Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [CLOSED] Starry-Telling Ball & Raffle
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18
Username: PuffyRuffy
User ID: 338699
Title (if applicable): A Dance under the Stars
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers): N/A
Submission:

A bed of moonlit roses covered the stage, their soft petals emitting a dim glow that enchanted the crisp air. Silence was the velvet curtain that hushed the nonexistent audience as it was lifted, the audience that gazed with large eyes with anticipation, pricking them open every time they blinked. Click-clack went the claws that rapped against the beige floor, signifying the arrival of the performer; the performer that would whisk away all of their problems and stresses and worries and issues and sadness about everything and everyone for one night. The sound echoed throughout the venue.

Lavender scented the air the moment an amethyst foot stepped off of the cold, hard path and onto the cushioned platform. Her dream would soon become a reality. The final click sounded, signaling the show was about to start. The show that would change the two-legged Ridgeback's life from being seen as a lumbering, ginormous fool to a petite and infinitely graceful dancer. The crystalline wings that protruded from her back would no longer be seen as bat-like, but more rather a swan's that reflected her brilliance into the eyes of the onlookers. The large, unruly tail that often knocked down the unlucky around her would be seen as a natural extension of herself, exaggerating her movements to a delightful degree.

Mith wore no costume. She had thrown off her white cape just before she had stepped onto the illuminated stage. There was no need for it here, as everyone wanted to watch her. Everyone wanted to look at her. Everyone wanted to watch her dance and she will dance. Those pink eyes of hers were lit up with life as she assumed her position, back turned to the side and wings outstretched. She closed her eyes. A click of her fingers and she was off.

One step, two steps, three steps, four. Music gently began playing from somewhere off in the crowd, enhancing her rhythm and figure. She was like a butterfly emerging from a cocoon. Her audience watched with awe as her tail elegantly copied Mith's movement in the slow twirl. The anxiety of failing ebbed away as both she and the violin playing sweetly increased in tempo.

Now the butterfly was beginning its flight. She wobbled and waved with precision over the silver roses, wings artfully flapping without disturbing the floor beneath her. The natural grace the Ridgeback had captivated more watchers to come and join the ever-growing crowd in front of her. This was her dream.

The climax. This butterfly was now high up in the sky and showing its colours to the world. Mith pranced about the stage at the same beat of the violin that has increased its volume to a forte, encapsulating the area with music. Her moment has now come, the ending that would truly complete the story. She was prepa-

A voice called out to her. All at once the multitude of dragons popped away, the cloak of quiet was hastily thrown over the fiddle, the flowers that accentuated her movements transformed to dust, and the feeling of bulkiness latched onto her once more. Mith stumbled abashedly on the dull rock she had been clattering on.

"Mith." a voice repeated. The Ridgeback looked towards the source. It was a grey Guardian. She had been caught acting once again, giving her the same feeling she had gotten before. She would never dance in front of a crowd, and nobody would ever want to see a dragon such as herself even attempt to do so.

With shame and embarrassment coating her like thick honey, Mith slunk towards her dragon that looked tired of being woken up by her playing. The dance she danced alone was never, and would never, be seen by anyone but herself and the one who interrupts her.

However, what the dragon did not know was that her performance had a real crowd. Millions upon millions of them. Each and every star that glinted in the sky beamed down upon the glittering female, hoping to see yet another performance again. They each individually applauded her, the applaud that would reach her ears in her sleep.
Username: PuffyRuffy
User ID: 338699
Title (if applicable): A Dance under the Stars
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers): N/A
Submission:

A bed of moonlit roses covered the stage, their soft petals emitting a dim glow that enchanted the crisp air. Silence was the velvet curtain that hushed the nonexistent audience as it was lifted, the audience that gazed with large eyes with anticipation, pricking them open every time they blinked. Click-clack went the claws that rapped against the beige floor, signifying the arrival of the performer; the performer that would whisk away all of their problems and stresses and worries and issues and sadness about everything and everyone for one night. The sound echoed throughout the venue.

Lavender scented the air the moment an amethyst foot stepped off of the cold, hard path and onto the cushioned platform. Her dream would soon become a reality. The final click sounded, signaling the show was about to start. The show that would change the two-legged Ridgeback's life from being seen as a lumbering, ginormous fool to a petite and infinitely graceful dancer. The crystalline wings that protruded from her back would no longer be seen as bat-like, but more rather a swan's that reflected her brilliance into the eyes of the onlookers. The large, unruly tail that often knocked down the unlucky around her would be seen as a natural extension of herself, exaggerating her movements to a delightful degree.

Mith wore no costume. She had thrown off her white cape just before she had stepped onto the illuminated stage. There was no need for it here, as everyone wanted to watch her. Everyone wanted to look at her. Everyone wanted to watch her dance and she will dance. Those pink eyes of hers were lit up with life as she assumed her position, back turned to the side and wings outstretched. She closed her eyes. A click of her fingers and she was off.

One step, two steps, three steps, four. Music gently began playing from somewhere off in the crowd, enhancing her rhythm and figure. She was like a butterfly emerging from a cocoon. Her audience watched with awe as her tail elegantly copied Mith's movement in the slow twirl. The anxiety of failing ebbed away as both she and the violin playing sweetly increased in tempo.

Now the butterfly was beginning its flight. She wobbled and waved with precision over the silver roses, wings artfully flapping without disturbing the floor beneath her. The natural grace the Ridgeback had captivated more watchers to come and join the ever-growing crowd in front of her. This was her dream.

The climax. This butterfly was now high up in the sky and showing its colours to the world. Mith pranced about the stage at the same beat of the violin that has increased its volume to a forte, encapsulating the area with music. Her moment has now come, the ending that would truly complete the story. She was prepa-

A voice called out to her. All at once the multitude of dragons popped away, the cloak of quiet was hastily thrown over the fiddle, the flowers that accentuated her movements transformed to dust, and the feeling of bulkiness latched onto her once more. Mith stumbled abashedly on the dull rock she had been clattering on.

"Mith." a voice repeated. The Ridgeback looked towards the source. It was a grey Guardian. She had been caught acting once again, giving her the same feeling she had gotten before. She would never dance in front of a crowd, and nobody would ever want to see a dragon such as herself even attempt to do so.

With shame and embarrassment coating her like thick honey, Mith slunk towards her dragon that looked tired of being woken up by her playing. The dance she danced alone was never, and would never, be seen by anyone but herself and the one who interrupts her.

However, what the dragon did not know was that her performance had a real crowd. Millions upon millions of them. Each and every star that glinted in the sky beamed down upon the glittering female, hoping to see yet another performance again. They each individually applauded her, the applaud that would reach her ears in her sleep.
Username: QueenLunaRose
User ID: 108968
Title (if applicable): Atonement
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers): Self-hatred, death
Submission:

I had once been traveling through a woods, in search of the fountain of youth said to be guarded in a Fairy Realm, and I wanted to use it to gain eternal life. Rather selfish of me if I had to look back. But what I didn't expect was the beauty that would guard it. She had beautiful white scales, yellow yes and wings like that of an angel. And she was powerful, very powerful. She thwarted my attempts to get to the fountain many times. And apparently she read my mind to know I would leave when she insisted.

We spent seven days together, I showed her my book of badges I had collected through out my short fledgling years. Telling her of my history of being a common thief. Yet in her eyes I saw no judgement, in fact I saw love. She was falling for me as I was falling for her. And the fountain no longer was my true intentions for being here, for I wanted to spend my days with her as well. All of my days.

But those happy days would not last, as I was coming back with berries and other fairy forest plants to eat a fire demon came, also wanting the fountain, but unlike me, he wasn't so easily denied. That day and into the night we fought him as he burned her home to ash, rending her sanctuary unusable. But we did manage to save the chalice that held the magic of the fountain, that gave it endless flow. I stood to use my weapon to tear out the heart of the demon only to hear her cry that they had more than one. And that night she gave me the greatest and worst gift. She forced me, through a kiss, after leaping in the way of the demon as it turned to attack me, the whole chalice, which would grant me eternal life. But she would die in my arms. Lost to me...

Fast forward to a year ago.

As I wonder these planes of this world alone I look to the heavens, noticing a shooting star. And I make one wish. To see my Elaine, to make her mine.....Forever.
Username: QueenLunaRose
User ID: 108968
Title (if applicable): Atonement
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers): Self-hatred, death
Submission:

I had once been traveling through a woods, in search of the fountain of youth said to be guarded in a Fairy Realm, and I wanted to use it to gain eternal life. Rather selfish of me if I had to look back. But what I didn't expect was the beauty that would guard it. She had beautiful white scales, yellow yes and wings like that of an angel. And she was powerful, very powerful. She thwarted my attempts to get to the fountain many times. And apparently she read my mind to know I would leave when she insisted.

We spent seven days together, I showed her my book of badges I had collected through out my short fledgling years. Telling her of my history of being a common thief. Yet in her eyes I saw no judgement, in fact I saw love. She was falling for me as I was falling for her. And the fountain no longer was my true intentions for being here, for I wanted to spend my days with her as well. All of my days.

But those happy days would not last, as I was coming back with berries and other fairy forest plants to eat a fire demon came, also wanting the fountain, but unlike me, he wasn't so easily denied. That day and into the night we fought him as he burned her home to ash, rending her sanctuary unusable. But we did manage to save the chalice that held the magic of the fountain, that gave it endless flow. I stood to use my weapon to tear out the heart of the demon only to hear her cry that they had more than one. And that night she gave me the greatest and worst gift. She forced me, through a kiss, after leaping in the way of the demon as it turned to attack me, the whole chalice, which would grant me eternal life. But she would die in my arms. Lost to me...

Fast forward to a year ago.

As I wonder these planes of this world alone I look to the heavens, noticing a shooting star. And I make one wish. To see my Elaine, to make her mine.....Forever.
OfF9Gci.gif 4JU8r97.gif_________________________59TgHaL.png
[b]@PuffyRuffy Your story was sweetly charming...I love the idea of applauding stars! Tickets & entry recorded! @QueenLunaRose It's so sad and beautiful. Tickets and entry recorded! [img]http://www.auplod.com/u/dlupoa9d969.gif[/img] Thank you & Happy Starfall![/b]
@PuffyRuffy

Your story was sweetly charming...I love the idea of applauding stars! Tickets & entry recorded!

@QueenLunaRose

It's so sad and beautiful. Tickets and entry recorded!

dlupoa9d969.gif Thank you & Happy Starfall!
b6f3d4ea76e68d8090de5809afe1f0105cf2c98e.pngoYfCraJ.png0HxJjfZ.gif TAzcwMk.gif
Username: Acorn781
User ID: 299072
Title (if applicable): Together
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers): (Implied death?)
Submission:
“Goodbye, Mom. I love you. So many things have happened since we’ve last been together, yet I’ll keep you in my heart… always and forever.” Drake closed his eyes and whispered these words. Gently, he set fire to the lantern clutched in his paws. Soft and bright, the flame burned, just like his mother’s passionate love for him. He watched as the lantern blew away, lighting the night sky in its ethereal path towards another plane. “I’ll miss you, Mom.” Drake took one last look at the starry sky, and set off towards his home, his heart heavy with memories the whole way.

Drake wearily reached his home by midnight. His son was peacefully sleeping, tucked in a blanket of grassy weeds sewn together by magic. “Hello, little kiddo,” Drake murmured to his son’s sleeping form. He ruffled his son’s hair, and his son started to smile in his sleep. “Dad…” he mumbled, trying to swat his dad’s paw away. Drake dug a small clearing with his claws, and settled down next to his son, slowly falling asleep for the night.

“No, no, no!” Drake was awakened by several loud exclamations. His son’s eyebrows were creased, and he tumbled around in the small clearing, twisting this way and that. “No, no! I don’t want to go! Leave me alone!” his son yelled. “There there now, it’ll all be okay,” Drake tried to comfort his young son. He was suddenly cut off by a shrill cry of fear. “Woah!” Drake backed away from instinct. Quickly, Drake’s paws started to envelop around his son’s small body. “It’s going to be ok, I’ll be there with you, we’ll get through this together,” Drake whispered encouragingly to his son. Small trembles shook his son, and the small boy opened his eyes. “Dad?” the small question was barely audible against the chirping of hundreds of crickets.

Drake grinned. “Hey, little buddy! How’s it going? You feeling better now, Essix?” Essix gazed into the loving eyes of his father and whimpered. “Oh, Dad! It was terrible. These intergalactic monsters were trying to eat me up, and I was being thrown into space forever with no way back, and I felt so scared, and I didn’t know what to do, and the colors were so dark and … scary! It was so scary!” Drake hushed his son, “Well, it’s fine now. I’m there for you! I won’t let those intergalactic monsters get you on my watch!” he reassured his son, although he inwardly let out a chuckle at the intergalactic monsters part.

Essix quieted. “Hey Dad?”
“Yes, my little Essy?”
“Why… why is space so dark and scary?”
“Scary, huh?”
“Yeah, Dad! All those dark colors, threatening to swallow you up. Don’t you ever get scared?”
“Hey, tell you what… come here, Bud” Drake motioned towards the spot next to him. Essix crawled up next to him and snuggled next to his warmth, preparing for another fabulous story.

“The night sky isn’t so scary at all if you really take a closer look at it,” Drake began.
“Really? How?!”
“Well, take another look. There are pinks and purples and indigos and blacks thrown in there together. Some portions are lighter than others. They create a beautiful blend.”
“But, why is it so dark?”
“It’s dark because the darkness lets the stars shine.”
“Stars? What are stars?”
“Oh, little guy… have you really never heard of the stars? Hm… do you see those little pinpricks of light up there? They shine so brilliantly against the dark sky.”
“Those are stars? Wow! I never really looked closely at them before. I guess I just was too frightened to look up closely at the sky!”

Drake lovingly laughed. “Oh, son! Now you know that you should never look at the big picture alone! For the big picture is always made of smaller parts!”
Essix pointed up at the sky. “What’s that group of stars over there?”
Drake looked up along with Essix and replied, “That’s Orion! In dragon lore, he’s a famous hunter.”
“And what’s that?” Essix pointed to another cluster of stars on his left.
“That’s Lyra, a small, but beautifully simplistic constellation.”

The pair stayed that way for the remainder of the night. And as Drake answered Essix’s questioned, his mind flashed back to a similar moment in his childhood. A mother and her son sat side by side, looking up at the starry sky together.
“Goodbye, Mom. I love you. So many things have happened since we’ve last been together, yet I’ll keep you in my heart… always and forever.”

Username: Acorn781
User ID: 299072
Title (if applicable): Together
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers): (Implied death?)
Submission:
“Goodbye, Mom. I love you. So many things have happened since we’ve last been together, yet I’ll keep you in my heart… always and forever.” Drake closed his eyes and whispered these words. Gently, he set fire to the lantern clutched in his paws. Soft and bright, the flame burned, just like his mother’s passionate love for him. He watched as the lantern blew away, lighting the night sky in its ethereal path towards another plane. “I’ll miss you, Mom.” Drake took one last look at the starry sky, and set off towards his home, his heart heavy with memories the whole way.

Drake wearily reached his home by midnight. His son was peacefully sleeping, tucked in a blanket of grassy weeds sewn together by magic. “Hello, little kiddo,” Drake murmured to his son’s sleeping form. He ruffled his son’s hair, and his son started to smile in his sleep. “Dad…” he mumbled, trying to swat his dad’s paw away. Drake dug a small clearing with his claws, and settled down next to his son, slowly falling asleep for the night.

“No, no, no!” Drake was awakened by several loud exclamations. His son’s eyebrows were creased, and he tumbled around in the small clearing, twisting this way and that. “No, no! I don’t want to go! Leave me alone!” his son yelled. “There there now, it’ll all be okay,” Drake tried to comfort his young son. He was suddenly cut off by a shrill cry of fear. “Woah!” Drake backed away from instinct. Quickly, Drake’s paws started to envelop around his son’s small body. “It’s going to be ok, I’ll be there with you, we’ll get through this together,” Drake whispered encouragingly to his son. Small trembles shook his son, and the small boy opened his eyes. “Dad?” the small question was barely audible against the chirping of hundreds of crickets.

Drake grinned. “Hey, little buddy! How’s it going? You feeling better now, Essix?” Essix gazed into the loving eyes of his father and whimpered. “Oh, Dad! It was terrible. These intergalactic monsters were trying to eat me up, and I was being thrown into space forever with no way back, and I felt so scared, and I didn’t know what to do, and the colors were so dark and … scary! It was so scary!” Drake hushed his son, “Well, it’s fine now. I’m there for you! I won’t let those intergalactic monsters get you on my watch!” he reassured his son, although he inwardly let out a chuckle at the intergalactic monsters part.

Essix quieted. “Hey Dad?”
“Yes, my little Essy?”
“Why… why is space so dark and scary?”
“Scary, huh?”
“Yeah, Dad! All those dark colors, threatening to swallow you up. Don’t you ever get scared?”
“Hey, tell you what… come here, Bud” Drake motioned towards the spot next to him. Essix crawled up next to him and snuggled next to his warmth, preparing for another fabulous story.

“The night sky isn’t so scary at all if you really take a closer look at it,” Drake began.
“Really? How?!”
“Well, take another look. There are pinks and purples and indigos and blacks thrown in there together. Some portions are lighter than others. They create a beautiful blend.”
“But, why is it so dark?”
“It’s dark because the darkness lets the stars shine.”
“Stars? What are stars?”
“Oh, little guy… have you really never heard of the stars? Hm… do you see those little pinpricks of light up there? They shine so brilliantly against the dark sky.”
“Those are stars? Wow! I never really looked closely at them before. I guess I just was too frightened to look up closely at the sky!”

Drake lovingly laughed. “Oh, son! Now you know that you should never look at the big picture alone! For the big picture is always made of smaller parts!”
Essix pointed up at the sky. “What’s that group of stars over there?”
Drake looked up along with Essix and replied, “That’s Orion! In dragon lore, he’s a famous hunter.”
“And what’s that?” Essix pointed to another cluster of stars on his left.
“That’s Lyra, a small, but beautifully simplistic constellation.”

The pair stayed that way for the remainder of the night. And as Drake answered Essix’s questioned, his mind flashed back to a similar moment in his childhood. A mother and her son sat side by side, looking up at the starry sky together.
“Goodbye, Mom. I love you. So many things have happened since we’ve last been together, yet I’ll keep you in my heart… always and forever.”

bRPrhwa.giftumblr_na90ypEFLf1sif4cro5_500.gif
Username: Cheshly
User ID: 322302
Title (if applicable): Wanted
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers): CAUTION: death, depression, loneliness
Submission:

This is what I wanted, isn't it?

I wanted to be up here. I'm close enough to the stars that if I reached out my hand, maybe I could touch them. Maybe, if I looked hard enough, I could learn all their secrets and discover something brand new. It could be a new element, or an alien race. It could be the cure for every disease, or a pathogen that could destroy planets. It could be anything, and it's just right there. This is all I ever wanted, ever since I was a child. So, why am I not fulfilled?

This rocket, that for so long I looked at as if it was the greatest treasure on Earth, has now become a jail cell. The plain grey walls, the blank black monitors, and that awful metallic echo coming back to me each time I breath. It's driving me crazy. I don't think I can take it anymore. Even outside this ship, there is little more than darkness. Occasionally I see a comet pass by, or a stray planet that is yet to be named, but they no longer give me joy. All the give me is sadness, they are the reason I'm here in the first place.

This is all I ever wanted, just to be alone with the stars. Everything in my life has lead me up to this point, and now I must look back and realize that it was all wrong. I have studied the universe and all of it's known galaxies. I have gazed through an endless number of telescopes, and dreamed of the day I could see them with my naked eye. I was the first in line when they told me they could send me off to the sky, and now I am here. I never should have signed up for this. What was I thinking? They told me I might never come back, but for some reason I didn't listen. I had this hope that it would all be okay, but it's not going to be.

I can't remember when I lost connection with the base. It was a while ago, I can tell you that. They have no clue where I am, and neither do I. I went sent out here to study these cosmos, and I have done just that. However, no one will ever see these extensive notes, and the rest of my life will be spent up here alone. This is all I ever wanted, and now it is all I will ever see.
Username: Cheshly
User ID: 322302
Title (if applicable): Wanted
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers): CAUTION: death, depression, loneliness
Submission:

This is what I wanted, isn't it?

I wanted to be up here. I'm close enough to the stars that if I reached out my hand, maybe I could touch them. Maybe, if I looked hard enough, I could learn all their secrets and discover something brand new. It could be a new element, or an alien race. It could be the cure for every disease, or a pathogen that could destroy planets. It could be anything, and it's just right there. This is all I ever wanted, ever since I was a child. So, why am I not fulfilled?

This rocket, that for so long I looked at as if it was the greatest treasure on Earth, has now become a jail cell. The plain grey walls, the blank black monitors, and that awful metallic echo coming back to me each time I breath. It's driving me crazy. I don't think I can take it anymore. Even outside this ship, there is little more than darkness. Occasionally I see a comet pass by, or a stray planet that is yet to be named, but they no longer give me joy. All the give me is sadness, they are the reason I'm here in the first place.

This is all I ever wanted, just to be alone with the stars. Everything in my life has lead me up to this point, and now I must look back and realize that it was all wrong. I have studied the universe and all of it's known galaxies. I have gazed through an endless number of telescopes, and dreamed of the day I could see them with my naked eye. I was the first in line when they told me they could send me off to the sky, and now I am here. I never should have signed up for this. What was I thinking? They told me I might never come back, but for some reason I didn't listen. I had this hope that it would all be okay, but it's not going to be.

I can't remember when I lost connection with the base. It was a while ago, I can tell you that. They have no clue where I am, and neither do I. I went sent out here to study these cosmos, and I have done just that. However, no one will ever see these extensive notes, and the rest of my life will be spent up here alone. This is all I ever wanted, and now it is all I will ever see.

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
Username: StormDragon21
User ID: 198529
Title (if applicable): Flame of Peace
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers): Slightly more possibly canon.
Submission:
Dragons had spread over the earth, but the gods were still restless, especially a certain fire-bird.
"Bakun has honor to his name. No creature can survive without him. But I hold domain over fire, which no creature can survive. He is loved, while I am feared. What can I do?"
"Brother, I have the opposite problem. I am honored, but not feared. These inland creatures have never seen my power: the crashing wave, the drowning whirlpool. All they see me for is their livelihood," Bakun said. "Will we help each other?"
"I will help you out if you will help me."
Vulcan was not much of a thinker, but he had a skill with force. Bakun, on the other hand, had a quick and clever mind. "Brother Vulcan?" he asked. "What can fire be used for?"
"Fire...hmm. Fire can clear away unneeded brush. Fire can be used to kill animals and criminals. Fire can drive away others. That is all I can think of."
Bakun grumbled. "Brother, what do you need to create fire?"
"You need...heat! Fire can be used for heat! I can help the humans by bringing heat!"
In a cloud of flames, Vulcan teleported to the first dragon settlement. "I am Vulcan, the Fire-Bringer. I come here not to destroy, but to save. You feel cold when winter comes, right? You cannot explore colder territories because you could freeze. I present to you the gift of fire." As he flew off, one of his feathers fell and turned into the first campfire. It is said that the fire still burns to this day.
Username: StormDragon21
User ID: 198529
Title (if applicable): Flame of Peace
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers): Slightly more possibly canon.
Submission:
Dragons had spread over the earth, but the gods were still restless, especially a certain fire-bird.
"Bakun has honor to his name. No creature can survive without him. But I hold domain over fire, which no creature can survive. He is loved, while I am feared. What can I do?"
"Brother, I have the opposite problem. I am honored, but not feared. These inland creatures have never seen my power: the crashing wave, the drowning whirlpool. All they see me for is their livelihood," Bakun said. "Will we help each other?"
"I will help you out if you will help me."
Vulcan was not much of a thinker, but he had a skill with force. Bakun, on the other hand, had a quick and clever mind. "Brother Vulcan?" he asked. "What can fire be used for?"
"Fire...hmm. Fire can clear away unneeded brush. Fire can be used to kill animals and criminals. Fire can drive away others. That is all I can think of."
Bakun grumbled. "Brother, what do you need to create fire?"
"You need...heat! Fire can be used for heat! I can help the humans by bringing heat!"
In a cloud of flames, Vulcan teleported to the first dragon settlement. "I am Vulcan, the Fire-Bringer. I come here not to destroy, but to save. You feel cold when winter comes, right? You cannot explore colder territories because you could freeze. I present to you the gift of fire." As he flew off, one of his feathers fell and turned into the first campfire. It is said that the fire still burns to this day.
Mg9qSuP.gif
Username: LascielsShadow
User ID: 125389
Title (if applicable):
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers):
Submission:
“It’s staring at me again!” The Tundra eyed the squat little ship hunkered silently in the middle of the workshop, feeling its baleful gaze locked on him. Updraft sighed at the alarmed exclamation, pushing his goggles up to his forehead to eye the speaker. “Bluestreak. It’s a spaceship. It is not staring at you. It doesn’t even have eyes.”

It is! I don’t think it likes me.” He gave the thing a sidelong glance, eyeing the gleaming metal suspiciously. I’ve got my eye on you, too, mister.

“Blue, it-”, he shook his head, rubbing his temples with one claw. He could feel a headache coming on already. “Never mind. Why don’t you go help Levi with mixing up the rocket fuel? It’s easy enough a hatchling could do it.” He turned back to his workbench, gaze trailing over the tools spread out across its surface.

“I...yeah, okay.” Behind the Mirror’s back, Bluestreak gave the ship one last warning glare, sticking his tongue out at the thing.I don’t like you either, jerk. So there. He hmmphed quietly and headed further into the science wing of the lair, where the junior engineers and alchemists were readying the fuel for the day’s test flight.

Updraft sighed again, tugging his goggles back down, and picked up a wrench. Just a few more adjustments and the Ark I would be ready for its first foray into the stars. Once the fuel was prepared and loaded, they would only require a little heavy lifting to get the ship out to its launchpad and for Sonar (who had volunteered herself once again to be the test subject for an unproven invention) to get herself settled within the ship before takeoff. Everything was planned down to the minute and, according to all of his and his assistants’ triple-checked calculations, should be flawless in its execution.

What could possibly go wrong?

They stared in collective awe at the dazzling light show. The Ark I had, just moments before, launched cleanly from its platform outside the science wing of the lair, sailing majestically into the stratosphere, trailing fire in its wake...and then exploded spectacularly. It was now raining down debris, which flared brightly in the dim glow of the Wood, fading quickly to nothing.

From somewhere within the knot of scientists observing the launch came a quiet, gleeful, “That was so awesome!” The glee was short-lived, however, as from the far side of a group of their clanmates came the voice of Prowl, one of the clan leaders. “As amusing as I am certain you are all finding this...disaster, I would very much like to know: where is Sonar? Your usual harebrained schemes are one thing, but this is endangering the life of a clanmate, and I demand an explanation!”

Updraft stepped forward nervously. “Ah, commander, sir, I can assure you that she is perfectly fine. The launch system has registered that the escape ha-”

“WA-HA-HAA-HOO-OOO-OOO! What a slaggin’ rush!”
Prowl and Updraft, along with several others snapped their heads up, staring at the sky in disbelief as a large, loud shape came spiraling in, landing noisily within the gathered circle of concerned clanmates. There were a few moments of intense rustling from beneath the large bundle of white cloth that had touched down, and then a shimmering blue head emerged, grinning from ear to ear. “Slag, Upsy, dunno if it was s’posed ta do that, but that was fuuun! Can I do it again?” She grinned at her gathered clanmates,blithely ignoring the mutter of “How many times have I told you not to call me that?” “Oh, Prowlie! I mean...Prowl, sir! Didja see that landing? Pretty awesome, right?” Beside her, Prowl gave a long-suffering sigh, resisting the urge to bury his face in both claws, and wondered what he had done to deserve being cursed with such ridiculous specimens of dragonkind in his clan.

Back in the science wing, Updraft and his partner in crime science, Backdraft, had dragged in Bluestreak and were trying to figure out exactly what had cause their ship to fail so spectacularly on its maiden voyage.

How much fuel did you put in those rockets?” Updraft leveled a cool glare at him and Bluestreak squeaked and did his best to hide behind Backdraft, heedless of the fact that the Nocturne was barely larger than him. He peered timidly from behind the nominal safety of his clanmate’s body and gulped. “Um...”

Bluestreak.” The glare turned glacial, and Bluestreak shivered, feeling its weight bearing down on him.

The Tundra eep-ed quietly. “I-I used the amount in the recipe, I swear! I would never try to-to improvise with something like this, not when I know you guys have been working so hard on it and that you trusted me to help out even though I don’t really know what I’m doing and I swear I didn’t mean to do whatever it is you think I did and-”

The breathless, panic-edged tumble of words came to an abrupt halt as Backdraft turned from his position of draconic shield to slap a claw over Blue’s mouth. “Bluestreak. Tell us clearly. How much, exactly, did you put in? The recipe called for ten teaspoons per-”

TEASPOONS?!” The panicked tone was now accompanied by saucer-wide eyes.

Both scientists blinked at him, puzzled. Something was off here.

“Er. Yes”, Backdraft said slowly. “That is the standard ratio.”

“Oh. Um. I, uh...may have overdone it, then. Just a little." Bluestreak looked away nervously, ears twitching.

Updraft faceclawed. “Dare I ask how much you thought it meant?”

“Uh...tensquarepounds?” The words came out in a rush, and it took Updraft a moment to decipher what Bluestreak had said.

“...Ten...” Updraft’s mouth twitched, and Bluestreak couldn’t tell if the other dragon was on the verge of laughter or tears. Possibly both.

“...square pounds?” There was a bright, hopeful lilt to Bluestreak’s response, which, combined with the guileless puppy eyes and the memory of Sonar spiraling to the ground, whooping gleefully the whole way cast the whole mess in a new and hilarious light. The realization hit Backdraft at the same time, and Bluestreak watched in utter bemusement as the tense atmosphere was abruptly broken by both scientists covering their faces with both claws and laughing until there were tears running down their faces.

“...Um. So...you’re not mad at me?”

“Wha-oh, no, no. Not now.” Updraft grinned at him, wiping all four of his eyes. “That is far too priceless a blunder for either of us to hold a grudge over. How on Sornieth you managed to interpret teaspoons as square pounds, I just-” he snickered again, waving a claw. “Forget it, Blue. We can build another one. This...incident was actually quite useful, to be honest.” “Oh. Well, okay then!” Bluestreak’s face brightened and he turned to Backdraft, who simply grinned back at him. “So we’re good then?”

“Of course, dear Blue, just...come help me find whatever might be salvageable of our poor ship.” He slung an arm around the other dragon’s shoulders, gently steering him toward the door and adding a little more force when Bluestreak looked ready to balk.

“But ‘Draaaft, I told you, that thing hated me. I don’t wanna help find it.”

“Bluestreak, it did not hate you. It was an inanimate object.”

“So? It still hated me!”

They set off down the hall towards the outside, bickering all the way.

Inside the workshop, Updraft grinned dreamily, talons trailing lightly over his workbench. So Operation:Starshine had been a failure-they’d still gotten a really cool explosion out of it. He stepped over to his drafting table and picked up a pencil. They would succeed next time, he was sure. They’d just have to make sure the Ark II was a little more...explosion proof.

Humming, he set to work.
Username: LascielsShadow
User ID: 125389
Title (if applicable):
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers):
Submission:
“It’s staring at me again!” The Tundra eyed the squat little ship hunkered silently in the middle of the workshop, feeling its baleful gaze locked on him. Updraft sighed at the alarmed exclamation, pushing his goggles up to his forehead to eye the speaker. “Bluestreak. It’s a spaceship. It is not staring at you. It doesn’t even have eyes.”

It is! I don’t think it likes me.” He gave the thing a sidelong glance, eyeing the gleaming metal suspiciously. I’ve got my eye on you, too, mister.

“Blue, it-”, he shook his head, rubbing his temples with one claw. He could feel a headache coming on already. “Never mind. Why don’t you go help Levi with mixing up the rocket fuel? It’s easy enough a hatchling could do it.” He turned back to his workbench, gaze trailing over the tools spread out across its surface.

“I...yeah, okay.” Behind the Mirror’s back, Bluestreak gave the ship one last warning glare, sticking his tongue out at the thing.I don’t like you either, jerk. So there. He hmmphed quietly and headed further into the science wing of the lair, where the junior engineers and alchemists were readying the fuel for the day’s test flight.

Updraft sighed again, tugging his goggles back down, and picked up a wrench. Just a few more adjustments and the Ark I would be ready for its first foray into the stars. Once the fuel was prepared and loaded, they would only require a little heavy lifting to get the ship out to its launchpad and for Sonar (who had volunteered herself once again to be the test subject for an unproven invention) to get herself settled within the ship before takeoff. Everything was planned down to the minute and, according to all of his and his assistants’ triple-checked calculations, should be flawless in its execution.

What could possibly go wrong?

They stared in collective awe at the dazzling light show. The Ark I had, just moments before, launched cleanly from its platform outside the science wing of the lair, sailing majestically into the stratosphere, trailing fire in its wake...and then exploded spectacularly. It was now raining down debris, which flared brightly in the dim glow of the Wood, fading quickly to nothing.

From somewhere within the knot of scientists observing the launch came a quiet, gleeful, “That was so awesome!” The glee was short-lived, however, as from the far side of a group of their clanmates came the voice of Prowl, one of the clan leaders. “As amusing as I am certain you are all finding this...disaster, I would very much like to know: where is Sonar? Your usual harebrained schemes are one thing, but this is endangering the life of a clanmate, and I demand an explanation!”

Updraft stepped forward nervously. “Ah, commander, sir, I can assure you that she is perfectly fine. The launch system has registered that the escape ha-”

“WA-HA-HAA-HOO-OOO-OOO! What a slaggin’ rush!”
Prowl and Updraft, along with several others snapped their heads up, staring at the sky in disbelief as a large, loud shape came spiraling in, landing noisily within the gathered circle of concerned clanmates. There were a few moments of intense rustling from beneath the large bundle of white cloth that had touched down, and then a shimmering blue head emerged, grinning from ear to ear. “Slag, Upsy, dunno if it was s’posed ta do that, but that was fuuun! Can I do it again?” She grinned at her gathered clanmates,blithely ignoring the mutter of “How many times have I told you not to call me that?” “Oh, Prowlie! I mean...Prowl, sir! Didja see that landing? Pretty awesome, right?” Beside her, Prowl gave a long-suffering sigh, resisting the urge to bury his face in both claws, and wondered what he had done to deserve being cursed with such ridiculous specimens of dragonkind in his clan.

Back in the science wing, Updraft and his partner in crime science, Backdraft, had dragged in Bluestreak and were trying to figure out exactly what had cause their ship to fail so spectacularly on its maiden voyage.

How much fuel did you put in those rockets?” Updraft leveled a cool glare at him and Bluestreak squeaked and did his best to hide behind Backdraft, heedless of the fact that the Nocturne was barely larger than him. He peered timidly from behind the nominal safety of his clanmate’s body and gulped. “Um...”

Bluestreak.” The glare turned glacial, and Bluestreak shivered, feeling its weight bearing down on him.

The Tundra eep-ed quietly. “I-I used the amount in the recipe, I swear! I would never try to-to improvise with something like this, not when I know you guys have been working so hard on it and that you trusted me to help out even though I don’t really know what I’m doing and I swear I didn’t mean to do whatever it is you think I did and-”

The breathless, panic-edged tumble of words came to an abrupt halt as Backdraft turned from his position of draconic shield to slap a claw over Blue’s mouth. “Bluestreak. Tell us clearly. How much, exactly, did you put in? The recipe called for ten teaspoons per-”

TEASPOONS?!” The panicked tone was now accompanied by saucer-wide eyes.

Both scientists blinked at him, puzzled. Something was off here.

“Er. Yes”, Backdraft said slowly. “That is the standard ratio.”

“Oh. Um. I, uh...may have overdone it, then. Just a little." Bluestreak looked away nervously, ears twitching.

Updraft faceclawed. “Dare I ask how much you thought it meant?”

“Uh...tensquarepounds?” The words came out in a rush, and it took Updraft a moment to decipher what Bluestreak had said.

“...Ten...” Updraft’s mouth twitched, and Bluestreak couldn’t tell if the other dragon was on the verge of laughter or tears. Possibly both.

“...square pounds?” There was a bright, hopeful lilt to Bluestreak’s response, which, combined with the guileless puppy eyes and the memory of Sonar spiraling to the ground, whooping gleefully the whole way cast the whole mess in a new and hilarious light. The realization hit Backdraft at the same time, and Bluestreak watched in utter bemusement as the tense atmosphere was abruptly broken by both scientists covering their faces with both claws and laughing until there were tears running down their faces.

“...Um. So...you’re not mad at me?”

“Wha-oh, no, no. Not now.” Updraft grinned at him, wiping all four of his eyes. “That is far too priceless a blunder for either of us to hold a grudge over. How on Sornieth you managed to interpret teaspoons as square pounds, I just-” he snickered again, waving a claw. “Forget it, Blue. We can build another one. This...incident was actually quite useful, to be honest.” “Oh. Well, okay then!” Bluestreak’s face brightened and he turned to Backdraft, who simply grinned back at him. “So we’re good then?”

“Of course, dear Blue, just...come help me find whatever might be salvageable of our poor ship.” He slung an arm around the other dragon’s shoulders, gently steering him toward the door and adding a little more force when Bluestreak looked ready to balk.

“But ‘Draaaft, I told you, that thing hated me. I don’t wanna help find it.”

“Bluestreak, it did not hate you. It was an inanimate object.”

“So? It still hated me!”

They set off down the hall towards the outside, bickering all the way.

Inside the workshop, Updraft grinned dreamily, talons trailing lightly over his workbench. So Operation:Starshine had been a failure-they’d still gotten a really cool explosion out of it. He stepped over to his drafting table and picked up a pencil. They would succeed next time, he was sure. They’d just have to make sure the Ark II was a little more...explosion proof.

Humming, he set to work.
B8_L2.pngm35_book.pngm2_02_book.pngm22_book.pngl4_02_book.pngl7_01_book.pngB8_R2.png
DPSlXho.png
[b]@Acorn781 I'm going to need a new box of tissues soon...that was so adorable, sweet, and full of nostalgia. Tickets & entry recorded! @Cheshly That's so melancholy, but I could imagine it happening. Tickets & entry recorded![/b] [img]http://www.auplod.com/u/ulpoda9d971.gif[/img]
@Acorn781

I'm going to need a new box of tissues soon...that was so adorable, sweet, and full of nostalgia. Tickets & entry recorded!

@Cheshly

That's so melancholy, but I could imagine it happening. Tickets & entry recorded!

ulpoda9d971.gif
[b]@StormDragon21 That's an interesting explanation for the arrival of fire in the world...nice characterizations! Tickets & entry recorded! @LascielsShadow That was a cute story with fun and good times between clan members - I liked it! Tickets & entry recorded! [img]http://www.auplod.com/u/dlupoa9d969.gif[/img] Thank you & Happy Starfall![/b]
@StormDragon21

That's an interesting explanation for the arrival of fire in the world...nice characterizations! Tickets & entry recorded!

@LascielsShadow

That was a cute story with fun and good times between clan members - I liked it! Tickets & entry recorded!

dlupoa9d969.gif Thank you & Happy Starfall!

[b]Hey everyone! First, thank you all so much for participating! Second, I have a favor to ask of you: Would you please consider putting one of our promo badges in your forum signature? I would really like more people to know about this event, which has been so much fun...would you help me out? Along with my many thanks, this comes with 5 extra tickets. Have an awesome night/day![/b] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/8331a30c7a59013d351165fd6b91fc36/tumblr_owcu6cx37C1vr5hp1o2_250.png[/img] [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2284057][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/8331a30c7a59013d351165fd6b91fc36/tumblr_owcu6cx37C1vr5hp1o2_250.png[/img][/url][/code] [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/6efdb8e8bb2dcb59f004c52fbb7122d2/tumblr_owcu6cx37C1vr5hp1o3_250.png[/img][/center] [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2284057][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/6efdb8e8bb2dcb59f004c52fbb7122d2/tumblr_owcu6cx37C1vr5hp1o3_250.png[/img][/url] [/code] [size=1] @FairyoftheMoon @Pharah @Disillusionist @Mokuroh @Luminaries @Gusted @Naga @JetBlackOblivion @Samoqueen @FrostDragonRose @Gloomy @HSoup @Vulcanatus @Sanati @Lemonquartz @Petall @Rolyo @amaerin @Tarany @UltimateKitty @balthy @CatsAndMaths @ShadowTheEdgehog @Haelne @GalaxyFilly @Cheshly @Anthiese @depinvenom @Paradoxmagic @StormDragon21 @Acorn781 @riseandshine @BlueHorse @Saraceaser @QueenLunaRose @Pennifeather @casuallySleepy @LascielsShadow [/size]
Hey everyone! First, thank you all so much for participating!

Second, I have a favor to ask of you: Would you please consider putting one of our promo badges in your forum signature?

I would really like more people to know about this event, which has been so much fun...would you help me out? Along with my many thanks, this comes with 5 extra tickets. Have an awesome night/day!

tumblr_owcu6cx37C1vr5hp1o2_250.png
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2284057][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/8331a30c7a59013d351165fd6b91fc36/tumblr_owcu6cx37C1vr5hp1o2_250.png[/img][/url]

tumblr_owcu6cx37C1vr5hp1o3_250.png
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2284057][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/6efdb8e8bb2dcb59f004c52fbb7122d2/tumblr_owcu6cx37C1vr5hp1o3_250.png[/img][/url]

@FairyoftheMoon
@Pharah
@Disillusionist
@Mokuroh
@Luminaries
@Gusted
@Naga
@JetBlackOblivion
@Samoqueen
@FrostDragonRose
@Gloomy
@HSoup