Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Storyteller's Raffle- (Closed)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
[Just In Case Held Spot]
[Just In Case Held Spot]
arOGchX.png
[One more in case something like affiliates come up or something weird like another writing prompt]
[One more in case something like affiliates come up or something weird like another writing prompt]
arOGchX.png
And, we are officially open!
And, we are officially open!
arOGchX.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/CBQkxv6.png[/img][/center]
CBQkxv6.png
arOGchX.png
CBQkxv6.png
arOGchX.png
CBQkxv6.png
arOGchX.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/CBQkxv6.png[/img][/center] [s]Well it won't let me delete the double post[/s] Aha success, no more double
CBQkxv6.png
Well it won't let me delete the double post
Aha success, no more double
arOGchX.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/CBQkxv6.png[/img][/center] [i]I certainly hope this entire idea works out.[/i]
CBQkxv6.png

I certainly hope this entire idea works out.
arOGchX.png
CBQkxv6.png
arOGchX.png
Dear Arcaniss:

I heard you wanted a cheesy love story, and the first thing I thought of was how I met my mate Taga- really, it’s quite sad how quickly I fell for him. He may be clumsy and, erm, not the best looking (not to say that I don’t like how he looks! I’m just saying that, uh… he may not be the… prettiest dragon out there… I promise you I’m not a horrible person.) But yes, even though Taga does have his faults, I love him to death and I’m more than happy to share our story.

I think it was about four summers ago when Taga first came to our clan. We had just finished the construction of an astronomy tower, a project spearheaded by yours truly. I had dedicated my time to working on the tower after my previous mate Decimos left me. He took our hatchlings with him, as well. Ugh, it’s embarrassing to think of how easily I let him charm me. Long, emotionally painful story short, Decimos and I met in the forest one day while I was gathering insects. He was a wanderer, wanting to “find himself”. What a disgusting lie. He asked me about my clan and what I did there. I told him of my quest to copy down the ancient legends in our library, and he seemed so intrigued that I pulled out a scroll I was working on and read what I had to him.

He said my writing was beautiful, seduced me with the praise I so badly wanted from my clanmates.

The next season I found myself sitting on a clutch of our eggs, wondering how things had escalated so fast. It seemed just like a story of true love at the time- a travelling prince meets a lonely, misunderstood princess and takes her under his wing, to protect and care for her. I wished for our so-called “love” to never end. But as soon as the eggs hatched, he up and left with the hatchlings.

He never even said goodbye.

Needless to say, Decimos didn’t give me a great impression of wanderers. So when a travelling Bogsneak bard appeared outside the clan one day, I decided to not fall for the same trap again and refused to even look at him. He must have thought I was some sort of stuck up... priss. But even though I had elected for the entire world to revolve around me, the Bogsneak just kept singing and dancing and playing his instruments in the center of the clan proper. It irritated me to no end. He was so gaudy, with orange and blue spots and red eyes and a yellow flower crown. And he was just so… loud. Unrefined. Windsinger above, I absolutely could not stand him.

But he didn’t seem to care about how much he annoyed me. He kept on doing what he loved- being a bard, telling stories, singing songs- and never once cared about how I felt about him. And there was something about that... uncaringness that called to me. I deigned to watch one of his performances, just out of curiosity. As the other members of the clan gathered to see this eyesore do whatever it is he was going to do, I took a good look at them to see if they had the same hesitations I did. Instead of sharing my concerns, they appeared excited and seemed to love this odd, eccentric dragon. I didn’t understand their elation- that is, until that very dragon began to recite one of the ancient legends.

It sounded wonderful in his rough baritone. The words fit so perfectly in the melody he wove them into. I was stunned that this masterpiece of sound could come from something so ugly. It didn’t seem right- but then again, there was never anything “right” about him. He was painful to look at but when he danced his colors flashed in a mesmerizing rainbow, more beautiful than any shining fish in the sea or soaring bird in the sky. His red eyes were unsettling but when he sang they glittered with such pure passion for the words he so loved…

And, before I knew it, I was humming along to the tune. I knew the words to the legend, of course. I had studied it meticulously, so I could do it proper justice when I rewrote it for the clan’s library. I figured the Bogsneak wouldn’t notice my change of heart through the crowd of celebrating dragons, but my luck seemed to be with me that day (of course at the time I thought it was terrible luck, but as I write this now I see how mistaken I was), for the bard approached me and fearlessly took my claws in his. He whirled me around the plaza and we sang and sang and sang… It was the best day of my life. I forgot about Decimos entirely as we danced the day away.
It was sunset when we finally stopped. The time had flown by so fast. We sat down together on one of the many steppes surrounding my home. An odd but not uncomfortable silence accompanied us. It was a while before he turned to me and, in a surprisingly twangy accent, said:

“Pardon, miss. I’ve seen ya around and can’t say I’ve properly met ya. I know ya’ve been avoidin’ my performances and would ya mind if I gave a question as to why?”

I was mortified. I hadn’t considered at all how my behavior would affect him. I could barely respond. I looked down at the ground in shame, and in the weakest whisper, muttered,

“I… I’m sorry. I judged you too quickly… I, uh, I really shouldn't have, um-”

He interrupted me before I could finish. “Is’alright, Miss. I do get it. I know I’m not really the best lookin’ fellow out there an’ I’m sure you’ve had some fairly… shady encounters with other travellers. Not to worry, I’ll be headin’ out soon. Be out of yer feathers.”

I slammed my claws down on the ground in surprise, then quickly picked them back up and hid them behind my back. “S-sorry. Again. It’s just, I’ve really only been to the...one performance, and I’d- oh Windsinger above, how do I say this- it’s just that i adore what you do. If you’re open to staying a few more weeks, or just a couple days longer...I’d really love that.”

To this day I don’t know why he agreed to stay after how I treated him, but I can’t say I’m complaining. We spent every day together, performing and, simply put, having a marvellous time. I taught him all I knew of astronomy and the sciences of the sky and he showed me how to navigate by the stars I so loved. I began to see myself not as a misunderstood princess, but as a common dragon in sore need of social practice- and the bogsneak, whose name I learned was Taga, was more than happy to provide me with what I needed. The world seemed perfect when we were together, as cliche as that sounds.

Until the storm hit.

As a member of the Wind flight I’m used to the heavy gusts that frequent the steppes our clan inhabits, so the hurricane didn’t bother me all that much. It was to my precious astronomy tower that the damage was done. It has just been built and was still unsteady, so the raging storm send it tumbling down, stone bricks scattering and the massive telescope lens I was so proud of shattering into a million pieces. I was devastated. It seemed I had lost everything- my mate, my hatchlings, my home…

I clutched at the shards of the lens desperately, hoping to the gods for some miracle to fix it. The winds battled around me, fierce and destructive and devastating. I laid in the carnage of my heart and my pride, letting the terrible storm steal my tears away. I stayed there for some amount of time undisturbed until I felt smooth scales beside me. A small wing reached to hold me close. I had not lost Taga, after all. And I found he was truly the most important thing to have- a mate who understands your shortcomings and knows exactly how to help you through them.

I asked Taga to be my mate shortly after the hurricane passed. He said yes without hesitation, and it filled my heart with love. He’s reading over my shoulder as I write this to you now, in fact. He says hi, and also wants you to know that the astronomy tower has since been rebuilt and fortified against high winds.

Taga and I have grown so incredibly close over the four years we spent together, and have finally made the decision to have our first clutch of eggs. We have converted the tower’s loft into a nursery and are praying for healthy hatchlings. I would like to thank you for listening to my sappy and very emotional story. I’m not quite sure how to end this letter, to be honest. So, until next time, I guess?

Wishing you fair winds,
Mariposa

P.S.- I hope my story was actually readable. I’ve been told my writing style can get a bit… overdramatic. And very wordy.
Dear Arcaniss:

I heard you wanted a cheesy love story, and the first thing I thought of was how I met my mate Taga- really, it’s quite sad how quickly I fell for him. He may be clumsy and, erm, not the best looking (not to say that I don’t like how he looks! I’m just saying that, uh… he may not be the… prettiest dragon out there… I promise you I’m not a horrible person.) But yes, even though Taga does have his faults, I love him to death and I’m more than happy to share our story.

I think it was about four summers ago when Taga first came to our clan. We had just finished the construction of an astronomy tower, a project spearheaded by yours truly. I had dedicated my time to working on the tower after my previous mate Decimos left me. He took our hatchlings with him, as well. Ugh, it’s embarrassing to think of how easily I let him charm me. Long, emotionally painful story short, Decimos and I met in the forest one day while I was gathering insects. He was a wanderer, wanting to “find himself”. What a disgusting lie. He asked me about my clan and what I did there. I told him of my quest to copy down the ancient legends in our library, and he seemed so intrigued that I pulled out a scroll I was working on and read what I had to him.

He said my writing was beautiful, seduced me with the praise I so badly wanted from my clanmates.

The next season I found myself sitting on a clutch of our eggs, wondering how things had escalated so fast. It seemed just like a story of true love at the time- a travelling prince meets a lonely, misunderstood princess and takes her under his wing, to protect and care for her. I wished for our so-called “love” to never end. But as soon as the eggs hatched, he up and left with the hatchlings.

He never even said goodbye.

Needless to say, Decimos didn’t give me a great impression of wanderers. So when a travelling Bogsneak bard appeared outside the clan one day, I decided to not fall for the same trap again and refused to even look at him. He must have thought I was some sort of stuck up... priss. But even though I had elected for the entire world to revolve around me, the Bogsneak just kept singing and dancing and playing his instruments in the center of the clan proper. It irritated me to no end. He was so gaudy, with orange and blue spots and red eyes and a yellow flower crown. And he was just so… loud. Unrefined. Windsinger above, I absolutely could not stand him.

But he didn’t seem to care about how much he annoyed me. He kept on doing what he loved- being a bard, telling stories, singing songs- and never once cared about how I felt about him. And there was something about that... uncaringness that called to me. I deigned to watch one of his performances, just out of curiosity. As the other members of the clan gathered to see this eyesore do whatever it is he was going to do, I took a good look at them to see if they had the same hesitations I did. Instead of sharing my concerns, they appeared excited and seemed to love this odd, eccentric dragon. I didn’t understand their elation- that is, until that very dragon began to recite one of the ancient legends.

It sounded wonderful in his rough baritone. The words fit so perfectly in the melody he wove them into. I was stunned that this masterpiece of sound could come from something so ugly. It didn’t seem right- but then again, there was never anything “right” about him. He was painful to look at but when he danced his colors flashed in a mesmerizing rainbow, more beautiful than any shining fish in the sea or soaring bird in the sky. His red eyes were unsettling but when he sang they glittered with such pure passion for the words he so loved…

And, before I knew it, I was humming along to the tune. I knew the words to the legend, of course. I had studied it meticulously, so I could do it proper justice when I rewrote it for the clan’s library. I figured the Bogsneak wouldn’t notice my change of heart through the crowd of celebrating dragons, but my luck seemed to be with me that day (of course at the time I thought it was terrible luck, but as I write this now I see how mistaken I was), for the bard approached me and fearlessly took my claws in his. He whirled me around the plaza and we sang and sang and sang… It was the best day of my life. I forgot about Decimos entirely as we danced the day away.
It was sunset when we finally stopped. The time had flown by so fast. We sat down together on one of the many steppes surrounding my home. An odd but not uncomfortable silence accompanied us. It was a while before he turned to me and, in a surprisingly twangy accent, said:

“Pardon, miss. I’ve seen ya around and can’t say I’ve properly met ya. I know ya’ve been avoidin’ my performances and would ya mind if I gave a question as to why?”

I was mortified. I hadn’t considered at all how my behavior would affect him. I could barely respond. I looked down at the ground in shame, and in the weakest whisper, muttered,

“I… I’m sorry. I judged you too quickly… I, uh, I really shouldn't have, um-”

He interrupted me before I could finish. “Is’alright, Miss. I do get it. I know I’m not really the best lookin’ fellow out there an’ I’m sure you’ve had some fairly… shady encounters with other travellers. Not to worry, I’ll be headin’ out soon. Be out of yer feathers.”

I slammed my claws down on the ground in surprise, then quickly picked them back up and hid them behind my back. “S-sorry. Again. It’s just, I’ve really only been to the...one performance, and I’d- oh Windsinger above, how do I say this- it’s just that i adore what you do. If you’re open to staying a few more weeks, or just a couple days longer...I’d really love that.”

To this day I don’t know why he agreed to stay after how I treated him, but I can’t say I’m complaining. We spent every day together, performing and, simply put, having a marvellous time. I taught him all I knew of astronomy and the sciences of the sky and he showed me how to navigate by the stars I so loved. I began to see myself not as a misunderstood princess, but as a common dragon in sore need of social practice- and the bogsneak, whose name I learned was Taga, was more than happy to provide me with what I needed. The world seemed perfect when we were together, as cliche as that sounds.

Until the storm hit.

As a member of the Wind flight I’m used to the heavy gusts that frequent the steppes our clan inhabits, so the hurricane didn’t bother me all that much. It was to my precious astronomy tower that the damage was done. It has just been built and was still unsteady, so the raging storm send it tumbling down, stone bricks scattering and the massive telescope lens I was so proud of shattering into a million pieces. I was devastated. It seemed I had lost everything- my mate, my hatchlings, my home…

I clutched at the shards of the lens desperately, hoping to the gods for some miracle to fix it. The winds battled around me, fierce and destructive and devastating. I laid in the carnage of my heart and my pride, letting the terrible storm steal my tears away. I stayed there for some amount of time undisturbed until I felt smooth scales beside me. A small wing reached to hold me close. I had not lost Taga, after all. And I found he was truly the most important thing to have- a mate who understands your shortcomings and knows exactly how to help you through them.

I asked Taga to be my mate shortly after the hurricane passed. He said yes without hesitation, and it filled my heart with love. He’s reading over my shoulder as I write this to you now, in fact. He says hi, and also wants you to know that the astronomy tower has since been rebuilt and fortified against high winds.

Taga and I have grown so incredibly close over the four years we spent together, and have finally made the decision to have our first clutch of eggs. We have converted the tower’s loft into a nursery and are praying for healthy hatchlings. I would like to thank you for listening to my sappy and very emotional story. I’m not quite sure how to end this letter, to be honest. So, until next time, I guess?

Wishing you fair winds,
Mariposa

P.S.- I hope my story was actually readable. I’ve been told my writing style can get a bit… overdramatic. And very wordy.
5iXiC8z.png
fDSaoY3.png
NN9NPXA.png
OxagJgG.png
J7D1quC.png
button_2_point_5.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20