leave this clan."

A pause, then, "Wait, why would you do that?" The Skydancer stood, her purple crest spiked. Sort of like a Fae's really.

Wistala thought for a moment, "It's just I'm not doing too much here. The clan doesn't need me. They already have plenty of dragons, and I feel like I'm not doing anything."

"It's only around thirty."

"And rapidly growing. I think I should just move on."

"But-"

"And I want to find my parents."

This seemed to surprise the other dragon for a moment. "They're definitely dead. There's no way-"

"Then I'll figure out what killed them. I should leave. There isn't much for me here."

The Skydancer relented, "In the end, it's your choice. Just, if you do leave, just, keep in touch, alright?"

Wistala nodded, "Of course, I will."
Running into an oversized bee was not the way Wistala had planned to spend her evening.

The… thing had ambushed her from behind a bush, complete with loud buzzing and yellow bits of pollen flying everywhere.

She was pretty sure such an experience would be traumatic for anyone, especially when you happened to be tiny and very alone.

Most bees weren't that scary for her; after all, she ate them for a daily meal. But then again, this one was pretty big and probably wouldn't fit in her mouth.

It buzzed at her, in a way that was probably meant to be imitating.

She dashed into the bush, just as the bee was joined by one of its kin. She closed her eyes, feeling the magical tug of the world around her. And carefully, she caught the magic, channeling it through her. It was on.
As she chewed on the giant bee's leg, she decided it really didn't taste that bad. And the tactics she had been taught by a Fae at her last clan had been helpful. All the environment stuff. She didn't really remember.

She looked ahead, and suddenly began to doubt her plan. She had been planning to go around the continent, but it wouldn't bring her closer to her parents. It was nothing but aimless wandering. Drifting.

Well, she didn't have anything to lose. She could drift.

Until she found exactly where she belonged.
"Hi!"

Wistala looked up in surprise. It was a Nocturne, colored in yellow and red. "Oh, um. Hi."

"I haven't seen you around before."

"I haven't been here before."

The Nocturne nodded, seeming oblivious to Wistala's growing irritation. "That makes sense. Then why are you here?"

Her interest seemed genuine, so Wistala replied, "Just trying to find a clan that I like."

"You can try mine."

Wistala shook her head. "Probably not. I've been exploring for a while."

"You'll probably like it. We have a bunch of weird dragons, we're all from different places. Even me! I was an orphan, but I do like this place. It's like the parents I never knew."

Wistala froze. "Wait. Okay. I'll try it out. Wait, what's your name?"

"Acacia."

"I'm Wistala. Acacia, mind leading the way?"

"Not at all!"
"What's wrong?" Acacia asked as they entered. The entire place was in chaos, dragons in every shade possible arguing and shouting.

An Imperial glanced at them. "Seriously? Another clan member?" Another Imperial next to her shushed her.

"It's an Emperor." He explained, "Four heads, wrecking havoc around here. And it's a big problem, we have Imperials here and if-" He stopped, "It isn't good."

Wistala paused. She had heard that name before. She didn't know if this clan would be a good fit for her yet, but she wouldn't let that thing rip them apart. They didn't deserve to have their families torn apart, like hers had been. "I'll help."

Acacia shook her head, "No, it's too-"

"I'm not letting them take anyone away from you."
20181024_graphic1_by_death_in_the_orchard-dcqadff.png
@Decaffeinated can I claim this girl? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48770450] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/487705/48770450_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Decaffeinated can I claim this girl?

48770450_350.png
QFXpYkj.png
@Decaffeinated, if Dexter is still available may I claim him please? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48315203] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/483153/48315203_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Decaffeinated, if Dexter is still available may I claim him please?

48315203_350.png
tumblr_psop43zu2D1ugssd3o1_100.png _________asexual.png _________ tumblr_psop43zu2D1ugssd3o3_100.png
@Decaffeinated - Here's the lore for Spellshadow. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48754932] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/487550/48754932_350.png[/img] [/url] With his crystal blue eyes glowing with wonder, Spell, a bright, little dragonet, peered up at the twinkling lights swirling in the ebony-black night sky, reaching for the glimmering stars with his tiny talons. "Look, mother! I can catch the stars," he mumbled dreamily, gazing at the river of stars as if he was entranced. "That's very nice, my dear, but we should probably head back to the lair now. Your father and siblings are all waiting for you before we settle for the night," Vera muttered, glancing at the darkness uneasily. Spell drooped his wings sadly, heaving a wistful sigh. He stared at the whirling lights for a long moment before letting his mother herd him back to the lair to join his many siblings. Every night was like this with his parents insisting that they go back into the safety of the cave before night fell. Surely there was more magic to see within the darkness as well. Spell didn't know, always longing to find out. The lights always whispered to him, crying out his name in a desperate attempt to make him join them. If he focused on one, he could faintly see the spirit of a dragon lingering within. He wished he could reach for the lonely beings, becoming friends or companions with them. Instead, he listened to the harsh scolding of his parents, letting the spirits fade away one by one within the darkening sky. Now, one whole week away from his hatchday, Spell was still staring at the night sky, squinting at the lone star that glistened dimly in the dark. Trying to ignore the ache in his heart, he half-heartedly lifted a trembling talon to the light, hesitantly trying to grasp the magic within. "Come away, Spell," his mother called from the entrance of the lair. "You know how dangerous the night is. Your brothers, sisters, and f-father... They're g-gone all because of the m-monsters within the dark. I n-need you s-safe." "I'm sorry, mother," Spell whispered in a barely audible voice, glancing at the lone star drifting nearby. "You and father have been retraining my entire life, tearing me apart from my fate. It wasn't the monster's fault that they passed away. It was the souls! Can't you hear them? They need us. They need me. We must embrace the darkness to find the light!" "What nonsense is that? Come back here immediately, Spell!" "I- I'm not Spell anymore. From this moment forth, I will be Spellshadow!" he declared beneath the silver glow of the murmuring moon, clutching the lone star in the sky to the kindling warmth of his heart.
@Decaffeinated - Here's the lore for Spellshadow.

48754932_350.png

With his crystal blue eyes glowing with wonder, Spell, a bright, little dragonet, peered up at the twinkling lights swirling in the ebony-black night sky, reaching for the glimmering stars with his tiny talons.
"Look, mother! I can catch the stars," he mumbled dreamily, gazing at the river of stars as if he was entranced.
"That's very nice, my dear, but we should probably head back to the lair now. Your father and siblings are all waiting for you before we settle for the night," Vera muttered, glancing at the darkness uneasily.
Spell drooped his wings sadly, heaving a wistful sigh. He stared at the whirling lights for a long moment before letting his mother herd him back to the lair to join his many siblings. Every night was like this with his parents insisting that they go back into the safety of the cave before night fell. Surely there was more magic to see within the darkness as well.
Spell didn't know, always longing to find out. The lights always whispered to him, crying out his name in a desperate attempt to make him join them. If he focused on one, he could faintly see the spirit of a dragon lingering within. He wished he could reach for the lonely beings, becoming friends or companions with them. Instead, he listened to the harsh scolding of his parents, letting the spirits fade away one by one within the darkening sky.

Now, one whole week away from his hatchday, Spell was still staring at the night sky, squinting at the lone star that glistened dimly in the dark. Trying to ignore the ache in his heart, he half-heartedly lifted a trembling talon to the light, hesitantly trying to grasp the magic within.
"Come away, Spell," his mother called from the entrance of the lair. "You know how dangerous the night is. Your brothers, sisters, and f-father... They're g-gone all because of the m-monsters within the dark. I n-need you s-safe."
"I'm sorry, mother," Spell whispered in a barely audible voice, glancing at the lone star drifting nearby. "You and father have been retraining my entire life, tearing me apart from my fate. It wasn't the monster's fault that they passed away. It was the souls! Can't you hear them? They need us. They need me. We must embrace the darkness to find the light!"
"What nonsense is that? Come back here immediately, Spell!"
"I- I'm not Spell anymore. From this moment forth, I will be Spellshadow!" he declared beneath the silver glow of the murmuring moon, clutching the lone star in the sky to the kindling warmth of his heart.
Wing-L.pngtumblr_inline_ot7n34SysT1soemy4_75sq.pngWing-R.png
Listen to the melody of the murmuring moon.
@Decaffeinated
Finding this thread made my day! I'm so excited! Could you please add me to the General Pinglist?
@Decaffeinated
Finding this thread made my day! I'm so excited! Could you please add me to the General Pinglist?
Bu33PqP.png
@aquilaaltair Oh dear, that's quite a way to gain a new design! O.O' (He's on his way.)

To everyone else, I will read the rest of your submissions as soon as I return home! I have a minor emergency and need to run!
@aquilaaltair Oh dear, that's quite a way to gain a new design! O.O' (He's on his way.)

To everyone else, I will read the rest of your submissions as soon as I return home! I have a minor emergency and need to run!
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@Decaffinated

Heya! I have a dragon named Charn:
http://flightrising.com/main.phpp=lair&id=438003&tab=dragon&did=46419087

I'd like to donate, please ping me if you would like him! OwO
@Decaffinated

Heya! I have a dragon named Charn:
http://flightrising.com/main.phpp=lair&id=438003&tab=dragon&did=46419087

I'd like to donate, please ping me if you would like him! OwO
@oribi That was an adventure and a half! I'll be sending your little fighter to her new clan in a minute ^-^

@Moonchild42 Held!

@ofkismetandkalon He is. Held!

@dragonfairy1034 I'm so curious to find out what happens next xD This concept is very interesting!

@Tritail Thank you for offering but could you send us a pm next time, please? It's much easier to adress that sort of requests there. There's some rules about it in the first post so you know what to include in that mail next time.

@Moonpearl You've been added to the pinglist! Welcome to the Writer's Hatchery ^-^
@oribi That was an adventure and a half! I'll be sending your little fighter to her new clan in a minute ^-^

@Moonchild42 Held!

@ofkismetandkalon He is. Held!

@dragonfairy1034 I'm so curious to find out what happens next xD This concept is very interesting!

@Tritail Thank you for offering but could you send us a pm next time, please? It's much easier to adress that sort of requests there. There's some rules about it in the first post so you know what to include in that mail next time.

@Moonpearl You've been added to the pinglist! Welcome to the Writer's Hatchery ^-^
1 2 ... 101 102 103 104 105 ... 706 707