Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [PlagueDOM] Riot of Rot OoF Raffle!
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 56 57
@Mirna @Plushstiel @literallyacat @RoamingMidnight
apologies for the delay, we've had a mishap with the spreadsheet (somebody got in and messed around with it; this is why we can't have nice things ;<;)
I'll get to logging all your lovely babes asap!!
@Mirna @Plushstiel @literallyacat @RoamingMidnight
apologies for the delay, we've had a mishap with the spreadsheet (somebody got in and messed around with it; this is why we can't have nice things ;<;)
I'll get to logging all your lovely babes asap!!
Seeking Old Dragons! Forever collecting October 1st 2013 dragons. Previously BeingOfNature
anim_86a53b49-f48f-6cb4-b922-5902a73d3a36.gif
Old Art Thread
3DS FC: 0259-0316-2794 Pokemon Y
@Neroli the sheet has been momentarily locked whilst we fix it! someone got in and caused chaos haha. I'll be around for a bit if you need an attendant! The payouts are also on the front page too c:

Bonuses are on the fr front page! mirror, jaguar and forest sec!!
@Neroli the sheet has been momentarily locked whilst we fix it! someone got in and caused chaos haha. I'll be around for a bit if you need an attendant! The payouts are also on the front page too c:

Seeking Old Dragons! Forever collecting October 1st 2013 dragons. Previously BeingOfNature
anim_86a53b49-f48f-6cb4-b922-5902a73d3a36.gif
Old Art Thread
3DS FC: 0259-0316-2794 Pokemon Y
@Being Oh goodness, that's okay! Sheets are very delicate creatures, i totally understand.
@Being Oh goodness, that's okay! Sheets are very delicate creatures, i totally understand.
iZNHxAi.gifXkGU4ms.gif1.png

@Plushstiel is my name
^^
^^
WpjbI2U.gif
@Being
Oh dear, wonder how that happened.. No worries though!
@Being
Oh dear, wonder how that happened.. No worries though!
2a637a7de4d6df46e5310a94398297c6a750660e.png7d9fa0c4fa4fea47a2ad2dc28742224e549c0e1f.pngb18f358dd4b8bb92de861b91e50652e933ebe5a3.png1e6dd825c1bc6e1e13c7d822f48c3fa359caa420.png
[quote name="Being" date="2018-10-21 12:01:04" ] @Neroli the sheet has been momentarily locked whilst we fix it! someone got in and caused chaos haha. I'll be around for a bit if you need an attendant! The payouts are also on the front page too c: Bonuses are on the fr front page! mirror, jaguar and forest sec!! [/quote] @Being It needs to remain locked to the public. Use attendants' emails to add them to a permitted editing list, and set the link to public but [b]view only[/b]. Everything done to the sheet looks to be mostly aesthetic as far as I can tell (and no I didn't do it, I'm just speaking up to prevent the same mistakes happening twice). This isn't a case of "this is why we can't have nice things" but instead a "this could have been way, way worse; aesthetic changes telling you to lock your sheet are EXTREMELY benign." Someone could have instead: [LIST] [*]slightly altered the ticket calculation formula so that when a dragon was entered at an unusual level to send for, it gave additional tickets, allowing them to subtly cheat. [*]added false entries (probably midway through the list so that an attendant would be less likely to notice) to cheat and give themselves free tickets [*]removed real entries from other players, increasing their odds and being very, very difficult to catch, especially if done hours or days later [*]changed the username on real entries, increasing their odds and being very, very difficult to catch, especially if done hours or days later [*]set attendants to busy/offline when they're not, making plague look like they had no attendants on, and causing some senders to just exalt their own dragons [*]changed the bonuses to try and trick attendants into overpaying [/LIST] And that's just a [i]short[/i] list that wouldn't take much effort to do. I'm sure people who are good with spreadsheet coding could make even more subtle but equally as disruptive (if not more) changes that could fly under the radar and cause big problems.
Being wrote on 2018-10-21 12:01:04:

@Being It needs to remain locked to the public. Use attendants' emails to add them to a permitted editing list, and set the link to public but view only.

Everything done to the sheet looks to be mostly aesthetic as far as I can tell (and no I didn't do it, I'm just speaking up to prevent the same mistakes happening twice). This isn't a case of "this is why we can't have nice things" but instead a "this could have been way, way worse; aesthetic changes telling you to lock your sheet are EXTREMELY benign."

Someone could have instead:
  • slightly altered the ticket calculation formula so that when a dragon was entered at an unusual level to send for, it gave additional tickets, allowing them to subtly cheat.
  • added false entries (probably midway through the list so that an attendant would be less likely to notice) to cheat and give themselves free tickets
  • removed real entries from other players, increasing their odds and being very, very difficult to catch, especially if done hours or days later
  • changed the username on real entries, increasing their odds and being very, very difficult to catch, especially if done hours or days later
  • set attendants to busy/offline when they're not, making plague look like they had no attendants on, and causing some senders to just exalt their own dragons
  • changed the bonuses to try and trick attendants into overpaying

And that's just a short list that wouldn't take much effort to do. I'm sure people who are good with spreadsheet coding could make even more subtle but equally as disruptive (if not more) changes that could fly under the radar and cause big problems.
o.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.png yCzY.png
Occasionally on unannounced/unplanned hiatus. See profile for Discord to contact off-site if needed for art reasons.
WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

Everything should be running again!
Everything should be running again!
rowan, FR+11
they/ze
Forgiving who you are for what you stand to gain
@Alestrius

Oh trust us. We know. An' as stated, we're fixing it while we speak. We know people aren't nice, the attack on our sheet is a lovely reminder an' we really don't need a lecture on how badly we've messed up.

Our head coder is currently not available, an' one of our other coders / spreadsheet workers is doing their absolute best to fix this absolute mess of a situation.

Please wait warmly while we survive. Thank you.
@Alestrius

Oh trust us. We know. An' as stated, we're fixing it while we speak. We know people aren't nice, the attack on our sheet is a lovely reminder an' we really don't need a lecture on how badly we've messed up.

Our head coder is currently not available, an' one of our other coders / spreadsheet workers is doing their absolute best to fix this absolute mess of a situation.

Please wait warmly while we survive. Thank you.
I'm back.
I am Online and receiving my friends please be patient as im also on the plague grab bags :)
I am Online and receiving my friends please be patient as im also on the plague grab bags :)
@KyraG I just explained why it was less of an attack and more of a "what the public can do to let you know." Yes, it would have been better for a simple "lock your sheet" than eyeblinding colours and a comic of things on fire and comic sans, but an attack on the sheet would've been a ton of smaller and harder to fix things.

That said, the list was dual purpose. Not only does it explain what could have gone wrong, but it also gives you a list of what to look for. People could very easily have already been going in and adding/removing/changing data, so it would be a good idea to check everything from before the sheet was locked and fixed for false entries, as well as checking to make sure no entries were lost.
@KyraG I just explained why it was less of an attack and more of a "what the public can do to let you know." Yes, it would have been better for a simple "lock your sheet" than eyeblinding colours and a comic of things on fire and comic sans, but an attack on the sheet would've been a ton of smaller and harder to fix things.

That said, the list was dual purpose. Not only does it explain what could have gone wrong, but it also gives you a list of what to look for. People could very easily have already been going in and adding/removing/changing data, so it would be a good idea to check everything from before the sheet was locked and fixed for false entries, as well as checking to make sure no entries were lost.
o.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.png yCzY.png
Occasionally on unannounced/unplanned hiatus. See profile for Discord to contact off-site if needed for art reasons.
WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 56 57