Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [Done]
1 2 3 4
[center] [img]https://s26.postimg.org/5mi2m7neh/top.png[/img] [size=5][b]Open a Door[/b][/size] [img]https://s26.postimg.org/9p4i7js55/bottom.png[/img] Hi new players! Welcome to Flight Rising and to my giveaway game for you! I'm so excited to see so many of you joining the community. I wish your time here will be awesome and you'll accrue a lair of amazing dragons lickety-split! In order to make you feel more welcome and to give you a bit of a headstart, I'm doing this small giveaway! [img]https://s26.postimg.org/k0lgdy989/thing.png[/img] [u][b]How does this giveaway work?[/b][/u] This is my spin on a popular forum game here on Flight Rising forums called the "Open a door"-game. There are a number of threads for this game [u]([url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drt/1911816/1]here[/url][/u], [u][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drt/1952228/1]here[/url][/u] and [u][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2029206/1]here[/url][/u] for example) over in [u][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga]Forum Games[/url][/u] and elsewhere. I urge you to take a look at those, they are loads of fun! However, in this thread I will post the descriptions for [b]twelve doors[/b], behind which there will be [b]a dragon, ready to breed and with art in their bio[/b] and [b]a mystery gift[/b] to go with them. It will be a surprise what you get, but you get to pick a door that speaks to you, for whatever reason! If you had fun and would like to organise mystery doors for other users, head on over to the existing Open a door-games or make your own thread in Forum Games or here in Raffles and Giveaways. [img]https://s26.postimg.org/k0lgdy989/thing.png[/img] [u][b]Rules[/b][/u] [b]You must be a new player who registered during this (November) Welcome Week.[/b] Reply to this thread with the number or name of the door you would like to pick - but be sure to check if someone else has already picked it in the comments. [b]You can only pick one door.[/b] I will reply to you in this thread with what you got and send you a Crossroads-trade with the contents. [b]Please accept the trade in two days maximum.[/b] The dragon and the mystery gift are yours to do with as you please when you accept the trade! However, if you end up trading or selling the dragon, be sure to mention to your buyer that the dragon has art in their bio (in their information box) - some people are willing to pay you more for that! You can remove the bio template or the art from the dragon's bio, if you wish. But if you continue to use the template or the art, do not remove the credits to the artists. [img]https://s26.postimg.org/k0lgdy989/thing.png[/img] And that's it! If you have any questions about this giveaway (or anything else Flight Rising-related), I'm happy to answer them. Have fun playing my small giveaway game and once again, welcome to FR c: [/center]

top.png

Open a Door

bottom.png

Hi new players! Welcome to Flight Rising and to my giveaway game for you! I'm so excited to see so many of you joining the community. I wish your time here will be awesome and you'll accrue a lair of amazing dragons lickety-split! In order to make you feel more welcome and to give you a bit of a headstart, I'm doing this small giveaway!

thing.png

How does this giveaway work?

This is my spin on a popular forum game here on Flight Rising forums called the "Open a door"-game. There are a number of threads for this game (here, here and here for example) over in Forum Games and elsewhere. I urge you to take a look at those, they are loads of fun!

However, in this thread I will post the descriptions for twelve doors, behind which there will be a dragon, ready to breed and with art in their bio and a mystery gift to go with them. It will be a surprise what you get, but you get to pick a door that speaks to you, for whatever reason! If you had fun and would like to organise mystery doors for other users, head on over to the existing Open a door-games or make your own thread in Forum Games or here in Raffles and Giveaways.

thing.png

Rules

You must be a new player who registered during this (November) Welcome Week.

Reply to this thread with the number or name of the door you would like to pick - but be sure to check if someone else has already picked it in the comments.

You can only pick one door.

I will reply to you in this thread with what you got and send you a Crossroads-trade with the contents. Please accept the trade in two days maximum.

The dragon and the mystery gift are yours to do with as you please when you accept the trade! However, if you end up trading or selling the dragon, be sure to mention to your buyer that the dragon has art in their bio (in their information box) - some people are willing to pay you more for that!

You can remove the bio template or the art from the dragon's bio, if you wish. But if you continue to use the template or the art, do not remove the credits to the artists.

thing.png

And that's it! If you have any questions about this giveaway (or anything else Flight Rising-related), I'm happy to answer them. Have fun playing my small giveaway game and once again, welcome to FR c:
kqXHr7Y.png
[center] [img]https://s26.postimg.org/5mi2m7neh/top.png[/img] [size=5][b]The doors[/b][/size] [img]https://s26.postimg.org/9p4i7js55/bottom.png[/img] Choices, choices... which door will you pick to walk through? [s][size=4][b]1. Obsidian Door[/b][/size] The door is an immense, foreboding slab of obsidian. It looks like it would be cold to the touch. You are not sure you can even make it budge! No hurt in trying though, right?[/s] [s][size=4][b]2. Light Wooden Door[/b][/size] The door is made from a light wood, maybe birch or pinewood! It gives you a nostalgic feeling, like the door was something you've seen maybe in your childhood. It is certainly a very inviting door, though there is nothing special about it either.[/s] [s][size=4][b]3. Golden Door[/b][/size] You are pretty sure the door [b]cannot[/b] be made from pure gold, but it certainly looks like it. It is regal and amazing, and there must be something valuable behind it.[/s] [s] [size=4][b]4. Jeweled Door[/b][/size] The door is so fitted to the brim with jewels of different sizes and shapes that you can not tell what material it is originally made out of. As you shift on your feet, the jewels glimmer and sparkle enchantingly. You wonder which one of them is the doorknob...[/s] [s][size=4][b]5. Dark Wooden Door[/b][/size] There is something mildly ominous about this door, but you can not put your finger on it. It smells really lovely, though, it is as if you were in the thick of a forest.[/s] [s][size=4][b]6. Coral Door[/b][/size] The door looks like a big barnacle, with colourful corals growing on it. There's even some bubbles coming out of the crevices! You half expect to see a crab crawl out of one of its nooks and crannies. The door underneath looks like the pearly part of a shell, and is lovely to look at. [/s] [s] [size=4][b]7. Ornament Door[/b][/size] The delicate and intricate ornaments of this door are breathtaking - you can only feel in awe about the craftsmanship of this curious door. The wood underneath it shines through the paintwork, resulting in nice muted colours that all go together perfectly.[/s] [s][size=4][b]8. Rainbow Door[/b][/size] How was this door even built? Through some weird trick of light, or oil, or something, the smooth door shines in all the colours of the rainbow. There is a weird scent in the air around it. [/s] [s][size=4][b]9. Overgrown Door[/b][/size] It appears as if this door has not been opened in a long, long time. There are thick vines growing on top of it and a lush layer of leaves sprouting from those. You are not even sure where you would start with opening the thing! But it sure looks adventurous.[/s] [s][size=4][b]10. Clockwork Door[/b][/size] There is an audible ticking and you can see all kinds of wheels turning and twisting within the door-shaped gilded cage. You can almost see beyond the contraptions to what lies behind it... until something twists and the numerous machinations and metal parts block your view. The door certainly feels alive, and like someone must be taking good care of it.[/s] [s][size=4][b]11. Door Clad in Silks[/b][/size] Colourful silks are draped all over this door, gently moving in the lightest of breezes. You can make out some faded patterns on them, but can not tell what they would depict. If old, the silks seem intact. The door behind them seems to be made out of rich mahogany.[/s] [s][size=4][b]12. Iron Door[/b][/size] This door almost looks like the door to a prison cell, or an armoury. It must hold behind it something that needed special care to not be let loose. There are some studded decorations in the iron, but it seems like no special care went into its crafting. It seems as if what lies behind it is more interesting than the door itself.[/s] [/center]

top.png

The doors

bottom.png

Choices, choices... which door will you pick to walk through?

1. Obsidian Door

The door is an immense, foreboding slab of obsidian. It looks like it would be cold to the touch. You are not sure you can even make it budge! No hurt in trying though, right?

2. Light Wooden Door

The door is made from a light wood, maybe birch or pinewood! It gives you a nostalgic feeling, like the door was something you've seen maybe in your childhood. It is certainly a very inviting door, though there is nothing special about it either.

3. Golden Door

You are pretty sure the door cannot be made from pure gold, but it certainly looks like it. It is regal and amazing, and there must be something valuable behind it.

4. Jeweled Door

The door is so fitted to the brim with jewels of different sizes and shapes that you can not tell what material it is originally made out of. As you shift on your feet, the jewels glimmer and sparkle enchantingly. You wonder which one of them is the doorknob...

5. Dark Wooden Door

There is something mildly ominous about this door, but you can not put your finger on it. It smells really lovely, though, it is as if you were in the thick of a forest.

6. Coral Door

The door looks like a big barnacle, with colourful corals growing on it. There's even some bubbles coming out of the crevices! You half expect to see a crab crawl out of one of its nooks and crannies. The door underneath looks like the pearly part of a shell, and is lovely to look at.

7. Ornament Door

The delicate and intricate ornaments of this door are breathtaking - you can only feel in awe about the craftsmanship of this curious door. The wood underneath it shines through the paintwork, resulting in nice muted colours that all go together perfectly.

8. Rainbow Door

How was this door even built? Through some weird trick of light, or oil, or something, the smooth door shines in all the colours of the rainbow. There is a weird scent in the air around it.

9. Overgrown Door

It appears as if this door has not been opened in a long, long time. There are thick vines growing on top of it and a lush layer of leaves sprouting from those. You are not even sure where you would start with opening the thing! But it sure looks adventurous.

10. Clockwork Door

There is an audible ticking and you can see all kinds of wheels turning and twisting within the door-shaped gilded cage. You can almost see beyond the contraptions to what lies behind it... until something twists and the numerous machinations and metal parts block your view. The door certainly feels alive, and like someone must be taking good care of it.

11. Door Clad in Silks

Colourful silks are draped all over this door, gently moving in the lightest of breezes. You can make out some faded patterns on them, but can not tell what they would depict. If old, the silks seem intact. The door behind them seems to be made out of rich mahogany.

12. Iron Door

This door almost looks like the door to a prison cell, or an armoury. It must hold behind it something that needed special care to not be let loose. There are some studded decorations in the iron, but it seems like no special care went into its crafting. It seems as if what lies behind it is more interesting than the door itself.

kqXHr7Y.png
I'd like to open door #1, the Obsidian door! owo @Sesei
I'd like to open door #1, the Obsidian door! owo @Sesei
txa43GE.jpg
@Azzurra97 You walk fearlessly towards the Obsidian door, ready to give it your all in one big push... when the door opens effortlessly from the inside. It is dark if not pitch-black beyond the door, but you can see a light getting closer. Suddenly you hear the beating of huge wings. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35937614] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/359377/35937614_350.png[/img] [/url] An imperial emerges from the darkness, with huge, dark, feathered wings attached to its body all wonky. Trailing behind it seems to be some smoke... that is suddenly taking the form of a bird! [item=Inkwell Feathered Wings] [item=Smoke Gyre] The door slams shut.
@Azzurra97

You walk fearlessly towards the Obsidian door, ready to give it your all in one big push... when the door opens effortlessly from the inside. It is dark if not pitch-black beyond the door, but you can see a light getting closer. Suddenly you hear the beating of huge wings.

35937614_350.png

An imperial emerges from the darkness, with huge, dark, feathered wings attached to its body all wonky. Trailing behind it seems to be some smoke... that is suddenly taking the form of a bird!

Inkwell Feathered Wings Smoke Gyre

The door slams shut.
kqXHr7Y.png
@sesei wow she's so pretty! Thank you for being so kind!
@sesei wow she's so pretty! Thank you for being so kind!
txa43GE.jpg
@Sesei the Coral door please!!!
@Sesei the Coral door please!!!
@Sesei Dark Wood door please. I'd like to test my luck.
@Sesei Dark Wood door please. I'd like to test my luck.
@walkera You try to pry the door open carefully, like you would a seashell, but you can hear the coral cracking. From inside, a salty breeze blows, even though you can see that behind it is a single pearly chamber. An elegant dragon resting inside seems to be awakening from a slumber of sorts. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35944995] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/359450/35944995_350.png[/img] [/url] There is something shiny in her claws... As she is making her way over and you try to squint at what she is holding, something pinches you on your foot! Little bugger. [item=Teardrop Pastel Spinel Bracelet] [item=Riptide Clipper]
@walkera

You try to pry the door open carefully, like you would a seashell, but you can hear the coral cracking. From inside, a salty breeze blows, even though you can see that behind it is a single pearly chamber. An elegant dragon resting inside seems to be awakening from a slumber of sorts.

35944995_350.png

There is something shiny in her claws... As she is making her way over and you try to squint at what she is holding, something pinches you on your foot! Little bugger.

Teardrop Pastel Spinel Bracelet Riptide Clipper
kqXHr7Y.png
@sesei i would like to open the Jeweled Door!
@sesei i would like to open the Jeweled Door!
Wow omg!!! I love it!!! She’s so regal!!
Wow omg!!! I love it!!! She’s so regal!!
1 2 3 4